Speaker 1: This episode was recorded on Cameragle Land. Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life.
Speaker 2: I'm cut, I'm Laura, and I'm Keisha filling in for Brits today because she's off visiting her lover, her.
Speaker 1: Fiance Ben in Romania. I mean, we do have another episode this week before we.
Speaker 2: Are actually technically on holidays, but Bridge just like she took an extra day, which I feel like you deserve if.
Speaker 1: You're doing a long distance relationship. She was like, I'm traveling and You're like, you're not traveling. By then she's like, yeah, i am, I'm on a plane.
Speaker 2: She's like, well, when you're eating cinnamon scrolls, I can see it on Instagram.
Speaker 1: I know what you're doing.
Speaker 3: She looks like she's having a magical like winter Christmas, which is very cool. But she will be back here to do ask Uncut on Thursday, and then we also have our year in review coming out on Christmas Eve, and because we are suckers for punishment, we will also have a brand new episode per week before we come back from the summer break.
Speaker 1: Do we Yeah? What are they? Which ones? You're recording? One with Matt.
Speaker 3: She's how you find out I did speak with Matt about it last week.
Speaker 1: You will be recording an ask Gun cut.
Speaker 3: With Matti, is recording an episode with Sherry, and also maybe an ask Gun cut with Ben, so that will all.
Speaker 1: Be coming brand new tiar ears over the summer break.
Speaker 2: This might be a really good time to ask you what exactly am I recording with Matt or for everybody listening now, if you have any questions that you want me to ask my husband, you know, like seven year itch, is that a thing? Whatever it looks like, send them to us in the DMS, and I will ask him and we will answer them on this recording that is apparently going to happen in the future. Also, I mean, I know that everybody knows this and it shouldn't come as a surprise because I think that there's been a lot of gearing up to it thus far. But Christmas is next Wednesday, everyone, next Wednesday. I just checked it again in my calendar to make sure that I wasn't lying.
Speaker 1: It is literally eight days away. If you're listening to this on Tuesday. Did that just blow me?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 3: Just blow your balls offn't even got my boyfriend's present yet, haven't.
Speaker 2: Yet forgot my kids presence, Yet Santa has been lazy this year.
Speaker 1: Every year, I.
Speaker 3: Feel as though you get to this point of the year and we all say, like, look, honestly, I'm crawling to the finish line. Like I really feel as though I'm army commandoing right now to the finish line. But knowing that it's only eight days away causes me more stress than I anticipated, because that means that I've got a lot to do in that period of time and I'm not even the one hosting Christmas.
Speaker 1: You're hosting Christmas, surely it feels worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so sorry to anyone who also hadn't checked their calendar and had kind of just not really put a timeline on how close the proximity of Christmas was. But I was sitting at the airport today. I literally flew in this morning for this record from the Gold Coast, and I was just looking at my calendar trying to figure out when was the next meat raffle at.
Speaker 1: The local RSL club so that I could win myself.
Speaker 2: I Am That's what I was doing at six am at the airport this morning.
Speaker 3: I love how much trust do you put in the fact that you're going to have like good luck syndrome and lucky girl syndrome.
Speaker 1: Sorry that you're actually going to be the one who wins the ham? Is that what happens lucky girls?
Speaker 3: A raffle ticket doesn't guarantee, I know, but I have to order one, Laura.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: But last year we won our pork and our ham from the meat raffle at the local RSEL, so I had my heart set on it because it came in very handy. We host and we have to feed a lot.
Speaker 1: Of pimmy very hammy. I thought, this year, that's it.
Speaker 2: We're going to go every time that there is a meat raffle until we've won our hams. But I realized I left it too late and there's no more meat raffles, so I have to go and buy the ham this year.
Speaker 1: That's real. Anyway, I've got that. I'm pretty sure that you should have already ordered it because you might get lucky. Anyway.
Speaker 2: How were the carols last night? They looked lit the carols? It was so good. Nobody does the carols like the surface Paradise page. To say that I am paid.
Speaker 1: Nana is good. It's the truth. I went to the Bondai Ones I went to the Paddington Ones. We are like Carol.
Speaker 2: I can't say Carol sluts because my kids are involved. Do get around when it comes to the Carols. And the Surface Paradise ones are so good. They even ended with the eight o'clock fireworks. The kids it was like they'd gone to Utopia. So when you're at the Carols, they obviously have like the back of house area where everyone has their kind of like tents to get ready in, and they had.
Speaker 1: Green rooms the carols. They had like little green rooms for the Carols.
Speaker 2: And the girls were in their little green rooms and a little tent next to us was Emma Memma, and they just sat there so completely enthralled. And Emma Watkins is she I don't think that like she's not like a normal human. She's literally like Sunshine personified. The way she speaks, the way she is, it's not just a stage thing like it is actually her. She is the most lovely person. It's like she floats. She doesn't even walk, she just floats down the road. You get a girl crash on Mmmo, I think I'm in love with Emma Memmo. I was gonna say we should have her on the podcast, but maybe that would get a bit strange.
Speaker 1: What I also love about that is that they do eight o'clock fireworks.
Speaker 3: With one of my friends yesterday, and I've realized that for New Years this year, I don't.
Speaker 1: Really care about the whole midnight thing.
Speaker 3: We got to spend New Years together last year, actually, you and I did at your house.
Speaker 1: You left early. What time were you there too?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: You were there to night.
Speaker 3: We came back, yeah, and we watched the fireworks altogether. I'm so glad it was such a memorable experience. But I've actually realized that this year, I think I'm just going to do the nine o'clock ones.
Speaker 2: I mean, it doesn't say much for us, does it. If you've gotten to the stage of life where you're like, I reckon, I'll reach the nine o'clock ones, and then I think I'll just go to bed.
Speaker 3: I couldn't bring the new year in a better way than getting nine hours of solid rem.
Speaker 2: Sleep in true Keisha style. And you always want to kick off a new year right, you know. The thing is, though, like when you're in your twenties or when you're younger. Maybe also sometimes I think for some people who are single as well that there's this like real feeling of like I don't want to miss out on something, so you want to plan a big New Years. But I do feel like every single time I have planned a New Year's it has been a disappointed It's never met up to the expectation or the hope that I had for the night and what the night could be. And then you're always left so late. It's like three o'clock in the morning, you can't get a fucking taxi, you can't get home. You're walking four kilometers through the city to just to try and get to your house.
Speaker 3: You've kissed this random dude, you didn't even lie, and you're like, you're not even slightly attractive to me.
Speaker 1: But it's midnight.
Speaker 3: I don't just want to be standing here while everyone else is in the couple's kissing.
Speaker 2: But good if you're a random dude, though, get out there, get amongst it.
Speaker 1: You might get lucky.
Speaker 2: Well, look, coming home this morning, so I left the carrols. I woke up at four point thirty this morning in the Gold Coast. I got on the very first flight out of the Gold Coast and into Sydney, and I fell asleep on the plane, and I, in true lawa fashion, I fell asleep with my mouth wide open like this.
Speaker 1: I have seen you cash flies on planes before.
Speaker 2: In the first row with my head against the window, and there was a spare seat in between us, and then the aisle seat there was a man sitting there and he was you know, he was just said, mining his own business, doing his own thing. And a couple of times I like, you know, when you're so tired, and then you might hit a bit of turbulence or something's moved and your head just goes bong and you do the.
Speaker 1: Full head help yourself to being awake.
Speaker 2: It's almost like you get like momentary whiplash because you bang your head forward and back. So I did that a couple of times, and I looked around, really startled, and I looked and he would then look at me, and I'd go back to sleep. And we come into land in Sydney and everyone's getting their stuff and whatnot, and he turns around. He looks at me and he goes, excuse me, do you have a podcast?
Speaker 3: I thought he was gonna say, excuse me, were you on stage with Emmin MIMML last night?
Speaker 2: He was like, do you have a podcast. I was like, yeah, it's called laughe on cut. He's like, yeah, I mean you're I mean your discussion group. My wife listens to your podcast every day. I was like, oh, please tell her that I slept with my mouth open to this entire flight.
Speaker 1: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I also with my shoes off on my foot on the seat. What a fucking grub.
Speaker 3: You know how you just said the mm memmer, She's like, sunshine, she fly, You're sleepy, tired, chaos consistently, it's not just a performance for the podcast, it is actually who you are, so at least it was.
Speaker 1: On brand true.
Speaker 2: So mmma floats and I'm dragging myself across the ground. Told me I wasn't allowed to say it last week, but I'm gonna say it anyway.
Speaker 1: You know the scene, you know the scene people say to us that we sometimes are too careful of what we think are going to get as canceled with this one.
Speaker 2: Actually want you know the scene from Forest Gump where the guy has had his legs blown off and he's dragging himself through the forest.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel at the moment, And is that going to get me canceled? Maybe you're on your own here.
Speaker 3: This is an active decision that you have made. You've chosen to put this in here.
Speaker 1: You're on your own. I wish you the best of las.
Speaker 3: Anyway, something going on in my life is that I have finally, after over two years, decided to get myself a brand new phone.
Speaker 1: I having problems.
Speaker 3: If you ask Apple, I was not having any problems because they traded it in and there was nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 1: The battery was fine. Apple knows the battery wasn't fine. They do it on purpose. They did get into trouble at one point for doing that. But I had an iPhone twelve.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're now up to the iPhone sixteen, and I've realized that there was this really strange thing in my mind, and it was the first time I've ever noticed that I kind of partook in a bit of like allegiance with a certain strange thing. And I've realized that I am dedicated and I am loyal to the even numbered iPhones.
Speaker 1: What do you mean, oh, iPhone sixteen? Is there? What number we aret?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: We're at sixteen now, so I've now got a sixteen. But I've realized that over the course of however long I've had an iPhone, which would have to be god, I don't know, maybe fourteen years or like.
Speaker 1: To at least twelve years now.
Speaker 3: I've only ever had even numbered iPhones.
Speaker 1: Mine's an iPhone fourteen pro.
Speaker 3: Okay, are you are also the type of person who hasn't alleged because I've seen this with certain things where a lot of people, when they have their TV volume, they will have to have it on either an even or an odd number, and whatever they are like loyal to, they stick to that.
Speaker 1: A lot of people have it for even numbers.
Speaker 3: And I'm not usually that type of person who gets hung up on little details like that, but I simply refused to switch to an odd numbered iPhone.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that.
Speaker 2: I think it's the fact that, like an iPhone has about a two year bandwidth, right, or like eighteen months or whatever, and so by the time you're ready to get one, you're just not back on an even number, right there's a new one that comes out, because there's a new one that comes.
Speaker 1: Out almost every year.
Speaker 2: I don't know enough about iPhones, but I've had this one for way too long now, and it's also dying and if we're gonna complain about iPhones, the real thing we should be complaining about is a new photo update that everyone hates.
Speaker 1: Who did that? Who did that? Everyone in the world hates.
Speaker 3: I have not seen one single post about people going, oh, I actually really like that. It's now scattered as anything, and it can't work out how the folders work.
Speaker 1: What are you guys doing? I remained loyal to you.
Speaker 3: I realized that I I skipped the fourteen, but then the idea of going to a fifteen to me just felt I.
Speaker 1: Felt really uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I felt dirty, I felt like I was switching to a different team, and I just didn't do it. I just held out with the iPhone twelve for so long that I have to charge it three times a day, and the camera didn't work. I couldn't zoom because one of the cameras I dropped it in a crack, which is a real.
Speaker 2: Hurdle for someone who works in like an audio medium where you actually need your phone and actually need a camera.
Speaker 1: But case she really persevered for so long. I did. But it's because of this weird loyalty thing.
Speaker 3: I'm realizing that maybe this is a bit strange and I thought that maybe this would be relatable to people, but perhaps I am on my own. I think it is a particularly niche Also, sorry to all the Samsung and Google phone.
Speaker 1: I think it's particularly niche.
Speaker 2: However, I'm sure there's somebody else out there who's going to reflect and be like, oh yeah, I only also stuck to an even number.
Speaker 1: You know where we had this conversation.
Speaker 3: We had this conversation earlier in the year when we spoke about big laptop purchases and I said that I would never make a purchase of three hundred dollars on a phone that's a laptop, percho, and you told me I was crazy, and the internet was on my side.
Speaker 2: I also told you that that was a particularly niche conversation and it ended up making international news.
Speaker 1: So like, I'm cool to be wrong. I'm fine with that. But the one thing we're not wrong about.
Speaker 2: Is the fucking photo app, because everyone is raging about it at the moment, and I just wonder who the person was that worked on the back end of that, that worked on like the IT infrastructure, And when this looks good, yep, they're gonna not be able to find anything they want at any point in time, but I reckon that they'll enjoy spending more time in the photo app.
Speaker 3: I think it's reminiscent of someone who's had a to do list for like the last six months, right, and they've had to have it done by Christmas.
Speaker 1: Like it's been on their with and they finally were like it.
Speaker 3: All and they went, I fully forgot. I completely forgot about that entire thing that I was supposed to do, So I'm just I'm just gonna do this is what we're doing. And they just basically said, just remove any of the formatting that previously used.
Speaker 2: But also remove any of the formatting that actually makes intuitive sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you reckon that person got fired? I feel like if there's any redundancy that should have happened, it's probably to the person who did.
Speaker 1: The photo update.
Speaker 2: But talking of restructuring, also off the back of that, speaking about how no one likes the restructure, we have some big changes coming in twenty twenty five to Life on Cut, and I know that it's one of those situations where people don't necessarily like change when it very first happens, which is why we wanted to give you guys as much warning about this as possible, and also to kind of explain the reasons why we're making these adjustments to the podcast. You guys will probably remember a couple of months ago, we did a quite a big survey around what it is that you're enjoying about the pod, what it is that you're not enjoying as much, all the changes that you would like to make.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I was really flatted and I was so touched by the amount of people that went out of their way.
Speaker 1: It only took a couple of minutes to fill out the survey, but we just asked you to.
Speaker 3: Do it like you didn't get anything out of it other than having your say, And we got over four thy five hundred responses, which was such a huge data set that enabled us to really know what was going on. You know, what you guys were liking the most.
Speaker 2: The structural changes that we're making, and at the moment, like you guys don't necessarily know this, but we work every Sunday in order to be able to bring you the Tuesday episode, so we record it on Monday morning, but in order to have everything prepped and ready to go, we have to do that on a Sunday So the changes that we're also making aren't just because they're structural changes that will work for you, but they are also changes that will allow us to have longevity and to be able to keep creating the podcast, because I know, like at the moment, it's really hard for everyone to show up every single Sunday Sunday afternoon from three o'clock. We're all back on our laptops and working into the evening, and we want to be able to have not just an amazing product, but also have the life balance that goes along with that, especially now because we have the ability to create that structure and we're making these changes anyway.
Speaker 3: And in order to do that, we knew that we would have to change the days that we were dropping content because we want things to be as up to date as they possibly can be. So next year we are going to still have the three episodes that we currently drop, but they're going to drop on different days. So we are going to drop an episode on a Monday, on a Wednesday, and on a Friday morning. And we've decided to switch up the order of the episodes. Because it came in very loud and clear that ask gun Cut was your favorite episode pretty unanimously. I think it was over seventy percent of people that was their favorite episode. So we're gonna give that to you first thing Monday morning, so you can go into your whatever your Monday looks like. If you get a bit of Monday itis, hopefully it will be alleviated a little bit.
Speaker 1: By having something that you like listening to.
Speaker 3: We are going to drop what is currently on a Tuesday on a Wednesday, So that's the personal life catch ut where Britain Lauri to talk about what's going on in their life. We often talk about something that's going on in the news, things that we find.
Speaker 2: Funny, Like it's basically this episode will be happening on a Wednesday now, so we're just shifting it one day.
Speaker 3: And then the interview based episode, where we talk to someone who might be an expert in the field or a topic that we've really wanted to unpack.
Speaker 1: Or someone who has a really interesting and incredible.
Speaker 3: Story, someone that you just love and think is really funny. Those interviews are going to drop on a Friday, so you can go into your weekend having a bit more of a like deep and meaningful conversation to listen to.
Speaker 2: The feedback that we were having was dropping on a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday just meant that so much content was coming out and a lot of you didn't have time to actually listen to all of it. So these changes have been really considered, and we've spent a lot of time sort of fleshing out what is the best thing for the way in which we structure life on Cut and for ourselves, and we're so excited for what twenty twenty five is going to bring.
Speaker 3: So these changes will be starting. So your first Monday Ask Gun Cut will be starting on the twentieth of January. That's when we're coming back from our Christmas break.
Speaker 1: But as I said at the start of this, you'll actually.
Speaker 3: Have some brand new content to listen to over the summer as well. Speaking of kind of schedule changes, can I do accidentally unfiltered?
Speaker 1: Now? Can we just jump into it? Because I saw this TikTok.
Speaker 3: It's an American woman who I don't want to assume age, but I would say that she would be roughly sixty five, And the caption on TikTok says, my grammy finally decided to download a dating app, and this is how it's going, and she's sitting there showing her granddaughter how her dating app is going. And this is what she said, Hello, Gary.
Speaker 5: Nice to meet you. I love the picture of you on the swing. Looks like fun and I love to swing too. So I said that yesterday and then today I mean read it and I go, oh, my gosh. So this is what I said back to me. I said, Hi, Gary, I just I just saw that I I labeled myself as a swinger. So sorry, I am not a swinger, the complete opposite. To be honest with you, I apologize for my bad choice of words, and I hope this goes oh it should have been. Does does not deter you from reaching out to me. Have a wonderful.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's weird, whether the fact that she was like, I'm sorry, I labeled myself a swinger, or she replied by saying I like to swing too.
Speaker 1: What seventy year old lady wants to sit on a swing and swing?
Speaker 6: She just said, I like the photo of your swing, you know, I like to swing to you look adventurous, I don't know, and just picturing those ones in Bali, you know how they've got those massive, big swings, that you can go on.
Speaker 1: It's not so much about the picture, it's about the reply.
Speaker 3: Do you know what is something that's so embarrassing that I didn't understand? And this is be going back and have to be like between six and eight years ago, I reckon, you do want a hinge how you can select your political like who you vote for, whether you're conservative or your liberal.
Speaker 1: So before I knew what the actual word.
Speaker 3: Liberal meant, which is progressive, which is what every other country in the world calls their progressive party.
Speaker 1: Here in Australia, our more conservative.
Speaker 3: Party is called the Liberal Party, and so I used to think that it meant that.
Speaker 2: They voted for the Liberal Imagine how many people you would have write swiped because you were like, our political views don't a line I thought.
Speaker 3: Myself as a left leaning queen, and I just would have been like, no, oh gosh, we're never gonna get along, because I also used to think that I wanted someone who had the same political views as me, and I used to just left left left.
Speaker 1: Turns out it could have been my dream man.
Speaker 2: No. But the thing is is, I think for a lot of people in Australia who maybe don't know the difference of that either maybe they are actually liberal.
Speaker 1: You gotta run the risk this is true. They're Australian, Like we're using Australian terminology.
Speaker 2: I know that obviously it means different things in different places, but you would assume that most the people who were putting that in. If they're Australian, maybe are actually liberal. Doesn't say much because it was no Labor Party on there. But now it's a risk. The only thing I misinterpreted from memory when I was on dating apps is I went through this period and hear me out where I received a request from several different profiles. And this is over the duration of about six months, so it wasn't just one time. So I was receiving the request from guys asking me to peg them, which I don't know what was in my profile that would have given them the indication that I liked pegging. The problem is is I didn't know what pegging was. I had no idea. This is going back like fifteen years ago, mind you, Like when I was on the dating apps, was.
Speaker 3: There like a photo waundry basket and a bunch of pegs?
Speaker 1: Do you know what pegging is?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: I know what pegging is, but I'm putting you to this woman who was saying I like to swing too.
Speaker 2: No, there was nothing on there that would have implied I just maybe it was a thing at the time, Maybe it was a trend.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I can count on. Well, I reckon.
Speaker 2: I got about five requests for people asking me to peg them on dating apps in a very short period of time, So after the.
Speaker 3: Second one, you didn't think to do a read of the room and ask the people around you, Hey, I keep on getting.
Speaker 2: This weird request wasn't because of my dating app, though I don't think it was actually because of my profile. The reason why I'm saying it was in a situation where I didn't really know what it was it was being asked of me is because so the first few times they weren't even people they would have like pegged.
Speaker 1: I replied to or interacted with.
Speaker 2: But then this one guy who I had been chatting with for a little while was like, hey, would you peg me? And I was like, I don't know what that means, but was being really agreeable at the time and was like sure. Then went to my girlfriend, Hey, this is where I might have just been asked to peg this guy, what does this mean?
Speaker 1: And she was like, and then she explained it to me, and I was like.
Speaker 2: I probably should unpack why I'm giving off pegging vibes.
Speaker 3: It is strange to me that so many if you didn't have a photo.
Speaker 1: Of a strap on.
Speaker 3: Or a bunch of pegs on your profile, it is strange to me that you could somehow give off the vibe that you would be enthusiastic about pegging, like I don't know what that looks like, short of having photos that kind of implied that you were into it.
Speaker 2: I got asked a lot of times, and then I started to think that maybe it was normal.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been asked? I've asked? Don't know you No, Nah, just me, lucky me, just you? Did I not look as though I was athletic enough. I think it's the broad shoulders on me. They really gave up peg vibes.
Speaker 3: So I think I am constantly underestimated when playing sport because I'm he's.
Speaker 1: Just like, I could peg you, dough.
Speaker 3: Why wasn't I asked to peg? Did you not think I had the hYP mobility? Did you not think I had the stamina? Because they do this happens a lot every single Tuesday afternoon. I am underestimated by the very fit twenty three year old boys who we play against. I have got two tries in the past few weeks because they genuinely could see it in their eyes that they looked at me and they went.
Speaker 1: They got a bit lazy. She's not able to she's fun and you don't need to worry about it. I can peg them like a queen. Fuck you. I could have pegged you.
Speaker 3: Well, I might check in the accidentally and filter that we were saying that I thought was really funny, because this is so something that would happen to me. I was walking my dog with my partner one morning not long after accountcil pick up. You know the street ones where you can put all of your stuff out on the street and they come.
Speaker 1: And collect it.
Speaker 3: There was a heap of games on the side of the path, including Monopoly, which we didn't have.
Speaker 1: I was stoked. I picked it up. I opened the box and I checked that it had all of these pieces.
Speaker 3: When a guy came running out of an apartment and shouted, what are you doing. It turns out that they were moving in and there was a moving truck parked right outside fair Nah.
Speaker 1: I think that this is an easy mistake to make. I genuinely do.
Speaker 2: And I also think like, if you're moving, you don't just leave the games.
Speaker 1: You've got to like that's kid, that shit contained.
Speaker 3: I feel as I've seen people put signs on their things being like we are moving. This is not free because people like me, I love street furniture. There is nothing that gets my dopamine higher than finding a piece of furniture on the side of the road that I'm like, I can fix that.
Speaker 2: There are two types of people right There are the people who would just pass it by because they're just like, not not for me. And then there are the people that would make their partner stand there while they go get the car yeah, or they will stand there while someone goes and gets a vehicle appropriate to pick it up.
Speaker 3: There was this one time I was walking down to the beach for a swim. This when I lived in Bondai and there was such a good desk and I said to my friend Aily, I was like, oh, look, how good that desk is. I need a desk. I'm in the market for a desk. I was about to buy one that'll be perfect, and she said We'll just go for a quick swim and then I'll help you on the way back up.
Speaker 1: I'll help you carry it back to your house. You're like, nah, it'll be gone.
Speaker 3: It was, of course, I lost my chance at my free dream desk and I had to pay.
Speaker 2: For I still think about a chair that once upon a time was in Bondai that I wanted my boyfriend at the time to go and get a car to bring it home. It was like a velvet green chair and he was like, absolutely fucking not. He's like, you can go get the car. So I like ran home, got the car, came back gone because I was at the time taking home a lot of street furniture and he was like, no more.
Speaker 1: Maybe they were actually just moving into the apartment.
Speaker 2: Nah, it's just one loan chair out there ready for Laura Burn.
Speaker 1: Where real scabs aren't we Yep, but that's all right. The girl out of Warm Gone.
Speaker 2: Something that we've been talking about in our groued chat recently, and it may or not be something that you have seen and are also familiar with.
Speaker 1: There is a woman.
Speaker 2: Her name is Lily Phillips. She's twenty three years old and she is an only Fans creator, and the reason why she has become quite famous is because she has set the enormous goal of sleeping with one thousand men in twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: This seems to be something that is becoming more and more common. You guys might remember Bonnie Blue. She was the very infamous Only Fans creator who really made her mark by saying that she was going to sleep with the schoolies boys. She had her visa revote and there was so much absolute rage about that situation. But it does seem as though that there is this increasing sort of push for content that revolves around setting records for the amount of men that you can sleep with in a short period of time. We've spoken about Only Fans quite a few times on this podcast before, and also we've interviewed Angela White, who was a prolific porn star, and she even said that she makes the majority of her income via Only Fans Now and it has been an incredibly empowering platform for her where she has agency, where she owns her content, produces her own content, and is able to make an income, you know, without the same amount of effort that she has to for her normal productions. But I guess this conversation around Lily really comes back to a video, a documentary that's been released that shows both sides of this record that she is trying to set, and it really asked the question whether or not only fans, the people who are on there are being forced to create content that is more and more sensational in order to get the downloads and in order to continue to make this revenue.
Speaker 3: So Josh Peters is the YouTube guy who actually created this documentary.
Speaker 1: It was released a week ago and it has nearly four million views.
Speaker 3: It was titled I Slept with one Hundred Men in a Day and the documentary is Josh speaking with Lily for the majority of it and talking about, you know, how she got into OnlyFans. So for a bit of context, she started only fans when she was at UNI. She now has nine employees, which is a pretty substantial team. Josh calls her a businesswoman in the documentary. Her parents have always known what she has been up to and have always been across the fact that she's creating this content and not the nitty gritty details. But they are aware and they are still very much in her life. She speaks with her mum every day The reason I wanted to bring that up is because I think this documentary for me was really interesting to examine the stereotypes that exist in terms of the reasons why people get into sex work and compare that with my own biases about what I think about sex work and how the world views it as a very shameful career. So the documentary starts with some conversations between Josh and Lilly talking about her goal of sleeping with one hundred men in the one day, and so this is in training for this world record attempt that she will be making shortly where she wants to sleep with one thousand men in a day. They were talking about her motivations, about her fantasies, about her early only fans career, and how that has led her to the point that she wants to kind of set herself these challenges and film them for her only fans. And this is what she had to say ahead of the challenge.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I guess the only thing I'm nervous for is like for them to have a good time.
Speaker 1: I want to make sure they enjoyed themselves.
Speaker 4: And not don't come away from it like I feel disgusted or that wasn't fun.
Speaker 7: I think other people in the industry definitely look down and for doing this, but I think at the end of the day, people forget there's also my fantasy and this is also something that I'm really enjoying and want to do and have wanted to do before I was even in the industry.
Speaker 3: Something that I found really interesting in the documentary was actually the logistics of how they were organizing the one hundred men that were going to be sleeping with Lily on the day. I think it would it were even generous to say that it was disorganized as anything, and it seemed to be done by people who who really didn't necessarily understand that this could be a risk to her safety, it could be a risk to their safety. It was done by her assistance. They basically put a call out on her only fans and had people submit their application that they wanted to be one of the one hundred men who slept with Lily. They were to send a photo of themselves alongside with their ID. And these were the concerns that Josh Peters, the guy who created the documentary, had about the way that they were selecting men.
Speaker 8: The whole thing, I think I'm realizing is actually more mental than we originally thought. There are one hundred men turning up to have with her for five minutes each in a single day. I mean, there's a decent chance that one of them is going to be dangerous. One of them might have a weapon, have a criminal record, a few of them will have STIs. Just on a basic statistic, you can know that a few of them are going to have STIs. So let's just hope those condoms are good ones.
Speaker 3: Now, well, what was interesting about these hundred men that were selected to be the men who were going to sleep with Lily on this day is that on the day of the actual I guess experiment or the challenge I guess I could call it, quite a few of them pulled out, and so the assistants who were organizing this kind of ended up using a referral po with the men who were there, and they said, hey, you know, if you had a good time and you have a friend, do you reckon You could message them, send them where we are, send them the Airbnb details, and get in contact with us. Because we've had so many pull out that in order to make this hundred men.
Speaker 1: We need more men we need more people, and so they.
Speaker 3: Were recruiting kind of like on the spot.
Speaker 2: Well, she was also saying that like the people who were prioritized were people who had had their STI checks done, but also getting to a point where they didn't have enough people to actually fulfill that one hundred man goal meant that they had to, I guess be more lax with how they found participants. Look, I mean, the reason why we wanted to talk about this isn't so much around the goal setting or this astronomical feat of trying to sleep with X amount of people in a certain amount of time. It's because of a specific part of this interview that has gone very viral, and it's of Lily reflecting on that one hundred men experience. She went into it with such a positive Hoyt look, she went into it with such a conviction that she was going to enjoy the experience, that the experience was a fantasy of hers. And then the follow up interview really showed something that felt quite dark in comparison.
Speaker 3: And just for some context, if there are a couple of words that are muted in this, that's how the documentary had to publish the YouTube, so it might just sound a little bit cut to you. And each of the men logistically were to be given five minutes to spend with Lily. So this is Lily directly after they had completed the challenge of one hundred men.
Speaker 4: Just one in, one out.
Speaker 1: Like it feels intense, like more intense than you thought it might.
Speaker 4: Definitely. You know, when I talked you last, like I was not nervous, and it was like the day before, I was like, I'm so nervous, but it was good. It was more I guess the interactions were like I'd have to stop them earning and like you'd have to stand on business and be like, I'm so sorry you got to go, and like the awkward interaction of like you feeling pressure to have to make them come if like you haven't spent enough time with them, and feeling like they didn't like you didn't give them a good time because like they only got two minutes and.
Speaker 8: That, and that's what That's what's making you feel emotional, is that maybe you think you didn't give some guys a good enough time today.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, And it's hard I think having the interactions with them when they're like, well, you're not going to make me finish. I've come all this way like kind of like guilt tripping me a little bit. I felt bad, like some people just travel so far, like I didn't want to give them a shit time and like come away from this and be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, that's it.
Speaker 4: I think sometimes like feeling so like robotic, like by the I think like the thirtieth you know, like when we're getting on a bit, I've got like a routine of like how we're going to do this, and like it just sometimes you'd like disassociate and be like, you know, like it's not like normal things at all. In my head right now, I can think of like five six guys tang guys that I remember, and that's it.
Speaker 1: But it's just I don't know. It's just weird, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Like if I didn't if I didn't have the videos, I wouldn't have known I've done one hundred, you know.
Speaker 2: I think for anyone listening to that audio. When I listened to it the first time, my very first response was how devastating that sounded, and like it makes me ask the question right. Often we can have fantasies. Often we can think that something is going to be a certain way, and then when we actually experience it ourselves, the reality of a situation is very, very different from what we thought it was going to be. But the issue in this situation is almost that Lily can't change her mind about it because it has been so public She has set herself the goal of sleeping with a thousand men. She has so many OnlyFans subscribers, This is how she is now making her income, this is what she has become known for. So it's kind of a situation of pressure where she can't go back on the goal that has been set. And it's very evident in that piece of audio that Lily is quite distressed after sleeping with one hundred men and that it wasn't necessarily what she expected it was going to be, and it was a lot harder than what she expected it to be in her own words. But then she's gone on to do many podcasts and to speak about it publicly, to say that she actually did really enjoy the experience, and also that she does still have the goal of sleeping with a thousand men. I mean, we've spoken about it heaves between the two of us, and also within the Life Uncut chat that we have because on one hand, we've had so many conversations about how only Fans can be so empowering for some people, and how it has been a really empowering platform for many sex workers. But I also think it's important to talk about the gray and to talk about the t when maybe it isn't empowering. And I watch that video and I watch that documentary, and it makes me question whether or not this is empowering for Lily, a twenty three year old OnlyFans creator, whether this is actually doing psychological harm in the long term, or whether this is content that in ten twenty years time, or even directly after she sleeps with this one thousand men, that she's not actually going to enjoy.
Speaker 3: I also feel a bit uncomfortable about even thinking about that, because, on one hand, she's twenty three years old, she has agency, you know, she's not being pressured into this by any external factors other than some that we may get to that we think could be going on psychologically, And.
Speaker 1: So a part of me is just like, what's.
Speaker 3: My place to have an opinion on this, you know, absolutely, And then the other part of me watches the documentary and I was really really taken back by how much I felt for her, and I was trying to understand why that might be the case, and I was like, well, she's not a Victim's chosen to get herself into this position. She said that this is her fantasy. But it really did make me think about and I think all of us may have been in a situation like this before, where we've set ourselves a goal of you know, we wanted to achieve something, and whether that be that you want to run a marathon, or whether it be that you want to do a certain thing for your job, or whatever it is, and you can find yourself in the situation and you realize like, actually, this is so not what I thought it was going to be. But I can't back out now. I can't back out because I've told people that I was going to achieve it. In Lily's case, she has literally traded a certain subscription fee telling people this is what I'm going to do. And I think that the pressure of that would be pretty overwhelming, because not only would she almost have to.
Speaker 1: Hate saying the word face up to the fact that maybe.
Speaker 3: The experience wasn't what she thought, but there is also a possibility that that was just her immediate reaction.
Speaker 1: She was really exhausted.
Speaker 3: She was going at it quite literally for fourteen hours. She'd had to have multiple showersout the day. She was probably phys very very exhausted for sure, And so I don't want to kind of go, well, that's actually how she you know, we just got insight into how she actually feels about it.
Speaker 2: Or because it kind of is like affirmation bias, right, Like we already know that the industry, there is so much dehumanizing that goes on. There is so much shame that is like completely enshrouded in the sex industry, and the pendulum is swinging. Like we have had many conversations around how people don't just get into sex work because they're impoverished, or because it is an absolute need, or there's addiction issues, which I think used to be the real mentality. People thought, surely people would only do this for a job because they had to, And we know that the mentality around that is changing and that there are so many people who get into this work because they want to. But I guess the big part of this is seeing Lily so upset after setting herself this goal and going through with the one hundred men, knowing that she has the goal of a thousand It's like, is it affirmation bias that part of the documentary where when you see her upset, You're like, Aha, I knew you would regret this. You have confirmed to me that the way I feel about what you're doing is correct. Or is it actually, just like you said, kish, a natural reaction to something that is akin to a marathon. Many people who do wildly physical activities cry throughout doing those physical activities or don't love doing them whilst they're in the midst of that goal setting. And I want to be really careful about making this comparison. I know you laugh because I'm like, it sounds world's apart, but just hear me out on the theory around there.
Speaker 3: It's because when we were talking about this, when you first said the name that you're about to say, I was like, what are you talking about it?
Speaker 1: And then when you explained it, I was like, oh no, I so get what you mean.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, So hear me out ned Brockman recently.
Speaker 1: He's going to be thrilled. But I'm talking about him right now.
Speaker 2: He's going to be sleeping with a thousand men and he's certainly not no, but he recently. I mean, as you guys might be familiar with Ned Brockman, he's an incredible, incredible man who has raised so much money for homelessness by his man marathons. So he ran from Perth to Bondai. He also recently did a new challenge which was running one hundred kilometers a day for sixteen days. Ridiculous, right, and all of Australia got behind him in doing this.
Speaker 1: There were many many.
Speaker 2: Moments throughout his marathon where he was crying, where he was swearing, where he looked very displeased that he was doing it, and he absolutely continued on. I think it's definitely a fast stretch to compare a physical marathon to a sex marathon and like have those things kind of like sit within the same realm or the same even within the same hemisphere. But I guess what I'm trying to say is that nobody questioned Ned Brockman crying. Nobody was like, Aha, see you regret doing this, you hate this. But that has been our natural reaction to Lily doing this, seeing her crying on that documentary, the instant reaction is to think, oh my god, are you going to regret this, Is this the worst decision that you have made for you yourself? And I guess it is because there is an opportunity or there is a possibility that she will. But it's also not our place to have that fear for her because it is the decision that she's making for herself.
Speaker 3: I think also this is where we get into the realm of concern trolling, where like faux concern. If you look on Elily's Instagram, which I did last night, and my god, I regret doing it. It was an absolute cess pit. The shame being put onto her was quite literally disgusting. There's an amount that no matter how primed and prepped you were, no matter if you'd grown up with this your entire life, I don't think we are ever psychologically able to handle that amount of scrutiny from the world. And I truly felt for her in that moment. But I really I thought about this internally of why I had this deep amount of concern for her, given that, like you know, she has all of the things similar to Ned where she'd set herself, the challenge, she'd achieved, the challenge that she went out there for. She showed emotion, but NED did too, you know, why did I feel like it was different? And I got myself into a little bit of a rabbit hole when when she said that she felt like she dissociated. You know, she could only really remember six of the men out of the hundred, or six to ten of the men, And if she didn't have the footage of that experience, she wouldn't have really thought that it actually had occurred. And I did go a little bit deep on this because I thought, maybe that's why I feel so uncomfortable about it. Maybe it's the fact that she feels as though to accomplish this challenge she has to literally feel an outer body experience. She doesn't want to feel physically connected to it herself. And I did a bit of research and Stanford Medicine said that between two and ten percent of the population will experience the phenomenon known as dissociation during their lives, but that dissociation usually occurs as a result of trauma, hypnosis, or certain drugs.
Speaker 1: And this is where I thought, ooh, maybe this is.
Speaker 3: Why I feel so deeply uncomfortable about this. She's obviously not under the influence of drugs. She's not under hypnosis. Do I feel uncomfortable because I actually think she could be causing quite serious psychological trauma to herself. You know, she said that she has dissociated in the experience and that she wants to time that experience by tenfold. She wants to up it to one thousand men. Do I see a young woman, someone who's twenty three years old, making choices that I think could have very serious psychological impacts for them long term. Maybe maybe that's why I actually feel concerned for Lily, and I hope that that's the case, because I don't think that we can ever completely separate ourselves from the fact that, you know, most of the trolling that was going on on her Instagram was like, Wow, I bet your parents are proud of you.
Speaker 1: There was such slut.
Speaker 3: Shaming that I think we've all become somewhat accustomed to as we were growing up, and you know, we were told to worry about body counts, and we were told to think of ourselves as pure and saving ourselves for the right person. I don't think I can ever fully remove myself from those messages, even though we have spent so long really pushing the narrative in the opposite.
Speaker 1: Direction, yeah, and trying to unpick it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I guess I landed on the fact that maybe Lily actually was involved in this experience because she felt the pressure to live up to a goal that she had created for herself, even though she was putting herself through a lot of psychological stress. And I don't think it would be normal if you didn't have care for that. I don't think it would be normal to see that and see how upset she was and not feel as though you had some type of sympathy for her that you know, she might not be a victim in the sex industry how we typically used to think of victims, But maybe she's a victim to the algorithms now, maybe she's a victim to the fact that we have to have more outrageous and out their content to draw people in.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess the big question is is this empowering? That has always been the question around OnlyFans, and it has really been like the thing that's set it apart in so many ways is that OnlyFans was and is empowering. I think of creators like Bonnie Blue. I know we've mentioned her a couple of times, she talks about the experiences that she's had, and I've listened to so many podcast episodes where she speaks around it being something that she wants to do, she feels empowered by it, she enjoys it. She has never outwardly or publicly at least spoken in a negative way. And I think that this is the first time where we have seen a creator like this. Actually I take that back. It's the second time that we have seen a creator like this speak about an experience and show negative reactions to what they've just gone through. And the other person that I want to talk about very quickly is Lisa Sparks. So, Lisa Sparks is the sex worker who has the record for the most men slept with in a twenty four hour period. In two thousand and four, She's slept with nine hundred and nineteen men in one day. At a sex industry event in Poland. Now, interestingly, Lisa, who was in the industry for literally twenty five years, came out and said, to be completely transparent with you all. This event is the only thing I regret doing in my twenty three plus years in the porn industry to this day. This was also the only job that I agreed to perform strictly for the money. I think that that is such an interesting and important quote, because I think it's fine to kind of think, Okay, well, look, she's she's setting these parameters for herself, she's making these decisions. But if those decisions are purely based on the fact that she's now occurring a huge amount of subscribers and is making millions and millions of dollars off the back of it, I do question, like will money be enough to resolve any sort of residual feeling of like I didn't want to be doing this, but the money was good enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I also it kind of makes me question, like removing the fact that we've said, you know, only fans enabled empowerment of women, particularly in the sex industry, at what point does someone step in, Because if these women are working for themselves, there's no referee, there's no one who's there to say we're going too far, like we've actually pushed the boundaries too much, you're not cope with this, And I wonder whether we've replaced that with the public who were the subscribers, you know, I kind of equate that pressure of the expectation to now being well, we have things like AI porn a lot more accessibility to this type of content, and therefore the goalposts do seem to keep shifting. You know, with these creators that are getting a lot of headlines and a lot of media attention, it's because they're doing more and more outrageous things.
Speaker 2: Also, I mean, we talk about people being victims to an industry, and you brought up a really important point before, Keisha. It's not being victims to the industry of being a sex worker, and I really want to make that clear. It's being a victim to content. It's being a victim to having to push things further and further in order to have the same impact, and that exists in all aspects of content creation. I think about people like I mean, I think about us, for example, speaking about our lives or speaking about personal things and things that when we very first started this we were like we would never ever talk about. And then years and years down the track, you get more comfortable, you become more familiar with the platform, you become more familiar with your audience, and that kind of the bar gets pushed further and further. Now I'm not saying that there's ever been a time where I've shared something that I've regretted. I love sharing what I share, but I also know that they could come a time in the future where one of my kids might say, hey, Mum, I really didn't like that you shared that story about me when I was five, you know, because now it's something that lives forever on the Internet, and I didn't ask you to share that. Like, that's a possibility, And it is this question of like, well, where is the line and when does content and content creation the snowball effect of it become too much?
Speaker 1: And I think that was my overall takeaway from the whole documentary.
Speaker 3: I felt as though Lily does not have control over that snowball, and that's my own personal opinion. Other people might disagree, and I don't want people to misinterpret that as me kind of putting an element of shame onto her. I really thought, Wow, I so hope that the next business decision you make is that you get a manager who genuinely, genuinely gives a fuck about you and is willing to help you establish what.
Speaker 1: You are and aren't comfortable with.
Speaker 3: Because I felt as though I saw the dissolving of boundaries. You know that one particular thing that really stood out to me was how much she cared about the experience of.
Speaker 1: The men that she was sleeping with.
Speaker 2: Which is like such a for any woman who is in their twenties. And I say, actually, it doesn't matter what age you are, but I think about this from when I was in my twenties, how much I cared about making sure that the person I was with had a good time above my own satisfaction.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent relate.
Speaker 2: Like the things that I would have done in my twenties, the things I did do, which I look back on now and go, that would have been a straight up fucking no. But I wanted him to have a good time, and so I deprioritize my discomfort or my feelings of like, oh that kind of makes me feel icky for his pleasure and my worry, which echoes what you say in this, Keisha, is that if this is going to be about money or be about an experience, the boundaries have to be so firm. It's you come in, you get your one and a half minutes, your five minutes, whatever it is. Because literally, I mean, we've done the maths to sleep with a thousand men in twenty four hours. Each man would have one minute and forty seconds. Like, that's a boundary that has to be firm in order to reach that goal. So it's almost as though they need someone there who it doesn't have to be Lily. Lily isn't the one saying, hey, you need to leave now, because that's almost too much pressure for someone who's already in quite a vulnerable position to be able to exact those sort of boundaries. It's crazy to me how unregulated it is and how someone who is a creator can simply be like, all right, everyone just rock up to this address, because there are so many elements to it that are really unsafe.
Speaker 3: Contrast this with the conversation that you guys had with Angela White. Angela White had been in the sex industry for quite a while before she started her Only Fence. She now has her own production company where she is the one making the rules. You know, she's the one saying yes or no, But she also has the considerations of things like her safety. She has her boundaries. They are firm as anything. You know, her actual words were, if it's not a fuck, yes, it's.
Speaker 1: A no to me.
Speaker 3: And I compare that to Lily, and I think that their world's apart. And that's why I think I can find Angela's work really empowering, and I can say, Wow, that's amazing that you're doing this and you're making all of this money from it. And I look at Lily and I think you're in a potentially dangerous situation because you don't have any of the infrastructure around you to support you, to make sure that you're going to be okay. And I mean that physically and psychologically.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I mean, like we said at the very beginning, we toyed around whether we should have this conversation or not, but we had been speaking about it quite a bit, and we were like, you know, when something keeps coming up, it's what makes us realize, Okay, yes, it's definitely something we want to discuss. But the question was whether or not talking about this in this light undoes all of the really positive conversations that have kind of pushed the pendulum into the area of like, Okay, well, look, sex workers also have agency, they're not all victims, et cetera, et cetera. But I do think it's really important to talk about the full spectrum of this and there are instances where it sits in the gray, and for us, this was definitely one of those discussions that sat within the gray. And I think most people who have seen that part of this documentary and we will link everything in the show notes would feel as uncomfortable as we felt overarchingly in the question that we all keep coming back to is is this version empowering for women? All Right, it's time for us sucking us with Keisha, Petit, Petit Petit?
Speaker 1: What is your suck for the week?
Speaker 3: My suck for the week is that every single year I forget that this happens. My car insurance, my private health insurance, and my car registration are due on the first week of January.
Speaker 1: So what is already a final timing? So bad?
Speaker 3: It's already such a financially stressful time because it's like Christmas and you know, you kind of spend up around the summer season, right, and I am a good little saber like, so it's not like it's not like the money's not there.
Speaker 1: It's not like I'm gonna have to you know, beg, borrow and steal.
Speaker 3: But I think just every time it comes around, I have that same feeling of like, when are you going to start learning to prep better?
Speaker 1: Maybe that can be my news resolution. I mean, does anyone ever follow through?
Speaker 2: By midnext year you realize you haven't done it, and then that'll be perfect.
Speaker 1: What is your sweet for the week? My sweet for the week.
Speaker 3: This might sound really lame to so many people, but for the past three nights in a row, I've got over ninety five percent sleep score on my whoop and it brings me so much joy. I got nine hours of sleep last night, or right, nine hours.
Speaker 1: And two minutes. Have you seen the thing that's going viral the moment?
Speaker 2: The Project did a post on it, and it was from a sleep expert who showed a picture of what the human body looks like if you consistently have less than six hours sleep for twenty years.
Speaker 1: It ain't good. It ain't good. It ain't good.
Speaker 3: And from all of my research into sleep, which is actually quite extensive, I'll have you know that if you're a woman, you need an extra hour of sleep to what your male counterparts do, especially when you MENTIONR eight is it actually true?
Speaker 1: I saw that post as well your extensive research. You saw a couple of Instagram posts.
Speaker 3: No, I have listened to a lot of podcasts from actual sleep experts, and I will say I feel fucking great.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was really stressed last week because we had a lot of work to do. We had a lot of like before.
Speaker 1: Britt went over to Romania, and I was not sleeping.
Speaker 3: Very well because we were all quite stressed and we were all kind of crawling to the finish line.
Speaker 1: And now that.
Speaker 3: She's gone, love you, Britt, But I've been back to sleeping like an absolute log and it's been fantastic.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Well, my suck on the flip side is that I was up at four twenty this morning to get a plane to come here to do our recording.
Speaker 3: Was that really me to brag about getting nine hours of sleep when you've had like three.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's aspirational, if anything. I look at that and I'm like, wow, one day, one day, that would be nice.
Speaker 1: To look as fresh.
Speaker 3: You can come sleep at my house and I'll go it up and do the midnight like.
Speaker 1: Cuddles with Lola. Were you also fuck my husband? Definitely not so mud It would be like what are you doing out fucking ros No.
Speaker 2: But look, if I'm gonna be honest, My actual suck this past week was that we had our last episode with Mitch, which was so I mean, it was beautiful, but it was really sad. You guys are very across all of that, so I don't want to go into it too much again, but that was definitely the low light. The highlight of the week, however, was that we went and we did the Carols in Surface Paradise And this was my second year, Matt's third year, and honestly, it's just I'm not being paid to say this.
Speaker 1: It is the most special thing.
Speaker 2: And like the girls come out on stage and sing little Song and Lola, so the girls got to come out out onto the stage. There is literally like twenty thousand people. It is crazy. I'm sure it's not twenty thousand, but it is like if I looked at the Life on Cut live shows, which was two and a half thousand, it would have been six or seven times that.
Speaker 1: It is insane. How many people are there.
Speaker 2: The beach for as far as you can see, is just back to back people and the girls are on stage and we were singing we Wish you were Merry Christmas with the actual singers because neither matter myself can sing.
Speaker 1: And Lola took the microphone from me and she's like, wish you were merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: We wish give a little rat rendition, dead pan, really serious, just yelling it, we wish you were merry Christmas. And she just had so much bravery and I wasn't expecting it from her. I was expecting it from Marley, but Marley was super shy, she didn't want the microphone nearer, and Lola she fucking stepped.
Speaker 1: Up to the plate. But what a cool memory. It's so cool.
Speaker 3: I was actually just thinking about the Pink show that I went to this year and her daughter comes out and sings a song.
Speaker 1: She's actually a really really beautiful singer as well. She sings that Sunshine song.
Speaker 3: She actually sings it on the record as well, and it was so beautiful to see this, like mom daughter, so cool kind of jewet situation. I was just thinking about you singing with the girls on the.
Speaker 1: Identical.
Speaker 2: You'd never know the difference anyway, guys, that is it from us. Britt and I will be back on Thursday's episode for ask Gun Cut and if you want to join in the discussion group life and Cut discussion group.
Speaker 1: If you want to send your questions in for Ask gun Cut, send them on in. It might be getting answered by Matt.
Speaker 3: And Laura or Ben and Britt the summer, and that is it from us. Gut, tell your mum, tell your dad, tell you, don't tell your friends, and share the love because we love love