Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboo Marry people. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self developments. No matter where you are in your journey, We're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life past you by, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, Happy Friday. Today we have a hotline episode for you. We are answering two of the community questions touching on some common themes. First, we are chatting about relationship dynamics when it comes to house deposits. Does it need to be fifty to fifty or can you do other things? We also touch on managing other family members' opinions about this. Next, we talk about how long you should wait for someone to propose and how to avoid comparing yourself to others. Let's get straight into the episode.
Speaker 3: Hey Cooper, welcome back.
Speaker 4: Hello everyone, good to be back.
Speaker 3: We're excited to have you. I've got some fun hotline questions today, so I'll get straight into the first one. My partner and I are planning on buying our first home together, which is really exciting. We both currently live at home and have never lived with anyone before. I currently have more money saved than my partner, as he would have around forty percent for a deposit and I have sixty percent. I was totally fine with this not being fifty to fifty, as I believe what goes around comes around, and I don't feel everything with money needs to be equal to be fair. However, my parents think otherwise. My mum is super against this and feels we need to be fifty to fifty in case something happens and we split up, because then he will get half of everything he didn't put exactly half in. Is this manifesting bad energy. Also, could this be to do with limiting beliefs around money that she holds? Would you guys go fifty to fifty or just put whatever you have saved together? Also, just to note, he is not lazy or anything. He runs his own company and one of the reasons he has less is because he has invested more than I have ever saved into this company and hasn't earned it back yet. I just want to disclose we're not financial advisors. We're very much talking about this from an energetics perspective. But what are your thoughts and feelings? I guess almost in like a manifesting energetics abundance perspective on this situation.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, So let's just start with what your parents are saying. And you're bringing this up to yourself, and you're saying to yourself that it's you don't mind, like just it's okay to be honest, like it it is something. Otherwise if it wasn't, you would.
Speaker 4: Ask the question.
Speaker 2: So true, it's all good, Like it's fine. It's very natural because in a relationship it should be fifty to fifty, but like fifty to fifty to me in a relationship is any number, Like I can come home and I can be a ten and Ash can be the ninety. So it's all about compensation and just being there for one another. And this is very like listen to your intuition, like if this, if your partner is the one and you're feeling really good about this, like go with it. Your parents are just trying to protect you, absolutely. Yeah, so they're not giving you bad advice. They just they're thinking of the worst possible thing, and that's if you split up, you're not going to get your money back. But yeah, if you think about that sort of thing and keep thinking about it, it's going to be a problem because you're going to manifest it.
Speaker 3: So it kind of is manifesting bad energy if you focus on that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: So like you kind of answered your question a bit and you're on the right path and you're doing really good. But like with your parents, it might be a conversation you're going to have them and say, I really appreciate you giving me this advice. I'm going to take it into consideration. But I've got it. I've got this. This is my life and I'm very confident with my partner like we're not going to split up, We're going to work things out. It will come around. Plus it's just money, like I would, yeah, get too focused on money when the bigger picture is you want to be together and be good together and feel the emotions and go through everything. And yeah, and he knows that. He knows he's not putting a lot in, so it's going to fuel him. So there's so much good to this. And it's to put those boundaries up with your parents, because.
Speaker 4: I've had the sact same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not the exact same thing, but they've done it in so many different ways to parentose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I feel like that's also parents, Like even my friends have gone through similar things where your parents do sometimes jump to the worst possible outcome because they want to make sure that you're okay no matter what. And that is like as if you're okay in the worst possible outcome, then you'll find no matter what. And I think it's just yeah, like you said, acknowledging that that's where they're coming from and telling them like, hey, it's all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like imagine if you did it and his businessiness went off, Yeah, and he had a heap of money or something.
Speaker 3: And he does the center of the next house.
Speaker 2: Or well he might do one hundred percent. Yeah, you might be a home like. It's just not a good practice to be fixated on money, as bigger and better things to be focused on. And if there is money problems, listen to the book How to be a Badass of Making Money or a happy pocket full of Money.
Speaker 1: We're just taking a quick break in today's podcast to let you know about our brand new course, Find your Voice, our complete step by step guide on how to start and scale your very own podcasts. If you're one of our biz career or marketing goals, or you're just someone looking to scale your personal brand and you're thinking of starting a podcast, then you will love this course. We give you our personal tips and tricks from our five years of experience in the podcasting industry, and we do not hold back. We take you through all the tech and equipment, but also go through how you can monetize your podcast, plan for episodes, and everything in between. Check out the link in the show notes for more information, and be sure to use the code Rise ten for ten percent off at checkout. Now let's get back into the episode.
Speaker 3: Okay, so our second question, Hey all, wanting to know how to keep a high vibration when feeling disappointed and impatient. My partner and I have been together for almost four years and we are happier and more in love than ever. We talk about marriage and children all the time and both note this is what we want with each other. But I can't help but feel upset at the fact he hasn't yet proposed. I get frustrated and upset seeing everyone else get engaged and disappointed that it has not happened yet for us. I get worried that people look at me and think I mean an unhappy relationship or he must not love me because we are not yet engaged, And to be honest, it's sometimes how I feel. I'm so proud to be with him and want the whole world to know, Yet I feel like because he hasn't proposed to me, it means he isn't proud to show that I'm his for life to everyone he knows. I know we are not engaged because of money and because we want that time in our life to be special and abundant, not forced and on a budget. But I just can't help but feel so impatient for having to wait so long for something I want and deserve, especially when everyone else has it and I don't. I'm twenty five and I'm ready any advice. This song was also from our Facebook group guys, so be sure to hop.
Speaker 4: In there if you're not good.
Speaker 2: Question, I'm kind of feeling that. Yeah, like let's start where like how he is feeling. So this is just a good conversation that needs to happen between one another. Where like I've said, to give him the safe space, get on his level and understand why he is maybe afraid do it. So like when someone is being pushed into something, can forced you know, it's too much, Like, yeah, I don't want to be forced into something. It's going to just feel natural. And so like to start with yourself, like try not to put so much pressure on yourself to be in there from other people, Like stay in your own lane, do what you're what you're doing. And at the time, right now isn't the right time. And yeah, trust the universe that maybe if you did it right now it might not turn out right. So you're on the right path and you're on the right journey right now. And to enjoy now not being married, try and look at it, at it in that era, in that way of.
Speaker 3: And like not having kids, like just make the most of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like be together and not have that burden of doing what stereotypically everyone else is doing. Like be in the moment of what you can both do to together when you're not married.
Speaker 4: I don't know I.
Speaker 3: Would even say it sounds like to me, it sounds like she's had the conversation and they've decided not to get engaged or married yet because they want that time to not be stressful about money or like worried about finances and they know they're not there yet or where they want to be yet. But I'd ask if that's actually how you feel now, because if you've decided with him not to get engaged until you'll feel abundant doing it, but you're upset about not being engaged, is it that maybe being engaged means more to you now, whether you're financially abundant or not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like they're all excuses.
Speaker 2: So you need to just have a good conversation together and ask him why because there's a lot of assumptions and there's a lot of feelings of pressure on yourself and let like have a deep conversation and say these are my feelings towards it, like this is where I'm at. Where are you at? Like whatever it is doesn't matter, Like I'm here for you, like I want to be with you. There's no pressure, like there's to give him that safe space and say like it's all good and there's no pressure. It's like whatever you're feeling, like understand why he hasn't done it, Like there's a reason communication is so powerful and we don't use it because we get so consumed in our head. Oh what about if he says something I don't want to hear. It's better to know because the assumption in your head usually is worse. But if it's his questions worse, like at least you'll know, like have that conversation with him, and then when you know, if he says, oh, like I'm just not quite ready yet. I just want to do a few more things, like it's probably not anything even to do with her, Like it's something else. I think there's something going on in his head and you just need to get there with him. And it would be a struggle and it might be hard to get it out of him. But like keep saying stuff, keep talking to him and give him the support and keep saying why yeah, Like keep saying like why do you feel like that? Oh, that's that's really hard. Yeah, I feel that pressure from everyone else too, and be with him like he's your partner together.
Speaker 3: I think also she needs clarity on what she actually wants from this question. It sounds like she's very clouded focusing on where everyone else is at yea and I focusing. She's focusing so much on like other people's timelines and other people getting engaged and married and having kids and all the things, And it's like you need to almost tune that noise out and go, am I actually happy not being engaged right now? Am I actually happy not being married and not having kids yet? Or is this something that I truly want internally right now? I want kids? And actually get clear on that, because sometimes you can just get so overwhelmed with social media, like just noise from everywhere on where you should be at, that you can confuse that and think that's what you want when it's actually not what you want, And as soon as you sit down and think about what you actually want, it's not that.
Speaker 2: Yes, social media that is not the best thing from it.
Speaker 4: Like I've had a pretty big detox with social media.
Speaker 3: You have, you've done really well.
Speaker 2: I've done months and months. I have come back on it and I follow twenty people now, so there's like not much on it and I look at it a little bit and I just think, oh, it's anyway come out and it's very specific. So if those things that are popping up in your face, don't look at them, and then they won't pop up and be in the moment, Like it's you keep getting popped up, like these things popping up with other people's relationships and that sort of thing. If it's not there, you'll be thinking of your relationship and what you can do together to be more exciting, or how to get deeper and go to another level. Like stay in your lane, don't be in everyone else's lane. That it's none of your business. Yeah, like that's their life.
Speaker 4: You do. You starts with you.
Speaker 3: I love the story.
Speaker 2: It's it's always you. Yes, So I hope that helps. But yeah, like even your age, that there's not a measure of what to do. I've done stuff so young, and people have done stuff later in life, but like they got to travel, they got to do with these things that I never got to do. Like if you compare, you'll always regret. But just know you're on the right path and you're doing the right thing and whatever comes your way, like listen to your intuition and you're doing great, Like you're exactly where you are and you're doing exactly what you need to do, and you're on the right path.
Speaker 4: And when you believe that, everything's a lot easier. Just I love so. Yeah, don't put yourself in other people's shoes. Stay in your.
Speaker 3: Shoes except when you want to talk to them.
Speaker 4: Then put yourself in this if you need it.
Speaker 3: Amazing. Well, thank you so much, Cooper.
Speaker 4: Thanks everyone.
Speaker 3: If you have any questions, especially questions specifically for Cooper, please be sure to either pop them in Facebook or email them to us.
Speaker 4: We love answering them for you. Yes, bye everyone, Thanks bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, and look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.