Speaker 1: I heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold when I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app Got anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell's Show.
Speaker 2: I was in a great mood, just such a best mood, and Rio has devastated me. I'm a massive Ben Folds fan. One of the highlights of my radio career. He played live on my show about fifteen years ago. He did four songs and it was incredible. And he's a funny, funny guy. He gave me his email afterwards. We kept in touch for a while. Anyway, it's suddenly Rio just casually goes, oh, I won't see ben Folds last night.
Speaker 1: I went, wait, he's he's here in Australia. He's touring. I'm just trying to sold out, sold out. I didn't know he was here. He sold out.
Speaker 2: There's always all week we're in a studio, yack, and I'm nonsense.
Speaker 1: I've made a night of it as well. Apparently I had a Mexican Yeah. I went to stayed the night and since King I went by myself yes day, the nine fifteen minutes I lived fifteen minutes away. It was placed. That is really close. Sorry, sorry, I don't like your form today. First, it's Caitlin's weddings, sitting on the bridle table's leaving the captain out of absolutely actually patched the captain that see, I didn't know you were big ben Folds. Gosh, wow, I'm just trying to get tickets. I'm distracted. You got to focus on the show now, anyone got a spare ticket? He didn't say any words to me after I told him. He just put his headphones on because I was trying to buy tickets to scene. Where is he next? Grief? Then he moves on to Baltimore by myself? Yeah, listening like you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe, And I'm actually that ninety nine percent the people go by themselves to ben Folds.
Speaker 1: What do you say that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just went on a couple of years ago and I was by myself, and then a listener chat to me.
Speaker 1: She was by herself.
Speaker 2: We sat together, actually, I said, next to someone by themselves. Yeah, I think a high percentage of ben Fold's come alone. Yeah, is that kind of one on one thing you had with Benny Boy?
Speaker 1: Don't you, yeah, Niche, I love about that.
Speaker 2: Ed Shearing's playing to a megadome and Benny Boys in town as well. All right, so we do it on Friday. Our recommendations might be a movie, TV show books. We called it double thumbs up. Two things to me. One is the return of a brilliant TV show. One of my favorites from last year is called Paradise One. A lot of them reason it's a hell of a TV show. They just dropped the first three episodes this week on Disney Plass.
Speaker 1: I cannot recommend it enough.
Speaker 2: The opening hour of season two is the best hour of TV I've seen in years.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: I watched it with my wife and my daughter and normally is constantly.
Speaker 1: Now what's that guy binning? No one spoke.
Speaker 2: I felt like, you know, at the end of something, you've got you breathe in for the first time.
Speaker 1: It was so beautiful. Move is incredible.
Speaker 2: People be raving about this opening episode for it's gonna win loads awards. It's just incredible writing and performance. It was amazing. We're living in a golden age. It's so much great TV at the moment. So I cannot recommend that enough. Paradise it's on Disney Plus. And the other thing it was that the two thousands of back, Scrubs is back.
Speaker 1: What snow? I love Scrubs, love scrubb It's back, You're kidding, JD is back? And I was really nervous.
Speaker 2: I watched it last night, first two episodes, like, it's hard to bring a show, any show back after so long, and such a show of its time as well. You know, I think it ran for like nine or ten seasons in the really early two thousands. But it's brilliant, perfect tone, really funny gags, and the chemistry is is actually even better.
Speaker 1: It sparkly. I don't know, it just really just lifted me up. We're having it back. Zach's back in it. He's directing itself. You know, he directed all the ten last episodes.
Speaker 2: I am not, but I think every single episode even directs this as well Scrubs, so he's both signs of camera.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you're a Scrubs fan, it's back.
Speaker 2: I didn't win ize just I was just looking for a TV show last night and saw there's like new new episodes.
Speaker 1: They rebooted it. I didn't know. Doctor Cox is he back?
Speaker 2: Yes, it's great It's really really good. Fantastic show. Scrubs It is Back. Cannot recommend that enough.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show on podcast,