Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Patsy Money, come on in, Jack Post.
Speaker 3: Good to see you guys now, Jack, how was your weekend hold up not leaving home until trying to potty train your two year old son Gordy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it was exactly that hold up. It really felt like I haven't seen you guys in months. Good to see you again, stir crazy since I saw you on Friday. Yeah, he did really well though. So the idea is that like an intensive three days straight where we stay at home essentially hover over Gordy so that anytime he feels like he needs to go to the toilet, we can offer the potty to him. But it meant we no excursions, not even going out Saturday morning for his swimming lessons. Nothing, just no nappies.
Speaker 3: Was he going stir crazy?
Speaker 4: No, well yes he was, but.
Speaker 2: The boys just at that it's just so much feral energy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a different way to me. I was going crazy where I wanted to sneak out a window, whereas he was going like so happy crazy that we're like we're all getting I'm naked all the time, just like in whirlwind causing destruction all over the house.
Speaker 3: So hows he where is he on his sort of then potty training? Is he doing it now?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: He's doing it, So he's hey, well done, that's ship. Do you want to hear some discussing part of it? I'd love to quickly.
Speaker 3: That is why I good it this morning.
Speaker 4: He did his first pooh in the backyard on Saturday, and I.
Speaker 3: And he filmed all this yet just because that's a lamp up moment for a young man, isn't it. It's a right of passage, well out of a passage.
Speaker 4: So I ran inside. I was like, you know, if you need to keep going, I'll go in and get the potty and can bring it out. We keep going. By the time I came back, Luna had eaten the purpose. I stop it just discussing and oh my god, you're meant to not make a big deal either way about what's happening around potty training, like not be sad if he misses it, but not to be too over excited if he gets it. So I threw up a little bit in my mouth, but I didn't want to show him obviously that I and that right there is some great.
Speaker 3: Daddy to hide it just swallow that he's taking one for the dead team. That is impressive because that's dogs are a vaulting on us. They's so bad and they would later we like, we let them lick us.
Speaker 4: They were like, oh so cute. It's like, I remember what you did.
Speaker 3: You know where that snout has been? And so why today because you go back to like kinder today?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so he goes today, and.
Speaker 3: Does he take the potty with him?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: He doesn't. I guess they have one there that he uses. You'd hope, so, wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: You'd hope they'd have potties available though, someone kind of toilet facilities.
Speaker 4: It will be interesting to see how he goes. Also because he spent so much of the weekend naked because he didn't like the feeling of pants on him but without the napeon, so he kept taking his pants off and he's not allowed to do that at daycare.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: It's hard, though, isn't it, because you don't want to shame there or anything. Or it's just a natural urge right now, you know? And so who was between you and Bianca? Who was there when he first? Because this is always a bony contentional team. Me and my wife and our kids are now sort of seventeen and twenty, but people, we still argue. But no, I think I was there first.
Speaker 4: This is honestly, this is cute. On the way home from the radio show on Friday, Bank called me in tears because he had already done a pee in the party.
Speaker 2: Wow, that big a deal.
Speaker 4: It is because you don't want to show them again, like you don't want to show them too much emotions. So they're like, why did our parents kiss so much about me peeing here? And give him some kind of complex. She hid around in a different room and she said, I don't want him to see me, but I'm crying because.
Speaker 3: It is beautiful that you threw up into your mouth. You know that you've got two different modes of parents in there.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcasts too.
Speaker 3: People that couldn't get out over the weekend. Let's check in now with Patsy and the Werribee Love God.
Speaker 2: Find out how we go into.
Speaker 3: Week three as Chris, Pats's husband recovers from his knee operation.
Speaker 2: Against them and every.
Speaker 1: Other day he gets a spongebar.
Speaker 7: Maybe I'll just wheel him out the back. I had to put a drink of water there.
Speaker 3: You get hits from Prenupstill weekend, Patsy, how was it for you both?
Speaker 8: You say week three?
Speaker 7: It feels like week thirty three. Look, I have to say each day, like with Gordy and the potty training, there's progress and naked there is progress the engine every day. And we did get him out on Saturday, like I said we would. We went out for brunch. But honestly it was like, you m actually.
Speaker 3: Get him out for brunch? How did you do that? And then because his knee has to be extended.
Speaker 7: Yes, with a great deal of hassles. So backed the car up the driveway with the passenger side closest to the front door, just to make his passage into the car as simple and quick and easy as possible. But honestly, it was like leaving the house when you've got a newborn baby.
Speaker 8: It took us forever.
Speaker 3: Actually, because yeah, you're worried about injuring him.
Speaker 8: I reckon.
Speaker 7: It took about half an hour just to get me in the car. So he's on the crutches now, which is good. So he's sacked this zimmer frame and he's on the crutches. But because it's now which leg is it? Hang on, I've got to get it right because it's his right leg. So as he's getting into the passenger side, is sort of balancing on the left leg, so he's kind of like crouched down, kind of with his legs straight out the front, trying to if you can imagine, hop into the.
Speaker 3: Car butt what a carry on? Just get him in the car. At some point in us thought we'd just get the breach.
Speaker 7: Well, he almost gave up at one point he said, you know, and I said, no, we are going out today.
Speaker 8: Today is the day.
Speaker 7: So anyway, it took us a while, but he got in the front seat. So that's another milestone that he couldn't do last week.
Speaker 3: Put the front seats all the way back bat to the front seat.
Speaker 7: He's moving up in the world. Anyway, we went out to where it be souths.
Speaker 3: Have been quite emotional to leave that culder sack because he's not He's not left the coulder sack in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 7: He was like a dog in the back seat on a Saturday, window win.
Speaker 8: Through his hair.
Speaker 7: Anyway, we got out there, but getting it out of the car was harder than getting in. So I pulled right up to the front door of the car, Fae almost up on the on the sidewalk almost, But as he was getting out, he kind of slipped and grabbed the outside rim of sort of the roof of the car.
Speaker 8: You know where that rubber bit is, Yes, the seal.
Speaker 7: Yeah, grabbed onto the seal unfortunately, and kind of like coat hang it off that for a few seconds.
Speaker 3: That people just having just gone off for a nice walk the newman's ahare torn the seal.
Speaker 2: Off the car.
Speaker 8: It's like that game of monkey, you know, the monkeys shit.
Speaker 3: Poor Chris. It's just humiliating, isn't it? For him? Oh?
Speaker 8: He just he is so fed up with it all.
Speaker 7: But you know what, he's going back to work today, just working from home. But I think that'll be really good because all his colleagues will rally around him, and they've missed him lots, of course, so I think that will lift his spirits a bit today.
Speaker 3: I so is it his choice or your choices that I think get the feeling that he's so bored. He's gone back to work office work pretty much, but he can hardly move.
Speaker 8: No, But that's all right.
Speaker 7: So we've had to whenever we leave him for the day, we have to set up everything sort of within arms reach. So Audrey gets his lunch box and packed his lunch today, and he's got his computer and his little laptop table and every possible thing he needs, his phone charger, all within reaching sort of distance.
Speaker 3: Persy.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I know you were indoors all weekend, but let me tell in our jack it was wild over the weekend because a lot of mums and kids panic buying for Father's Day. This coming Sunday. This coming Sunday is Father's Day. It should probably be news for ninety nine point nine percent of people listening in a word, Father's Day underwhelming.
Speaker 2: Underwhelming.
Speaker 3: Yesterday I wanted into JB Sports and I saw that they had a very small section. It must have been like that allocated two percent of all the stock that they had in JB Sports, And it was made for Dad. And it was just a rack of Traxit pants. That's just the stuff you sell everyone's wanted. This has not changed since last weekend or before the countdown to Father's Day. And I was shopping in Myers and the lady goes, oh, because it's some weekend before Father's Day, you qualified for a compliment your Father's Day gift. And she goes, are you a father? And yes, he goes even better for you, and then she and then she added it up and I realized I went, hang on out, I think you've charged me for this. She went, oh, yeah, sorry, I just need to go and get a supervisor because I don't know the code. The code for the complimentary Father's Day gift zero. That's all we were. We're a code zero. And that sums up everyone's attitude to Father's Day. In supermarket, my local supermarket, there's a wall was and by the trolleys.
Speaker 2: I'm going to post this on social media.
Speaker 3: It's a very slim stack of shoddy, barely thought out lacklust your Father's Day cards of antique sporting equipment.
Speaker 2: One of them just says top bloke.
Speaker 4: Yep, it's like you wouldn't get one.
Speaker 2: From mom, like top girl, top bird.
Speaker 3: This almost impersonal, Actually, Fathers Day, it's almost impersonal.
Speaker 4: The guy who lives in our house pretty much, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good on, you enjoy your hour.
Speaker 3: And then my daughter has a weekend job at Southron right, and so I dropped her off then and went to go and pick her up, and as a picture, Ich went, oh, I'm gonna eat half an hour or so, I need to get some things. I went Father's Day. I said, okay, well i'll go and I'll just go. Wait. So I thought, oh, I'll go in this a podcast because she said half an hour. Eight minutes later she called me, going, I'm done eight minutes. You manage to find something cue because it's busy, and pay for it in eight minutes. For me, what have I got to look forward to? I bet you I'm getting that compass.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: You know, noticing Jack and I are more chilledren normal. It's because neither of our teams are in the finals.
Speaker 4: We can relax.
Speaker 2: Just all joy, just all joy, just enjoy the right.
Speaker 3: Even going to watch the d take on the Pies Friday night, I had no I had nothing invested in the game. There's no way the D's are going to win. The years over did it ever really begin? It was just a joy. Skipping up to the g Friday night, I entered not stressed in any way. I am free of expectation and burden. It's the hope and sport that always kills you. All right, let's get into the Golden Year, and this week the Golden Year, we go back to two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: Patsy, what were you? What was going on for you in two thousand and six?
Speaker 7: Two thousand and six, so I was still at Nova. I think that's our year of first year. We went to America, I think on holiday two thousand and six, which was fantastic.
Speaker 4: What do you ever remember of it?
Speaker 9: What do I.
Speaker 7: Remember going to New York like that was the first time we'd ever been to New York, which was amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I remember when we first time, Sarah I before our kids went to New York and never been there before, and it was just so wildly exotic and exciting, noisy, busy, and you felt like you were walking onto a movie set. It was like you might see someone very famous at a moment.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: You know who we did see in the Basement of Sex the department store was Melissa George went all the way to America to see in Australia.
Speaker 3: It's the name.
Speaker 7: She was off timing away.
Speaker 3: I said, you're about I actually said, you could see anyone very famous then or not someone from Ellwood.
Speaker 7: How funny is and we went down to Memphis to Christland.
Speaker 3: Oh so yeah, so on my back at this to do and next is two thousand and six for me is shot through one amazing thing. I became a dad for the second time, a second daughter, come to a life Lois and it was a very unique berth and that this was a home birth. And it's a wildly exciting ride when you're there and it's all happening in your house. It was an incredible experience. Yeah, it was amazing, all right. Two thousand and six Twitter was last Pluto the planet was downgraded to a dwarf planet. We all remember where we were when we heard that news. Couldo to dig that one out again? Heaven forbid? I just moved on.
Speaker 4: Has been reinstated.
Speaker 2: I thought it got it.
Speaker 3: I thought he's got its rights back. Didn't it come off the I think it's back being a planet now?
Speaker 4: Furiousay, No, it's still.
Speaker 3: Oh dear, poor old shout out to Pluto. Brittany and kay fed Oh my god, remember all that when that was huge? That news story got divorced. People magazine named Brad Pittnander Jolie number one baby of the year. George Clooney was the sexiest man alive. US Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot one of his friends.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: This was in the before Trump. We thought it was pretty wild. Bush Junior. They were quail hunt shot him in the ass. This guy is the VP shot Fred in the backside.
Speaker 2: Quail hunting.
Speaker 3: In TV and movies that seventies show Malcolm Middle and Arrested Development all the final episode, Such a love man him in the middle the biggest movie of the.
Speaker 2: Year, borat Wow.
Speaker 10: Nice.
Speaker 2: The other huge global.
Speaker 3: News story but must have been massive news here was the parson of Steve Erwin.
Speaker 11: Australian crocodile hunter.
Speaker 3: Steve Irwin has died during a diving expedition near Port Douglass in Australia. Well, it's reported the environmentalist was killed after being stabbed by a stingray barb in the chest while filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef. So this must have been a huge story to her to talk about for everybody.
Speaker 12: Huge.
Speaker 7: I couldn't believe when it happened. Everyone was in so much shock. And then Terrier when I think her and Bindy and Robert were down in Tazzy so they weren't with him, and how she found out about it, you know, they're away from phone reception for so long. And then she was telling Ray Martin in a documentary how Bindy was out the front skipping rope at this cafe where she'd finally got phone. You know, she had this message, you've got a call.
Speaker 8: You've got to call.
Speaker 7: Something's happened. And she found out and she said, you know, I still remember her saying she looked out the window and saw Binley skipping and thinking, oh god, I've got to go and tell her that, you know, her dad's been in this terrible accident and then he's died. So yeah, but Australia Zoo is such a beautiful legacy to him. Friends of ours actually just went last week and said it was absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 3: Did so much and you know what, just like Sir David Attenborough, Steve I went showed the natural World to so many kids and families all over the world. I mean it was massive in the UK, huge in America. His show on the Discovery Channel was the number one show for about eleven years. It's an incredible legacy. The Owen family are still like the Kardashians, but they're actually known for doing something good rather than it's a terrible example actually compounded Nature's Kadesha, actually known for something good in the world. But yeah, I must have been a real moment for the remember what was right, especially because of the of how he passed away as well in other innother not quite so big news, but it was still big. Two thousand and six fee Foot Wild Cup in Germany and Australia. I remember there's been the news. It was the first time he've been it since nineteen seventy four and he managed to somehow qualify Havenr never scored a goal.
Speaker 5: He's Alouisi for a place in the world for us.
Speaker 4: Gods, what amy?
Speaker 2: That must have been awesome? Sob is that true?
Speaker 3: We didn't score goals, but in the qualifiers and justin the penalty.
Speaker 9: Shootout we went We went to the World Cup in nineteen seventy four and we didn't score a single goal.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, And then there was this incredible get The game against Japan was amazing or thanks to the amazing player Tim Cahill, Jay Hill.
Speaker 1: Jay Hell help ja Jay John had a jam.
Speaker 9: What a goal by, said Chay.
Speaker 12: Hell to u.
Speaker 3: It's a wonderful Now. When the two thousand six World Cup, Australia actually made it past the group stage and then sadly there was a very dodgy Italian penalty.
Speaker 1: No it's gonna be a penalty Kickalent.
Speaker 3: Lucasville cannot believe it.
Speaker 2: It looks a shocker of a decision to me.
Speaker 3: It should not have been a penalty.
Speaker 4: I still remember the newspaper the next day. The headline was nine out of ten experts say no penalty.
Speaker 3: Wow, wow, I hate that Italy all right? Coming up next week, get into the big Hits of two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're doing the Golden Year on a Monday.
Speaker 3: We go back to a year, we play the one second winner, we look at the big hits of that year. This week is two thousand and six. Jack and Pat's taking each other on with the big hits to two thousand and six. Jack, what were you up to in two thousand and six?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: His first year at a high school, studying film and television at Tafe.
Speaker 3: When I sometimes when we do the Golden year. I just plot how much younger you are than me? And pats as me becoming a dad for the second time, broadcasting in London on the radio the two thousand it's Jack's just out of high school? Good lord? All right, okay one second winner Hits of two thousand and six. Okay, let's go favorite in this round. I think you're going to be hot on this for two thousand and six.
Speaker 4: This is your time, that's your genre, Jack, Yeah, two thousand and six was my first big breakup with a girlfriend, so I was listening to a lot of sad music. If you can do sad ones.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no. One about the flowers in the hair is a little bit sad, all right?
Speaker 2: Two thousand and six.
Speaker 7: Oh that's Shakira. Yes, these hips don't link, they don't.
Speaker 3: Starts early, strong, start from Patsy two thousand and six. Oh yes, this is the Sisters. Don't feel like dancing? Wow, come back? They were massive in two thousand and six.
Speaker 2: All right, who's this?
Speaker 4: That's the Killers?
Speaker 3: Once more?
Speaker 11: Savage?
Speaker 7: Is that the theme isn't the name?
Speaker 3: What's que what's the theme? It's just that guess the person round? When you were young mother killers start.
Speaker 12: You get no quotes for that.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if either of you tell.
Speaker 3: This is a wow. She was her one hit. Wonder I think I do when she came into my old show and did this life never to be seen over again? Not a lot of the guests we used to have actually sixty nine.
Speaker 4: Oh, I would have no idea what her name is, But is it this song? Like I'm a punk rocker with flowers in my head.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give you all the points I wish I was a punk rockert. She does go on to say, with flowers in my hair, Sandy Tom.
Speaker 9: A punk rocker seventy seven and sixty and nine.
Speaker 3: Remember chosen there?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 4: That is the red Hot Chili Peppers, Danny California.
Speaker 3: Weld all right to mon Ago two thousand and six. Big hits from justin Timberlane, milkshakes, not my friend, You've got it, Patsy ding Ding, she knows the sexy back.
Speaker 2: When Chris blasts this on the sodas it's time for Garrida.
Speaker 3: Silver back here.
Speaker 2: In case it shout a lot of the hits of two thousand and six. Key you in the lambs in the club, all.
Speaker 3: Right, this was a great song. Oh yeah, who sung it crazily? It's so crazy.
Speaker 11: Elsewhere?
Speaker 4: What I already got it?
Speaker 3: The album was called that way all over the place to day Patsy, aren't we huh.
Speaker 2: No, it's Barkley crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't know who want that?
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 3: Which one of these? Yeah, let's go late to the news.
Speaker 2: Which one of these do you want to hear?
Speaker 3: Next?
Speaker 2: Rio Team get Ready primed?
Speaker 4: Okay? Do you want to hit Tom? Not say any Tom?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 9: No no no?
Speaker 12: Or yes?
Speaker 3: Or hang on another qualify?
Speaker 2: Just come through?
Speaker 3: Sorry? What's going on over therese O fireworks display red hot chili peppers for me?
Speaker 2: Patty?
Speaker 7: Well, I've wanted sixy back, but no one else wants sixty back.
Speaker 3: Well, we're at a stand up here.
Speaker 2: Surprises, all right, so let me get again. So it's either.
Speaker 7: Or pats second one for mine doesn't even know what is how bout the whatever it is.
Speaker 3: She just doesn't want me to get my way.
Speaker 2: This is the killers and this is the chili Peppers. Which one do you want?
Speaker 3: Killers? Killers for me on a Monday, Killers for me as well?
Speaker 2: Killers coming back? That's easy.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Over the last couple of years, this radio station has had a thing called sorry, a person called cash Man. Cash Man be giving away and this is very unusual for legislations be given away a lot of money, And sadly cash Man's come back in twenty twenty four in a very different way. Actually he's not got a lot of money. In fact, he's got not not much at all.
Speaker 10: Let me day down date another fifty for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was one o'clock last Tuesday.
Speaker 10: Mike caves are fluttering. Here's another fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Wow, wows Welser, I mean K and J fifteen thousand a show they give away here on Gold the entire station has managed to get together fifty bucks.
Speaker 10: Cash Man's my name, and I bring good luck. I've got money for you. Here's fifty buck Wow.
Speaker 3: We and another big win from last week and another fifty dollars. It's like in atm SO anyway, if that's the state of the world these days. We've got Petty cash Man.
Speaker 9: His supersuits from Ako.
Speaker 6: He's cash Ma Bill's a Keyarrio is the penny pinching gold coin hoarning proceipt requiring Petty cash Man.
Speaker 3: Cash man, how are you? How was your weekend?
Speaker 12: I had a lovely, lovely spend free weekends.
Speaker 3: And how did you celebrate your foot EA team the Swan's making finals.
Speaker 9: Oh? I simply had a lovely free cup of water and went to bed early.
Speaker 12: He was met all like a moun.
Speaker 3: Now, petty cash man, how much money have you got left over to give away to our lucky listeners?
Speaker 12: Well, on Friday I.
Speaker 6: Was almost broke, but I still have fifteen dollars and ten cents to my name.
Speaker 3: Fifteen dollars and ten cents we're giving away, all right, So corner now if you want a share, shehd don't go for a month?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 3: Cost of a.
Speaker 2: Coffee six bucks?
Speaker 3: Seven bucks?
Speaker 4: Probably get three in.
Speaker 2: Three maybe coffee?
Speaker 3: All right? One coffee and three straws. Making budgets work. That's what we love on this show. Oh right, give us cool nine four one four one o four three. What would you like some of the fifteen dollars and ten cents? The phone number again for them to call you, petty cash.
Speaker 12: Man nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 3: There we go a little bit confused. There wasn't He's written down a big piece of paper for me as well.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast to.
Speaker 3: One or two railing Christian, thank you for playing the Killers. And on my way to the airport to go and see the Killers live in Vegas's one of the odds.
Speaker 2: What are the odds?
Speaker 3: Great place to see them as well, Vegas, perfect wind up for my trip, blasting it in the car. All right, petty cash Man is here. You found the Killers. I really tell you one thing. I've not a petty cash man good with the old appety like, un plumped in questions.
Speaker 2: Does what's happened to real?
Speaker 3: You know normally he's gonna answer you give them that big ass microphone. Absolutely glad.
Speaker 12: I was reaching and I didn't fully hear the question.
Speaker 3: Next to me, we're three feet apart.
Speaker 2: Petty cash Man, get with the living.
Speaker 6: If you're tipped for the bell hops, a little latt luster poor, you're all out of coins for the juggling busker. He's great here with the squirpt There's only one name that you need to utter. It's Patsy cash Man.
Speaker 3: Terrify Rea right now, ask him a question that cash Man has to answer. Cash Man, what was your favorite subject in school?
Speaker 13: Jack?
Speaker 2: Coming back he's coming back. All right, how much money do we have to give away, petty cash Man?
Speaker 12: I have fifteen dollars and ten cents in my little tin.
Speaker 2: Oh lovely, all right, it's going to Meg here. Morning Meg, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm great? You're live with petty cash Man.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this is exciting in real life celebrity ditty Cashman.
Speaker 4: Monday may look at the cadistry between these incredible and real natural On the way to.
Speaker 3: Work, I need a coffee.
Speaker 2: Please please give me five dollars for a coffee now.
Speaker 12: I only have fifteen dollars and ten cents Meg, to work while investment, I think.
Speaker 6: Let me, yes, Meg, I can grant you one coffee, but one only and no special milks.
Speaker 3: Petty Cashman, another happy customer there, enjoy Meg. Austerity milk is cow? I don't know any cow milk in that piece. Oh my as coach wants to play for oat milk. Then, Lindsay, good morning, Lindsay, good morning.
Speaker 5: Christian mate. I would like to ask mister petty cash Man for six dollars ninety five because I've got a real miserable daughter and I'd love to give her a happy meal.
Speaker 3: Oh my word, this is the spirit of Father's down the station right?
Speaker 12: Is this for after school, Lindsay? Or as a before school treat on breakfast?
Speaker 3: You are?
Speaker 2: It would set you right for a school day?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 1: Hitting those books my problem, teacher's problem.
Speaker 12: True, not exactly. A heart foundation.
Speaker 3: Happy meal for break Dad of the year on the line. Here, Far be it from me to deny it. Have we got we got?
Speaker 2: Have we got enough for two happy meals? Give our grumpy dad one as well?
Speaker 4: We actually we actually don't.
Speaker 3: We don't do it. Just share it. You have to share it. You will have to.
Speaker 12: Share the happy meal, Lindsay.
Speaker 6: But I'm happy to put a smile on your dial and grant you the six dollars ninety five.
Speaker 5: Thank you, mister petty cash man.
Speaker 3: Thank you there, Lindsey, so cash Man, We'll see you again. Friday watched this How much money will you have? Friday?
Speaker 1: No Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: If you've ever tried to organize a surprise, you're constantly worried. At any moment, all the effort is going to come tumbling around your eyes and ears. And you've worked so hard to do it, very hard. In the put off producer Kaitlin has managed to put off an amazing reveal over the weekend. Kayden, So tell everyone, first of all, what you'd ordered, right? Not a small thing to hide around the house for your partner head of her birthday.
Speaker 11: I bought my partner a sauna.
Speaker 3: This is amazing. Yeah. So it's an infrared sauna.
Speaker 13: Infrared sauna. It's a two person so it's quite large, yes, yep.
Speaker 3: And so it arrives and then who's putting it together?
Speaker 13: So it took I bought it last Saturday, and I was assured that it would be here by Friday Friday at two o'clock. My partner normally finishes around that time, so I was freaking out. But me and her brother put it together on Friday afternoon.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. And how long does it take? Because it's like the day is for me, it's just a bedside table or anything. A deaths from my care.
Speaker 11: So it was eight pieces. It was actually really easy to piece together, but it was very heavy. It took us two hours.
Speaker 4: So quick.
Speaker 3: And so how do you power it? Because they use up a lot of juice.
Speaker 11: Actually they're not that bad. I can just use like a ten vault normal house power in little I.
Speaker 3: Can see this within the next two weeks. We're here about you shutting down the Wearabee was a short so that something you bought off tu.
Speaker 13: Yeah, we actually did have a power outage in our stream on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Red sauna.
Speaker 11: We I hadn't use it yet. No, these saunas are great, Like they're really easy to pay.
Speaker 3: They're so good for you.
Speaker 11: They only cost forty seven cents for an hour.
Speaker 3: Oh they really sold it into you good, didn't they. Now, so you put it together, this is amazing. And then where is it going to live?
Speaker 13: So it lives in our garage because it's quite huge and our home is about one hundred years old, so as you can imagine, it's quite a small house because back then homes weren't built to be large.
Speaker 11: So we popped it in our garage.
Speaker 3: I've never heard that angle on it before. I'll go with it. Just moved it from the UK when people dwarf for some stuff like that Middle earthers. But anyway, we'll go along with it. Why not? And Okay, So there's a tiny tiny hole you're in like fraggle Rock. You're living in this, you're living in somebody else's skirting border.
Speaker 4: One hundred years ago. They didn't plan ahead for the sauna room, so there's nothing in.
Speaker 3: Bad There were such flat earthers, weren't they one hundred years ago? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Where were we?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 11: Yes that I put it out in the garage, which is quite large.
Speaker 2: Within a week or two you're using that to store stuff there.
Speaker 3: The other stuff you.
Speaker 2: Will open up that inf red door and screwdrivers. I can't bother to put it away.
Speaker 3: We used the bicycle pumper go in there, and old mountain bikes and roller boots that all get shoved in there. It would come and upright storage facilities slash in for red sauna.
Speaker 13: No, we have quite a big backyard because the house is so small, so the garage is quite last.
Speaker 2: It's real disportionate house, isn't What are they thinking of?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 3: All the space world outside?
Speaker 1: We really do.
Speaker 11: We have a huge boatyard.
Speaker 13: And so essentially we had built this sauna and then zem my partner, was coming home on the train and me and her brother were trying to hide not only the sauna but the box that it came in, because the box was literally the sause.
Speaker 2: It's like a double person coffin.
Speaker 3: It came in. It's not paper, it's wooden.
Speaker 2: How do you get rid of it?
Speaker 13: So we had to hide it in the garage too and shut the garage. But the worst thing is my partner's mold tease. So she like like brushes the concrete.
Speaker 3: So you should have said they loved the brush concrete. That guy loves to brush that concrete.
Speaker 11: They brew like seriously clean concrete constantly.
Speaker 3: So they don't know. They're barely sleep out there.
Speaker 11: I was so lucky that she when she got home.
Speaker 2: It was predjusted the concrete just to delay her, actually did.
Speaker 13: I had to hire add all the evidence I could, and it was pouring at the time, so at no point did she go out and do her normal routine where she would go.
Speaker 11: Isn't it anyway?
Speaker 13: So I hid this huge two person sauna for a whole night and day, and then I revealed.
Speaker 11: It to her.
Speaker 2: It was fully installed bill plugged in in for red sauna.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she didn't amazing.
Speaker 11: You didn't even notice it.
Speaker 13: And even when we were walking out the next morning to the garage, she was like, what's going on?
Speaker 11: And I'm like, what else would be out here other than a sauna.
Speaker 3: Well, and you didn't say anything. There was an energy about you because you're a very sort of enthusiastic person. You didn't give anything away. It's incredible.
Speaker 11: No, I didn't.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 11: I actually thought she was going to know that it was a sauna.
Speaker 3: So when did you? How do you do the reveal?
Speaker 11: So I got a.
Speaker 13: Backrest with it, and so I gave her that rat. But when she opened that, she thought it was something for your feet.
Speaker 3: So she stood on it and I was like, no, we've got to go get on that concrete. While she's dust in that concrete. Oh it's a Maltese kneeling pad.
Speaker 12: Son.
Speaker 4: You really get scrub by her concrete.
Speaker 3: Love. So what was her reaction?
Speaker 8: She was over the moon.
Speaker 11: She had no idea and it was like a kid at Christmas, Like she ran up to it.
Speaker 3: She's like, we've got a sona that actually jealous. It's such a great story.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast, the.
Speaker 3: Last couple of weeks swimming giving away our middle aged showbacks. Now with this weekend Father's Day, what about if you're going to make a Father's Day showback, what would absolutely have to go in But because if you've been out of the shop so last week or so, you'll see there's some pretty strange things that are being marketed as for dads. Like I said, last week, I was in a card shop and I saw there was the ideal gift for dads and it was crap like a And first of all, there was the antique shaving set, which no, dad say we're going to use, you know, like the bristles, the little mirror, dead wood, I'm in the wild West or something man handling.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: It was in a beautiful case, but it was like ninety five bucks. Just get me, did you let five those blakes? They're a little bit under ninety five, only just And then there was the just this brass, fake faux antique compass, And I'm thinking, what poor sapaha dad is opened up and has to put on a fake smile, like why would you want this's got unless he's an ancient mariner or something, but why would he want a sexton with.
Speaker 4: That ancient shaving kit and the compass. It's really like they think at some stage you're going to be lost in the wilderness.
Speaker 2: Oh this is how old he is.
Speaker 3: This is what he would have used as a young man, so let's get some age appropriate artifacts from his much storied past. So this is why we need to come to the aid here of what actual items would a dad really want in a Father's Day showbag. Yesterday I was out and about. I saw one place to get it right, which is bonds, And they had in the window as worn by dad's and I actually made a note of what they wrote down underneath it. They were like Father's Day, celebrating Father's Day the comfy way. This appealed to me. Right there were dads and just in their jocks and socks, and I went, that's that's comfortable. Trade on the comfort for me. So in terms of what I would actually genuinely love, this is gonna sound a bot. I actually would love some nice new socks.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. It's like, it's such a stereotype like, oh, you just got your dad jocks and socks. But now as a dad, I actually like that.
Speaker 3: My socks kept being stolen of mother, kids and my wife some some nice I also I like socks that have a decent elasticity around the top. I don't like a baggy sock, yes, but it can be too tight.
Speaker 4: Change Yes, yes, leave the mark.
Speaker 3: Around the ankle. So I don't know what the balances you should be something we can adjust it yourself. You could put it tight or ease it off like a drawbrag set belts. Yeah, yeah, you know like you did for the bin bad the ones who've got the drawstrings, you can adjust it accordingly. I would like socks in there also. The amount of times I'm giving some something and I'm just told to Could you just open the back off and put some new batteries in this? There's those micro micro screwdrivers. So I've got normal screwdrivers, but they're too big and they break the thread. There's a tiny tiny we have.
Speaker 4: A micro screwdriver, see, and he's exactly that.
Speaker 2: He's probably got some of that micro house she lives in.
Speaker 4: You do you just use your fingers to unscrew.
Speaker 3: Yes, micro adjustable screwdrivers I'd like in there as well.
Speaker 2: What would you like? What would it be essential Father's Day items for you?
Speaker 4: Something I was shocked to find out that most of the team doesn't use, but I still use every time I cook the meat. The momonter. Yes, if your dad doesn't have a meet the moment, that's a great present got to be in.
Speaker 3: This in the showbag. He's this barbecue game this summer.
Speaker 4: The other one is a tape measure. And even if your dad has.
Speaker 3: No measure, twice cut once. No, if you old man's a trading I've got no business having a tape measure because I would lower the value of the house measuring. Why would I be measuring up? Get someone else in who can do that. We've got three around the house tape measures there.
Speaker 2: What those proper trading wants?
Speaker 5: Yep?
Speaker 3: I find them all to quite intimidate when you press that little return bone, because you can they can chafe your hands, all right? So what essential items should go in the Father's Day showbag?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: About half an hour ago we were chatting to the fizzing human firework that is producing gaitling and we're supposed to be getting a story about him fred sauna being installed. We got so much more actually about tiny houses and mare Tese people loving to water down and brush their concrete. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. Multa really small country.
Speaker 3: You don't really spend a lot of time thinking about what some other sort of things traits, national traits were Maltese people anyway, We stand corrected, Christian. This come from Jason Bezina, My eighty year old Maltese mother stool waters down her concrete driveway every Saturday morning. Thank you very much to Maltese Falcan. Thank you, Jason. All Right, so we're putting together a Father's Day showbag? What needs to go in? What are the things? You know? We moaned about the terrible ideas that are palmed off as ideal for Father's Day? What actually would you want in there?
Speaker 6: You mean?
Speaker 3: Years ago, having a pen knife was quite a noble thing, wasn't he? Yeah? What is a pen knife? I only really not from being referenced on TV shows. Yeah, I would love a kind of pen knife. Well, I'm just when I'm sitting out of the back debt wood whitling or something making a spoon or a ornate letter owner something up. But I'd love a nice pen Years ago, pen knife used to be a thing, didn't they? You know? Is it dying art now the pen knife industry? Perhapsy?
Speaker 2: What do you think? What would Chris love for father to say?
Speaker 3: Look? What items can we put in this Father's Day showback?
Speaker 7: There's two things. One is a spirit level just for hanging pictures that I need him to hang.
Speaker 3: You don't use his spirit, oh no, he's very fastidious.
Speaker 7: Gallery you can get just like tiny little mini ones. And the other thing he would like is an automatic It's a bit like a shoehorn for socks. It's like an automatic sock puller.
Speaker 2: Honora Dromet Factory Shucks Granite.
Speaker 3: Simply bear your iPhone to the opera.
Speaker 7: It's like a contraption that he insists you can get on Amazon that puts your You put your foot on this plastic thing and it puts your sock on.
Speaker 8: You pull this lever and it puts your sock on.
Speaker 3: I'm all for comfort early in the morning when we get up. I just want to be dressed easily. But I didn't know there's now devices I could put my feet into the dam kids sock butler.
Speaker 8: I think it's called a sock slider.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, I'm gonna have to Sock sliders are going in producer Rio. It's just on Google right now. Have you found the sock slide? It just exists.
Speaker 9: It's only sixteen dollars on a bank on Amazon. Yeah, it's not. It's not automated, like it's not like it's not what.
Speaker 6: You know, like.
Speaker 9: I don't even know it's like a slingshot for your socks.
Speaker 13: What.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's an elastic band. It's not sort of like what I had in my head was like some sort of robot hand.
Speaker 3: Yeah on your foot.
Speaker 4: No, it's like a little cradle that sits on the floor and you and it has a sock wide open and it looks like as you put your foot into it.
Speaker 3: It must at some point you're going to the effort to set up the which it's probably double the time. It hates to just put the damn sock on. So if anything you'reding, you.
Speaker 2: Have to go to get earlier to set the foot trap or whatever. It is, like a bear trap for your feet.
Speaker 4: I did hate putting my socks on in the morning. Yeah, something that you can do the night before. You can set up the cradle and then it's ready for you in the morning. Okay, all right, so let's get the loan. It's nine four one four one o four three. What item should go in Our Father's Day Showbagic.
Speaker 12: Mick, Good morning Christian and Toe how are you?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Way good now? Make what should go in for us dad's.
Speaker 1: Nostril and earhead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, essentral I remember in my twenties. I still love come dude, don't really need that today. And suddenly one day you look at the mirror like, oh my god boy, and you'll go to life. How long has that been there? For a while?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 3: For a while now.
Speaker 1: Then investment for the future, Yeah, never used it.
Speaker 4: I've got the nostril trim.
Speaker 2: How you've got that to look forward to? You got that too?
Speaker 4: Forward to?
Speaker 3: Why is it the head starts growing that. It's actually a cruel trick as you get older. There's enough going on with that. Suddenly hair coming out of your ears for some reason, escaping out of you in a here, Mick, that's a great idea. Let's go to Scotty now. Good morning Scotty, Yeah, morning team. How are we?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're good to hope you had a nice weekend?
Speaker 5: Did definitely so? I was thinking like a pass or a credit for a two hour nap on the coouchs on a Saturday or Sunday.
Speaker 3: A nap voucher two hours?
Speaker 2: All right, Scott, thank you very much. You just started his napline.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: I'm now wondering what it's done for my algorithm and what new adverts. So we're going to get served up now I've ordered the sock slider is now going to go.
Speaker 2: Oh see, you must be nearly dead a plan your funeral?
Speaker 3: Maybe to get that willed up before you die in home Elevado, one of those would be great ione to hear at the station.
Speaker 2: God won a four point three.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show Time for the brand new Mishard lyrics No No Miss hurdanay Christian O'Connell's Miss Hurd Lyrics. Every Monday we play back your brand new Mishard lyrics. And as we're playing the back and we agree what you think you're mishearing, you all hear if we don't hear it.
Speaker 2: And for the really great ones. Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Now, last Monday we had a couple of Hall of Famous first one for Nathan and Dave, Carol who fights is my hero?
Speaker 2: There goes my hero?
Speaker 3: Suck it? Mary and listener Ryan had this one by Birds of Tokyo plans. You know fish don't fit all right? Actually just feel's part of the songs who that kind of wishy washy sound. Alright e brand new ones Desiree smells like teen Spirit Nirvana, my libido. Oh, different kind of vibe. Jalapino?
Speaker 2: That is there is you're angry about that? Surprise?
Speaker 3: Kalapino. Sarah's got a Contigo by Tiesto. Wow, we are Tiesto reference right now? Ninety nine percent the Tarkords are going who does he? Is he one of the Italian guys that plays for the Bulldogs?
Speaker 2: Tiesto?
Speaker 3: H So original line contigo contigo? Or is it grunt giggle, grunt grunt giggle. I prefer your version, Sarah Gesso's remixed themselves grunt giggle, crunt grunt giggle.
Speaker 2: Matilda's Got This by Big Red Machine Forest Green.
Speaker 3: More time or time or they a fan of tie kickboxing and it's moy time time. You must be into mo time to know that's how you meant to pronounce it. This is a very.
Speaker 2: Specific spot that very good. I'm going to give you a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: Actually, all of this is a contender to by Dave Bob Marley, Get up, stand up. Original line from Bob is all that glitters is gold? Or is it all that pizza is cold. First click, I can't hear now all that glitters is gold. I'm hearing the misheard all that pizza is cold. It seems annoyed about it. You would be. And finally we've got listener Chris Robbie Williams. She's Madonna, but face it, she's Madonna? Or is it the face of cheese Madonna? Chris? That's a great one as well. Come on in, all right, that's this week's miss said Lewis. As always, whenever you miss hear a song, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com. Today you thank you, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Lights for your keys, tie down and racket straps.
Speaker 4: Is that essential for ratchet straps? When you have them, you're so happy.
Speaker 3: I've got the ratchets, tramps and also those other essential items for every dad. The bungee cord are terrifying. That hook and that thing always magically hit in the back of your wrist where there's no muscle protection. I fear the cheese grater in my house. And those kangaroseells, they are absolutely terrifying. Good idea, sir, We'll come back to it tomorrow. The Father's Day showbag. All right, so crazy weekend final round ahead of our finals and in saying a couple of days, I went to see the D's game on Friday night. Everyone was talking about the rumors about whether or not Christian Petraga is staying. I'm hearing he's staying. I hope he's staying.
Speaker 4: Who did you hear from?
Speaker 3: Can't say, can't say, cannot say. I also found out of the weekend. I was chatting to my neighbor. We've got these lovely neighbors. They've lived next door to its about three year, is right. And this guy I've I've seen around, he's in his sixties and started I was talking about the game, and I've been at the the G on a Friday night, so it's Saturday morning. It turns out my neighbor I never knew is played for the D's in the eighties for five years. Rockman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a toll guy.
Speaker 3: But you know, you can't ask every tour.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 2: There's two tool guys in my street. Now there's an Olympian pole for hooker.
Speaker 3: And then there's Glenn McLean next door on a street. They must be looking at you and going, what's your composition?
Speaker 4: Sorry to the sporting world.
Speaker 3: Oh no, just gimmy, what's your contribution actually to Melbourne? Seriously think about it all right? So, Rial, what do you like over the weekend?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: Man, this season just been the craziest.
Speaker 3: Yes, it feels like he's gone really quick now all the rounds are over. You're in August, heading into September and finals.
Speaker 4: For one second, Esson was second on the ladder and then all of a sudden final.
Speaker 3: Yes, but you can relax like these fans.
Speaker 4: All the worry you can.
Speaker 3: Who gonna are you gonna support?
Speaker 12: Who?
Speaker 9: Who do you guys want to win?
Speaker 3: I'd really like it, so I'd love the Hawks. I think the Hawks have been really excited the last couple of weeks. I'd love to see them in the Grand final.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some of my coast Matson Blues fans. So I'm going for the Blues.
Speaker 3: Now you have to Andy Lee as well. I mean it was so so what else did you like of the weekend. You're a Swan's fan.
Speaker 9: I'm a Swans fan. Obviously, great to see Swans.
Speaker 2: Win with it?
Speaker 3: Is it really?
Speaker 12: Obviously?
Speaker 3: No one's saying that, not here in Melbourne. No, one is saying that only you did you go down to that Swan's.
Speaker 9: I didn't, Actually, I just stayed at hard hang out.
Speaker 2: With Swans, smoke Swans fans and their ganttops.
Speaker 3: It is the.
Speaker 12: Smugness has returned. It's been a very rocky few weeks.
Speaker 9: But I'm starting to feel that little smugness that's sort of looking up at my nose, down my nose at other teams. So that's really nice to have back.
Speaker 2: He's been a little bit like that with you and I enjoy.
Speaker 3: The end of your sporting year. Pack away the scarf now until next year.
Speaker 9: I was nervous though, watching Melbourne Collingwood because all.
Speaker 3: The only thing I was nevs about was a lot of the lightning nerves.
Speaker 4: Get too bored, how dare you?
Speaker 9: I was nervous because you can't until I know for sure that Collingwood's dead out of it, not a chance.
Speaker 3: I can't relax.
Speaker 9: And they if they beat Melbourne by two hundred possib ability had sixteen, I was like thirty seven three.
Speaker 12: I was like.
Speaker 3: A while to get warmed up. Just was a chilly night out there in that.
Speaker 9: Drizzle, very very nerice, but luckily obviously they only managed to lose by fifty points.
Speaker 3: They really left us fans feeling good about next year and the year that's just standed fairy strong. Iwa was saying.
Speaker 9: Round five, I watched Hawthorne Swans and I thought, this is one of the worst football teams I've ever seen play football is shocking.
Speaker 2: Certainly going to get the wooden spoon.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And then they beat North They scored a goal every three minute, one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 12: What mental.
Speaker 9: Then Geelong smoked West Coast obviously not a hugely important match even you just forget about Dusty's last game, like there's been so many storylines.
Speaker 3: And another scintillating interview from Dusty as well. I love everyone of you. But then was yesterday not.
Speaker 12: Watching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got to say, right, So for the last the Blue Saints game was insane. It was a heart stopper, right, And I was actually in my car for like the last ten or fifteen minutes doing some rounds. So I turned on to SEM and I've got to say, no, other radio shows aren't meant to support great other DJs doing work, But honestly, it was electrifying. I stayed in the car, I wanted to hear what was going on because they were doing such a great job. So you're here Andy mart who is a die hard blues fan as well. His heart's breaking, but is it He doesn't know yet which way it's going to go. Dermy's there as well, and there's almost also one of the finest broadcast is in the world in general, Willie, who's so so good, the three of them.
Speaker 2: I watched the actual video of it after hearing.
Speaker 3: It yesterday evening. I didn't realize because obviously the Oval is sober. I don't think you realized when you come from other country. And he used to saying, like soccer played on a pitch, you come in the first time I ever went to the mcg or saw any kind of footag game, I couldn't believe how big the oval is. They've got binoculars. They've got all three of them have binoculars. That's that's there there, that's how big a footy over it is. You need binoculars to see which one of them is that they've all got bino Jeremy had and obviously Jermy is getting on a bit.
Speaker 2: He had glasses on and.
Speaker 3: Anyway, habitless lists from the last few incredible minutes from the three of them, really really captivatingself brilliant broadcasting in its finest, Go.
Speaker 12: Came, your feeling.
Speaker 2: Came you you feel it?
Speaker 12: Can you feel it?
Speaker 9: Higgins around the boy kicking kicking a goal.
Speaker 1: He's kicked the goal.
Speaker 3: He runs half a lever the ground of Ronaldo in the World cap. So killed us still after I had the radio so loud, you know, the carve reverberates with the base on it. Just on that amazing commentary as well. So great work from them on sen.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, just before we start the next Breakjack, you know Friday you called me and said Christian and be really great on the time waste. So if we could give away like a meal and a Mexican restaurant.
Speaker 4: I remember doing that call.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well listen, I made a few calls Saturday morning, and Bar Mexico is a new north Side hotspot, north side hot spot hotspot with authentic Mexican street food, hand crafted drinks. How many times you and I've been out for Mexican bot some Mexican bot car. We're leaving right now. Well, thank you, Bar Mexico for handcrafting my drinks. And the other time we met for Mexican it wasn't really lively. The entertainment was downer the Mexicans were, but no, not here lively entertainment and those hand crafted drinks made by hands. Thank you, Mexico.
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 3: It's north side, but don't go looking for anything. It's actually a north side hotspot. You know when you're there. Bar Mexico a two hundred and fifty dollars Bar Mexico V love. Yeah, that's quite a lot of money.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's to go in Bryce For chimney changers.
Speaker 4: It's handcrafted dream oh my god, for heaters you know.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a lot of tequila. Go easy, listeners, do not trash it. This time wasted. They might be a stretch. I found it a stretch. We'll see how you get on. Send a celebrity to the eighties, take a furam as person and give them like an eighties not a makeover, name over, handcrafted that was handcrafted, like my good friends and Bar Mexico. All right, celebrities to the eighties. Yes, Hugh Jackman's gone time traveling, Hugh Walkman, Silver I seemed listened to his music. Yeah, sounds track. Nicole Kidman, she was she broke famous actually and BMX banded. Yeah, she's gone back, that's right, Uh, Nicole cabbage Patch Kidman.
Speaker 4: It is a hard one today. We shouldn't keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Film Bet Grills has gone back to the eighties.
Speaker 4: What's he doing?
Speaker 3: He's care beer grills, ice cubes have gone back to the eighties. Yeah, yeah, yeah, he say he's doing this rubbiks.
Speaker 2: Ice cube.
Speaker 3: Gold and uh, Donald Trump's gone back to the eighties, and he started singing, that's right, he's Madonna Trump Yeah, that's all right.
Speaker 12: Silver.
Speaker 2: I didn't know where to go with MacDonald Trump or Madonna Trump.
Speaker 3: Rio said he couldn't understand my handwriting and either, so I went with Madonna Trump Jack.
Speaker 2: What have you got Send a celebrity to the eighties.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've got a celebt right here in Melbourne. Fiefee box going back to listen to her Fiefee boom box.
Speaker 3: That is not a strong start. Bronze.
Speaker 4: Christopher Walken's going back to the eighties. Christopher Workman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you walk.
Speaker 4: And you see a big, big difference. Silver dan Akroyd's gone back to the eighties listening to his favorite rock band dan akaduc Royd.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not what was big in the eighties.
Speaker 4: Bronze and Dwayne Johnson's gone back to the eighties watch his favorite TV show, Dwayne the Fraggle Rock Johnson Guys, keeping money was hard.
Speaker 3: Have to be adjusted because it's a hard one. So that gets elevated to a gold All right, what have you got? Then send a celebrity back to the eighties text them.
Speaker 2: In four seven five three one o four three and for the best in show, you.
Speaker 3: Could be off to that hotspot Bar Mexico enjoying a handcrafted drink.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast time wasted today for the best in show two hundred and fifty dollars at Bar Mexico.
Speaker 2: We just found out.
Speaker 3: Who's to Kate then obviously busy doing the show at the moment, but has taken a little bit of time out from the show to count how many tequila as they do there?
Speaker 2: Fifty fifty? Wow, that's a night.
Speaker 4: How many times have you into a restaurant and got to your tenth and eleventh and they've run out of different drives?
Speaker 3: Don't even get me started. What do you mean there's only fifteen all right, send us celebrity back to the eighties. That's the time waste of the day. Jackie boy, you're ready to mark.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Pretty in pink?
Speaker 4: Oh gold?
Speaker 2: Yeah, pink?
Speaker 3: Did they do the exclamation mark instead of the eye? Yes? What Christopher moon Walking show jack out to be funny?
Speaker 4: If you know so much you wanted you have a man on the show tomorrow, Okay, Jane Fondu.
Speaker 3: Eight?
Speaker 4: Was fond popular?
Speaker 8: Was my seventies?
Speaker 3: Silver Plash, the karate Kid rock fit some combo?
Speaker 12: What on?
Speaker 2: Josh Troy Cassette Daily.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's very good, That's very good.
Speaker 2: What I'm Beck Benedicts cabbage Patch.
Speaker 3: This is amazing, Rebecca Tequila of all of you can called a Tas Cameron de Silver, Floro Riders, some Cory Bruce Slinkey Stein Silver almost, Tina Palmer Gold. I love this song from James Leonardo di Cassio. Oh that is so good. Sticky fingers, Jervas Bronze, Hugh Pacman Silver, Christian Professor Stephen Hawking has gone back to the eighties, has Stephen mohawk? Don't let him win? It's a fifteen year old boy called Stephen. It can't be giving him fifteen and two hundred and fifty bucks in his back pocket to head off the mar mats of Gill Not Mick Jagger, Mick Frogger Silver double, Demmy Moore, Oh god, no, good for Mahley. And finally Barry disc Manilo, Barry disc Manilo Silver. All right, Jack, who is off to bar a lot of good ones?
Speaker 4: Let's give it to Christopher Moonwalk and Matt.
Speaker 1: The Christian Connell Show podcast stole the sender.
Speaker 3: Celebrities a celebrity back to the eighties are still coming in even though we're good to Weather Prize, Troy Casserole Daily, that's good too. Casserole was big in the eighties. Eagle Eye, Cherry Lane brackets. Cherry Lane was a clothing shop in the eighties. Bronze, Yeah, Malcolm turntable Owl, that's very good. Cassetta James Etta, James Cassetta, James, Anthony Abereneazi that's also very good as well, and Atari Grande. I was trying to think of an entari one that is great. All right, Tomorrow's show today, So tomorrow on the show, what do you think of the tracksuit pants? I actually think nice, aren't they.
Speaker 4: For the first time, we've made an incredible bit of show merchandise.
Speaker 3: And it's taken us only six years to better say that, but we finally cracked what had been alluded us. Do you remember you remember the dark early days of the show, those socks whish you couldn't actually legally, I don't think we should have ever called them socks. They were wafer wafer wayfer thin, barely held together clothing molecules. A slight stretch would distort me and the sock. The socks were terrible. I found some the other day. I took them to a servo. So my gift to somebody else with those those awful socks. But these are tracksuit pants for dads.
Speaker 4: And you can tell because everybody on the team has got their hen in the boss and one of themselves.
Speaker 3: They are very, very lovely to touch American apparel.
Speaker 2: Are they? Oh fancy?
Speaker 3: I like it? Look at us jumping on that band. We're going from the two thousand and six. You can win these tomorrow. We're also putting it together our Father's Day showbag. What essential items do you think dads would actually want? So far, you suggested socks, undies, meat thermometer, micro screwdriver set. I thought that said porn knife. I haven't got my young my glasses on. That's a unique thing that anyway, A sock sliders I've ordered, Chris is I've got It's coming Wednesday, Pats Nostril. And as you read these out, it's quite bleak life, dad, isn't it now?
Speaker 2: These would you say mom would love?
Speaker 3: Or ratchet straps or octobu straps or a nap voucher.
Speaker 2: If you've got any more, email me today. What are the things you think the dads.
Speaker 3: Would actually really want in a Father's Day showbag? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast