Speaker 1: Hell.
Speaker 2: Everyone, Welcome to the Mason Cox Show. Yes, this is the podcast with your host Mason Cox. Now I've got our producer in front of me, of Braden Cox.
Speaker 3: Welcome.
Speaker 2: It is so good to finally start this passion project we've been talking about for years.
Speaker 4: So good.
Speaker 1: I've been bugging you to do this for I reckon three years and we've known each other. We're talking about it just before. We've known each other for like seven eight years. That blows my mind because in my head, I'm still like twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're still twenty five, twenty you know, we're still really living the young, youthful life. We did meet seven years ago, Collingwood. You were in the media team and I got somewhat vibe together. We've got the same last name. Now it's still a little bit differently. You've probably had a bit more of a rough upbringing. I'd say, with the spelling of your last name.
Speaker 1: Than yours an absolute cop out. You've got the g rated version. My dad says that ours is spelled correctly.
Speaker 4: It's legit. If you're going to have it, you may as well do it right.
Speaker 3: It's rough man.
Speaker 2: I can imagine you would have been buoyed as a kid, just as I was with the last name like that going through the teenage years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was fat and I had buck teeth and long curly hair, so I had way more to worry about than my last name.
Speaker 4: But I don't know about you. I embraced it towards the end.
Speaker 1: Like every time a teacher we'd have like a substitute teacher or something, I'd always yell out across the class.
Speaker 4: It's felt like a bag of dicks.
Speaker 1: You would say that, yeah, But like I don't think they cared because it would break the ice for them because they would always say Braden and then just like pause.
Speaker 4: So if you make a joke about.
Speaker 3: It, it's not going to change. It just becomes part of your last.
Speaker 1: Time you get any in particular, I always got what is your middle name?
Speaker 4: Sucks?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Mine was like Harry.
Speaker 2: You should name your kid Harry or tiny or something like that. That was that was That was a bit of like I said, the teenage years, where everyone just kind of gave you crap for your last name. Because we're also immature. You couldn't really get away from it. But like you said, you kind of you grow to love it. It's part of you. It's something you can't change. It's like being seven feet tall and just rolling around in a van you don't fit in. But this is the Mason Cox Show and it's rolling out of the rolling.
Speaker 3: Bus slash van.
Speaker 2: It's an amazing project that you've been able to make yourself. You've got it out this whole sprinter van. You've made it into a podcast studio and let's say, now everyone can't really see the full extent of this, but it's a pretty amazing setup. You've done a lot of work on this thing for the last few years. If it's a bit of a COVID project, you would say, tell us a little bit about exactly what you've been able to create here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, thank you.
Speaker 1: It did take a lot of time and a scary amount of money going into like COVID times, because I don't know, I kind of just I had the concept because yeah, so I did the Jock and Joanno podcast with Pendles. You might have heard of him plays footy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but yeah, so I did.
Speaker 1: That and it was just a real pain in the ass to get players and like people together, especially if you started to think about like a set in stone studio at a certain address and trying to get them to go to that. So like the idea was born revolving around athletes going to them, and then I kind of just parked it for a bit, pun intended, and then New Year's like twenty nineteen, I took out like all my money and bought this van and everything to build it out, and then yeah, started building it, and then what three months later, the world went to shar So I had no job, no money and just a van and like all this stuff. But yeah, launched at the start of twenty twenty one, which is also just a real dumpster fire of a year. Yeah, twenty twenty two started and I was lucky enough to get a couple of like regular clients on board, and yeah, it's kind of taken off from there. I've only really had famous people in the in the van, so well.
Speaker 2: You've really taken a step down with me. But it is a cool concept, you know. I guess like your entrepreneurial spirit of going into a pandemic and then saying stuff it, I'm going to become my own employer, which is kind of crazy within itself, and I'm sure, like you said, quite daunting at times, but you've been able to create this thing, which is very much I think in the beginning stages there's going to be some amazing things I think going forward with you with starting your own kind of company and production company and everything else. And this is like an amazing kind of story I think of, like, oh yeah, just like bottom Van had this great idea of having like a mobile podcast studio, and I'm just winging it while I'm just making it, making it my own, making it how unique it is is like kind of selling it as this kind of unique project different from anything else you could possibly imagine. And it's cool because you can just rock up anywhere in someone's house. See outside the front of there is smash out a podcast, you go home. They have minimal effort and it's like on you, it is. I'm sure it can be caught nervous to be able to have to have everything kind of fall back on you as a as a person that runs their own company. But it's a cool idea, man, I love it. I've always been interested in what you're doing. You've always done unique stuff from the different gifts and stuff you've done on social media, role in sports, check them out they're hilarious the stuff that I do with it. He s does all kinds of different clips from AFL to just things around the world, and you're hilarious and you don't get enough credit. You're kind of the guy behind the scenes. It sucks because I know you're such a funny guy and you're such a like charismatic person. It's good to have your face on camera. I know it doesn't happen very often Braden, but he's a good looking rooster.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was saying pre podcast that I was very, very, very very attractive. There was a lot of varies in there, but I appreciate it, and yeah, I hope it is a good story. I kind of it was weird because I've been in footy and media for like ten years and I don't know, I don't know if it just comes with age, but you get to a point I was just like bored of doing the same thing over and over. And I've always been a really like career driven person and I've always wanted like and I've always had that creative side, so like I've always wanted to do this, and then it I don't know, I think a lot of people had the exact same thing through COVID, where it was like you see a lot of people going the opposite direction to what everyone expected. Everyone thought that everyone would like try to hold onto their jobs and security and all of that.
Speaker 4: But it's really gone the other way.
Speaker 1: I feel like everyone's gone, like like life is short while am I wasting it in this shithole job that I'm working And no offense to all of the employers that employed me over the time, but yeah, it's like what do I love?
Speaker 4: Like what do I enjoy?
Speaker 1: And everyone seems to be doing that, And that's oddly enough. Sitting in the back of a v for me and creating content and having a laugh. Yeah, that's what and roland Sport you mentioned. It is just humor based content and like, I'm big on that, the lighter side of everything, like its foot is so fucking serious for oh my gosh, you know what it is. I think if everyone can just have a laugh and relax and just simmer down a bit, it's it's only good.
Speaker 2: That's what we're all about here, is all having a laugh, trying to learn new things. And the whole reason I think of creating this podcast is to tell some amazing stories like I've been fortunate enough in this grand scheme of life that I've been given this opportunity to come to a place that I knew nothing about and play sport I knew nothing about and being able to meet some amazing people on the ways, and I've got a bit of a different outlook on life because I didn't grow up here. I don't really know a ton about Australian culture at times, and some things can be a bit of a culture shock. But there's some amazing people I've met out there that have some amazing stories that I think a lot of people can learn from, and that's we're all about, I think telling those stories of those different kind of people, getting a bit of not only that, but also we're going to have a bit of a podcast within this of talking about the current topics and everything going on in the world and are kind of different thoughts and aspects on what's going on, and just to give a different light on things. I feel like maybe media sometimes can be just a bit of a straight line and it's no offense people, but I just think there's a lot of different ways you can take this and it's not a one size fits all kind of thing. So that's we're all about on this podcast. It's gonna be a great experience, man. Like you said, through COVID, a lot of people wanted to change out and see what they're passionate about in life, figure out what they really have an energy to put into. And I love the fact that you've created this fan, we've created this podcast, and we're really chasing those things that we're really passionate about.
Speaker 3: So we're really excited. Man.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited. I know you are, and we're really pumped together to get this thing off off the ground and get it started. So follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook and YouTube the top five so like, subscribe, heart, comment, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: It follow us around, you know, we're all in sports.
Speaker 2: Awesome what you're doing there, and there's so many other different podcasts's doing doing through the back of the span and yeah, it's exciting times to had man. The future is going to be brought.
Speaker 4: So good to get going finally for sure.
Speaker 2: Man, it's going to be hopefully a long long project. We're going to do and have some amazing experiences and be able to share some cool, cool life stories along the way.
Speaker 3: Let's do this thing. This is gonna be a blast. I have so much fun, man, let's do it.