Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show.
Speaker 2: Podcast, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three old.
Speaker 1: Will the rest of the world. What goes on in this hour stays in this hour, even the boss doesn't listen.
Speaker 3: Ladies, gentlemen, welcome, Who's a Christian O'Connell for breakfast Show?
Speaker 1: Coming seven minutes past six Monday mornings to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. Footy is back, which also means frustration is back. Sport is a heartbreakers sometime, isn't it. I was out the Das game on Saturday. It started well, but that was only the first five minutes, eight minutes, and then it all just went. Then the second half, all this much hyped DS team, Crosps backing them to win, and we're still doing very well. But and then your team yesterday, the Bombers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not much even say they didn't start well.
Speaker 1: He was just and then obviously this was thought like the Bombers were going to have the worst team of the weekend. North North Melbourne went hold my beer. It was I know, I've never been here for the start of a season. When I moved out last year, we came here at the middle of May, so the season was up and running. So is round one like this where anything can happen. You get column had been beaten, the West Coast Eagles get beaten by the Lions, who were like, what fifteenth last year? So it's all over the place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, you heard it here. First Round one is meaningless.
Speaker 1: It's a Bombers fan.
Speaker 3: Everybody knows. Traditionally round one doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 1: Is it? Like radio ratings? When our ratings go down, when the whole thing doesn't work, their methodology is crooked. And then when you're number one ago it's yep, you heard it, it's official. When number one everything's right, it's like that, is it?
Speaker 3: It's like that?
Speaker 1: And so what's happened as well? I've had a lot of things over the weekend, but a lot of talk about acls. It's the interior cruciate ligament, the weakest ligament in the body.
Speaker 3: Well that's why we have didn't your wife's knee surgeons say that we have the best doctors in the world doing acls in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: So much practice on them. What is it about the ACL and the AFL. They're somehow linked together, aren't they? Do they need to start investing in a cure for acls.
Speaker 3: Well, they need to wear those what if Forrest Gump wear when he was running kid, Yeah, those leged knee braces.
Speaker 1: And then knee race. There needs to be something, you think now with the connection that the anfl's got with Marvel, can they get any of the kind of gear that they've gotten to stick it on their acls to strengthen them up.
Speaker 3: Run out with the ice packs already strapped off.
Speaker 1: I four was at the game on Saturday night with Matt Damon.
Speaker 3: He's still here. We saw him when did we go to the UFC febr a month ago? Yeah, and he was sitting in the front row with Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 1: This was February. Now it's the end of March. He's still here. Haw's Matt Damon moved to Australia.
Speaker 3: Or has Chris Hemsworth hired him to be his personal assistant?
Speaker 1: Buddy? What's going on? They're still hanging out together and going to see AFL games on a Saturday night as well.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure Matt Damon was wearing the same cap he was in when we saw him.
Speaker 1: Also, tell you what they should have got he should have I don't know whether it's a connection with this new mega deal that the AFL have done with Marvel, where he has to do so many appearances over there the new season. Now at the stadium, he should then dress as thor he should come in character.
Speaker 3: Well, they made the players dressers, thoughts. At least they could do as they thought dressing.
Speaker 1: And he should have got his hammer out to flatten down that monkey shoddy pitch that they've got there. Why are there so many problems with the AFL's own stadium pitch.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's got something to do with any moving.
Speaker 1: They kept saying, the pitch moving. How can a pitch move?
Speaker 3: They've had problems. I remember they've had problems with it in the past where teams were complaining about playing there. But obviously they make the fixture and they can't change it because of all the deals they do with the stadium and just with fixturing, so they can't change it last minute. But you're right, the guys were running on it and sand was blowing up like they were running through an actual sand pit.
Speaker 1: In the EPR with Soccer England at the end of a season, all the stadiums, the pictures are pretty rough because we have played a full season. They've had nine months of footy on them, so they have a lot of wear and tear. It looked like it was the last game of the year. It's not the first. I mean, I know grounds keeping expert, but it was an absolute mess. And I'm guessing that for everyone who does footy tipping, that must have just gone to pot this weekend because all these crazy results.
Speaker 3: I got two from nine this weekend deparently.
Speaker 1: Mind what's happened with the huge upset results? That's actually not that much competition.
Speaker 3: Big on the Lions, I got Richmond and I got the Saints, got up by one point. That was my only other win.
Speaker 1: Cool. Hey, you know what you know what this means? There a Jack and Ize team the DC and the Bomb is not having a great start. We need a Monday song. This is a song we've had made to cheer everyone up on a Monday. This is what we all need. If your team lost over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Alarm clock has no tag it Jill tw you will wake at six.
Speaker 5: Am Monday morning.
Speaker 4: Is here to ruin your life again. Life again.
Speaker 2: Butts of your boss and your idiot coworkers.
Speaker 4: Your emails are piling up.
Speaker 6: If only there.
Speaker 4: Was a way to help you get up.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no bosses here here, there's no emails here.
Speaker 4: Here, there's no boring work makes chewing up your mondays.
Speaker 1: Are reborn the water War.
Speaker 4: Come join us in the breakfast Show Hunter, the christ Carnal Breakfast Show. It's Monday morning. Here we go.
Speaker 3: It's working.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you what. I'm getting a buzz already. It's like a caffeine shot of adrenaline. Very very good. That is a jack Post original that it's on Monday. Song after the next song, then we're telling about what is in this morning's breakfast show. Hot tub. It's got one I four point three, Good morning, thirteen minutes about six d's will still win it this year?
Speaker 2: Mark my words for Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: If it's a weekend, it means Petrina Jones was at the red carpet of something Auriel's wedding this weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah it was fun. Actually I took Mumsy along this weekend.
Speaker 1: I saw lovely photo of you and your mum. Yeah, yeah, what a lovely looking woman.
Speaker 5: Do we look alike?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I could say to know what it was. The eyes, Yes, Killer's eyes, but lovely eyes, lovely eyes? Did Mumsy enjoy mers wording?
Speaker 5: She loved it? Yes, she thought it was lots of fun And.
Speaker 1: How was it in terms of the movie? Is exactly the same, And they adapted it a bit for the stage version.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they've brought it into the modern era a bit.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 5: We've got you know, tinder and that sort of mentions.
Speaker 1: Like that, but modern stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what all the young ones are into these days.
Speaker 1: But he meets someone on my space, you know.
Speaker 5: And Kate Killer hiked the did the music. I didn't realize that till Saturday night. And it's brilliant. It's lots of fun. It's really good for girls to go along. I think if you had like a girl's night out, it'd be lots of fun.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about taking fifteen mates of mine or guys. Why not?
Speaker 5: Oh, I didn't say good.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't be welcome. No, we don't like musicals, don't like romance. Well, you know, how do you get on with the excavator? Now? Jack was telling us Friday that he was going to be hiring an excavator that was clearly too big. It was like a maths question at school. So what were the dimensions of this beast of a machine to make it through?
Speaker 3: The space available the hiring websites to do is nine to ninety millimeters wide, and we wanted to get it through a thousand milimeter passageway. I want to thank some of the listeners of this show actually heard me talking about on Friday who begged me not to try to fit in the excavator with no runs.
Speaker 1: For your hands unless you've got a one millimeter finger or you can put a NOWL file down the side to try and you know, drag it in.
Speaker 3: They really begged me to go for a smaller machine, and thank god we did because it was an eight ten I think millimeter in the end. So with one hundred and ninety millimeters space, we still struggled to get it through. Really yeah, because what I didn't think about is the ground was a bit uneven. So with ten mil if the missione.
Speaker 1: Your Marble stadium, we're doing that pitch there where you were excavating it for Gil.
Speaker 3: Maybe you need to actually back.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't look too different than that on the weekend with the dog.
Speaker 1: Poo every week and So those are the excavators. Once you get them up and moving, they're quite a bit. Even a smaller one still have quite a bit of power to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, the small one was all we needed. Really, I don't know why I thought we were digging up with the big one, because chew up the earth, don't they really chew up the earth?
Speaker 1: Its emotion. Take a moment, take a knee if you want.
Speaker 3: I wasn't driving as well, which was another thing. Well, the people who were messaging me who listened to the show, said, please, do you know what you're doing. Don't try and drive this big thing through that small gap. Please hire someone who knows how to do it. So I asked my carpenter. He actually knows how to drive it. So I got him to drive it.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I said, because, like I said, years ago, we were kissed. My dad hired one of these excavators and he went one way, it went another way, and he broke the neighbor's fence panel went through it. It was like kind of a mister being Benny Hill thing. I just didn't carried on going, I'm chewing up the ground, precious card.
Speaker 3: But we still broake something. We went through a storm water pipe and the water pipe noluk in my neighbor's a plumber, because I just went down and knocked on his door. But otherwise we had water spitting out for a while.
Speaker 1: So what was that You didn't know there were like pipes obviously.
Speaker 3: Running through that we did. I think he was going for hoping the pipes were deeper than what they were. So when when our real plumber had when our real plumber had put the water down, he's meant to put it like properly underground, dig a hole and put it underground. And it was shallow level, like you could have dug it up with your hair dodgy.
Speaker 1: This is why people like you and I gent we have a very very flimsy, narrow skill set and we have no business to any Whenever I do anything around the house, it will lower the value of the house. It's actually it's a false cost saving. Get someone an actual grown up round to do it for me.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three On this.
Speaker 1: Day, mystery On this day, Oh, it is the eighty fourth day of the year two hundred and eighty one. Days ago until Christmas, there's two hundred and eighty sleeps and March the twenty fifth, So on this day in history today, March the twenty five, last week in March. Back in nineteen seventy, the world's fastest commercial airliner, Concord. Concord is to take it. We very very very very quickly from London to New York normally around eight hours by traveling twice the speed of sound. That's around about eleven hundred kilometers an hour. Normal airline goes about five hundred kilometers an hour. It we're do it in three hours. Imagine that, so eight hour flight?
Speaker 3: Have we gone backwards? Because every step away with technology we shorten and get more efficient. Why have we gone backwards?
Speaker 1: I know it was a supersonic plane. It stopped flying around two hundred and three, but anyway, two thousand and three or two hundred and three, they didn't even have flight then.
Speaker 5: Didn't I have? Didn't I send off light lasers or something? When they broke the sound barrier in the plane down the cabin there a celebration.
Speaker 1: Yeah really I never went on it, Pats. It only had about seats for eighty two people. Little thing, I've been on it at a museum, tiny little thing.
Speaker 3: So was it not cost effective? Is that why they stopped flying it? Or was it more dangerous?
Speaker 1: No, there was a really bad accident. It crashed in Paris and killed quite a few people, and it was kind.
Speaker 5: Of seen as old, wasn't it. The technology?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think people were worried about getting on it as well, and that's why it sort of wrapped up a couple of years after that, never really fully recovered from it. But on the day in mystery, on the stay in history today March twenty fifth, a world record set in this great southern land. A world record for the world's longest something, the world's longest something.
Speaker 3: Longest piece of string, not.
Speaker 1: Set on the state. Still you lost it to Vienna, along with most Liverpool City. I think that's what tip van to most of Livermool City. They have the world's longest piece of string.
Speaker 5: Was it the longest pub crawl?
Speaker 1: No? I wonder what I wonder is that a world record? What is the world's longest pub? Cruel?
Speaker 3: To be here?
Speaker 1: What do it would go? It would be? I know you'd be up in Queensland. What is it like a month. All right, then give us a call. Then the world's longest A brand new world record was set in this country. It was actually two years ago, so it's a more recent one. Two years ago, twenty seventeen, a world record was set for the world's longest What do you think it was here in Australia nine four one four one oh four three nine four one four one oh four three. I'll give you another clue, because it's Monday and it's Earnie. It was actually set up in Queensland. And when I read the answer, it's like, yeah, that figures. Actually, if there was an area that would set something like that, it would be Queensland. Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 2: If you guess, is the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Put an on this day, Mystery, on this day, Mystery on this day today. Two years ago, twenty fifth of March, a world record was set in Queensland for the world's longest. I think it was Shannon.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: How are you. I'm good you had a good weekend.
Speaker 7: I did very good, indeed excellent.
Speaker 1: What do you think the answer is? The world's longest.
Speaker 7: What I believe it was the world's longest banana split.
Speaker 1: This is so random. I found it out yesterday. I was amazing the world's long longest banana splits set in Innersfeld, Queensland. The world record had been now unbeaten in twenty nine years, and then they made one that was eight kilometers long.
Speaker 3: Ah right, okay, So when you first said it, I thought they had to find the world's longest banana.
Speaker 1: And ak banana. I mean no, there is some big ones at Cole's, but not eight. So they squished bananas end to end forty thousand, So it's forty thousand bananas were used, which is incredible. How did you know that I'm.
Speaker 7: From the channe that eat.
Speaker 1: The record in the Wow? Then what I claim to find You are from the home of the world's longest banana space.
Speaker 3: Well, they got the big banana in Cuffs Harbor. They need in Queensland. They needed the big banana splits straightly.
Speaker 1: It loves all right, Shannon, Thank you very much and cool, thank you so much. Yesterday when I was looking at this, I started to Google it and I saw a photo of it and all these volunteers that were trying to help, but get it already, do about twelve hours to get ready. And then the only thing I could think of, why is radio? We need some audio to go with Banana Splitz. The news thing about it always really boring. And then suddenly I remember one of my favorite kids TV shows as a kid. It was on a Saturday morning we used to have, like Saturday Morning cartoons, was the Banana Splits and this amazing theme tune. If you have a certain age, you remember this great trippy theme tune. Did you get this perch?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we used to get it on a Saturday morning too, I think.
Speaker 1: Ye, along with all the cartoons.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I used to love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, highlight of your weekend was Saturday Morning Cartoons. Do you remember this show? It's a lot of big puppet animals with musical.
Speaker 5: Instruments and those cars they used to drive around on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So these two mind obviously to these various songs, some of which were written by Barry White really really yep. Gene Crooper drummed on some of them as well, Sucka. The songs were amazing as part of the Banana Splits. I absolutely can you remember in the animal's names.
Speaker 5: No, I can't. My brothers would though, because they influenced, you know, got me into it.
Speaker 1: I think there was Fleagel and two or three others. Bonus points today if anyone can call in and remember without going anywhere near the internet, what the other big giant animals were that did the Banana Splitz Adventure hour on nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Holiday for a Song It is back another week. Every single holiday for a song. You listen out for a song, your chance to call it and win a holiday. Today's one. You're off to the beautiful land of Smiles Thailand, amazing country, some of the most friendliest people in the world. You're off two bouquettes, dining by the beach, sipping cocktails by the pool, snorkling through the crystal clear waters. You could be heading into uh Buquette Sanctuary and feeding the elephants. I took my kids and did this. They actually gave the kids machetes to chop up fruit. You ever seen eleven year old kid with a machete. No thank you, Thailand, No thank you. So here is today's song you're listening out for. When you hear this played for a second time, No, right now, it's the first time. When you hear it played again between now and five o'clock, your chance to call in and win today's Holiday for a Song. Off to Thailand. Good luck the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Queen, you are the one bites of dust. That's today's winning song for Holiday for a Song, thanks to Navman. Next time you hear this radio station playing Queen another one bites that does cool in as quick as your little fingers can, darn it. Nine one four. No one does anything these days old school word tap it.
Speaker 3: I'll save it in your phone and just go to contact, go Siri dial gold.
Speaker 1: That's a great lazy way to try and win now, yeah, you could do that nine four one four, one oh four to three the holiday Today, Holiday for a Song, You're off to Picet Thiland. Beautiful player. Have a great time so over the weekend. Then footy is back. I won't see the d's not be kin in an ideal manner against Port Adelaide. One of the interesting things I've found out during the game is that Port Adelaide have just launched a brand new thing for their fans. What do you make of this? A dating app for lonely Poor Adelaide fans to find love with other lonely Poor Adelaide fans. I think this is amazing.
Speaker 3: So they match them up to meet at a game. Isn't that right? So you got on the app and say, hey, I'm looking for love, I want another Port fin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna be sat in this seat. If you're interested, come and find me, yeap.
Speaker 3: And then what I heard is they could they put the actually put them on the big screen and say, hey, this couple's trying to get along today.
Speaker 1: That bit they don't need to do embarrassing, too much pressure on any relationship, even when they there's nothing worse than young couples who've been married. Do you get this sort of time? Oh? Or do we hear the pits a butter of her tiny feet? When are you two going to have children? But when you're on a first date or second or third day, you do want to be up on the kiss cam? Do you? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then they so they asked that they introduced the couple to the crowd and then at three quarter a time, they cross back to them and say, how do.
Speaker 1: They do it on pitch? Sort of on film kind of you know, interview normally with the captains, But how do you think of review it so far? How's it going so far? Well?
Speaker 3: And then you imagine getting dumped in front of you know, a stadium full of forty thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you're happy to meet them there, then you should have to finish with them as well, in front of the crowd. I did this as a unique idea, you know of maybe there's other areas that footie could do this as well. I mean, Colinwood. I know that they they find love the old fashioned way in a pub car park. That's that's how That's how they like to do it. But I'm thinking, is the footy a fertile? Is that the ideal place for romance to happen? You know, You've got someone yelling in your ear, carderpies, you know, and spilling beer down your neck. Can this is where I'm going to find the next love of my life?
Speaker 3: Is true? Bank of my wife? When I first took to the footy, was shocked at how many people were swearing and yelling and see I think it's very.
Speaker 1: Mild compared to what it's like for EPL games, where it is non stop. It's someone's like toarette's abuse to the umpires place.
Speaker 3: You can't even be trusted to Sydney. On another, it's from one side of the stadium has been the other side.
Speaker 1: I still find it incredible that there are no fans segregated here for sports, and I hope you know that never changes and that's what's unique about the sport. But yeah, sometimes for really bad rivalry for EPL teams, you have to stay an hour in the ground until they've got the other lot out on the trains and away. Embarrassing. Not a is annoying. It's embarrassing, really man. Not all fans want to turn to a game and then start fighting on the streets. So I want to know, has anyone ever met their other half at the footy? Yeah? This must happen, do we think.
Speaker 3: I can't think of any of my friends who have met their partner at the footy, but surely of thousands of people going in the footy every weekend must have happened at least one.
Speaker 1: Do you think it would be a good place to take someone on a first date. I don't know then, yeah, and also you don't know. Look what's happened in this opening round one? Right, so many upsets. You'd be really upset if you took them to see your team. You're really excited and they lost. You feel kind of annoyed and peed off, don't you with your team?
Speaker 3: And it can bring out the worst behavior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, help people handle that as well. Anyway, I want to know this one. Is this something that is a good idea? Have you ever met have you met your partner at the footy? Nine four four one O four three nine four one four one I four three give us a call. I still believe in the DS, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Port Adelaide have launched a dating app for Lonely in Love Port Adelaide fans to hook up with other lonely Love Port Adelaide fans. Mark's just texted in here, Christian. They have to have that app for fellow Port fans because they're very limited in proper use of words and like those other views of Mark. Thank you very much for your text. Do you have the footy here? I know they do some America the kiss cam.
Speaker 3: I've seen the kiss cam.
Speaker 4: Oh have they Yeah, I've seen.
Speaker 1: I think you had it here. It's not like in America. It's done on all sort of ice hockey games and football games. It's huge, don't We can't do it in England. I'm afraid because it would basically people pull their pants down start to show the bottoms.
Speaker 3: English soccer fans be trusted with all.
Speaker 1: Wielding like hannimal lecture to watch our national sport and then wield out not all like that. It is a like a politician. It's a tiny minority ruining it for everybody else.
Speaker 3: I've seen a great one at the AFL, which is called the oblivious cam. Well, they'll spot somebody who's on their phone or just staring into space picking their nose, put the cam on them until they notice that they've been up, put up on the big screen, so it can last for a minute while they're just playing on their phone and the crowd's going oh.
Speaker 1: When I was at the D's game at the g Over the weekend, Saturday afternoon is a beautiful Sunday afternoon and a great way to see the g Hoff empty as well, there was an old guy next to it with me who kept lending me his buyos. I gotta be honest, I didn't want to stand out. I'm not entirely sure what I was meant to be looking at that I couldn't already see, so politeness, were you want to have a close up in there? Oh yeah, thank you. I had to use the buy notos for a couple of seconds to make it look good. I was like, oh yeah, okay, amazing having the buyos at the game here to get a close up of Max Gorn's boots. Thank you, sir. All Right, so I want to know, have you ever met anyone at the footy? Is this a good idea? Do you think this radio station is a dating app for the god Gold with people that want to talk about their love of Mondo rock songs on the radio.
Speaker 3: We get started just as people call in, and we'll do it old school.
Speaker 1: We started dating dating service on the show. Here. Lara's on the line. Good morning, Lara, Good morning, Hey Lara, welcome to the show. I hope you had a great weekend, Lara. Have you met someone at the footy?
Speaker 3: I have?
Speaker 7: Back in two thousand and nine, I used to play outdoor cricket and the girls and I were all all Hawthorn supporters, so we used to go to the to the footy and we used to see this guy all the time at the pub, and the girls kind of knew him just to say hello, and I had a big crushing in for a long time. And then he finally got the courriage to excuse they got the carriage to ask me out. And we're all sitting at this table at the pub and he said he came a sat with us, and all the girls vacated from the table very quickly, and he said, can I ask your personal question? I'm care And he says, are you and the guys or girl? And if I of course said guys. But all my friends were all gay. That's why he thought that we all played out of the cricket. That he thought that I was gay as well, so I thought he'd better check first. And yeah, So we always met up at the footy every weekend, and we started dating from that first question, and we've been together for ten years. We've bought a house and got two kids.
Speaker 1: I can ask you what it's amazing, it's congratias. Are you playing coplonk In the background there.
Speaker 7: No, I'm driving to work?
Speaker 3: Well the lever you keep pull.
Speaker 1: Trap game in the background. The indicator maybe was about I go and get the car service. If it is that Lara, thank you very much? She called Lara, have a good week's you call?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 7: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Than it was?
Speaker 1: I thought I was going mad.
Speaker 5: It sounded like yahti you about what board game?
Speaker 1: Is? She driving to work?
Speaker 4: Life must be bad?
Speaker 1: I can't like it was a plunk, but it sounded like a marble one? Didn't it doing a marble? Rather?
Speaker 3: Not something?
Speaker 1: I got no idea.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three and Excess by my side. I don't know whether it's that song or what we've just been talking about, but Jack and I maybe I have stumbled on something here. If Paul Adelaide think the best thing for them to do to look after their fans is to help them date each other with this new fan dating app, I think maybe we should be turning this show into some kind of bordello, the breakfast bardello. Is there a way we can help listeners that would like to date another listener who shares the common love of gold one four point three and and somehow during the show they have a date, maybe during a song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't know exactly how it works it out, but all the prerequist it is is do you like gold?
Speaker 1: YEP?
Speaker 3: Are you single?
Speaker 1: That's all we need to know. Then we know if there's a market demand, as I believe people call it, then we can start to work out how we do an in show dating service for gold one oh four point three. Listeners, Okay, so you need to be single and have a love of gold one oh four point three. All right, if that's you, give me a call nine four one four one oh four three The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So we're making this up in front of your ears like most shows, to be honest, It's started off by me finding out the weekend that Paul Adelaide have got dating service, an actual app now for their fans, so fans can hook up with each other share the love of port ad eight And I think does this radio show do we were missing a trick here? Can we have help people that you know share a common love of gold? One oh four point three. So we started to asking are you single. Do you like this radio station? Let's go from there. Don't know how we run the dates yet, Maria coome morning morning. How are you? I'm good? Thanks for cooling the show. Thank you? You all right? So what do you think about our early idea? At the moment, I think it's an awesome idea. Actually I don't know. I just didn't think him.
Speaker 3: I just picked up the phone for some weird reason.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great, And I hope you don't mind me asking you this, But have you ever used dating services before? Online? Because that's the word the world now, isn't it? It is? And not for a long long time. Yeah, because I guess it feels odd that years ago we were just you just hope that you might meet someone decent. Hanging around a bar or nightclub. Doesn't seem not the best idea anymore, does it? All right? So if we were to try and find another guy that wants to meet up with another gold one oh four point three listener? You know what kind of music do you like? What are your favorite bands? Well? I love Prince, he's my Yeah, he's a favorite. Are you happy to date someone that doesn't like Prince? Or is that a red flag. Oh no, no, no, no, that's fine, okay, problem at all? All right, all right, stay there, let's just speak to Ollie now. He's given us a call as well. Morning Ollie, Christian, How I'm good buddy. So you like gold one O four point three?
Speaker 3: I love go one on four point three?
Speaker 1: Long time listener, good man, first time cooler.
Speaker 3: My first time I've been on a few times actually.
Speaker 1: Eighth time caller. Uh and Oli, you're single at the moment? Yep? Single to mingle, he's got cashphrads as no, he's ready to go, So tell me this then, Ollie. Do you like Prince? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like Prince.
Speaker 1: Come on, I've got tingles. Let's all get a hat. It's happening. It's on, Ollie. How would you feel about going on a date with a marine online one? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm happy you guys setting it up and paying for it.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure whether I'm going to introduce it to our new friend online one. Maria, I can start asking about the cash side of it.
Speaker 3: Are you in it for the date?
Speaker 1: Olie?
Speaker 3: Are the three meal?
Speaker 1: Yes? I'm in it for the Okay, all right, Maria? Do you know the sound of Oli? He likes Prince and Gold one I four point three. It's a start. This is great. So guys, all right and worked out what we're going to do. But how would you feel about during the radio show tomorrow having a date? Okay? Oh yeah, so Maria, you're on board. I'm I'm there, OLLI, yeah, I guess so why not? That isn't the spirit? Oli? Okay, that isn't the spirit. You're not you're not putting the right vibes out there in signals. Ollie. Okay, let me ask you again. Would you like a date during tomorrow's breakfast show, Ma, Maria?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, we'll have a think today about the best way of doing this, but then we'll have our first ever Gold one I four point three dating service date tomorrow. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: You have no idea what was going on from now one at the moment.
Speaker 1: We'll work it out by tomorrow morning, six am. Don't worry. Okay, all right, all right, say tomorrow you two love birds have and thank you bye.
Speaker 3: Okay. They sounded like they didn't trust us so much.
Speaker 1: I don't trust myself now. I think, what the hell are we going to do now?
Speaker 2: The first time O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: How do I tell you about how I now come to own our first Australian house And.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, thank you God.
Speaker 1: This is a really genuinely exciting news for us as we the continual new adventure of life in Australia. And so when I spoke to you Friday, do you remember there was no mention of us looking for a house.
Speaker 3: No. Several weeks ago you went to an open inspection, but haven't heard about it this week, don't.
Speaker 1: We We tried to buy another place two weeks ago, and like so many people are sure you can relate to this. We lost out at the Frenzy. That is an auction. So we both agreed, then let's not put us South through this at the moment. Maybe it's not the right time to buy a universe are trying to tell us this. Let's leave it for a couple of months. See what happens to house prices, the election, all of that. That's how I understood the agreement. And I said goodbye to my wife Saturday morning as I headed off for an uber to go to see the D's at the g and there was no mention of anything to do with houses whatsoever. She was going to take it easy. By the time I'm getting out my uber at the g By Gate two, my wife has started texting me, going, I've just been watching an auction that I happened to pull over and see happening, just to see if I can learn anything. Shall I put a bid in? I'm looking at my phone. I didn't think we were, you know, as you're getting out of the car and I just want to get there. I just want to have it a couple of hours here. I didn't think. I didn't think, and I don't have my glasses with me as well. I didn't drink. I didn't think not yet. I didn't think we were going to buy a place, said it, Matt. This place is lovely. What place? I don't know where you're talking. I'm now meeting my mate. We're keering up outside the Olympics stand. I guess, and I'm sorry about this. My wife might want to put a bit on the house. He went, oh, well down, that's really excited. Went, I don't know where the houses or what the house is. I'm not seeing it. He's like, you joke. I went, no, no, no, no, none of this is a joke. Anyway, it doesn't reach its price or whatever an auction, it gets a sad passed in posting. So I'm thinking, few, we don't have to deal with this. I'll carry on drinking now during the d's obviously, it starts well for about nine minutes, the deserre playing really well. Then it goes into the second half. I meet a man called Titus O'Riley, very very funny guy beg on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a great writer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I followed him. We've often sort of swapped a little messages on social media, as is the modern way of the world these days. And a knowser fan the show, and so someone introduced us to each other at the game. As it got a bit messy on the pitch, it got very messy with him. He likes to enjoy a cold beer and I like to enjoy a cold beer. The rest of the two or three hours, I'm in rounds with him and I'm now, it's a nice phrase I like to describe this point when you've had a couple of drinks and everything's good in the world. I am nicely a lit Then my wife caused me to say I need you to see this house at half six, and I should have said I'm drunk. There's no way I should be looking at something as big as this. No, I go fine. She goes, you're gonna be okay? Do that you have had that much? And more drinks are turning up, and I think, oh crazy, you know you now feel like your eyes are briming with beer. And I'm like, I come here and look at house, but I don't want to let her know. I go, aph not a problem. You're not gonna be drunk, are you? Okay, cause's a couple hours time, half six, Okay, just slow down a bit. Now. I'm not strong enough to slow down at a free bar. I'm not that person. So anyway, I get there at half six and my wife says straight away, oh my god. And the real estate agent is in the path waiting for us. She's like, oh my god. My teenage daughter Ruby's was like, oh my dad, you drunk. Stop saying this. They do the thing where they go phaps. So I'm gonna have a wander around. I fall over going up the stairs. I blame on my teenage daughter. Anyway, the house seems very nice, but you know when you've had a few. Everything's good, isn't it. Yeah? It was that no toilet anywhere, Yeah, in the garden or something. I go to a wife, Yeah, take it, She goes, Are you sure? Should we not come back to a morning? No, I'm not. I'm not that bad. I'm not that bad. I've been drinking for five half hours. I'm bad. We make an offer on this house. An hour later, I'm signing paperwork. I'm thinking at one point, I don't want to sendnything to my wife. I actually forgot my middle name. It's not Peter, is it.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I try and google it, and then I remember what it is, and I'm filling out all these forms. But the deposit and the offer. The next morning, I wake up. You know, you have that thing the night after it's look at one night stand and I go, maybe maybe I should just drive by the house later day to have another look at it, to take it. It's not like a drunken thing and you wake up in the morning and you have a look and go, oh, that's not who I thought. Oh dear, that's not see each other every again. I'm not sure. But anyway, we have the offer accepted.
Speaker 3: We now so what do you remember of the house besides tripping on the.
Speaker 1: Stairs downstairs is really nice. I haven't got a lot of memory about upstairs so much so I said to the kids, aren't all our bedrooms upstairs lovely? When your bedrooms downstairs right that.
Speaker 3: It will be a nice surprise sentiments.
Speaker 1: So we now own a house.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Some people don't handle when you know sport lets them down, and I didn't. The hell was that? You just fall over? Perhaps not?
Speaker 5: I just left the studio, left my booth and the doors very squeaky.
Speaker 4: Doesn't need some studio.
Speaker 1: Doors are meant to be like silent, like a spaceship. Start rattling around.
Speaker 3: Then hurrying back in the paths. I think three days in a row, you've tripped on the way out of this when you come and visit during the.
Speaker 1: Song, obviously Pats, because she's doing news every half now, she's busy, and the you know, the news is constantly evolving and breaking and changing. Pats doesn't have legs. She has wheels. She wheels herself around, doesn't she. So I think it was some of her trolley the wheels and it's like a supermarket one, you know, where one leg goes one one that the one goes together, which is why she clatters around someone. But Chack, you just came in to chat and see how it does. And Jack was all is a bit salty with you just and it was getting Bombers aren't the only team to lose this weekend, the North. They're North one by greater loss than us. But no one's raving about the North and drinking your bomber's bath water, which the media you have done over the last come is go whist the Bombers everyone, Yeah, watch them be rubbish.
Speaker 3: I think every half hour you've given us a slap in the faith.
Speaker 1: Pats tough on the Bombers, tough on the courses.
Speaker 5: Lost like that's it, that's fine, facts black and white.
Speaker 1: You want to hear you do the sports news like that. More aggressive Bombers. I'm talking to you your lost Bang, that's that story dealt with next one England. You're screwing up breaksit Bang, sport done, Pats.
Speaker 4: Out drop the mic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the greatest sport round up ever. That's all we need to say today. Basically, all right, it's today for this Morning's Misheard Lyrics. Some of the Hall of Famous send in Monday's Misheard lyrics. Big john as a guy makes the top five for us every single Monday. You send us yours as well. Some of the best ones he's found over the last couple of weeks Selene dear On the hot dogs must go on, not the heart must go on, even.
Speaker 4: Hotach.
Speaker 1: I could hear this every day, To be honest, it would never tie for me. I'm not a big fan of Seleen d On. This. This makes me I now look forward to hearing this song heaven but hotag, I believe that the hot dogs go on. You one good uncovered a couple of weeks ago. Phil Collins. Yeah, we've all heard it as invisible touch Or is it she seems to have an invisible Todda? All right, then, so brand new ones. Let's go to led Zepp led Zeppelin and the awesome immigrant song. Robert Blant screaming, then I want to go where there's a West End show? Right? Or is he simply saying he wants to go where there's a restaurant show? Yes, damn it, I love that song. Big Johnny ruined it. He wants to take in a restaurant show. Yep, all right, let's go to the Who the classic? Who are you? I remember throwing punctures around? This might be a new Hall of Famer? Or is Roti Daughtry saying I remember throwing budgies around. What's more, I remember throwing budgies around. Yep, that works. I like that. And then we go to Christoper High on Emotion. If you're too familiar with the song, I never heard it. I am high on emotion? Or is he saying I'm high on emulsion?
Speaker 3: What's emulsion?
Speaker 1: It's a paint. You get, mattch you get emulsion. It's a type of paint. Emulsion is a type of paint. Yeah, that's just about that. Kenny clarkson Misindependent, What happened to miss Independent? Or is it what happened to my cinnamon bun? What? That's another Hall of favor there? That's the best one this morning, besting show? Happened to my cinnamon bun? Butt?
Speaker 2: On?
Speaker 1: John well done? Jack's not gonna like this one. But Donna like a prayer. We think she's singing. Let the choirs sing? Or is it level crossing? Oh? Yeah, saying level crossing, but Donna's warning about the level crossing changes.
Speaker 3: With a bit of a w on the I.
Speaker 1: All right, big John, thank you very much. We go through your misshard lyrics. Next, train Drops of Jupiter. If you ever hear any you want to send them in to me, you can email me Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. Will go through yours.
Speaker 2: Next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three time na A, Part two of Monday Morning's Misheard Lyrics sys go through some of the best of your ones that you've sent to me if you want to email me them Christian at Gold one four three dot com dot au. We have already done the Cold Chisel, one Cheap Wine and a three legged Goat, or if there's about undred those coming on text, we have done that one. But thank you. If you hear any more, let me know. All right, Let's get to Adra and listens to show all the way into work a Halsh song living Daylights theme tune as well to the Bond movie Space comes the Morning and the Headlights fade away right Space or Asian is now hearing Come the Morning and the head lice, fade away, Yes, come the morning and finally the shampoo weren't the headlights is? They're falling away? All right? This one comes from Lizzie. Her one is a big old Mickey be song Michael Bolton? How can we be lovers if we can't be friends? You can't miss hear this classic? Can you? Oh? You can? How can we be lovers if we can't beat France? Let's that again? How can we be lovers if we can't beat France? Yeah? That's it govern as well. Email me yours, Christian of Gold one o four three dot com dot au, The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 1: So last week ugly, ugly scenes, really awkward situation that you put this show in. Jack.
Speaker 3: I got a shed for free from our producer Brad because we needed one. Then we had it at home for a while and we decided we didn't actually need it.
Speaker 1: No, this is where I take contention with this. There's no wi You're during the show and then suddenly go oh god when you see that your wife has decided to sell it without warning you on gum Tree. Sell a shed given for free by our producer who he said he was offered four hundred bucks for it, but he knew you guys, you'd spend a lot of money doing your reno. He's trying to help a guy out. You see that, and you're showing the finger and go, I'm going to try and make a hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: Well, Bianker listening for seventy five dollars, and we should have actually put more. After we spoke about it on the shows. We actually had a lot of inquiry.
Speaker 1: He did come back radios. I turned on radios God one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: The producers Bread shared good news seventy five bucks on the weekend. We want to give the money to Brad, but I'm just thinking, what how much of that seventy five dollars goes to Brad?
Speaker 1: Oh it's brad Shed. Yes, but they merely looked after it for a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you got to keep in mind we did the like this seller should get some cost. And also I had to help the guy lift the shed into his trailer, all six parts of it.
Speaker 1: So what you think, well, I'm just had it shed for free that you're now going to take some kind of shifters for it for you for lifting it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that half?
Speaker 1: Do you think? No, it's it's nothing. Let's get producer brand on the awful producer back cheap old microphone, the Macha's drive through microphone. You deserve all.
Speaker 3: The money now, all the money and you're still own me for the car parking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you've actually own ninety five dollars and I think it's interest as well, so around it up to one hundred. It's a very bad cup of days year, the Bombers losing and now this.
Speaker 3: But Brad, would you agree it is annoying to sell something on gum Tree. You've got to work out a time with the person. Oh okay, I'll make a now clear my Sunday morning so you can come out, yes, or help a lot?
Speaker 1: Is ther question? Isn't it annoying when you turned down four hundred dollars for a shed? You give it to someone because they need some help, and they turn around and make money off you. It was a housewarming gift to help out two people who are struggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we'll take you and your wife out to dinner.
Speaker 1: I know it's a cash deal now, given the seventy five bar.
Speaker 3: Right, you won the seventy five dollars cash. Don't make absolutely you want all right, yep, I'll bring in tomorrow.
Speaker 1: So if he didn't ask it, because he's a good guy, would you have kept the money? And could you couldn't.
Speaker 3: I would have taken him and his wife out to dinner.
Speaker 6: He'd have never invited me around because he would have said, where's the ship?
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So this is really exciting. Then Melbourne Comedy Festival back this year, starts this week and first time I been here to enjoy your comedy festival. I've done Edinburgh Comedy Festival a couple times, which is not the world's biggest one, and then the next biggest one just behind that is right here in Melbourne. And there are so many acts that I know who are coming over to do it. I'm looking forward to going to sing and so hopefully discovering some new ones as well. But there's a guy who I've seen many times called Rob and a Bandoman the show's called a Banderman. They are here and I thought we've got to get them onto the show. I can't recommend his show enough. Rob.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hello, that's very lovely of you. Thank you.
Speaker 6: We've done We've done the Edinburgh Fringe together multiple times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I'm here. I've been part of your advance party. I've been sort of getting everyone ready for when Rober is here from a bandoman.
Speaker 6: I landed last night and I got so excited. So I knew I was coming on Goal this morning, but I didn't know that I was coming on the Christian.
Speaker 1: I hope that wasn't an unwelcome surprise, gir who's never really cared for that guy back in England the lot thing.
Speaker 3: I thought you must have requested Christian because connection.
Speaker 1: Now, Christopher, because I know when if you come and when people find out what you do why it's such a great show that is different every single night. And so I've done that. I've been to see your show every time afternoon the festival. Got on my radio show and I don't know if you also remember a couple of years ago we did one of those awful the worst things you can ever be asked to do, are go and appear at a school fundraiser with you where you go and have to do a gig in a school hall raising money for some light new wing or a minibus CEA. We did one of those about six or seven years ago.
Speaker 4: Am I ride and saying the school was very wealthy.
Speaker 1: We up there it was a hobwatch and I'm like, thank you guys for coming. We're trying to raise money for a new minibus. And I'm thinking, yeah, I definitely was.
Speaker 6: I definitely have a feeling that like let in you know, a coarter of a new student in new guy of go there like this is this is not the local cancel run education? Do you want to be Mary's teaching five classes at the same time, she's missus doubt firing from.
Speaker 4: Room to room.
Speaker 6: It was just like, you know, at the moment it's a ratio of one teacher that it's you that was pretty stressed.
Speaker 1: It's a definition of first world problem. So I'm thinking, you don't need a mini bush.
Speaker 4: They definitely didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the one is only about six months old. Why do you want to get rid of that? So anyway, how many times have you done in Melbourne comedy?
Speaker 6: This is this is only my second time. So my first time I had a lovely run, but a very interesting one. So I jumped on stage on night three, so I did, uh Thursday, Friday, Saturday Saturday night did later of Max Watts jumped up, came down, broken the on stage. Yeah, broken the on stage. So dropped to the ground, rolled under the curtain and just hid there as the crowd were like clap.
Speaker 1: Do you think this was part of the show? Because if I saw that? Or like, why do they get these ideas?
Speaker 4: Do you fair?
Speaker 6: So many people afterwards thought it was the cockiest exit.
Speaker 4: So to the crowd, it looks like.
Speaker 1: The pilot.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it came down, broke the knee, and literally as people were clapping, I just I knew, I knew what had happened. So I just tucked and rolled and then I just laid the training teach you that and then you don't move the show.
Speaker 3: You're a very physical part of the show. Or is it because it's music based? So are you just doing tepp jumping at the crowd start?
Speaker 6: Watched Diplo from Major Lazer do a DJ set and at the.
Speaker 1: End, I've seen you right, there's no move. A little bit.
Speaker 6: Before welcome very much, and like a man who just heard jump around, I took him very literally.
Speaker 4: So yeah.
Speaker 6: So so my whole time in Melbourne to spend on crouchets. So all my memories in Melbourne are people go, do you want to go here? I go, let me see, and then I check the Google maps and it was two hundred meters away.
Speaker 4: I go, lads go on ahead, shirt.
Speaker 3: So what are the rest of the shows, like, are you wheeling yourself around?
Speaker 6: I had, I used my crutches, I got on stage and then I take a seat, and a bit that I got really into, i'd use the microphone stand to kind of hoist myself up. But I never told the crowd on the.
Speaker 1: Same thing for his live work as well, you get out the chair for a bit, and but it.
Speaker 4: Was I left with so much energy.
Speaker 6: So when you finished the show every night because I hadn't stood up, He'll be like do you want to go enough? And I'd be like, do you know what, I'm just going to chill for fis.
Speaker 1: I'll be like, yeah, like you now this year just on a throne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this year. I'm actually frankly livid that they're.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, you're going to move around?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I requested a smaller stage.
Speaker 6: Yeare a set that gives me no room to move. It's it's you know, just trying to limit that. Uh you know, I've got I've got bananas oranges at a halftime. I've really I've worked it out, trying to create the experience again, So so.
Speaker 1: Your match fit, you've just done adelaide as well, like you know a lot of the Communians go and get everything ready and raise a shop then so you're ready for Melbourne.
Speaker 6: Feeling And where are you wor Spiegel Tent a thirty every night beside the Opera House. So yeah, eight thirty every night by Mondays, I think Sundays when man seven thirty. I'm complicating you with too much information. Fun fact about the Spiegel Tent last year as first, sorry two years ago. When I came, what I didn't know is they've given out a couple of comps, which is, you know, it's never been here before, so they were like, let's give away some comps. Nobody told me this, and because it was the opera House, it was a much older crowd. So so for the first you know, a couple of days, I was like, what's in our market? Because every time I go what's your job, they go, I'm retired, and it happened like I'm dying it would happen in twelve times. And there was a time I genuinely went to someone I went, can I see the coffee we sent to Melbourne because we have put in some BuzzFeed word that the retired community are.
Speaker 1: Like fresh has tour of retirement homes.
Speaker 6: And I'd be like, genuinely, I started going like, was the Wu Tang really big?
Speaker 4: Like did the Wu Tang play here?
Speaker 1: Like you know people that.
Speaker 6: I just was like, did something happen? Was tupac from the area? I could not figure it out?
Speaker 2: And it was.
Speaker 6: It was literally when I was back in England, I got an email and was showing me like who was in And then I saw in the first couple of days, I was like, that makes so much sense. But I love for the whole time it kind of became the normal crowd. Over the whole time, I was like Melbourne's weird man. Just that that over seventy audience loves hip hop.
Speaker 1: That is our target demo here and God won at four point three. So if people don't know what you do, how would you describe what your show is? Because it is unique every night, which is what I like about.
Speaker 6: A great question. I realized now that we've not mentioned it at all. So it's a hip hop show. It is fully freestyle, so every single word is improvised based on chats with the crowd, and it's conversational. It's you know, my job is to make the crowd feel at ease. But what I'm trying to ask is I love little slices of life. So somebody I'll ask, like, what's of minor adversity you've been through recently? Somebody was invited to a barbecue, asked to bring halloom me, they broughte feta and genuinely got bullied by a vegetarian. So little things like that, So you ask these questions that or you know, what's something you'd be excited to discover your partner could do six months in and keep a PG. Thirteen to try and recreate kind of traditional style sounding hip hop songs, but very much about slices of life from the room. Every single word is improvised, and that's the joy of it.
Speaker 1: The joy is I've seen you do it with someone's a shopping receipt that you just like.
Speaker 6: But the joy is people sometimes go do you hope self will get repeated, and it's the opposite of that. You're kind of you're looking for the random because it sparks having retire It was you. No, there is nothing like the confidence of a recently retired person.
Speaker 1: You'd go, I don't care anymore? Do they?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you just ask any question.
Speaker 6: Who's got before you've asked the end, they're like, right here, right here, I've lived a life.
Speaker 1: Tell us a race you don't like? No, not that bad question. Now, all right, So you're going to give us an example. Now what do you need from Jack and I?
Speaker 6: So this is what we're going to try. We're going to do a little something something. What I'd like is this, So sometimes in the show we're kind of looking for people's hopes and dreams. Christian O'Connell, you moved here coming up, it was a nine months ago. You arrived at June June last year, So you're coming up in your one year anniversary. Genuine question and it's for both of you. What's something you'd like to what are the things you'd like to achieve in the next three months to say you've gotten the most outier year, sillier, the better little things, you know, write your own I don't know karate Kid.
Speaker 4: Musical about that. Honestly, it's good.
Speaker 1: You play a mean Johnny, you play meme Johnny. All right, let's clear the app right, we'll come back. We'll give this a go. Okay, Rob, so lovely, thank you, Christian O'Connell.
Speaker 2: Breakfast Show Melbourne's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So one of my tips then lots of great sh I used to go and see the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, which begins this week. One I want to recommend is Rob and you can see a show a band Oman which we just found out during the song You've got the location wrong. It's got one job on this right, just to say where you are for four weeks.
Speaker 6: My my vocal might have flipped up due to jet lag from a ago. It's a half hour time difference. So yeah, so it's the Art Center, guys.
Speaker 3: They probably do do opera there at the Art.
Speaker 4: They definitely had an arbor. It was a big opera, that's.
Speaker 1: What I saw. Okay, you're going to start your way out having butterfly drop it again, yes, madam, all right, So Rob show every single night is improvised rap. Yes, this is a tough sell. Some people might be going, I'm not sure about this. Hear what is going to do now? And normally when some people say we do in for my stuff, some of them like to know in advance. The improviser Jack just said, do you want to know what ours are? Now? And Robert side, now this is.
Speaker 4: Properly life and a kind of pause you of my life. There's a bit of me going.
Speaker 6: If there was a voiceover, it'd be like, at that moment I should have realized I should have like three minutes a guy be like, Okay, what rhymes with iron jack?
Speaker 4: What rhymes with orange? Nothing rhymes with iron jack? You ruined me.
Speaker 6: I'm going home. You see me outside the opera house on the streets. So let's try this. This is what we're gonna do every time I point out a jack in Christian Christian we might start with you.
Speaker 4: We'll see where it takes us.
Speaker 6: You're gonna throw in something you'd like to achieve in the dying embers of your first month. Yeah, we're gonna see where this goes. There's no rules, just gonna see where it goes. Ladies and gentlemen, you're listening to Christian O com the Man, the legend arrived here ninth of June, ninth of June last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he a so tonight.
Speaker 6: Man's free from Great Britain, and you know that we'd be hyping listening Christian we enter that.
Speaker 4: Man, you know, man for crack.
Speaker 6: Let's start with the first one.
Speaker 4: With Christian and Jack Christian. Something that you'd like to achieve?
Speaker 1: Uh, star in Roadhouse the Musical's the musical? What is?
Speaker 4: What is Roadhouse Square?
Speaker 1: Very quickly Patrick Sweeney's greatest movie about midget monsho.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, man, it's crazy.
Speaker 6: You know that you genuinely look like Patrick swayzey and Jack brother Man. You know I got to warn Yeah, nobody here puts baby in the corner.
Speaker 4: Hey, you know, man defeats so fast.
Speaker 6: On a first I was into like dirty dancing, and after that I'm just like, hold out, no doubt. What's the best Swayze movie at Roadhouse? Yeah, we're doing this, you know, man, start those spark flows and after that you starving.
Speaker 4: Donny dark Oh Rob, we're doing that.
Speaker 6: You know that that staff now going for the crack next to justin Big Jack.
Speaker 3: My wife wants us to open a bookshop that only stucks books. That we've read and recommend.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, yeah, man read and writing. Who wants a bookshop with only eno lighting?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, man, crazy vibe.
Speaker 6: How many books you've got, We've got famous vib Hey eight, as soon as like the people they control in Jack is like your friends j k rowling up.
Speaker 4: In the place. Man, it's off the hub. Make some noise for Jack at his wife.
Speaker 6: They got the books a tonight, man, listen, like for Ages, we going with Jack and then we turn in different pages.
Speaker 4: But lit sen third one man kicked them. Let's go before June. Let's go Chris June.
Speaker 1: I let the D's to win the Grand Final.
Speaker 6: Okay, the D's. Who are the De's? Christian, you were using a lot of words the demons. Hey, that's right, you know, man, for Ages, frands matter respecting like the demon Satan.
Speaker 4: Yet you know, man, that came so swell.
Speaker 6: Christian only watches sports players from hell. Hey, that's right, fan of the legends. He only wants to watch dead David Beckham. Yeah, believed they never will be beat in. Make some noise, watch watch the ds win. Get the D's win, peeps, and the deep Man's, Well you about to do this man.
Speaker 4: Jack, bring the heat.
Speaker 3: Win you about to do this?
Speaker 4: Drop it?
Speaker 6: Please use a colloquialism, rocking d's yep, Jack right there? Yeah, of course, Man, drop it to the mic.
Speaker 4: Brother. Give us number four.
Speaker 3: We need to build a fence at the house because recently we had a stranger walk into our backyard.
Speaker 6: No doubt, man, this is the best You'll probably sell the Boddy fence you did.
Speaker 1: With the shed.
Speaker 4: Hey, man, keep it a class. I'll see your house next week. But it's still just grass.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 4: You know right there, a sir, a sir.
Speaker 6: He's at the grass man looking for danger, thinking man, build a fence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a lot of fun. Jack, you're the Melbourne version.
Speaker 6: Of Donald Trump. I'm not kidd and y'all blah blah blah blah. We shoul build a bloody wall. Hey, you know, man, I tell them friend, for Gosh's sake, Man, let them in. Hey, we're doing this like's going out of fashion, Christian.
Speaker 4: We grab them. This will be the last one the bite. Now you might supply before the ninth of Joe.
Speaker 1: Man number five, tell them the news is coming up next, is that right? Man?
Speaker 4: You know I'm into that.
Speaker 6: We're all getting words in our ears from Brad. I'm sorry, Brad, It's not what I'm used to, but forget about you, sir. I will be the producer. Guess what me, I'm the producer, Brad.
Speaker 4: Guess what? There is no bloody news here.
Speaker 6: And you know man, listen back in the spot, Big Jack, Big Christian.
Speaker 1: Oh my wife. Awesome, awesome, awesome. That's why I need to go and see rob show abandon Man eight.
Speaker 4: Thirty eight thirty beside the Art Center.
Speaker 6: Guys, get a right, a Spiegel tent, a beautiful German Spiegel tent, and everything is improvised and it's very gentle. It was recommended as one for your family, which I quite liked. Yeah, I would say that the moms bring, the dads, bring the children that are over fourteen.
Speaker 1: No one's going to be upset. It is a wildly entertaining show. And I promise you we gave you nothing in advance of fact. No, No, Jack made it the hardest I've ever seen anyone make you work for that. Tell us something, tell.
Speaker 4: Us a backstory to.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 4: I thought it was beautiful.
Speaker 6: You did very well, and you let your partner know that this weekend is going to be a special one, and we're finally going to the do I story Darling going to build.
Speaker 1: A fence Rob absolutely outstanding, Such a pleasure for you wrapping head away. You've got to come back on the show because that was brilliant.
Speaker 2: I would be very very good to go and see Amanda Man, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that one. Our producers have copied it over twice. We don't have our thing for the work time waster.
Speaker 3: Damn, it won't feel like the time.
Speaker 1: All right, today's that work time waster. Tickets for the best one to the next ten minutes to go to Disney on ice. We're asking you to combine a combined a band and a movie. I've got Jaman Jimmy Barnes, Oh stretch, No, it's not at all Jaman Jimmy Barnes band and a movie jam and Jimmy Barnes ac d C. No evil here, no evil, thank you. Ferris Bueller's Green Day Off.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: There will Beg's love blood, Sorry, there will Beg's blood, and dude, where's my Irene? Car don't know the film dude, where's my car? I show doesn't go by, someone doesn't drop in, and dude, where's my car?
Speaker 2: On this?
Speaker 1: All right? Jack? What have you got them for? Combine a banded movie.
Speaker 3: Spice girls with the dragon tattoos, the Chemical step Brothers, Yeah, Chemical brothers, Chemical step brothers, Beach boys in the hood, that's good. The girl with a pearl jam earring nice?
Speaker 1: Okay, send us yours them the best ones tickets, Go and see Disney on Ice Family Boss text numbering then is so you do? Combine a band in a movie is oh four seven five three one oh four three oh four seven five o three one oh four three and mark them in ten minutes time.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Today's time waste. We're asking you to do. Merch a band and a movie. Family tickets going to see Disney on Ice up for grabs. You're ready to mark? Ready? Willie Walker on the Hot Chocolate Factory, Silver plus Chicken Run DMC very good. There we go. The Cat Empire strikes back. Gold, I'm David and Basewater, Rosemaries, Baby Animals, Gold Mellow, Mitcham Ten Things I have about you. Am I m Silver, Glen the Wizard of Ozzie Osborne.
Speaker 3: Gold.
Speaker 1: They're ow well done, Iron Maiden Manhattan.
Speaker 3: Gold plus.
Speaker 1: I love the way I've just seen this. How they knew that that was a good one. They've gone Iron Maiden Manhattan and then in capitals might drop ash very good. Twisted Sister Act Silver Free, Woody Smith Gold twelve Angry Men at Work Silver plus. Ten things that I hate you Ten things I hate about you too, better Gold, Edward Scissor Sisters Gold plus, Mark in Thornbury, Well done, fine this morning Decked the Hall of Notes silver plus. Well done everyone.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show one four point three.
Speaker 5: Well my husband, my twenty year marriage is stooped to a new low at the weekend.
Speaker 1: What's happened?
Speaker 5: So Audrey's been doing craft. The seven year old's been doing craft and has lost the scissors Chris needed to trim his manky toenail. So I've come into the kitchen and there's a steak knife sitting on the bench. He said, don't don't touch the steak knife. I said, why what are you doing? He said, oh, it needs to go through the dishwasher. I had to improvise and try to cut my toenail with the steak knife.
Speaker 1: Listen, macguiver, don't be doing that with the steak knife. So how do you trim your nails with a stain? Nil?
Speaker 5: So I asked him that, I said what sorry? So he said, I had my foot up on the bench.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised your husband the Werribee love machine. I'm surprised that he would do so. I don't even know how you tremor now with the stain.
Speaker 3: Do you sow or do you nails?
Speaker 5: But how it's got talons is it's like crow out of dumb and dumber that scene grinder that.
Speaker 1: Need the industrial grinders gusting rough gross.
Speaker 5: So I threw the steak knife out.
Speaker 4: What I threw it out?
Speaker 1: You kind of throw cutlery out, threw it out?
Speaker 3: I would discust so because then every time you go to the drawer, you're not sure which one it was.
Speaker 1: You're right. Also, it's the thought that it's been you know, it might have toe jam still in the little grooves of it, and there's too much there. So I should have said the world the phrase there toe jam.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: What's up with you with a T shirt? Today? By the way, we're just going an end today show. I keep itjusting it.
Speaker 3: I know, I just it's only you and I threw it in the wash for the first time over the weekend. Has it shrunk or misshaping?
Speaker 1: Does it look to hang the same as all your T shirt? Can't?
Speaker 3: Because you can't be comfortable today.
Speaker 1: There's nothing worse when you get in your head. There's something about your clothing. Is it is scratchy or not right? And it actually ruins your whole day. It sounds pathetic, but it does, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: I have been fidgeting all day, haven't I. I haven't even realized that. But I've just been readjusting all morning.
Speaker 1: I remember once doing a normal thing of waiting for my wife to get ready, and she goes, I'm ready. I know what I'm not gonna be long, I know what outfit I'm going to wear. Anyway, five minutes of all the taxi comes, I go and see watching them. She sat on the bed in a bra and pants, crying. Have you had some bad news? I can't wear that outfit? Whoa, what what's gone on? I know you're trying to rush me. I just Chris, I can't wear it. Look at it. But you liked it an hour ago. You've worn it before. You loo's great in it. What's happened now?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I said to it. I don't even know what to say. I might as well just wear a tracksuit pants. She's crying, as if life itself was over anyway. Tal of today's show to jam We're back tomorrow morning. Don't forget you're listening out for Queen and another one bites attached. That's your track today, try and win a holiday to Thailand. Good luck.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three