Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: It's a Christian Acnells show podcast.
Speaker 1: It is a bit gray out there, Isn't it tell you what? I've had a interesting starts in the morning. Good morning, Jack and Bats.
Speaker 3: Having a Monday.
Speaker 1: I had to get my sixteen year old daughter up at twenty past four this morning. This week gets the return of school sports, so for her that means rowing twice a week. I've got to get to school for ten to five. And then I heard it and it really is heard it onto coaches after some outdoor lake river somewhere in Victoria.
Speaker 3: Honestly, this is the first.
Speaker 1: Time I've ever had to do it this morning, so I didn't sleep very well because I knew what was waiting for you.
Speaker 3: Not the radio show. That's a cakewalk.
Speaker 1: Trying to get a sixteen year old up at twenty past four on a Monday to go rowing before doing a long day at school on a Monday just horrendous.
Speaker 4: So do you rip it off like a band aid, go in with the lights on, or do you go in peacefully?
Speaker 1: Starts with a text message are you up? So I'm doing this on the kitchen, get this as I'm making her a fresh shake. As I'm making her toast and a nice herbal tea. Do you think any of that's good enough?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Already, he aboose from the coaches started. You forgot my water? It's still in the fridge. Why is you're sixteen?
Speaker 3: I can't. I've obviously gotta get myself ready for growing up school the radio show.
Speaker 1: As we got in the car, right, it was pouring down when we left it like twenty for five.
Speaker 3: It was really it's like a monsoon.
Speaker 1: Just drink the water out of the Yeah, So from the window, lap it up. She was like, ben even sit up straight in the car. She had a school bag, which these days are like eighty kilos. I say, yes Australia, that's just their score books they carry around. Right. Then she's got a sports kit and a change of clothes and she's like bent over, sort of groaning.
Speaker 3: You're right, she goes, how do you even get up like this every day? I said?
Speaker 1: To be fair going and sitting in a radio stude in my backside of goes, that's easy going and rowing outdoors.
Speaker 3: This for hours beginning your day. Then a full day.
Speaker 1: School when you've got the tougher anyway, it's a dropped off outside the school. I just saw all these other moms and saying have a nice day by byers have been given a load abuse by all these teenage gangly boys girls getting out their cars. No one can stand up right whether that that tired, imagine going rowing in this.
Speaker 3: Two hours worse. She's not going to represent England at the Olympics. You know what you feel like?
Speaker 1: Kept back in the car seriously picking pig table tennis or something like that.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Passy, How.
Speaker 3: Was your weekend?
Speaker 4: I had a great weekend.
Speaker 5: Batched it on Saturday because I Love God went and did his lightest podcast.
Speaker 1: When you say batched it, what do you mean you're cooking batches of something or you like a bachelor?
Speaker 4: She had a guy over, she's.
Speaker 6: My cover.
Speaker 5: That was a boys weekend away, so I was single parenting with Auty. You had a mummy daughter day which was nice, lovely. I had a busy day Saturday actually, and then the Love God arrived home yesterday a little worse for weir.
Speaker 1: So just remind everyone, then, Chris, your husband had gone away for an entire weekend. It's a podcast. He is not a professional podcast, so.
Speaker 5: It's just for fun to blow off steam with another dad with Clint's mate. They go about every three or four months and it's just a bit of fun and do a podcast.
Speaker 4: It was a real bit of fun. The last podcast I heard that he had to delete because of how much they were having so.
Speaker 1: Strong and fine, what do you know about these special recording sessions up in the mountains between the three?
Speaker 3: Well, this is the thing.
Speaker 5: I know very little about the last one, which makes one suspicious.
Speaker 3: There was no podcast.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a good so I might say it for a boy's weekend away to my wife and you go away for a weekend. Some podcasting we got it was chuck a microphone in the book with the car.
Speaker 3: It looks podcasting enough, doesn't it. There's no evidence needed. He's lost his voice.
Speaker 1: I saw that podcast, isn't it. Where's a man out? And so how was he when he when he came home. I'm guessing quiet, no voice, hungover, Yes, all.
Speaker 5: Of the above. But he comes in the front door, and of course Audrey runs up to him, Daddy, daddy, I've missed you, And there's tears and this out pouring of you know, open arms, and and then he goes to the dog and says, presently, I've missed you and gives him a scruff. And I'm standing there for about five minutes.
Speaker 1: He's going to compete in the road every week for you.
Speaker 6: It's like, what about me?
Speaker 4: What am I chop liver?
Speaker 5: And he reckons he's discovered the best pizza he's ever eaten at the weekend, and I thought, oh, was this a local pizza area where you went? And he said, no, no, no, you know what it was. It was frozen Aldi pizza.
Speaker 1: I mean it might be nice, but supermarket frozen pizza is good, isn't it?
Speaker 3: But it's not the greatest.
Speaker 4: Pizza pizza from a restaurant.
Speaker 3: No, No, I mean, I don't know how drunk he was over the weekend. If you're that dron pizza is great pizza he frozen? Yeah, there's no.
Speaker 1: The Master Chef judges aren't off their faces drunk when they're trying all the food. That would be a good competition for the last Master drunk I get into that cooking competition.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: On Friday show, we were all a little bit confused to hear that you.
Speaker 3: Could order a car.
Speaker 1: I mean last couple months, we've all heard about various companies saying, hey, look we're in lockdown. You can still pick out a car online because of cause, if you know the car you want, you could just go out and you buy a house online these days, or you can't. However, what was incredible when Jack Post told us he ordered a new car and given one hundred and fifty dollars deposit. Doesn't feel like a deposit for a brand new car. One hundred and fifty dollars. You hadn't spoken to a human, but a car was coming at A Tesla as well, stated the Art Car.
Speaker 4: These are futuristic cars.
Speaker 3: Out there now, just drive around.
Speaker 1: It would just show up one day when it thinks you're ready for the Tesla.
Speaker 4: You got for a futuristic car, you've got to order futuristically. So I assume that all online don't have to speak to a real human. Is the best way to pay by bitcoin? I tried to for the first time ever flex the radio show Muscles. I know you guys do it all the time, but do we yeah, oh yeah, trying to get like my plumber's coming over. You know I'm from the radio show. Should give me a discount. I mentioned your plumbing business on the show. You guys do that all the time. I try and keep away from.
Speaker 3: That sort of stuff. What about when we got your free fireplace.
Speaker 4: Except for the fireplace? Yeah, with the Tesla guy, because he keeps saying, your car's coming, your car's coming, I'm sure we'll hear something any day now for.
Speaker 3: The last so you've ordered a car you don't even know when he all a moscue is going to make it.
Speaker 4: And so he keeps passing the buck. This guy Andrew, who I talked to, he said, oh, we haven't.
Speaker 3: Heard from Andrew. Is he just like a chat bob.
Speaker 4: He keeps saying like as if he hasn't work at Tesla at all. And he just keeps saying, Hey, Elon and the guys in California, when they make the car, they'll tell us, but they haven't told us anything yet. Your guess is as good as mine. So I tried to flex the muscles of the radio.
Speaker 3: What did you say?
Speaker 4: I said, Hey, when we were going to talk about it on Friday, I said, Hey, Andrew, good news. I'm going to talk about Tesla on the radio show.
Speaker 1: Tell Muskie to find it on the old iHeart or.
Speaker 3: Catch up with the podcast.
Speaker 1: You never know Andrew Mike multi billionaire, he's got his own space fleet. Wh about some timpot radio station in Melbourne. It's doing the Golden Gift card. That's gonna have him quaked. Guys, mechanics, whatever you're working on.
Speaker 3: No, I know you've got the rocket boosters.
Speaker 1: When he for SpaceX on January, Jack Po yeah, Jack Post, Hey, mission Ony podcasts and now this other show with the English guy he needs a.
Speaker 3: Tesla. Let me guess what happened?
Speaker 1: A giant can of.
Speaker 4: He didn't listen. Andrew didn't listen to the show.
Speaker 3: To have been put in your place, So how do you leave it?
Speaker 4: So it did at least it started a conversation with him again, and I said, I've just.
Speaker 3: Been what was the frequency? What is that show?
Speaker 4: He didn't even ask, honestly, but I said, because you've been telling me for a month of cars coming. Have you got any more news? He's like, yes, just today actually just now.
Speaker 3: The oldest trick in the book is.
Speaker 4: One of those. It's like, and I've got your confirmation.
Speaker 3: On cool here from the mister musk.
Speaker 4: He goes, I've got your confirmation number. I'll email it to you.
Speaker 1: Now, so you haven't got that yet, can't put a deposit on the confirmation.
Speaker 4: Emailed it to me. It's the same confromaformation number I got day one.
Speaker 3: The car there's no car ever coming.
Speaker 4: It's coming.
Speaker 2: Question you know a show podcast.
Speaker 1: So last week on the show we announced it were bringing something back, something from the beginning of this extraordinary year, and that was our Bushfire fundraising beer made with you guys called Heroes Gold, and everything was made with you guys. You gave the name Heroes Gold. It was to try and raise some money in a small way, simple act of raising a beer and toasting and raising money for all the Bushfire heroes, all the volunteers, the fieries, everyone trying to do their bit at the start of this year. And you sold out. I think we sold about seven hundred slabs. We did a limited run and you all sold it out very very quickly. And about a couple of weeks ago I found out there are a lot of these fire effect to communities that are still waiting for help because of what's been going on with the different government agencies in Victoria across COVID this year. I don't think the help has been able to get out there as quickly as they would have wanted to do in such an extraordinary challenging year. So it means there are a lot of communities that are really, really, really relying on very basic heut for stuff liked even get getting simple drinking and washing water. And I did found out from my plumber him and his mate Dwaine had set up their own little charity called Mission Rainwater and they've been going out for last six months at the weekend in their own time, supplying it, installing water tanks to families that have had their homes destroyed that don't have running water, are still catching it on tarps, which is unbelievable. So we bring about Heroes Gold. We've only got three hundred slabs to sell, and this is a bushfight fundraising beer. We'll go to people like Mission Rainwater is just telling you about. And so we've already sold out where you've sold out. I think we announced Wednesday we're bringing it back. This is incredible, guys. Two hundred and forty slabs.
Speaker 4: Yeah great.
Speaker 1: You know, in a really tough year, a lot of you are worrying about Christmas coming up, a lot of you are just struggling to get back to work and knowing how you're going to get out of this year. So to sell two hundred and forty slabs is really humbling. But that's because everyone wants to stall out. And how quickly you responded says about the big hearts here in Melbourne. So I've been asking people if you are buying Heroes Gold, which genuinely is a good drop. It is a really really good beer. If you are can be buying it, you can still order. We've got sixty slabs left at the Christian o'connells show dot com dot au. If you are gonna be ordering, let us know so we can say thank you. We've got a couple of thank you here.
Speaker 7: Heroes good the fight, It's God's fresh, It's gone.
Speaker 3: Before we.
Speaker 1: Heroes any great be God have a great jingle that has made my Travis the tradeing, come on in, Travis, all right, Thank you very much to Sharon Mackey Christian. I've ordered three slaps of Hero's Gone. We loved it when you brought it out early this year. What is a Christmas present to my husband Andrew. We've had a really, really tough year. He's a teacher. It's been a horrendous year. Bring on twenty twenty one, look forward to here us God. Thank you very much, Sharon, thank you, Andrew Christian. I have ordered two slabs of Heroes Gold over the weekend. My partner Tracy has been a member of and work for the Seer for ten years, was heavily involved over January and February with everything. Things are still very hard. Like you said, a lot of those communities. We'd like to do our bit by buying your slab of your Hero's gold. Thank you very much. That comes from Ken Lewis. Jackie Boy, you've got your slabs over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got some for to give us gifts over Christmas and some for Jackie Boy as well.
Speaker 1: Excellent Christian. This is from Peter. He's sending up to a chooker in two weeks time. He's going to take a couple of slams of Heroes Gold that he's ordered up with him to greve to the great Ossie Bear Shed there as well.
Speaker 3: Peter.
Speaker 1: That's very kind, Thank you very much. Julian Sunbury who's ordered a slab. Wayne Christian, this is my second order of Heroes Gold bought it earlier this year. I'm also a volunteer. Keep up the great work.
Speaker 3: Wayne.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much for the great work you do. Christian, I've ordered more. This is from Jeremy Livingston, Rachel Matthews, Tara Staples, Pamela Reeson, Sharon Van Eck.
Speaker 3: Amazing names and like a superhero.
Speaker 1: Gavin Now, I'm Steve Burton and Graham Nixon just a few of all the people in buying Heroes Gold. If you are going to get it, there are only slicked sixty slabs left. Order it today at the Christian o'connellshow dot com dot au. Thank you very much to Craft Cartel who was shipping out to you as quickly as possible as well. When you do order it, please let me know email me Christian Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much, Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast Talk.
Speaker 3: For some of your emails who came in over the weekend late.
Speaker 1: A lot of the emails that you're sending at the moment all to do with our new sort of breakout runaway feature. Weakest came to fame where no story is two week no story is two week the week of the Claim to Fame, the better actually on this feature sometimes if they're too good. There was one I got yesterday evening about Shane warn that was too spectacular. That is not welcome week Claim to Fame. I even heard my wife put in this movie yes Leaving. I haven't seen it, but I know it's a very very big show the block YEP, it's filmed. I think this current season. I think it finished last night and I didn't realize that apparently the couple have won it or did very well on it last night Live around the corner.
Speaker 3: Oh my wife see you guys said that, what is it about?
Speaker 1: I never met them? There was my wife, but they live around the corner. I hear my wife telling her mom back in England that we know the people who've won.
Speaker 3: I look at her, right, I look at her like come again, and she does it.
Speaker 1: You don't even call out smelly old, pointless wide lie.
Speaker 8: I know them.
Speaker 3: I needed to go to bed. I stayed up late so I could catch her afterwards and go we know them. I've never where where do they live around the corner. I'd like to go around now with the bottle of champagne. Take me there, dirty little liar.
Speaker 1: We don't know that people they live around the corner. Yeah we know them, Yeah that we've seen them. We often say hi people from the block.
Speaker 3: Anyway, that's what we're looking for. Forty yesterday.
Speaker 1: The people that have won the block or did well on the block last night. Whatever happened to the block last night?
Speaker 3: Do you know perhaps you did it end last night?
Speaker 5: Yes, it did. It was very exciting. They did exceptionally well well. The fifties couple earned like a you know, bonus, like the cash they took away was like one point.
Speaker 4: Why the end of the I'm trying to into Christmas. Christmas bonus.
Speaker 3: Don't open it now, don't open it now.
Speaker 1: But you've got a bonus guy for the last it runs like thirty two weeks, doesn't it anyway? Lakes La Party, Christian, I've got a lake lap inter for you. We kiss Claim to Fame. Listening to the show Friday, Friends or Rom got another mention. I got a great Christmas present for someone on this show.
Speaker 3: I can't say.
Speaker 1: Anymore, say anymore, said too much maybe already Anyway, Christian listening to Jack talk about Friends or Rom got someone a great Christmas present. Over the weekend, I was minded about my weakest claim to fame. I used to work with a woman who was married to the drama of.
Speaker 3: Friends Aram Altogether.
Speaker 1: Now, Nathan, thank you very much. That is perfectly weak. Christian, My week is kind of famous. I went to high school with a girl whose family home was used in the making of the Heartbreak Kid movie.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: This is as good as my wife living around the corner from a couple on last night's the book. If you've a email for us at Latesla Party Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 7: Dot Christian Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Jack Post, How was your weekend? Orders the song that sums it all up.
Speaker 4: Before I get to the song, I'll thank my friends for having us to the European Summer themed past the night that we went to on Saturday night, which was a big deal. They kept sending things all week. You know when you get more than one invite.
Speaker 3: All the admin and the chatter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like first it was a teaser in fight, and then it was the invite with the actually a.
Speaker 3: Movie, just a bowl of pasta. Calm down, everyone, We've had enough trauma this year.
Speaker 4: Anyway, there's a lot of fuss being made about the dress code, which was very colorful, glamorous, European summer, all things that had nothing to do with my wardrobe. So I actually went out and bought this loud, colorful.
Speaker 1: Shirt at the moment. Aren't there the new season there's all colorful, loud, short sleeve shirts for the man about town.
Speaker 4: Well, I've got one of them now, and I need places to wear it because I feel like I'll never wear this again. So if we wait to the gym, if we want to do a casual Friday or a loud shirt Friday.
Speaker 1: You want to do that, go to Fox Fan. I do stuff like that. Okay, not sure if you were here. We're grown ups here.
Speaker 3: Don't need to come in a wacky shirt.
Speaker 4: I'll do it for the sales.
Speaker 1: Do it once a Friday's well, so that's where you go. Okay, we come to work here, you go over there.
Speaker 3: I'll wear it Friday for the fun show do that as well.
Speaker 1: So plenty of other places to do that whacky shirt Friday.
Speaker 4: It's great to have social activities back like this. Saturday Night was great fun. What I don't miss at all is the Sunday morning hangover. I spent about the last six months not really drinking so much during lockdown and now back like you couldn't believe the Sunday morning dried up like a raging Where do you go.
Speaker 1: For it on Saturday night? Was it just because you out for a couple of hours you didn't have him long?
Speaker 4: No, it was one of those creeper nights where you don't even think you're drinking that much. But before we knew it. Oh, this is the other thing. No phone's allowed at the past the night because they want everybody to connect. That was invite number three.
Speaker 1: Well, I know the theory depends who you sat with, doesn't it, because some people aren't as interesting as your phone.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like the idea of connecting. I just had no idea what time it was at any point, So it was two o'clock in the morning before or.
Speaker 1: How can you go from like sitting down at seven o'clock and like the times two am?
Speaker 3: You hadn't you have an idea?
Speaker 1: It gets darker you go to the toyle, you know a watch or clock.
Speaker 4: I had had no idea what time it was, and the drinks I didn't feel like I was drinking that much, but obviously by two am it had all seeped into my body. The anchor and I had big dreams of going to the beach the next day. We hadn't been to the beach since you know, last summer.
Speaker 3: I guess the five case shut down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I couldn't get there. So we knew that even if we had a few drinks, we'd swim in the ocean. The ocean would suck out all the toxins from our body.
Speaker 3: You watched the Red Sea.
Speaker 1: I don't believe there's anything in Victoria's just suck out the toxins, especial if we're going to swim anywhere around Saint Kilda, you mean you will probably take it more toxins.
Speaker 4: So this is the song that sums up our working. We packed up or so Sunday morning. We didn't get the kickstart that I would have liked, you know, get out early, get to the beach before everybody else. It's sort of midday as we're rolling out of bed and gathering all our things, putting our bathes on.
Speaker 3: You know, your body's in pain.
Speaker 4: Every now and again, we just sit down to drink some water, then go back to packing that bag that needs the.
Speaker 3: Towels and the sun everything effort.
Speaker 4: The dog's coming as well, so have we've got to leave for her, a bit of shade for her. Anyway, that's by the time we got all the bag packed, I'm very tired again, and I said, all right, well before we leave, let me just have a little lie down because it's been such an effort to pack the bag. Then back to sleep for several hours, slept from the fold pitch trip.
Speaker 3: Again, you didn't know what time.
Speaker 4: It was, so we never went to the beach, had that weird wake up. We're a wake up at three o'clock in the afternoon. You don't know what even rake it is, let alone what time it is of the day. And then by by three o'clock on a Sunday, your weekends pretty much over. You're not going out out of the house anymore.
Speaker 1: All right, coming up exit, Actually, what happened to my weekend?
Speaker 2: He a Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So Saturday evening, all right, I I was getting all the food ready and we're I was gonna make tacos and we're gonna eat outside, and I'd lit the fire pit, and I thought, you know what, got everything ready, everything's prepped.
Speaker 3: I've just got a rare.
Speaker 1: Twenty minutes just to myself here. Everyone's in the house. So when outside, I was sat in front of a fire pit. I had an ice cold beer and I was like, it's like it's an ex hell. He just sat there, got that one beer, first beer of the Saturday night, and I was like, this is great. Got a rare moment of calm. Then suddenly the door comes flying open. There's giggling, there's laughter. There's my six year old daughter in her bikini with her boyfriend is in his swimming trunks. They splashed into the pool that's just behind me, but only three meters. Then they start playing music. They start playing this song and they're making out to it. Well, I'm trying to enjoy a peaceful beer. I'm getting very tense.
Speaker 3: They start playing this.
Speaker 6: I want to keep their reputation.
Speaker 1: Are they trying to you know? There needs to been meditation, God, imitations for Dad, for turn to the bread.
Speaker 3: This has been cranked out. I can't help but look round and a smile over. They're smooching. Dare I say, canoodling in the pool.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking the audacity of this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not skin of Dad is crazy.
Speaker 3: You know what, I've made a very big mistake with this boyfriend. I've been too friendly, too keen to make him laugh. Those days are over, Sonny. Just make it out in the pool. At one point it gets really bad, I have to go in. My wife goes, you're okay. I went. She's gonna take a knee for a bit.
Speaker 1: She's on his shoulders like she used to be on my shoulder as well. She was years younger. And I put up with this while they're God, you know how long I was out there before all we got shotted and ruined. Three points seven minutes of calm and zend moment. That's all I had, three points seven minutes before the makeout session in the pool.
Speaker 7: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: One of the other things we did what I regame. I composed your Saturday night. You played the game. We love playing this to the family? Who am I game?
Speaker 3: You probably played this before? You know we get to post it.
Speaker 1: No or one of you leaves the room and the others have got to come up with a famous person did or alive? And you've got ten questions. They can only say yes or no. You've got to work out who you are anyway. My wife, because she wants a neat version post it notes looks messy posted everywhere, has bought the actual card version game of this Who am I? I brought some of this morning for you two to take each other on? All right, so I'll give out the clues. You've got to race each other, try and guess who this is? Now?
Speaker 3: I am sorry. Do you need a warning or something?
Speaker 4: Yea Christmas minute?
Speaker 3: Don't worry Eve in a rush? Can you handle sponsor.
Speaker 4: Anti an element of surprise?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Jack's not great with surprise.
Speaker 1: Someone still got a hagang up this morning is a little bit bleary.
Speaker 3: Eyed over them.
Speaker 1: I'm an actor born in nineteen eighty three. I appeared in over one hundred episodes of Home and Away.
Speaker 5: Oh is it one of the hymns words?
Speaker 3: I have two brothers a daughter. Wise. Yes, well done to Patsy.
Speaker 1: I'm an American actor born in Oklahoma in nineteen sixty three. I guest starred in Friends while married to Jennifer Aniston.
Speaker 5: Oh that was gonna say, Brad Pitt, Yeah, it is bad.
Speaker 1: Pit Patsy I'm a magician. I once held the world record for holding my breath underwater.
Speaker 5: Hi didn't he?
Speaker 3: David Blake Patsy, you should get this one.
Speaker 1: My name means she who comes from glorious father Madonna. Roman legend says I coaxed an asp into killing me. I gave birth to twins father by Mark.
Speaker 4: And Cleo Petra.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, wow, we what has happened to you? You have checked out today's show a hangover on Saturday night?
Speaker 3: I was trying.
Speaker 1: You've got that pallor of a sweaty man. Have you seen chat this morning? How much did you have on Saturday night?
Speaker 3: Light weight? All right?
Speaker 1: Christmas trees from us to you every day this week. Then we have real Christmas trees to give away to kids.
Speaker 3: So if you want a real Christmas tree, get ready to call in please.
Speaker 1: So these aren't your proper Christmas trees, just a smell of Christmas. The pine we've got. They're big as well were these have come from Jingles Christmas trees. We have six foot and seven foot available. If that's too big, chop it down, all right.
Speaker 3: All you gotta do is kids only.
Speaker 1: I see a lot of the old gig pigs getting ready to call in the moms and dads sniffing around.
Speaker 3: They free You don't even know what it is. Freeze great though? Is it? Because you? I'm gonna buy it? All right?
Speaker 1: Kids only? Kids give us a call. Always send you a brand new Christmas tree. This is a little Christmas present from us to you to being forced to listen to the show during the school run. So kids, give us a call. What do you gotta do is come on here. We'll give you a brand new Christmas tree. Tell us whether you want a big one or really big one.
Speaker 7: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to lines. Kicking off this morning with Scarlet.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Scarlet. You sound tired. You're getting ready for school?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And how was your weekend? Scarlet?
Speaker 8: It was good?
Speaker 3: Yeah. What's the best thing you did over the weekend?
Speaker 8: We were going to take our boat out, but we got two minutes out in the water and then it started deeping.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, oh dear, nothing worse is that? And you got a nice boat of you? Yeah, and what is the name of your boat?
Speaker 8: I'm not sure now, Let.
Speaker 1: Dad worry about that. You know, it's just yours to go out here whenever you want, isn't it. You got your own boat. That's pretty cool?
Speaker 6: And what do you ask?
Speaker 3: And what are you after for Christmas? Scarlet?
Speaker 8: A hot glue gun?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Happy crafting Christmas? That's what I want to is a hot glue gun.
Speaker 3: I love to.
Speaker 1: Craft me and uh? And what are you going to do with your glue gun if you get it?
Speaker 8: And I'm going to make things because my sister's friend she makes things on YouTube with her hot glugun that I really want to make.
Speaker 3: If I get one, that'd be great. You'd be busy over Christmas. Then you can make presents for everyone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, love it?
Speaker 3: And how big do you want the Christmas tree?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 3: Where did your Christmas tree normally go up? Scarlet?
Speaker 8: So we last year we were in one house and this year we've moved, so our land room is not really big enough, but our back room is.
Speaker 1: Right, gotcha? Okay, So would you like like a six foot one? So maybe the size of Mum or Dad.
Speaker 3: Or a really really big one that might have to sort of bend over to fit in the room.
Speaker 8: Mum said, they're really big one.
Speaker 3: I bet you did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's mom. They're always looking a super size, aren't they.
Speaker 3: All right, well we'll put you down.
Speaker 1: For seven foot one Scarlet, Okay, okay, all right, and I hope you get that hot glue gun. All right, I have a good Christmas. Thanks for listening to the show. Scarlet ek, thank you, uh Scarlet everyone. Marcus, good morning.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm here, I'm here, all right.
Speaker 3: Sorry buddy, Mum and dad stressing you out this morning.
Speaker 9: Oh so you want to know my dress?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no straight down the business future entrepreneurs, No fath all right, no federal killer.
Speaker 3: Marcus. Hey, Marcus, christ we're sending you a Christmas tree. Don't worry about all that. Marcus, what are you after for Christmas this year?
Speaker 9: If the kazoo is not going to work, maybe Olf on the shelf in my house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's the kazoo, the thing you really like.
Speaker 9: I guess a kazoo can handle it.
Speaker 1: Marcus, what do you want to do when he grew up? Because I've got to say, just chat to you in just a minute. You're a very very funny guy.
Speaker 9: So when I want to grow up, I want to be hmm. Let's go with a policeman.
Speaker 3: I guess yep, pretty good. Yeah, anything else nuts in place?
Speaker 9: The kazoo all day.
Speaker 3: A policeman who plays the kazoo.
Speaker 1: Maybe every time he arrests someone, he gets his kazoo out and gives it a.
Speaker 9: Little You know who I am? Right?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, yeah Marcus, Yeah Marcus. How big do you want the Christmas tree?
Speaker 9: I have it in the living room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, your own private living room, your own private chambers, Young Marcus. And we know who you are. We're rush this out today, young Marcus. K Marcus, lovely to chat to you. Have a great Christmas.
Speaker 9: Merry Christmas to you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, young Marcus. That guy natural breakfast. Do you know who I am? Greta?
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, good morning. How was your weekend, Greta?
Speaker 9: I'm pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And what was the best thing you did over your weekend?
Speaker 9: I went to see my little cousin Amelia, who I haven't met yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a little, tiny little baby, like a couple of months old. And how was it meeting that little baby? How was it nice? You get to hold the baby? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah I did get to hold her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lovely?
Speaker 3: And what are you after for Christmas?
Speaker 9: I'm hoping to get a surfboard.
Speaker 3: Oh that's pretty cool. Yes, so can you surf? Ah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I use my brother's one that sucks.
Speaker 3: Doesn't he going to borrow off him? Right? Can't go out the same Yeah? Yeah, you get your own one?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, I hope you get a surfboard.
Speaker 1: I mean you're gonna know if you've got one, And aren't you under the tree hard to wrap a surfboard and make it might be an board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you'll know if you got that.
Speaker 1: What what sized Christmas tree would you like? Would you like a large one or a super large one?
Speaker 9: A large one?
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Grete. You have a great Christmas and thanks for listening to show. Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye. Now come on into k Lockhart.
Speaker 1: Yes, kay, we are doing our Breakfast show Christmas card again this year. Fat in the studio now, word of a lie. It's about six inch high stack of cards for to sign. Every single Christmas card we send from us to you guys are signed by me, Chuck and Patsy. We're sending them out today and over the next couple of days, so all you have to do, you don't have to call in or anything. Just email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot Au. Email us yourdress and we will send out the Christmas cards.
Speaker 3: So kay, we'll send yours.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we've got the Monday Morning and Misheard Lyrics and also all the best Hall of Famous from this year.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, Richard kemper Christian, Please can I have a signed Christmas card from the show to wave in my wife's face to prove that your show is better than the other trash she listens to the Morning Richard, be my pleasure to person deliver it tomorrow. If you want a show Christmas card, just to email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot Au.
Speaker 3: This time for the Monday Mishard Lyrics.
Speaker 1: It's just another mishard Moday, Christian O'Connell's misshard lyrics.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Then the Morning the Misheard Lyrics we're going to do in two parts. Part one is going to be as we normally do, all the round up of the ones you've been setting in over the last seven days.
Speaker 3: Then we're going to do a second goal the Misheard Lyrics today it's a special treat it's our favorite.
Speaker 1: Hall of famers that you've sent in. They're all amazing from this year.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: So first of all, as we always do on the Monday misheard lyrics, we go back to last week's Hall of Famous last week for Paul Burns. Listen to Paul Burns and his one from the Great Hoodoo Gurus and my girl, my girl don't love me anymore? Or is it I could even hear it? Then I've got a dog called Theodore. That's why it's a Hall of Famer. And this one last week, Addy Campbell, Brown Sugar, They running stones gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields or is it cold cold spaceship Avocado and beers. Yeah, that's a great one, all right, ones you've sent in then Teresa in excess suicide blonde or is it super salad Bar. It's a subtle one, just just about We give you that one, Theresa, super salad Bar. This comes from Gareth. And you give me something some by James Morrison. You give me something that makes me scared.
Speaker 6: All right, something that makes me scared?
Speaker 3: Or is it you give me something that makes my skin? All right?
Speaker 6: Give me something makessquite.
Speaker 3: Nice moisturizer. Maybe an expolion for sir.
Speaker 1: Damien's got this one from Katrina and the Waves, Walking on Sunshine and sing and sing and sing it again? Yeah, or is it I See, I See I See in a kidnaper?
Speaker 3: It was there all the lole.
Speaker 1: Oh that is brilliant, great spot, Damien, I See, I See, I See a a kidnap. Yeah, Damien's Hall of favor all right. Pj's got this from Maroon five. What lovers do ub been wishing for you? Trying to do what lovers do? By the way, way, Yes, I do hear the other line in here, the rude one. Do you know there's a rude word in this? It's been one of the ones I've been sent virtually every single week, but we can't play.
Speaker 3: It out, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You have played it?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, But people don't know which one I'm on about. You know this one? Anyway? This JOm PJ.
Speaker 1: He's hearing trying to do what Larmas do at the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm hearing Lamas do at the end.
Speaker 1: Stuart's got our current favorite this week. Please Navi Dan please pretty straightforward, that's what you hear. But Stuart's hearing. Release Mummy Duck, Release, Mummy Duck.
Speaker 6: Please.
Speaker 3: I know we're in the Christmas.
Speaker 1: Vibe, but standing standard standards, no final this morning.
Speaker 3: Is this your real name? Sir? Jonathan Adonis?
Speaker 1: Feels like it's a personal trainer who's giving himself that a donist? What a surname, sir? Anyway, Big strong Man Jonathan Adonis the Offspring coming for you. Sold out blowout, don't get caught he or is it sold out?
Speaker 3: Blowout?
Speaker 1: Donkey Kong on the Greatest handheld Games ever? Yeah, very very good.
Speaker 3: Strong my name strong by nature? All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up next the best Hall of Famous of twenty twenty.
Speaker 7: Christian Hello, Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We need to get into this now, don't we. We I'm dreading saying this, but we finished this is awful, right. We finished the show Friday and one of my we I mean every single breakfast show up and down the dial, we all finish. Radio shuts down for Christmas in the middle of November. I mean, you're talking to a guy for twenties until he moved it walked up until around December the twenty third.
Speaker 3: A bit.
Speaker 1: It's not the summer in the UK. But yeah, so I mean last year fell odd on December the eighth, saying goodbye. We'll pick it up again the new year, November twenty seventh.
Speaker 4: Keep in mind, we don't make the rules about when radio goes.
Speaker 1: Someone is very happy with Friday is the happiest I've seen it all morning.
Speaker 3: I've been dreading telling you.
Speaker 1: But the reason why we're doing our favorite hall of Famers of the year, and why we're going all Vinyl this Friday, it's like the end of school term. Obviously not for you guys. You've got to carry on work and some of you I've only just gone back to work. As we're saying, yeah, we're seeing we think we're calling it for the year now, so you know we'll see you in the new year.
Speaker 4: The year twelveth have done their exams, they get to go home, but the rest of the school stays in school of Christmas, so let's.
Speaker 3: Just move on. We're all grown ups. But I'm just putting out there now. I know you're going to be not happy.
Speaker 1: About this, I get it, but the show is finishing this Friday for this year, so let's just.
Speaker 3: Enjoy these precious hours together.
Speaker 1: And that is why we're doing our favorite Hall of Famers of the year.
Speaker 3: How bad do you think that's gone down?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: And we give you away and don't forget we give away Christmas cards as well. If you're feeling down about that, have a Christmas card.
Speaker 3: Come on, all right, so let's get back into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, Happy, Happy Joy Joy on the breakfast radio show Funny People aren't in the morning. Hey tell you what, Jack and Pats you're not going to do right now? Payback some of our favorite Hall of famers from this year, just because it's because they're amazing. All right, Let's go back to the first show this year, January. Matt Webb, come as you are or is it come Dustin Martin?
Speaker 6: Jump bugs.
Speaker 1: These Hall of Famers even though it's at the start of this year. Matt Webb, thank you very much, Hall of Famer. Now we go to July. Kathy Taylor, Daft Punk. We're up, We're up all night, We're up all night. We're up all night to get lucky? Or is it we rub a Mexican, We rub a Mexican, We rub a Mexican monkey. That is so on the nose, isn't it? How do we ever hear anything else. Then we go to August and mark the proclaimers. I'm gonna be Hannibal Lecter, Hannibal Lecter.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: This was challenged by Elizabeth Black the week later, saying that she's hearing double adapter, double adapter, which is the best one?
Speaker 3: I have that double.
Speaker 10: One, Prince, most beautiful girl in the world from Big John in July, and feel proud that Bin Larden was found.
Speaker 1: Then we had Jack Dungan with Enter Samman by Metallica instead of Tree of War, Dreams of Liars, dreams of dragons, fire and all things that bite. Yeah, he heard dreams of War, dreams of Liars, dreams of dragon fire, and a baked apple pie. Oh, I've forgotten how funny that was. It's not that one who's been playing around with these Hall of Famer all right, Trevor, Well, for some reason, now we're going back to March. It's better not to do it in a chronological war order. Producer's going back to March now. And this is Michael Bolton sitting on the dock of the Bay, sitting here resting my balls.
Speaker 3: After one of the best. It is just one of the best. It's so one hundred percent. There isn't it if he can arrest him. Two on the top of the Bay, he got the view the resting.
Speaker 1: Let's go now to Dean Martin as well, instead of because my baby left for Florida on the train, because my.
Speaker 3: Baby left a floater on the train, and some Scott good.
Speaker 6: Osma baby left for Florida train favorites.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Then we got a Dean Morley or by my Saya, Eric Carmen, Obama's elf. We've had some great ones, honestly, thank you very much everyone who sends in these, missaid Lukes Benny a day goes by. We don't get one from you guys, so thank you, all right. Final three, Phil Collins his version of can't hurry love. Instead of someone to call my ma, Mama said, someone to call mine. My Mama's it the monkey.
Speaker 6: Mamma said.
Speaker 1: Still great one, Nathan, thank you very much for that. This one our most controversial one of the years. I still don't hear hot potato, hot potato. We're going back to who rock Me?
Speaker 3: Ama?
Speaker 1: Dais by Falco, I just hear amadeis and my days, I don't hear hot potato.
Speaker 4: Do you guys potatoes there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just amadis all right. Last one goes to Luke. This was a really big one.
Speaker 1: Do you remember, oh Fortuna, the big classical music piece. And he heard, so I have to do this twice. Okay, so this is the original piece of music. Oh for tuna. No one really knows the lyrics. You just kind of know roughly the song. We've used an adverts and many kinds of movies. So he misheard I love goat cheese. Give me cookies. They gave us gone a rear this octopus. Let's give him boots, send him to North Korea. Our paper cuts, sand paper arm. Let's play it back. I guide you through it.
Speaker 3: Give me cookies ches, give me confusion area. That's up to West. Let's given books said to North three our paper cut, sound paper harm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done, Nathan, Thank you very much. Sure you misheard lyrics this year. It's back next year in twenty twenty one. Still send me them. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au and thank you Christian.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 1: Show podcast Today is that what time wast Lebron James and Arnold's Warsliker. I'm launching a new tequila range because that's what we need. It's another celebrity tequila range. I feel like with George Clooney and it's about all the others rappers out there. There's room on that shelf for another celebrity indoors tequila range.
Speaker 3: It would be tequila as well.
Speaker 1: Arnie's not going to be out just a beer, is he or anything like that. So today's time waste is celebrity booms Kay Grind Silver plus Jack Nicholson and Coke. What is it, Jack Nicholson, the actor, Jack Nicholson and Coke.
Speaker 3: You look like a Jack and Coke.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I didn't get it.
Speaker 1: Bronze, Oh boy, we'll I p Am Better Silver plus Mattless souvigny on Blanc Gold, thank you, Jackie Ward.
Speaker 3: What have you got?
Speaker 4: Celebrity boos El Pacino Noir silver, Osama Jin Larden.
Speaker 3: That's good, that's good, Yeah, Silver.
Speaker 4: Mary Queen of Shots, Oh that's good, Historical one gold and Guinness Peltrow.
Speaker 3: Guinness Paltrow. Yeah that's gold as well.
Speaker 1: All right, senas your then celebrity boos best one wins a hamper from Haig's Chocolates. Christian Iconnell, The Christian o'connells Show, Podcast Time for Today's at word Time wast Celebrity boos. That's all we're ask here. That's all we're asking today. Celebrity Booze winner gets a chocolate hamper of hags.
Speaker 3: Jackie Boy, You're ready to Mark? Tonic the Hedgehog.
Speaker 4: Bonny Celebrity Gold, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Trevor Penfold's five Gold, Very nice, Roger Captain, Morgan Freeman Silver, Jakari Elton, Oh No Sorry, Dakary ephrom Silver, Chase Jase Baby, Thank you, Bill Bailey's Irish Cream Silver, Tinny Kravitz Silvern uh Ben Distillery Bronze, Stolly Parton, That's Great Silver plus, christ and Hastings World and Cognac West Gold, Jane Bundy and Coke Silver, winnowa Cider Silver, Mini Screwdriver Silvil plus, Patron and Keating Gold.
Speaker 3: What An?
Speaker 1: Amanda Reese with a goon Bag Gold, Meghan well done, Micky Yaeger Bombs Silver, George Cooney Bag Silver, Ricky Martini gold, Thirsty Ali Oh Yes Gold, kim Ba Kardashian Silver plus, Keith Bourbon Silver Robert down In One Jr. Gold to Kill O'Neill, Gold, Kate Moscow Mule.
Speaker 3: Silver, Heroes, Goldblum Bronze. Nice try, but just stay for the comedy. Beer grillis are beer grills? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Beer grills?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Silver, Gin Diesel Silver, Shandy Crawford Silver plus, Dude, whar's my cask?
Speaker 3: No, it's a movie, but thank you?
Speaker 1: Jody Foster's silver plus, Forest Drunk Silver plus Shared Jin Gold.
Speaker 3: All Right, who's getting the hamper of chocolates?
Speaker 4: That's a close runner, but I did like Reese with the goonberg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well done, you get the hages chocolates. Okay. Title Today's show is we Rub a Mexican Monkey. We're back tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: The last episode and this series of episodes of my new podcast is out. Today's Stuff of Legends. This is where the last couple of weeks each week the guest tells me about their life in three objects. Today's episode is a treat. It's Matthew McConaughey. It was kind enough to do the podcast when he did his exclusive interview with the show a couple of weeks ago. If you heard that, but you've probably seen him doing interviews Anyway, he's an amazing storyteller and hearing him town with the story of his life in three objects is amazing. It's a masterclass and storytelling and it's also just a guy who's had a really interesting life.
Speaker 3: So so thanks to read Lee wherever you get.
Speaker 1: Your podcast is out now me chatting to Matthew McConaughey, you'll find its stuff of legends.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show, Lost