Speaker 1: Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 2: I need to describe the scene in the studio. Okay, So, like I said earlier, my eldest daughter Ruby, she's eighteen, she's finished year twelve waiting for the old eightar so Friday and today she's coming to us. She's coming to hang out and work on the show. So if you call on the show at the moment, amongst all the producers, you will start to hear my daughter Ruby this week taking calls as well. Over the weekend, an incident occurred and it's become a source of tension between us. Even in the studio day. She's brought up a couple of times. I didn't put this topic up for something to talk about on the radio, but Jack has urged both of us to talk about our version events. But hamingson kind of, I guess, some kind of way of moving on together before we go away for a week to Queenstown on Saturday.
Speaker 3: Well, something's happened obviously over the weekend, because Ruby is a different girl for the one I saw on Friday, Innocent on Friday, and now looks like she's seen a ghost by Monday.
Speaker 2: Okay, So if I Ruby okay if I just say, what what happened? Okay, and obviously you've got a different sort of angle on it. We went to get some walking gear for obviously that's what we're going to Queenstown hiking, three days hiking, and then quite a lot as well. So Frean excited, went to this place, one of these outdoor outfitters, Fay knowledgeable person taking them through all the options. There, We've got the shoes, and then Ruby said you need to get these. We need to get these waterpooth trousers that also convert to shorts.
Speaker 4: Didn't even know it's a thing I've seen.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine we've been needing those in the heady heats of New Zealand. But anyway, why not, We're going get them. So this guy shows me the options for men. I try the first pair on. They're beige and they're really figure hugging around the upper thigh area.
Speaker 4: Not something you think of usually we don't think of outdoor work.
Speaker 2: No, no, and so much so that I like, oh, I just take a photo and send this to my wife, because it's really like John Travolta. I walk out Ribby goes, hey, can I see them? What I look like, and I don't think I can wear this. She goes, come on, let me send him she's.
Speaker 1: Hot or it's a lot of dead.
Speaker 2: It's it's just, it's just it's it's not appropriate for a man to be wandering around queens anywhere, march around chatting to other walkers because they're going to go good God, is he doing that for a reason?
Speaker 1: Is he has he got his currency there? What's shoved down?
Speaker 4: Is that shiny water proof?
Speaker 1: So anyway, obviously is this an accent?
Speaker 2: I didn't buy those trousers, but Ruby seene scene stuff.
Speaker 1: She didn't want to see.
Speaker 5: Ruby from point of view, Oh well, it was disturbing to say the least. I don't actually know why you decided to come out of the changing room.
Speaker 3: That's why they have the mirrors in the change You can say that it's inappropriate.
Speaker 1: I just want to check because I wasn't sure if this was the norm. This is how walkers.
Speaker 4: Walk around these days.
Speaker 2: On display when we were leaven, Ruby said it was like some sort of dad version of a camel toe.
Speaker 5: It was actually obscene.
Speaker 4: It was like just criminals to wear. Why did he take a photo of her?
Speaker 2: That was my wife like, hey, obviously you can't be wearing these anyway. When I showed my wife later on, she was like, oh my god, Chris, Danny's disgusting.
Speaker 1: You see all the detail, nothing's left the imagine that she goes.
Speaker 2: Please tell me that isn't going to be shared socially.
Speaker 1: You'll have complaints, No, it will get taken down.
Speaker 5: Just violating rights. It was like, as tight as skin.
Speaker 1: That is enough. Now can calling a time out? The Christian O'Connell Show podcast