Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five was so big for you because of your decision to represent Australia in March, and then we also heard that you you got engaged in Italia as well. So like some incredible milestones for you. How do you reflect on those and what happened in twenty five?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's the year has been very intense. Let's say, you know, end core, it wasn't I mean, also I cannot complain it could be way way it worse, but you know it could be better as well, you know, didn't match my.
Speaker 1: Expectations, let's say.
Speaker 2: But outside of the court, it means been a wonderful year. You know, you're getting engaged, you know, a big I think one of not getting engaged, which is also I think second my big decision in my life. But I think for the moment, the biggest decision in my life, it's been to switch to Australia, one of the most you know, difficult, not in terms that I wasn't sure to do that, but you know, difficult to accept that I have to go something through something like this to to live a happy life. That was I mean it's still difficult to accept that.
Speaker 1: You know, I couldn't just.
Speaker 2: Be born somewhere where I can be myself and not to worry about all those things. But I mean, that's my that's my road route. This is the challenges I had to face. And finally, yeah, in uh in March, I unknowns that I'm going to represent Australia and I'm I mean, I'm super proud to represent the country which accepted me quite if I can say quite easily, because it's some think I'm not used to because during my you know, years career in life, it's been you know, it's tough. It's been a tough and difficult way and I mean I have to get used to a little bit that.
Speaker 1: I have to.
Speaker 2: I mean, I can relax on in this way. So yeah, it's been a tough year where I had to change my way of thinking as well, you know, and let myself relax a little bit because now I can. And sometimes, you know, you don't know which way it's going to bring you. Sometimes these changes, you know, brings you up straight away, sometimes brings you down, I mean in terms of performance, because you never know how it's gonna affect your performance. In my in my case, it was not not the way I expected it because I thought that maybe it will lift me up so much, where actually I little bit settled down, which is also maybe good for me because my nurse system was over stimulated for the past four years, where probably my brain said, finally we can breathe, finally we can relax a little bit, so maybe which I also needed because honestly, the last four years been too intense and too demanding. So yeah, I mean, finally I can say that it's a it's a fresh start and ready to go, you know completely. Yeah. I've been working a lot, you know, with the with the therapist, with the psychologist, you know, and I mean it's been a full year trying to understand myself and you know, get back on the right track and realize like what I have to do now, because before it was about about not sacrifices and.
Speaker 1: Personally suffering.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to hear the rest of our conversation with Drek Casekena, make sure you head to the sit down wherever you're listening to this, or you can find the links in the show notes.