Speaker 1: Is It Just Me?
Speaker 2: Podcast by a couple of mitch.
Speaker 3: Don't suck it up. Welcome back to Drag Race Debrief. Everybody holo. Mitchell comes and.
Speaker 2: It's week seven and my favorite number is seven. Sahaa, I've just got a feeling in my mood. This is going to be a great one.
Speaker 4: I will say this is my favorite episode. And I was telling you off the air, even text the stand publicity lady, I'm like, this was the best episode. I thought it was great. All the queens looked good, it was funny, it was charming. Love to make Over like it was different. There was heartwarming elements, Rue was on fire, great lip syncs. My favorite episode.
Speaker 2: I didn't dislike the episode. It wasn't my favorite really, but I did notice the fact that there was just no drama, and I was like, oh here I am going on about. I don't like to surround myself with drama. I like to avoid drama, but when there was really none, I was like, ah, I kind of miss it.
Speaker 3: It was like watching the news.
Speaker 2: They all seem to genuinely like each other. What the fuck?
Speaker 4: Well that happens funnily enough, in the main seasons, like the US seasons, and they always call them RuPaul's best Friends Race. So in some seasons when the girls are really friendly, the fan base turn on them, like, we don't want RuPaul's best Friends Race, we want RuPaul's Drag Race.
Speaker 3: We want we want fighting and bitching.
Speaker 2: That's what I really even the fans say that, Yeah, they actually brand a season.
Speaker 4: Season nine is a famous RuPaul's Best Friends Race where by like halfway through, they eliminate all the drama queens and all they have is best friends. They love each other. It's supporting, yeah, which is nice every now and again, but no.
Speaker 3: I do like that.
Speaker 2: But then, yeah, there was something about this week's episode that I was like, what's missing? There's something, Oh, it's the drama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was very heartwarm.
Speaker 2: And they also brought in a bunch of random as I noticed for that makeover challenge, and I was like, who the fuck are these people? I don't know if I was meant to know who they were, but I was like, I see what they're doing. They save this till the end because there's only a final four. Yeah, four people might not be enough to, you know, uphold a whole episode.
Speaker 4: Do you think they're meant to be famous, Like, are they big in New Zealand? All that one guy, the drag queen fan Kieran or whatever his name is. Keenan, Yeah, Keelan McCaffrey. He's a someone in New Zealand. Because my friend Andrew I was watching it with him and he knew him.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, that's that guy.
Speaker 3: It was like a Mitchell Coombs of New Zealand.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I really don't know.
Speaker 4: Who would you have picked if you went first and you could pick any of the four? Because I think Molly I'll ask her this because we have Molly on a spoiler alert. Molly Poppins went home, but she picked the guy, the famed guy, and I think it shot her in the foot. I would have gone the older dad, because it's a bit of difference, you know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you're guaranteed to pull on the hearts throughing. Yeah, you've got the old man in drag. But also that's a lot of work, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I know, that's what I think. Hannah said that there was a lot of old skin to work with, which is true. Put you make up on young tight skin is easy, but old like raisin skin, yeah, easy.
Speaker 2: And didn't they say that that old guy had too much makeup on his face, like too much white.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it wasn't blended washed him out.
Speaker 2: See what I mean. You might be biting off more than you can chew.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: When we lost Molly in a good lip syn with Hannah Conda, which is sad because I think I want Hannah to win and I didn't want her to go and I sometimes they've done this in drag Grat History the front Runner, they boot out right before the end.
Speaker 2: I would love it if Hannah won, but it does look like I just think that it's going to be Spanky.
Speaker 3: Ru's infatuated with Spanky.
Speaker 2: Yeah you can tell, can't you. But also I don't want it to be selfishly. I don't want it to be two.
Speaker 4: Key weeks in, I agreed and I want a Sydney Queen. And when Hannah said in his episode, she's the only ever Sydney queen to make it to the final apart from Courtney Act in season five.
Speaker 2: Which, by the way, I'm obviously an idiot because I had no idea that was Courtney Act's origin story. I had no idea that she was on drag Race overseas.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she was top three or top two actually in one of the best seasons ever with Ban Delria.
Speaker 2: How long ago?
Speaker 3: Oh, this would have been ten years ago. Now he's six and they're up to season fifteen.
Speaker 2: So well there you go. Well, we've only got one week left, which I can't believe. I drag race de brief.
Speaker 4: But we've got predictions quickly before we get to Molly, who do you think, because it'll be next week we'll know the winner.
Speaker 3: Who do you think is going to win?
Speaker 2: Mm? I think you'll find I just said that. No, I know, but like lock at in, I don't know because I want it to be Hannah, but I also would be happy for other of the other two. I just wanted it to be Hannah out of loyalty, yes, but if it was either Queen Kong or spank attacks and I'd be like yeah, or you deferve it same.
Speaker 4: I think they could do throw a spinner in the work and do a Queen Kong win. You reckon, Yeah, they could. But I'm gonna lock in Hannah. That's my big all right, lock it in Chi and Eddie. Let's get this beautiful queen on from Newcastle, Molly Poppins, Hello Darling, Welcome.
Speaker 1: Hello Mitch and midche Thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: How pleasure Chock.
Speaker 2: How are you feeling after watching the episode?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm feeling good. You know my end.
Speaker 5: You know, I've come to the end of my run on drag Race, but I can be more fucking chafted proud of myself, like, you know, made.
Speaker 1: A top four so that's something to be Yeah, very happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you even said it yourself at the end of the episode, which shocked me. You said on the couch, in that little untucked moment that you didn't expect to get this far, which didn't take take my breath away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, I didn't expect to get that far. You know.
Speaker 5: I've just you know, self doubt has riddled me my whole life, and I was just like, oh, you know, who would have thought this little girl from Newcastle could make it all the way to top four, But there she was, you know, and I did feel correct. We even said in the episode, like not who I originally envisioned the top four, But as you know, the episodes kept going along and long each week, I was like, no, this is correct.
Speaker 2: How many other Drag queens are there in Newcastle or do you just have a monopoly on all the gigs.
Speaker 5: There's it's like we're a small scene, but we're definitely, definitely here. I would say that there's maybe like twenty tops, oh.
Speaker 4: Wow, twenty tops or twenty drag queens, because that's a very different Mulley.
Speaker 1: Twenty tops and they're all born.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it's very Newcastle. I will say my one recollection of Newcastle Mully and this will make me sad to say it, but I drove up during Newcastle's time of crisis when the Pasha Bulker was moored on the banks of the ocean.
Speaker 5: Oh, the Pasha Bolker. You know what, I didn't even see it the whole time it was there. It was like chaos.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the Pasha Bulker is?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Why don't you explain, Mulley. I mean, you're a local, I'm not going to I'm not going to tell your story.
Speaker 1: The Pasha Bolker is. Like, we had these crazy storms and one of the big what.
Speaker 2: Do you call a tanker, like a shipping the tankers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the big ships that are you know, kind of out in the sea, got pushed up and it was beat.
Speaker 2: That red one that's the big red wine.
Speaker 4: And me with my mom, my dad and my two sisters drove from Sydney to Newcastle to get photos out in the front of the Pasha Bolkcer. Then we went to Hanny Penny and had a great night. I loved my Penny.
Speaker 5: But but you know, the Pasha Bulker does live on in Newcastle because we do actually have a local queen here now who actually named herself after the Pasha Vulca.
Speaker 2: That is really good. I love New Newcastle.
Speaker 4: For those listening who like can't picture Newcastle, it's kind of like Sydney's little baby cousin that you think you're kind of close.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I think it is the second largest city in New Southwayia.
Speaker 1: They're doing something, you know, putting something on the mat.
Speaker 2: What's the gay scene like in Newcastle? Because I remember years ago I went to I think it was called the g All the G Yeah there anymore?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was the G because my friends told me that that was the gay bar, but it still felt very straight, well for a gamer.
Speaker 5: The then you're still there, but it's a gay gay bar anymore. It's kind of like a Uni bar now, but I am pleased to say that recently I have started doing shows there, so it's the first queen in Newcastle to bring drag back to that venue. But other than that, we don't have any any gay venues or spaces here in Newcastle, so it's very hard to do drag. Like we have a huge gay scene here, but we don't know where to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what are they're called now? If it's not the g what is it called?
Speaker 1: The Newcastle Hotel or the Niwi as the kids called.
Speaker 4: And nothing if not creative up in Newcastle really took it out.
Speaker 5: But you know, we do have our events that pop up every now and then, like Newcastle Pride and Queer and now they like to put on their kind of monthly queer events and they always go off.
Speaker 1: So it's yea, it's.
Speaker 4: Always which we've got to go up to Newcastle and see Molly and Pasha Bulker. That'd be a good shirt.
Speaker 1: We're a party town.
Speaker 4: Come we'll come up, We'll come on. That's actually what the gay men say when they kissed me.
Speaker 5: You know, Ree was like, oh it wasn't your advert wasn't very Newcastle was like, well, so I can tell you have not been to Newcastle in a while, because that's.
Speaker 1: What it is. It's a party town. It's changed on the internet. Was like, no, Molly, you got it spot on.
Speaker 4: Well that's I guess that's the highest form of compliment when the locals know, you know, because they know it like anybody because Rest was born there, right.
Speaker 3: But I don't assume that he's been back recently.
Speaker 5: No, I'm like, you probably haven't been in a wild Babs, come come party, We'll have a dream.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the show you in this episode the makeup of a challenge which is famous in drag Race sort of history. It's an iconic end of the season challenge. Do you think you shot yourself in the foot by choosing that the drag Race fan? Because I would have picked him too, truly, because you've got to go first.
Speaker 3: But also it's like, oh, they're given a lot, a lot of energy. Is it too much? Do you think that's what got yet?
Speaker 1: Honestly, like maybe, like we had a fun time, we were kicking.
Speaker 5: I was just like, you know, this is the obvious queen in the room, so it might be like the advantage to pick Keeland, but then I was just like, oh, maybe it was just you know, too many queens and the kit or whatever that saying is, because he, you know, had his opinions and he wanted to look a certain way, and I was like, well, you know what.
Speaker 4: Did he try to direct you with your makeup skills and whatnot that we didn't so.
Speaker 1: He wasn't vibing the outfits.
Speaker 5: He wanted like a luscious like human hair wig and just to feel like the full like Puss warmana fantasy. And I was like, no, well that's not what I brought hard. I'm sorry, this is what I thot. I've also run out of outfits or at the end of the season, we're going on this camp route and you're just gonna have to do as you're told.
Speaker 1: And enjoy it.
Speaker 2: I did sense there might have been something like that going on, because what was it that he said to you? He said, oh, there was a bit of negativity or something like.
Speaker 4: He threw you under the bus instead of report at the end he did.
Speaker 1: I was like, maybe maybe there's the reason I went home. I was just like, you know, like that we're on the main stage, play cool, like I reckon.
Speaker 3: He pulled his own socks down to sabotage.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a little bit of They really really banged on about those bloody socks, didn't They like, I really don't think that was the end of the world.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they're like, oh, Molly should have put his socks on. I'm like, gal, like, have you not put socks on before?
Speaker 2: He's a fucking adult.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 5: So I was like, yeah, the socks of them I'm doing because I should have should have put the socks on them.
Speaker 4: Well, what about the mirror message at the end, because you said, well, you did say spanky for the wind.
Speaker 3: Is that is that you're worning spanky?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't say that. That was fury and.
Speaker 3: Uh, we haven't seen we haven't seen Molly's yet. Oh my god, can you use a little little sneak? What's what's the vibe of your mirrorm?
Speaker 1: I just kind of kept it short and sweet.
Speaker 5: I just said she didn't just pop in, she popped off like love Molly, blah blah blah. Something something I did want to, like, you know, pick and choose who I wanted to take the crowd. I wanted like the girls to come in and just you know, not have any of that because they all deserve it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I didn't want to point someone out and be like you had a win.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did feel like it was a bit of a tight knit bunch, the final four, because they were genuinely quite sad to see you go. Have you all kept in touch ever since? Is there a drag queen group chat going on?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, there's the group chat?
Speaker 5: Yeah no, yet we were really tired as the top four, Like as you see along the season, there's like drama and Nelly every episode. Yeah, and then you get to our episode and there's no drama because we just all loved each other and yeah yeah seeing them cry and as I'm leaving the stage, I was like, oh I teared up watching it.
Speaker 3: Who's the least active in the group chat?
Speaker 1: Would you say the least active? Mini Cooper?
Speaker 3: Well, she can't text. She's still got a landline, that's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Mitchell, I'm joking Mini on the show. I actually think it's a good time to ask Molly the question we asked all our guests, Mitch, because we've asked all the queens on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, speaking of the other queens, So We've got a list that we get all of our guests to contribute to. It's our list of things better than drugs and dick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh well I love that least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll send it to you. You love to have a little read of it. It's basically just a little thing that you appreciate, because we want our younger listeners not to get too obsessed with boys and partying, so we just a little thing in life you appreciate. Faux First said that the twelve dollars sushi maker from Kmar is better than drugs than dick or behave said freshly cut toenails. Minnie said, watching Real Housewives at Salt Lake City, you guys said a hangover day in bed. I don't know. I don't know if that's a little thing in line that kind of skewing a bit drug but whatever. And what did Beverly say? She said, having all your hangover essentials?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was me for a hangover.
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, you barocca, your pananto ale, your water already for the next day.
Speaker 2: But some other things already on the list.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, A good ear cleaning with a Q tip like oh that goes off.
Speaker 1: Oh my God, yeah, I love a good que tip.
Speaker 5: I will admit, like I read somewhere that like cleaning is with Q tip is like it gives you an eighth of an orgasm.
Speaker 2: You're kidding, I actually that checks out. I would believe that.
Speaker 1: But when my ears are clean, I know me too.
Speaker 4: Scratchy Q I've used like the back of a pen as well sometimes to get the same effects.
Speaker 5: Not over there, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: The big nails go.
Speaker 3: What do you have to add to the list? Mully? Anything?
Speaker 1: Something?
Speaker 2: But I think like a crunchy leaf, or like a beautiful apple fresh bed lead or something like that.
Speaker 5: Well, well, talking food, like I'm a bitch that loves to eat and like my ultimate meal, like I don't want to be wine and nine. Like give me a burger shaking fries any day. That is better than to add dicking drugs.
Speaker 2: Oh, like a burger burger shaking fries anywhere in particular, or like just the diner situation any penny.
Speaker 5: Oh you know, I've found the best burgers in Newcastle. And I was gonna say, there's this place in your cost called burger Urge.
Speaker 1: They're my favorite burger Urge.
Speaker 4: What a name I that I have a couple of burger just a couple of times a day to be perfectly now, Molly quickly, was the experience what you thought it would because I'm sure you've watched every season like all the Queens do, and was it all was cracked up to be meeting Ru and seeing Michelle and walking on the main stage.
Speaker 5: Like yes and no, Like, you know, I've had friends to kind of you know, do it, you know here and in Canada, so kind of have you know, had a little bit of an idea, you know, well they kind of told me, even you know, without them, you know, going against their NDAs and whatever, so I kind of kind of knew. But it was surreal doing it, like like it didn't feel real, like, you know, we come back and well we had to keep it a secret for like months and months and months months, and it still didn't feel real. Like the day it felt real was when the first episode comeing out, even like you know, we had the cast announcement, you know, the Queens were revealed, and it still didn't.
Speaker 1: Kind of feel real. It was like a fever dream.
Speaker 5: But finally getting to watch it back, it was just like oh my god, like yeah, Mary Girl and this happened, like.
Speaker 1: You know, it's gonna be on the It's gonna be on the stand forever.
Speaker 2: Love it. I also have to say that I adored that fucking fairy bread shirt you were wearing in every confessional.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that was very camp.
Speaker 5: A lot of a lot of the international viewers have no idea what is on my shirt?
Speaker 2: Oh people wouldn't.
Speaker 5: They're like Dourrido's or something, or pizza. A lot of the international viewers now know what fair bread is and they're like, ill, why.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't knock at you try it?
Speaker 1: Honestly, right, that's what I played.
Speaker 2: Well, they make you wear the same shirt for every confessional, and it might have been a different day. So did you ever notice that maybe they took something that you said on a different day and put it in a different episode out of context.
Speaker 5: I don't think they did, Like you know, they love the continuity, but I don't think they chopped and changed. So but yeah, we we're the same outfit and we didn't wash them.
Speaker 1: They got pretty stinky.
Speaker 3: Moly. How does it work with confessionals?
Speaker 4: Because I always wonder when you're lip syncing and you're saying like this is it I'm not going to go home.
Speaker 3: Do you already know if you go home?
Speaker 4: Have you shot that after the lip sinc Or do you shoot that before in casion on the bottom.
Speaker 1: Like like film it like you know, we'll do the confessionals every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it was a lot just I was like, yeah, we're always doing it, so yeah right yeah, at some point of the day where we're in there, we're in the boots doing the confessionals.
Speaker 4: So god, you drive yourself crazy. You're talking about the day NonStop, like you did you just get to the hotel, hotel room and clock off?
Speaker 1: Oh solutely. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was just as soon as the day was done. In the long long film and days, you know anything in television, you know, so it's as long film and day. So soonce we got to the hotel, we would you know, eat dinner, you let eat it in the lobby and then we would just crash out.
Speaker 2: What was it like doing that last lip sync with Hannah Because you guys, you guys knew each other before the show, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Anna was the only person that I knew.
Speaker 5: When you know, walked in, I was like, oh, I got Hannah's here, and like I kind of expected her to be there, so it was good to see someone there that I did know, and we got really got closer as well, because we were kind of more just like you know, acquaintances, you know, see each other out every now and then Internet friends having a chalk talk.
Speaker 1: So it was it was good to see her.
Speaker 5: And then happened to lip sing against her, like the two little girls Hobbit sisters going against each other. It was yeah, the ultimate clown and the priest SmackDown showdown, and you've got a similar.
Speaker 3: Energy, didn't you think? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so it was a bit like, oh, I hate seeing them having to compete against each other in this bottom too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it was just yeah, how did I go up?
Speaker 5: But gavest her like, oh no, I was like, she's got three challenge winds under a belt, like she's the front runner, Like it's not probably gonna look good for me. But she did say she was like, you know, a park and bark queen, and I was just like, oh, well, I do a bit more than just park and bark.
Speaker 1: But then she actually turned it, and I think it was a pretty close lipscence.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought it was too. It wasn't obvious to me he was going to win, to be honest, and also the fact you had to do a Michelle Visarde soong in front of her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think we're both hope and we're like, you know what, just keep us both make it a top on.
Speaker 1: Nellie every other season.
Speaker 4: Just well, listen, Molly, if you're in Newcastle, everyone go and see her. Because we're at the Newcastle Hotel. Is that the name? He's at the best place to see.
Speaker 5: Sign at the Newcastle Hotel. Next week actually September twenty second, and it's now the day that we're mourning the Queen, So no en, come and have a dream with me.
Speaker 1: JoJo's the Hoe will also be there.
Speaker 4: Well, Liz, he love nothing more than a couple of drag queens dancing on a day of memorial.
Speaker 1: A couple of queens more than the Queen.
Speaker 2: Do you get down to Sydney much?
Speaker 1: Oh? All the time? I mean every week pretty much?
Speaker 2: So gorgeous? Okay, well I'll probably see you out and about. In that case, see what the clubs on Oxford Street.
Speaker 5: I'll be out with doing a show with Tamara and Spanky on Thursday week.
Speaker 2: Oh gorgeous, all right, Molly.
Speaker 4: So good to have you on the show and so great to see what our TV's I'm so glad we got to see who you are and your drag style because it was so much.
Speaker 1: Fun, so much Oh, thank you for having me. This has been great.
Speaker 3: Who wrote who wrote? Tata? All Right? Well that's us. Only one more episode of Drag Race.
Speaker 2: Debrief, Mitchell flew by, didn't it?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 4: That's seven It's crazy how fast seven weeks can go. That's two months by the end of next week.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Weeks.
Speaker 2: It really feels like we've done two of these.
Speaker 3: It feels like I know.
Speaker 4: It also feels like the premiere party that we went to at the State Theater was the last.
Speaker 2: Week I know, and we've already been eight episodes. Well, it will be next week. The final episode is coming out on stand on Saturday, so we'll know next week who the winner is and who the two runners up are.
Speaker 3: We'll have them on the show. Guys, don't worry if you've got questions.
Speaker 4: Actually, if you want to ask the runners up of the winter a question, hit us up a couple of mitches in the DMS and we'll ask them. Otherwise, we're back next week for the final drag race debrief and a main episode in the main feed Monday Morning, Business.
Speaker 2: As usual, Monday's the day, Darling. We'll catch you next week. Guys. Bye.
Speaker 1: Is It just Me? A podcast by a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast aff