Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So you were probably conceived on a waterbed.
Speaker 3: I can't confirm if I was conceived you did, but by the time I came along, Mum and Dad were still in a water bed. Mom said, it weighed over a ton?
Speaker 1: What? Yeah? A ton?
Speaker 3: A ton?
Speaker 1: How can four balls be strong enough for such a thing? A ton? Surely that can't be right, isn't it like the way of a car.
Speaker 3: That's what she said? I guess if you kissed all the LEAs of water in there, she said, when dad would roll over in the.
Speaker 1: Nine easy, Hello, my dad rolls over. Excuse me, I don't mind if I do.
Speaker 3: Missus boast, so she said, when anyone rolls over in the night.
Speaker 1: There the hell not? Huh? You got a ton?
Speaker 3: Use it in any water bed that the other person? You'd ride a wave? Because I'm just go to the course. Curious.
Speaker 4: Well we all right, alrighty righty okay? Do you own a waterbed? No?
Speaker 1: Four one four one four three?
Speaker 5: Mel Yes?
Speaker 1: Did that?
Speaker 4: By the way, Mal, thank you very much your generosity and your donations as well for backpack for VIC kids.
Speaker 1: Is very kind of you. Last week.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much, my pleasure and my sunning law, sorry my steps on as well for donating those bags. So but yeah, I used to have a waterbed shop years and years ago.
Speaker 1: Surprised me. I'm not mate you, but spoken to you a couple of times. One hundred percent. You had a waterbed shop.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, and I used to in a water bed as well. And what Jack's talking about, I think is just a regular box in a bladder in a in a box type water bed and they were always very wavy and with people turned over it was terrible. But I used to have a what they called a night mood waterbed.
Speaker 1: Did you get moves? Which is it? Here? Moves like Jacky mood that's in the mood I'm in right now? Is a waterbed ripple?
Speaker 3: Both are very suggestive.
Speaker 5: Ye, I like both a very good mood you're always we're in when you went to a night mood's waterbed. But yes, and they were a fully waveless cyp of waterbed. But yeah, beautiful, absolutely magnificent to sleep on and warm and yeah, they were just they were just the best. And they were very good for the hanky panky thing too.
Speaker 3: What a phrase, maw Why do you think the waterbed went out of fashion?
Speaker 5: Ah, well, it did have a few things go wrong with them, like the bladder. The actual water mattress. You would have to probably replace that after every ten years. And then they used to have a heater in them to the water warm because they had to be headed all the time, so the hood would die and you'd have to drain the water bed and put a new hooter in. And you also had to top the bed up occasionally with not so much water but a product to put stop mold growing inside you.
Speaker 1: Interview now the Making of Me.
Speaker 4: It's old Jackie Boy, the King of the Follower.
Speaker 1: Unneeded question to the bladder mold.
Speaker 5: Fanatically when you talk about things that are thought of a little bit off putting about them. But I tell you the night sleep you got on one was magnifocent.
Speaker 1: Panky spoke up earlier as well.
Speaker 5: You did that first and then you go to sleep.
Speaker 4: You got it, my friends, all right, thank you for pointing out the never get the mixed up the bed mus been to soon take care of my excitable friend.
Speaker 1: Bye, thank you.
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. I'll say this much. There's something about waterbed people. But you Srio, it's just told me of a conversation with someone.
Speaker 1: We don't fully need on air.
Speaker 4: But thank you for his store anyway of some guy who reckons he launched himself on a waterbed and his wife flew into the cupboard. I but just really go thank you. But I'm not sure you're time for today. We always have time for that. The other stuff can get thrown out the window. But me cuta pointed into a cupboard.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: So Jackie boy has questions today about waterbed after finding out that your parents had one and made you on one.
Speaker 3: They had one for years. I don't know if I was conceived on one, but they definitely had born.
Speaker 1: It helped.
Speaker 3: But you don't see him anymore. I wouldn't know what it's like to sleep on one.
Speaker 1: Have you even been in a bed shot where they sell them out the bat?
Speaker 4: Do you have to give them a funny look like any other bedsorrow? I'm surprised you and Christo own one, actually, Patsy, No, we.
Speaker 1: Do not know kind of people that would.
Speaker 3: No one of my brothers did have you slept on one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They're awful things. I used to get sea six.
Speaker 1: Sleeping on it, can you get wavy emotion? Rose?
Speaker 4: And then the Titanic wave motion. Alright, let's go to some people now owned them.
Speaker 2: Marilyn, good morning, Good morning, tell you Christians.
Speaker 1: I'm good, Malon. Have you had a lovely weekend?
Speaker 6: I did? Thank you.
Speaker 1: Do you mind me asking if you own a waterbed?
Speaker 6: I do. In fact, I've had. I think I'm on my third one, so over twenty years altogether. I would say I've had a waterbed. You just don't know what you're missing if you've never tried one. And as Noel said before, the new one's a waveless, so you don't get that rocking motion that you.
Speaker 2: Used to get.
Speaker 6: Yeah. They feel a lot like a regular mattress now, except well, what I like the most about mine is that when you get into it, it just molds to your body immediately, and my back absolutely loves it. I've tried sleeping on regular mattresses, and I usually wake up with a really sore back. I never do with a waterbed.
Speaker 1: God tell you what I'm turning. This could be a conversion. I honestly thought that. So. Is it like a nice warm hug during the night? It is?
Speaker 6: Yeah, The only problem is at this time of year, I'm finding I have to turn it down as the knights get warmer, because obviously it's heated, and you can get a little bit overheated if the mattress is too warm, and it takes a while to warm up or to cool down. But my animals absolutely love the waterbed, especially in winter.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't they awesome? All right, Martin, thank you very much, and cool You're welcome. Thank you, Jason.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: Jason, you got a waterbed.
Speaker 2: I certainly do have a few of them, actually.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whereabouts around various homes around the World's smoothie.
Speaker 2: No, we just keep up grading and the old ones sit out in the garage collecting dust.
Speaker 4: Wow, the garage a museum of water about your building there? And what are the various upgrades? Hod they keep upgrading? Then what changes over the years?
Speaker 2: I look started first one was in my mid twenties, you know. And as a previous caller has mentioned that you have to replace blooders every now and then. They the bladders are made out of like a rubber material and they do perish after a bit of time, So you replace the bladders. Yes, so after after a bit of time you repair them, and it's like, instead of replacing her, I'd just buy another water.
Speaker 3: Bed when they perish. Does water go all over the bedroom?
Speaker 2: Do you do?
Speaker 1: Take it down to the yar?
Speaker 2: Generally what you notice is you start, you might spring a little bit of a leak, so you get like a little pinhole leaks kind of thing, you know.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 3: Do you wake up in a pool of water?
Speaker 2: No, definitely, not no, no, never never had that.
Speaker 1: Basically, you're comfortable. It is obviously more comfortable. That's why.
Speaker 2: It's it's very very comfortable. But the last course, they just mold to your body and they're great. I personally, I can't sleep on a normal mattress because I find standard mattresses develop really hot spots and I can't sleep, whereas.
Speaker 4: A waterbed mattress hot spots.
Speaker 5: Well, you do.
Speaker 2: I mean, especially through summer, you're laying in a spot and you just find that you feel like you're sleeping in an oven because it's just gotten so hot, whereas a waterbed maintains a constant temperature.
Speaker 1: Sell me one right now on the four in the garage.
Speaker 2: Well, actually new they mentioned that I do have a queen frames. I have a king size and I have a king size octagonal.
Speaker 4: One the UFC and there you're only having a good old restort night.
Speaker 2: My wife actually hated the waterbed, so we've we've compromised and we've just upgraded recently. We're now ringing bladder. No, it's it's it's a twin bladder waterbed, and it's still a waterbed. But she's now that this one's soft sided and it has two bladders. She has a separate bladder to I have a separate bladder.
Speaker 4: Go into the bedrooms and I now feel what about for your wife?
Speaker 2: Well, she's happy now because when I jump into bed and this is just catch a howard into the into the wall, takes my son away from the water there because I don't get the bouncer out of a bit.
Speaker 1: Jason, thank you very much, and al let's move on.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Carlin a brighter now
Speaker 2: You're listening to the question of Carl's Show podcast