Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Combomb Merry people. They've been having conversations and telling stories on this land for thousands of years, and we show our gratitude and respect for their contribution to our environment and culture. This is Rise and Conquer, the podcast where we strive to become the highest version of ourselves through curious conversations, healthy mindsets, laughter, connection, and a deep desire to evolve. I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson. Join me as we explore parenthood, business, manifestation, and so much more. It's positive, it's practical, and it's about putting you in the driver's seat of your own life.
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Hello, my loves, and welcome back to the potty. We're doing an episode that I haven't done in a very long time, and it is a simple Q and A I actually I asked these questions on Instagram on my stories, and honestly, I just.
Speaker 2: Forgot about it.
Speaker 1: I'm the worst for putting a Q and a box on my stories and then not answering it. I think it's because I love long form, like when you ask me the question, are you planning to have more kids. It's a long form question. The simple thing that I put on my story is like, yes, of course. But then on the podcast, I can sit down with you and be like blah blah blah blah, so Q and I on the potty, let's go.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: There is all the mum questions, which I won't do too many, just because we're not all mums here. But the first question is would love to hear Tim's experience being a stay at home dad?
Speaker 2: How do you share the load?
Speaker 1: So first of all, I feel like I curnrt really answer this because it's his experience. I feel like with any new evolution, like me becoming a mom, you know, Tim becoming a dad, especially a stay at home dad, it's a process, it's an experience. So it's definitely not been all smooth sailing in saying that Tim was born to be a dad, like he is just so naturally maternal and good with Ivy, so like he's just the best stay at home dad. I am so bloody lucky and Ivy is so lucky. But you know, there's definitely been a lot of things to navigate. I don't know if the masculine and fem Energy episode will be live when this goes live, but I talk about in that episode how we really had to establish like our routine because for example, when I'm at work, I'm in my masculine energy, like I'm telling people what to do, I'm deciding things. And then so we had issues because I would be in my masculine energy all day and then I'd come home and I'd still be in my masculine energy and I'd like decide what we're having for dinner, help cook, decide when we're having things. Whereas Tim was in his feminine energy all day like with a child, with a baby, and then when I when I got home too, he would also stay in that feminine energy. And feminine energy is just like it's relaxed, it's go with the flow. But then I was, you know, experiencing burnout because I was like designing everything all the time. And then also you can imagine if you're a male and you're like constantly in this feminine energy, it's like it's just it's not balanced. So now we kind of have this very interesting dynamic where he's obviously looking after Ivy. She does go to daycare two days a week and so you know, usually one of those days is kind of doing stuff around the house, and then another day he just has for himself. But basically, I got a work and when I come home, I go full feminine mode. So I don't really do anything. I don't cook dinner, I don't decide what we're having for dinner. I don't decide what time we're having for dinner. I come home and I go straight into my feminine energy, which is very just like relaxed, receive, flowing, and obviously just go straight into spending time with Ivy, putting my stuff down.
Speaker 2: And Tim will.
Speaker 1: Kind of step into that more masculine energy where he is on dinner duty, so he always cooks dinner. He kind of stays downstairs where me and Ivy go upstairs and we have a shower, we just have some time together and I get already, and then we come downstairs and we eat dinner, and then you know, like we watch TV and go to bed, and that's kind of it. But we've had to kind of like really establish like our needs and how we're feeling. But yeah, so we kind of share the load in regards to Once I get home, I pretty much predominantly and just like Ivy time, so looking after Ivy, getting Ivy ready, but I want that, and he then is still like cooking dinner and doing things. But you know, as you can imagine being with a toddler all the day, like that's a treat. That is a treat, and it's just what works really well for us. He really enjoys doing it well. Usually when he's cooking dinner too, he like puts in a podcast and just has some hymn time, or he might like go get out of the house if he needs to. But it's working really well. I feel like, if you think about it, Ivy is, you know, nearly three in November, so I feel like we've really found our feet and it's feeling really good. But it did take some time. It did take some tweaking. Why are you hiring a new personal assistant content creator? I love how you guys ask these sorts of questions. My old personal assistant content creator she moved on to another job, so I'm getting a new one. And there's honestly, like no tea here or anything like that. Just like a dream role came up for her and so she just took a chance and she got it. And I'm so so happy for her and I have hired someone new and she seems incredible. She hasn't yet started, but I'm really excited to have her on the team. And I like when someone leaves, you know, Naked Harvest or Rise and Conker, I just have endless amounts of like love and gratitude for the work that they did.
Speaker 2: But I never, like, I never.
Speaker 1: Want someone to stay here if it's not right for them. And also it's like, not everyone's supposed.
Speaker 2: To be in your life for your whole life.
Speaker 1: People come in for seasons, so I don't ever, you know, take a fence or be weird about it. I think it would be weird if you stay in a job forever personally, you know, unless it's your own business. So that's there's honestly no to that. Oh, what are your next big goal theme? Okay, so I am definitely stepping into more is less error more is less. I feel like the last year there just has been a lot happening externally, you know, I've been doing a lot of things with goals and in the businesses, but then also internally, in my inner work and in my personal life. I feel like just so much has happened this year, guys like sad and return vibes, like one thing after the other, dealing with triggers, dealing with relationships turning upside down, dealing with just like a lot of shit. It has felt like I've been dealing with a lot of shit, but like huge growthier in regards to like personal growth. So I am very grateful for being in the shit and I feel like what it has made me realize is less is more, And I feel like that was my focus honestly for a while, Like as soon as I had Ivy, it was like, Okay, I've got limited time. What do I want to focus on? And it's like narrowing in, But I feel like even more refinement is needed where I'm really really clear on what are the goals for R and C, what are the goals for NH, you know, what are the goals and my businesses and then scratch everything else and then obviously you know, family time, Tim and Ivy and again just like narrowing in. Because I am a manager, I do get quite excited about opportunities and things happening, and I feel like I have been really great with my boundaries this year, but I do really feel like less is more and I really am going to sit down at the end of this year and create a goal blueprint for a new course we're bringing out at the end of the year. It's like a new year course where you like create goals. I'm going to sit down and really do that because I do this concept of like milestones throughout the year, which has really excited me. I think sometimes you can set goals and they're they're so big and they're so exciting, but it's like when you actually look at a calendar, it's like when are those happening?
Speaker 2: Like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: And so I actually want to sit down with like a twelve month calendar and be like, how do I actually want the year to go. So the theme is less is more and I really feel like stepping into this season of the word privacy comes up and not like not telling you guys anything, but like very private, like in my own lane, doing my own thing, so clearly focused on what I want and where I'm going that it's like it's just it's not touching anyone else. I'm not even in the noise anything like that. Yeah, for some reason, the word privacy comes up. Yeah, it feels very next level. I'm very very excited about the next season for myself and this next year. But in saying that, like it is November and I'm just honestly slowing down because i really want to enjoy the Christmas period with Tim and Ivy. What is your working schedule alike, working for home or in the office. So the day to day changes so much for me because I have multiple businesses. But let me get up my Google calendar. So basically mondays, I do back to back meetings, so you know, I have a meeting. I'm looking right now at my Monday next week and it says like the first meeting is with my pa. We're gonna go through content just like admin stuff. And then the next one, I have a catch up with Chantel, the marketing director of Naked Harvest, and then I have a catch up with Jamie, the brand manager for and Conker.
Speaker 2: We then have our weekly.
Speaker 1: Rn C meeting, our weekly and H meeting, and then I've got a specific meeting in there about we're shifting the Rise app so that's in there too, and that I basically try and not do any other meetings for the rest of the week. If you want a meeting with me, it's on a Monday otherwise why not having it? Because my meetings used to be scattered throughout the week and I just was not productive. So basically Monday meetings, Tuesday, I'm usually recording or I'm creating course content, ad content. It's like a very creative but I'm like actually filming. Then Wednesday and Thursday, I work from home and I actually block out these days so no one can book in time with me. And these are days that are completely for myself where I get to pick what I am doing, creating and working on. I might be like, all right, I want to create a new course and I'll go out to like a beautiful cafe and nature and just like a brainstorm. Or it literally might be a day where I'm like, hey, I have been really disconnected from myself. I'm gonna take the day off and have a meet day. Like I have those options in the Wednesday and Thursday. Otherwise that's also when I book like personal appointments because I know I won't be in the office. And then Friday is genuinely like my catch up day. So again I try and keep that spare but it usually fills up with like leftover shit. So again, like I'm recording the podcast on the friday meetings that are like quite urgent stuff like that. Otherwise we all have like an early finish on the Friday, so we generally only are working the morning. But I love kind of just catching up and wrapping up everything on a Friday. Okay, this is a good question. How to be good in your energy when you're living in a toxic home?
Speaker 2: Oh, that is very very hard.
Speaker 1: I think for this, it's just about realizing that other people's energy and how they're feeling is such a reflection of what's happening to them that you don't actually need to take it on.
Speaker 2: So like, for example, someone.
Speaker 1: Being in a bad mood or like you know, treating you like shit or whatnot. I love this saying that it's like no one can actually make you feel a certain way. Only you can make yourself feel a certain way. And look, it's very reasonable to be like I've got shitty people at home. Obviously that would be harder it's your environment. But taking a huge self responsibility piece here and being like, just because someone treats me like this or access way, do I need to take it on? Do I need to mirror that energy because you absolutely don't. You obviously need to work on your emotional intelligence to not get triggered, because that's the thing is if you are getting triggered by people being in bad moad modes or like those sorts of things, it's because you do have triggers. You do have stuff you need to work on. So it's kind of showing you where you could be doing the inner work. Obviously, I'm not talking about toxic toxic relationships like anything hardcore, but you know, like toxic relationships in the nature are usually our greatest teachers. They're teaching us things about ourselves. We honestly have the greatest growth. So you could be looking at this is a period of you having your greatest growth. But also I am sending you so much love because that is just it's hard if you're in that situation and you feel like you can't get out. But obviously the first alternative would be to get out of that environment. But I understand if it's parents or something like that. Guys, I literally took a call from Cuba. It was like twelve o'clock when I was recording. I took a call from Cooper and then I ended up on a call with Lil and then I ended up on a.
Speaker 2: Call with Kelly, our CFO.
Speaker 1: And now it's two pm and I'm coming back, so sorry if my energy is different. I also like had lunch during that time. But going straight onto the next question, how do you and Tim keep the spark in your relationship alive? Great question, I think like with relationships and keeping the spark alive, just realizing that, like everything else, there is going to be seasons when you guys are just focused on the kids or the kid and it's about them, or you know, maybe you're going through something and you know you maybe don't have that much of a spark or this's not as much moments, and then you'll go through seasons where like you're really hard in your work goal, your fitness goal, or like you know what I mean, and it's like the relationship takes a back seat, And it's just noticing when the relationship is taking a little bit of a back seat and then switching it up and putting a bit more effort. Like I love the saying the grass is greener where you water it, And so for example, if you have these thoughts of like I wish he would just like randomly come home with flowers, or I wish he would book me a date night, or those thoughts. It's okay, great, it just means you're craving connection.
Speaker 2: But take a step back.
Speaker 1: And be like, do I randomly bring him home something? Do I randomly book in dates? Or am I just like wanting him to romance me? But I'm not putting any effort. And so when I noticed that I want to put a bit of a spark in the relationship, I will kind of go out of my way to be extra affectionate, to book in a date night and those sort of things. And then like I find, you know, Tim will kind of follow suit, or they will kind of be moments where he does it. Like, for example, we're in a very interesting point because Ivy sleeping in our bed. And it's honestly, if you told Georgie a year ago that her baby was sleeping in her bed, she would be so shocked because I was like very against it and very like my sleep so important, she can't sleep on my bed, blah blah blah blah, And then she is quite scared at the moment. So we live in a house that's like two. Her room is two levels down, which is not ideal. It is not the most family orientated house, which is something we've been thinking about. So she gets quite scared because like her bedroom is like downstairs, if that makes sense. So, you know, having your beautiful little toddler be like, Mummy, I can't sleep in my bed. I'm scared, Like I'm not gonna be like, no, Ivy sleep in your bed. So she's been sleeping in our bed and I just kind of love it, like so snugly. We have a king bed, so she definitely will roll over and smack me and kick me, but it is big enough. I've been sleeping in the bed and that used to be like me and Tim's you know, time to talk, to be intimate, to disconnect, and now she's in the bed. So we're noticing we have to make even more efforts. So we have been Ivy goes to daycare two days a week, and I have been working from home those days just so me and Tim have a bit more time and we usually do like a date breakfast or a date day. And so it's just a season where we don't have as much connection time in bed because we've.
Speaker 2: Got a little toddler in with us, but we are, you know, making it work.
Speaker 1: Next person asks do you want another Bubba or feeling complete with Ivy girl, Yes, we want another Bubba. We have actually been trying for another baby and it's been a bit of a journey. I'm actually going to do a whole episode about it because again we are having a trying to conceive journey which we had with Ivy. So I am finally at a stage where I am able to open up about that with you guys. But yes, we'd love another baby. Do you have any tips on finding life's purpose or clarity on what you want in life? Feeling stuck? I think everyone's purpose is to be uniquely them. For example, my purpose isn't a supplement business or a podcast business or do you know, like my purpose is definitely weaved in my businesses, but it comes from this beautiful place of me being uniquely and wholeheartedly myself, and then a business has like come off the back of that, if that makes sense. And so I just think if you feel like you're lacking purpose, I would say start connecting back to yourself, start connecting back to like your authentic you. Again, I have been kind of creating a.
Speaker 2: Course around this.
Speaker 1: So I'm really in the midst of it and that will be coming out probably in December. But when you are connected to your authentic self, holy shit, guys, like you can move mountains. Like the power that comes with being connected with your authentic self is just wild and you can see so clearly. So when people say like I have no purpose, I have no clarity, that would be my first step is like, start connecting back to yourself, and I'm happy to do. Like obviously a podcast on that, so I will absolutely do that. Another person asked, how do I know when the next level is around the corner. There are so many changes happening right now, and I feel so lost. Honestly, I swear when things are going to shit, like if you think it, your old life has to crumble if you want a brand new life. So if you notice that you have been asking the universe, I want change, I want this new thing, I want this new reality. If everything is going to shit, I swear that is when your next level is right on the horizon. You are on the cusp. And if you think about it, if you have been asking the universe, I want a different reality. I want this thing that is over here that is different from your current reality. Things have to break down, they have to crumble in order for new things to happen. So every time like things are going to shit in my life, I know I'm about to up level. I know there's a whole new existence reality me coming in because like that's that's what it means. Things have to crumble, And often we say we want these things, but there's no room, and so the universe will purposely push people out. It will make you uncomfortable, it will make situations really hard, so you have to leave. So you have to get out in order for you to go to the next level. And it's so funny because we usually are like, oh my god, everything's.
Speaker 2: Going wrong and whatnot.
Speaker 1: And then there will be some time and then you'll get everything that you wanted and you'll look back and you'll be like, oh, wait, no, this is what I wanted, but like I had to you have to almost go through the ship. But if you can change that to it, it's like you're not going through the shit where you are, but it's like this is for the purpose of your new reality of everything you want. That is how I look at it okay. Another good question, how do you feel now leaving some long term friendships behind? Sad Lighter, don't overthink it. It's like that beautiful saying of people aren't meant to be in your life forever. So when I have friendships that you know end or even like what I was saying, like when you know Lannie left, that was obviously on beautiful terms, even if it's like not on the greatest terms, it's I never think it's a bad thing. I never think it's a negative thing. People aren't supposed to be in your life forever. They're meant to be here, and they either empower you or they teach you a lesson and then they leave, and that is perfect. And I never overthink it.
Speaker 2: I never make it wrong. And I think that is.
Speaker 1: Like the beauty of life is change and evolution, Like if you think about it, you'll never have this moment again. You'll never be exactly who currently are to morrow. Like you're always changing, you're always evolving, And how beautiful is that? Because it's like, you know, when you're going through a tough time, it's like it's okay, it's going to get better. And so I just kind of like to think about friendships as like seasons and never.
Speaker 2: Make it a bad thing if someone is going to go.
Speaker 1: Someone asked, did you have savings or a backup plan when you first.
Speaker 2: Quit your law job? How was the transition? So I had my.
Speaker 1: Side hustle of you know, YouTube or Instagram, and I basically waited until it matched my wage at.
Speaker 2: The law firm.
Speaker 1: And I was earning sixty grand a year when I was a law clerk at the law firm, So I waited until my income basically matched that. Obviously, influencer income is like you don't actually know how much you're getting paid unless you have a long term contract.
Speaker 2: So it was like an estimate. It's around there.
Speaker 1: Tim had a mortgage at the time, so it was like how much money do I need to pay my mortgage for living expenses? And I waited until then and then I quit.
Speaker 2: And that's just how I did it.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to answer the last question. How do you deal with regret after a mistake? How do it apply? Mindset for self forgiveness shameless plug, We actually have the most amazing forgiveness meditation on the Rise app and guys, if you don't forgive yourself, Oh my god, because the feeling of not forgiving yourself is shame, and it's such a low vibration. If you stay in shame, it is such a low vibrational feeling. And if you don't forgive yourself, this thing will follow you around, it will eat it you, it will trigger you, and until you heal it, until you forgive yourself, it will honestly affect most aspects of your life, most of your relationships, because it's basically you not accepting a part of yourself. Because if you think about it, we all make mistakes, we all go through this life not being perfect. So if you can't forgive yourself, you are basically saying that you have to be perfect and that is an unrealistic standard. And you are also saying because you know, life is just a mirror. So if you cannot forgive yourself, you cannot forgive others.
Speaker 2: So you will.
Speaker 1: Notice, you will have this really high expectation or you will get so triggered by others not being perfect, and it's like, really just because you can't forgive yourself. And so that's why I included the most beautiful forgiveness meditation on the Rise app It is honestly so emotional. I've done it maybe four times on some really big things in my past that I had to forgive myself, And oh how much lighter I felt after doing this was insane. The heaviness you carry around when you haven't forgiven yourself. And I'm talking like, this is stuff and I'm like twenty a teenager and if you were still carrying that around now, Oh, guys, like, do the inner work like it is life changing, especially, yeah, especially the forgiveness stuff. I did a lot of trauma and toxin work the last year two were a coach and it was all around like forgiveness and accepting myself. And again I can tell it's like if you have weird things with forgiveness, you will also have strains of you can't accept yourself. And if you can't accept yourself, think about that, like you were basically in disharmony with your and that can create disease, that can create health issues, that can create so many problems. So forgiveness is huge and that's why we did do I think there's two forgiveness meditations on the rise app in the Self Acceptance Month life changing. Actually answering your question understand that we came to this earth to learn lessons, to grow, to evolve. Imagine if I came to this earth as a three year old, I was like a billionaire or I was like, you know, like running a multi million dollar business. I was like, had it all figured out. I never made a mistake from when I was a child, Like, it just that's not a thing. You need to make mistakes. You need to progress, you need to evolve. So it's like, anytime I make a mistake, it's just like, cool, well now I know I won't do that again.
Speaker 2: It's just lesson.
Speaker 1: It's just growth. I still make mistakes.
Speaker 2: I still do.
Speaker 1: And it's like mistakes are only bad.
Speaker 2: If you're not not learning from them.
Speaker 1: So even the fact that you're saying, like I made a mistake, you obviously have awareness and so just think it's growth mindset allre at my loves, I have waffled off. I love doing a bit of a Q and A. It was a bit of a fun one. So I hope you liked this episode. Thank you so much for listening, and I will catch you in the next one.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Also, guys, we are an independent, small little podcast and if you would love to send this to someone you know that you think they might like the Rise and Punker podcast. We would appreciate it so so much. If you enjoyed it and want more, connect with us via Instagram or continue the conversation on our beautiful Facebook community page. All the details are in the show notes. I love you guys so much. I hope you have an amazing day and I'll be back in your ears next week.
Speaker 2: Bye.