Speaker 1: Hey, legends, welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Big episode today. We've got your footy questions that we have answered, and we have one of them that's come through of what not to bring on your first date. That is an interesting conversation we're about to have. Also, it's gathered around this week for AFL. We talked about the preview of all the big games over the weekend and yes, Guinea is going up against this old club calling what Hawthorne versus calling. We will break that down and what's going to happen. There's a lot in this episode, so settle in. We're starting now. All right, let's get into it. Let's gather around. Let's gather around for this round of preview of games. Brandon welcome, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Mace A massive gather round to you too, and it's the first time you've been actually involved on the field. Don't want to jinx it. Knock on one for gather around. You excited to head over to Adelaide.
Speaker 1: I am Adelaide's a beautiful place, beautiful part of the world, and I think it's a cool initiative by the AFL to be able to showcase one city or one area. You know, with all of the AFL teams going there, there'll be a lot of tourism stuff that the AFL will do with them and all that kind of things. There's a lot of pop ups they do around the Adelaide Oval and just really kind of get around it. And you see, I will say this. I was talking to someone from Adelaide the other day and they said, it's really cool to see so many people who support all kinds of different teams show up with their jumpers and go to all the different games. So even if it's like a North Melbourne game, where a Geelong game where is you'll see like a Richmond fan there. You might see like a Collingwood fan there, just wanting to enjoy the footy. So it is a cool little initiative the AFL has done. It was quite successful last year and I assume it will be very successful this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think it should go to somewhere like Sydney or whatever next. Already a big city.
Speaker 1: My northern territory. That's why I'm at.
Speaker 2: Drive some you know, some tourists to some of the smaller cities around Australia. Tazzy, I know you love it down there. But let's jump into the footy because we've got Adelaide Melbourne kicking things off at Adelaide Oval. Yeah, and boy oh boy, doesn't Adelaide need to win Melbourne staying over there? They go the back to back in Adelaide. How do you see this one playing out?
Speaker 1: It'd be tough to pick Adelaide over Melbourne. At the moment, Melbourne playing pretty high. They had Stephen May. We had the question marks around whether or not they'd be able to fill that role. This week they did it against a really good opposition Port Adelaide, so they're able to stand up against quality side. So I've got Adelaide unfortunately losing this and going down again and they will be winless still at the end of this round.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you want Adelaide in Adelaide for gather around or if you want a random team.
Speaker 1: But do you think they get like a bit of like exciting things like everyone's come to us.
Speaker 2: Home game if it's your home game. Do you lose a home game being in Adelaide? You just have to give it up to Adelaide. I don't know how it works. I'm not on the inner sanctum of the AFL house. But I will say that I do have Melbourne convincingly been in Adelaide. I've been wrong about pretty much everything so far this we can this year, So I don't know. They've got to just score a bit more than thirty, get out of those thirties, like we said on the last episode, get to forties, fifties, and you might be getting it done. I don't I could be wrong also on this, but I don't feel like May should come back in with his busted rear and vertebrae. You don't want to have damaged vertebrae going in. Let's move over to Brisbane North. Blockbuster at Norwood Oval. You would have been out there a few times.
Speaker 1: Norwood, Yeah, big fan of Norwood playing trade.
Speaker 2: I'd love to get out there. Unfortunately, stuck here in Melbourne. But Brisbane North both teams needing a win. Yeah, Brisbane, you know, I don't know if you know this.
Speaker 1: Brisbane. I think a bit more of the North of them.
Speaker 2: But they were in the Grand Final last year and now they're winless coming into this season. All the heat on them been there, not that much heat on North at the moment. Just everyone expects them to be down that bottom end of the ladder. So who you got getting the win in this game?
Speaker 1: I've got Brisbane winning their first game, getting a bit of positiv in the clubs some It's been an interesting week for them over there at Brisbane, but I can't go against them again versus or sorry versus North Melbourne. I know we're fans of the Ruse at this podcast, but it's going to be tough to be able to pick North over Brisbane at a neutral ground. It's I think they they'll easily get to win there and North unfortunately will not have a win on the board and Brisbane will at the end of this game.
Speaker 2: I think big group of Brisbane players going over there, getting on the plane away trip, the boys solidify that nothing wrong could go there. Port v essenon Adelaide Oval, big matchup we get to, we say in the real deal every single week. We yet to figure it out. But good signs last week got the win in the end. But will they get the win against Port Adelaide in Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 1: See if they win this game, you know what's gonna happen. They're gonna be like Esston this is our year. We're finally breaking the drought. We're gonna do it. That's gonna be every headline out there in the media if they beat Port at home at Adelaide. But for me, I think Port probably gets up for this one. I think they'll have a massive amount of fans obviously there with the big experience of gathered around. They have pretty much a sell out there that all let Oval and it'd be tough for us then to go into opposition territory and get a w.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm going to say Port just because I was. I thought Port was, you know, top four team going into last week when they shipped the bed against Melbourne. I couldn't get the win with no Stephen May in the side. But it'll be a good one to see. Hopefully Essendon can really give it to them. Yeah, but we move over to West Coast Sydney. Now this is a back to an five six blockbuster that old rivals out of Mount Barker, Oval Mount Mount Barker in the Adelaide Hills, So Sydney.
Speaker 1: A few nights out in the Barosa.
Speaker 2: I would bike out there once saw a snake on the path and I was like, I didn't didn't fear nothing. You just wanted to give it the one left right, Good nights Snake. But West Coast, no good.
Speaker 1: Give us, give us something we can like strive for with West Coast in this game.
Speaker 2: And no, Harley Reed, I'm not allowed to say, Harley Reed.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say they kick into the forties or above points. Yeah, that's that's a win. That's for West Coast.
Speaker 2: That's a big win. If they can score over thirty nine points.
Speaker 1: You know it's I don't like direction. You're better than last week. You're moving into better fields and better pastures. That's yeah.
Speaker 2: They need they need some more forwards. They need some more players to kick it into the forwards, and then they need some more defenders to stuff the opposition forwards. So if they could just improve those three lines, like through, what else.
Speaker 1: Is there is there? The bench? You need to improve the bench and how it's.
Speaker 2: Right as the coach. But we're not talking about him because we love.
Speaker 1: We love him given trash circumstance.
Speaker 2: But out there at Mount Barker, when you finish your game, you reckon your cruise out Mount Barker watched this one. It's not your game. Hasn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, I think the best chance I think for West Coast to winn is probably to draft someone named Jo Sorry cosh Ginity And if you never heard of him, he's a pretty good player Forred out of West Coast. He's had a bit of experience over there. I think he might be able to kick ten for him and get him on the board.
Speaker 2: I reckon the best chance they have of winning this game is if Sydney I don't know where to go and they get lost on the way to Mount Barker or.
Speaker 1: Break down of the bus.
Speaker 2: Maybe as one's bus, let's move over to Frio. Carlton, adelaide over adelaide O will get a real workout. Undefeated teams going at it, obviously, Carlton, I feel like we know kind of where they're at. They were good last year. They got the good lists, We got the big forwards that are kicking the big goals. Now Freo not as sure now this is we get.
Speaker 1: A good kid saying this they've won three Yeah, wet, What point do you turn the corner and say Freo is a good.
Speaker 2: Team when they beat good teams?
Speaker 1: So if they win this week, here you go, free I might be in the Type A this year.
Speaker 2: So if Freo, you know, they beat like North West Coast and like the VFL boys like there, you obviously can't tell if they're good or that, but you know, if they come out and they beat Carlton and Adelaide Oval, still a weird ass game saying that Freo Carlton at Adelaide Oval, they're good. They're good. They're undeniably good if they if they have a good showing against Carlton, they're still good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So you're saying Carleton is of the best teams in the leagues that we're getting on four carl Okay.
Speaker 2: That's probably comfortably top four. Who's your top four right now? You can't.
Speaker 1: We got number one's West Coast, Gold Coast number one.
Speaker 2: My seedings would be GWS.
Speaker 1: I reckon, Yeah, of course that's your team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then maybe Carlton.
Speaker 1: Yeah what Carleton top four?
Speaker 2: Then Sydney and Port had some question marks over the weekend. Melbourne maybe Melbourne's third.
Speaker 1: I will say that, and people keep say it's very even louder. Yeah, I know, it's like you have to shake out and everything else. Just earlier in the season.
Speaker 2: Have you seen any Hawthorn, West Coast or North games this year? Not so great. But I've got Carlton winning this one. Actually yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Think I could just be upset alone for you.
Speaker 2: It could be we go Freo could get it done. They seem to just.
Speaker 1: If Luke Jackson has maybe forty touches kicks three goals, they could get up for the line.
Speaker 2: They just need to get a good start, because what Frio has been doing is getting a pretty shit start and then just plowing teams getting like eights and nine goals in a row or whatever. Just start good and then you're guaranteed to win.
Speaker 1: I know if you're guarantee, but I will say I'm going to go with this one as the upset round. So you got in this one. I know that's controversial, but I'm going to say, gets up for this.
Speaker 2: I have to stick with Carlton just because, well, neither team's given me anything to get off them for. But I just think Carlton is a better team. Western Bulldogs v. Geelong Adelaide Oval. Yeah, it's that's a pretty tasty one.
Speaker 1: That is tasty, real kind of around the eight, you know, over the last few years, around that and yeah, it's gonna be a good game. I don't know. I think it's Western Bulldogs. They're good. They're very good. That big win last week. They got to they have to trial a few different things in their game plan too. Who knows if that's going to come up in this game. But I at the Western Bulldogs getting over Geelong at the Adelaide Oval. I think it is the Adelaide Oval.
Speaker 2: I think it had to have been a bond rest game last week, Like he had sixteen kick two or three or whatever up in the forward line. He's got to.
Speaker 1: I love that you're saying that's a rest game for Chuck him.
Speaker 2: Back in the middle like he was just he was just relaxing down there. But I've got I'm going to go with Geelong.
Speaker 1: We've got a few differences this week.
Speaker 2: The senior squad get out there. I don't I still don't know what I'll get from Western Bulldogs week to week. Last week they're good, which probably means this week they'll be bad. Gold Coast Suns versus GWS Mount Barker Oval.
Speaker 1: Now this is our team going, Oh, we need.
Speaker 2: Like over under what the crowd will be for this one. Because I reckon they'll show up in there drove. They're gonna have to have police out there, you know, directing traffic because they're all going out to watch the Sun's versus GWS Mount Barker Oval. This will be an absolute cracker. Who do you have?
Speaker 1: What do you mean? Who do I have? My Gold Coast science man. Yeah, you have to stick to our team. You can't just be dropping off the band. You have to say GWS every single week, and I have to say Gold Coast every week.
Speaker 2: But there are boys, I feel bad for you because GWS is obviously going to kick the ship out of it. You actually think, I feel like we need a wager on this one. Yeah, I bought your lunch this week, so he will never let me forget that either, because that's one from a thousand. Let's we'll come up with a wager for that one. And I'm happy because whatever you want, I'm happy to put it on the line because I know GWS is winning that game. Thank you very must suns.
Speaker 1: Okay, at some point during the air, if you win, I'll have to wear a g WS thing, And then if I win, then you have to wear a Gold Coast thing.
Speaker 2: You gotta, we gotta because they both have banging theme songs. We've got to sing the opposing team's theme song.
Speaker 1: Oh sing it sound from the west of the town. Yeah, that's going to be an interesting one. I don't mind that it'll be like that. What was the other rugby team over the weekend? They had the papers out to be able to sing their Western Tigers Western targets like the McDonald's out for two. Whenever you do it, Jane.
Speaker 2: Good looking?
Speaker 1: Hey, just doing bicep curlsn't.
Speaker 2: Come and beat the ship out of it.
Speaker 1: We'll go to next one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one though. Let's go over to Richmond Saint Kiloda. Nor would over back nor would be like, what's where are all these people coming from nord.
Speaker 1: In flux of tourists coming to Norwood Oval this weekend?
Speaker 2: No absolutely ignorance, no idea where Norwood is. And it's probably in the CBD.
Speaker 1: I think it's a suburb. I we should we should have done.
Speaker 2: But we love Norwood, We love everyone from the Norwood area. If if Norwood's the suburb, right, that would be your guess. Yeah, so we're going out there for Richmond Saint Kilda, Richmond obviously coming off a great win over Sydney. Tom Lynch got the minor hamstring to so he won't be out there. Who have you got against Richmond Saint Kilda.
Speaker 1: I've got Saint Kilda getting back on the winner's list over Richmond. Tough to pick. I think Tom Lynch was a massive in for them last week and played a massive game for them last week and for him to be out this week is going to be a big issue for them.
Speaker 2: So a lot less targets up there.
Speaker 1: Back to Ryan might get a call up then that's going to He's given one of the biggest falcons of the year last week in the VFL. He might be getting the little go But I think I've got Sat Kilda winning this one over Richmond and they get back on the winners list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Max King coming back for this one. I can't go past Saint Kilder. I still think they're a good team, just unfortunately fumbled the bag last week. Now we'll go into the big game. Collingwood's first Hawthorne adelaide over. That's where they put the prime time players on the Big Dog Oval, the Big Boy Oval Ginnavan. First time he will come up against the reckony players or they do one of those ones where he gets managed and missed week. Yeah, hit him with the tag. He had a big week last week.
Speaker 1: Just break bad straight to Guindy, have a day.
Speaker 2: How do you welcome Guinea in the game against Hawks?
Speaker 1: Ah? Yes, say high to him before the game. That's that's about it. That's about it.
Speaker 2: What do you so you come up against Jack Ginnovan first time? Is he going to be duck and trying to get a high free kick? And what happens if he gets one of the Collingwood boy is going to go we know this play, we.
Speaker 1: Know fans, I'm not. It's like, you know, he's essentially got the villion of those for us and ever he played. Now it's because it's against him.
Speaker 2: Even now, you go, we had we had a good run.
Speaker 1: It was good fun, but it lasted. No. I think I'll have one high free kick from me on Guinea over the weekend, just to stir the part of it.
Speaker 2: You got to tackle, you get to tackle.
Speaker 1: It's a win win, that's it. That's it. But yeah, now I've got obviously pick us over Hawthorne obviously, But who do you have on this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, clearly Collingwood Hawthorne aren't very good, but it'll be interesting to see how Jack Inovan goes. A lot of good small defenders on Collingwood's team, so I feel like, hopefully he gets clamped down, but at the same time I want to see something from him. I love watching Guinea go out there, and he'll be wearing the long sleeves, no doubt. Hopefully you know it doesn't see him out there and he doesn't over but yeah, it'll be cool to see Guinea get a goal and see what the reaction is. But I feel like Collingwood needs to be winning this game. It can't be one of that. You can't lose this game and expect to do any this year. So go over there, get the dub, have your break, and then you're back for ans Act Day. That's big run, now, big big run.
Speaker 1: I think we played port Islaide before ans Ac Day to that no one cares.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one cares about that game, but that's the weekend's footy. So are you excited to head on over there?
Speaker 1: Man? I think gather Roun's going to be good fun. I think we've got a little appearance with the community there for a day, so we'll kind of get back to community while we're there, which would be good fun. It's just nice to see all the different teams on one place, you know. I think it's going to be cool, great initiative for Adelaide to be able to get tourism into there and be able to show their beautiful city, the city of churches. As they say, duck in, you just burst into flames Catholic Brad, Hey, so am I I've been baptized.
Speaker 2: Look at me though, classical classic example. I haven't swung in into a fair bit as you go, check up. I got a lot.
Speaker 1: Of confession at that pew for a few hours. Let's get into one of our favorite parts of the fan questions. We put them out before we record the podcast, and you a lot put them. Actually, do we want to touch on this? There was something really cool over the weekend. I do want to maybe make mention.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there was given what Arlington Football Club.
Speaker 1: Let's get around an AFL community.
Speaker 3: Why they end a sixty eight game sixty eight sixty eight game losing streak with their first senior victory since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: That is awesome? What an accomplishment yes, after what is that five years of not winning a game, I'd probably forget my club song.
Speaker 2: Also, think about everything you've done since twenty eighteen to now.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's happened, and that whole spad.
Speaker 2: The whole thing. You guys went from grand final, dropped out, new coach, backup grand final winners and they've won one game.
Speaker 1: Shout out, shout for Arlington. We got back, we entered back PA PAFC. We're all about them, We're all about and hopefully getting another dub this weekend.
Speaker 2: Congrats. Let's jump over to the footy questions now, This one in from Joseph DP twenty seven. Has anyone ever farted while playing footy? Oh my gosh, may of course it has to happen. It happens all the time, you know everyone that's played footy. Like the biggest, yeah, thing that gets used before football game is a toilet.
Speaker 1: That thing is a revolving door. We all know that this.
Speaker 2: Players live on a mixture of you know, powerade, protein shakes like fruit like that's that all just ferments in there and you got to get it out before you run out there. Because accidents happened, don't they? Ben Keys didn't we see them.
Speaker 1: They calm down, don't be doing that. I don't be doing that bad, don't be doing that. Let's move on.
Speaker 2: It was a funny one. I remember Bucks was still the coach. Yeah, and there was like the big start, like there was all this controversy came out about, like it was a big news story. I think Collingwood is playing West Coast or something, and they wanted to get vision from in the rooms to like fuel this news story. They're slowly zooming in and then the boys start like laughing and they're like, you know, they kind of write like their own story. Why the players are laughing such a serious like moment. Oh, it's good to see they're having to laugh while the news are swirling around them. And it turns out I think it was Alex Fasolo dropped these guts in the whole group, and like Bucks is trying to go through his whole thing, going like, boys, we need to just forget the controversy. And then he's like, what is that smell? And all the boys start laughing, but obviously there's no audio to it, so everyone's creating their own stories. It's just one of the boys dropped their guts before they rolled out, and.
Speaker 1: It happens all the time in the NBA. You see on the bench, you just see mass exodus people from the bench. You just know what's happening. It's very obvious, but it does happen on the football field. We'll go to the next question. Brady wanted what do you have for.
Speaker 2: Caitlyn Dent to know what or who is your best rock opponent?
Speaker 1: Oh? Man best, the best person I've probably ever played against. Nick nat Tanui. He was an absolute freak. He's one of the only people I think that I'm going into a cinerbat's going I'm probably gonna lose this one. Yeah, he just was a freak athlete. He could tackle hard and he was just a solid built man.
Speaker 2: I don't know if get that many kilos off the ground like it was so impressive. The only way you could do it is like fast twitch muscle fibers and force, because he must have just been a strong blow.
Speaker 1: I remember one of the first games I played against him four fifty. Worst thing that can happen as a ruckman happened against in the Sorry what was it Sydney versus Geelong Grand Final or Tom Hickey twice they had. I think it was Tomahawk pulled it out of the ruck snapped a goal as a ruckman. That's one of the most embarrassing things that can happen. Nick that knew one of the first time I ever played, and I'll never forget it. I was under the bar, just smashed me under it snapped one from like forty and it's just like the whole thing of walking back to the huddle and all the mids are looking at you like we didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you try to stop.
Speaker 1: He just kind of raise the head like, yeah, my bad, mate, it's on me. Yeah, it's on me. He embarrassed me very early in my career and continued to embarrass me throughout my career as many other people. But he's probably the best rock opponent overplayed against.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure he would have embarrassed a lot of people in his time. This one from Mason Cox's lover. Is that relative or is that your burner account? Mason Cox hater, what tips do you have for female beginners in the sport?
Speaker 1: Ah tips for female beginners anyone? Really? Any beginners? I want, you know, only say female. I think just focusing on the simple things right. If you can get the simple things right, then you can start figuring out what your strengths are in the game and be able to focus on those. But yeah, simple things. Just getting to be able to kick right, contact of the ball, important, to handball correctly left and right. Little things like that. I think you're the best thing to give advice to people to focus on and don't don't get caught up in around the corner kicking and all this fancy stuff. Just do the little things right in the basics, right. That is my advice to your burner account.
Speaker 2: That's just that's just rock training. One I want, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Let them do the rest. That's my thing.
Speaker 2: This one from Zach Matthews, who's hit you and you were surprised how much it hurt.
Speaker 1: God, I've heard I've had a few broken ribs from from defenders hit me over the years. Also, there's like it was Zan Cordy maybe from the Bulldogs, broke a rib whenever I wasn't looking hit me off ball. There's been a few those that have happened. I did have the spleen last year. We've we've touched on that plenty of times. But yeah, in the contest, in the contest walking around there, it's usually away from the ball. Yeah, it's usually away from the ball. Over the weekend, I got one of those, you know, we talked about it. We've talked about a few times on the podcast. I think someone got fined for it where someone open hand tried to hit me in the shoulder and got me on the chin. So those happen quite a because you're not really you expect to get hit kind of as a ruckman going back by a few small fellows along the line, right, unless your max go on then now on process. But yeah, you expect to get hit by a few kind of guys. And that's that's never fun. Whenever a small guy's got that leverage on you, he gets onto the kidney and everything else.
Speaker 2: He's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's punching up, you know, while I'm trying to punch down on.
Speaker 2: But that's something that you should do often. Let's jump into the general questions now, these are a bit more about life and you know everything basic. Best way to recover from a big game or a big night out.
Speaker 1: How'd you like hw'd you light one on one? You know those bottles not not the satchels, the bottles, smoke a whole thing was just straight down. Just oh man, that's the best way. And then it takes a few hours kind of start getting a bit of sugar and electrolytes everything else back in. You even better if you're smart. You do it before you go out. You hydrate before you go out. Now you're gonna have few drinks. Used to do that college best thing, gut me through some of the toughest nights.
Speaker 2: Most of us don't do that, though, but it would be very responsible. Drink in between. What they always say, drink water in between. Don't drink more beers, because sometimes I get caught up in that. You drink beers and then you drink beers in between. Doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Let me take a break shot at the heel.
Speaker 2: It's got to be water. It has to be water, otherwise it doesn't work. But hydraul it's a good one. Aspiring aspirin, I feel like it gets to the brain quicker. Just drop a couple of aspirins. Zach Matthews, that's your way. No, that was jp with that one. We've got Caitlin Bullmer, When are you going to take Mason to a chucken. Now, I assume this is a question from.
Speaker 1: Me to you.
Speaker 2: You've been everywhere else. Have you ever been to a.
Speaker 1: Chicken I've driven through it. I've been there. Everyone drives through a Chugen, but I've I've seen some friends ski out there. It's very dangerous up there on the river.
Speaker 2: Absolutely so. Eighty someone dies every year still happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me the highlight of your checker. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if I was going to plan a day for us down there, or you steamboat your paddle steamer ride, but you don't want to do it first, it's got to be middle of the day. Your rock up, you get a nice breakfast down in the port, You go for a stroll.
Speaker 1: Through any cafe you're going to shout out here.
Speaker 2: They're all good, no good, they're all good. Your cruise through the port area, you have a look. You might get a little horse ride around. You soak up some of the history. Obviously, you grab your paddle steamer ride. You go out there. You learn some more about the river and the waterways, the great waterways that you know. Go into the country regions and you get all your vegetables and all delicious stuff. Don't drink the water and then don't.
Speaker 1: Drink the water, but we're going to feed that water to everything you eat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we have the most pubs per capita out of pretty much anywhere in We can just go to town after that, obviously out of football season.
Speaker 1: But do you go on a pub crawl out there in the Sugar You do? But yeah, are you limited about three.
Speaker 2: Harrow spends every other week end of the.
Speaker 1: It is the whole local app Yeah, putting your hand in your face, we understand.
Speaker 2: What do we got any plans for the gather around weekend? So you get some time? Do you or do you have the first port or did you buy after first port?
Speaker 1: After I think I want to say, I'm not sure. I think it's in Melbourne though, so it's at the m Study. I want to say, Yeah, we'll go over there. We've got a little bit I think of an oz kick clinic or something giving back to the community, so we'll have a little bit extra time there gather around. I'm sure at some point I'll kind of walk around, maybe not while the games are.
Speaker 2: On, but what's that go down run the more?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know what that is, but yeah, I might do that. You don't know what random maintains the main strip. Yeah, yeah, I'll go through that. Yeah, and I'll go down to the Adelaide Oval and see kind of the setup and stuff. Want to you know, I didn't experience gather around last year and be kind of cool to see exactly that pop ups and what's all going on and all that, and yeah, it'd be neat. I think it's such a good initiative. We've we've said it before, so it'd be cool to kind of see the you know, what's happening there and how much the atmosphere is going on all diferent people their footballjumpers on.
Speaker 2: Do you remember last time you played at Adelaide Oval?
Speaker 1: Port Adelaide raining day played like shit got dropped next.
Speaker 2: Week that's where Taylor Adams need. Was it justin west off in the head and got like a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Weeks maybe and it was hit like a game winner again in the corner?
Speaker 2: Oh no, a different game because I was thinking I think it was Dance One's two fiftieth and anyway, they went fifty.
Speaker 1: I think that was the last time I played an Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, how often they would have to travel anyway?
Speaker 1: Nine years ago, which traveled in Marvel Stadium three times a year.
Speaker 2: I want to get your thoughts on this one from Rosemary and Duffy. What are your thoughts on Turkish delights?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a weird one, probably not my first.
Speaker 2: What about there's two though. There's like the Cadbury one, it's like the chocolate with the jelly in it. Yeah, and then there's like real Turkish delights.
Speaker 1: Now, I'd be more of a fan of Cadbury one now. The other one is a bit of a wouldn't be my first choice as far as it deserve.
Speaker 2: It's like a cube covered in Yeah that's It's like.
Speaker 1: A weird powdered sugar cube of caramelish taste. Yeah, is that right? That's am I thinking of? Yeah, probably not my first thing, but if I was out like a Greek restaurant, I'd probably have some. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I weirdly like Turkish delights, the Cadbury one.
Speaker 1: The what's your what's your category? Block of choice?
Speaker 2: I'm a dream guy. I like right chocolate actually, Cara milk.
Speaker 1: I'm like full addicted.
Speaker 2: I need to stop real bad, real bad.
Speaker 1: Can you can you get through? Like not eat the whole.
Speaker 2: Block, a whole block over two days.
Speaker 1: You're better than I am. The next question is this is where you just shine and you just shine right like a diamond.
Speaker 2: I'm part of this, the biggest, the Melbourne's most eligible batcher on that list, the old fella talk about your old on this blog. Jason Dunstall, who was making the list, let's get into it. What's the one thing you should never bring on a date? Apart from your parents?
Speaker 1: Geez, your parents would definitely be up. There is the first thing I would say don't bring. Maybe your ex boyfriend or girlfriend. There was the worst thing to a date?
Speaker 2: What about like what about a backpack?
Speaker 1: A backpack? That's a really interesting.
Speaker 2: It's very unattractive to just be a guy wearing a backpack. I feel like that's an.
Speaker 1: Ex straightaway coffee day, it's in the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: Clearly tell that he's a backpack guy. And then secondly they'll be like, what's in the backpack? You're staying over? You think you're staying over.
Speaker 1: Tooth thrush, tooth face, you know the other for the morning with lunch boy. I have an impeccable skincare Routinea. I use every.
Speaker 2: I feel like a backpack is a weird one.
Speaker 1: Your dog, No, that's a dog's fine. That's that's you go for a first state for a dog walk. Man, Yeah, that's some time.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't take a girl to meet my dog first date. Not because he's special or anything. He just annoy the shit out of us.
Speaker 1: But yeah, maybe, yeah, that's it. I can't think of anything else. Apparently parents number one yo yo? Yeah maybe with the spin tops you know the draidle tops.
Speaker 2: Remember that Yoho diablos yo, the two sticks with the string and you're like.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, I don't even know what they're called.
Speaker 2: What about like a digimon with like tamagotchi, and every fifteen minutes on your first date, you've got to be like, hang on, I just got to make sure I feed my tamagotchi and you just go over.
Speaker 1: I feel like this is personal experience.
Speaker 2: You can't let your tamagatti die. It shows responsibility and that you're an adult because you keep things alive. That's my selling point. What how I sat on.
Speaker 1: Your hinge profile? I feel like it is my tomagotchi is still alive after twenty years of feed again.
Speaker 2: Pretty good time of got She's like, kill me, kill me.
Speaker 1: I was supposed to run out of battery by then.
Speaker 2: How expensive would you be willing to go on a date?
Speaker 1: What's the average money you had spend on a date? Nice, nice meal, couple of drinks. I'm saying you're probably looking at two hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think two hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Now I've got to ask this question because I've had a friend recently. He's been on five dates with a woman, all dinner dates, and she has never offered to pay for any of it, or even like split the bill. This man has dropped one thousand dollars on a woman who they haven't really kind of got past the getting to know your stage.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like, essentially he's done the same date five times, and he's spent that kind of money on overtime. At what point do you think it's appropriate maybe for something to offer, you know.
Speaker 2: I think you're got to look after yourself and stop going on dinner dates, maybe shake it up a bit, change it over. And I feel like, ah, you can.
Speaker 1: See the thousand dollar mark, and you're like, that's all a lot of.
Speaker 2: Cash, five dinner dates, a lot of cash.
Speaker 1: For someone you are still getting the now.
Speaker 2: Five dinner dates to not move past into any other stage. There's a lot of dinner dates. I feel like she's gone. This guy is not a winner, and I just want for five free food.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of dinner dates. He's a good fellows, very handy.
Speaker 2: That's why I feel like it's very important to go like a low key opener date. And then the next date is when you're ramping up. You're trying to really.
Speaker 1: Like see your coffee date, first dinner date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coffee or like a drink you can get in and get out. Like I could not do a dinner date first date because if you sit down, you're like, yeah, let's get the entree and the main and let's go. And then they're just an absolute drainer and you have to sit there and wait for each meal to come out and sit through and eat the whole thing, and the whole time you're like, I want to get out of here. But a drink you can go, oh yeah, one drink. Actually i'm driving. I drove here. I got to get out of here.
Speaker 1: See you, Yeah, I will say. My favorite thing to do and go out for dinner is to watch other people on the first date. Yeah. Oh, it's the greatest. It's the greatest, all the little things of like the you know, the signals and stuff they put out that maybe the one other person doesn't see, and like that, oh that the first touching of each other, you know, and being like, oh I'm flirting with you. Oh no, I love that. I could just do that all day. I think it's the greatest thing to do. I will sit down at a pub on the corner or even sometimes I'll do this. Actually I'll sit down. I want to say where it is, but I will sit down. There's a bar and my favorite pizza joint in where I live, and I will sit down and watch just people around me on first dates and stuff and just really dissect it. It's one of my most entertaining and favorite things to do.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say you start peering through their lound room window the way that you were getting you're getting a bit too excited, the way that you're talking about this.
Speaker 1: Luckily for me, i'm actually above the fence line.
Speaker 2: You're single, and you're like, I like just watching other people, so good. Yeah, I'm not going to say the same.
Speaker 1: Let's move on the next thing.
Speaker 2: Expected probably couple hundred bucks, couple hundred bucks, and well it's just that's like four or five drinks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first five drinks, good food, good time, all.
Speaker 2: Right, moving into this one, and I believe it would be quite hard. But have you ever dated someone taller than you? So we're talking to.
Speaker 1: Eight foot so i'd have to be like, what ten twelve years old before the monstrosity that I am. No, I've never dated. Someone told me I did chat too girl that was six foot six. Once six foot six. She wore heels and was eye level with me. That was a weird feeling, I must say, very interesting feeling. She's an absolutely legendar. I still friends with it today.
Speaker 2: It's not Yeah, it's not as hard for me someone that's kind of around the five to ten mark.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, short Kings.
Speaker 2: Do you think don't call me short King? That's you just that's not fair. Out of five ten, it's not a short personality. Six short king five, six.
Speaker 1: Short Kings eight. What happens if your girlfriend's like six foot two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't make you any shorter. You're still the same ard. She's just huge.
Speaker 1: I saw I saw a poster the other day for an advertisement for shoes that gave you extra hide. So, oh, you know what they are. The short King knows that they are about a short king. But I've done some research and be tolder.
Speaker 2: The girl girl six foot six one? What are you calling her? You're not giving her some label?
Speaker 1: On am I calling her? I'm hoping she calls me.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. You're not going to call it like big princess or something. Cancer.
Speaker 1: I hope we have kids in the NBA is well, I hope, geez, could you just do that you're going to do I have a structual agreement with one of my friends at six foot one to say if we hit I think it's like thirty five or something, and neither one of us have a kid. It's just getting close. We're just going to have a kid and then just push something to the NBA. Just push no, it doesn't have a choice.
Speaker 2: It's ken love ever across the Yarra. This is a topical one.
Speaker 1: Of This is so funny because it's such a like sectional thing.
Speaker 2: They split right, so it's like.
Speaker 1: I would say, out the river, it's probably where the Yeah.
Speaker 2: What suburbs are on the other side.
Speaker 1: Or you got you got your South Melbourne. You've got your Pran it's the biggest one to rack. You've got Saint Kilda, you've got Brighton, you've got all the beach and stuff. South of the river. North of river you have well the city, You've got Richmond, you've got Fitzroy.
Speaker 2: You've got more artsy.
Speaker 1: It's a bit more artsy, bit more. Yeah, I call liberal, which is labor here. Yeah, it's a whole thing, a bit more artsy up north and North Melbourne, everything else, and then we're not even gonna talk about that. Then there's just the west side.
Speaker 2: Like the western doesn't count. That's why it stops.
Speaker 1: It's not like but then there's west of the Bridge's villa. There's a whole different thing. But I do find it funny because it's very different personal personalities live north and South River. It is a thing, one hundred percent. It's a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a I'm south of the Erraw, so I'm in like a fancy area. But I'm not a fancy boy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm actually kind of blown away. You live south of the Era, it's picture more of a northern guy. Yeah, your work's north of the.
Speaker 2: I should be I should be. I'm not. I'm in no man's land. I'm very north of the river.
Speaker 1: I'm a chuku. You'll take anything, Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you can, you can, it can cross. They're two different. It's a great divide.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I don't really. I don't really merge to the other side much.
Speaker 2: I will say, yeah, I think where I'm at is like I would love someone ideally south of the yerraw, but I'm forcing it because I'm not. I'm not south of the arrow at heart. You know, I would like, you know, is your is your rich girl wears nice stuff and like like I'd like all of that stuff.
Speaker 1: Is your your kilometer like distance on your dating profile would be like fifty ks sixty fact just said to Australia at this point.
Speaker 2: Limiting we open it right up.
Speaker 1: Take any let's get into the next one. Brother who we got.
Speaker 2: We will say, just split up with the misses two years? Can you help me? Oh, what's your advice?
Speaker 1: Advice?
Speaker 2: I would consider that a long term relationship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a long term relation long to me, Yeah, for sure, that's longer any am? I yeah? Am my advice hang out with friends, get out and the bout. That's fine. To you know, you get a bit of freedom, go enjoy it.
Speaker 2: It's brutal, isn't it.
Speaker 1: It's so it's going to be. Look, it's going to be a rough realization of what the dating scene is. I think after like any relationship, you go out there and then you see what's out there and you're like, oh gosh, what have I done? That's the first reaction.
Speaker 2: That's not great people.
Speaker 1: You do meet good people and whatnot, and you vibe and eventually figure it out. But I think that first initial experience you're like, holy smokes, this is what I have to pick from.
Speaker 2: I think in terms of tangible things that you can do, yeah, like get them off your Instagram if you don't want to, like, if you don't want to unfollow or what, just do mute them so you don't see them posting and they're going out and they're having fun and maybe you're not up to that spot yet in life where you want to get back out there. So mute them so you can't see them. Mute all their friends. You don't want to cause any friction where it's like oh yeah, well if their friends is then like, oh he unfollowed me, and it starts some shit that you don't want to start. Just mute them so you don't see him, don't hear from them, but you keep it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, big mute list.
Speaker 2: Well it's just them, and then they're friends, so it's probably about ten people. So you're muting them, and then that gives you a chance to heal and recover. Just create a bit of space. You don't want to see them constantly. You're trying to get over it, so you don't want to them going like I went out, Oh I'm seeing this guy, I went out for dinner. I went out for like, I don't want to see that. So that's my first tangible step is just mute all them and their friends and then start the healing process. Because the next thing is it just takes time.
Speaker 1: Time heals everything. As they say, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Isn't it?
Speaker 1: What's the next one?
Speaker 2: How do you slide into someone's d MS and start a conversation?
Speaker 1: This is the almighty question that everyone struggles with, right, Yeah, I think there's everyone has a different way of going about it.
Speaker 2: Yes, how do you personally go about sliding into people?
Speaker 1: I think I slid into Sabrina Carpenter's DMS whenever she was in Melbourne. She said she's looking for a Melbourne boy and I was like, oh, I got nothing to lose. Update didn't get you gotta shoot your shot and it's all amount of rest. She was like, this guy looks like an absolute tool. Yeah. Now I think I don't know how to slign into DMS. I think you probably you do something you can't. Can't go to forward, right, You can't just be like, yeah, this is it. You find something that's like kind of funny about what they post, and react to a post. You find an angle, an angle that's not weird and creepy. Yeah, so yeah, it's I don't know. It's like, I don't know if they've got something that background one of their photos, like people wouldn't see usually that you kind of comment on. That's like something about their personality or something maybe like a little you know, funny comment about that would probably be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it's got to be something relative not creepy. So don't say they put up a nice picture, they're looking good or whatever. Don't say looks like you smell nice? What that's an example of what not to do.
Speaker 1: It is so bad, I.
Speaker 2: Say, yeah, I'm giving them an example of what not to do.
Speaker 1: That was way too quick for you to be.
Speaker 2: So you don't say you smell nice or you smell when you're saying through the internet. When you're saying you pick out things in the back of their shot. Yeah, that's creepy. You could be like, oh nice, ikea lamp. I see that. That's worth sixty eight dollars for my care. I've just been searching it online.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, I don't think. Yeah, I know Australians love this, but don't make fun of someone that's not attractive. Don't know it's no. Don't do that as an initial intro. If someone's sitting there and they do a selfie in that, and don't be like, oh your rooms dirty a ship like that's not that's not going to help. It's not going to help you.
Speaker 2: It's called negging. You meant to say something negative to make them interesting.
Speaker 1: What we back in elementary school? Do you have to bring someone down and bring it back up.
Speaker 2: Don't say, geez, you look ugly in this photo. It's got to be something. It's got to be something chirpy.
Speaker 1: Just right. What's you go to brad Well?
Speaker 2: I didn't I'm super innocent, and like, I didn't know people actually slid into people's dms. I thought it was just the same.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I've never slid in. I've had a couple of sliders. I am so awkward. I don't know how to respond, so I just don't, which is why I'm still very lonely. I don't know. I was hoping that you were going to have some advice on this advice.
Speaker 1: I give you advice what to do, So I'm going to slip in nice, Do not say that? Do not that was you? Do not say that. It's funny that you can comment on that will spark a conversation.
Speaker 2: I'll take a screenshot and no damn it to you, and then you can tell me if I went too far.
Speaker 1: Gosh, this okay, try not to get arrested. Don't as the Taylor Swift that's my advisor. Defin it out well? But all right? That is Oh wait, no, hold on, what's the very end here? Our brand's dating update? What do we have?
Speaker 2: I actually had a date?
Speaker 1: Did you have a date?
Speaker 2: I know people do like these things. It didn't go well, but it was the first one quite a while now, it's about on that, I think, but we didn't stick around that long. It was one of the shorter dates that I've ever been on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it.
Speaker 2: Went for about an hour and a half, which is like short, but I've been like four hours and stuff for most days.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, so I kind of knew it wasn't gonna go well gosh, within the first five minutes. Yeah, I knew pretty quick. The problem is, like I hate you know, you gotta be attractive, You gotta you've gotta have someone be attracted to you, is the goal. Yeah, but I can't be stuffed, like I can't the whole flirting thing and like being all suave and shit. I just go and be myself, which I think We've had conversations. She'd never be yourself what you want to feed it to them over time, But I didn't do that. I just used it basically as like a stand up routine, Like I was just riffing jokes, and in terms of jokes, I was on fire. I'm doing pretty good. If it was a set. She was laughing. But at the end of the day, they still have to be attracted to you and not just see you as this weird guy that just met up with him telling jokes. But at one point, yeah, she joked that she went to Canada on a holiday and said that she could ski and I was like, oh, that's really difficult, Like that's awesome. How do you do that? And she's like, oh, you know you do the French fry pizza And I said, oh, I normally do French fry acl and she said she said, I knew I landed a good joke. That was a good joke. That's gear on the run those people. And she didn't laugh, She just said, ah, that's funny.
Speaker 1: And she actually do know.
Speaker 2: She just she just said that's funny. Was not And I was like, god, comments as soon as that happened, I knew I was cooked. But she was quite attracted.
Speaker 1: That's how long into the date was this? So you said it went for an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: I was definitely in the back end of the.
Speaker 1: If you're there and said, you made she's not vite? What's right?
Speaker 2: In future? I need to go a little lighter on the on the comedy gear and try to be a little more attractive. I couldn't get a haircut. I kind of I threw some clothes on it. I got to get it. I got to try a bit more. Yeah, I just want to be me, but I got to get there slowly. So that was that. I you know, at the end where she was hot. So I threw out the oh, that was great. We should do it again sometimes full well knowing that I'm not chance. You got to put it out there because there's no point, not nothing to lose. So I put it out there. She didn't respond for two days, yeah, and then hit me with one, going, oh, just seeing this now massive life. And unfortunately I don't think we're a great match romantically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, which is I read that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: I'd rather say that they go on a second date, spend another couple of hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Well I was like, yeah, I figured like two days later it's probably not a go. But yeah, not a good match romantically. So that's why I think I got to be a bit more, gonna have a bit more steeze about me, get out there, maybe get a check for you. Now I'm insecure.
Speaker 1: Maybe she mustaches?
Speaker 2: Who knows most I only go on dates with people that are like, I'm pro mustache. Otherwise they would say no, you make that clear. Before you get prof It's one of my prompts. Would you want to see the mustache? Stay or go? And then if they say go, I'm like, why do you even reply? That's just bullying.
Speaker 1: It's just rude, me, just abusing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, any dates for you?
Speaker 1: No updates, well, no updates on the dates.
Speaker 2: You cannot judge anything that I bring to the tape.
Speaker 1: One day, one day, I'll tell you a great day if.
Speaker 2: You come in and say I just met the girl of my dreams, yeah, happy days. I don't know. I'll probably walk off the pier at Saint Kildo. I'm the last man standing.
Speaker 1: Oh man. But that is it for the episode. Everyone, Thank you so much for sitting in your questions as always good fine to give a bit of a different view by just putting something out there besides footy and hopefully enjoyed. The preview is a big week ahead to gather around and it's going to be a great little experience over there in Adelaide, so we're excited for that. But massive, massive thank you for everyone who's been involved in this episode. Hopefully you know you can get your episode, your question in there next week we can answer it. Say massive thank you to everyone who has submitted theirs, and that's it from us. That's it. We're gonna go off to Adelaide, have a good fun.
Speaker 2: I hope you smell good, oh jeezy host Fo