Speaker 1: Abby off this morning. Bethany Grace in the Gabby seat feels like minus two right now, we'll get to seven and Tom Wright from the Brumbies in before Friday Nights game tomorrow night taking on the Crusaders at Geo Stadium. Gee, it'll be a home ground advantage, but it gets this fresh tomorrow night. The Crusaders will struggle with this weather, will they?
Speaker 2: I reckon They're the one opposition where they're probably on the level playing field.
Speaker 3: So the class Church is a little bit fresh to right.
Speaker 1: So the Kiwi's a battle hardened when it comes to the cold.
Speaker 2: I suppose, yeah, without talking them up too much, but yeah, they're used to this.
Speaker 3: A little bit of brisk weather in the morning.
Speaker 4: I think, do you know in Rocky then there's that there's the movie I think it's number four and he goes to Russia and he has to train like in the cold. No, yes, no, It's like that's what the other teams need to do when they go to Canberra to be able to face up against the.
Speaker 1: Brother If you were to continue that comparison, I suppose if they're the Rocky coming here, where the Ivandrago So we're still have you seen Rocky.
Speaker 3: I have, but I also know how that movie finishes.
Speaker 1: We don't want to be We.
Speaker 3: Want a bit of good guy.
Speaker 5: Yeahs bad his villain.
Speaker 1: You're parking, I mean we shook hands before and your hands it's ice cold. Your car's outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I humbly park outside.
Speaker 2: Make the missus text the double garage and it's just a big single.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, basically.
Speaker 1: We talk about this and we've had trade's call in and no one can refute it a double garage in twenty twenty five, or really any that's been built in twenty whatever, it's there's no double about it. I mean we need to add an extra meter to the side of one of those things to be able to get two cars in and open a door.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like a match. It's basically just a King single.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a little bit of the room, open the door, put the groceries down, or it's park really close and doing one of the doors.
Speaker 3: And it's just a nightmare.
Speaker 5: I mean, as a real estate agent that works at.
Speaker 4: Ray White, if you don't you know what your home is worth, can we give you a chip?
Speaker 1: You can find Betho ray White. You can google her. But if you want to move more houses, start getting these these developers to add a meter onto the garage floor. That's a selling point, mate. People have moved to those houses.
Speaker 5: That's actually an actual double garage, a.
Speaker 1: Real double garage. I saw a photo of you with Indy, your beautiful little girl, out on the park before the game a couple of weeks ago. Is that right?
Speaker 2: I would have been post game after the game. Yeah, havev a little run around. She She's got all of about forty five to a minute of running around, and she's like, all right, I want to go home. She's seen dad, and then she hits a waltz about ten ten o'clock at that point, so she's had enough.
Speaker 1: It's a privilege for the kids of the players to actually come on the park. It's what we would all love to do, is a kid. By the way, this is again a long time ago.
Speaker 5: I don't know, back in the seventeen hundred, it's not that long ago.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you do you remember, do you remember when you were little, were you able to jump the fence and actually go and listen to the coach speaking to the team at a break in play like a well, if it was AFL, it was quarter time.
Speaker 1: Did you ever so much?
Speaker 2: I do have really vivid memories of playing at halftime and stuff like that. When I was like a junior, let's say under six is to under teams, they'd get us on at half time and play or even pre match before the teams were warm up, and that was always like, you know, gold medal. That was the best thing ever. And then you'd stay and have hot chips and pie and you know, do all the rest for the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the game. But our game was more important than the main game. Yeah, better in our career.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's a massive you when you're a kid, but particularly when you get to when you see the size of the players. When you're little and you get to see your heroes out there, it's a big deal. You go out to school, visit and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we definitely get out as much as we can.
Speaker 2: The schedules now, you know, we try and line up as much as we can with the schools on like lunch breaks and stuff. We do a little bit of training it like we go to maris or eddies, try and connect a little bit there. But yeah, some of the interactions we get with kids that end up coming to the games and they say, oh, do you remember seeing me.
Speaker 3: At school and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I definitely little Joe or Eddie from so and so.
Speaker 3: So there is cool little connections there.
Speaker 2: To see a little bright spark on some kid's face, you better believe it.
Speaker 4: We earlier were talking about the State of Origin and one of the players were saying that their breakfast, what was it was?
Speaker 1: Did you see that breakfast? Who was that? Brian to I've got here about that breakfast you had on game day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that. He runs a pretty unique.
Speaker 1: One two bacon and egg burgers, six cans of coca, bowl of hot chips, and the caramel late. Now that's sloshing around as some big fellows running toward me at the start of Game one. State of Origin. I don't think it's going to stay down very long. What's your preparation on game day when you wake up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fairly routine, but there's no Coke zero involved, caramel latte or anything like that. But I'm pretty basic. In a few pieces of toast, and then at lunchtime, spaghetti and half an avocado and then.
Speaker 1: So car bloading before the game. Still, I mean that's a classic. You do that part through that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, read just by the book mate, nothing nothing crazy. I am pretty diligent that I don't like to skew off too far to be fair, but the service station, well, to be fair, it works for him players on the field every time he takes parts.
Speaker 1: Game one out of one. That's true.
Speaker 4: I'm sure there's that person the team though, that does it? Like, who is the person in your team who is just notorious for a servo breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Speaker 2: He'll hate me for saying it. He actually runs out for a captain. He's a little bit of a and you can probably tell boy his physique if you saw him. But he's pretty loose with his diet. I won't say what he has because I don't want to let go.
Speaker 1: But it works.
Speaker 3: But it works for him.
Speaker 2: He's on good money, he's the captain of the team. He runs out for gets all the luxuries. Park's really close to the ground.
Speaker 1: He will absolutely kill it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's also got to buy lunch today because he lost the bet. So that's and so I'm pretty hungry for lunch. Obviously, you can imagine, how do.
Speaker 1: You go on when you come back after for an off season, and do you do they still do skin folds?
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: We actually just had them the other day. So a few of the boys were pretty safe. A couple of the guys crept up a little bit, which is a nice reminder that, you know, a little bit more green on the plate, a little bit less.
Speaker 3: Pot for some of them.
Speaker 1: It's a famous story and we're bouncing around codes here, but Jonathan Thurston would turn up, much to the chagrin of some of the other some of the bigger boys after an off season who were nervous going to skinfold, and he would famously walk in eating a burger as he was getting the skin fold test. He's just he's had a crazy metabolism. He's a lean guy. How you travel all right, you don't.
Speaker 3: I'm okay, I don't skew off too far.
Speaker 2: I've got a pretty good nutritionists at home that keeps me, keeps a lid on.
Speaker 1: Doesn't give you the park in the garage, the.
Speaker 3: Good dinner and the nice very good. But a few of the boys.
Speaker 1: Easy trap.
Speaker 5: Imagine if they had that radio right, get kicked.
Speaker 1: I tell you to be a lot of dead air. I can tell you that right now. I'm speaking on behalf of me. Okay, the Crusaders. It's Friday night, it's GOEO Stadium home finals, or at stay here and look at top Spot all of a sudden just looks a little bit tricky. I can't remember the combination of games, but I think Top's playing bottom, so I think that's a lock. But we can move into second place here, and that makes a big difference when it comes to actually playing finals in camera, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, awesome opportunity for us.
Speaker 2: I think the game that could open a window for us to go first is just prior to us. So how much notice of that will take, it's pretty much up to us. So we'll probably just block that out. We probably won't actually see the end of that game, so go about business usual. But yeah, you know, in three weeks time, if we're sort of looking forward to that opportunity to play at home, this is a massive game for us.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow evening, good, good, excellent, So much going on at GOO two. You're going to go out to the Matilda's on Monday night.
Speaker 2: Monday is the night before DKA, so I could be under the pump there. But at the point that does actually interest me to a few of the lads, we're talking about trying to get out of that just because it's obviously our host of stars playing. So if we can get some tickets that may be a little little convoy obviously head.
Speaker 1: Out, yep, yep, you know you've got to pass.
Speaker 2: You can just yeah, well do those ones were from the Brumbies and the Matilda's security will be like, who's the Brumbies?
Speaker 1: You might not let us in, No chance, no chance. We'll see you tonight tomorrow night at Goo Stadium, teaking meek at the Matilda's and Liverpool goalkeeper joining us in an hour as well as we count down to that Monday night game. But Friday night footy is what we're excited about. Good luck out there, mate, and I mean just getting to the car without freezing again and then tomorrow night playing against the Crusaders. Go the Brahms.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, appreciate it.