Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three Live from Level two twenty one to thirty one Goodwood Street. Wretchman, this is the Christian o'condinal Breakfast Show on Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, It's to Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show and Gold one o four point three is just coming off for two minutes past six, show number forty seven. Good morning, Pats, Hey, how you doing?
Speaker 4: Coome on in Jack? Hey, Christian, I've been working all night. I'm waiting for the news to hit me for this Melbourne song. Hey feelingm I've only got only got one half rime at the moment. What in twenty four hours?
Speaker 3: Oh listen, you know yesterday was very exciting out of the shot news that Vienna has now top called this great city is most Liverpool city in the world.
Speaker 4: We had on the yesterday the.
Speaker 3: Lord Mayor Sally cap And, who was great and she's got behind my idea of trying to get an anthem for Melbourne to go against Ultravox's miserable song from the eighties. Vienna, who's in front of me? Who can write a song? Jack post twenty four half a line.
Speaker 4: Not a lot of things wrong with Melbourne. I'm starting at the court card, isn't it. I've got something. I'll give it to you later. It's it's not great.
Speaker 3: Great, Okay, well what if I'm exciting. I've written down here on things to sort of you know, showcase happening later on today's show, updates song for Melbourne with Jack and the update.
Speaker 4: Is it's not great. So at least this moved on from yesterday.
Speaker 3: Progress bad progress.
Speaker 4: But it's not great.
Speaker 3: Also today's show and then we got incident history and we do have an update. Wow, do I have some updates from Big Al the PI. Do you remember yesterday on the show, I was paying you this sort of voice notes thing I've been getting from I've set up a WhatsApp group when I gave up my mobile number last Friday on the show and Big Hours of Private Detective, and yesterday we were hearing updates from him while he was tracking this lady who may or may not but looks like is having some kind of affair. Do you remember he was following them during the breakfast show.
Speaker 4: He was going out to the airport.
Speaker 3: If yeah, there's been an update, not just that. I conducted an interview yesterday via WhatsApp. I asked him for the top three weirdest cases he's worked on.
Speaker 4: Do you just.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you get answers and you wish you hadn't asked the stuff that human beings or two to each other.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'll play them this morning so you can hear them. It's it's shocking, also on this morning show. Then got up early this morning. Had quite a strange night. Midnight I woken up from a deep, deep, deep sleep and a deep dream. Just a voice calling me back to my bed. It was my eleven year old daughter, just going dad, Dad, Dad, dad, you know you. And she stood over me like someone at the exorcis going, I think I'm going to be sick.
Speaker 4: And all I can say.
Speaker 3: That was over me.
Speaker 4: To the toilet.
Speaker 3: And my wife is like snoring deeper sleep, or pretending to be snoring deeper sleep. So I get up with her and you know, do the thing of just breathe. It's got that clammy cold sweat, you know, when vomits coming. It's scary, isn't it. So she doesn't get she doesn't be sicking. And then my wife gets up a couple of hours later. I just get up at four o'clock, half an hour earlier than I normally do, and I was in the kitchen and start to think about the today's show. And then I saw that the slow cooker was there. And it is strange the things you get excited about when you're grown up, right, I thought, Oh, do you know what? I'm going to chuck a load of stuff now in the slow cooker. So I've got a nice casserole. So it's the family later on today. So I started shopping up some vegs. This is at four am. Chuck some meat in there. Turn that old slow cooker on hours from now. That is going to taste beautiful. So Brinks, today's show can just tank because at the back of my mind I know that I've got a nice casserole waiting for me this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Going to your priority straight and we have nothing lined up for today right now?
Speaker 3: Two hours simmering away slowly? Is that slow cooker? Have you got a slow cooker? I never used the cooking for Christmas?
Speaker 5: Yeah, get on it. Jack's very amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh, welcome to a new life. Are you and your wife beanchoed?
Speaker 4: I don't think I would have the foresight to chop veggies at four am or even at nine am.
Speaker 3: You don't really need to use it. But honestly, you can just chuckst so easy, go out for the day, and then it's it's all cooked for you, but slowly.
Speaker 5: It's like having mum do well.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: You live at home anyway.
Speaker 4: So that's temporarily staying at home.
Speaker 3: You know you're living there. You are living at home. You've got a slow cooker.
Speaker 5: I love it. It's someone gave it to me.
Speaker 6: I think when I had my baby shower and they said you're going to love this, and I do. It's brilliant. I just whack it on and it cooks itself. I wish it could do the housework as well.
Speaker 3: So my question this morning is things you get excited about as an adult and you just catch yourself suddenly it just catches up and you suddenly you're actually excited about a slow cooking like today, thinking, today's fine, whatever happens today, whatever bad things for my way, I'm good.
Speaker 4: I've got that casserole waiting from it. At the end of the day, it's all good.
Speaker 3: And also, do you know what I've even texted my wife going, hey, listen, when you wake up, you don't need to worry about tea. I've already got it prepping. It's in the slope cooker, you know. And I know she's going to excite and go, what's.
Speaker 5: The key to a good marriage?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Exactly?
Speaker 3: The brownie points that dinner's already on me. Has been cooking since four point fifteen am. Of course I haven't cleaned up. There's mess everywhere, but you can't got a candle. There's still your kids vomit all. You're going to need to clear that up, but you don't need to worry about dinner.
Speaker 4: It's on me, okay.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We need to get the new weather reporter on. Obviously we have Pats Official Weather you know comes who gives the other weather for Australia. Then what's it called here?
Speaker 5: Perhaps you're of meteorology, love it?
Speaker 4: The Bureau, you know has an official title like that, the Bureau.
Speaker 3: Whereas we've got we've got big Job. Big John is someone who's broken out the ranks from the world's largest breakfast show. WhatsApp group that I've got At the moment, there's only a couple of spaces left, and he just left a weather report.
Speaker 4: The other morning.
Speaker 3: He's up way before any of us, and here is today's Big John weather.
Speaker 7: Good morning, Christian, it's been John here with your daily weather report.
Speaker 3: By the way, I should just say right, I woke up this morning and I saw there were nine new messages, all within about an eight minute moment, and I realized what had happened. The pressure he did eight takes, eight takes all around forty to forty three seconds each before he got to this one. I mean, the pressure's getting to on day three, Big John. It's not too easy. There's running a trap in the morning, you know.
Speaker 7: Good morning Christian, it's been John here with your daily weather report.
Speaker 8: Well it's Thursday and it's cold outside.
Speaker 3: I've just been outside Western side.
Speaker 7: It's five point nine degrees, but it feels like one point seven, so I'm gonna have to dig my minie out again and get that on and.
Speaker 3: Off to work all go.
Speaker 7: However, today in Melbourne fifteen degrees, there is a slight chance of his sharing the late morning and afternoon.
Speaker 4: The sun will rise.
Speaker 7: Five forty anyway, off the work, I go, so have a great day and I will hear you guys shortly.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much, Big John. So he's adding to it every day. We got the wind last week. This morning we're getting sunrise and sunset.
Speaker 4: But what I liked about him is on day one he gave us just his vibe of what it was going to be. Didn't he give you the feeling that he was reading off an app on that one with the time of sunrise.
Speaker 3: The It's also I'm like you, now, I know what it's going to be because I listen out for whether or not he's got to dig out the beanie house, and I'm thinking fresh start today he's got this beanie houn. I'm thinking, do you know what, Let's take the pressure off our friend ern You know, I know you listen right now, Big John. What about you give us the temperature, then what you think the temperature is, and then we just narrow it down to your one word weather update. Today it would have been beanie. Then we know it's a fresh start. Beanie up. Okay, get a hat or a scarf, just one word weather update. Then you haven't got to worry about it. Okay, what the temperature, what actually feels like to you is very specific? One point seven say all right, so this morning asking you Melbourne. Things you get excited about as an adult are nine four one four, one oh four three.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Rob, Good morning Christian.
Speaker 3: How am I pretty good this morning? One word weather? Updates, Beanie and Rob. What excites you as an adult?
Speaker 9: Well, it's took me a little while to work it out, but definitely the key thing that excites me as an adult is the fact that I don't have to go out on the weekend and I can nap.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, forget about the joy of sex, it's the joy of napping. I can drop a nap anywhere anywhere in the car.
Speaker 4: You know. My wife's driving within night.
Speaker 3: She's not even in second gear, and I'm like catching flies anywhere. The other day I went to the park, sat on a bench. I'm nodding off walking the dog. Just nap, hold the naps to take and I'm gonna just get back home before I can start napping.
Speaker 9: I can be asleep before my head. It's a pillar.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The best thing it's not being a big grown up baby.
Speaker 4: Get in in that bed.
Speaker 6: I think husbands are renowned for that, though Chris is the same.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna like to learn like I still can't nap properly and I feel groggy afterwards. I feel worse after.
Speaker 3: A young Yeah, they're gonna learn our ancient knowledge. Rob. What I do is, I won't let myself nap for an hour. I've got, you know, the little kitchen time as you can buy. I've got one upstairs in the bedroom and that's another thing.
Speaker 4: Time he Sarah, I can get it even quicker personal best.
Speaker 3: I don't let myself have more than an hour sleeps.
Speaker 4: I do not need an.
Speaker 9: Hour in the middle of the day, Golden.
Speaker 3: Do you know I reckon offices in Melbourne. They should do that. Should just have a little area where you just go and have a thirty minute nap fleet I think, yeah, I think in japanoges be better for productivity to go.
Speaker 6: And do They've got those pods, haven't they that you can like little yeah pod.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've got to notice. I've been trying to do it on the couch just outside the studio.
Speaker 3: Event, not between seven and eight during the show. Okay, after the show, have a nap there all right, Rob dansh you cor buddy. Nine four one four one oh four three were two of the things that excite you as a.
Speaker 1: Grown up The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So I'm asking you this morning there's strange things you get excited about when you're grown up. On nine four one four one oh four three for me, the irrational joy of a slow cooker. And you know, the twenty year old me wouldn't have got that whatsoever. It would have been really annoyed with the forty five year old version of me that takes a delight in the joy of the slow cookers. Similar and how long while you're.
Speaker 4: Out at work?
Speaker 3: And then Rob cording earlier about the joy of having a nap, which is a great, great pleasure.
Speaker 4: Mark's on the linking one of Mark.
Speaker 11: Good morning, here we go and crew crew is good, good crew?
Speaker 9: Now okay, buddy, that's the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Look, look they've been married thirty years.
Speaker 12: So I get excited.
Speaker 11: When the wife says, you know, what do you want for tea?
Speaker 12: So it's when she chooses, you know, I get to choose what's for tea?
Speaker 9: But you've got to be prepared to take her advice anyway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I was waiting for you to realize that, because I fall in for that trap.
Speaker 4: You go, you say what you want and then they go no.
Speaker 12: Yeah, or they say you're sure you want that, and then I'll give you all the health reasons why you should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it's for your blood pressure, it's all for for your cholesterol. Oh, they can give you cancer. All right, Okay, we'll just have count all right, Thanks Mark, Phil, good morning?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Gota.
Speaker 4: How are you? Phil?
Speaker 11: Yeah? Laying down? I'm telling better? Are I?
Speaker 4: Oh? Well fair enough? Yeah? And Phil?
Speaker 3: What do you look forward to?
Speaker 4: Then?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm retiring. It's like this. I have a seven day weekend and I all ended.
Speaker 4: Why that is brilliant? You have it?
Speaker 3: So you're retired. How long have you been retired?
Speaker 11: Oh's six feet?
Speaker 4: How many? How many years have you been retired?
Speaker 11: How many?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 11: You asked me how long?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, you're quite right. It's my fault. Fault.
Speaker 11: Years Oh, now about seven or eight?
Speaker 4: Seven or eight years? What's it like being retired, sir?
Speaker 11: I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Why are you up so early? If you're retired, you don't need to get out of bed.
Speaker 4: You can be like a student.
Speaker 11: Yeah, did you get out of bed to have a peace?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 11: Okay, get back to sleep. So put the rodeo on.
Speaker 3: You put us on hoping that we're so boring, we'll put you back to sea.
Speaker 11: But the good thing about it is that every day injured. Why there we go?
Speaker 4: Okay, it's good as he's very good? Goody?
Speaker 11: I think I know you're private detective L.
Speaker 4: Do you?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: How do you know him? Or? Don't say his name?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 11: Is it what we used to why? I used to work for a big l And if it's very big ou he has about seventy sugars that he's coffee?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: Ask is that big? Ol? Do you mind? Phil? How old are you? Sir?
Speaker 3: If you don't want me ask him?
Speaker 11: Seventy two?
Speaker 3: Seventy two? Do you know what your You're sharp as attack? I'm as sharp as you are seventy two? And Phil, do you think you might be our oldest listener?
Speaker 11: I don't know how old are I.
Speaker 3: Let's call the questions.
Speaker 4: He's wrung in, he's rung in rings around us?
Speaker 2: This one?
Speaker 4: Isn't he all right? Fell? Listen? You have a good day?
Speaker 11: Oh? You've got to get up only you know, to be any better than me?
Speaker 4: Yes, okay, all right, take care now, Phil.
Speaker 5: Blessed film.
Speaker 3: So much going on there, it's going to take me a couple of days to pick apart or what just happened in phone call. I don't know whether seventy two is our oldest listener, but anyway, whatever's trying to work out this morning.
Speaker 4: There's the things you get excited about as a grown up. Nine four one one oh.
Speaker 1: Four three, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You can start a calling now on nine four one four one oh four three. No right answers yesterday morning for sounds like a song? You listen to the little sound effects. You're gonna try and work out what the song title is. This is the current one, rollover day two for this one. Someone even texted me this morning at half five their guests for it.
Speaker 4: Can I have a guess? I won't say out Land in case I get it and ruin the game, but I've written it on a No, that's not it.
Speaker 3: Now I'm going to add you to the wrong ones we had yesterday, which are these.
Speaker 12: Time after Time, Quench the Fannies. What You're waiting for Time.
Speaker 4: By Pink Point Turn Turn Turn Time.
Speaker 9: By Steve Millerbain.
Speaker 4: I forgot about the guy with the amazing pipes Acordus. All right, what do you think?
Speaker 3: The song is? Nine four one four one oh four.
Speaker 1: Three An O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Just listen to this, Matthew Wilder and Breaking My Stride?
Speaker 3: Do you Reckon? There's a future hour on the Midweek Mixtape in songs that reference walking, walking in Memphis.
Speaker 5: Walk like an Egyptian.
Speaker 3: Brian Well as a producer on the show and also runs the music here is it's glad to me like, come on, come after walking on Sunshine? Yeah, Casey in the Sunshine Man run DMC Aerosmith, walk this way.
Speaker 5: Walk like an Egyptians.
Speaker 4: Well, there's about that's actually you know, write it down, Brian. He's not taking it seriously.
Speaker 3: All right. Let's played then the new Early Morning Game, which we've landed on this week.
Speaker 14: It's six am and time to play the Early Morning Game.
Speaker 4: It sounds like a song to me Christian.
Speaker 3: Doesn't it? Just so this is the one you're stuck on at the moment you listen to the little sound effects, you've got to work out the clues to the song title.
Speaker 4: Yesterday's guesses, Time after Time.
Speaker 12: Quench the Fani's what You're waiting for? Time by Pink Boy, Time by Steve Miller, Ban that guy.
Speaker 3: That guy's voices loosens the feelings in my mouth. All right, let's go to lines. Have you got a guest known for one for one oh four three jewels? Good morning, good morning, good morning jewels. What do you think it is?
Speaker 4: What's the song?
Speaker 5: Counting?
Speaker 11: The beat?
Speaker 4: The singers?
Speaker 3: Uh, good guess Jewels, But it's not the right answer. Tough luck, let's getta rob by guys bag go pretty good, rob Welcome to the show. What are you hearing? What do you think the song is?
Speaker 9: Is it the final can Damn by Europe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it could be like a bomb chicking down to going off, but it's not the right song. Stuffluck and Gie? Is you going to say someone else? Good morning?
Speaker 11: Totally?
Speaker 4: Crystal Art ain't ang? Maybe he is if you pay him right? Total Clips of the Heart. How do you get to total the Clips of the Heart?
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, the Indica is on, so you're turning, turn around, you know.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, turn around.
Speaker 3: That's a lot more totally clips of the heart stuff like and Samantha.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 15: I'm thinking it's knock on wood, like a late seventies early eighties.
Speaker 4: So do you think the sound that you're hearing is like a tapping on wood?
Speaker 3: Yes, it could be like a light drumstick or something like that, But Samantha is not the right answer. Darren, good morning, Good morning, de man. What do you think it is?
Speaker 4: I think it might be clocks by Coldplay, That's what I've written down as well.
Speaker 11: Show me the money, show him the money.
Speaker 3: Damn it.
Speaker 4: I thought it would last for longer. It is going to last.
Speaker 3: Wrong, it's not that tough, like.
Speaker 4: Sweat to eat it. Sorry.
Speaker 3: Stephanie, good morning, Hi Christian.
Speaker 12: I think it's that didn't really care about us by Michael Jackson.
Speaker 3: What how do you are?
Speaker 4: What are you hearing to get? They don't really care about us? Oh you're going for a VP and like beats per minute matches that tempo.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Check the batteries in your radio. Dear, dear Stephanie.
Speaker 3: That is I'm going to give you a prize anyway, Stephanie.
Speaker 4: Such a creative guess great.
Speaker 3: Wrong guess that is brilliant, Stephanie. I love that.
Speaker 4: Thanks according in.
Speaker 11: Lee, Yes, Christian, how are you?
Speaker 16: Lee?
Speaker 3: I'm good for this morning. I hope you as this morning mate as well. What do you think the song is?
Speaker 11: I reckon it's turned back time.
Speaker 3: Pop again. They're on that theme at the moment. Lee, It isn't that.
Speaker 4: Half of Melbourne's calling up this morning to get this. I'm going to be very disappointed if we don't think people who don't know think that it doesn't match what the song title is. Well we go, ah, of course, and will we go?
Speaker 3: I promise you will do that. It will do that. I've got one lined up though, another one that I think actually would go for weeks.
Speaker 4: We'd have to give clues. It's it's so hard anyway.
Speaker 3: Ash here you going pretty good? Ash?
Speaker 4: What do you reckon it is? Buddy?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm sitting here in the truck with the hazard lost, so I think it might be Hazards.
Speaker 17: I'm not sure the singer is Mark Allen.
Speaker 4: All Right, I tell you what you've got the right title, I'll give you it.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 3: It's Richard Marks.
Speaker 4: That is very very good going.
Speaker 3: Very good going. This is it has hazard. That's fair, right, they go, mate, you get the choice. You get either a George michael c d or all after all that, all that and you are rewarded what not with seventy.
Speaker 4: Two virgins week the ten K repet?
Speaker 3: Why do you want ash the Kingdom? You George michael C. They're going down a storm this week? All right, okay, so we won't be playing tomorrow. We have our different Friday morning game. But I'm telling you when we are about Monday, this will be the song you're trying to guess. Nothing until Monday, Nothing until Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connell breakfast show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Next song you hear from us after the seven o'ct news could be the ten K song, could be the song we'd end up playing twice today that could win you the ten thousand dollars. And also we have an update from Big out the PI. Yesterday we had these messages from him or forty.
Speaker 18: Four in the morning. You know, we're currently sitting off this in the back of my car. All my cameras are ready and sa if you can catch this girld doing the wrong thing.
Speaker 4: Camera's ready, Higgins.
Speaker 17: We're on the move, mate.
Speaker 4: She's packed up some bags.
Speaker 17: She looks like she's jumped into an uber with a gentleman that is not her husband, and we looks like we're heading to the airport.
Speaker 3: We'll keep you posted so there are a couple of updates to follow. You can hear them in the next ten minutes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Next song you hear from us after the seven o'clock news could be the ten k song, could be the song we'd end up playing twice today that could win you the ten thousand dollars. And also we have an update from Big Olt the PI yesterday. We had these messages from.
Speaker 18: Him by forty four in the morning. You know, I'm currently sitting off his house in the back of my car. All my cameras are ready and saf we can catch this girld doing the wrong thing.
Speaker 4: Camera's ready, Higgins.
Speaker 17: We're on the mote. She's packed up some bags. She looks like she's jumped into an uber with a gentleman that is not her husband, and we looks like we're heading to the airport.
Speaker 18: We'll keep you posted.
Speaker 3: So there are a couple of updates to follow. You can hear them in the next ten minutes.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three playing in excess.
Speaker 3: Listen like thieves. This could be the song that gets played again between now and six pm because the ten k is going to be broken today or tomorrow has to go. The money must go by the end of this week, So is today or tomorrow. All I will say is that song in excess, that band, we play them a lot on this radio station.
Speaker 4: And all I'll say is, I've got a good feeling it'll be today. But no one's told me. I've got a good feeling.
Speaker 5: Feel it in your orders, Jack, I.
Speaker 3: Think it'll be today, today or tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Listen like the significant clue or.
Speaker 10: Is it it is?
Speaker 3: I'm not the David Blaine of radio. I'm showing you at one hand. Oh what's this hand doing? He spent ten can of the back pocket.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a bad way to give it away get anything from.
Speaker 3: It's a new way. You know, those winners we've had recently, they've given us nothing. I'm just gonna put it in someone's back pocket today or tomorrow, all right, so keep listening there to gold one A four point three. Keep it locked right time now for our pi's new star of the show. When he's come out of the come out of the shadows.
Speaker 4: I guess in the shadows.
Speaker 3: He's there right now. So this guy. Then I found this guy. He joined my WhatsApp group. I'm going to give the number out in the next twenty minutes. By the way, still a couple of spaces left. It's my this is my mobile number, and I'm forming this big WhatsApp group. And this guy contacts me two days ago, said, look, I'm a PI. Do you want some updates? Whilst I'm doing my PI business during the show, I'm always listening.
Speaker 4: I'm like yeah.
Speaker 3: So he starts to leave them. You know these are these are Jerry messages. This is from the first two we had yesterday morning, five forty four.
Speaker 18: In the morning, and I'm currently sitting off his house in the back of my car. All my cameras are ready and see if we can catch this guild doing the wrong thing.
Speaker 3: So he tells me that he's on this case. Husband's hired because thinks his wife is cheating. He's got the cameras ready, and then things are about an hour later.
Speaker 4: Start moving, Higgins.
Speaker 17: We're on the move, mate.
Speaker 4: She's packed up some bags.
Speaker 17: She looks like she's jumped into an uber with a gentleman that is not her husband. And we looks like we're heading to the airport. We'll keep you posted, and then.
Speaker 3: I don't hear anything until midday. Jack, and you're Higgins, I'm Higgins. A guitar references to a classic TV show, Magnum Pi. Even if you don't know the charman about, just check out this. Back when TV shows had to have a killer, amazing, chugging guitar themed Joe and a guy with a big old trash.
Speaker 4: Oh, I could have a time machine.
Speaker 3: I'd go back and just go up so and just run my fingers to his big old tash that like Higgins did in the show. No, he had like a pencil tash. It was a show of tashes. Actually, before there was November, there was a man Pi. You didn't get on that show in this yet a proper.
Speaker 4: Tash, all right. So I called him Magnum. You our messages back and forth.
Speaker 3: I called him Magnum the TV show magnum magnum PI was Tom Selleck. He had this guy that he kind of lived in the grounds of Higgins. Strange relationship between them both.
Speaker 4: You never really knew.
Speaker 3: Was he the writer Robert Masters?
Speaker 4: Anyway, that's another show.
Speaker 3: So it went cold, Yesterda. I didn't hear anything until I got this midday.
Speaker 10: Hey, Higgins, I've been an investigator for six years. I was a soldier for five years in the Australian Army and then I was a policeman for almost ten years. I've never really been in danger doing this job. If I'm doing it correctly, the person I'm following or we're investigating will never.
Speaker 4: Know we're there.
Speaker 10: And you asked me about some weird jobs made.
Speaker 4: I could write a book.
Speaker 10: Probably the one that stands out the most. I was asked to follow a guy's young daughter because she believed she was either using or selling drugs and they wanted evidence of that so they could confront her with it. Well, I followed her and it turns out she was working at a brothel. Try explaining that one.
Speaker 4: To the pounds.
Speaker 3: I'll breaking it. I mean, this is the stuff that goes on that he has to look into. Then I make the mistake of going, oh, that's something to do with you, got any more?
Speaker 4: Got more stories for us?
Speaker 3: Big ALUs and.
Speaker 10: I had a job recently where we were all following a guy who was claiming center Link benefits, and as we continue to follow him, he was claiming seven different center Link of payments per week, which I think total to about twenty three hundred dollars he was earning a week, So not bad work if you can get.
Speaker 3: It, Jack Post he is talking about. Then there was another one he left for us.
Speaker 10: One of my all time favorite infidelity jobs was I followed a.
Speaker 4: Just by the way.
Speaker 3: I just I just wanted too because I know what's coming and I forgot. He says that one of his all time favorite infidelity jobs what you're about to hear, I couldn't stop.
Speaker 4: Thinking about right this morning, the way into work.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it could go into anyone's top favorite things, but anyway, it's his line of work, not mine.
Speaker 10: One of my all time favorite infidelity jobs was I followed a woman who was cheating on her partner, and we discovered that she was cheating on her partner with his brother.
Speaker 3: That one you lose your wife and you lose your brother, but what a big our's favorites? Hear the guys, go guys and where that tough day? Do you remember that time where he got her brother?
Speaker 4: Those were good times everyone.
Speaker 3: And let's go for a beer and we live those good times. Okay, I want to this morning. Has anyone actually used a PI? Have you ever used a PI? I'm trying to know people actually do this. They must be keeping them in their line of what have you ever used a PI?
Speaker 1: Give us a call the Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: Couple of you have asked me during that song. Then, by the way, what happened to the woman and the guy? He was following them yesterday during the show? What happened? Here's the update?
Speaker 4: Good afternoon.
Speaker 19: Higgins magnum here followed target to the airport where she target.
Speaker 4: We'll feel that we'll hear that target.
Speaker 19: Good afternoon, Higgins magnum here followed Target to the airport where she bordered a plane with unknown male two. I then had to call some investigators from Queensland to take up the surveillance up there, and I was informed later in the day that they had an enjoining flight.
Speaker 3: It's lovely there.
Speaker 4: I'll keep you posting. I can't believe he's got a national operation. He can call people in Queensland who.
Speaker 3: Got connections to look like a PI network or something. You know, they all some sort of like some clandestine organization where like a hotline or something.
Speaker 4: Do you advertise a PI? I don't know.
Speaker 3: And also when the phone goes and it's another PI, you go it's PI, big ol know?
Speaker 4: Or do they get the names confused? Right?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, big Oul, isn't it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Looking in their notes or something. It's been a lot going on there. So we're asking this morning, have you ever used a PI? On nine four one four one four three. Now we do have someone online and to protect their identity, we've given her a Hollywood name. It's Sarah Jessica Parker. Good morning guy, Hey, good morning, Sarah Jessica Parker obviously living off the rowties of Sex and the City at the moment. But so you try to hire a PI.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well, for my girlfriend. We weren't really in a position because you know, I haven't been working a lot lately, so we didn't have a lot of money. So we decided to try something ourselves. We went and we went and purchased purchased a DPS that has a very strong magnet that sits underneath your car.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you can actually buy those. I seen them in movies and put them on. Yeah, I didn't know they where'd you buy something like that?
Speaker 12: I just over in ALTONA.
Speaker 4: Yes, over there.
Speaker 3: You know that you got owls outdoors and it's now just owls. It's like Pi's.
Speaker 12: Absolutely absolutely So what what I had to do was she told me, you know what time he normally goes to work, and roughly where he parked when he could he commutes, so six o'clock in the morning, on driving around a car park looking for his car, which was quite easy to identify, so it wasn't too bad. But I had to get down on my hands and knees and you know, have to watch for people and put this device underneath his car. And we tracked him for a few weeks.
Speaker 3: You attracked him for a few weeks. And what do you track them on? Is it something on a like an app or or a laptop like a tracking thing like Google Maps.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's both. You can have the app on your phone and and also on the on the internet, and.
Speaker 3: Does it make that noise like in the movies, goes boo, he's moving out of range.
Speaker 12: No no noises, But it was It was a lot of fun just checking and seeing exactly where.
Speaker 4: He was going. S doing you and your friend are you running?
Speaker 3: You're looking at this in shifts because obviously you're not professional. So are you doing like nine till one? And then your mate those one till four?
Speaker 12: And so somebody I know we got We did get the top of the range device that does hold history for us, so we didn't have to stay up for all hours.
Speaker 15: That was good.
Speaker 3: And what did you did you mind me asking this? There was two personal that you don't need to tell me. But what did you find out?
Speaker 4: What was he up to? No good?
Speaker 12: No, he just went to Bunning's. Too much.
Speaker 4: Any question I'm going to ask on this show ever? Just love bodies? That is classic shot the show. Now we're not going to get anything funnier. Let's just go home. Oh my god, that is Thank you so much for saying that.
Speaker 15: We really thought that he was up to no good.
Speaker 12: I mean we were going to go and hire Burker's and follow him and all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 3: Listen, if you're hiring Burker's, I'd be even more alerted. If someone behind me was walking down the street following me wearing a burker you'd stand out more surely.
Speaker 12: No, no, if we'd be disgrace you know.
Speaker 4: So if he was innocent, why are you protecting your identity?
Speaker 12: Well, because he doesn't know that we did it, and I don't want him to know that we did it.
Speaker 4: That's great. So what do you do with the tracking device? You still got it?
Speaker 12: Yeah, we still got it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is amazing.
Speaker 3: This is the sister This is what women do it for each other. Right. I don't think I've got a single buddy that I could ring up and go listen. I think she's cheating? Would you mind putting a magnet under her car?
Speaker 4: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: He just liked Bunnings best Bunnings ever. They should make that into an advert. Listen, Sarah Jessica Parker, that was a great call. Thank you very much for sharing it. When it again, you have a great day. Cheers mate.
Speaker 1: By the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So with that amazing call, uh di, I y P I I think that will end up being the TDD of today's shot. That amazing call from Sarah Jessica Parker there tracking someone who wasn't cheating, he just loved Bunnings. Amazing turn of events. So you in that fame have you ever done in terms of you being a diy p I. There must people listening who have been asked to try and follow somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, take it upon themselves to do some p I work.
Speaker 3: You can call it anonymously. We'll give you a Hollywood name to protect your identity. But I'd love to hear those stories. And here's the thing, I bet we hear more calls from women who've done this for other women because the sisterho now they look out, which.
Speaker 5: I've never done it.
Speaker 3: If I do, only think it, I'd even ask the mate to do that for me, because I know they go, I'm not doing that, it's odd.
Speaker 4: Well, if you asked me to follow your wife, I would politely decline yeah.
Speaker 3: And if you said, can you place a magnetic tracking device under the anchor's car or bike or whatever. She's got a trick or something, you know, Penny farthing or whatever, I'd I'd say no, that's gonna it's gonna be awkward because then if you confront her with it, she's gonna and.
Speaker 4: Who which which which horrible fenn of yours did?
Speaker 3: Is Christians And it's going to come between us and it's a whole scene. Meant, I don't think men would do this, but maybe maybe we're wrong. Nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Time out for this week's Internet History, where me and the team we open up our tabs and we're honest about what being googling in the last twenty four hours. I believe that our internet history says a lot about what we've got going on our lives. A couple of things for me then, First of all, I was saying, now over the weekend, got a new couch. It's been delivered tomorrow, an L shaped couch, speak moment in our lives.
Speaker 4: Are you serious about the three of us doing the show from your living room?
Speaker 3: I'm very happy to invite you around to officially open the er shaped couch and really handy delivery time tomorrow sometime I can't tell you when, between eight and six a PM. Okay, yeah, because no one's got anything going on. Ever, we'll just wait around. When he fancied kicking out of the side of the van, my l shaped.
Speaker 4: Couch with ottoman. It's the ottoman.
Speaker 3: I'm excited about one because there's a great word to say. When would you normally say, I've got atom come round, take your shoes off, put it up on the ottoman to new Ottoman.
Speaker 4: And I've excited about this.
Speaker 3: So I googled the other day pieces of furniture named after empires, because I was suddenly aware Vailee of the Ottoman Empire decades ago, centuries ago in Turkey. And also again I found another particle, the origins of ten pieces of furniture.
Speaker 4: God, no, I'm going to read the whole thing now I found.
Speaker 3: I actually found it riveting reading bureau give us one bureau.
Speaker 4: Sofa comes from another French word.
Speaker 3: Lots of the furniture we have, the origins are in French words. Sofa, it's from a Sophia is a French word chaise lunge.
Speaker 4: So friends were the first people to have furniture, were they? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I believe so, King Louis Before that, everyone stood around then King Louis when if any it's someone to put my ass on Adeliere, of course it's the French for them. And the other thing is, you know, sometimes you just have an earworm. An earworm is something which is a song or even in an advert, whether you like it or not, that has burrowed its way into your brain and you just keep hearing it various times during the day. You might find yourself even singing it. It's not necessarily something you like. It's just lodged there. You can't get it out for days. At the moment, for me, it's this because I was hoping my daughter get ready for her a Laddin audition. She finds out someone if she's got any kind of role in it, and she had to a part of the audition. She had to sing the Prince Ali song.
Speaker 4: You know this one, yep, But I don't remember this bit.
Speaker 3: I found myself walking around the house, go mate, where Prince Sally?
Speaker 4: I'm not even I didn't even have to do the audition, biz.
Speaker 3: That's what I heard all weekend upstairs was her practicing this all right, Bud?
Speaker 4: Is this one of the chorus things in the in the school play?
Speaker 5: Here it comes?
Speaker 4: Yes? So little dad joke, ubygo Prince Sally smelling of we no one, No, it's actually the house when I do it. That's not funny, but I still.
Speaker 3: Do it, all right? So Jack, what is your internet history?
Speaker 4: What have you got? I've got anywhere in my own and this one I'm going to kick out this one because I'm ready to for this to go. You don't want this. I'm about warning up now that if you don't want something that will be stuck in your head for the next three days. Tune away now.
Speaker 3: So it's not like a nice song or anything like that.
Speaker 4: No, it's terrible. It's an internet meme that's going around from a children's kids show. Are you ready to hear it now? No? No, no, no, no, a stick a break would come back. You need to give people climb to tune away?
Speaker 3: All right? Right now we want to stay stay with us for something awful.
Speaker 1: There we go the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, midway through this week's Internet history, where I go around the team and we share what we've been googling in the last twenty four hours. All right, So you said you're just about to play something and it's an irritating earworm.
Speaker 4: It's going to replace my Prince Arnie. That's right. My warning is tune away now if you don't want the next bit of audio stacking your head for three days. So I had to google. I've heard this on the weekend, had it in my head since then. I had to Google it again last night to show Bianca in like a problem Shared is a problem hard Sure if she's got it in her head as well, maybe it'll get out of my It's a it's a children's show from Japan, and it's an internet meme at the moment, this song is called baby Shark, Take it away? Oh come on their baby Shark. I can I wake up with this every day? And I can't? What is this? R and B Friday on five. I'm brushing my teeth in the shower where it was shucked it Daddy Shared, not get rid of it, Shack.
Speaker 6: I think that's even worse than the frozen thing.
Speaker 4: That it is a hook. It'll Grandpa Shack. That's the lyrics. You were just busking something there? Did they go through the whole shop family? Yes, this is Grandma Shark. I think now they're hunting.
Speaker 16: Run away?
Speaker 5: Oh it gets faster.
Speaker 4: How do I get did you run away?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 4: No, stop, it carries my stop it. I learned how to play it on guitar.
Speaker 5: You're obsessed.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not obsessed. That makes it sound like I want to I wanted in my life.
Speaker 3: I can't remember Prince I anymore. I've just got that thing in my head already that Pats.
Speaker 4: Don't do that.
Speaker 5: It could be monon news.
Speaker 3: Then no, no, perhaps what have you been googled for the last time?
Speaker 5: Looked up if it's illegal to drive barefoot?
Speaker 4: Yes, I've heard. I've heard a rumor that it is.
Speaker 3: It's not this country's problem with having a shoe.
Speaker 6: I was in the supermarket the other day and there was a woman in the aisle.
Speaker 5: It's quite weird.
Speaker 6: Something must have happened to her shoes because she was dressed very very nicely in business attire.
Speaker 5: But I looked down.
Speaker 6: I thought, oh, she must have some nice shoes, because she had a beautiful suit on, but she wasn't wearing any This is.
Speaker 4: This is what women do. They scan, They scan each other.
Speaker 3: Okay, you see the business suit, that's enough. Why we got to check out the shoes. Scan instead of shoes, What does she have on her feet? Nothing?
Speaker 6: She was bare foot in the middle of the supermarket. And then it got me to thinking, well, hang on, how did she get here?
Speaker 5: Did she drive like that?
Speaker 6: But it's not illegal apparently, and in fact, authorities would recommend it. If you've got stilettos on that it can be quite dangerous.
Speaker 3: You know, they can get stuck under the sometimes of the accelerator.
Speaker 4: Yes, what abouts, I feel like thongs is more dangerous.
Speaker 6: Than they're probably in the same because you get that wedge still, it can get loose on it, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, or buckle up under your foot in the car mat But no, apparently it's not illegal.
Speaker 5: But I don't know why. She nearly felt like asking her.
Speaker 4: But I've gone to a Christmas breakfast without shoes accidentally, because.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, you don't do that because you know you filled with the cold.
Speaker 4: No Christmas. This summer here is so I want to walk around everywhere bare feet, And I thought I bought the shoes to the car banker's family's over for Christmas. We went out to a cafe.
Speaker 5: For break outlaws as well, which makes.
Speaker 4: It I'm walking around no but we're already at the cafe, so I went in.
Speaker 5: With that's feral Jack Christmas.
Speaker 4: Not on Christmas Day, thankfully, two days after.
Speaker 5: Oh that's so much better.
Speaker 3: All right, we got the news and spot on the way and after this o'clock then we've got some suggestions from you Jack, and he really does need them.
Speaker 4: Jack has been.
Speaker 3: It's been a commission to write a song for Melbourne by the Lord Mayor.
Speaker 4: Sally Kap and me.
Speaker 3: And what I feel really bad is because obviously the Lord Mayor was on the show yesterday. She got really excited and I said, hey, how do you feel about we get Jack to write a song an anthem for Melbourne to go up against Vienna. And there's Vienna because they just become number one the most liberal city in the world.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 3: You know, Tommy he cuts up videos, little clips that we've say in every twenty minutes, he loads one up on our Twitter and Facebook page.
Speaker 4: I've just seen that there's one he put up about an hour ago, just you saying that the only update is is not going very well.
Speaker 3: I've written half a lyric I've just seen on my Twitter feed. The Lord Mayor Sally Capp has just favorited that tweet. Nothing else that the show has said interesting and funny today. Just the fact that twenty four hours on we've got no update other than it's going bad.
Speaker 4: But it shows she's still interested in the idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but now she's knowing that it's going badly. But don't worry. We've got some suggestions from you for Jack the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: What I'm about to do will give you a brand new earworm to kick that irritating shark thing out. The most recent text of this show, Thank you, Jack post. I've just walked into work singing that stupid shark song. Yeah, I want to know what work that is, you know it maybe it's like a serious meeting or something.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: He works at funeral home and he's going.
Speaker 4: Did did did?
Speaker 3: He's got a hear sparked outside?
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: So this time last week on the show, we were doing internet history, and I was saying how I'm obsessed and diving on having a deep dive on YouTube and looking around for something called isolated vocals. Now it's kind of a music term, but the most important thing is it's just the it's just the vocals that I don't know whether these studio engineers find these tracks now and they upload them to the internet, but thank god they do. It's just strip back. You don't hear the rest of the song. You don't hear the guitars, the bass, the piano or any kind I have a production or reverb on it. You just hear these amazing vocals like this and the beach boys.
Speaker 20: Wouldn't it be nice if we were all then we wouldn't have two weeks so long? And wouldn't it be nice to live together?
Speaker 4: This is the isolated vocal.
Speaker 3: I love these. They give me the chills. So you real us how great the voices are.
Speaker 8: Make it endless?
Speaker 4: Where we can take a nice.
Speaker 3: So you can find load of the There's some brilliant Chris Cornell ones as well, the late great Chris Cornell.
Speaker 21: This black Hole Sun, Won't you Come? Why should the black hole sound? Won't you come? Won't you come? Won't you come?
Speaker 3: So there's loads of them online. You can have a look around today.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 3: They're called isolated vocals. And what it is when you strip it back, you really feel the song differently and you hear it siphony. Definitely, you hear the greatness in the voices. And this is a forget about. This is a time before auto tune as well. You really, it's just how great the vocals are. And there was one we played last week and I got so many emails and so many texts about it. I thought it'd remind you of it, and then we're going to play the song in four But this is the one I was talking about. The original one was David Bowie and Freddie Mercury from under Pressure. Have I listened to this under dress?
Speaker 16: The person.
Speaker 3: Splits the family into.
Speaker 6: Puts people three ba be up it up.
Speaker 16: That's okay. It's a terror of knowing what this world is about. Watching some good friends screaming great tomorrow gets me high.
Speaker 20: The people on streets dead edit mm hmmm, do that about.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: Chipping the round tip my range around the floor.
Speaker 11: These other days?
Speaker 3: Another range about it?
Speaker 4: Had you know?
Speaker 3: No, it's like the shark clip never happened, okay. And then when you listen to it online, it's about four minutes. The whole thing of them to singing together, those two great But there's a moment when it gets to two minutes in. This is where it peaks to me. Freddy's voice just goes into this amazing full setto and he realized what a one off great he is. Haven't listened to it. This is a couple of seconds before it. Then it just goes so high pitched. I've forgotten it. I've played that song so many times in the radio but never heard this bit fairly human. It's a presence. That's what the prince of greatness is. That's what true genius is. Anyway, we're gonna do these once a.
Speaker 4: Week, play one of those and then play the original song.
Speaker 3: So here it is on Gold one oh four point three Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show. We do this once a week, isolated vocals. This is David Bowie with Freddie murgley, two greats.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So talk about music and inspiration and genius. We now bounce all could lead to.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a hard act to follow.
Speaker 3: You are artist in residence, okay. The spirit and of Freddy and Bowie are definitely missing in you. And yesterday we were talking about the news that know no more number one spot for Melbourne's most Liverpool city in the world has gone to Vienna. And we were chatting to with the Lord mess Sally Camp on yesterday show, and I said, maybe we need a song, an anthem for Melbourne. You've got the classic eighty song Vienna. Who better well, actually, who else is? There's no one else so available to me that would do this than Jack Posts to take on this mission, this important mission, to try and write an anthem for this great city. So twenty five hours on Where Oh You.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking the chorus will be the this is a rhyme my hometown Melbourne, Melbourne, but when you sing it out, when you sing it, it's hard to say it as a rhyme.
Speaker 3: You're better off going Melbourne.
Speaker 4: No, I think, because we're get other musicians and maybe artists. Hopefully the guests sing on this so they'll be able to do if they listen to this, they're not picking. Twenty five hours you've had with this.
Speaker 3: All you've done is brought in that horrible shark song today.
Speaker 4: No, I got away for that baby Shark song to leave my head before I can let a new song inter.
Speaker 3: Okay, so listen, I I've got a couple of suggestions and from our listeners. They've left these on my WhatsApp group on my phone that's ever listened to some of these?
Speaker 5: Hi Christian, It's Shelley from Hampton.
Speaker 6: Did you know that Melbourne was originally called Batman?
Speaker 5: Maybe you could write that into the song somehow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, make it you're writing this down.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no no no no no no no no no no Melbourne. There you go.
Speaker 3: It's the inspiration.
Speaker 4: And then there's this you do nothing for me all the boom boom.
Speaker 3: Boom, and then what we're about to play is up there with that clip from Bowie. Seriously, this is this is amazing. Have a listened to this?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Everyone, just stop what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Turn this up.
Speaker 3: This is incredible. I know that we're gonna end up putting this in the song. You're going to write around it. It's chilling.
Speaker 8: We are Melbourne, we are strong, we are up then and number one, we can keep kick people's asses if we won't.
Speaker 4: But we are said lead not. Well, if the rules of the song are already it doesn't need to rhyme perfectly, then that fits straight in.
Speaker 3: Let's just have a second play of this, we have to discover a star.
Speaker 8: We are Melbourne, we are strong, we are up then and number one, we can keep kick people's asses if we won't, but we are said lead not.
Speaker 4: I'm going to try to work something that resembles that into the real song. Then there's this from a DJ giving himself a plug.
Speaker 13: Gay Christian DJ pain here down in Geelong message for Jack's Melbourne song. I don't have a lyrics suggestion for you, but this is what it needs. It needs to have a massive build up chorus and then like all good big songs, it needs to have a dramatic dropout and then the two words that you need in this type of song, children's choir. Children's choir comes up, rises from the ashes and sings Jack's.
Speaker 3: That's why he's out there and long, you know. But school choir we never think about this week. The school choir.
Speaker 4: We just can't work in every gimmick if we're doing the list right now.
Speaker 3: The only thing this is right in the center. But the DNA of this song is this.
Speaker 8: We are Melbourne, we are strong, we are up there and number one, we can keep kicking, but we are lead and art genius.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We have discovered amongst living here in Melbourne who knew there was someone who had the spirit of Lennon and McCartney that could give the world this kind of greatness. We asked for lyrics for a new anthem for this city, for Melbourne.
Speaker 8: We are Melbourne, we are strong, we are up then and number one, we can keep people's asses if we want, but we are leading art.
Speaker 4: I hope the Lord Mark can hear all this. You do not need to worry.
Speaker 3: Sleep well tonight, Lord mayor sely cap knowing that we've got this. We have got this because we've got Anthony from Dale's car Yard who laid that down last night for us.
Speaker 4: And to be fair to Anthony, I mean, we're writing a song about Melbourne, and Melbourne is a difficult word to rhyme.
Speaker 3: You're right, Actually, I don't think if from that, Yeah, I guess for a rhyming couple, even Shakespeare would have struggled. So I wonder if people can help Jack out this morning. What can you rhyme with Melbourne?
Speaker 4: Be creative, you can change like I've done my hometown Melbourne, like, but I'll go my home town Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Can you do anything with Bourne? Melbourne in there?
Speaker 4: No, I haven't born. If people say Melbourne, that's like if Rhianna too is here and she doesn't know how to say it Melbourne. I like that.
Speaker 3: On day one, all right, what can you rhyme with Melbourne? Then nine four one four, one oh four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian oh' connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three, It's goin to helps Jack out with some inspiration this morning. She takes on his commission to try and create an anthem for Melbourne after we lose the number one spot to Ultra Watch Vienna. We haven't lost that to number one, but most limpall City. Maybe the song helped the judges. I don't know, Tipham, So we need a new anthem for Melbourne. You're saying you need out with what rhymes with Melbourne?
Speaker 4: Well, I could have done more work overnight. I'll be honest about that. Twenty four hours I came up with one lyric, which was my home town Melbourne, and that I'll rhyme that when it's being sung. It's difficult to rhyme Melbourne I'm finding, Christian.
Speaker 3: Part of the issue is that Melbourne has pronounced many different ways. You get some people that say Melbourn, some people say Melbourne, some people say mel Bun, some people say may have been Melbun.
Speaker 4: There are different there are different ways that you say it.
Speaker 3: Christian. Jack just needs to rhyme the born part. So I'd like to see Jack work in torn Corn or pawn.
Speaker 4: Corn.
Speaker 3: Poor. No, that's not trying to thought. Good morning, come out hi, good morning. When you're live on god one of four point three, what's your idea for Jack song?
Speaker 15: Tell them you're going to.
Speaker 4: What was the rhyme?
Speaker 11: Tell them?
Speaker 4: Tell them, tell them you're going to Melbourne's for people outside of Melbourne, you're going to Australia. Tell them you're going to Melbourne. Tell them, Okay, not bad. Cris Hello, will do that? Yea and Chris, we're here.
Speaker 11: Christian, Christian, I rang up the other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, still good, it's still good. Going to speak to you again.
Speaker 9: More and similar to the last one, but I've got a little bit more to it.
Speaker 8: It goes.
Speaker 11: Certain place is cool and that's what.
Speaker 6: That's what when you're.
Speaker 4: Hanging in they say this place is cool. That's what I tell him. That's what it's like hanging in Melbournebourne, Melbourne. That's good. Yes, that's good, Yes, very good. Essa.
Speaker 9: Hi Christian hell are you pretty good?
Speaker 3: Vanessa? I hope you're will.
Speaker 4: Have you got a lyric for Jack?
Speaker 15: Well, I've got something that runs with Melbourne and it's Torellgon.
Speaker 4: Yeah all right, Terrelgon is not part of Melbourne. I wouldn't say, isn't it more rural?
Speaker 3: But can't you then use the song.
Speaker 4: To int.
Speaker 15: I'm from Melton sort about Melton?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Melton. Yeah, so maybe I'm traveling through Torellgon.
Speaker 3: And heading to way on the way to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Three Melton, And.
Speaker 3: Then you work this in.
Speaker 8: We are Melbourne, we are up there and number one, we can keep kick people's asses we want, but we are said.
Speaker 3: Lead that beautiful line. I know you've got your guitar there. Could you just try and put that in again?
Speaker 14: We are Melbourne, we are strong, we are up there, number one, we can kick kick people's asses if we want, but sadly we are no.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: When you start to hear it like that, you know that we can go to number one again.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: You're going to get one of these first time, says I've moved to a powable ticket one hundred million.
Speaker 4: Why not? Oh big, big dollars one hundred million.
Speaker 3: What do you do if you want that?
Speaker 4: You go? Do you know what?
Speaker 3: Many years ago I did a TV show and the audience was made up of millionaires who had won the money on the lotto for a TV show, and I went out for a couple of drinks with them. Afterwards they bought them and in the pub right I was saying, I asked all of them, did it change your life for the better? You know, because you think because you've got more money, you got more choice, you got more freedom. I guess that's what we think. That's what happen, is happiness is. They said it did change their lives, but it was interesting. They didn't say it was necessarily for the better. They said it ruined every single friendship with their family and their They had to get new friends because the old friends.
Speaker 4: It just changes everything. Oh, they can only hang out with other rich people now. It wasn't that.
Speaker 3: It was just like they're always expected to pay if anything goes wrong with their friends, families. They are askeding and to pay for medical bills because they've got the money, and you're constantly being asked to do something. It changes the dynamic and the friendship that you.
Speaker 4: Have before it. Do you think, how do you think you would go one hundred million dollars for a jail? It did a lot of money. It's ridiculous. Too much money, too much ones.
Speaker 3: You know what? Seriously? Right, would you come to work so you win it this weekend?
Speaker 4: Right? I mean I I'm doing the show.
Speaker 3: So are you here Monday? If you win one hundred million?
Speaker 4: I'll sleep in.
Speaker 3: I'm going to come because that's what gives you meaning in your life.
Speaker 4: Right? Do you know what I do?
Speaker 3: I would give a dollar to all of our one hundred million listeners. You may have got those figures slightly confused.
Speaker 1: Actually, the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Just on this whole thing about obviously Vienna become most small City.
Speaker 4: It's a song. Also the eighties song Vienna.
Speaker 3: Is there? Another midweek mixtape in songs with cities in the title, You got one night in Bangkok played it yesterday on the show Drinking in La brand Down three thousand, great song New York, New York, London calling we can't play Vienna. That's Bard from this show now, okay.
Speaker 4: Yep, I'm trying to think maybe Paris in the summertime.
Speaker 6: And a guess what's that Eagles classic standing on a corner in Winslow, Arizona or something.
Speaker 3: I think it's standing on a corner of Frankston, Chadston, Chadston standing them.
Speaker 4: And now we have Christina on the line.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Christina, Christina, Yes, yes, hello, Hello, Yeah, I'm pretty good.
Speaker 4: How are you well this morning?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm well.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 3: Well listen, Christina, I understand that you've been hearing our mission to try and create a brand new anthem for Melbourne. And you've got not some lyrics, you've got a rap for Jack.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I think if you want to really sell it, you need to kind of inject like a little bit of modern influence in there. So I've written a small little rapnurs that I think would go really well. And now I don't know if you agree, Jack, but I think I might go really nicely.
Speaker 4: Christina. I'm excited to hear I will say, I feel like this song is getting too gimmicky. It's got children's quiet strings, breakdown rahaps.
Speaker 15: Not a gimmick, it's a way of life exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you very much, DoD to try on the line. Now listen, Christina, off you go where all is?
Speaker 15: All right? So this is what I got so far. Christian and Jack. You know, I want to help him get out of this rhyming problem that they fell in their city in the world. You know what to tell them me. I lived in grand old Melbourne botanical gardens of flowers. I like to smell them. Nothing like any city I've ever dealt in. The stand and take pills of beach has lots of shells, and that's all I can think that rhymes with Melbourne.
Speaker 4: We are blessed.
Speaker 3: We're the most talented listeners in the world. So again, just do that. So have you written that down?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 15: I mean I came up with it just now, but I had to write it down to remember it.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon? You could do it again. I've just got an idea of something we can add at the end of that. Can you just do it again the whole thing? Yeah, you're go on. Please it's amazing.
Speaker 15: Okay, I will I will add a cabin. It would be better if I had a backing beat behind me, so bear with me.
Speaker 4: Christians tell you okay, Christina, off.
Speaker 15: You, Christian and Jack. You know I want to help them get out of this rhyming problem that they fell in their city in the world. You know what to tell them me. I live in grand old Melbourne botanical gardens of flowers. I like to smell them. Nothing like any city I've ever dealt in. Stand and thank kill. The beach has lots of shells. Then that's all I can think. That rhymes with Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Then we are up there. And number one, we can't keep keep people's houses if you want, but we are not.
Speaker 11: No way.
Speaker 3: Christina, that was amazing second time around. You smashed it.
Speaker 15: Thank you so much. Well, I'm here. Could I get a plug in for my improv wrath group Rhyme Zone in Melbourne Fringe this year. We'd love it if you come check us out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you give yourself a plug. What's the Facebook?
Speaker 3: What's your Facebook page?
Speaker 15: So look us up where Facebook dot com slash, Rhyme Zone, Improv. It's a good time. We get a word from the audience and from that we kind of make up a whole improvised hip hop musical. We start talking and whenever the beat drops, we have to rap about whatever we're talking about.
Speaker 3: And have you ever done this at the Melbourne Comedy Festival.
Speaker 15: No, we might do it next year. At this moment we just kind of have a monthly show. But yeah, we're doing fringe.
Speaker 4: For the first time.
Speaker 3: Now. Listen, Christina, do you want to challenge? Normally on a Friday, Jack sings the week? Obviously I've had to give him tomorrow off because he's, you know, he's trying to write lyrics at the moment. I can't overload that young, precious, fragile, tender brain. How do you fancy you wrap the week tomorrow? What we've been up to on the Breakfast Show this week and you can't come and do it live on tomorrow show?
Speaker 15: Oh my goodness, yeah sure, yeah, there we go, Christina.
Speaker 4: All right, listen, eminem we see it tomorrow.
Speaker 1: For Christian oh Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: All right, time for this morning?
Speaker 3: Is that work time waste? For your loaf off? When you get into work, you can still do stuff with the breakfast show. But you don't need to call in it, just just text us. Just pretend not to be listening to the show, pretend to be actually starting work in your office. If you are playing along in an office, put that at the end of your text as well. All right, So today's one. I don't know if you're aware of this. This is every day for chat, but it's National Relaxation Day. Something in the air, and so today we want you to relax a song I've got, Mama said, knock you out with ambion sleeping on the dock of the bay and all the snooze there in the sun and hold a notes private tranquilize.
Speaker 4: Oh you are trying to get Yeah, you got it, baby, all right, what have you got? Lazy in red? You know that the reef song puts your hands out, Yeah, yeah, place your hands, yeah, put your feet up, and Lucy in the sky with diazepan. Take it.
Speaker 3: Okay, So looking for you two on National Relaxation Day. To relax the song text the men we are Jack with Martin in ten minutes time gold, silver, bronze or plus plus minus minus uh and bits in between nine thing, Well you've done plus plus gold and.
Speaker 4: Done plus plus minus minus. Well could you say that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Oh right, so gold plus plus or bronze plus plus does? Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Sorry, stood with me. I can only apologize text us then, yeah, you'll relax. The songs to four seven five three, one oh four three, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three brilliant eighties song, great eighties hair as well, Flock of Seagulls I Ran Gold one o four point three ninth twenty. What are you looking at? What are those people? There's about twenty people stood the other side of the window as a studio staring in here.
Speaker 4: We're animals in a zoo.
Speaker 3: Now who are they?
Speaker 4: They gotta find out? Oh no, this is the first time Christians ever tru picking it out to. Usually it's like a sales department or you know, it could.
Speaker 6: Be doing to a school group or something they looked to school.
Speaker 3: Great, it's about twenty people with almost folded just staring in at us. It's almost intimidating, isn't it.
Speaker 4: I actually don't mind it. Did you book them?
Speaker 3: You changed since you were on a True Stories Tuesday night?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 3: He demands an audience.
Speaker 4: I said, let the fans in. Don't keep them waiting out in Nicole, let them in. All right?
Speaker 3: Today's that what time waster on national relaxation days to relax a song?
Speaker 4: Jack? You ready to?
Speaker 3: Mark really can't get you out of my bed, Kylie Civil Plus that's Liam and Elwood living on a chair.
Speaker 4: That's like that Gold.
Speaker 3: The Undertones with teenage kIPS.
Speaker 4: Don't know the song kicks?
Speaker 3: The Undertones one of the greatest songs ever, teenage Kicks right through the night thing. It must have heard it, Pat, do you know any one? You must have heard teenage Kicks? Teenage Kicks right through the night. Oh yeah, that's not singing. Friends watching the show right now, one.
Speaker 4: Nod of twenty they're all looking at It's likely is that the British band? Is that why we don't know? Irish?
Speaker 1: There you go?
Speaker 4: Didn't travel well? I thought it's gold.
Speaker 3: I'm Mitch Elvis Presidy blue suede snooze.
Speaker 4: That's good, that's gold.
Speaker 3: He traveled. That's what my stratos were done. Poppa was a rolling stoner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would relax. Yeah, Gold sledge Hammock, that's a gold classic.
Speaker 3: Well done. Rachel snoozing my religion.
Speaker 4: That's great. That's actually the gold classic.
Speaker 3: Plus Wow, we jake, well done, massage in a bottle.
Speaker 4: That's great, Gold jade, well done.
Speaker 3: Every doze has its thorn.
Speaker 4: That's great. Gold plus, I reckon.
Speaker 3: These are all goals coming up now, Lionel Richie with pillow?
Speaker 4: Does that mean you're looking for a gold platinum?
Speaker 3: I might start singing that when I go for my afternoon nap to my pillow.
Speaker 4: That's a great we're a world record gold of the moment? Is that five or six? I think we've got six? All right?
Speaker 3: Rick Astley, never going to wake you up? Silvil plus sleeping class man.
Speaker 4: Actually it's only silver.
Speaker 3: Michael Jackson, Chiller, civil plus. Everything I do, I do it for yoga. I can say with the gold one here beatles my guitar gently sleeps.
Speaker 4: Silver. Ah, Well, I don't everyone.
Speaker 3: There's some great stuff there.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourn's Gold one four point.
Speaker 4: Three Tomorrow Morning.
Speaker 3: All the music is picked by you, So if you want to get your song suggestions in early, i'd dumbe the one. We're not dumb, and that's not a good way to say, place them gently over on our Facebook page O C one O four three. If I was to play you and your Lovely Wife a song tomorrow, what would it be.
Speaker 4: Well, I'd be scared to request it because she walked down the aisle to every breath you take the Police song, And I know you hate sting. I don't hate sting. I never even met to do. Okay, and I like the Police on this is that true?
Speaker 3: I thought you were joking about that. I was joking it was a stalker's anthem. I know, well we didn't have a teacher that falls in love with the kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's a nice tune, you know.
Speaker 3: It's about a stalker. Your wife to be walked down the aisle looking at you think about a future life to a stalker's anthem.
Speaker 4: It was like it was a nice cello version of the song. So is this song, but it was too cello.
Speaker 3: It was a cello version of a stalking anthem. Yes, okay, Pat, what did you come down?
Speaker 4: The arty?
Speaker 5: Just the additional wedding march.
Speaker 6: But for our wedding song, I wanted Titanic We'll go on because it was huge at the time when we got married and the band refused to play it.
Speaker 3: Did you know what was in the wedding sing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you wouldn't play it, so we had It had to be You by Harry Connick Jr.
Speaker 4: That's a lovely song.
Speaker 5: It's a great song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great. And you when did Sarah walk down the articles a couple years ago? Twenty years ago?
Speaker 3: And I do know it was a soundtrack. It was wrong, doesn't no way I know it. I notice it was from the soundtrack to Romeo and Juliet. You know the bael of the movie is on.
Speaker 5: That madly deeply No not that.
Speaker 3: Get me out this thing.
Speaker 1: Let's go the song the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Phone lines are going because the plan in excess.
Speaker 4: What I tell you, I've got a good feeling about the ten k today.
Speaker 3: Well that doesn't make any sense because it's not the song I played. It's national relaxation.
Speaker 4: That he's taken it to doesn't mean you can't win later in the day.
Speaker 3: You're quite right, So runs up until six o'clock tonight. We are back tomorrow morning. I'll have that song title that's momentarily slipped by that I came down. I didn't come down now too, my wife did. And the title of today's show is d I y.
Speaker 4: The last twenty minutes just to research this soundtrack to Romeo and Julie.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna you know, I need Yeah in a suspense. It's a radio building, Yeah, to get people to tune in tomorrow morning to hear the big reveal.
Speaker 4: Of what song you your wife worked twenty years ago.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a revealed when I get home later on and I ask her what it was again.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three