Speaker 1: It is a Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, It's the Christian O'Connell Show, Wednesday Morning, Big Show. Today, six days away from one last game, cow finally comes to us. Shane Crawford, who is supposed to have been the coach of our could have beens, makes it appear.
Speaker 3: It's on today's show.
Speaker 4: Of all the legendary players we have playing on the other team, like Cam Mooney, Nick Ray Wald, Dermot Brewn is the coach of the other team, access to them as easy as we like our own coach in here.
Speaker 2: We've met Cam Mooney, We've met them all. Craw I heard for him Monday night. He left a garbled message he always does. Called him back nothing three times. They called him yesterday nothing. The next time I speak to us, gonna be on air today, he said Monday said, please coming back.
Speaker 3: I need to talk to you about a few things.
Speaker 2: I've called him out four times and nothing. He's like a submarine. If you don't catch him at that moment that little scope pops up right, he and then he's somewhere else. I don't think he's in this state. I think he just circles above. Australian and drops down from the space. Anyway, so that both the coaches are on today, We've got big news today. The last three names I found it. You're sleeping who the last three names are? Do you know who they all are?
Speaker 4: I only know one of them?
Speaker 3: Which one?
Speaker 4: Oh, one of the player who I'd love to hate as a kid, a nineties hero in the Navy Blue.
Speaker 2: That's going to be an amazing moment when you hear that one. Have you not heard about the latest ones to drop in?
Speaker 4: No, give me your clue.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, okay, I'm going to write down. I think it's fair they're doing this because this is how many years old he is. Oh, seeing that age, we need somebody, yes, yes, on the other team to just balance the sales. What a legend, right?
Speaker 4: Who is it? Though?
Speaker 3: Well, if it's that age, who do you think.
Speaker 4: There's more than one player at that age? Every legends current age?
Speaker 3: I know you collect their ages?
Speaker 4: Oh wow, yes, playing, yes, wow, Yes.
Speaker 2: I mean I actually think all of our players will be in a better shape.
Speaker 3: He will be the oldest player on the pitch.
Speaker 4: But amazing, amazing, yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, that's ten past eight. The coaches Dema Breton Shane Crawford on ahead of the big game which is in six days time. Last training session tonight for our team that could have beens as well, So really really exciting. So the big thing that happened yesterday was the sudden news that Michael Kodinski is no more. And Kadinski is one of those names you literally hear is just a surname Glinski. He is a character that almost could have been made up in the music industry where he was bigger than a lot of the artists he discovered and bankrolled and sort of promoted over the years, you know, and an amazing, amazing character, a force of nature, Michael Kodinski and so much of all your favorite albums and shows that you would have gone to when you were kids, when you first getting into discovering your band, of being a music fan, live music fan. Would it come from his talents? I mean it's when you read through all the messages that were coming out yesterday from obviously people are Ed Sheer and who he broke in Australia, and then you get Bruce Springsteen as well. If Bruce Springsteen is making an actual official comment on your passing, you must have done something pretty gay. If anyone missed this, the words that Springsteen said yesterday, I actually do sum up.
Speaker 3: Michael. Perhaps I think you've got them, Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do, he says.
Speaker 5: My friend Michael Gadinski was first, last, and always a music man. I've toured the world for the last fifty years and never met a better promoter. Michael always spoke with a deep, rumbling voice, and the words would spill out so fast that half the time I needed an interpreter that I could hear him clear as a bell when he would say, Bruce, I've got you covered, and he always did. He was loud, always in motion, intentionally and unintentionally, hilarious and deeply soulful. It will be remembered by artists, including this one, from all over the world every time they stepped foot on Australian soil. My deepest condolences to his wife and partners, Sue and the whole Kandinski family of which he was so proud.
Speaker 3: What a classy message that was waterful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where he speaks about what his impact was in music all over the world, obviously not just here in Australia, and then even in the last couple of years, still you know, trailblazing New past. So last year, you know, only Michael Kinsky could ask Channel Night for three hours of TV and then tell them that he will produce it all and they will just leave him alone. And within nine days if you saw, and it was a world class TV show last year. Music from the home Front Kadinski's idea as the world was going into lockdown to suddenly it's okay, we can use this and make it even more intimate what he did with Music from the home Front and pairing up all these different acts Australian legends with each other who were thought never would have worked before, like Delta Gudram and Colin Hay doing that amazing cover version of down Under was an amazing three hours of live TV that really showcased actually the great music that it has been in Australia and is an Australia as well, with new artists like Missy Higgins. But he sets all of that up, did that for three hours, just like we had in the UK we did live here.
Speaker 3: That was an amazing show last year and I.
Speaker 2: Really hope that actually with all the outpouring and you know, people trying to put into a context just how big a part he was not just of music but actually your culture here in Australia.
Speaker 3: I hope they do.
Speaker 2: Something every year in his honor, because that man really, really genuinely not as someone who just made a lot of money from it.
Speaker 3: He started with next to nothing and build up.
Speaker 2: He genuinely was a massive music fan and he has done so much for Australian artists in the last twelve months who've got suddenly got no way to earn money and so he's single, adity, always trying to find new ways. Set up two new shows on UTA on YouTube with Jane Gazo the Sound of Music in the State of Nation as well. But I really hope they should do some thing in that great man's name every year to remember his huge impact.
Speaker 3: I was reading through yesterday.
Speaker 2: Hell, if you are a music promoter, you will go through moments where you will you stand the point on the precipice where you might just go under. And I was reading how in nineteen seventy nine it literally looked like he was going to lose his house and everything and he's still doubled down on it. He bankrolled Split Ends True Colours album, which was their fifth studio album, the one that made them a huge, huge band all over the world. He literally put everything, all of his last bit of savings on that album because he just thought this sound was brilliant.
Speaker 1: Christian Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 3: All right, some emails that have come into the show light.
Speaker 2: You can email the show about anything you've heard us talking about, whether you're catching up on a podcast or an old show. We called it late to the party. First one comes from Matt subject heading Bedsheets, says to me, he's talking about Monday show Christian her Jack talking and boasting about his bed sheet shopping. It's just pause the email. Remind people of the master play. Your wife's not said anything yet. She had not heard what you were boasting about and your play.
Speaker 4: She did hear what I said on Monday. So all the goodness that I had on Monday and I was boasting in here has gone away. But for that twenty four hours I felt brilliant.
Speaker 2: You warned me that, and mad it is the best it can ever be as a married man. If you can twenty four hours living like a king is an eternity.
Speaker 4: My fresend, you said, you warned me that sheet shopping can take all day, all over the city, different shops.
Speaker 3: Minion calories of your soul.
Speaker 4: I went for an audacious move of pretending that in the very first shop I loved the display bed and the exact setup they had of the sheets on the display bed, and we bought the exact setup they had there. So I was in and out in fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: And hang, you get on with the cotton.
Speaker 4: You know, No, you guys have jinxed me. Remember I got a linen and you said it was a bit more abrasive to the task.
Speaker 3: It rubs up and gets all sort of gnarly. I find.
Speaker 4: Over the weekend I slept fine, but ever since you said that it's aware of it, yes, a textured I can really feel.
Speaker 2: I reckon this long weekend. Laby that you be back in there. You will want to go back and get a decent city chip sheet. Christian, you mentioned how if he goes linen it gets rigid, meaning it lifts up in places. I remember my dad had a great way of fixing this once and it cause my mum to have a massive meltdown. He got fed up with that happening, so he got his staple gun out and stapled the sheet corners flat to the mattress.
Speaker 3: To keep it tight.
Speaker 2: The only problem was that when their mum came to change the building to wash it couldn't believe the idiotic thing he'd done was stapling it pass. She couldn't remove the sheet. This was the only time he did that. That's from Matt Christian. I heard you the other day with that you've taken your daughter out for the first time in a car. Yes, we have been back out. I think I confused her yesterday with this bit of instruction. I mean, I'm not a driving instruction.
Speaker 3: You know, when you teach somebody something that you just do, it's actually quite hard to us. How do how do I do this?
Speaker 2: What? What is it? Actually?
Speaker 3: How do you describe it to somebody?
Speaker 2: And then you have to just sort of become a makeshift driving instructor stopping now?
Speaker 6: So just sort of just start to break you always looking that way into oncoming, then this way, then back that way, so.
Speaker 2: That way, that way, then that way you can go?
Speaker 3: How many ways cut along?
Speaker 2: Is it five different ways? I mean we were only at a T junction as well. It's only like two ways to look, isn't there? Stopping now?
Speaker 1: So just just start to break.
Speaker 6: You always look in that way into oncoming, then this way, then that way, so that way, that way.
Speaker 4: Way that way, five dimensional universe.
Speaker 2: My daughter's now by the way, so she can look all those different ways. Christian taking your daughter up Ruby, I too, my daughter Charlotte out the best and kindest way to describe my daughters.
Speaker 3: She wasn't a natural, so we used to have to go a lot like every day.
Speaker 2: I decided to take her out for drive, and they clapped out Kia Picanto. I got her for a seventy We could all do a whole phone in, can you but the cars your parents got you. She had been learning about two two months, so I thought it was time to take her out on a longer trip. I was the picture of calm, never raising my voice once. However, the problem came when we approached a T junction. Wow, you didn't tell that to it this way, that way, that way, this wee then back that way. I told her to stop at the junction, then turn left. She stopped and then somehow managed to turn left, and then some she managed to do a complete one at degree turn, plowing into a hedge. The car went so far in. I couldn't open the door. She went into a meltdown. I still did not raise my voice. Somehow this just made it worse. I don't even know how she managed to reverse out. I took her carry on drive and complete my liston but she couldn't so want to drive the car home with bits of heage sticking out from under the krill. We never went out together after this, Anthony, thank you very much. If you've ever got an email for the show, email me directly Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jenny's emailed us. We were talking a while ago about short lived dreams. I do remember doing this on a show. I can't remember what's set it off, but we're talking about short lived dreams. Christianda short lived dream flying an airplane. Been a pilot, so I booked have a test flight in the cockpit of a four seater Cessna at the flying school at Essendon Airport. I observed the flight instruct to go around the plane to do all the safety checks. What I watched and observed, I was getting all excited to go, and this is going to be the life for me.
Speaker 3: We're getting the.
Speaker 2: Plane take off into the clear blue sky. This is when I discovered a very small airplane does not fly smoothly. So began to scream, actually scream each time the plane rocked side to side, which was all the time, and my screams became louder, and then we had to put it, bring it down, the pilot did. I hid my head between my knees and shut my eyes. This was when I realized I was not meant to be a pilot. The lesson was under five minutes. Can anyone be a short lived dream of five minutes? I'm not sure they can. Jenny, that's a really yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you can go straight to like the airbus AA. You got to do the small place first.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, Jenny Waters some very funny Good morning Christian, Jack and Pats. My weakest claim to fame is that I played cricket with a guy whose kitchen was used in the video of Paul Kelly's song Firewood in Candles.
Speaker 3: That's exactly it.
Speaker 2: He plays this arm guy, Craig Meadows, plays cricket with a guy whose kitchen, not himself, was in the Paul Kelly music video for Firewood and Candles. His kitchen was Christian.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So we're into March now, which means Round one will soon be here next week on this show. Then we're doing one last game. This is our thing where we've been building a team. We have a team. We have a game in six days time. But the team, it's the could have beens This for people like you that just love footage, to love playing it, maybe you could have gone all the way. So we're calling our team the Could Have Bins and they will be going up against the Fox Footy All Stars, a team of legends.
Speaker 3: This is going to be next Tuesday night.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be telling you very soon next Thursday, probably maybe today or tomorrow about how you can come along. It has to be a ticketed event. I don't mean that we're charging anyone. There's no charge, but just in terms of we have to be ticket only, just so we can keep it all COVID safe. But Jackie Boy take us through the legends that they are Could Have Bins are going to be going up against next Tuesday night for one last game.
Speaker 4: The AFL All Stars include Brad Johnson, Ben Dixon, Lee Montagna, Cam Mooney, Jordan Lewis, captain Nick Reewold and three huge names to be announced later this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're Dermot Breton. All coached by Dermot Breton. Our team the could have men's coached by Shane Crawford. So we cannot wait for this six days time. However, we're hoping that there's goals from our guys. Of course, you know when you hear that role, I didn't hear any confidence in that voice.
Speaker 3: You couldn't even get the words out.
Speaker 2: We can hope by energy those words and atoms.
Speaker 3: There's no conviction that whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still came with that. Is he still going thinks there's going to be any goals? Do you honestly, Taman, now, do you think they will get they will get goals?
Speaker 4: I mean if AFL had a version of the penalty that they're having soccer, where it's a free kick right in front of goals, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: So we're hoping that goals are going to come for our guys, all right, And all of that is on one man called Hollywood, and Hollywood reckons that when he was fifteen sixteen seventeen one hundred goals a season. Now he's from He's on good stock, He's from Pedigree. His brother, Glen Huton, actually played with Crawf and Dummy for the Hawks and he reckoned. He was better than his brother, so we've called him Hollywood. Last week when we had our first ever training session and our players met each other for the first time, and they were coached by Simon Goodwin, who was really impressed with all their their fitness and stamina, so much so that he the forteen minutes that we booked him for he called time.
Speaker 3: After seventeen minutes.
Speaker 4: He said, they know everything.
Speaker 2: There is no They're going to.
Speaker 3: Bring the tas in tomorrow.
Speaker 2: After seventeen minutes when fitness levels were starting to struggle. This game, by the way, is going to be five minute quarters. We didn't decide that halfter they one minute quarters. Guys, we're going to do one minute quarters. Hollywood is injured. He actual have surgery last Friday on his toe. I'm not making this up right, to have his toe now it's large tonel removed.
Speaker 4: He stubbed his toe, had his shoe on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is the level of athlete we're dealing with, and this is one.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned about goals.
Speaker 4: On his kicking foot, and now he's in the cast. Yeah, it's six days away.
Speaker 2: We're not sure he's going to play that long kick any goals. Vultures are in the air already over his corpse. Vultures, I said.
Speaker 3: Dear Lord, is that the best we can do?
Speaker 4: The immersive show? I feel like I'm out in the desert.
Speaker 3: Is that a vulture sounds like it's getting strangled?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that actually is horrible.
Speaker 3: It actually hurts me. I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: They're not vultures are suckling in the air, and then they're really distressed.
Speaker 3: They're really distressed, all right.
Speaker 2: Some people have really stepped forward saying, look, if Hollywood can't kick or can't play, I'm in.
Speaker 7: My name's Anthony, but only mum calls me that. Everyone calls me killer. I retired at the end of twenty nineteen, so I'm still match fit. I played over four on the games and kicked the best of sixteen in a game. I'm six three, got big hands, so I mark everything. I've got long dreadlocks, so you won't miss me. It could have beans need me, So.
Speaker 2: I turned to a little bit of a dating thing at the end. There with those the promise of big hands dreadlocks.
Speaker 3: You say to go as well.
Speaker 2: Oh you know me so well. Vultures are in the air. That's Killer, and of course Anthony, but only his mumcles. Something's getting angry with us, but we can't call him Anthony.
Speaker 3: That's Killer.
Speaker 8: Scott castled in here, also known as milk Truck.
Speaker 9: I think it's time for the Hollywood name Magnet to get wiped off the board.
Speaker 8: He's done. There's a little chance he's getting up for this game.
Speaker 9: Me, on the other hand, I've been in the top five leading goalkickers for the last four years. They don't call me the milk truck for nothing. It's because when I get in front of the big sticks, I deliver. You give me fifty shots on goal goals, you will get it. Come on, Christian Kraff, give us a go. You won't be disappointed.
Speaker 4: I love this works on me.
Speaker 3: I'm very impressed. I'm really impressed with this guy.
Speaker 2: I love this.
Speaker 8: The picture of this in here also known as milk truck.
Speaker 2: I haven't listen with this right now. It seems to me right that he's been breathing difficulties. Midway through this, where he starts to wheeze a bit, just the emotion rising up in this.
Speaker 8: Scott casseled in here, also known as milk Truck.
Speaker 9: I think it's time for the Hollywood name magnet to get wiped off the board.
Speaker 8: He's done. There's not a chance he's getting up for this game.
Speaker 9: Me, on the other hand, I've been in the top five leading goal kickers for the last four years. They don't call me the milk truck for nothing. It's because when I get in front of the big sticks, I deliver. You give me fifty shots on goal, fifty goals you will get. Come on, Christian Kraff, give us a go. You won't be disappointed.
Speaker 2: I love the love the passion. Here, guys, more vultures. We can have a whole separate team that's called the Vultures.
Speaker 10: My name is Andrew, but you can call me freight train. I've had plenty of opportunities in front of goal, and I've kicked them frontways, backways, sideways, barreled, torps, snapped and sockered. Hollywood's got more chance of finding a leprechaun sitting on a pot of gold than being ready to play. You want me on this team, you need me on this team. Our captain is the steam train, and rightfully so I should know he's my cousin. After all, Let's get the steam train and freight trains together and see there's no stopping that juggernaut even with the emergency breakes applied.
Speaker 2: Wow, not going on there. Found that I won those speeches at a wedding, you know when they're clutching it really tightly and they've.
Speaker 3: N mirror just to co.
Speaker 4: Come in with attitude.
Speaker 2: The leprecorn line he had me was about a thousand years old. We have a father son Combo, who won in as well, which to speak to next, Christian Hello Money, Christian O'Connell show podcast, so Hollywood at the moment. Then our star kicker for one last game. Still recovering. So he won't be the train tonight, will he?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 4: But he swears he'll play. He thinks he'll be ready by next Tuesday. But he's still got a cast on his foot.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: Every day I get a message DM I believe they're called on Instagram from him. He's one yesterday right. I didn't want to reply, so I thought he's doing his best right. He's obviously been thinking about it for a couple of days. The best in come back with Isler, I just got some I just got one line from about don't figure out. I've got two legs thinking no, your big goal score one is your right one, which is why vultures are in the air. Over the weekend, Lots of emails from you saying, forget about Hollywood, I want in now, unfit, I'm ready, I'll join the could have bins. One of them was David Harrison Christian with Hollywood in doubt. Let's be honest, Gone, you should be dropping me in. I didn't mention in my previous correspondence. Harrison sent me a couple of emails that in my comeback year, I played full forward, bagging six and four goals during the regular season as well as three in the losing Grand final. So as you can see, I can find the big sticks. Well. When we're chatting to.
Speaker 3: Him Monday, you know, we start to find out that he's more.
Speaker 4: Of a mature player, thank you.
Speaker 3: The top end of the scale.
Speaker 4: He would be our oldest guy at fifty.
Speaker 2: High stand at the moment. And then he's starting to talk about how even his son. His son is really fit and plays regularly. We were then more interested in getting his son's phone number four him. Then he resisted any kind of phone number being given over, so they came as a combo, a package is what he called them.
Speaker 3: He's back on the line now, David, Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 12: In Christian Morning Family. I mean crew, Yeah, it's a yeah, that's a bit. That's a bit harsh.
Speaker 1: The oldest.
Speaker 12: I've been practicing hard since the last phone call on my goal celebrations. So I've got the I'm pat the wheelchair, but the one I think I'll go with first when I get the snag. The first goal is what's the a frame shuffle? So just to put it into their heads, just to get inside the heads of those all stars, that the old man.
Speaker 11: Get it done.
Speaker 12: Yeah, none.
Speaker 3: At the moment, you know that guy is I realized that a frame celebration. All right, introduce your son who's waiting online too.
Speaker 12: Okay, this is this is my boy. This is Matthew. He's down at the sum of All Eagles. He's he's been a Best and Fairest, runnerup Best and Fairest in the league in Junior's he's he's coming off as second best and fairest in the reserves two years ago. So I didn't get to play last year. And look, it doesn't fall far from the tree. Obviously.
Speaker 1: That's that's all I can say, obviously.
Speaker 12: And so yeah, that's he's he's the one you want because in that last quarter when all of us are a little bit tired, including all stars because they've been partying quote a bit. But young Legs, that's what's going to get us over the line.
Speaker 2: Young legs. I like it.
Speaker 3: Matthew, good morning, welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Thanks, Good morning christ and good morning crew.
Speaker 2: So are you up for this? Did you know anything about your dad appearing on the show Monday?
Speaker 13: I got a phone call Monday about quarter to nine saying, matt I need a favor from you.
Speaker 11: How all right?
Speaker 13: What are we doing? And then somehow now I'm on the radio two days later.
Speaker 14: So it's been a bit of a well with me.
Speaker 3: And is this typical behavior of dad? Is he often doing this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I didn't know how to put rules about don't don't wrote me into your your kind of stuff, but I think that's a new rule. After implement I think we've been bored.
Speaker 12: So this has corossed me a fortune about month. Say this has costing me hope?
Speaker 2: All right, God, so listen, you're still playing, then you'll still fit, and you still love playing the game.
Speaker 3: You're good to go with you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 13: I had trained on Monday night, so I didn't hear anything about this until nine o'clock. I came home from training, mondays raw and bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you want for this.
Speaker 2: You you've heard the kind of plans that you're going to be going up against and you're ready for this.
Speaker 13: Oh for sure, I reckon. So I actually used to do a lot with Ben Dixon and stuff, and as a twelve year old I was give him run for his money.
Speaker 3: So that you two got all the talk. We're giving him a run for money as.
Speaker 2: A twelve year old. Well, father, son, you're in the team. Listen to that raw two lines their cow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, David will make some space for you on the bench, and matt A.
Speaker 2: Your dad give me the water boy. We have been when we said you're in, I mean the squad.
Speaker 4: You know, the team, said everybody, the team from the bootstart of the physios, the water boy.
Speaker 3: You're all part of the team. The team.
Speaker 12: I mean, I mean, that's it. That's amazing.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, we want we want you both in now.
Speaker 2: You promised and you described you and your son as the package on Monday Show. You two are both playing under one name. You've got the family name Harrison. You become the package both of you. Father than some will have that on the back of your jumpers, proudly the Package. Welcome to one last game. Can you both make training tonight?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 12: Again.
Speaker 2: Can we also see the A Frame Shuffle debut tonight in training as well?
Speaker 12: Definitely, definitely, guys, we'll.
Speaker 3: See tonight in training. Great to meet the package.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Very very sudden sad news about Michael passing Away announced yesterday. A genuine legend an overused word, but genuinely that guy really was a legend. You know, literally made the Australian music scene and put it on a global platform as well. The third biggest music promoter in the world, which is some record. When you got people just like every one of the music industry, from Jimmy Bars to Bruce Springsteen to Ed Shearing, who he broke in this country as well, is almost an unparalleled sort of ability as a hit maker and back in his own instincts, and then last year single handedly put them together three hours of live TV. Music on TV is always a tricky thing. It is often not done very well. But Channel and I literally gave Michael Kadinski three hours of Saturday night viewing and he made it all work. When suddenly artists couldn't come play in the studio, they couldn't do it live. And he was the first one, really he realized that actually could use it to do something a bit more different, and the artists can record at home, make it more intimate, and those intimate those performances last year, everyone he got involved for music from the home front is an incredible thing. I hope his family do do the state funeral. I think the country deserves to recognize just what he did for culture in this country and around the world, incredible around If he does a state funeral, there needs to be a big, mega concept of all those artists why they should call the state funeral and do it every year in memory of the great man, you know.
Speaker 3: And protect the legacy that he really cherished music.
Speaker 2: Last year when we were in lockdown and all these artists that we've loved over the years suddenly not been able to do anything live and earn money to support themselves. Michael's constantly trying to find ways. I was speaking to someone yesterday worked with Michael for over twenty years, and he said he would routinely put money when he heard and any of the artists were having a tough time and know that they wouldn't call him to ask for handouts or of that. He would just put money in their bank accounts. And I've never heard anyone doing that. He's a music promoter, which is quite extorted, but I really hope they do the state funeral fills like one of his sort of big gigs he would pull off anyway.
Speaker 3: I love the other of the state funeral.
Speaker 2: The pay they got to play in the mourner's outfit and stuff like that, but they really do need to do something every year to mark what he did and his legacy will still live on some of the artists that he discovered as well. All Right, so I know that this is quite unusual for Jack, but I know that you already have my birthdays until early in April, but you know, I think this might be the first year I have had a book the Gift of You, but I might not be getting it.
Speaker 4: I was very excited to see something online that I thought you would love, and I thought, well.
Speaker 3: He's birthdays is just a curshman outfit.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be a whole month ahead and I won't have to do that thing where I scramble the day before and try to think of a birthday present. Also, I found you traditionally very hard person to buy.
Speaker 2: Out of it, get out of it very easy, red wine, very easy, traditionally traditionally very hot.
Speaker 4: I got you that massage voucher for Christmas, which you haven't used.
Speaker 3: Oh just trying to get the diets into I will be using that.
Speaker 4: So you're a hard man to buy for. But I saw the perfect gift for you. It rocked up yesterday and I opened it up and it actually looked really good. And banker said, what's that? Who's that for? And I lied and I said, this is wine.
Speaker 3: This is.
Speaker 2: By a gift for me, But now it's actually you bought a gift for yourself. I know I've been the place i've been if the last three years let me nothing.
Speaker 4: I saw it and I just thought I it's but technically it's not yours yet.
Speaker 3: Came out of a gift for me. You can't have my gift.
Speaker 4: Well it's wine now, so I'm not getting it. You won't get this one. Perhaps I'll buy another one and you can have the same one as me.
Speaker 3: What do you think it is, Patsy, I've got no idea.
Speaker 5: Well, it's not something personalized, like a nice leather journal with his name on it.
Speaker 4: Clearly he doesn't have his name.
Speaker 2: He's not going to wander around with a leather journal that says Christian. I didn't get my christ journal pretend to be him journal under I can't tell you what it is you must do because I'm not getting it.
Speaker 4: No, maybe i'll get you the same one or something.
Speaker 3: The demo version that runs out after three.
Speaker 4: I don't want you to have the exact same one that I've got, because that's.
Speaker 3: What is it. I'm not getting it. Come on, is it clothing?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, oh close, I'm not getting it though.
Speaker 4: It is vinyl. But I will say no more, I do not have a vinyl player.
Speaker 2: You're keeping my vinyls coming round off, I'm getting my vinyl coming and I'm going to kick the door in. I'm going to half in a puff and blow her house down.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: So over the last couple of days been taking my sixteen year old daughter Ruby out driving for the first time.
Speaker 3: She passed her online driver's test on Friday.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow, the actual professional drive instructor picks her up in the meantime.
Speaker 3: It's dad, and.
Speaker 2: I've got to I'm enjoying it. It is stressful at times for our relationship.
Speaker 3: That breaks your friend arrived.
Speaker 2: I took her out for the first time on Friday night. She's never been in a car before. Driving it.
Speaker 16: Now, strain it and then you can pull out that way. Stop stop all right, no, no, no, you don't need to panic. Remember the break, the breaks your friend. Alright, the break is your friend. Hello to the trade I saw yesterday morning and is hi viz orange floor over top who just cycled past me and went, oh, the break is your friend and said no more him.
Speaker 2: Stop to say hello, whoever you are, good morning, Thank you already cheered me up?
Speaker 3: Too far?
Speaker 1: Over done, I don't understand.
Speaker 3: Come to stop and take the right hair done, use your ind case done. That's right, it's again That's what I hear a lot.
Speaker 11: Is this.
Speaker 4: You do a very good job of remaining Come.
Speaker 3: Well, I tell you what. Yesterday she wanted to go out three times.
Speaker 2: You know what it actually generally reminds me of as a dad, is vis I taught both my girls ride their bikes, and all they want to do then was get out on those bikes. Because it's your freedom, isn't it. And when you're a kid, you don't remember learning to walk, which is your first bit of freedom. Take yourself wherever you want to go, But your bike, I remember, And I looked at you, you thought, this is it. I'm like an adult now I could just take off out of here on my bicycle. Now she's getting the taste of a different kind of freedom. She just can't wait to get in that car. So yesterday I think I confused her a bit. Yesterday when we were at a T junction, I was giving her too many directions. See if you can count play along at home, count how many different ways I was trying to get her to look.
Speaker 6: Stopping now, so just sort of just start to break you always looking that way into oncoming, then this way, and then back that way, so that way, that way.
Speaker 2: Then that way you can go was at four.
Speaker 3: Up down underneath. It's just three sixty to scan everything. Get over, Get over now.
Speaker 2: It's where you hear me yesterday we were approaching. I don't know if she keeps doing this, maybe we all did this way. You know, you see something like I mustn't hit that, but you somehow gravitate toward.
Speaker 3: It was a flipping great boat.
Speaker 2: You know that people just leave their boats outside the front of the house, right, And it had like this huge.
Speaker 3: Twin propellers on my side, and she.
Speaker 2: Was veering me into these two big propellers, you know, and they're blades.
Speaker 3: Get over, get over.
Speaker 2: Not even going.
Speaker 3: Hey, all the calmness from it breaks. Your friend arrived.
Speaker 2: It's gone now because I actually thought I'm going to get mashed.
Speaker 4: You're going to hit a boat. It's a shipwreck on the road, land wreck.
Speaker 2: Get over, get over a bit. You know what I realized yesterday, I really don't want to die. People who say they've had a new experience talking, I just felt like it wasn't my time. I've still got life to do.
Speaker 3: I don't want to die.
Speaker 1: Get over, Get over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went that way, not into a propeller.
Speaker 2: We're face planting a propeller. I own my money for my looks.
Speaker 6: People can't see on the radio.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they don't want to hear a propeller face man, that is true. But yeah, the panic here.
Speaker 2: Get over, Get over anyway, we're back out today.
Speaker 3: I record it as well. You can hear to my.
Speaker 1: Hello good Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Business like show business.
Speaker 12: I had the opportunity to be with them six feed or wads. My friend saw Great.
Speaker 1: Pitt crossing in his Livertroit outfit in London Studio.
Speaker 17: I worked in the lingerie department in Harrod's and came across Farah Ferguson's.
Speaker 18: Order order half and on the deck was a barbershue with Neil Diamond and Mick Jagger apparently had a barbecue.
Speaker 1: The weakest claims to fame?
Speaker 3: All right, what is your weakest claim to fame?
Speaker 2: Every Wednesday we upen up the lines, we ask you what is your weakest claim to fame? Like Craig Meadows, who plays cricket with a guy whose kitchen. His kitchen was in the video for Paul Kelly's song Firewood and Candles. That's the kind of thing we're looking for. What have you got?
Speaker 3: Then your week claim to fame? Let's go to the lines.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Daniel, Mine Christian.
Speaker 20: My week claim to fame is I offered David Beckham a softment and he said, no, this.
Speaker 3: Is amazing one encounter, what a story and where did this all happen?
Speaker 20: This was back in ninety ninety eight. I was at Man United training Grind, back in the days when you can actually watch the open sessions. David Beckham's driving out in a blue PARTI nine to eleven, rolls down the window that's for an autograph and I've got one mint left, and I say would you like an mint? And he just walks away and goes, nah, you're all right.
Speaker 2: I think secretly he wanted one, but he's obviously been told never except an offer of mint from fans in case it's lace with anything.
Speaker 20: Never accept the mint from a grubby nine year old's fingers.
Speaker 4: Daniel, the way you told the stories, he ran down the window to get your autograph as well.
Speaker 2: Daniel, do you know what I think? Anyone secretly when they're off today soft men always secretly wants one. But you're winded about has it been stored in a pocket or where it is a bit too warm as well.
Speaker 20: Christy was a good one as well, though you're English. He was a tree boss.
Speaker 2: Oh well, I actually don't know the tree one to find them, too minty. And I'm with David Beckham on this as well.
Speaker 4: Mint that's too minty.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going to get you some. They actually make your ice water. They're deeply unpleasant. Daniel, thank you very much and laugh three born out everybody, Chris, come on ing.
Speaker 19: Hey, Christian, we claim to fameous Hulk Hogan stood on my foot.
Speaker 3: What are you wrestling him at the time in the ring?
Speaker 19: No, not quite. I was actually photographing him so very early on in my photographic career, so it could have been all over very quickly had he had. He tripped over my foot and changed the script of the of the event forever. But yeah, that's my claim to fame.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. I want to hear more stories of celebrities who've trodden our listeners. Pete Urt you not that phony, but.
Speaker 19: I think he was somewhat. I was sort of like sort of backed into the crowd as he was sort of walking around the ring, and then I had like a wide angle lens and it was kind of hard to judge a distance sometimes, and he was distracted because he had a Rix Blair and a big headlock and he was covered in all this fake blood and it was kind of got them on my shoes.
Speaker 3: That's not real blood.
Speaker 2: Easy. What's the next thing?
Speaker 3: The Santa isn't real?
Speaker 2: Christ?
Speaker 19: Have a great one.
Speaker 11: Thanks?
Speaker 2: What'd I commant?
Speaker 3: Paul? Good morning?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Hi?
Speaker 2: Right, big old sigh there that Wednesday? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And the old radio. How's it going going, Paul? What have you got for us? And your weakest clean to fame?
Speaker 2: Mate?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Chris. My weakest claim to fame was I moved a plate made by Picaso.
Speaker 2: A plate a plate, so he did crop.
Speaker 14: Up well he made He made a series of plates that looked like some child had made in a in a kindergarten. And I was working for a furniture.
Speaker 2: Removal stay stick to the canvas, my friend Crockery's not for you.
Speaker 14: So I was working as a furniture removalist and we're moving stuff about in his house and this plate on the top of our sideboard, which was quite tall. I was reaching up on my tippy toes. Then the supervisor comes running over with his white gloves and he goes, don't cutch that, don't touch that, and he reaches up and turns it over. I'm sure enough it was the castle.
Speaker 2: Now, so someone's got picasso crockery just in their house. Why isn't this in a museum.
Speaker 14: This was in a pool next to the pool, underground pool.
Speaker 2: What do you mean it's literally in the poolroom, not the castle. But they've got Pocassos. It is this in Australia.
Speaker 14: This was in London. It was owned by an Arab shriek.
Speaker 2: He's got Pocasso's crockery.
Speaker 3: I don't know he did plays. This is a revelation. This phone called World Dunball. It's incredible.
Speaker 14: Yeah no, it was pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you touched Picasso's crockery. Love that she just had his name on the back like kids put it on with their palm.
Speaker 3: The date Paul, Thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 14: No problem.
Speaker 3: Troy, Good morning, Good morning, Christian. Welcome to the show, Troy, your week came to fame.
Speaker 18: My weakest claimed the same is Shane Crawford kiss kissed me on the cheek.
Speaker 3: We get these calls every day.
Speaker 2: Added to the list. What are the circumstances I dare I ask your cheek?
Speaker 12: You remember Shane Crawford, always remember.
Speaker 4: He's meant to be.
Speaker 11: He always used to.
Speaker 19: Try and break the Guinness World records on the Footy Show.
Speaker 3: Oh he's got loads of Guinness World records.
Speaker 11: Crawl. Yeah. So one of them was he had to try and kiss as many people on the cheek.
Speaker 19: I think it was an under a minute and I was one.
Speaker 3: Of those, and you were one of the one of the cheeks.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was one of the cheeks.
Speaker 2: Great, well, listen he's on in about twenty minutes time. I mentioned it and Troy and see if he remembers your cheek.
Speaker 19: Well, it was quite herey.
Speaker 2: Favorite, all right, try thank you very much.
Speaker 11: You go.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Producer Tom very much models himself and Phil Jackson. He just came into me and I was asking about a call. He shook his head and went direct quote, the squeeze ain't worth the juice. Wow, I love that new one.
Speaker 3: A new one.
Speaker 2: Use it in your whatever industry you work and whatever you do for a job.
Speaker 3: Use it from this day forward. The squeeze ain't worth the juice. That's great.
Speaker 2: I might use it my drivers to day with ruby breaks your friend and sometimes to squeeze.
Speaker 4: Ain't worth the juice, And that caller should have a long hard look at themselves, knowing it's you're not juicy enough.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a last few calls in on your weakest claim to fame.
Speaker 18: Good morning, ed Morning, Christian. I delivered pizzas to Silver Chair.
Speaker 3: This is pretty good. That's a good good band. When was this?
Speaker 18: This is back in the late nineties. Started playing a gig at the festival Hall. Had a big stack of pizzas. But I had to offer them a refund.
Speaker 3: This is even better. Why did you have to offer them a refront?
Speaker 18: I was running a tad late to deliver them, probably about half an hour late, because I couldn't find the back door to festival hauled.
Speaker 4: They had to go on stage delay to start the gig.
Speaker 3: I'm not going on stage, so I get my Pepperoni.
Speaker 2: It's not the old M and ms in the balls, that Beperoni.
Speaker 3: I'd got a bloody reef under on cannon.
Speaker 2: This gig, this is great. That's got how many pizzas? Can you remember? How many pizzas? Did you.
Speaker 18: Oh, there would have been six or eight pizzas, I think.
Speaker 2: And I wonder you couldn't see the doors, You couldn't actually see, just a big old stack of pizzas in front of you.
Speaker 17: Ed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And people who went to that concert will remember, Yeah, ninety nine at Festival Hall. They were low energy that night, silver chair and now I know why.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Romney, Tummy's all right, ed, thank you very much. She killed. That's a great one.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: He's still a stall point with that. I get the thing.
Speaker 2: And then about that refund and where is that door festival, next big competition of the show.
Speaker 3: Find that door the Golden Door.
Speaker 15: Good morning Mining, Christian Hayguing, buddy, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Thanks you recording, and what's your week claim to fame for us?
Speaker 15: My week claim the same is. I was walking down Russell Street delivering some quality chicken breast. I noticed Lady Gaga. I dropped the chicken, the top two box of the chicken breast all over myself, all down Russell Street, and I was greeted by two security guards who wouldn't let me give her a heart.
Speaker 2: So much going on here on Russell Street alone is a great gat one. But then you were the fresh chicken.
Speaker 15: It was fresh mate, it was quality chicken.
Speaker 1: Breast.
Speaker 15: Solomon poetry only the best. I just wanted to say a quick shout out to all the gas boys down in the southern Southern region, some of it Markey Barrett doing a great job for us.
Speaker 14: Brother, I love this guy.
Speaker 3: This is great.
Speaker 2: Anytime you want to come on the show and talk about quality produce and pountry or shout out to whoever you your.
Speaker 3: Shout out to the gut boys.
Speaker 2: Down the Southern gas boys felt free shows. Enough the shows. Good on you.
Speaker 15: I have a good day.
Speaker 3: Those gas boys are doing good work, you know.
Speaker 2: Ben. Good morning, Hey Ben, good morning? Now are you the squeeze is worth a juice today? My friends? Benny boy, what have you got for us?
Speaker 15: My weakest claims would be that I got two chains taooed on me and he reposted it but didn't credit me in any way.
Speaker 2: Flip him to change, I think started on two chas. This is typical to change behavior afraid, Uh okay, thank you?
Speaker 3: Oh see mate? What is he doing there? Cleaning has changed?
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Just to give your heads up. The next twenty minutes I've got no idea how this is going to go.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 2: We got two almost like they could be elements on the periodic table in terms that they are powerful, but they are unstable. And I'm talking here about Shane Crawford, always a tricky, tricky.
Speaker 3: Member of this team as is.
Speaker 2: And and then you add in Dermott Breton as well, these two powerful legends, rival coaches for one last game. In one corner, you've got crawl Shane Crawford, who's coaching that could have been? So you guys, the team we've made or people who just love this game, we're giving you one last game. What a game is going to be next Tuesday night. Details on tomorrow show. How you can come along cheer these two teams on for an amazing game, really amazing game of foot as well, going up against the could have been sent are going up against the Fox Footy all stars, and they truly are all stars. Dermot Broughton's waiting on Lie one to be only a couple of seconds. Let's just remind ourselves of who's been announced so far so far.
Speaker 4: Jordan Lewis, Cam Mooney, Lee Montagne, Ben Dixon, Brad Johnson will be captained by Nick Raewold. Three names to come.
Speaker 3: Let's get Domy on now. Good morning, Demot Brereton.
Speaker 11: Good morning Christen. How are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm good. Hey Doomy, how are you? How's the back holding up?
Speaker 11: Ah? Yes, no problem whatsoever. We're coming good, very very slowly, un like that, like a couple of the two of the elements on the periodic table of elements, except for Crawford's case, I didn't know the crap made it onto the table.
Speaker 3: It started the trash talker.
Speaker 2: That's already right before we get into that. Then are you excited about the game next Tuesday night?
Speaker 3: We can't wait.
Speaker 11: They'll be fantastic. I mean, it's a good chance for our boys to show just how good they were. People forget pretty quickly. They hear a name and they say, yeah, what wasn't that blaker star? And then they see them out on the ground, half powered compared to what they used to do and be, and then perform just one single act, whether it's a mark, a kick, a goal, a kick around the corner, and people just go, wow, how good was that? What a trip down memory length for how good that person was?
Speaker 3: They still got that flash of what was and.
Speaker 11: Studies absolutely, I mean Corpord. Well they started on a low base and he's lost his from his side, but now we should be all right, so I'm looking forward to it. We've we've been to the recruiting table. They have a look at a few of the blokes. Who was still in a good nick, So we kept with that name. We went to the guys at fox Tell and said, give us another one, give us another boy who can play, and we ended up with the name Del Santo.
Speaker 15: Keep him with the.
Speaker 2: Knicks, Desancho.
Speaker 3: This is amazing.
Speaker 2: So still a pretty recent player, recent retiree, but what a legend of the game. He'd be great, three.
Speaker 11: Hundred game player, life member of the league, one of the most beautiful kicks of the footy you've ever seen, and you can make that thing sing. So we're looking forward to him being out there and playing in his trade. So he'll be fantastic for us.
Speaker 2: All right, we've got two more names to go, then, who have you got for us? Jack is poised about the next name. How you're about to announce?
Speaker 11: Well, look, if there were people from Carlton who loved Carlton, who think I haven't heard anyone yet. Who will we get? Will there be anyone for us? Come out onto the field for the longtime legends, I reckon Caunt and people will tune in in their droves now because one of the greatest blokes, one of the most natural football is, one of the best athletes to ever pull on a boot, is going to be playing for us. So for the count and people. If you just want to creep down memory lanes from the nostalgia a champion that was the big Couter, He's going to be out there.
Speaker 2: This team is stacked, just stacked. I mean, I don't know how I could have been feeling right now. That's a lot. It's like a murderer's role on some of the greatest player players ever to player now could He's still in amazing shape as well.
Speaker 11: He's extraordinary. He is extraordinary And and you know what, I reckon, whoever plays on couta will go out there with their phone in their pocket and take a self during play. Say that they are playing against Anthony Kuda food is And as I think I've mentioned, one of the best blokes God has ever shoveled breast into. He is.
Speaker 3: Breath into people doesn't travel well.
Speaker 11: That that was. That was a mix up of another line Christian that we usually just training and I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought, while people are thank you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, while people are still at school drop off, which incidentally hello to Olivia who's dropping Shane off at year five?
Speaker 18: At the moment.
Speaker 3: On the line, it's unfair of traveling Oxygen.
Speaker 4: Bute is great. I mean, this is a guy in the nineties. He was the player that I love to hate. I was a big Bombers fan. Dermy James Heard was my hero and the super villain was Anthony Coutafini's love.
Speaker 11: How good was he with that? We still talk about what is the best quarter of football? What is the best game of football ever played? But that preliminary final with Tutor against Essendon when was it ninety nine? Uh? That was that final quarter was extraordinary. Was something else. He just it was like Don Bradman winning it that, you know, making one hundred after tea. It was it was the comparative sporting display. He was something extraordinary.
Speaker 2: And he's taken on I mean he could just himself take on the good events. You've got all these other players, all right, who's the final name you're announcing Tomy.
Speaker 11: Well, look, just in case the other guys, the other guys think, oh, look, this is going to be nice friendly. What I've gone for a guy I know very very well, and I'll tell you it's more about Some players are described as elegant players, beautifully skilled and wonderful to the eye to watch. I've gone for a bloke who I played with, and he's to me, I sort of think of meatballs and violence. And his name is the Big Dipper.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, what a team you're going to be Tipper sixty two now, but a legend, I mean, the mustache. Wow, we're the man, Kristen.
Speaker 11: Don't worry about sixty two is the fittest fat bloke I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: We've met him. We've got steam train. You know we've got steam train. It's the battle of the guts.
Speaker 11: Oh honestly, Well, as you know you did well in school. That's Shane's entering right as we speak. Four sequels, mess times acceleration. Well, the Dido, when he was fully fit, could really travel around and he played at a bit one hundred and two, one hundred and four KOs for a winger. I mean, that's what I've heard of, and I don't think he's at playing ways at the moment, but he can still move around, so he's going to take a little bit of resisting. I think, what a.
Speaker 3: Team you've got next week.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, thank you so much to all the guys for doing this as well. We come back Tomy and we'll get craw fon as well. So stay with us.
Speaker 1: Christian o'connells show podcast.
Speaker 2: Right now, we have a WhatsApp group with all our players that could have been and they're all like, oh, twenty six big names and now this is big, this is huge. Can coach Crawford motivate them to an unexpected win? Let's find out, craw Christian crawl. The team needs you, Crawl.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I'm here, I'm ready to go. Don't worry about that. They may have the big name. That's pretty good. I'll tell you what. It's very impressive. And then you throw a crude of feed. He's in there today.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 17: Hey, but don't worry like their coach, that man that you had on a little earlier. We've just got to strike as soon as that moment comes, as soon as they get ahead of themselves and they start to smile. That's when we strike. Because I'll tell you what. As a young kid, I turned up to the Hawthorne Football Club and my most senior player he rocks up in his Ferrari Red Ferrari, got this blonde curly locks, and his name was Dermott Brerad. And then next day he rocks up on his Harley Davison and I'm like wow, and I'm getting off the train and I'm walking to training. And then on the weekends. I'll tell you about getting ahead of yourself. He used to rock up to the nightclubs on his Harley Davison, but he didn't park it out of the front. He actually parked it in the nightclub. Now that is getting ahead of yourself. And we will strike, maybe the third quarter, the last quarter. But when that happens, bang here we come. Look out the steam trade, multice fulcon Darling, Dave Foever, Sizzle will be cooking. Whe're on, come on, that could have been.
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 2: This is what we're talking about. Crawl. So do you think you can coach them into an unexpected I mean, one of the most unexpected smart wins ever?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Do you think we can see an upset next Tuesday Night crawl.
Speaker 17: Absolutely not. Oh yes, yes I do.
Speaker 11: Of course. You gotta believe.
Speaker 17: You've gotta have a belief. Like the thing is, these players, yeah, sure they're superstars, but at the end of the day, like I can even remember when Durmott coached Australia against Ireland and he could have been a senior coach, but he decided to take all the money in the media and.
Speaker 11: He did.
Speaker 17: He took all the money in the media. He said, why do I worry about that pressure? But he coached Australa against Ireland and I and we're dominating with the round balls. You had to use the round ball and he said, listen, we don't have the skills, so the only way we can possibly win, we're going to knock their heads off, all right. And now roles are reverse because they've got all the skills and I've got the steam trains, so we're going to be knocking their heads off, all right.
Speaker 3: Let's get dermy back on to Oh.
Speaker 11: Lord, oh my god, good morning, Barry. How are you Wayne Crawford?
Speaker 17: Hello, Burbot, Yeah you're listening.
Speaker 11: Well. I thought they would would have taken your phone off you when you walk through the school gates in primary school, Shane. So I'm surprised you're on the phone that could have been could have beens? Are going to be inspired? I mean, I know if I turned up at a football ground and I was looking for greatness, Shane, I want to hear in words from a pygmy as well. Yeah, that to really get my motor going.
Speaker 17: Now you're stepping over the line there.
Speaker 11: But I'll tell you why this is war.
Speaker 17: I'm going to bring a few secret weapons. Don't seriously, you are going to go down and at one stage, hopefully I can take you on, maybe in an arm wrestle before the start of the match, rather than a toss of the coin at Cross Cross.
Speaker 11: Do you remember when we did that thing in the jungle? Do you I haven't told you this for three years, two and a half years. Do you recall how a lot of ants used to go to your hat? A lot. I put a bit of dried meat on about day two inside the brim of your hat and you never knew it was there. That's why they were all gathering around your hat in the morning when you had to brush them off.
Speaker 17: I've still got scars on my head from all of that. So you're telling me you lined it full of meat, right, Okay, this is war.
Speaker 4: Focus on their team and not a rivalry between each other.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't believe that these two actually played in the same team as well.
Speaker 11: You two and I E clipped the front end of Shane's career. I was before I started the game for superannuation and move out to a couple of other clubs. Yeah, I played a little bit, was shun. I just clipped the first year of his career at Hawthorne.
Speaker 17: Do you know what I got, Christian? I got the beautiful Ferrari for day one. I'm like, gee, that's a nice car. Where I come from. You know, we've got Valiance and Old Holden Sunbirds. But then and then he got the trainer. This head trainer his name was Kenny Goddard. Then he was a beautiful old man. He's probably about seventy five at the time, and do it would always walk into their trainer's room and give him a big hug. He walked in there and he lifted upside down and he decided, you know what, I'm feeling a bit crazy today. So he got one of those green really bins and he's put the head train upside down, and there's really been and the poor old fellow broke three ribs? What on earth are we dealing with?
Speaker 11: That was?
Speaker 13: That was.
Speaker 11: A bit of a setback for the old fellow. But who grew out of that? Shane? He grew he he developed resistance out of that, and he grew emotionally.
Speaker 2: I mean, we could never listen to any more of these old crusty stork The listeners are turning off in droves with its very unnecessary what a detour down memory a trip? How we savor a podcast?
Speaker 11: Yes, in all honesty, Shane or Wayne Berry Crawford, there sounds a little just a little perturbed by the names we've thrown up. I'll tell you what. I tell you what, little fella, I'll give you two goals? He no, I'll make it three. I'll make a three goals could start? He did? And bang free on before we start? How's that go?
Speaker 3: Love? That? That's great?
Speaker 17: What about a quarter?
Speaker 11: We have three quarter? You want to play? You want to play a quorter with none on, no one else on the field.
Speaker 2: Craff, accept the three point Handicoaunt, come on, the three go handicap.
Speaker 17: You know, we are ready for this. This is a great opportunity. Bring it on. Yes, you know what, They've got some of the very best players we've ever seen, unbelievably.
Speaker 11: Skilled, which is going to be a bit of a problem.
Speaker 17: But this is our moment. Sometimes in life it offers you little moments like this and you've got to take them.
Speaker 11: And we are ready.
Speaker 17: This is like our Olympic games. Bring on the opening ceremony. We are ready to go.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much, Craft, thank you very much for see you guys next Tuesday night for game.
Speaker 11: Okay, well, they're looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: So there are more those wheely Ben stories next week on the show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, then, today is World Grammar Day. World Grammar Day today, So we're asking you to change a letter change a movie. So just change a letter in a movie title, you'll get a different kind of movie. Now, Jack has some warrant he wants to say before I go to here.
Speaker 4: It's very hard for me to transition from what that was beautiful art is how you can describe that song by Colin Hay and Delta Gudrum into childish juvenile junk that I have bought today. Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: My art can only be defined by being you know, Juxabo's next to low art, which is what this show is.
Speaker 4: This is the lowest of the low. And I apologize and.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to hear yours. All right, So change a letter, change a movie?
Speaker 3: The Dark Knight.
Speaker 2: Rises Silver, Thank you Booga Knights. Yeah, Gold, there we go, Rouders of the Lost start. Oh he's all royded up older? How big is it? Just been working out?
Speaker 3: Indiana silvil plus. I tried Dad Max?
Speaker 4: Oh Silver?
Speaker 2: Come on, Dad Max? Is a gold? A change is one letter's Dad Max? Oh, don't get him angry, he's Dad Max. Teaser fulkin lovely, I love chocolate. That's gold and all horror movie. Hey John Carpenter the thong silver? What have you got Jack for? Change a letter, change a movie?
Speaker 4: Now? I said that they were childish. We bought a poop almost it's just not done into poo.
Speaker 11: He went there.
Speaker 3: It's it's a bronze.
Speaker 2: Literally when Harry met Smelly, stay there with another bronze.
Speaker 4: Mary Ploppins, these on all.
Speaker 2: You haven't stayed in the toilet, Come on, you're better than this. I've got dermy and crawl back on.
Speaker 4: I've got one non pooh one, but it's not very funny snotting Hill, Oh to snot I said, I was sorry.
Speaker 2: Remarkable and unmentioned again. All right, what have you got this? Please change a letter, change a movie? Could this be the second one this year?
Speaker 3: We run to ground where we just never do this one again.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Change a letter, change a movie. Let's go Jack and I know golds amongst us to see what you've got a lot of the rings, Silver Plus Nice tried Glenn Raving Private Ryan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess my picture in Raving. It's funny. Silver Plus.
Speaker 2: Harney Dude wears my cat Bronze, the Mound of Music, Bronze.
Speaker 3: Men who swear at goats Now that's gold.
Speaker 2: Funny, well done. There be a gold You've got bel gold, the green bile, Silver White men can't crump, crump.
Speaker 4: Crumping two chains on today's show, Crumpy.
Speaker 2: Well done, two golds World on Vinnie Weekend at Warnings.
Speaker 3: Silver ten things I play about you Bronze. Now you might.
Speaker 2: Want to upgrade them because they're putting brackets here. The shows have been listening for a while to the show this morning, Picasso will get it.
Speaker 4: Picasa's played Familier on the show that it will be upgrade until silver.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go. That's good news for Nick Muriel's welding. Oh she loves the world Gold Plus asked mang excuse me, I don't know what happened there when over speed by last Mango in Paris Silver Star wart Silver Uncle suck.
Speaker 3: Oh dear Silver Plus, No, No, Danny more to one bat.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great, Andy, well done, Gassie come home, Oh Gassie dogs, let another one go? Mad facts, Oh dear.
Speaker 3: Silver, Angry fax machine.
Speaker 2: The First Hives Club Silver talk about which Jack's got a massive spot at the back of his neck. Wright and out politeness. I've not said any think it's not my business. Pats comes into the studio within a minute begs you, begs that she can squeeze it. Oh, I shouldn't have said anything, you know, I shouldn't have said anything.
Speaker 3: But oh Osanko begged you to squeeze that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you look at it like someone's put out a lovely plate of food. Like you just keep staring.
Speaker 2: She can't.
Speaker 3: On the show picnic At hanging sock silver.
Speaker 2: I think we might be read then and now we haven't. Gary Poppins, come on, change a letter, changeing over. Cary Poppins is a tiny different movie. Cary Poppins Andrew. That is brilliant. Let's leave it there this morning. Is he getting the tickets?
Speaker 4: Muriel's welding?
Speaker 2: All right, Muriels Welding. You're off to a red hot summer tour. Tyl of today's show is propeller faced man. We are back tomorrow morning, six days ago for one last game. We've got a great name from the world of umping. You can hear who it is. You might be a guest on tomorrow's show.
Speaker 3: Thanks listening.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Show Podcast