Speaker 1: We want to know one of those useless but nostalgic skills that you have that are no longer in use now that you want to pass on.
Speaker 2: To this generation.
Speaker 1: Like when the things called cassette tapes and you used to get a pencil and rewind it with using a pencil sticking in the middle and then spin it around.
Speaker 3: That's if all the stuff came out yes or the cassette yes came out of the cassette.
Speaker 1: Also the using the perfect skill, your ninja skills, and when a commercial came on the telly, you timed your run to the bathroom or to get a snack, just to get back before the TV show you're watching started again.
Speaker 3: Before TV shows could be paused yes or rounded forward.
Speaker 4: Also, you couldn't skip the ads.
Speaker 1: You couldn't skip Yeah, you had to right wait till the right ad came on, going okay, cool, and know how long this lasted for and you'll be able to jump over the couch, go to the bathroom and then back even if there.
Speaker 2: Was a few more commercials before.
Speaker 5: He Hate Saturday started.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, run back and grab a drink from the fridge and then head back to the couch to continue watching what are those skills that you can use and they can bring back.
Speaker 5: I was very good at tetris, Yeah, very good.
Speaker 3: I used to sometimes think, as I was sitting there on my game boy that if there was an Olympic version of tetris, like I could actually go. It was the one sport I was good at.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I really really believed in myself.
Speaker 2: You're really good at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how would you go?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: I still go. I love Tetris. I absolutely love tetris.
Speaker 3: So you get set the nerves and so I've tried to use that later in life for like packing skills. Yeah, because you've gotta and then you sing the song at the same time.
Speaker 5: Those times you need to pack colored blocks.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure there would be, because like playing Call of Duty and video game online, they have massive competitions.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure there might be.
Speaker 5: I do have the app on my phone.
Speaker 2: A competition out there that you can play tetris.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine the people there? Oh my gosh, wow, the smell.
Speaker 2: I can use a Refordex, okay.
Speaker 3: I tried to explain to my kids the other day what a Refordex was, okay, because we were using Google gup.
Speaker 5: I said right, get in Google apps. I don't know where I'm going.
Speaker 3: And I said, when we were younger, we used to have a book that had They were like what and then, but how do you do that when you're driving?
Speaker 5: And I seriously cannot remember how we did it all.
Speaker 1: I remember because I was working in the cars before I had the job with you guys here, and we'd have the Refordex that'd be in the side door. You'd open it up and you go, Okay, I'm going to go here, here, here, And so you'd map out your the whole day on the Refordex and then put little markers in there so you got to go here and then open it up.
Speaker 5: But how dangerous was that? We were driving and reading a map at the same time.
Speaker 2: Over?
Speaker 6: Well, come on, I would always pull over. Yeah, sure, no way, no way off. So we want to know you're useless an outdated skill, Mandy?
Speaker 2: For what yours?
Speaker 7: Playing elastics?
Speaker 5: Oh very much?
Speaker 2: Were you very good at it? Mandy?
Speaker 7: I could get up to waste tight.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Was that before supporting bras as well? Mandy? Because I'm not you and I might have an accident. And if we try that tomorrow.
Speaker 7: And I need flippers and my other skill was collect calling to let my mum know to come and pick me up with Actually I used to say, that's what your mom's name is. Hi, mum, come and pick me up at Astra Affairs, and that was your name, so just hang up.
Speaker 2: Ah, nice, that's fantastic.
Speaker 4: We used to do three rings, so it was always if you call from a payphone, you get money in three rings and then hang up to get the money back. And three rings meant it was time to come pick them up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because I know where you were just a random paper. But this is a fun game. Now Dad, find me three rings? No, hang on, he saved your forty cents. That's nice. Greg from Ashmore? What is your outdated skill?
Speaker 6: Learning or sorry? Researching using an encyclopedia?
Speaker 5: And yes were the days.
Speaker 1: My mom still has her encyclopedia. And I remember the day when the guy came and he had like a suit time and he was selling the encyclopedias.
Speaker 3: Ours was green, ours of red, and it would sit in the green cupboard. I don't know if that was just a theme in that room, the green room.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 3: I still remember the smell of the encyclopedia. I thought it was but It was years later when Dad moved.
Speaker 5: Out lots of lights and stuff again big bill.
Speaker 4: Sorry, thank you Greg, trying to paint the picture.
Speaker 2: What's the use of outdated skill you have, guys.
Speaker 6: I don't know if i'd even call it a skill, but it'd have to be drawing that one s with the.
Speaker 7: Three lines of the top and.
Speaker 5: The three lines at the bottom.
Speaker 7: Everybody had to learn how to do it, but no one knew why.
Speaker 2: We spoke about that last week.
Speaker 5: I still remember doing it at bellby Puck State School.
Speaker 2: Now, when you do the S, do you do a point all rounded?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: Round has to be pointy, They've got to be straight lined.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, big t red for the driver.