Speaker 1: Welcome to them Christian non show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, So this week three big TV shows, huge TV shows all over the world, a massive here in Australia have all ended. Actually Monday it was Succession, then there was a great show called Barry and then last night No Spoilers, Ted Lasso and all done very well. Actually, and there are plenty of TV shows that end don't end very well, And I guess it's so hard. I could think of like, oh, my wife and I watched Lost all the way through, and then as it went on you realize they're actually making up as ago, because I think they really they only thought it was going to go for season or two. Suddenly they're four and five in they're going, Actually, where are we going with all this?
Speaker 1: Non see?
Speaker 3: What happened with the Lost Riders? Is it's fun to make up mysteries. Yes, anyone can make up a mystery. Yeah, to bring it all together tricky part.
Speaker 1: My wife and I were furious.
Speaker 2: We went a bit angry, We went to bed anger. We had an argument not with ourselves but with Lost. How dare they? How could they do this? It was so short changed by Lost in terms of shows that done it really well. I thought Breaking Bad was beautiful, beautiful ending. I thought both the UK and the American offices ended really really well as well, like it was a really good ending. Sopranos and a lot of people were unhappy. I thought it was the perfect ending. I still think that's a great ending. Shows that didn't do so well. Game of Thrones truly truly let everybody down. Thousands of million hours I put into that show, were searching online, reading up on it to check o Understall. With all the various goings on a horrible, horrible ending.
Speaker 3: Don't you think it tarnishes the show's reputation. Baker loved Game of Thrones and then, like you, she was annoyed it however it ended. And now she it's like she hated Game of Thrones.
Speaker 1: You to love it.
Speaker 3: You used to wait for a Monday. He used to couldn't get home early enough so that you could turn on the episode.
Speaker 2: Sixty to seventy hours of great TV and then one hour they go idiots. Same with Dexter as well, if anyone watched that show, brilliant show ended really badly. Uh Seinfeld one of my favorite comedies of all time, but that last the last episode is awful.
Speaker 3: It was so bad. I watched Out again recently just to see because it was so controversial at the time. I remember people hated it and they couldn't really outrun this fact that they made a bad episode. It was way too self aware where they brought back all the recurring characters. It was like a pat on the back of.
Speaker 2: Li It's more like a show about the show. Yeah, and they were so unaware. They were in their own world. I didn't want to see it and reflect about that they knew what we knew about the characters. Well said, it was likely where breaking the fourth wall? I think they called it a drama. What do you think of the TV shows that have ended?
Speaker 1: Well? Did you like Succession?
Speaker 3: I loved I've been off social media blackout for two days. Well, I couldn't watch it until last night, and we watched it finally last night, and it was all the Dreams. It was.
Speaker 1: Lost.
Speaker 3: Who finishes with this? All the Dream and Adam Sandler movie Click? That's right, the ending of Click is actually it was all the.
Speaker 2: Dream only Adam the Sandman can just about get away with that.
Speaker 1: We go that is a crop of it is Sam.
Speaker 3: But Succession will go down as one of my favorite shows of all time, and the finish was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you think about Sex and the City? I know you're a massive and that split the fans.
Speaker 4: I love the end of the first series, so the second Yeah, going into the second one, well, you know, I was just absolutely blindsided by killing killing off Big. That was like, oh, I really had to make a conscious decision of do I continue investing my time in what is my favorite series?
Speaker 1: Which I were you more of a fan of him than the rest of the.
Speaker 4: No, everything but that it's all about the love story between Big and Carrie, and it's like this undying, everlasting, breathless love and they've killed him off and.
Speaker 1: It's like, what breathless?
Speaker 2: I'm going to actually going to message my wife and so, look, the kids are outside, they why don't you have some breathless love?
Speaker 4: What's we were both Chris and I both watched it. We had tears streaming to It's like, how.
Speaker 3: Could they do? It's good? Sometimes you want TV shows too.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, some of them fludgents our site with Ted Lasso, that's good.
Speaker 4: Breathless tis well. It stirs emotion in you, isn't it? That's what a good show does, is it makes you feel something.
Speaker 1: So I guess, yeah, I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Succession made me feel a dark, beating high in that show. I feel bad ending is how.
Speaker 1: We'd call it.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast two.
Speaker 1: Much TV shows.
Speaker 2: All the big TV shows ending this week, Ted Lasso Succession if you like Barry us well. As we were talking earlier about some of the shows that have ended well and some of the ones that haven't done so well, one thing you realize, actually we are living in a time of.
Speaker 1: A golden age of TV. I' so likely, right, even.
Speaker 2: Though we were upset about one hour of about fifty hours, there aren't movies that can actually do what these long running seasons. You know they have two hours, they do have a twenty or thirty hours if you had up a couple of seasons. Just how many great TV shows we are we've enjoyed at the moment, so once end and don't end well.
Speaker 3: I think that's why people feel so upset when a TV show ends badly is because you've put in this investment of thirty forty six hours.
Speaker 2: I think it's like a relationship. It's the last time he saw them. Took a dump in your guard?
Speaker 1: Why would you do?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: That's all I'm gonna remember.
Speaker 1: I forgot all the good time.
Speaker 3: Can I throw one more foul during the song? If anybody is watching The Undoing, please just turn the volume down now because I have to spoil the enything to just say how badly it is. The Undoing Nicole Kidman and Hugh Grant all the way through the series, really good. It looks like Hugh Grant has committed the murder, Like, how are they? It looks like it's him. Has he been framed? What is the twist going to be?
Speaker 5: How?
Speaker 3: I can't imagine it wasn't him? Get to the last episode? Oh it was him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go on, really bad Hugh Grant sort of OJ carshesh, there's no action. He was running away from the lack of plot, like driving away from the car crash that the show became so we were laughing.
Speaker 1: It was so late, all right, wanted to do it really well. I don't remember the ending.
Speaker 3: How did Frank and.
Speaker 4: They just walked out of the apartment, didn't they? It was like all of them as a group.
Speaker 2: Guys show you know, and Friends like that is one of the greatest comedy shows there rio How did it end?
Speaker 4: Remind us be sure that it's Ross and Ross running to Rachel in the plane.
Speaker 3: The plane isn't trying to get it as she goes to leave, but he had to leave the apartment to get.
Speaker 2: All right, somebody this Christian I absolutely loved Lucifer cried my ouset when the final scene isn't came out. But the last episode was terrible. Suits finished off on a really good note. The marvelous missus masl also finished about it this week. That was great from start to finish. Six Feet Under, I really love the ending of that Big band Theory ended well.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Emily. Emily, Emily wish TV show ended well? Wish, didn't you?
Speaker 7: And for one that didn't end well, I'm going the one that ended demonstrably terribly in many people opinion, hopefully mine as well. If any of y'all watched How I Met Your Mother, I.
Speaker 2: Watch this and just drifted away from it because it wasn't very good. But was it a terrible ending? A lot of people are messaging me actually on our texts, are all saying this show as well.
Speaker 1: Was a terrible ending, horrible ending.
Speaker 7: Horrible, but not necessarily because it's bad, but because, like y'all were saying, the investment we all put in. Yeah, and remember this horrible return.
Speaker 2: How did they if you think you're going to get around to watch this show at some point it has been out for years, turn the radio down right now?
Speaker 1: How did it end?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 1: What did they do at the end of it?
Speaker 7: Well, during the series they speckle in a whole lot of clues and hints, and she'll have she loves this thing and that thing, and you want to put it all together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because she's explaining to his kids the whole way through, this is the story of how I met your mother, But you don't know who the mumm is, correct?
Speaker 7: Correct? So you're waiting and you're thinking, is that that peasants with this person?
Speaker 1: But you know, we.
Speaker 7: Haven't met her yet over nine seasons, and you're waiting, And in the final episode he meets her and she's the most beautiful actress and we're invested as an audience and it's a gorgeous meet cute and in the last ten minutes they immediately wrap it up. They kill her off. She gets Canada. He's a widow and.
Speaker 1: How this is a bit this last episode?
Speaker 7: Will were Dad? Maybe go for your friend instead? And he goes, that's a great idea, kids, let's go to the friend through.
Speaker 1: The whole thing equivalent of that.
Speaker 2: It was all the dreams. That's shocking. I was so angry. I really I'm throwing some of the TV. If you pulled that one, that's horrible, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 7: It on YouTube?
Speaker 6: And what had you?
Speaker 7: So many whop have got together and they filmed the ending that they wanted instead because they're like.
Speaker 1: Here you go, a great idea. The fans cut. That's a great idea to choose your own ending. I think you can.
Speaker 2: I choose your adventure, Emily. That's a great call. Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, thanks guys. Belinda, good money. Belinda. You also liked The Good Place. What a great show that was.
Speaker 6: I loved The Good Place so much. I have watched it like four or five times, right through from the start to the end. You're really such a commitment. Yes, I have absolutely loved it.
Speaker 1: And the ending was good, wasn't it?
Speaker 6: The inning is fantastic. I just love how all the characters has got their closure and it made me happy sob as well. I cried my eyes out, but in a good way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Fantastic. One of those TV series where you like, Actually, I think that ended at.
Speaker 7: The right time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did.
Speaker 2: They turned it perfectly, and I love how to explain the afterlife as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't recommend that show enough. It's a great show, good place, very funny, and very moving.
Speaker 6: Actually it is. It's absolutely hilarious and the character development over the whole series is so good and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: We should work on character development this show. It's not been any of that in five years. Flatline. How the show ends, I wake up in London. It was all just a dream. So I didn't move to London of a coming straight. That would have been mad. Let's go to Frank. Good morning, Frank, Good morning Christian, Jack, and Patty, Good morning Frank.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show. So TV show that ended badly. What's it for you?
Speaker 5: Well? I suffered through twelve seasons of Supernatural.
Speaker 1: My mum loved that show. It's gone on for years.
Speaker 5: Years, and a lot of years at time I spent on this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a a big investment of your time. It is a relationship.
Speaker 5: Third last and second last episode, I'm crying, so I'm expecting to go to therapy after the last.
Speaker 1: So what happened?
Speaker 5: And then they killed off the characters in a real disappointing way, and I was just sitting there, Ben Brusal, I didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 2: Bamboozled is a great word. It's like, come, how many your mother? The killing off of characters is an aggressive way to.
Speaker 1: End it, isn't it?
Speaker 5: And then the kick out Christian Is. Six months later after the show, I went to a meet and greet with some of the cast of the show, and one of the main characters said that the show was supposed to end real big, like the band was supposed to come out that sings the theme song all the characters, but because of COVID limited numbers, so they had to kill off the characters.
Speaker 3: Oh, it sounds like a word from.
Speaker 2: It killed them off on Zoon the killer breakout rooms. It's a virus, a computer virus.
Speaker 3: Although the ending doesn't sound terrible, comes out and says the theme song.
Speaker 1: That's how Friends ended. With the rem brands.
Speaker 5: Carry on My Wayward Son is the theme song.
Speaker 2: Right, okay, all right, frank you, Frank you, Frank you. Thanks for having cool, Thank you very much. And we should talk to people who have got stories about when they've done meet and greets. I've never done one. I find a fascinating year about meet and greets.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast