Speaker 1: Welcome to them Christian Non Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Who wanted to call us up this morning and tell us what is the song that reminds you of your first love?
Speaker 1: Patsy, what is it for you? It's Charles and Eddie.
Speaker 3: Would I lie to you?
Speaker 1: What a song? This is a brilliant song. This is a banger.
Speaker 2: He's a banger.
Speaker 3: Every time I hear it, I think of Chris the Love God picking me up for our very first date.
Speaker 4: It was the summer of.
Speaker 3: Ninety two and he had it on cas single which was so cool.
Speaker 1: Layers in town.
Speaker 2: Let me just rewind this so we can hear it again, young lady Penny.
Speaker 1: More that more singles in the booth. A life with me is a life of singles.
Speaker 4: Remember the cassette case you'd carry around in your car with the handle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's like fighting them. There were many fighting cabinets for those tapes. And also, out of all the music formats, the most unreliable that cassettes. Do you remember if you left it in the sun or you son to just get that pencil like re spoil it, and it was sometimes it was just randomly like eat itself up.
Speaker 1: Yes, because singles, but this is a great song.
Speaker 2: It was a good song. We should play it this morning, actually, Charles Eddie Jackie Boy tell us about the song that reminds you of your first love?
Speaker 1: All How old were you?
Speaker 4: I was seventeen and the last year of high school, and the girl I was dating. I tried to convince her to do a White Stripes cover with me at the end of year concert.
Speaker 1: So were you in music class together or no?
Speaker 4: She wasn't a musician, so she had to learn the drums to be part.
Speaker 2: Of that sort going on for you. Meg White there and Jack White.
Speaker 4: I would play the guitar and sing and she would play the drums, and she's getting quite good, but not good enough, and she felt confident doing it in front of the whole school.
Speaker 1: So much going on for your seventy year old Jack Post.
Speaker 4: I also had seen the White Stripes of the year before at Magic Park.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were awesome, amazing live, weren't they? Great band? Those twos.
Speaker 4: He comes out in these tight red pants and I had some actually had some red pajamas, so to wear the red pajama pads on stage.
Speaker 2: I love that my one, actually, because not all first love. Sometimes it's tinged with sadness of having you a heart cracked open. So it was all about the end of term school disco. When I was a teenager in the eighties, it was the high night, right, It's all about.
Speaker 1: Who you go?
Speaker 4: Are you going to take?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So Leanne and I went together, right, and it is, actually, I would still say to this day one of the top ten happiest nights of my life, until I found out afterwards she'd asked my best friend Toby, and he said no because he knew that I fancied her. She asked him before she asked me, and I didn't know this, And we slow danced to this song right, And now wherever I hear it, it just breaks my heart again.
Speaker 1: I should have known at a time guilty feet, they've got no.
Speaker 2: Rhythm bringing it back Againe helpit you.
Speaker 1: Oh what a song.
Speaker 4: Nice of Toby though, Are you still making Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It comes up a lot.
Speaker 2: It comes up a lot sometimes when I'm alone, I go on Facebook and open I check in, I check in, see what she's up.
Speaker 5: To that.
Speaker 2: No, No, am I okay with it? All those decades later, I'm fine with it. Nine four one four. This is the Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 1: We got here, Jillian, Good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? So take us back there? So how old are you? When was it?
Speaker 6: How old was I? I was seventeen eleventh of August nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 1: We'll really going there, right, Okay?
Speaker 6: I had just spoken to him on a CB radio a day before. We decided to have a date night. He picked me up. We drove to the Frankston Fall Shore. It was roughly about nine thirty.
Speaker 1: The start of a true crime podcast. They worry about people meeting on the internet online. You went out with a guy? You on Cbee radio the.
Speaker 6: Original everyone I bore me and I said yes, let's go for it. Went to Frankston Beach, sitting along the fourth book was the Beach. Back then we didn't have a separation between the beach and the roads. And this song came on and it's just stuck forever. He is my first love. We have been married thirty years now.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, engaged after three months of the meeting.
Speaker 1: Radio break breaker broak up.
Speaker 6: No, actually, he proposed to me in the car.
Speaker 1: Same night.
Speaker 6: Three months later, I arriving at the by the way you married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is speed.
Speaker 2: Say nice, lovely to meet you, marry me what you are?
Speaker 1: I can't really offer more than this is me. I am phil You take me as I am. Oh god, that is great news. Well done.
Speaker 2: I'm going to send you our two hundred dollars into Flora voucher for some flowers on Monday.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, thank you.
Speaker 1: So that's a lovely story. I love that.
Speaker 6: That's He's the love of my life. I've been through cancer and my mum was cooler car accident four days after we got married, and he has just been my rock. Oh yeah, a beautiful soul.
Speaker 2: Well you are as well. You deserve soon of that. And what is your your husband's Ashley?
Speaker 1: I feel like we're.
Speaker 2: Starting Valentine's today. That's a told Stan. How are you now, Jillian, if you don't mind me asking.
Speaker 6: I still have health issues, but I'm doing doing good. I have an amazing husband and three amazing children. So William yeah, yeah, Oh my gosh, I'm so emotional now.
Speaker 1: It's amazing. What to survive you are. What a life story.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and just to think I was only seventeen, he was eighteen, and you know we've been together we will be thirty four years this year and Mary incredible thirty. Yeah, yeah, I'm lucky. So yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Lucky as well, Jillian.
Speaker 6: Of course he is.
Speaker 1: Of course he.
Speaker 6: Wouldn't be anything without.
Speaker 3: Me made.
Speaker 2: Jillian, it's been a real joy, you know, checked everyone up this morning, been a real joy here. If you okay, I hope you enjoy Valentine's Day Monday. And thanks for sharing your story with us this morning as well.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you so much. I will thank you all right.
Speaker 1: Well Christian Connell's show podcast. But Linda, good.
Speaker 5: Morning, good morning team.
Speaker 6: How are you a good team?
Speaker 1: Officially? Good? And Belinda watched your.
Speaker 5: Song Handsome Box Banger.
Speaker 1: So first love? Did he look like one of them?
Speaker 5: Or oh he had longish blonde hair.
Speaker 1: I suppose now why that song was on the radio at the time.
Speaker 5: Or I was obsessed with handsome, so obsessed and I had been listening to them all day. It was my birthday and I'd.
Speaker 2: Had friends just pause, I just need that to sink and listening to them all day, Yeah, all day.
Speaker 5: Look, I had a video that was just pulling handsome videos and it helped us in pop on there about fifty.
Speaker 4: Times they didn't have that many other songs.
Speaker 2: Do you remember when you were a teenage fan, you weren't just a fan if you liked to man, you were an obsessive super fan.
Speaker 1: That's what the repeat button was.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, So.
Speaker 1: There's no link to him, it's just that you liked them the band.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and we so I listened to that song all day. And then I've had friends over. We'd had a movie night and he'd been over, and we had our first kiss that night, and in my bedroom surrounded by posters of Hanson.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's intimidating for you so much, I'll inane greens.
Speaker 5: Well. The funny thing is he tracked me down years later. One of the first things he said to me was, do you still love Hanson?
Speaker 1: It's a deal breaker.
Speaker 4: And what's the answer, Belinda, We got to know it.
Speaker 5: Look, there's a little part of me that still loves them.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to run.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that's still in there. Let's do an hour song shin off us up and let's put this in there and on the chance neddie.
Speaker 1: But then that's a great one. You have a great weekend, thanks to cooling.
Speaker 6: Mate, you two, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Steve, that gang the song absolutely that that gets me every time as Bonnie Tyler's totally cups at the heart.
Speaker 1: It was what an awesome song and awesome song.
Speaker 3: It is awesome eighty three I think it was. It was at the Laser's disco adding Spring Barth had my girlfriend ingrid vand even at the time, and this song came on and we're on the dance floor and we passed through the entirety of this song from fut start to finish, and it was awful.
Speaker 2: When you when you're that sort of teenage as it doesn't get any better than that, does it.
Speaker 3: It doesn't. It was just one of those great times. And the song was that loud and and you know that great sound systems m days and every time I hear that song on the radio, it takes you straight back to black and way where when you were SnO.
Speaker 1: Lasers given just a word lasers to help futures.
Speaker 2: Oh lasers, that's a thousand years is the future.
Speaker 4: That's the real aphrodisiac lasers Laser show.
Speaker 2: Steve, that's a brady one. Thank you very much to give us a call. You have a great weekend, mate. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast,