Speaker 1: High Heart podcasts, he More Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. We have such a special show for you guys today, especial for everyone here, especially you Britt, because Brittany just.
Speaker 2: Got that.
Speaker 3: Brittany, Why am I talking about Brittany and third person? I don't know I got married. I cannot believe.
Speaker 1: It for everyone listening, you guys might not know this story. So Britt and I've been doing a podcast together for six years now. I have been there through all of your turbulent relationships. And when we started our podcast, Life and carp it was all based around sex and relationships, and a big part of that was Britt talking about her dating life and talking about some of the absolute monstrosities that she'd experienced in that time.
Speaker 2: How was a tumultuous time, a lot of red flags to navigate.
Speaker 1: Britt came back from her first date with Ben and I heard about this Swiss, extremely tall footballer who lived overseas who she had had a one night stand with that kind of evolved into a few more. It was supposed to be a one nighter and then she drops about a week before Christmas that year, I'm gonna go over seas for a holiday, and I was like, I see what's going on here.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't until only a couple.
Speaker 1: Of days before that she actually admitted she was going over to see this guy that she'd hooked up with on a dating site for three days whilst he was traveling.
Speaker 3: Like two months with his team.
Speaker 1: And I said, this is the worst idea you have ever had.
Speaker 3: I was like, this is gonna end in disaster.
Speaker 2: Laura was like, do it, fine if you want to, but don't say you didn't toast.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna end us.
Speaker 1: I was like, do it for the content, but come home with a story, and.
Speaker 3: Do not fall in love with this guy. Now look at us. Now we're literally getting married. You are married.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well look we've been through the journey with you, Britt. Everyone here at the pickup but also across life on cut the pot as well, and it's been such a beautiful love story to be able to witness, to be able to be in a small.
Speaker 3: Way a part of And you know, I only did it. Law was just sorely. I could say told you so, I don't actually like the.
Speaker 1: Guy, just just I was like, yes, anything, you know, I'm also okay with saying when I'm wrong, and I was very wrong. But Brittany, we have put together a little recap of the last few years of your love story, not just yours of Ben and how you guys met, but also just some of.
Speaker 3: The some of the ups and downs along the way. Have a listened to this.
Speaker 4: In twenty eighteen, a young, vibrant Britney Hockley braved reality television seeking love on The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Definitely the most vulnerable I've ever felt.
Speaker 4: Where she would make Bachelor history when the honey badgerint picked No.
Speaker 3: One Strong feelings for you, Brittany.
Speaker 2: When I say those three words, I won't really mean it right now.
Speaker 4: I can't give one hundred percent off.
Speaker 2: Me to you.
Speaker 3: So you're all wake up.
Speaker 1: It's kind a bit brightest day.
Speaker 4: After an unsuccessful attempt at finding love on television, Brittany Hockley found hope.
Speaker 3: Woke up.
Speaker 2: They literally sat out out of bed and I thought, today's the day I'm going to get back on the horse. And I thought, you know what, I'm going to have my first ever one night stand.
Speaker 3: And so I went on.
Speaker 2: Raya this like six foot six beautiful Swiss man that was here playing football like he was a professional athlete.
Speaker 3: So I swiped right.
Speaker 2: We matched.
Speaker 3: We talked for.
Speaker 2: About half an hour, so he came over. Eventually we got.
Speaker 3: Down sanity, gritty, hooked up. It was amazing.
Speaker 2: And then he shucked to go, and as he was leaving, I thought, I'm never going to see this guy again. Then the next day he messages me and he's like, yeah, do you want to see each other again? I've got a bit of time, and I was like, yeah, right.
Speaker 3: We just fell in love from.
Speaker 4: The very beginning, but not all was smooth sailing.
Speaker 2: I'm in my first argument with my new boyfriend Ben. So we've been dating for about four months now. I had facetimed Ben because he'd asked me something, so we're having a quick conversation. There was all this urgency because back on air twenty seconds I signed off really quickly on a phone call, and I was a bit panicky. So I was like, okay, okay, I gotta go to go love you bye. And then I hung out the phone and I said, oh my god, I've just said I love you. Seconds later, I get a text, did you just say I love you? And I did what any normal woman would do, and I gas lip him and I said, I I do not say that.
Speaker 3: Yes, lie. Two weeks later he said I.
Speaker 2: Love you in another language, but I knew what he was saying.
Speaker 3: So now we're in this argument about who said they.
Speaker 2: Love him first?
Speaker 3: What doesn't kill your make of such?
Speaker 4: Turns out they were both in love and their relationship grew from strength to strength until one day she had some exciting news to share with the pickup team and Life Uncut community.
Speaker 2: I've been single for the better part of ten years and I was always a single friend, watching all my friends fall in love, which made me so happy, but it was definitely hard, and I started to think maybe it wasn't for me.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love love.
Speaker 2: Then in twenty twenty two, I met this amazing guy, but he lived overseas. My friends were really concerned because long distance is never easy and I've always had commitment issues. But this time it felt different and I thought he was worth it. Flash forward to now and I've never been happier. And last week, on a beautiful island, he asked me to be his wife.
Speaker 3: You crazy, know what's a Q?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 3: Tell my friends that I'm getting married?
Speaker 2: So long to tell you?
Speaker 3: Please you, please you, oh brit Also that it gets me at the end. It gets me at the end.
Speaker 2: When I told you guys, it was like the most wholesome moment.
Speaker 1: Here we are a couple of days post wedding, and incredibly so your your international I was gonna say, boyfriend, husband, I'm not even used to it yet is here in this udo and he's going to be joining us next