Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 1: App Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Before the show, I was threading through all the emails have come in overnight and during the day yesterday, I saw a lovely one from a doctor who read my book, and he sent me a lovely email about my book and my story of moving here and all that. And then I noticed at the end I was doing this lovely email and everything you had to say about it. He signed off with a way too casual b W.
Speaker 5: I never I'm not familiar with b W.
Speaker 1: I'm not either. I thought, any thing is it English reference? Be?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you couldn't. You couldn't do the extra few letters, b W. You talk to me about connection and then bobs me up with the camera. I opened my eye into a book, share my heart with you, and you we get is a BW?
Speaker 1: I bw'ed him and eye those apples? The b W Is that a thing? Now?
Speaker 2: B you can't even say he's a doctor as well. We might have to go if he's got time to write a big email then finish it off. Well only it takes what another.
Speaker 1: Second b W doesn't need shortening.
Speaker 2: It's up there with mate doodle bro yes, way too casual.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Two ways you can get your stories on the show between now and A and the number is thirteen fifty five twenty two. I was gifted an Oasis smug Monday. It came all the way from London and I didn't even have a twenty four hours. I broke it yesterday. I will say this, this was a flimsy mug. I brought in all that was left of it today, which was the handle, and I placed it down here after talking about it on the show, and literally placed it onto an A four pad and it crumpled again like a daddy long legs.
Speaker 5: It's almost like a prop mug.
Speaker 2: Well that's why I think I don't think this is an official merch one. Josh, Yeah, all the way back to business class and you get me a mug, probably from a dodgy cells guy down an alleyway somewhere in a backstreet of London. Oh no, I've got it's half a hand all right now? My waitis mug anyway? The phone in you only had it for a couple of hours. I was so happy to get this waissmuk. I barely had it twenty three hours.
Speaker 3: You messaged the group chat yesterday, so sad about it?
Speaker 1: Still sad.
Speaker 2: I opened the bin this morning and organ see was the o of Oasis. The rest of it shattered into a thousand pieces, as if it was some ancient min vas.
Speaker 1: Slim.
Speaker 2: This moug was never going to last more than one or two SIPs. I don't think he can even contained hot drink. But anyway, you only had it a few hours.
Speaker 1: I'd love to speak to it.
Speaker 2: But even when they've I'm sure we've had stories before where people that picked up brand new cars and driven it like not even a k and they've crashed it.
Speaker 5: Oh that's my worst.
Speaker 2: That's almost as bad as my Oasis mark. It's damn close close by, no cigar. You only had it a few hours before I got damaged or broken. Thirteen fifty five, twenty two, and then you your story is about your story about that hideous ignife.
Speaker 5: Beautiful, beautiful item of clothing of.
Speaker 1: The four quadrant special.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've got a jacket with four quadrants beautiful colors purple, yellow.
Speaker 1: Blue, and a real cool brand in it. Catman Do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You don't see many.
Speaker 2: Thirty year olds gallivanting around town, you know, enjoying a night out in a Catman Do.
Speaker 1: Normally the reserve is someone like me hiking.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, Mountain Buller technically outdoors with bringing in.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, hiking hear inside. Oh, bring my big hiking book down for lunch tomorrow with us. Then we'll go for a team.
Speaker 1: She was like, parachute fabric, wasn't it Actually that's what it is, Yes, the one that's cool.
Speaker 2: I know it's that one patch it is. You're right, No, it's very rah rah hey Breakfast Club nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 5: It actually doesn't want to zip up back.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Actually nineteen eighty two called the word you can have it.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm bringing it back no matter if.
Speaker 1: You're wearing in tomorrow. Is it coming out to lunch tomorrow? Yes, I'm throwing all my food at you in.
Speaker 3: It, and I'm going to bring it in and you guys will go.
Speaker 5: It was actually so wrong, jacket. You can take a photo.
Speaker 2: You know what team I think we're going to. It's going to accidentally get thrown out tomorrow during the show.
Speaker 3: Anyway, my boyfriend accidentally threw it out that.
Speaker 2: And then was us thinking that gay people had more style. I'm going to do my own show straight Eye, Straight Eye for the gay Bruce Lee T shirt.
Speaker 1: Now I've got T shirt.
Speaker 2: I've got a nicer country road T shirt for you guys as well to wear.
Speaker 3: Why don't you bring in something for me that you think I would look good in. It's something from your wardrobe, wear similar height, and I'd like to try it on.
Speaker 2: Okay, I would accessorize you tomorrow. I accept the challenge. Get ready to meet a nice new shirt with your name on it.
Speaker 5: I look forward.
Speaker 1: Oh, I make those eyes pop.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it got accidentally thrown out and you only had it a couple of hours thirteen fifty five twenty two. I think we'd lost our weight there. I'd actually forgot what we were asking the audience. Now I was getting excited about what shirt will a bit for Rio?
Speaker 4: Christian O'Connell shot gone podcast.
Speaker 2: You only had a couple of hours, Christian, I can top twenty three hours to your Oasis smile before you broke it lasted thirty minutes. I bought a card GPS Jimmelos back in the day. Yeah, yeah, that big old thing and honest Tom Toms, yeah from office works, got home unpacked and and accidentally dropped it on the floor. The screen cracked. Oh oh, Rich Alex, you got a story about it. Only lasted a couple of hours.
Speaker 6: In my family, no one let anything near me because I'd always break it. Excuse me, so I'd like, I've broke a saw once. Mom just brought a brand new all. I snapped it in half. I don't know how.
Speaker 1: It's like a strong man act.
Speaker 6: I know, just everywhere. I broke the neighbor's motorbike, his motorbike stand. I somehow sat on it and snapped off.
Speaker 1: That didn't go down well.
Speaker 6: But also Dad, he got this pump fixed this this water pump kind of crucial for a house on a farm. And he got it fixed up, and I went to town to pick it up, and I'm driving home.
Speaker 1: I was sort of in that age where you sort of get a bit larry, you start to drive a bit fast.
Speaker 6: You know, went round a corner, fishied a bit, pump flies off the back of the truck.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, pump smashes into about ten piece.
Speaker 2: No, you're kidding, did you think about this driving away just hanging out.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, no, what do I do in this situation?
Speaker 6: And it's just like he's just arrived at the scene and he's just looking around, going what have you done.
Speaker 1: Getting that thing fixed?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, all right, let's get a Gary now. Good morning, Gary, Welcome to the showmate.
Speaker 7: Thank your morning. When I finished my apprenticeship as a chef many years ago, my bosses a reward, gave me a bottle of Graine Hermitage and proudest punch took it home to my two flatmates, twisting and tails and said, oh you told them what it was for, and so on another happiest pigs in mud. And I put it under my bed and came back. Came back the next night after working, and I found the two of them sitting at the kitchen table drinking it out of a coffee cup.
Speaker 2: Panholes. Crange is about sort of eight nine hundred dollars a box. It was like the premiere wine in Australia. It's wide you record is one of the best wines in the world.
Speaker 7: Yeah, absolutely, this is a This is a nine seventy. It's probably worth about sixteen hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Now more than that. They go for thousands.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, oh a coffee cup. Drinking it out of a coffee cup.
Speaker 2: You must have been exco twisting towns and in prepped.
Speaker 5: Did you finish it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: What are you doing that night? Did you cut your losses and drink it?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 7: I all I got to do was sniff the coffee cups that and worse.
Speaker 4: After abusing them left, right and center, twisting tails, Twisty in tails, Yes, Twisty got up to make the magnanimous gesture of washing it out and handing me the empty bottle, and.
Speaker 7: As he washed it, it slipped out of his hand and smashed on the poor bottle.
Speaker 2: This went from being the nicest story about a very generous gift to you to then an act of almost trees and from your friends.
Speaker 1: That is terrible.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't speak to them for ten years.
Speaker 1: I get it though, this incredible story. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: As I'm listening, I'm thinking, you know, the Penfold Grange is about eight hundred, nine hundred dollars. I'm thinking, if only they were away, we had one thousand dollars every week to give away on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it to you now.
Speaker 2: Gary, we're going to write this long. There's a fellow wine love. I've never had the grange, but you've got to get a bottle. I think it's about seven hundred and fifty eight hundred dollars. You've just won a thousand dollars for a call of the week.
Speaker 7: Oh God, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Go and go and get that bottle of wine. Okay, treat yourself to the grange you never had back then.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, I'll send you a photo with me with it in my hand.
Speaker 1: I want to see in a coffee cup, though.
Speaker 5: Twistian tails.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to get an oasis on.
Speaker 1: Gary.
Speaker 2: Really really funny stories are painful one, but they're often the best ones we have. Gary, thank you very much for calling up and showing that enjoy spending your one thousand dollars whatever you end up spending on.
Speaker 1: But thanks for calling.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much.
Speaker 2: Cheers, guys, pleasure Gary Gars our call of the week this week. Well, thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick, let's talk trade ins.
Speaker 1: Can we I mean wait a week.
Speaker 2: To talk tradings with Mercedes Ben's Berrick. I put some time on my diary an hour ago, but they were too busy. They were better any trading offer by up to ten thousand dollars guaranteed.
Speaker 1: What I know, what what? What? What?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's true.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast