Speaker 1: I'm sitting here and I'm like, yeah, it's super shitty. My car got stolen, and I beg, you know, I could go into victim mentality and I could save these things. But also it's exactly and I could, you know, not work today, not create a podcast, not you know, really see the lessons in this, and I could just sit in this pity party. But it's also like, like what good is that going to do? Welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, former lawyer turned entrepreneur, social media personality and personal development junkie. This podcast is for my girl gang who want to feed their mind with positive and expansive thoughts to help them step into their power and live their most authentic life. We chat a variety of topics including mindset, business, relationships, health, and so much more. Basically, wherever you are on your journey, I want to help you feel inspired and empowered to rise up and conquer your next bold move. I know that's going to look different for everyone, but just no, I'm right here by your side and that you have the rn C community behind you.
Speaker 2: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Hello guys, and welcome to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. It is your host Georgie Stevenson and oh my goodness, do I have something to chat about you today? And just a lot happening. So it is Thursday morning, so you will hear this on Friday morning. Last night, me and Tim got back from our holiday, so we went to Northern Territory Ularu and oh my god, we stayed at this resort it's called Longitude. It was the most beautiful experience I have definitely like yet been through. So it's just it was just the most amazing experience. So before I chat to you guys any more about the experience, I definitely want to acknowledge and think that Ananu I hope I'm pronouncing that right, people who are the traditional are landowners and first Australians of Ularu. And it was just the most amazing experience because we visited Ularu in the morning, we did a base walk, we visited at sunrise and had like you know, drinks and cannapis. We went to Cadajudah, which is another like rock formation, and that was just beautiful.
Speaker 2: So it's really cool because in the morning we would get up.
Speaker 1: At like sunrise, so like quite early and then we would quickly have breakfast go on an adventure. So then we learned about their chukrapa, which basically just means their you know, traditions, the culture, the stories they tell, the lessons and yeah, so we learned about, you know, all that sort of stuff. We saw some beautiful, beautiful, like I don't know, just the presence there, like you get there. And I was actually talking to Mel about it this morning, but it's like you can feel the energy, you can just not like it just feels like this like really spiritual high vibe. I don't know, I don't even know how to explain it, but it was just the most amazing experience. I go to my Instagram, have a look at my posts. I've got a bit of a highlight there too, and I've got to add some more content because it's just a holiday that I didn't think I would ever do, Like it just almost never occurred to me. And then we had some friends recommend it to us last year it was on my vision board and then we did that. So yeah, it was just like a very surreal experience and it was so good. Me and Tim didn't take too much time off at Christmas because e commerce business you don't really get to and it was just really much needed for us to you know, have that time together. And it's just been last year. It was just like, you know a bit of a hard long year, as you know, everyone feels that way. But such an amazing holiday. Oh my god. I could not recommend it enough. And the hotel we stayed out Longitude, this is not a plug in any way. We you know, paid, it was not hashtag gifted or sponsored or anything like that, but holy crap, I've never it is definitely on the pricier side. But the experience, the staff, the food. It was like every single lunch was four course, every dinner was five course, but like really amazing food that's like very enriched with culture and Australian flavor and just oh my god. And yeah, so they take you on all the tours as well, so everything was inclusive, all your food, alcohol, tours, walks, everything like that. So, oh my god, amazing experience that has been on the bucket list.
Speaker 2: So very cool that we got to do that, very grateful, had the best time. And then.
Speaker 1: So last night at three am, I woke up to Wolf barking, this is not unusual because he gets scared very easily, and he will bark at things like I've woken up and he's barking at like, you know, a plastic bag in the room or something like that.
Speaker 2: So he was.
Speaker 1: Barking, but I instantly got up, turned the light on.
Speaker 2: And it was really weird because I just had this.
Speaker 1: Intuitive feeling and I got up straight away walked to the window. And then from our bedroom window we can see our cars in the car pork because it's like an open car port, not a closed one, and that's like just legally what we had to do for our house. And I could see my car was in there, but I noticed the garage door was open, and so instantly I woke up Tim.
Speaker 2: And again I.
Speaker 1: Wasn't on full alert because a couple of months ago we had an incident when I checked outside and you know, me or Tim had forgotten to shut the garage door, and so I was like, oh, you know, maybe just Tim forgot shut because we did get take out late at night. But then I woke up to him and he's like, no, I definitely shut it. So he went downstairs with a bat, and.
Speaker 2: I was very scared.
Speaker 1: He went downstairs, checked everything everything, Everything seemed fine, and then we kind of just like, I don't know, I just thought wolf was barking. Went back to sleep, woke up in the morning again, I had this weird intuitive feeling, went straight to my window, which again is weird for me, looked outside and I could see my car was gone, and so I instantly lack said that to Tim. He ran downstairs and yeah, my car was stolen. Literally, they would have had to break into the house and get the keys because I have a Porsche, so you can't actually start those cars without the keys. It's not like you can hot wire it or anything like that. So they needed the keys, and they've literally broken in the back door, got the keys off the hook, opened the garage door, and just driven the car away. So when Tim went down, they must have been like hiding somewhere, which is just the most grossest feeling anyway, So obviously very shaken up. Called the police, put in a report. There are forensic people coming later on this afternoon, you know, called my insurance let them know what's happening, and the police have just said we will.
Speaker 2: Let you know.
Speaker 1: And I spoke to my podcast manager and she was like, because I actually had a completely different episode planned, and she was like, you know, do you have an episode do you want to skip it this week? And I messaged and I was just like, look, I want to skip it. I just feel so shaken up. I feel so just weird. Yeah, like I just felt a bit beside myself, and so I just said to her, I want to skip it. And then I was actually driving to the Naked Harvest warehouse and I was doing my affirmations. I was reframing my mindset, and then I voiced my podcast manager and I was like, no, like, let's let's actually do this episode. Because in on this podcast, I talked to you guys about mindset shifts. I talked to you about perspective. I talked to you about, you know, what to do when you aren't having a good day, and all that sort of thing. And I think I do tend to you know, do these solo PEP talks and I talk about it after the fact. And I'm very much a big believer in, you know, everything happens to me. I'm a big believer like I turn you know, shit into gold. I make bad situations better. And I thought to myself, like right now. Now I'm in the thick of something, you know, really terrible happening, and so I thought it would be like a cool episode to actually just tell you what is going through my mind and how I'm kind of reframing this and looking at this during that, like during while it's happening, rather than after the fact, when you know everything's okay or it turned out a certain way. So a huge thing, like what I'm doing right now is perspective. And I think when something bad happens, we instantly, you know, we want to blame, we want to get angry. And I totally did that. Like I was upset at Tim and was like, oh my god, you didn't you know, find those people and what's going to happen. I felt so upset and so angry. And I think we're all entitled to those very human emotions, and that's so fine, like reacting to a situation and feeling a certain way. I think it's really good to feel feelings. But also a huge thing is what we do move for it. So I really thought to myself, I was like, you know what I can do right now is I can sit here, like I can sit here and I can throw a Pea party and I did, you know, go my stories. I posted a photo ask people to share it, and so many people are sharing.
Speaker 2: It, which is so lovely.
Speaker 1: But I was like, you know, I can spend all day on my DMS being like, yes, I know, I can't believe my car was stolen and poor me and all that sort of thing, or I can sit here and move forward, look at the positives and really use this as I like, you know, a lesson, a turning point. And so I actually journaled this morning and I'm like, what is the lesson here? And I think sometimes we don't know the lesson until the end, but I think there's always lessons with anything. So a big lesson that I first thought was Georgia, you had.
Speaker 2: This intuition feeling.
Speaker 1: So it's so weird that wolf bark. I got up straight away, which is something not usual, and I went to the window and looked at my car. It's like, subconsciously I kind of knew, but I didn't kind of listen to it, like even when Tim went downstairs, like I didn't follow it through and think it could be that I almost pushed that feeling away because I just thought, oh my God, like my car's not gonna be stolen. And even in the morning, the fact that I got up and checked it, it's like I had this intuition feeling, and it's kind of like I'm a bit annoyed to myself that I didn't tap into that. More So, a lesson I'm taking from this is like just realizing that intuition is everything, Like my gut knows everything, and I, you know, have to make sure I'm listening to that. So the next lesson was, you know, even though my very expensive car that I worked very hard for and you know, I have a lot of attachment to this certain car just because it, you know, was on my vision board and I worked really hard to you know, save for it and just you know, all these things, and then to have someone just like come and take it with no, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I just feel very violating.
Speaker 1: But even though that happened, and that really sucks, is looking at the you know, lesson of me and Tim and the puppies are okay, but it could have been a lot worse, Like you know, they could have if we went downstairs and Tim had found them or you know, something like that.
Speaker 2: You just never know.
Speaker 1: So another big lesson is we literally today, I've called a whole security team and we're getting the house fully set up with security like on our gates, cameras and all angles and just a lot happening because we do have a camera, but it just really didn't give us too much more than what the police already know. And I think also something that we do need is like a deterrent. So we're having systems in place where someone can't even like you know, get to the point of stealing because they will be heard.
Speaker 2: So that's even a big lesson.
Speaker 1: Like, you know, I'm even thinking about like me and him, you know, don't have kids or anything like that, and I'm not pregnant, but like in the future if we do have kids, because we do plan to have kids in this house is like, you know, making sure they're safe. So putting that security in there too, I'm like, you know, it could have been a lot worse.
Speaker 2: This is a huge lesson.
Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Naked Harvest Supplements, the natural supplement company I co founded with my brother. This company was really brought to life because I have been using supplements for such a long time since the start of my fitness journey. But what I really struggled to find was all natural supplements without the crap, that were tailored to women's health and that actually tasted good. And that's how Naked Harvest Supplements was born. Our hero products are a natural pre workout and our.
Speaker 2: Vegan Thrive Protein.
Speaker 1: Our natural pre workout is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free and is a natural energy boost without the crash. This is your go to to enhance your workout and to get you in the mood to conquer your day. My favorite flavor is sweet Strawberry, which literally tastes like strawberry clouds, Oh my God. And tropical iced Tea, which tastes like that lipped and iced tea drink. It is so refreshing. Our Thrive plant protein is also vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and it is so smooth for a vegan protein. I know our nhgang loves cooking with it or using it in that post workout smoothie, and so do I. My favorite flavor for the Thrive is definitely our newest pancake batter flavor. It is the real deal and tastes exactly like the name if you want to enhance your performance and optimize your day, try Naked Harvest. Now. I've also got a special code for my Rise and Conquer podcast listeners. Just type in Rise and Conquer Podcasts out checkout to receive a sneaky discount that is Rise and Conquer Podcasts, and the end is spelt out. It is not the simple. I'll also pop the links in the show notes if you want to check that out. But let's get back into the episode. And then what I did is I really got into I really got into my affirmations of I am supported. You know, I am guided. Life happens for me, not to me. So even though this is a shitty situation, I choose to believe that, you know, I am supported, I am guided. Much like you know, other bad things that have happened, I'm going to look back and be like this was actually a good thing. Whether that is, you know, to upper security so something you know worse doesn't happen, or you know, maybe they find my car and it's a ride off, but I don't know, I get a new a better car, or I don't know. It's kind of like really just thinking that Yep, it's a bit shitty right now. But also I have perspective and I have choice in this situation. And I was actually reading a book the other day and it's called I was actually reading it on my holiday because I'm interviewing these authors for the podcast soon, so you will hear from them soon. And it's called Raising Girls Who Like Themselves. The author is Casey Edwards and Christopher scan Scanlon. I'm probably butchering that last name, but I was actually reading this on my holiday, and they have a chapter called A Girl who Likes Herself has a Power Perspective. And in that chapter they really talk about, you know, raising and sorry, I will get to a point with this, like raising children and perspective is everything. And they talk about this concept which is, let me just get it, the power of the power perspective, and they talk about, you know, these two girls where one can have like this very optimistic, resilient life happens for me, not to me perspective, and then another girl can have this very like victim mentality, poor me, I'm very anxious mentality, and it's very much like they have. They could have the exact same teachers, school parents, everything, but your perspective is just so important, so I just want to read a little something about it. So again, guys, this is not my own words. This is from the book I just referenced, and it says so a perspective, it's not reality. It's the stories we tell ourselves about reality. It's how we describe the world to ourselves. It's what we think is important. It's whose opinions we think out. It's seeing the glass half fall, verse half empty, same glass, same contents, but it's a completely different way of looking at it. Everything we experience is filtered through our own internal interpretations and descriptions of the world. If our girls don't view the world from a power perspective, then in some ways, it doesn't matter what reality throws at them, whether it's good or bad, they will interpret interpret it from a perspective of powerlessness. Powerlessness. Wow, I'm so sorry, guys. If every day setbacks crush them, or if they see their future through a haze of negativity, then they will approach the future with fear. Similarly, if they achieve amazing success, but they believe their achievements are nothing more than dumb luck, or that they fall short of their perfectionist standards, then they may as well also believe they themselves are failure. This is why perspective is so fundamental.
Speaker 2: To raising a girl who likes herself.
Speaker 1: And then in the chapter, it just goes on to say, unsurprisingly, people who have a power perspective are more resilient and tend to be more successful than people who feel powerless in their lives. They work harder because they believe their hard work will pay off and that they will eventually achieve their goals, even though they will deal with setbacks along the way. The benefits of the power perspective go beyond the psychological Adopting a power perspective can also improve people's physical wellbeing. And then basically the opposite to a power perspective is people who believe that their life is determined by chance, events, faith, luck, or other people who are more important to them. Basically, just to summarize, this book just talked about this power perspective and if you kind of take control and you really choose to see things in a positive and you reframe things even in a sucky situation, that's what makes resilience. So, like I said, I'm sitting here and I'm like, yeah, it's super shitty my car got stolen, and I beg, you know, I could go into victim mentality and I could save these things. But also it's exactly and I could, you know, not work today, not create a podcast, not you know, really see the lessons in this, and I could just sit in this pity party. But it's also like like what good is that going to do? And so I actually sat here, and like I said, I journaled, I reframed everything. I told a new story where I was like, you know, the shitty thing happened, but I choose to believe that I am supported. Life is happening for me, and just because I can't see it right now, I know that, you know, everything is okay. And also if this is just like a purely shitty thing, like I know, the whole everything happens for a reason, some people like you know, what of the shittiest things, also realizing that it's like fine to just feel a bit shitty, but also it's like what am I now going to do moving forward? And I think it's like, you know, I don't know what's going to happen. Who knows if they're going to find my car. It could be today, it could be you know, in five days, I won't have a car that's obviously crappy, or you know, these people can completely right off my car and it. You know, I've got insurance, but I really don't think it's insured for the amount it actually cost. And you know, different things like that. So long story short, guys, if you're also going through something just like shitty where you're just like why me, I really want you to sit there and I should think what are the lessons I can learn here, even like the smallest little things like mine, where it's like Georgia, you have an amazing intuition and you need to trust it because it always knows what's to do. And that was such a good like a reminder for me to check in with my intuition, just because I I am someone who strongly listens to their intuition, so it was just like a great reminder. And then also just the lesson of need to up my security, need to you know, make sure our keys are locked up and all that sort of thing, and also just the huge perspective of me and Tim are safe, the puppies are safe. Yes, my car is gone, but in the end, it's a material thing I can buy a new one. You know, I will get insurance. The police have been notified, and it is okay. And so, like I said, if you're going through something negative, reframe it and see a different perspective. Because if we can do this, guys, and if we can be resilient even in shitty times, this is like, you know, it's so easy to be positive when everything is going good and life is great. But these sorts of times, this is where we retrain our brain and we make new pathways and we really need to tap into, you know, all these different mindset techniques that I teach you on here and in my course and whatnot, because this is where it matters.
Speaker 2: And so I choose not to be a victim right now.
Speaker 1: I choose to see it differently. I choose to know, I am supported, I will get through this. It's all going to be, you know, fine in the end. There might be some shittiness, but it is okay. And this is what I choose and perspective of everything. So that's what I've chosen my reality.
Speaker 2: As we all we.
Speaker 1: All have the chance to change our reality reality, to reframe our the story and think something new. So I just know, if something like this is happening to me like someone else needs.
Speaker 2: To hear it.
Speaker 1: So if you did need to hear this, you know this is for you, sending my love. Yeah, thanks for listening to my little podcast and I will see you guys in my next episode.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, guys, I.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to come back on here and give you an update because my car was found. So I just want to say a big thank you. If you're one of the people who shared it on Instagram. I did put up a story asking you know, people to share it, and I just honestly my commuted on here I just cannot. And yeah, so the police actually called me and they found my keys.
Speaker 2: They did a raid.
Speaker 1: They found my keys in like a juvenile's room, a female juvenile's room, and so that means like at least I knew people went like driving it anymore. So they found my keys, and then a couple hours later they actually found my car too, and a sixteen year old female has been charged for stealing my car. And I've also spoken to the police, and so supposedly it's this like group in the Gold Coast of like young kids who are like thirteen to sixteen who steal cars like luxury cars. They then post it on Instagram bragging and like sometimes fuck it up. But I was very lucky, so there's no damage done. Wait, so there was a tiny bit damage. The side mirror is smashed, but other than that it's completely fine, which is so lucky because I know a lot of the other cars that got stolen a complete write off. So so lucky. But yeah, the police are saying it's like this group and they literally will take photos of them stealing the car and post it up. It's the most disgusting, like low life thing I have ever seen. And it's this group of like young sixteen year olds and honestly, like, all I've got to say is I fucking feel sorry for these kids because as much as it's like they clearly are just like fucking little assholes, it's also I guarantee you they've got fucked up lives. Like to get to the point where you're stealing cars and you're like thirteen or sixteen, like something bad must have happened to you. So honestly, like, I just feel really sorry for these children and like, ah, yeah, their parents and it's just like supposedly this happened, has happened a lot in the area and they're getting charge, but then nothing is actually happening because they are so young, and so I.
Speaker 2: Just hope, you know, I don't even know, because I have these.
Speaker 1: Mixed feelings of obviously being so angry and feeling so violated and like, how dare these people come into my house and take something I've worked so hard for, But then also these feelings of like feeling really sorry for these group of kids because, like I said, if you're to this point of doing this sort of shit and also like the whole posting it on Instagram and bragging, like mentally, I can just like tell they're a bit fucked up, and I like I say that in a way of like I don't know, I kind of just feel sorry for them in their lives and if you're doing this when you're sixteen, like imagine you know, when they're adults, Like, oh, I just can't Yeah, I just can't even imagine. So I've got these mixed feelings of being like super you know, annoyed, and like a lot of hate towards these people, but also just feeling really sorry for them because obviously, yeah, they don't have a lot going for them, but Oh my god, the car was found. I just actually can't believe it was stolen. They literally broke into the house, took the keys, opened the garage, drove away, took it for a joy right joy ride, and then lucky the police raided that house, got the keys, found the car, and someone has been charged. So a bit of a well wind. I hope you enjoyed this episode. It was very kind of like mid crisis going through something. Like I said, I'm a big believer in turning shit into gold, and so I just really wanted to jump in the mic and be very in the moment of how is how I was feeling and how I deal with situations when something is out of my control, but not giving away my power because we always have the power to, you know, feel a certain way, like no one can make us feel a certain way.
Speaker 2: We always have the power for that. So, oh, bit of a well wind.
Speaker 1: I'm so happy I wouldn't get my car back for a while because they're doing some forensic stuff. But look, it is all good. I know it's safe, and you know, the person who did it has been arrested. Like I said, I.
Speaker 2: Hope, I hope she gets helped because yeah, not a good life. Feel sorry for her.
Speaker 1: But anyway, guys, I hope you enjoyed this little episodes so it was a bit random. We'll be back to the normal stuff next week. I've got a really cool interview for you and also very exciting solo at Plant as well. So send you, guys heaps of love and I'll chat to you my next episode. Bye. Thank you for listening for another rn C episode. I really appreciate taking the time to be here with me, and also for taking the time for yourself. If you found this episode helpful, it would be so amazing if you shared it on your stories and tagged us, or simply just send it on to a girlfriend or family member who would benefit from listening. We are an independent podcast run by me and my amazing podcast manager, so it would mean the world to us if you left a review on the Apple podcast app. Also, if you're vibing this podcast and the concepts we're chatting about and your craving community, please come and join us over at the RNC podcast community the Facebook group. Just search Rise and Conquer Podcast community on Facebook and I'll be in there to chat to you until next time.