Speaker 1: Hey, let's just welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Big preview episode today. To start us off, Carlton versus Melbourne. That's gonna be an interesting one. We also have teams traveling a bunch of this week. We've got Tasmania's got a trip over there, We've got to trip up to the Northern Territory and Colinwood's gotta go to Marvel. So it's a big, big trip for us. And also we have all the questions from everyone that put him in. Thank you so much as always, but we'll get straight into it starting now without further ado min welcome Brighton.
Speaker 2: Not as big as last week, couldn't get much bigger than Rivalry.
Speaker 1: But there's a bit of travel in this week, thoug. You know, we've got a game in Tasmania, we've got game of the Nordon Territory and we have to travel to Marvel. So it's gonna be a big wake. It's gonna be a big wake it. But we'll start off with a massive match Carlton versus Melbourne at the mcg Melbourne beat Geelong last week.
Speaker 3: Finally no one's undefeated.
Speaker 2: Now what happened to did Carlton win last week.
Speaker 1: Carleton did not win. Unfortunately they lost us, so it's going to be a big match for them. Massive crowd. I'm going to assume here at the MCG for this one, and it's going to be a big game for both clubs to try to continue I guess their strive for the top eight in the top four this year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I find this more interesting from a Carleton front looking ahead, you players and the coaches. Are we one game at a time. We don't like to look ahead and all that bullshit. Carlton v Melbourne this week, then they got Sydney at the SCG next week, so they don't want to be on a bit of a slide. So we better get some wins going, is what the Carlton fans would be saying. So they need to start here on the Thursday night against the Melbourne Demons. But yeah, massive game. And I'm going to back in Melbourne after what they did to Geelong. But after last week's preview, we suck at who we think is going to win. Car Clocks got up last week. Clocks got up, got up. But yeah, I'm gonna say Melbourne.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna that's this tough. I'm gonna go Carlton this one. It's going to come down to essentially one of the best back lines in the in the league versus one of the most potent forward lines you got Leaver, May versus Krono and Mackay. We're going to see exactly who wins. That matchup is going to be juicy, absolutely juicy. But I'm gonna go Carlton. This one is gonna be a close one though.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a good one. And we go back to back with them because on the Friday night Geelong Port gm HbA. Both clubs a bit disappointing last week. Geelong lost in Melbourne. Port lost to the crosstown rivals in Adelaide. But now they have to go all the way to Geelong to play, and Geelong will be happy that they're back at home, real home, not fake home, real home. And yeah, they're looking both teams looking to bounce back. But I don't see Port winning this one.
Speaker 1: Nah, It's gonna be a tough one. Port rosie out obviously. Now with the hamstring. I've got Geelong winning this. I've got Tomahawk.
Speaker 3: It's going to kick a goal this week.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: Can we go cock logs, locks on single legs like goal kickers.
Speaker 1: Or you do whatever you want with your cock your business.
Speaker 2: I'm not picking. I'm not picking Tom Hawk. I'm staying off. He will kick a goal. He's going to kick a goal. But yeah, I'm going to go Yeah, Geelong to win that one. Jess Cameron's gotta we love Jazz, we love. He had a couple of little wavering moments last week, which is very unlike him. So I feel he's going to go psycho this weekend, and I feel bad for Port because they're going to have to be in the way of it.
Speaker 1: It's going to be an interesting one. Along this one'll move on to the next one. Free versus Sydney at Optis we talked about this very underrated team. I feel like this year interesting, isn't it. Sydney Big W versus WS last week. Yeah, get a bit of momentary.
Speaker 2: Shout out to Big W not a sponsor of the podcast.
Speaker 3: But.
Speaker 1: Sydney obviously very very good team right now. Freeo also very good team, coming off a big win last week. It's their home game over there in Perth.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be a tough one, but I'm going to go. Most people probably pick Sidney on this one. I'm going to actually choose Free. I'm going to back Frio in this.
Speaker 2: I was actually looking at it going like I'm thinking Freo as well, because we look at those midfields and geez they Free, I rack them up.
Speaker 1: They so wrong.
Speaker 2: Young was massive last week, so I think they can go to head to head with Sydney, who have just an absolute force in there in the midfield. But what I do like about Frio is they can shut those games down. They can shut the ship out of a game, and I feel like they might be able to do that against Sydney at home. I feel like I'm going to get on the Frio train.
Speaker 1: The fog, the Grundy versus Sean Doris.
Speaker 2: Big genuine r clashing bodies into each other.
Speaker 1: It'll be great.
Speaker 3: Nothing sexier than that.
Speaker 2: All it.
Speaker 1: Everyone. I hope it's raining. Oh baby, we'll get into the next game. Hawthorne versus Saint Kilda down at Littnie. We're going down to Tasmania. Let's get this tazzy devils Devil's team, Let's get some of their future supporters up and about. Get him over there watching the Hawthorn versus Saint Kill. The game Hawthorne coming off a big win, Yeah, come off big win against the Western Bulldogs and Saint Killed absolutely smashing at North Melbourne last week, gonna be an interesting one of.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go St Kilda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a It's an interesting game for different reasons, isn't it not. It wouldn't put it as a blockbuster on paper, but yeah, both teams coming off a handy win. Probably Hawthorne's a bit more impressive, but yeah, I don't jeepers down down in Tazzy.
Speaker 1: What would you do?
Speaker 2: Would you start pulling your club out of Tazzy knowing that you know, like Tazzy's gonna get a team in there.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the interesting wasting kind of time there. Well, Halthorn is sponsored by Tasmania, like Tasmania's you know, I guess tourist organization is gonna stop spoting. I'm sure they will move that sponsorship over to the Tazzy Devils once they come in, and there's no.
Speaker 3: Doubt about that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I guess you got to fulfill that contract while it still exists with half ORNs.
Speaker 2: You know where I would go. I'd probably go I wouldn't go to a Chuka. Sorry a chucker, that's a bit traitorous of me.
Speaker 3: But some love to your home area.
Speaker 2: I reckon get up to Aubrey. Aubrey's big joint. Plenty of people to get around. Aubrey Wodonga. You take both. Yeah, you wouldn't say, hey, stay over at your side region. You take Aubrey with Doonga and you take that as a region. You go up there. They've got really good facilities. The storm went up there during the hub lockdown stuff.
Speaker 1: They're playing Ballarat, so then it makes sense. It's better.
Speaker 2: It's better Ballarat's cold. Get up there more towards the Sunday. Anyway, back onto this, I was deflecting to give myself more time before I said Saints will win this one. I reckon, Saints get the They're getting the train back on the tracks to ROSSI going towards finals, so I'll give this one to the Saints. Oh man, it's good to see Hawks get the dub game.
Speaker 1: It's just in different places, you know, you showing the love around the country. We'll move it to the next game, Essendon versus g WS at Marvel just because that Marvel.
Speaker 2: It makes it interesting because Essendon, they chase, they they bring the pressure, they got the good forwards, they got Zachi Merrit and the guts. He gets his thirty plus and he kicks a couple of goals, tackles his little ass off.
Speaker 1: Why you're putting this? Do you sound like you're gonna go against your boys? Yeah? No, is that true.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna, but it's one of those ones that I'm I'm I'm not confident about it at all, but I will go GWS because they kind of making a bit of a fool of me of late, because I say they win anywhere any time, and apparently they can't win anywhere at any time. So get a win in this one and Essendon what I will say, lowest percentage in the eight by a country mile. So something's got to even up there. Something's got to even up the blog GWS, or they should probably lose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just gonna piss you off. I just love that I'm shooting your accident just to just to make you mad. At the end of the big fella, Jakie Stringer is gonna kick five. He's gonna barrel through some people. I don't want to just make a mockery of you. You give me a d M at the end of this game.
Speaker 2: Freaking Essendon scuff on or something out of here, Come on the Giants.
Speaker 1: Big big sound, big big sound.
Speaker 3: It is west of Melbourne, Marvel.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we'll go into Richmond versus the Western Bulldogs of the MCG. Actually an interesting matchup obviously. Western Bulldogs quite a bit of headlines this week as every week they lose. Unfortunate for them to have to deal with that. Richmond quite a few injuries. Yeah, it's not going so well for them at the moment at the MCG.
Speaker 3: I think the Bulldogs would get.
Speaker 1: This Bulldogs bounce back.
Speaker 3: This kills it.
Speaker 2: Where if you've been following the Bulldogs, they go terrible as performance writing's like coming out, they got the newspaper articles, they got all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Backs against the wall.
Speaker 2: Then they get a win, just to have a little breath above water, and then straight back under whoever their verse in the week after the will probably flog them again. So they come out, they get this done. I'm looking ahead. Should I look ahead and trap? Yeah, okay, I'm gonna do it.
Speaker 1: It's gone.
Speaker 2: Western Bulldogs are my cock lo How crazy is that? I would have never made I would have never have thunk that one. But yeah, it's just a hard week to pick.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's not.
Speaker 2: I just feel like Richmond are just decimated by injury, so it's going to be a rough all trot from don't have injuries, wine, they just can't win footy.
Speaker 1: Just win this one, would you.
Speaker 3: The absolutely that was there for.
Speaker 2: The big Fords to lead in so it should help the Bulldogs.
Speaker 1: Okay, to the next game, Gold Coast versus North Melbourne Football Club Stadium up in Darwin. Look, I was gonna straight up about Cockrocker the week, my boys, the sun's going to get up over North Melbourne. I knew you up in there. They play well in the northern territory of the Gold Coast Suns. They you know, they're up in Queensland. It's a bit sweaty up there, a bit humid, you know, the same thing goes.
Speaker 2: It's a bit Stewart Jewey up there.
Speaker 1: Classic dad joke. He's not there anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 2: If I if I was part of the t I O stadium up there, part of the Darwin board up there picking and choosing what games, I probably asked for a bit of a discount on this one. When Gold Coast North up there, Ripper, Hey, they're searching fire and wine for some North fans out there. Maybe they're in Darwin. So we'll get to see who turns up to this one. But I don't think they'll.
Speaker 1: Get the w.
Speaker 2: I got to back in Gold Coast to get the rebound, and I very much think it's going to be a strong outing for do you want to go over under on audience for this one? Oh God, I'm just thinking it's going to be.
Speaker 1: It's going to be.
Speaker 2: Is gold Coast going to be carrying the load?
Speaker 1: Here?
Speaker 2: Is Gold Coast going to have like a whole heap of fans up there? It is up there, like, oh god, there's going to be there will be.
Speaker 1: Right, this will be what it is, right fans.
Speaker 2: There will be three thousand there and they'll say that there was six thousand there.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: I'll go over five thousand. Yeah, but there won't be, but they'll say there is.
Speaker 3: It's all good for the game, right.
Speaker 1: We'll move it to the next game, Adelaide versus Brisbane at Adelaide Oval Adelaide coming off a big win over Port Adelaide last week. Yeah, who do you have in this one. I've got Adelaide, I got the dub helm. Last week they're on a bit of tear against Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: Harrow Is Rotchie reserve team could have beat Gold Coast last week.
Speaker 3: You don't say that.
Speaker 1: Did you watch the game?
Speaker 2: Brisbane looked okay and then they lost four players. So yeah, it's they're going to be taking a young team over to Adelaide and it'll be if they can win this. This is one of those ones. Circle the wagon rally, the troops get over there, get the w get out back to Brisbane and you might be underway. I just don't see it happening because Adelaide's on the run. They got the players on the park.
Speaker 3: Adelaide at home.
Speaker 1: They seem to be going pretty well this year. I mean it's it's tough not to pick them. So I'm going to go Adelaide to win that one. Now, the last one of the round, Collingwood versus West Coast, we have a big travel coming up.
Speaker 3: It's not my favorite travel.
Speaker 2: You catch your team bus over with individual cars.
Speaker 1: We walked to the mcg and we drive to Marvel as far as we travel, but yeah, West Coast Eagles very calling it at Marvel. Few people are going to be out this week, I think with us. Obviously Bow's got concussion. I don't like this game at all.
Speaker 2: I always hate this game all Marvel a few years ago. That's why it makes me nervous. One Marvel bit weird, spooky bit.
Speaker 1: There's a playing at your boss's house, which is really odd AFL house. I hate playing it, like, I mean, like, can you imagine going and being like, hey, you know mine, just like coming over doing a bit of work at the house. Do you if your boss said that it's really weird. It's a bit weird. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's above the tribunal tribunals underneath it.
Speaker 3: Andrew Delan is looking upon us, you know, with the doctor Evil.
Speaker 2: Just something about Marvel. I mean it's probably great for the home teams that are at Marvel, but we.
Speaker 3: Are the home team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, West Coast they seem to get up to play calling.
Speaker 1: They love playing between us after this and yeah, Greenie.
Speaker 2: They take it very personally. They just want to beat you every time. The fact that they're actually playing some okay footy is a bit freaky because.
Speaker 3: That's into the line last week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Are you excited because you get to see Harley Reid in the flesh, in the flesh, not just in the papers, not just on the footy shows, You get to see Harley Reid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'm excited for this one. It'll be good.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, it's by no means. I think you look at the beginning of the year West Coast, a lot of people are probably looking at last year and the way they finished and the credit to them, they've been playing really well. So yeah, you know, we'll have a bit we'll have to dive into on you know, opposition analysis and things like that.
Speaker 2: Interesting, interesting game. Obviously we're going Collingwood. But I don't like it. I never like it. Just get the win, thank the win, and move on.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for that vote of confidence. It really was convincing. We're going to move into one of our favorite parts now the footy is done, and we're going to ask the footy questions and the questions from the audience on the social media. We put it up on Instagram every single week to answer your questions of what's going on on a life a bit of dating, bit of footy, bit of everything. You know, just give you an update of what's happening. Now do you want to run.
Speaker 2: Jump into this? Because they're normally directed at you. So I'm the question guy, how many running bounces have you had in your career? That's from Burt Pie's fifty.
Speaker 1: Five two goals from three bounces. One bounce on a wing, didn't have such, just didn't have a shot at goal, and then two that were a bouncing on the run slotted it. Geelong, Geelong and Fremantle, I think too.
Speaker 3: I want to say, yeah.
Speaker 1: You did have something against gold Coast.
Speaker 3: Gold Coast is the one on the wing.
Speaker 1: I think I was subbed in and there was no one on the wing, and then I was just in a paddock and the ball got switched to me and I was like what do I do? And I accidentally played on and I had about thirty meters as a cover, so I had to bounce it. Yeah. Right, Luckily it came back to me in some shape or fashion. I'm not really sure. I think Pendle's bounced off a pigeon better, and I did that actually myself.
Speaker 2: I think Max Gorne is proud of the fact that he hasn't added career bounds.
Speaker 3: Credit to him too.
Speaker 2: It's pretty impressive. Now, how many touches head. That's what happens when midfielders are hungry after a night game. How do you fall asleep after being so hyped?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's very tough. Sometimes players will take sleeping medication, a bit of magnesium, you know, and stuff like that. Yeah, people have that. I actually didn't have any of that this week, and I paid the price nill til four am. You finish, you do a bit of recovery and everything after with that late game seven forty start. You might get back to the club rou I'm eleven thirty midnight, a bit of recovery in there till twelve thirty one ish, and then you get home and you try to find some food. At that point you had to cook up some food, stared at the ceiling for about two hours, couldn't fall asleep, and then eventually got sleep. But then the next day you have it off, so you can kind of like sleep in. So it is a rough deal. It's one of the worst parts about it.
Speaker 2: But do you ever go down to the beach and do that beach recovery stuff?
Speaker 3: At midnight.
Speaker 1: No, like the next morning, next morning.
Speaker 2: Like the responsible players get up, go down the beach and go out like at six am.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm not a six am or I will. I will go to the club. I live like right around the corner from the club, so I just kind of walk over there and I took my bike in this week you know, you're a little person, which was nice. And then did a bunch of recovering stuff over there, which was good.
Speaker 2: Like a beach in the arve kind of guy, tasty. I subscribe to the fact that I don't like sand. Sands not great myself. Sands gets in shit in your socks and your hair.
Speaker 1: It takes ages to get out.
Speaker 2: Not a big fan of wind. Yeah, both things always exist at the beach. But we all love the beach so.
Speaker 1: Clean experience, and then you want to shower shraft in it. It's just like it's just annoyance.
Speaker 2: But it's something that we've been told we have to like it, so we like it. This one's good because I do podcasts after podcast with you, and I never asked, yeah, because I'm not a very caring, empathetic person.
Speaker 1: How's your hand, Oh the hand, Yeah, it's good. It's actually recovering pretty well still, but swollen and stuff.
Speaker 2: Here I saw it you wear when you take your glove off, it's like a shield, little.
Speaker 3: Cast that doesn't allow it to kind of like bend bad.
Speaker 2: It looks kind of like the Phantom of the Opera mask that little half mile.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should do that. There's a little look into the future. It's good now it's going well. Yeah, it's progressing in the right direction.
Speaker 2: So you're not gloving for the whole year hopefully not.
Speaker 1: No, I'm hoping maybe another week or two, and then maybe the glove's gone and you've been putting it up your leg tights what do they call it? Skins? Skins whenever I do such shots. Yeah, so it's a bit of a thing. But I think that's the next question. Actually, Britt, you've led us straight into the next.
Speaker 2: Well, the hand thing was from Rob Klack, but yeah, this one, why do you take that? It's more why why do you take the glove off? When you're having a set shot that's from Elisa.
Speaker 3: You get more consistency, I think on your grip.
Speaker 1: So does it stick or does it slide? It's well to pay if it's wright outside, it slides. But if it's like kind of dry, sometimes sticks. So whenever you have like a hand's like what are you train with? You train with your hands? So yeah, whenever you, whenever I do try to take it off. Unfortunate whenever you, because then you go to somehow jig that thing back on.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's sit there looking like an idiot for a little bit.
Speaker 2: But I didn't notice that because the second time when you did miss the first time, I could see it dangling out the bottom of your's skins. Second time I was like, where deal? What do you do with this glovey shelvet or something like? How do you put that thing back on that quick?
Speaker 1: You just try to It's not pretty. But like we had to stop at shraft so it worked out. But yeah, unique experience say that.
Speaker 2: How many days would you last on? How many days would you last on a loan Australia? This is from your mate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Corb love you, bro, I love you. Thank you for putting the out. I need to know what a loan Australia is. It's essentially gets stuck in the Tasmania. The first season was You're Stuck in the Tasmanian wilderness by yourself, and you have to survive longer than any other people. So it's any player that gets drafted to this new team.
Speaker 3: Well it's yeah.
Speaker 1: I was going to say it's kind of like one of the team's off season training schedules, but I won't go I want to go there. Yeah, it's you get dropped off in the dwiliderans. You have to last longer than the other contestants. Right, Yeah, I love this because it's from my friend who is just He is the person I go to for outdoor education. Right, he's the man. So the answer is definitely not as long as this man. I don't think I would last. I'd last longer than the average person. I would say I'd be able to probably make a fire and finding food question mark.
Speaker 2: But you wouldn't forage for berries, but you could get stuff from the trees.
Speaker 1: How many days can you go without food? Seven seven days? It's water that gets you. I'd find water. So I'm going to go ten days, ten days and that would be done.
Speaker 2: And if you don't make it out, you have to marry your cousin. I think that's how it works. Let's jump into it. YEA food people want to know what American food or rest. I want one of these American food and an American restaurant that you miss the most.
Speaker 1: That's from Joseph Lemon. I get this all the time. American food, barbecue and Mexican food. Mexican food here not the same. I need someone like someone's family run business where like out the back, making like a traditional Mexican either one. To be honest, I don't like goozs and domes right, that's like as close as goose Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Looking for a sponsor, I.
Speaker 1: Would actually like food. I don't even give a about money. Just get me food. I miss them as much as you want. If we have a sponsor, now, American restaurant. I'm a Chick fil A man. If anyone's ever been to America like Chick fil yeah he did. Actually he knows that because that's the first thing I eat. Like. I land in Dallas Airport and there's a Chick fil A in the airport, I go get that before I leave the air get my bags. What's your Chick fil A?
Speaker 3: Order?
Speaker 1: Spiced chicken sandwich, would put pepper jack cheese on top, and then an Arnold Palmer drink, which is half the sweet tea, half lemonade. It is just diabetes in a cup. Great intro to America. Do I do chips? I feel like they do deep so good. Such a waste of potato like mass, I feel like a waff of fry. But I don't care how big the cup. Oh man, you got to get the large is what is not even available in this country.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's ones where they have to sell the a Stanley.
Speaker 1: Cup if you know what I'm talking about massive, So there's that. But yeah, that's the two.
Speaker 2: I think your dad actually look after you as well. It was like, oh, what was the worst thing he did growing up as a kid, And he was like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to think. It wasn't too bad.
Speaker 1: It was pretty good.
Speaker 3: I got caught out past curfew a few times.
Speaker 1: Did you.
Speaker 2: Did you listen to the podcast with you and your brother? You said like you stole the truck or whatever and used to drive it down the hill.
Speaker 3: I used to roll down.
Speaker 1: We used to turn it off and then put the clutch ink so it was a manual and just rolled down the hill into the driveway.
Speaker 3: I mean, sorry, I.
Speaker 2: Hope you didn't listen to that podcast because you know a few things. Let's move into the dating all adults now dating questions. I wanted to start off with this one, but you got to name a player from Collingwood. I want both a player that you would never let date your daughter and a player that you would love to date your daughter.
Speaker 1: I would say Patlapinsk. Oh, yeah, he's the nicest. He's a beautiful human. So the offspring is going to be amazing, or at least half of it will beautiful. He's the nicest human you ever meet. P Penske is the person I think I'm going to pick. Now, who would I not want to date my daughter? Jesus is an interesting one.
Speaker 3: To say.
Speaker 1: I was about to throw one under the vice. I don't going to say this, but who I'm rolling through and rolling through? Oh man, that's a tough one. Maybe And people would say like Jordan de Gooie, you know whoever it is at the clubs, No, people were pretty like is like corn or smells are the best.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: Bo McCree maybe, yeah, I think he's a bit of a I mean, he'll he'll openly admit he's a bogan.
Speaker 3: He just has cars.
Speaker 1: Were hooning around all the time with a loud kind of spoiler like they would just annoy the shit out of me.
Speaker 2: As he's coming around, you can hear him coming from a block away with the subwolfers. He comes bow to pick up my great.
Speaker 3: I'm sitting on the front porch with a shotgown.
Speaker 2: That's where that's that's where the rough as guts comes from.
Speaker 1: I feel, yeah, And he's probably okay with me saying that. To be honest, I've actually dogged him in twice day with his driving. Okay, let's go to the next one.
Speaker 3: What do you go for?
Speaker 2: How many dates know who you are? So the people that you go on a date with, they're like, they know who you are? Is it more than fifty percent?
Speaker 1: Would you say? I would say this sounds like a big headed thing to talk about, but I would say most dude, No, Yeah, they've done a bit of research. Everyone kind of like researches somewhere before they meet him though, right, that's pretty normal.
Speaker 2: Today for any constellation. I say, like, people go, oh, he does podcasts, and so who do you do a podcast with? And I say, oh, Mason Cox and more than fifty percent?
Speaker 1: Go guy, Yeah, that's correct. They know me for the wrong reason.
Speaker 2: It's right that guy, Ah, that guy, Yeah, so's I guess it's the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A lot of people kind of like don't say anything, but then once they kind of bring up, like what do you do, then all of a sudden they have a lot of opinions and knowledge around what I do. And I'm like, yeah, I think you're That's why I say. I'd literally say that anyway. But we'll move to the next on audio you got for us?
Speaker 2: If you get a girlfriend, will we tell people?
Speaker 1: That's a huge yeh, big if.
Speaker 2: Because without a lot of comments of people going we already think that you have a girlfriend.
Speaker 1: There's there's actually a lot of those that called me up the other day. Who works for a publisher, let's just say that of some paper that goes out into the media, who asked me if I had a girlfriend the.
Speaker 3: Other day and would you tell the true I said, not to my knowledge. Do you know anyone?
Speaker 1: Come on, shoot straight? Would you would you tell people?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I would tell people. I wouldn't have an issue with it. I'm not how long I am a kind of like I do not talk about my personal too much.
Speaker 2: If we were talking about this off podcast, how many dates you reckon you've got to go before you become boyfriend?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean if you put a number on it, it's on the record.
Speaker 3: Dependent.
Speaker 1: I mean, this sounds terrible, but I'm talking like ten plus ten plus? Is that?
Speaker 3: Is that absurd to say? Is ten plus?
Speaker 2: I won't dive into the other stuff around like how many people are you seeing at the same time type stuff, because we have been asked that before.
Speaker 1: You have to say like one year exclusively too. You have to be like, look, we're proper boyfriend and girl. Like that's a chat, that's a that's a sit down chat. It's so far away from me to have that chat.
Speaker 2: So it actually I don't even need to know, like how you even go about that, because I feel like, because I'm a guy, I'm like I just I feel like it's me hanging around you for an extended period of time. It just slowly he melds into like we're a couple, So you wouldn't have the conversation. I couldn't even fathom being like, hey, can you be my girlfriend?
Speaker 1: That's older? You kill me? Kill me, I'm thirty four. Excuse me? Do you reckon you could be my girlfriend. Oh kill me, dude, No chance, I'm going to die your partner. I think I'm going to die alone for sure if you have to do that. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Ten dates over here? Ten dates? Ten dates you know would.
Speaker 1: Be having a wedding.
Speaker 3: Women have met my family in under ten dates there.
Speaker 2: Will Yeah, Well, can't avoid Philly's everywhere.
Speaker 1: Seriously, he's an absolute man in the town.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you got to if you want to date Mason Cox, you got to be able to have a cook off with like Phil It's got to be like you come around and you wouldn't he wouldn't let you touch the grill, but like Smoker the guy, but you've got to be like hanging around it.
Speaker 3: Do you want to know the truth? There is? There is a process, right, and my friend's timing this all the time. Right.
Speaker 1: There's two gatekeepers my life. There's my mother, which is a very I love her, but she can be judgmental.
Speaker 2: What what's the tactics, fair, what's the tactics to get in with Mom's.
Speaker 1: And I'm not going to say the tactics like use this against me? But there's two levels to this. There's the mother. And then there's my like best friend Lisa who's married to Korb, who we mentioned earlier in this podcast, and she is the og like tells me straight, I feel like she's gonna want savage. She's savage.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: It's openly sad. So she like I hate her. She shouldn't say hey, but she go, what are you doing? Yeah, she'd be going, Mason, that's not you, that's not you. It's great to have them. Yeah, So you got to get through the two gatekeepers who're sitting there as bodyguards to the Cox Kingdom. So it's not Phil fel.
Speaker 3: Film. If I follow you befriend them.
Speaker 1: You were telling me the.
Speaker 2: Story about Phil going out to Tergon.
Speaker 3: What this is a wild story.
Speaker 1: So my parents are sitting there and they've got a day where I'm doing like pregame stuff whoever it is, right, So they've got down the round in Melbourne and they went and did their own thing. The next day, we're having dinner, I said, oh, what'd you get up to yesterday? So I went to Chalgon as you do, casual, casual trip for a day trip. You know, very we love trying, you know, we love out out East wouldn't be the place I would picture my parents going on a day off.
Speaker 3: Is what were you doing out there? He goes, Oh, I go see my cheer squad friends. And I was like what.
Speaker 1: And apparently, through the magic of Twitter or ex whatever the hell we're going to call it, now, he's made friends to the point where he's gone and visited them on his day off and taking a three or two or however many hour train ride. It's a lot to go hang out for the day. And I was just blown away and I was like, this is the most phil Cox thing ever. All Right, that's enough about the Cox family.
Speaker 2: We do like talking about him, but we want to get back into the dating stuff because people want to know what's the worst place for a first date?
Speaker 1: Now we could there's plenty of worst places.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a lot of bad ones.
Speaker 1: You know what. Actually, someone told me this story this week. They went to the Carlton versus Collingwood game as a first date. That's dumb. The guy brought the girl as a first date and it was a terrible experience. It went awful because you can imagine as a Carlton fan watching the game very you know, back and forth game hyped up, screaming at people all kind of obscenities, and the girls just sitting there like not really a fan of football and just getting on a first date going this guy is insane, But it really shows your bad side at a football game. Probably not a great first impression to go on a first date, worth because there's the.
Speaker 2: Way it's like, so if you're a Collingwood Carleton supporter, like one aag terrible idea. If you're both like one team, like if you're both Collingwood, yeah, the risk is there that you lose, and then it's miserable. So there's only there's only one tiny slither of like if you both win game, you're up and about you go out for drinks and then who knows. But yeah, it's it's and it's three four hours.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's a real commitment for a first date.
Speaker 1: And you're probably beating their friends and stuff because they've got season tickets maybe, and they're sitting around the same people and you're like.
Speaker 2: She's sitting side by side, so you've got to keep like looking at each other.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, yeah really and it's cold, and I just don't think it shows the best side of people. I'll say that just from my personal experience of some of the volatile things that have been thrown to me. Yeah, the game place, that's a that's a good one.
Speaker 3: That's a bad first date.
Speaker 2: The footy, Yeah, that's a really good one. Because there's plenty of others.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you could, I mean you could. You can name a million.
Speaker 2: We won't go we won't go too far because my head goes to some terrible places personal experiences. How many second dates have you been on in twenty twenty four? That's a great question.
Speaker 3: How second dates? You're saying yeah, so not like so not over second.
Speaker 2: Great if you had one and it was one successful one that led to a third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, And then.
Speaker 1: The question question how many second dates? Honest answer, I've probably been on five or six maybe Jesus, Is that good? Is that good?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just kind of you know that that's a deep question. Is that good?
Speaker 3: That is a good date?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 3: I guess a coffee would be a coffee or someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like people are going to drive and rattle off a few cheap dates with you now because they got to get up their numbers to number ten. And I've had a second thought as well, is surely they're trying to have the who are we? What are we chat before you get to date ten, So you're like, that's when, really, that's when you're getting to date ten, you're starting to think about it. They're probably thinking it after date five, date five, Yeah, and then they're probably putting the heat on you, and you're saying dumb shit like, oh, we're just having fun. It's just having fun. It's a great let's not labels on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's that's actually.
Speaker 1: Five. I think that's I don't want to say four would probably be realistic. Not really, any of them have kind of like, yeah, gone anywhere? How many can we do a full period? How many first dates? That's not necessary information, mate, that is not necessary information. But what is your what is your number? Gets real?
Speaker 2: Sad play the sad music zero second zero second dates. It's not through lack of trying. I reckon, I reckon. I've had six dates. It might be eight because my tactic is I do dates in twos and then gaps. Yeah okay, and yeah they've been not great, but yeah, that's zero second day it hasn't been a second day for a while. It's I looked at Harrison so some like a thumbs up or something like buddy, yeah, but it just like he just lets me drown as stupid weird little faces that he does. But second dates that coming soon. I had a couple of shockers this week and I'm not gonna don't want to dive into I told you off camera, I can't get it.
Speaker 1: It was actually a yeah. I mean it's not even it's not safe for work n s f W. I can't be on.
Speaker 2: It'll get a strike from YouTube. And it's not for like a salacious cool reason, like just a ship reason. But like if I was going to say something broad, I had two dates and the first date was like really good and then turned south really sharply.
Speaker 1: Between you having this interesting date and the old lady grabbing my ass after the game, it's an interesting week for both of us.
Speaker 2: So you, yeah, that's not a date. I don't think yours is a date.
Speaker 1: I think she thought it was, that's for sure, the quick thirty second photos grabbing at your date, and it wasn't. It was a full cup. It was a full cup and she went for seconds after I talked it stop.
Speaker 3: It was not appropriate.
Speaker 1: We don't like that. We don't like that. Might have been a Carlton fantastic come on, but we'll move on. You get a win. But yeah, and then I had a second date. How about this one?
Speaker 2: This one's sadder because I went out for coffee for the second one because I had work in the afternoon. And then I'm normally a good sense I told you about that other one where I was like, I knew I was no chance, but you throw the second date line out there and it gets And this one, I was like, full, like we had I thought it was a good day. I thought we were really vibing. Yeah, coffee date went really well. How long is a coffee date?
Speaker 3: Not long, It depends how good it is.
Speaker 2: And yeah, but it went for like three hours or something. Yeah, it's a fucking long date with someone that you don't like.
Speaker 1: And then at the end, I was like, oh, I love that. That was great. Thanks for taking me to her locals. She was like my local off. I was like, this was great, Let's do it again. Sometimes little joke that was like from the date and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fully ghosted, oh wow fully fully ghosted.
Speaker 1: It was brutal. I was like, shit, I didn't see it coming.
Speaker 3: Maybe it wasn't as nice as a daisy thought. Yeah, yeah, did she keep asking for the bill?
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm not aware at all.
Speaker 3: She keep looking around the place I contact with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's I thought? That means good stuff.
Speaker 3: It's a bad sign. She's looking for the exit.
Speaker 2: She kept waving to the guy bringing around there. So so check please, I need the check anyway. I'm not trusting myself anymore. I'm just going to stop asking that now. You got to keep first dates only.
Speaker 3: Because we need to fill this. We need to find some kind of entertainment. That is it.
Speaker 1: That is everything as always, Thank you so much everyone for answering the questions and putting some questions in. Sorry, and we'll do it again next week. So have a lookout every Monday night we put it out. Yeah, so I have a look to get your your shout out on the podcast. But massive thank you for everyone for being part of the community, jumping in and contributing.
Speaker 3: But that is it from us.
Speaker 1: That is the preview and a bit of personal life and fun, little dating questions everything else, as we always do on the podcast, Happy time, happy happy times. But everyone else, thank you so much for listening, and have an incredible rest of your week. All the best for your footy tipping for the wake, Hopefully it goes well and we'll talk to you next week. Nice see it.