Speaker 1: Hey, sorry we're late everyone. We were too busy getting sued.
Speaker 2: Yes, you may have noticed. The name of our show is now different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome to the Driver's Show everyone. I think it sounds better. Yeah, it was benefit of hindsight. I think it is a much better name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I did pitch it early on, but you.
Speaker 1: Just spat on your face and said get out of my office, and then I threw you out.
Speaker 2: The window, and then you realize you don't have an office.
Speaker 1: It was in the cardboard box in the park. So yeah, it's been a bit of a mad couple of How long has it been. It's it been a couple of months now since we've been out of record.
Speaker 2: Yes, mainly because we've had just some absolute.
Speaker 1: We have had some issues with the legal system. And as a courtesy, where now the Driver's Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which we have enough to be confused with anything else.
Speaker 1: Anything else. We have a new logo, We've got new five updated my photos so now you can actually see my extra chin.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're I'm looking at your photo now and you look like you you exist in eight pixels.
Speaker 1: For health and safety reasons, ladies, ladies, this.
Speaker 2: Is what happens if you keep eating cupcakes.
Speaker 1: I look good in that jacket. Seriously, I walk out in public in that jacket. It is dinners on ladies. It's like seagulls fighting over a chip. Anyway, So I guess we should talk about a little bit of the backstory about where we've been. I feel like it's been so bloody long.
Speaker 2: How are you poor? Your rush? Have you been?
Speaker 1: How are you sleeping these days? How's your erection?
Speaker 3: Well, I've been busy and everything was going great until we started getting emails from our good friends.
Speaker 1: Yes, our good friends and and whatnot.
Speaker 2: So you know it's official when they call you Gordon.
Speaker 1: Oh god, well no, according to one of the legal letters, mister Gordon, mister what what mister Gordon? I think you are an infringement or what. So basically what's happened is.
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, let me pause you there. I'm a member of the boys legal team, and I'm here to make sure that they keep their noses clean and not get themselves in trouble. So here's what you need to know. Here's the facts. In September of twenty twenty two, a particular television network and media company sent the Boys a letter of demand claiming, in their view, the boys podcast The Drive Show was allegedly infringing their media automotive derivative Drive. Essentially, they claimed the word Drive in The Drive Show podcast infringed trademark registrations relating to their brand Drive for numerous reasons covered under numerous clauses of the Trademarks Act. We won't bore you with we don't believe it at all. However, given we don't have as much time on our hands as the complainant and on an own missions basis, the Boys have changed the name of this podcast to The Driver's Show. That's Drive with an RS at the end. You can still find us on Spotify, Apple Podcast, and iHeartRadio, but will be known under the Driver's Show. You can still use the Drive Show dot com dot AU for a while, but we'd prefer the Driver's Show dot com dot A. You Okay, back to you guys, so.
Speaker 1: Probably shouldn't have sworn that much, but it is what it is. There's no lies there, no.
Speaker 2: To my former colleagues.
Speaker 3: Next time you want to us to do something, just pick up the phone and message me because you have my number, and don't go running to your legal department.
Speaker 1: Doesn't that say a lot about you? They don't even want to talk to you anyway.
Speaker 2: This is family radio.
Speaker 1: No, it's very much not very much. Listen to this dad's emailers and go. Can you cut the swearing out? I love to listen to you. Where my kids in the car? Well, you know what can stop it?
Speaker 2: Grow up?
Speaker 1: Get some time to yourself those kids anyway. Anyway, so we're back into it now, back into fortnightly.
Speaker 2: Episodes of the Driver's Show, The.
Speaker 1: Driver Show, Bigger and Massed with anything Else, formerly known as by the way, just on that The Drivers Show dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you want to email us, it's the same thing but slightly different. So contact at the Drivers Show dot com dot au is how you'll be able to get in touch with us for the moment.
Speaker 2: You never know, that might change. Yeah, I annoy.
Speaker 1: Someone else highly likely forever. Anyway, Hey, you did a road trip, which I thought was boring. I love what you do for fun. You know what we should do? What let's compare an EV to a diesel car. Well, that sounds like a good idea. What do you want to do then, I don't know, Let's wink each other off in the public toilet on the roads. It sounds like a good idea to me. How good's engineering? Oh, it's brilliant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that happened.
Speaker 1: So you did a road trap with your good made elbows. Yeah, and it was you're in an EV You're in a EV six. Yeah, he was in what was it, an Audi q FA Diesel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Audi Q five thirty five TDI, which is the base model Diesel.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 1: It still looked good by the way that car, Yeah, I thought it still looked It doesn't look like a bass shitter.
Speaker 2: It sort of looks okay.
Speaker 3: So yeah, we thought, let's test the theory out with EV's. You know they're meant to be really cheap and really not.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, what I wanted to figure out was can you actually drive an EV regionally in Australia. I know that all the major highways are covered, but what if you don't necessarily want to go on a major highway. The second part to this challenge was Audi claims that the base Q five can do fourteen hundred k's on a tank. And what I said to Elbows was, I'm going to challenge you to make it to Sydney from Adelaide in that Q five on one tank and he is famously not very good at being efficient, and I basically.
Speaker 2: Got him to brim the tank. We brimmed the EV to one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: And brim the tank mean basically phill it so that the fuel is like literally at the cap.
Speaker 2: So it's all the way.
Speaker 3: And the reason we do this hashtag engineer is because you then brim it at the.
Speaker 1: End and it sounds like a search thing on born.
Speaker 3: Because at the end you can brim it again and use the exact number of liters you've used plus the kilometers you've traveled to figure out the fuel economy, which ended up being different to what the computer said, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, Wow cool. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, long story short, we did this road trip. It was sorry to recap. It was Melbourne to Adelaide, Adelaide to Sydney. Oh, Adelaide to Sydney.
Speaker 3: Yeah so, and via the regional route, so via the hay planes, so not via the sort of the major highway.
Speaker 2: It takes you closer to Melbourne and then back up to Sydney. The reason we did that is I wanted to see what the.
Speaker 3: Regional stuff was like and for Elbows to actually make it.
Speaker 2: He decided to travel a bit slower.
Speaker 3: He was doing ninety k's an hour, and the whole purpose of this was for him to fail, but also for us to see how much time I would spend on the road trip having to charge the car compared to him just being able to drive constantly. And there results ended up being interesting. So I used a site called a Better Route Planner. So it's a free website, and what it does for evs is it.
Speaker 1: I've gone to a site called better Route too. I didn't really find you were rejected. I was rejected.
Speaker 3: So Better Route Planner allows you to type in your destination. What it does is it takes into account topology, weather, and the real range of the EV to tell you when and how often you need to charge. So this was really good and basically you.
Speaker 1: Do Tesla have something similar in their software like that.
Speaker 2: Already they do, but only with Tesla charges.
Speaker 3: Yes, so this actually into account any public charging infrastructure. So what we found was that I'd have a certain number of places I'd need to stop. We decided that instead of doing it all in one day, we would stop in Hay overnight at a motel.
Speaker 2: I'm trying and.
Speaker 3: Avoid those wherever possible. But anyway, well, what was that like? So FIRS class?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Great. I was like, oh, hi, do I get an upgrade to a suite or anything? And They're like no, they.
Speaker 1: Put you both in the same room.
Speaker 3: Then they said here's your key, and I'm like, oh, so it's a physical key. Interesting was your bedcoin operated? So our own troop was going great. I kept sort of overtaking Elbows after stopping. Once we got away from the main highway where the chargers slowed down a lot, he would sort of make up a bit of ground. But the biggest issue we had was on our way between Oyan and Hay because just they closed the road across the Murray, so we had a seventy kilometer detour and I would have thrown it all up.
Speaker 2: Well, it was an issue for me because I pulled.
Speaker 3: Out early in in Oion because Elbows had got ahead a little bit and we had a plan to stop there to eat, but there was nothing open on a Monday night, so I sort of stopped charging early. And as a result of that, when it came to the detail, I was like, oh, well, this is going to be a slight issue because we're adding seventy k's on which I hadn't accounted for. And as it started, as the sun started setting, it started getting very cold, and an EV driven cold at highway speeds uses much higher amounts of battery charge because it has to use the battery to keep itself warm to run a heater. So I ended up arriving in Hay with one percent battery left. It was literally sweating bullet stuff because if I had have run out, we would have been screwed. And there was only one charger in Hay as well. So again, had it have been a long weekend or something and not a Monday night, I could have been in.
Speaker 2: A queue of seven other cars.
Speaker 1: I feel like your charger in Hay would have just been some woman that lives in a carr just like with a dart in the mouth. You did give a fucking car. Hey on, man, watch your name paula on, Paul, let me just plug your bloody car and anyway after Paul, anyway, So we plugged up. Now, this is a slow charger, so we had to basically leave the car there for an hour and a half while we went to the truck stop to have a dirty, dirty meal. Oh God, I wasn't sure where you.
Speaker 2: Were going without one to take it a dinner somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So anyway, the rest of the trip with two blokes at a track stop, nothing sus in Regionals, Australia.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We ended up in Sydney the following day and we filled both cars back up to one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: We sat down and.
Speaker 3: Did the costs and the EV ended up being five dollars cheaper than the diesel, which surprised me because I thought EV's were going to be significantly cheaper. And keep in mind the charge in Hay was free. It was the only charger along the way that was actually free, so basically meant that had I have paid in Hay, the EV would have been more expensive than the diesel to run over that trip. Granted, this is a very efficient deedl It ended up consuming four point three let us per one hundred k and he's doing ninety, but in reality he could have done the speed limit and filled up in four minutes and potentially done the trip in one day if he shared driving with someone else. So yeah, look, EV's a getting there, and once we do get faster charging rolled out everywhere, it'll be much better. But ultimately, with him doing ninety, we ended up arriving in Sydney within fifteen minutes of each other, so it wasn't actually that big of a deal having to stop, which I thought was pretty good.
Speaker 1: We really do have to up our game. I reckon on that sort of stuff. It's just my view on this whole thing hasn't really changed too much in the last couple of weeks. I've been driving a bad Well.
Speaker 3: You were saying that the bid could probably do Adelaide to Sydney without charging.
Speaker 1: Sure, Sure, on a tow truck, I was saying it could probably do Sydney to Port More Quarry in one go. I reckon it probably could, but in eco mode driving slow, air conditioner off, probably throw the luggage away. Maybe if they just had a lighter driver instead of me. Yeah, but yeah. So my point is, I think at the moment there's still a brilliant commuting car like that's that's where we're at. Unfortunately, city driving charging overnight, it's a habitual thing. I just they're not really doing anything. For those haters that are claiming, what about the regional bloody road trips made in theory, You've kind of proved that wrong. It's the same sort of cost, you arrived at the same sort of time, all that kind of stuff. But I mean, the reliability of charges in the infrastructure we've got here at the moment regionally is just not where it needs to be.
Speaker 3: Is always more expensive than an equivalent internal combustion car as well, so you're paying more upfront. So charging at home it's fine because you can you can obviously use solar lower rates, blah blah blah. But on a road trip they just don't. They make sense. But there's just a lot of planning involved. How do I have been with the family in that car and it weighed more and all that sort of stuff. I would have had to probably slow down to sixty k's an hour on a one hundred hundred and ten kN hour road to actually make it, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Because I can't just stop anywhere.
Speaker 1: And when you go like a screaming kid in the car, yeah, everyone knows. Like now, when you want to do a road trip with a kid, you kind of have a plan, but all those sort of plans go out the window. So I imagine that on top of doing something like this, I reckon it would be a friggin nightmare. But if you've done it yourself, let us know how you went.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm key to hear from people. I mean, do you drive an EV? Do you do long distance drives? I was looking at the comments on our article at car expert dot com that a you, and I noticed some people, like one guy said he's driven his Model by three thousand k's across the middle of Australia had no issues with charging.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, but that's if you're happy to.
Speaker 3: Charge for twenty four hours on a ten amps soccer at a caravan park. Yeah, which you were, well, but I mean it's just that kind of argument is just stupid. You can charge an EV anywhere, that's right, But I don't have twenty four hours to spare in between my trips, especially if you have a family.
Speaker 2: So yeah, anyway, what was.
Speaker 1: The lady's name here charged up your car?
Speaker 2: Was it Doris? Donna? Donna?
Speaker 1: Yes, because it was Donna. You want a chicken schnitzel while your late you go, Donna?
Speaker 3: Hey, Gordy, do you drive a Hyundai IX thirty five manufactured between twenty fourteen and twenty fifteen. No, Paul, I actually don't okay if you do, don't park it in a garage, okay, because it might catch on fire.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a little extra. They call those little extras easter eggs. When you don't know a fee, when you just find out a feature about your car. Yeah, oh, this one just like explodes.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the night campfire. Yeah. I mean yan Day and I think Kira.
Speaker 3: As well doing quite me on that are having issues with the ABS modules in number of their cars. And the latest here is the IX thirty five, which was the predecessor to the Tucson, where it may short circuit when components are exposed to moisture, and it can result in a vehicle fire even when the vehicle is switched off, so it doesn't affect the breaking system, but a vehicle fire may increase the risk of serious injury or death to vehicle occupants, other road uses and bystanders.
Speaker 2: You came up with that report, and Yanda is advising.
Speaker 3: Owners to park in an open space and away from flammable materials and structures. Therefore, don't park your ixit vibe in a garage, but on the street.
Speaker 1: Maybe you don't leave your Samsung Galaxy phone in there too. From that era, because that'll probably explode as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, how does this happen?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't understand how a car can explode when it's got zero electricity going through it or anything.
Speaker 2: Well, I think this is the worst case.
Speaker 3: So the saying they sold nineteen five hundred of these in between that period, I highly doubt all of them are going to do this. But you might have a cup all that have that might be that might reside by the ocean or some other area, or I might have moisture content that really sort of helps this short circuit. And the second you get that short circuit, there's enough sort of energy built up in there to start a small fire which then becomes a big fire.
Speaker 2: That's just not great.
Speaker 1: That is they were They weren't a bad car. They yeah, they did start to this issue. Yes, aside from this little hoo ha. Imagine if you're the proud owner of I X thirty five and then you just sort of wake up in the middle of the night and you're like, what the hell is that said?
Speaker 2: Did you leave the toasta on Donald?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 2: A barbecue?
Speaker 3: I can smell that the house burned down Now that's the sound of us losing our memories.
Speaker 2: Gordy.
Speaker 3: Did you know that as they sell more EV's, the economies of scale will make batteries become cheaper, and then EV's become cheaper.
Speaker 1: Yes, Paul, I had a rough idea.
Speaker 2: No, that's not true. Okay, that's that's not true.
Speaker 3: EV battery prices have increased this year for the first time.
Speaker 2: Oh so what they're doing is the exact.
Speaker 3: Opposite of what everyone expected them to do, which is go down in price. That's on the back of rising material costs and inflation.
Speaker 1: And parts and bloody chips and all this kind of crab, this weird story that is getting peddled out.
Speaker 3: Yea. So that is why at the moment we're seeing the cost of EV's go up across the board.
Speaker 2: And it's interesting.
Speaker 3: I was having a look at a graph that Bloomberg published and it showed that in twenty thirteen, the sort of cost per killer what hour of battery was something like seven hundred dollars, So it was quite expensive to buy an EV in twenty thirteen. In twenty twenty one, it was its lowest price at one hundred and forty dollars per kilo what hour Now it's gone up to one hundred and fifty one, and it looks like that trend is set to increase as.
Speaker 2: We move on.
Speaker 3: So evs are going to become more expensive before they become cheaper, and some of the European nations and now mandating evs to just.
Speaker 2: Be standard stuff, and it's like, well, who's going to be able to afford these?
Speaker 1: It's frustrating. It's a frust it's a frustrating piece of news because I feel like we're in a good place with EV's. They're starting to kind of leak into the mainstream a lot, and then you get stuff like this that kind of sets it back. Is this time to commercialize hydrogen a bit more?
Speaker 3: Maybe potentially, I mean people complain about the efficiency of hydrogen, but ultimately you need less battery pack, which is getting expensive.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hydrogen isn't as efficient, but if you're using green energy to create it then and it's.
Speaker 1: Less waiting time at the pump, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Yep, you don't have to meet Donna on your road trips.
Speaker 1: Well, that's actually that's a negative. I just want to meet She's a tourist attraction.
Speaker 2: You want to throw a leg over.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yeah, you've got the famous buck and caves and then you've got the famous Buck and Donna. Silly, what is that? You know when you drive through Regional Australia and you get like the giant Prawn and you get the giant Kuala and the big jam or something, then you just get Donna and she's just sitting on a toilet on the road side and just you can go in there. It was what you just like your kids like, Mom, is that the dog in the tucker Box? And Dad's like, I don't know, but to be safe if I'm going to enter through the gift shop.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is the worst episode. This is the best episode ever.
Speaker 1: By the way, we accept fan art, So if anyone likes to draw a picture of Donna on the Tucker Box, send it to us. We'll check it up on that Instagram. Donna in the Tacker Box. Sam Hey for GT Mark four, Holy shit balls?
Speaker 2: How good is that? So good?
Speaker 1: For G four looks like a almost looks like a futuristic McLaren.
Speaker 3: Well it's it sort of pays homage to the Lamon winning GT. So this is sort of where they where they've pulled it from. I just think that this is Yeah, it is. It is such a cool looking thing. How good is that spoiler?
Speaker 1: It's so next level? Yeah, like everything from the lights to the body kit on the look at that dining board sitting up at the back of it. Jesus.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they're talking price one point seven million US dollars. You have to apply for it, sixty seven of them. But the cool thing is they're basically modifying the three point five liter twin turbo Eco boost engine that it comes with, which is a similar version to the engine that's fitted to the F one fifty Raptor. They're saying it should produce almost six hundred kilowatts of power, which is insane. The regular road going version is just under five hundred. What's a power still, Yeah, I kind of.
Speaker 1: I mean they're good, they're great, but they're not. They're pretty good.
Speaker 2: No, But the thing is that weighs barely anything.
Speaker 3: So it's got a full carbon body and it's a lot of downforce, so it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we've got a friend of ours and the States has the road going version of this, and it is an unreal car. It sounds so good. It looks incredible. It is, Yeah, it is just something else.
Speaker 1: The other thing about Americans too, if they do a supercar, it's always very bold and brash. Yeah, there's something almost a little bit European about this.
Speaker 3: I just love the fact that they're doing it because at the moment everyone's sort of giving up on this type of thing, and I love the fact that they're going, no, no, we're still going to do this and just really really get stuck into it. So I think it is a sensational looking thing. What's this limited to sixty seven? Sixty seven and it's track only so you can't drive it on the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you make of you know, like high end companies like Porsche and Ferrari, where they always have when they're releasing a car, for instance, it could be a special edition whatever, but they pretty much know the clients they're going to give it to, Yeah, before it even goes up for order.
Speaker 3: This is the same thing, and actually quite funny. I don't know if anyone is aware of this, but when the AMGGT Black Series was being launched, if you wanted to buy one, they had an application form, and on that form they wanted your social media details, so they only really gave people allocations if they were like big on social media, which.
Speaker 1: That blows when you think about it. They're the people who are most likely to go bust at some point. Yeah, you know what I mean, They're and more likely to disgrace themselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this will be the same thing. And I'm just looking at the expression of interest. So they're asking for name, surname, email, phone number, location, and then they want to know about other Ford or multimatic road or race vehicles in your collection. So I think they'll probably just stick with people who have amazing car collections here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you're out. I guess I'm out.
Speaker 3: Well, I would definitely make mention of my V eight Commodore's sure.
Speaker 1: Sure, how's that going? Is that still collecting dust in the corner?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, obviously, maybe you could just show off your portfolio of NFTs and bitcoin. That was a great idea.
Speaker 2: That'd be a shoe in.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, I know guys who have that sort of deal with Porsche, for instance, I really do. No, I've witnessed it firsthand, and what they do is I've seen warehouses, walked in them, sat in these cars that are so rare. Basically, what it is is these high end execs they're given access to buy could be special edition nine to eleven of some sorts. Right, they'll take it to this warehouse and they'll stack it with ten, twelve of their other cars that is not part of their main collection. Right, So these are the rarest of rare under super kind of security purposes. And god, I know we've just come out of legal troubles and I don't want to get into it again. But arguably what that is is there. They call that their divorce account, So it's stuff that when they go through a divorce. It's somehow I don't know how, but it's somehow untrackable assets that was that is worth a lot of money. So it's arguably fifteen to twenty million dollars worth of cars easily sitting right there that can't be traced. Amazing, right, I'm doing choir, Yeah, babe, it should be divorcing you. It won't be the other way around.
Speaker 2: In one of those yeah how's your young day NFT going?
Speaker 1: I feel like you're empt.
Speaker 2: It's on fire at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, Gage, it's in Donna's garage.
Speaker 2: God a lot of things are in Donna's garage. Yeah, a lot, a lot.
Speaker 1: Are we ready? Are we ready for the review?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's do it.
Speaker 1: Oh is that where we're going now? Now that we're a new kind of we've got a new name, We're a different sort of a podcast. Now we're all grown up and professional and looking sweet. You've dropped your what is iconic?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, there you are.
Speaker 5: The twenty twenty two Forward Ranger. Prices start from fifty three thousand, six hundred eighty dollars for the double camp pick up four by four to the range topping Raptor at eighty six thousand, seven hundred ninety dollars plus on road costs.
Speaker 1: I am so impressed with these cars, so impressed. And I guess this is kind of a double of Forward Ranger, WildTrack and Raptor. You know. One thing I will say is one of the reasons why we actually started this podcast was like car journalists would piss me off. Everyone was lying to here, all the cars of the year and best affordable. It's all bullshit, it's all crap. But News Corp threw down one of the more accurate ones I've seen it in quite a long time where their top three was Model hy Ford Ranger and bydo three.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go. There you going to make sure we cover all bases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was interesting one two out of those three are electric cars. I've said to you many times how impressed I am with the with the Ranger. It is so well engineered. It's such a great car. I hate to suck up to Paul so who will engineered, but it's just put together so well.
Speaker 2: And that's got to the point where you bought one, yes, yeah.
Speaker 3: And the thing is as well that this car is a vehicle that was designed and engineered here in Australia.
Speaker 1: So Forward by yourself, did you have something to do with just by the way.
Speaker 2: So you know, Forward has enough.
Speaker 3: You know, faith in Ford Australia to manage that program and including Everest, and these vehicles are sold in hundreds of markets globally. It spawned the Amorock, which I'll be driving soon, that shares a platform with it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they really have gone to town on.
Speaker 3: I'm just putting as much effort into this as they can and for me, the Raptor takes it to the next level. They kind of went from the previous gym, which is a two leter sort of very slow but sort of fun over jumps and stuff into into this new one, which is a twin turbo V six petrol. It absolutely hammers uses a lot of fuel, but that's okay. Yeah, I bought one, so I actually collected it recently from Medeki Ford in Port mcquarie.
Speaker 2: What happened was, after.
Speaker 3: We did the initial sort of predevelopment drive, I put out on social that I wanted to buy one, and when the pricing came out, I was like, yeah, I'm fine with that.
Speaker 2: I want to buy one, of.
Speaker 1: Course, ent that oh what's that? Any hundred thousand.
Speaker 3: Fun dealers can give me a car on the first allocation, I'll order it through you. And my preference was a regional dealer. So when George Medek reached out to me, here we go.
Speaker 1: I hope you're listening to George. Jesus paid off dividends. Where's my raptor, George? Well, no, here's my raptor well mcquarie.
Speaker 2: For George, it.
Speaker 3: Was only interested in people that are known. So yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Have got I've got a photos now mate. Yeah, but your still you're using yours? Yeah, back in the day when you were tanning yourself with a bottle of soy sauce.
Speaker 2: It's my European olive skills.
Speaker 1: That is really not what it is. That's long gone.
Speaker 3: So he reached out and said, I'll give you my personal allocation, which he'd ordered like a year prior, and I said thank you, and I did a road trip to Port mccraye to pick it up. They were great to deal with, and what we did was we shot a video explaining what pre delivery is because when you get charge a dealer delivery fair.
Speaker 2: Look at it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, okay, what are you charging me two grand for? And two grand is is what you should be paying. Any more than that, you're getting ripped off. But basically, the dealer delivery fee covers transport from the boat to the dealer, depending on the car brands Summer obviously more expensive than others, depending on where the dealer is.
Speaker 1: What's interesting too, is like, yeah, I was going to say that because it's too great, and that's going from what arguably Sydney.
Speaker 2: Depends, which.
Speaker 3: So it covers that cost. Then what Medeki Ford does. And I don't know if this is the same for all dealers. I just looked at their process. They basically do a sort of all points inspection under the car. It goes up on a hoist, they check all the switches, the USB ports, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: They do a wheel alignment as well.
Speaker 3: My car was slightly out on the front right wheel, so they fix that up. It then goes out on a test drive and then it gets a wash and a detail. So for each car, it's basically a four or five hour process to get it all done sort of properly. And that is what you're paying for now. That is the part that dealers have discretion over. So when you basically go in there, they won't charge you more than the recommended retail price and a new car, but they can charge you more on dealer delivery. So if you are seeing exorbitant fees on dealer delivery, that's where they're making their margin off you.
Speaker 1: F Yi, f yi, how's it going? How's it going in the k Enjoy it great?
Speaker 2: I love it? Yeah, it is really fun.
Speaker 3: I love the sound, I love just everything I love on the steering wheel, he can set the steering feel, the exhaust with dampers like you can really just customize everything, muck around with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's really cool. I love it.
Speaker 1: I genuinely enjoyed it. To me, the sweet spot though in the range was the Wild Track to the point where I put down in order myself, not a Mediki Ford, George, if you want to help a bro out, we've mentioned your name quite a few times, Badeki Ford, Paul cry George, Wild Track good, thank you anyway. But for me, Yeah, getting back to the Raptor though it is you've got this ceramic gray one yepen pinted. I had the I don't know what color, fire engine red. I like to call it code.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: I loved it, loved it a little bit. It stands out and it's got like that real American sort of red, like that kind of it's just a bloody red truck vibe about it, and it really is. It's a chunky car. It's really set up really well. It's just a brilliant car from start to finish. It's a car you can obviously daily the thing that got me into this, and the same with the WildTrack. I've got this feeling as well. But it is the sort of car where you can switch it on and you can go from one end of Australia to the other quite comfortably. You feel like this car is capable as anything. It's really well put together. There's nothing cheap about it. It's everything just works in cohesion. And they've put a lot of thought into everything about this, like the interior, just little things like you could rest your arm on the side of the door and it kind of looks like from a distance, I guess it looks like a leatherish kind of material, but if you get up close, it's like a squidgy kind of wet suit that everything can be wiped down, you know what I mean. Like, it's just kind of everything feels quality. Stitching, steering, driver position. It doesn't feel I mean, for me, I thought I was going to be driving an absolute monster of a car. Sorry, but it doesn't feel like a monster car. It just it feels like you're easy card to drive around.
Speaker 3: I like the safety teke as well. They've got a feature with the blind spot monitor. You get into the length of the trailer and then the blind spot monitor will take into account the length of the trailer, so when someone comes into the blind spot of the trailer, you're not accidentally going to merge into them. And yeah, they all of the cars as well can be optioned or come standard with an integrated brake controller as well, so you don't need to get that fitted on your own, which costs money.
Speaker 1: How do you go driving into a shopping center? Do you have to squaw? I had to screw the unscrew the aerial, But I mean, I think, what's the deal because the sharkfin aerial will be fine. But that Yeah, but well then you've got that big thing that sticks.
Speaker 2: Out, that that thing bends. That's not an issue. So you'll find with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's more just if you're reversing into a hard object. They're a bit stupid, mind you. A wraptor caught on fire the other day. I saw a video of a white one burning to the ground. And then yeah, there's been a lot of issues with drive shaft vibrations and stuff like that, so in the V sixers, So I'll be keeping an eye on it just to see how they go with reliability.
Speaker 2: Hopefully they're not shit.
Speaker 1: See how you go with that. The wild track was was the same. I think everything's well put together. The interior is great on it.
Speaker 2: The V six diesel is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I loved it. It doesn't feel like too noisy and like Radley kind of thing. It just feels like what they've put up the front is something very capable. I put an order into and I got quoted October next year, so I'm not liking that about it.
Speaker 2: It's only a year away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think those times will come down, and I suggest you try a regional dealer as well.
Speaker 1: What's his name from Medickie for George, Hey bro, I'm in Sydney. I mean he's even quicker, bloody trip.
Speaker 2: Well, when you're driving there in your BYD, I'll drive there.
Speaker 1: In the BYD and pick it up.
Speaker 2: I'll pick up the fuck.
Speaker 1: Don't you dare say that about the by D. That's one of the greatest electric cars of the year. It is. It's a good car, according to News Corp, which I think they I think they did it. I think they did okay this year.
Speaker 2: But look they gave the win to the Model. Y Yeah, they did the.
Speaker 1: Model Why god God, that's an ugly looking Although my brother in law shout out to him. He bought a brand Newie and he wrapped it in Matt black, which I thought was. I was like, oh okay, and then I saw it and it's not half shit. It's pretty good. It's actually, to be honest, it's probably the best thing you can do to that car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, aside from not buy it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it looks it looked way better with that sort of thing. And they'd gone to the effort of I think they that the t logo was in glass.
Speaker 2: Glass black, just to make it stand out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kid kill all touches actually, just very quickly on elbows. He bought one and sold it after five days.
Speaker 2: He hated the ride.
Speaker 3: It was terrible, so I told him not to get it with the twenties. Even the nineteens of the ride is terrible. The twenties it is unbearably bad.
Speaker 1: So look, it's it can be arguably it is a little bit stiff, but then you have a terrible case of hemorrhoids.
Speaker 2: Correct, So yeah, Dot, thank.
Speaker 1: Donna for that little gem and a few other little things she left behind you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that Paul Donna I saw?
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm just ringing to say of boon of the doctor. And it looks like you've copped a dose anyway, miss you all right, anyway, Episode one of The Driver's Show podcast with Gordian Paul g That's a long name, isn't it. Yeah, you couldn't get that bloody mixed up with anything, could you?
Speaker 2: Hope not? I wouldn't want to be a real dope if you did. Geez.
Speaker 3: So, if you want to email us, contact at the Drivers Show dot com dot au or on social media under the same name, Yeah, the Driver Show dot com dot you definitely want to hear from you. Let us know what you think of the new name and Gordy's pixelated picture.
Speaker 1: By the way, it's only pixelated because because of this studio, right, because it's been blown up so big.
Speaker 3: But anyone would think that you've shrunk that a little bit to make yourself look thinner in comparison to the slender beast next to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that on your polo?
Speaker 2: Shit?
Speaker 1: I want to say it's the logo, but I think that's actually a bit of mayonnaise or a bit of dinner. I can't tell. It's not like a bloody dinosaur with a walking is god? Yes, that looks like a toddler would wear.
Speaker 3: Please get in touch and also leave us a rating as well, because the more ratings you leave, the bigger the show will grow, and the more fun things we can do, the bigger lawyers we can hire.
Speaker 2: Yes, can we please? Please?
Speaker 1: Even if you think your friends would hate this podcast, tell them to like listen to it and rate, give it a bloody five stars, and share around and do whatever you've got to do to keep this thing pumped up, because when it goes number one, every time we go number one, it is the best bragging rights ever. And I'm telling you now there's a certain company that I'll be sending that too.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you for tuning in.
Speaker 1: Thanks for tuning in, everybody. I love you, I've missed you.
Speaker 2: A lot of things are in Donna's garra, Yeah, a lot, a lot.
Speaker 1: I remember when she gave birth to her third kid. Crazily enough, it wasn't the biggest thing that could come out of it.
Speaker 2: Oh God,