Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Inspect a gadget in there.
Speaker 3: I don't lead my daytime up anymore.
Speaker 2: Still hasn't earned their lines, So Christian O'Connell show, Gold one.
Speaker 1: O four Pine.
Speaker 2: A lot of emails, Yester, they're about the great Rex Harrison. I'm very happy with that.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning, six minutes past six Wednesday morning. It's to Christian O'Connell's show on Goal. Good morning, Patsy Money, Good morning Jackie Boy.
Speaker 3: Morning guys.
Speaker 2: Now listen.
Speaker 4: Yesterday I went to see an eye clinic yesterday. Patsy, you won't be aware of this, but most of the day yesterday I had to win eye patch.
Speaker 5: Oh no, me arties like a pirate.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did look like a pirate.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Now do you remember in December I went to New Zoom with my daughter he finished year twelve. We want our dad daughter trips to New Zeene and on the third day, in the beautiful Queenstown, we were out for a walk and had those you know, those metallic sort of public telescopes. Yes, you know, once you can have a look across the shoreline and beautiful mountains. But obviously when I was the keywis don't want us tours looking through those telescopes.
Speaker 2: I put my eye.
Speaker 4: I had a good old look around those beautiful shorelines and the mountains of arrow Town. And then a couple of days later I started to realize I had an eye infection.
Speaker 2: I picked up.
Speaker 4: This is December last year. It hasn't gone away, and we're in what September now. So three months ago I went to see this I specialist and she said, oh, look, hot compresses every day, and you can also go on these antibiotics.
Speaker 2: For a year.
Speaker 3: And I went, I never heard of a year.
Speaker 4: Wait, and then she goes, oh, don't google the side effects over as soon as you get out there, I'm googling a side effects and I'm like, oh my god, I don't want any of this, even my teenage doorses go, wait.
Speaker 2: You can't go on that stuff.
Speaker 4: They give that to teenagers with Acnei's giving me I actn is at me in my eye my age. So I go back, going I've done the compresses, it's still there. That's still a problem. She goes, do you know what, I'm going to have to do a procedure on it. I can cut it.
Speaker 3: And lance it are you serious?
Speaker 2: No, that's just about so. I just went in for a check up.
Speaker 4: She goes, is there is there anyone outside in reception who can take you home?
Speaker 2: And I like, so if I say no? She went yeah, yeah, And I'm thinking, how bad is it going to be when I leave here?
Speaker 4: I need physical assistance? Went, I'll deal with that in an hour's time. Ten minutes later, I'm upside down in some sort of dentist chair out the back of the eye clinic and she puts one of two needles into my eyes.
Speaker 5: Stop, don't your ibal.
Speaker 2: No, into the lower eyelid.
Speaker 4: Patsy wright to sort of a guess numby number, and then she goes, hell, listen, now I need to clamp the lower eyelid open. You know when you like, just don't tell me, just do what you need to do. I don't need the tental I went, okay, I'm gripping those armorus, going, I only came in.
Speaker 3: Some advice.
Speaker 4: Do I need to wring a friend and ask him or do leave a will or anything like that? No one knows I'm having this.
Speaker 3: Do you need a lawyer presence?
Speaker 4: And I had to sign these forms and I disclaimers. So anyway, then she goes, Okay, I just gonna put this clamp now to keep the lower lid open. I'm like, yeah, fine, I'm still upside down in the dentist chair. Then she she gets what I can only describe as a blunt knitting needle and comes towards my clamps I'm like, and starts mixing on it, like it to turn to on my I don't even know what she's doing, but she's going back and forth and going, oh, crushy, there's quite a lot of stuff here.
Speaker 2: This is God.
Speaker 4: This is gonna scar up from it, and you'll need to massage it to break it up. Or you can come back and see me and I can do that for you. So she inside the skin already at the Yeah, she's in the lower lower lid, and now I can't feel any think but this is horrible sensation. And the one thinking when this anesthetic is off, this is really gonna hurt. Every one of those mixes is like, I don't know a day's worth of recovery. Then I'm aware of my eye sort of of gauze is coming in and blood like lots of you know, like a paper cut gives it a lot of blood. But I guess that lower eyelid has got so much blood there, so there's a lot going on. Then she was like then she was like that's all done. Now it's an eye patch on. And then the old chair gets dumped up and she's like, you know, see how you get on? You go, here's a prescription, Go and get some ofilar. There's some at you want to I cream because I've never have either of you two ever only had one working eye. I know these poor people that have eye problems.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 4: I'm then walking out in the streets right like this.
Speaker 2: With this eye patch go.
Speaker 4: It turns out it's really hard to see with only one eye. And then I'm in an area I didn't really know in Hawthorne, and it's right on Glenn Frey Road, which is like fil I'm like some old man in all of those TV adverts about look out for the elderly. Then I'm like trying to get to the traffic lights to walk two k So this came his warehouse, and I was terrified going across even the traffic lights.
Speaker 2: It was like I was like stumping. It was a nightmare.
Speaker 4: And then I go home and you can't about any somebody from teenagers. My daughter gets them from school. She's like, oh my god, what's happened to you? And that's where the simple he ended. Five minutes ages, she comes to going, ow, my dog has just thrown up on my carpet.
Speaker 2: Can you come and clear it?
Speaker 4: I went, even if I had two working eyes, which are done right now, this is not my problem. This is your problem. So anyway, today the eye patches off, but she did warm it. It might start weeping during the day, so just let me know.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: On the TV.
Speaker 4: In the studio, I just saw Craig mccraye, Colinwood, coach Kevin I for tomorronight's big game. We're all going as these fans tomorrow night. The weather is supposed to be terrible, right, really awful weather tomorrow evening. My wife has obviously found this out. We're on level two. Lucky to be there.
Speaker 2: Okay. My wife goes to me.
Speaker 4: You say, she goes some when when you find out whether we're quite far forward?
Speaker 2: I went, what is this matter? Level two? You've got a great view up there.
Speaker 4: She goes, Well, if it's raining and cold and stuff like that, and we're right at the front of level two. We're going to be exposed. Went, well, yeah, that's just how it is. She goes, Is there anyway you could speak to some at the club today?
Speaker 3: I went, what to get one of those special boxes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He next, cool, can you move your parents from the back bit there? Because my wife doesn't want to get her hair wet tomorrow at the D's game.
Speaker 3: Next thing we know, she's sat next to Simon good Wind in the pots.
Speaker 4: Boss oh, advising him heavily, very very heavily, very hands on coaching. All right, Greg's on the line. We're talking about my eye this morning. Good morning Greg.
Speaker 8: Hey, young Christian here, young guys.
Speaker 4: Great, So Greg, you have to go and have something done to your eyes every three months, you poor man.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, I've got diabetes and what it is is the blood pressure builds up in the back of your eyes. So every three months I get and have two needles in each eye, one to dead in the eye before they stick the actual needle in, and then the other one goes into part of the eye were we can actually see the fluid. Once he's done, and you can see it, it looks like a parasite swimming around in your eye?
Speaker 4: Oh my, sir, you know when you put the fuel pump in and you can leave it sometimes, can't you feel like he got one of those in your eyes chopping up your blood or something.
Speaker 3: So how much juice does he get out of it?
Speaker 2: Are they draining your eye?
Speaker 8: No? No, no, no, it's stopped the pressure fluid builder And if I don't get it, I can go blind permanently.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what a worry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yesterday, before she did the procedure, she did some got some little blowy machine into my eyes to measure the eye pressure.
Speaker 2: I guess that's for glycoma, is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I get that done. They do that before to check the sea whether it is the pressure of the eye, and then if it's too high, that's when I get the injections. So yeah, he deadens the eyes, sticks one into.
Speaker 2: The eye the dead in the eye with a needle. Can they do something before that?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: I get drops to dead and that before they put the drop the needle in.
Speaker 2: God, Greg, you're a brave man.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Oh well I don't do it. I got blind.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well look after this out, Greg, Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: A cool This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: When we go to cinema, cinema's now never been more a comfortable experience, all right. The seats are unbelievable. Someone if you want to pay more, will recline and people bring food to you. The screens are huge, They're massive. The one thing though, that they still haven't now is when you go to the cinema and you sit down, is the arm rest, which one do you think is yours? Is the one on the left, the right, or you don't know. It becomes this battle or sometimes you have these arm elbow wars with the person next to you. Can you believe I was trying to think we can share that divided land. I'll take front, you take back, But then you get people that sprawled across the whole thing, you know, where their like bucket of popcorn, so there's no room. They just like occupy their share what should be shared territory.
Speaker 3: Well, it's no good going at the front because then you're hunched over it and you're perched like a like a bird on the end of the chair. Back is definitely the best. I actually think it's first in best dressed. So if you're first in the chair you get.
Speaker 4: So like on holiday you put your towel down on the banana bunce.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Patsy, what do you think I'm right? Or don't know?
Speaker 5: No, I'm with jack I'm trying to think what I do when I go. We're usually they're early, and I agree first, there gets first dips.
Speaker 3: So will you take both armrest?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh no, those people are the worst. What do you think both for?
Speaker 5: Just to like Jackson stretch absolutely to say there's.
Speaker 2: An elderly lady right who fought in the war and don't stop that nasty man.
Speaker 4: There's monsters, tiny little bird like.
Speaker 3: Gun clost to my body. They should be spreading.
Speaker 2: So what do you do?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 5: We should be sitting up the back in you know usually in like a scooter little bay, wouldn't she?
Speaker 2: Or a hardline like a fundamental This is my territory? Where land?
Speaker 5: Where do you The other thing too with cinemas is where do you like to sit? We're like front, not front and center, but the front right front.
Speaker 2: They're always the only available seats.
Speaker 4: Aren't they that were right in the middle of the front where you're thinking, No way, like a karma cant looking under a car thinking I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to go and see guya practice mode. The average run time? Why is the average runs on a movie? Now?
Speaker 4: Eighty seven hours? Just do nineteen minutes? Should be the law for a movie. Now, chop it down, Nolan, come on three hours? So you near the front, Pantsy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sort of in the middle, as close to the middle as I can get when I book.
Speaker 2: Don't I've been too because I feel trapped in that.
Speaker 3: I worked in the cinema for two years sitting people on that little display where you get we see the whole cinema, and no one ever picked the front.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what I sit there.
Speaker 2: Would you like to be, Jackie boy? No, I like to be at the back, Yeah, right at the book chuck and stuff popcorn at the old people's heads, like Pantsy, get there early. There is when going to see it. There's always old people there early, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Go to a session during the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, there's always an oldly couple. They're too early.
Speaker 4: All right, give us a call. Then, when you go to the cinema, which arm rest do you think is yours? The left, the right or you don't know? You're listening to the question you know Kyle's show podcast, Patsy, How.
Speaker 2: Is it Your already her little business going.
Speaker 5: She has got a little jewelry business I've talked about before. We went to Spotlight at the weekend and she needed new supplies.
Speaker 2: So what she.
Speaker 5: Does she does on staff yet or yeah, she needs to.
Speaker 2: She's got a little sweatshot.
Speaker 5: She does bracelets and rings, earrings, necklaces, even charms for phones, and it's stepped up a gear jack. What she did last night. She's made her very own stock catalog.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I thought.
Speaker 5: She was doing homework. No, she's she's building this business.
Speaker 3: So she's taken photos of her jewelry.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So she's got a little Instamax camera with the little tiny polaroid pictures and she's taken pictures of her wearing it.
Speaker 2: A documentary in years to come.
Speaker 5: And she's pasted it into this book and she's named everything. She's called something say, for example, Harmony bracelet, and she's put a price on it. So I think what's happening is that's going to school and the kids will flick through it and if they want to.
Speaker 4: A physical copy of Like Etsy, this is incredible entrepreneurial skills, so she's she's not putting off a whole lot of them so that you hand them out, you've got to look at the catalog.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, but she's.
Speaker 4: Under happening later on this week on that photo copy that we've got a big photocopy of the only person I was see using it is Petrina Jones for her daughter's homework. And now I know it's probably not homework. It's mail order business using the old company Frankie machine that posting sending out all these customers.
Speaker 5: Charm, I'll have an office set up in there with staff working for me.
Speaker 4: You can you just do a quick live read here, Christian har many bracelets this week.
Speaker 2: The show is monstered by all these bracests are wearabet.
Speaker 5: But she's under underpricing herself, and Chris kind of tried to point out to her, like everything's fifty cents and of.
Speaker 2: Course really didn't cover the costs. And that's what we're trying to do, Chris. She's taking her extra jobs to Pete. She's a lesson in business.
Speaker 3: How much do you reckon near the raw materials cost?
Speaker 5: Oh jee, what did we get at the weekend? We just got string and some bathes and it was about fourteen bucks, but she could probably I reckon she should put like a flask, yeah, two dollars, two dollars, fifty three bucks, but she's put fifty cents, and we're trying to get across to her, you know, profit.
Speaker 2: Maybe she's been doing some face salesaw.
Speaker 4: Back Friday, then coming up this Friday during the weekend the playground.
Speaker 5: All stock must go. But she goes.
Speaker 2: Spoken during the lunch break, she said to.
Speaker 5: Us, but mama won't sell any and I said, yeah, but that's kind of not not the point. And we thought, you know what, we'll just leave it. It's her little if that's what she wants to do.
Speaker 4: They have that stopped to Lulu Lemmon charging well where I could go to somewhere else and get some leggings. But because they've got that brand on, I'll give you another fifty bill dollars, why not?
Speaker 5: So orders will be taken this morning after the show.
Speaker 3: I love this entrepreneur.
Speaker 2: You're skilled.
Speaker 4: Did any of us have that that age? Did you have any sort of schemes? We thought, I'll make money here.
Speaker 3: I tried to make your own trading cards where I drew the looney Tunes in like copying them out of a book, drew them with my own hands.
Speaker 2: But you're a talented artist. They would have looked.
Speaker 3: I was eight years old, so this like I have like a stick for the young orger. And I remember setting up a trestle table out the front of my driveway, which wasn't a high traffic area, and settling no trading cards to pass by.
Speaker 2: Patsy, did you want to do anything like that, young entrepreneur?
Speaker 5: No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: All right, if you.
Speaker 4: Did, if you were a budding young entrepreneur, I Patsy saw to order.
Speaker 1: Give us a call, Chris Jian O'Connell show podcast at school.
Speaker 4: Were you a budding young entrepreneur? If you are, we want to hear all about it. What was your business? Nine four one four one oh four three Christian, I sold cigarettes at high school for fifty cents each.
Speaker 2: Very profitable. Thank you.
Speaker 4: That's from Cyril and Joyce, Christian, Jack and pats My brother and I had a little venture making salad rolls and corn beef and pickle sandwiches for the local golf club every Saturday. We used to get up at five am, had to be the club by nine. It's about two years and when we brought a turntable with some of our profits and we felt like we were millionaires. That's from mum Wendy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The other weekend show we were talking about wad you buy with your first paycheck? Cameron?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're good camera and so take us back to school. What was your young business?
Speaker 6: So may one of our good nights we used to knock on the doors in the local suburb and offer the sweep the drive eys of the houses. But little did they know we'd find dirt on their driveways before we'd knock on the door.
Speaker 2: I mean very good.
Speaker 4: You're creating artificial demand, which is marketing and effect. It's high level scales and imagine a very lucrative business.
Speaker 6: It was pretty successful. Yeah, it did work well for us. I'm not sure what we moved on to the next, but it was definitely one of the most successful ones.
Speaker 3: Smart because then you could sweep, sweep up the turn into a bucket, then throw on the next drive down the street.
Speaker 4: Yes, great, I might do this right now on the way home sometimes when some very pin money.
Speaker 2: Kamen, great idea genius, Thank you very much. You cool. We have a good day the guys. Emma, good morning, Emma.
Speaker 6: Hi, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good Emma.
Speaker 4: Hom we having a good week so far so at school, young entrepreneurs.
Speaker 12: Okay, Well, I was a teacher at a Jewish school and the only sort of things were allowed was through the touch shop, which was coo shots. And I had a student who was very enterprising, and he read to the locker from another student and he bob.
Speaker 1: Bought coke and he sold coke on.
Speaker 12: Too at the other students at the fifty markup.
Speaker 2: I've got a summer locker. I go to.
Speaker 3: You going to spend money to make money?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, I really did very well out of it.
Speaker 12: Eventually management stopped him, but yeah, no, I thought it was a fantastic idea.
Speaker 4: Then he brought the school and bulldos that made our apartments on it. Yeah probably, yes, Emma, thank you very much you coom.
Speaker 2: I have a good day.
Speaker 14: Thank you you too.
Speaker 15: All right, bye bye bye?
Speaker 2: Now all right, all right, yes teacher, she wanted to teach that.
Speaker 4: All right, guys, let's let's get some much more done now we've all had gle that's it, clear throat before coming on there, please Mary, come on him.
Speaker 16: Good morning, are you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going very welcome to the show.
Speaker 16: And yes, my son Christian, throughout his later primary school years and throughout high school, was selling his Schnitzel sandwiches that he would make me make for him every morning.
Speaker 13: And it got to the stage where I think he was doing two Schnitzel sandwiches. And I didn't find out till years later at one Christmas dinner when all of a sudden confessions were coming out and he said, Mom, do you know I used to sell people would wait for what your schnitzel sandwiches?
Speaker 2: THO I love this atol.
Speaker 3: So he was the same, Mom, I'm really hungry, got it? I need to.
Speaker 2: Growing that now. In fourteen five of them, he.
Speaker 13: Was a really fuscinater, so he would only have Vichmite sandwiches, Lebanese cucumbers, and Schnitzel sandwiches. No, I think he just survived on the Lebanese by caleches and sold everything else.
Speaker 2: Smart head, Mary, very very smart. He had great story. Thank you very much for.
Speaker 1: Calling Christian Connell show podcast the.
Speaker 4: One and then we're asking you were you a young entrepreneur at school? Maybe this is your kids now? Do you two ever think like constantly, you're trying to. I'm always part of me is thinking, I'm hoping that I come up with that simple side hust idea that could become the next big.
Speaker 3: Thing, million dollar idea.
Speaker 4: Do you ever think where you're like, oh, that has that been invented? Yet you google it and go, yeah, it's been going for a thousand years. Yeah, the Romans used to do it.
Speaker 2: They had an app for that.
Speaker 3: Apparently everybody in their life has on average one million dollar idea, but most people just don't execute on it.
Speaker 4: I was still looking for it, guys, still looking for it, all right. So were you a young entrepreneur? Julie, Good morning.
Speaker 11: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 6: How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good Julie. Welcome for the show. So are you a young entrepreneur?
Speaker 17: No, my son was.
Speaker 7: He was in high school and he made so much money. I could tell you he should be a millionaire by now. But yeah, he was in about year nine or ten, and he was so little that he did Taekwondos who was quick and fast, and the young older guys used to go to the canteen and the lines.
Speaker 15: Would be really, really long.
Speaker 7: So Jaden would go there and they would pay him five dollars to sneak under the kid's legs or you know, maneuver his way to the front of the line and buy their mittal rolls, and then they'd pay him five.
Speaker 13: Dollars to do it.
Speaker 7: So he used to come home with like fifty dollars a day.
Speaker 13: And then the time he used to make.
Speaker 7: Me go to Costcos and buy the twelve pack of muffins and then he would make me wrap them up and then he'd sell them to the kids for five dollars fifty each.
Speaker 4: What he was busy during that lunch break. Won't we use silky to do the splits?
Speaker 3: I imagine like that scene from Entrapment where down through the last kid's legs.
Speaker 4: They got from the Chinese circus in the Early Ocean's eleven movies.
Speaker 7: He said that city look on his face when he was doing it.
Speaker 1: They loved it, they loved him.
Speaker 15: Was great, thank you very much, you call thank you bye.
Speaker 2: They should do like have they done a kid's version of Shark Tank?
Speaker 3: I thought you were going to say, Ocean, do you know what I'd watch that?
Speaker 4: You know I watched that kids doing high so No, actually no, that's Irmorral Stephan, Good morning.
Speaker 18: Good morning Christian. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm good Stephan, so young entrepreneur.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So when I was nine ten years old, I've noticed a lot of friends of mine had remote control cars. So what I came up with an idea. I had an outboard remote control boat and it took one double A battery, and so I used to I used to test out the strength of each battery and pack them up, and used to go door to door to try and sell these double A batteries, and even at school after school, going a friend's houses, going oh, you know, these batteries are good. They're good for remote control car. You know. I used to, yeah, try to pick of anything to get some you know, lunch money for school the next day. I love this.
Speaker 4: It's the homeborness of the double A battery and then the funny bestually great thinking of that age. We're doing a live demonstration of bringing the double A battery the power of it, in case you have any doubts about the authenticity of these double A batteries.
Speaker 18: Definitely was an idea and and we always have a laugh about it, me and my brother and my cousin. You know, everyone remembers and yeah, it's it's nice to think of good memories when we were young and.
Speaker 2: Be Yeah, lovely stuff, all right, Stephan, thank you very much.
Speaker 18: No worries, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Christian my pleasure.
Speaker 4: And he was doing a live demonstration though of what it's like to reminisce and have nostalgia.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Billy here. Good morning, Billy.
Speaker 9: Morning, guys.
Speaker 2: We're talking about young entrepreneurs at school this morning.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So back in the day, he used to have a path for public transport for school. So my parents owned a video shop and I had access to a laminator. So I used to go to the train station and get the passes.
Speaker 18: I would fill.
Speaker 9: Them in to say you were sixteen. Of course I somehow acquired a school stamp. I'd stamp it, laminate it and sell them for five bucks.
Speaker 2: But I mean you are, there's the queue every day for that, the master forger.
Speaker 9: Yeah, five bucks firebucks for a fake idea.
Speaker 2: It's a good deal.
Speaker 4: It's a good Laminators were like a certain thing, weren't they. It's a higher level of forging. If you had any access to the school laminator.
Speaker 9: That's it. If you could get out of a laminador or anything as legit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: The world your oyster with a laminator.
Speaker 2: And that he's calling it from prison right now, as long a fun calledinator.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Took this morning about where you asking you were you were a young entrepreneur at school. We've got actually someone who is a young entrepreneur right now, Rubens on the line is eleven.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Rubert, Good morning Christians. Now Ruben, tell us about your business you've got at the moment.
Speaker 18: Then at school, Ah, me and my brother run a barbecue called Barbecue Bros.
Speaker 13: At school events and give part of the profits of schools.
Speaker 2: Well, this is a great dear, Barbecue Bros. Is a great business name.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Barbecue Bros. Love this. So is you and your brother what's your brother's name?
Speaker 1: Eli?
Speaker 13: And it used to be Lemonade Bros.
Speaker 2: Used to be Lemonade Bro. And then the covey has telling me the booze brothers.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to buy that tomain now and charge your fortune for it. So is your brother younger.
Speaker 2: Or older than you? She's older right now?
Speaker 4: Does he make the bark of the business decisions or are you the brains behind their operation.
Speaker 2: And he's the.
Speaker 1: Braunze, I'm the brains.
Speaker 4: Gotcha. I thought we were talking to the organ grinder here, not the monkey. And so how much money are you making with this business?
Speaker 11: Around eight hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: What per sausage sizzle?
Speaker 4: Yeah much, incredible, guys, let's get out this weekend seventy some of that business.
Speaker 3: So how much do you then donate back to the school and how much do you get to pocket?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Wait, are you the eighty percent of the twenty percent of the pocket.
Speaker 5: They've got to cast?
Speaker 2: Very very good.
Speaker 4: And then why are you giving twenty percent back to the school? Are you using their property and facilities? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, gotcha? Goodwill, goodwill, practicing good will.
Speaker 3: This is level business planning, give back to the community.
Speaker 4: Love this is and Ruby you eleven? I think they just found a new contest boss.
Speaker 2: Thirteen. Now you're thirteen? Now wonderful?
Speaker 4: And so have you got any other business ideas? What do you think would be the future then for the barbecue brothers, I also.
Speaker 16: Want to start a tea sho business.
Speaker 2: T shirt brows, T shirt brows, T brows? Yeah yeah, and what kind of T shirt it would be?
Speaker 8: Pardon?
Speaker 2: What kind of T shirts? Would you be selling his T shirts with.
Speaker 13: Like designs on it?
Speaker 4: So like, yeah, why am I to start design some T shirts? If I designed some, could you sell them for me? Little Marcum eighty twenty.
Speaker 16: Let's work together.
Speaker 2: So when is the next sausage sizzle that the barbecue brows will be in action?
Speaker 1: Pardon?
Speaker 4: When is your next barbecue? When you next doing your next sum sausage sizzle?
Speaker 13: Are the Christmas concert at my sister's school?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: I see right? And how many sausages? How many slanks do you normally sell?
Speaker 11: Are around five hundred five?
Speaker 2: And it's just you and your brother order mom and dad?
Speaker 4: Holpuh.
Speaker 10: My dad helps with the money.
Speaker 2: Oh I bet he.
Speaker 4: Does offshore account Yeah. You also have a look at those books. You won't see any them.
Speaker 2: It's just depositive Dan Murphy's.
Speaker 4: It's investigating slaps and stops.
Speaker 7: On the CEO though.
Speaker 3: Oh right, you have to fire your own dad conversation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it all comes to that, all dad's and getting fired, trust me, all right, Ruben, lovely to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Good luck, Thank you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we should work together sometime, Thank you, Ruben.
Speaker 1: Carl Brighter, you're listening to the Christian o'cyl's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, we asked you do you love your job? After chat to someone two days ago works for the D's so young kid. He's a recruiting assistant and he was so passionate about what he does, trying to discover the next star, going all around Victoria Country, Victoria Games at the weekend, looking at sixteen, seventeen, eighteen year olds who might be the next big star.
Speaker 2: And I was thinking about people who love their job.
Speaker 4: We all we're very lucky to do what we do, something which we love and gives us meaning. But lots of you love your jobs, so we're asking you again. There were so many calls, and I've got load of emails to get through as well of some amazing jobs that I didn't even know existed.
Speaker 2: But here are some of our favorite ones from yesterday. People who love their jobs.
Speaker 9: I absolutely love my job.
Speaker 14: I'm a tour guide and my husband is the coach captain.
Speaker 9: A lot of these places I haven't been to before.
Speaker 15: Either's quite simply I teach. I've been doing it for a long long time, twenty eight years now. Got students who still call in are actually at UNI now studying teaching, and they basically point at me and say, you're a bit of a reason I'm doing this, sir. So here it's a pretty special thing to do. I am the butler for a billionaire.
Speaker 19: Sometimes you're just sitting back on a private jet on your way to Hawaii, thinking this ain't so bad.
Speaker 2: My favorite starts in one line.
Speaker 4: You're listening to that guy we're just begun by saying I am the butler.
Speaker 2: To a billionaire.
Speaker 4: He spoke like someone who is the butler to a billionaire and it means chat. We're googling frantically after that call billionaires of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: We've narrowed it down to a handful.
Speaker 2: It's to know it's not many. We're trying to work out who it might be.
Speaker 4: All right, So do you love your job? If you do, tell us all about it. Nine four one four one four three. By the way, the teacher that you just heard from there is an amazing guy called Flynn Wilkinson and he's actually got this e book.
Speaker 2: I download it started reading it yesterday.
Speaker 4: It's a lovely book. It's very good. It's just an ebook, so you can get it on your kindle or wherever you get them. From It only cost me a couple of bucks. It's it's called keeping my promise. I promised him might give it a plug. It's actually it's cool keeping my promise because he promised to teach you who made a difference in his life, and after eight we want you to thank a teacher that made a difference in your life, and so we called it Keep my Promise.
Speaker 2: It's a great book. You can get it on Amazon or.
Speaker 4: Wherever you get your e books from Keeping my Promise by our listener Flynn Wilkinson.
Speaker 2: All right, if you love your job, give us.
Speaker 1: A callook Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: Christian, you were talking earlier on the show about young entrepreneurs. My brother was a fairly well known professional sportsman. I used to forward his signature on items and sell them without him knowing as memorabilia.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't you love to know who it is?
Speaker 2: I have already messaged back going not from air, but just for the team. Please who is your brother?
Speaker 6: That is?
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you I want have done the same thing? All right, do you love your job?
Speaker 4: That's what we're talking about this week on the show on nine four one four one oh four three, we want to hear from you. If you love your job, tell us about it and why Tim McGrath does.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 4: I start my own cabinet making business twelve months ago. I've been doing something completely different for eighteen years. Well, it's hard work, long hours. I have absolute freedom to be able to go to things like Father's day, breakfast, school concerts. I'm not doing nine to five anymore. I feel like I'm more present in my children's life and I absolutely love what I do. That's great from Temac Joinery is Tim's business name. Look them up online, Christian. I love my job. This is Leonardis. I think I'll do this until the day I die. I am a medium.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah, perhatsy.
Speaker 4: I'll give you an email after the show. Yes please, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: My name is Chris.
Speaker 4: I love my job with the YMCA at the Knox Skate Park.
Speaker 2: I am a.
Speaker 4: Professional skateboard coach. Didn't even know it existed. I've been with the team there now for five years. I started as a volunteer. Whilst it's in the skate park with my own children. They grew up when I saw firsthand one impact it has on kids. I love my child for two main reasons. Because I know you were asking. I work with a great team from very backgrounds who all bring enthusiasm and passion to what they do and the impact we have on the community. Christian, please come down and see it for himself. I think you'd get something about this. Real camaraderie allows all these kids from different backgrounds, with some of them go a lot going on at home, somewhere to feel safe and part of something. We provide kids of all ages with free skateboarding lessons. Did you know that if you live around the area, Well, I'm at the Knox Skate Park.
Speaker 2: That's incredible. We offer free art.
Speaker 4: Workshops, educational activities. This is amazing. Chris and all the team at NOx Skate Park.
Speaker 2: Thank you for what you do. I love hearing about that. Christian. I have a good job.
Speaker 4: You would even trade your job for this one. I have a good old fashioned hobby shop. I've been to model making since I got my first model free in a pack of Kellogg's Frosty when I was seven. And here I am fifty four years down the track, and still I love this phrase, still grinning daily. How many people can say that about their job. I love that grinning daily.
Speaker 3: In this suburb we just moved into. There's an old fashioned hobby shop.
Speaker 4: And they bring a joy, don't they just seeing all the little trains in there and the kits. I started off at a Toy World store in Forest Hill back in nineteen eighty three, a fly solo. Been doing this six days a week for.
Speaker 2: As long as I am now. Thank you very much, Chris Hell. I love that.
Speaker 3: Oh you should tell us what the hobby story is.
Speaker 4: See, Yeah, you didn't put your business name on there. I'll email you by No how he is I've just seen his email address. I presume it's this.
Speaker 2: Then, Models and Hobbies for You. You can look them up online. Models and Hoobbies for You dot com dot au. Thank you very much, Chris Hell. Claire, you love your job? Hello, Yes, yes, you've got the show. Claire lovely Claire. You'll love your job. What do you do, mate?
Speaker 11: I absolutely love my job. I'm a former nurse. All while still a nurse, but now I work in a role as a health and well being coordinator at a retirement village.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, important work to do there, keeping them all happy.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it is just the most lovely job. And like your previous Paula. I grin every day going to work. I think I am the blessed one.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 11: I get to go in and make try and make everyone's day a little bit better and a little bit brighter.
Speaker 4: I tell you what, it takes, bundles of enthusiasmt it that. My mum was a nurse, and for the last twenty years she was a geriatric nurse, so old people we were near the end. Yeah, tough, tough job to do, and some of them dumped in. Their relatives don't go and see them because they feel ashamed what's going on. So she used to have so much enthusiasm for that. So I break you like a ray of sunshine every day for them. You make them grin every day class Well, I try to.
Speaker 11: I mean where I'm pretty lucky in the facility I work in, its independent living majority of it. The tapest part for me is helping them move on to the next stage, you know, when they do need to go into care because they can't live on their own anymore. But yeah, absolutely, I just try and be there for them if they need things. So I'm pretty good at working out how to fix the phone because quite.
Speaker 4: Often is that ninety the day about this new fangled phone tea support essentially.
Speaker 11: Absolutely it is and I give a pretty good cattle.
Speaker 2: I what you do as well.
Speaker 11: It is like having an extended family of you know, one hundred and twenty five odd people, and I honestly am the lucky one. I have a really fabulous team that I work with. Our manager is amazing and you should come.
Speaker 7: On down and meet us all.
Speaker 11: Claire, where do you work vermontre time and Billy, because we're looking.
Speaker 2: For somewhere Jack and I for Patsy at the moment, and it's not until January. But who actually gets ready for the next stage?
Speaker 5: It sounds quite inviting.
Speaker 4: I have to say to start part time there, Patsy, you know, two days away, give us a break here.
Speaker 2: I'm looking after it because it's quite.
Speaker 5: Someone to cook for me and clean.
Speaker 2: You're always getting confused by your phone as well the casters. Again, I've got a link to pay my tolling.
Speaker 4: I now, Claire, Yes, you are an inspiration. We're going to give you one thousand dollars right away for a caller of the week. I love your heart, I love your soul and what you do as well, and do you know what.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 4: There are so many parents who when they have to put their parents somewhere like that, knowing that there's someone like you looking after them, cheering them up every day.
Speaker 2: That's the best.
Speaker 1: I'm going to do.
Speaker 15: We're going to do, thank you.
Speaker 11: I'm going to donate that straight to the village and put on a function for all the old people.
Speaker 5: Stop it, I am.
Speaker 11: We're gonna we are having an over ninety for lunch today for all of our amazing residents who are over ninety and still living independently. And these things cost a lot of money, so I'm going to put that towards something like that.
Speaker 4: Do you know what, Claire, I tell you what we'll do. Okay, right, here's what we do. This show will give you the thousand dollars right to help with that. This one thousand dollars, though, is for you and you alone. You've got to promise me it's actually for you. I will give you one thousand dollars for the over nineties lunch. You Cane, whatever you want to do with it, that's that. But you you deserve this. You do something for yourself. You want these to be who loves to give has a trouble receiving, so please have the extra one thousand for yourself. You have to promise me right now you will spend it for something for yourself, a treat for.
Speaker 11: You, Oh Christian, thank you very very much. I'm actually taking my daughter to eat England for the first time in November, so that will go towards the exchange.
Speaker 2: Right at the moment. That will probably buy you a macas.
Speaker 3: Get a taxi from the airport.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 11: I can't thank you enough. I'm on the verge of teeth.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you have a lovely tommy daughter.
Speaker 4: So it's actually I know a be a bit colder out there, but Christmas time and that just before Christmas in in London, and how they do up Regent Street, go and Harrod's and all the shops there. You and George will have a great time, So yeah, use the money for that, and we'll give you one thousand dollars for for the people you work with as well. And I hope you have a great over nineties lunch today and we'll swing by next week with Patsy and drop roberday. She bit get too close for a cuddle. Annibal Lexo, do not give around cold. Do not look directly in the eye.
Speaker 2: You're on your oak.
Speaker 4: Enjoy Thank you, gen you enjoyed to chat to you today. I think you've inspired a lot of people. You've made a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Grin yourself to thank you so much.
Speaker 11: He goes over one full day.
Speaker 4: All right, do you love your job? Like Claire beat there nine four one four one four three Cool of the week. Whenever we hear it, we give it to you. Thanks to Mercedes Benz Berrick this month only at Mercedes Benz Berrick. You'll pay at least they will pay, not your pay strange ready business. They will pay at night operation. They will pay at least five thousand dollars more five grand more if you trade in than anywhere else.
Speaker 1: Well, Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: There's something amazing appening right just us this listening, and I hope I'm speaking for everyone who's also listening right now. To hearing these people come on and talk about isn't so much what they do. It's the joy they have at doing.
Speaker 3: It's the passion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the passion. It's what brings us alive.
Speaker 4: When you're on your way to work or and you all have a hun day Wednesdays sometimes and then, but they're still like this little light inside of you that's always there, that is never fully goes out no matter how you feelm what's going on in your other life is is that you still know why you do it and what it gives you as well. And it's reading all the emails that are coming in which I'll get to tomorrow. These are people just been asked, do you love your job? I think it's also it's that they feel part of something that's more than themselves. You listen to Claire talk about why she goes to and those old people there and the joint straight away when we said here, have one thousand dollars right now, and she goes, I'll give it to them, those over nineteen year olds who she's hosted a lunch for today. She's part of something which is more than herself. I think we lack that in today's world. There's all this sort of individualism. I think hearing all the stories yesterday and today, that's what it is, is that actually we want to part of something that's more than ourselves. That's what makes us feel happier in whatever work we do. Neil's on the line. Good morning Neil, you love your job as well?
Speaker 19: Morning, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 2: How I'm good Neil. So what do you do? What do you love so much? Man?
Speaker 19: I teach wilderness first Aid And it's a job where we get into remote environments, first nation environments over in the west and up north and so forth, and we give them the opportunity to learn skills of how to potentially save a life when the ambulance is anywhere up to eight, nine, ten hours away.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 4: And do you teach here in Melbourne Victory as well? Because I know my wife and I would love to know some basic first aide for wilderness first aid.
Speaker 19: Yes we do. We teach everyone from fourteen year olds it's at school who go out on their overnight camps, through to adults learning their basic first aid where we sort of teach the full gamut.
Speaker 2: It's amazing how most of us have got no idea of any basic first aid. But I won't have a clue too. I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Now, you could be anywhere in a barble at a cafe and suddenly someone drops the floor and you want to be able to do something immediately. Now, what's the name of your company?
Speaker 19: Wilderness First Daid Australia.
Speaker 2: Awesome now I love the passion, love what you do. Thank you very much, no worries it all.
Speaker 15: Thanks Christian, Jack and Patty your great job.
Speaker 2: Thank you now. Kerry, Hey Kerry, Yes, hi, hello Kerry and you love your job. What do you do, Kerry?
Speaker 10: I get to take people and their dogs on a bus on adventures around Victoria and Melbourne.
Speaker 2: How cool is that? That's great? Tell me more what does that mean.
Speaker 10: The bus is called Bala, the businesses called Gourmet paw Prints. We've been around for about ten years and we do winery tours, picnics, Nefari's Paws and pubs, ghost tours, couple hunts, high tea, all with your dogs sitting next to you on our lovely bus called Bala and they get the window seats so they can lick the scenery.
Speaker 2: This is great. I love that. So if you're going to, like, you know, wine tasting down the peninsula, the dog comes with you.
Speaker 12: That's right.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 10: We do small boutique group sizes and I started it ten years ago and we won the Gold Award at the Victorian Tourism Awards last year, and I'm prouder of my team, and You're absolutely right. I feel connected, I feel passionate, and I absolutely love the fact that I get to spend the day with wonderful people who love their dog.
Speaker 2: This is amazing, Kerry.
Speaker 4: And well done surviving COVID as well, because that kind of been easy when we were on the lockdowns.
Speaker 10: Yeah, let's not mention that too much.
Speaker 2: Christian sotops have to zoom to zoom events, so we all tried that. We went dark times, you know, I brought it up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I make pour.
Speaker 10: Prince has been around for about ten years and I'm so proud of of everything that's created. And I have a wonderful idea. I've got people that have been on fifty sixty tours.
Speaker 2: I know someone on.
Speaker 4: The show right who loves their little dog, Henry, who I think will be giving you some business.
Speaker 2: It's got my pause, got my pawprint, dot com, dot au. That's the one, gotcha, all right, good luck with it. I think it is a great idea. Love you to talk to you, Kerry, Thank you, Christian, all the best. It's got a Tracy here, Good morning, Tracy.
Speaker 17: Good morning everyone.
Speaker 2: All right, Tracy tell us about what you do and why you love it.
Speaker 15: Mate.
Speaker 17: I go into volunteer. I do this without payment, so it's working without getting a wage. But I go into police stations for children ten to seventeen and for children and adults with an impairment when they get in trouble with the police and they don't have anyone to help them out. I go in and make sure that they understand everything and everything goes according to plan and help them along the way.
Speaker 2: Tracy, what an important thing to do. I mean, how did you get involved in that? I didn't even think that would be needed, but of course it would be.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Well there's a lot of kids out there with our parents and guardians. Well, my husband's in the police force. But a girlfriend of mine, he has now passed away. She started it and she said get me out of my cancer world because I've got terminal cancer, and she got me involved and I love it. I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: Tracy. Did you say you have terminal cancer?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 2: And do you choose to do this?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Gets me out of gets me out of going to having treatment all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got you, poor thing. I'm so sorry to hear that, Tracy, I've had.
Speaker 17: A good life, Christian, I've had a good life.
Speaker 2: So how long have you had your diagnosis?
Speaker 17: I got diagnosed ten years ago with some stage three breast can And yeah, so did you hard?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I can't even imagine how hard? And then and then did you choose to do this because you wanted to use what time you've got to actually make an impact.
Speaker 2: And do something that you know?
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I like doing things for people, and it was something totally different and there's a need out there for it. So I did the training and and here I am. I'm literally when I phoned in, I was coming back from a police station. As I was phoning in, I've just got time, so I'll be having a shower and a cup of coffee and something to eat when I get into it.
Speaker 2: So you've been working already in the early hours of the morning or overnight.
Speaker 17: I got the phone call at twelve got this morning, and that's it.
Speaker 4: You get the phone call and off you go, and off I go. Incredible, what a great thing to do. And I feel bad that we don't even know that. You know, of course, there's people that have fallen between the cracks need real help and support. And there's some like you who will be great that at the end of a phone call just get up with it middle of the night and midnight and off you go and sit with them.
Speaker 17: Yep, yep, yeah they know that, everyone they tell.
Speaker 2: Yeah we do. Tracy a real inspiration talking to you. Thank you very much for sharing his story as well. We'll be thinking of you.
Speaker 4: I imagine there are a lot of people right now, maybe on the way to work on day Wednesday, feeling you know, up in their own head like we all get sometimes, and they hear you and Claire twenty minutes ago, and you make us, you open our hearts back up to the world as well.
Speaker 17: Everyone's got their problems, Christian, so no one's worth offer than the other. And you know it can be cancer. It called the tonsil artists. Everyone has got a problem, so yes, true.
Speaker 4: So many of us are kind of sleepwalking day to day, aren't we. And you remind us that to use the time.
Speaker 6: That we have.
Speaker 17: Tracy, Oh yeah, I learnt the hard way. Don't waste, don't get sick until you're start enjoying your life.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I mean I'm going to write that down in the studio. That's it's a beautiful thing to say, Tracy. Will I will write that down. I will try and honor.
Speaker 3: That's something so telling. I think of the way that you choose to spend your final moments on earth is giving back to people and doing something so selfless.
Speaker 17: Oh thank you. You're gonna have me crying there.
Speaker 2: Oh well, said jackie boy. Tracy. It's been lovely talking to you.
Speaker 17: Okay, you too, guys? Okay, can I just say something because you boys get breast cancer too? Every month check your boobies.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much. I didn't know that.
Speaker 17: Actually, yeah, yeah, you get breast cancer.
Speaker 5: My grandfather had his left breast removed because of breast cancer, and his twin brother did as well. So yeah, you're right. Men do get it as well and need to check.
Speaker 17: Yeah, they do need to check.
Speaker 4: You never stop careing about other people, do you, even when you're on the phone to a radio Stesson the guy, No, please don't say sorry, don't just reach for his booth.
Speaker 2: I hope, I hope that's what you doing. Very quickly.
Speaker 4: Feel I've spoken to about that, Tracy. Tracy, thank you so much for sharing your story with us in Cool this morning. You've given every single one of us, every single one of us a gift this morning with what you had to share and to remind us all of as well. So thank you very much on behalf of everyone listening right now. Bless you Tracy, and take care you.
Speaker 10: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: All the amazing messages coming from the awesome Tracy, who we spoke to about ten minutes on the show. Tim, I think sort of summing up how a lot of us feel. Oh God, Tracy just broke me. Tim, Let her break you in the right way though, back open to the joy and wonder that is right in front of her eyes every single day. But we get caught up in making our lives too small. Yesterday on the show we had a great call from Kirsty and I think there's more stories about when you were left in charge.
Speaker 11: I was sixteen. My parents they went on a care They left me alone on a forty acre farm. We had thirty cows, and I went to.
Speaker 17: School in the morning and I came back and there was police tape all over the front gate.
Speaker 16: All the cows had gotten out onto the Jukiet Plaine.
Speaker 4: Highway, So I mean you can put it all together. There's that age, a farm, the cows, and also people that age. With all that, you don't care about anything.
Speaker 3: It's a problem.
Speaker 4: Your eyes go about six inches if that far. That's your world, isn't it When you're a teenager. The rest of it is just like it blurs. There's nothing else there, so it curves. It's a short curve around you. I remember when I was seventeen, so again that kind of age, and my parents went away for a week and it was just me.
Speaker 2: My sister had moved out by them, so it's just me in charge.
Speaker 4: And of course, if you're seventeen, left in charge, however, your mates around every night, right beers and Friday and CNAT after the pub come round to my I remember I spent the whole day Sunday cleaning the whole place, so it's like the perfect crime scene. There was like deck sort of cleaned that place. You'd have no idea that we'd had a wild week there while they're a way during the summer. Once when I was seventeen, and I remember my parents came back and they're like, oh my god, you've done a great job, Chris, and I remember about four hours later, my mum called me a side.
Speaker 2: Do you know you remember when your hair can stand?
Speaker 3: You know, you can just tell the tone of voice.
Speaker 2: And I'm like chop down menu, trying to replay some of it's hazy. I had other people, some of them.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know, and think nothing got broken, there's no one here, And then she goes, you did a great job. Apart from this, hands me a contraceptive that someone had left one of my friends use their bed.
Speaker 3: Nod, Yeah, sure it wasn't yours, dad.
Speaker 2: So what happened when you were left in charge?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: What happened when you were left in charge?
Speaker 15: Meg?
Speaker 11: Goody?
Speaker 14: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: I'm doing Meg?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Meg? What happened when you were left in charge?
Speaker 19: Ah?
Speaker 14: So I went made a ok at his place to work for a drink. He was the manager, or I went there for lunch. He took off with the car and stared with the phone. Rings answer it, the phone rang? I answered it. All of a sudden, seeing your boss walked in, I didn't realize. I ended up with the job and he lost it and I became the manager of the store.
Speaker 2: What have these lib spills here? But this is crazy.
Speaker 14: It was Europe pastale and I ended up as the manager of the store as a result of this guy taking off and leaving me with all the cars and all the keys.
Speaker 3: Where'd he go?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What like home for lunch or just after the.
Speaker 14: Day he went to put fuel in a car And it wasn't.
Speaker 15: Mean to leave me there or monstrous trump.
Speaker 13: Well he was meant to be.
Speaker 14: Having a lunch break and going on a date with me, And well, yeah, that didn't happen. And I inherited the keys for the castle.
Speaker 2: This is terrifying. And how long did you have the keys of the castle for? Be wind? At the next lunch break you get fired.
Speaker 13: No, I was the manager there.
Speaker 14: For six months till the stort moved.
Speaker 4: Wow, we what a story made. That's because so you when you were left the chance you got promoted.
Speaker 14: Well, I didn't have a job to start with, and then all of a sudden I walked out of there as the manager.
Speaker 4: So the other guy who got the old he vote. Did you ever see him for that date or not? He ghosted you? Oh no, you probably ghosted him.
Speaker 1: Meg Christian Connell's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Incredible scenes this week at a Metallica concert a dog.
Speaker 4: That lived down the road to where the concert was. Metallica is the lyar'st concert I've ever been to. Even days later, my ears was still ringing. Right anyway, a dog just you know, dogs just go for wonder sometimes, don't they. This dog just wandered and kept wandering. Suddenly that a.
Speaker 2: Metallica gig.
Speaker 4: No one throws a dog out because I guess they thought, I don't know, it's a security a snipper dog.
Speaker 6: The dog.
Speaker 4: The dog had a great time at the show, and then they're real knighted with the owner so to down the time whereas they we're looking for your dog songs. By the way, there's a picture on the official Metallica Instagram page of this dog just sat in a seat and it's a big old dog as well. I think it's a Shepherd by the look of it, or hoskey. It's having a great time at that the gig, all right, So we're looking.
Speaker 2: For your dog songs. Dog songs.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they love Britney Spears, that's right, whoofs I did it again?
Speaker 2: Gold dogs also love the Beatles. That's right. I want to hold your dash hund, dash Hound. I want to hold your little dash hand he the third one I got away. I want to hold your dash and I should have done anyway. I'm a retriever. They still love the Beatles.
Speaker 4: It on, shuffle, Let it Beagle, Let it Beagle, Pomeranian, raps of the Queen, and who doesn't love pitbull dogs?
Speaker 13: Do?
Speaker 2: Pitbull? Wizard? That's what they listened to. Wizards, Okay, Jackie boy dog songs.
Speaker 3: I've got a Metallica one actually, Master of Puppies.
Speaker 4: The band at that on the Instagram Poe. Yeah, probably some kid running the feet.
Speaker 3: That's very high level by them. Yes, to be fair, I only wrote it since.
Speaker 4: You stain the bronze, No bone for you, my friend.
Speaker 3: Great song by Beyonce. If I were a boy, Yeah, if I were a good boy.
Speaker 2: We all saw it coming. Silver is going up through the colors the verve.
Speaker 3: They like to play songs to dogs, are they?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well they playing jack the pugs don't work.
Speaker 2: There we go. We found it.
Speaker 3: He's got gold and Me and Slobbery McGee very.
Speaker 2: Good as well, Gold as well. All right. Dog songs textam and O four seventy five three one oh four three.
Speaker 15: This is the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I've said before, we got two dogs, right, there's the proper dog, my dog, which is a German shepherd dog Okay, that we emigrated with the wife and the kids, and also the dog as well, so there's a big part of the family. And then during lockdown, like a lot of people get pets, anything to get the kids happy.
Speaker 2: One of them was this y.
Speaker 4: Happy little you've met him, right, he is a pain in the backside, this dog, Reggie. My wife loves him and my daughter was her dog, right, she absolutely loves But anyone.
Speaker 3: A tiny little thing that can make and hell of a noise fill the Royce just.
Speaker 4: You know, Chris packet or something that's rolling down the street or twig exactly, there's a wolf out there.
Speaker 2: Oh you here all day? Shut Reggie.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I'm sure my I do the work of the dog walking with this thing during the week and started to take they like the odd couple people go oh my god, they both yours ago, and then I have to do the whole spill. That one's fine anyway, But also the other week got this dog lead and a matching harness that says fabulous bitch on it and it's big right, and I obviously have to use it. And I chatted people sometimes I can see their clocker look at the dog and they're like, and I know they're judging me, and I don't want to go because I know them thinking he made a big fuss about that. I think he thinks he's the families bitch or something. And he works in the arts, you know they can.
Speaker 2: Any who where were we dog songs on the time? Was all right? Dog songs? What are the dogs listening to?
Speaker 4: If I could turn bark time gold Johnny well done walk He's like an Egyptian god.
Speaker 2: Hold be good, bad bad thing silbum never Terry us Terrier us apart. That's very good dogging. Sorry her dog skills me.
Speaker 6: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know dog time, mister faus bitch, that's me.
Speaker 4: Yellow Pug Marine Gold Aqua and Barkie Girl Silver November Pomeranian November Pomeranian Gold. These boots are made for walkies Gold sitting on the dog of the bay Silver.
Speaker 2: They're never ending Corgy so never ending story Cory Gold.
Speaker 4: I like big mutts and I cannot lie silver, that's some Joe. All right, who is best? And show who's winning the double bass?
Speaker 2: To buy the sea?
Speaker 3: Congratulate to eaty for walkies like an Egyptian Carl Brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk tomorrow's show today. Let me just do a test. Patsy's still with us here.
Speaker 4: I can already tell just no, no, no, it's just I can already hear that you just finished eating something.
Speaker 2: No, haven't. Mouth's got some food in the back of it.
Speaker 5: I was chewing my nails, which is a disgusting Habit really, isn't it.
Speaker 2: You really do sort of rapidly accelerate from our fate. Don't you get that last bulletin yet?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, your news boots come off, aren't they got my slippers? Cankles come up on the desk.
Speaker 2: The news phone comes off. The job's over.
Speaker 5: You know what I was doing. I was reading a beautiful little article in Radio Today about Phoebe who helps me out in the morning. Phoebe humphreyes not only keep in the box, who you will hear reading at nine am? And it's just such a beautiful article and I'm actually so proud of her. And I was just reading that. I've got tears and eyes. I'm so proud of it.
Speaker 4: She's comes from chewing the nails, so you're eating your nails, going to hate young peopley, I'm never.
Speaker 2: Taking a break off.
Speaker 3: Keep her away from.
Speaker 2: You asked me about doing that interview Phoebe. Okay, but just nice to do that next time.
Speaker 5: There is a quote from me in there, and I mean that's probably why you did it.
Speaker 2: Did you write the article? No, I did not.
Speaker 4: I'll interview Phoebe. Didn't you say anything? I asked the questions my here it is Patrina Jones. He would like to be Patrina.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 2: Oh, my eyes hurting. God, calage you now, savage.
Speaker 3: Anyway, you are starting to get way.
Speaker 2: Warned me about too much pressure, no heavy lifting. I'm starting to weep, like weeping my Donna. All right, tomorrow's show.
Speaker 4: We stumbled into this last week where we ask you for the dullest fact you know, and then we grade them because actually some of the facts that you gave us weren't that does so we have three kind of grades to the facts as you were give them to us.
Speaker 2: Fascinating and then there's kind of medium, mildly interesting. Yeah, mildly interesting, which was the most common one last week.
Speaker 1: Mildly interesting.
Speaker 2: The sweet spot we're trying to see, though, is the dullest fact you know where you're not well.
Speaker 4: It's so dum well you think because some of them. I thought, Oh, I tell her the people about those. It's when we go I'm never gonna turn unto the soul that it will kill a conversation. Jackie boy, you've got to die one to kick us off for tomorrow.
Speaker 3: See if you use this in dinner party conversation. Vinegar which is made from alcohol. All vinegar still contains a certain amount of alcohol, usually below point two percent. But it's such a small amount.
Speaker 2: I can give you that.
Speaker 3: It's such a small amount that our body can't absorb it.
Speaker 2: I can give you that right now. That is what we're looking for tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Email me dullness facts, you know. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast