Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Television legend Carrie Ane Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pivot.
Speaker 1: Sell the things that make more sense than others. Bring pikes, nurseries, mercury, pikes, p y k e s Hey, why I hey, as in kill hey, why okay? Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adults.
Speaker 3: Wood, Why is your life so expensive? I'm not even having.
Speaker 4: A good chime.
Speaker 1: This is just a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: What about me? Don't forget.
Speaker 1: He is mixture and yeah, I feel a little dusty of episode seventy Mitchell Day.
Speaker 2: Guys, welcome along. I'm feeling fine. Actually, all being.
Speaker 1: Considered, feel like a copse.
Speaker 5: You don't drink much, so I feel like you're always gonna to suffer.
Speaker 2: More so.
Speaker 5: Last night, guys, we were at Kyle Sandaland's fiftieth birthday.
Speaker 1: Kyle Sandylands fiftieth boat party. Thank you very much. I got boat music and we can talk about it.
Speaker 2: Of course you did.
Speaker 1: It took me so long to find this Kyle's boat party on Sydney Bloody Harbor.
Speaker 5: I feel like this music is a bit more like pirate ship.
Speaker 2: We were on a super yacht.
Speaker 1: Is this hot on? This might be the right horn? Yes, that's it.
Speaker 5: How cheeky of me, by the way, I rsbp'd yes when I was invited, when I was still working for Kyle and Jackie O and then I resigned and was like sucked in. I already areb pizza, so I'll see you there.
Speaker 1: I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Prize keeper Jennis here as well.
Speaker 1: Hello, you were invited to the party because you worked for nemesis of Kyle, Sandalans, Jonesy and Amanda.
Speaker 5: Yes, so last night the boat party. I did not realize we were actually talking about it. We were like, oh, you shouldn't real well, let's not really talk about it on the podcast. It's probably not that interesting to other people.
Speaker 1: Wrong.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how much outside interest there was.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Like I get that he's, you know, the highest paid broadcaster and Estrowlian history, but like, I didn't realize people gave a fuck about his birthday party. There were perhaps following us on other boats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, literal dinghies following our super yocht.
Speaker 5: It was on seven News. There was a shot of me going for what was probably my forty ninths on.
Speaker 1: Top of that fuck me from behind. I looked like a blowing a whale on the boat.
Speaker 2: You know how I get the Sunday paper delivered?
Speaker 1: Yes, you did, because you got my stellar last week front page? Was it? Yeah? Have you in it?
Speaker 2: I wasn't on the page that was the birthday.
Speaker 5: All saying is I didn't realize people cared so much, but apparently they do.
Speaker 1: We had to get there at a certain time, thirty minutes before the boat docked. We're walking together and then there's paparazzi. Anyway, the paparazzi. You've never seen a paparazzo lift and then drop his camera quicker.
Speaker 2: He was like, He's like, I don't know who those fucking clowns are.
Speaker 1: Don't want to waste my card space. It's certainly a twelve years So we walk on the boat and anyway, the boat leaves and then Kyle, how long about thirty minutes into the boat?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Probably?
Speaker 5: But yeah, he arrived on his own boat and joined us in the middle of the harbor, and I had to jump from one boat to the other.
Speaker 2: Are you right?
Speaker 5: I feel like, hell, oh, Jenna, can I tell you why. He feels like, hew, no, I don't know why. Well, a bit of a team intervention needs to happen. I feel no, because here I am being mocked by you guys because of my little vaping habit, and you call me things like disgusting and like, oh, that's so bad for you.
Speaker 1: You're vaulting.
Speaker 2: Well, guess who.
Speaker 5: Jenna, much like a newborn calf to its mother's teeth, was suckling away on a vapory and out produced the contracepto hung a sho up.
Speaker 1: Today, he's not even here. No one has heard from Samy hasn't surface.
Speaker 2: And so I'm coppying all this flag.
Speaker 5: Our listeners are on board the road thing, tagging me and shit, you know, being like oh the dangers of vaping, all this vaping means, And I'm like, why am I coppying this when everyone's doing it?
Speaker 2: Jenna owns one? Jenna, Yes, Jenna had the vape.
Speaker 1: Do you vape? No? I don't you just have one.
Speaker 6: It's just a souvenir bullshit.
Speaker 1: Let me just say, let me paint a picture for you. So you're there, You're on the bardy one's having fun. You've got Yeah, there's gulls in the distance, drinking partying. Someone goes here, try a melon, grapefruit jamboree. So it wasn't your horse, No, it wasn't Marc ha it was someone. It's like, tryes and not trying to coughed my lungs up. You were there. I almost had cardiac arrest on the deck of the ship. That would have been horrific. What do they say to us? They were like, oh, there's a code word if the boat sinks.
Speaker 2: Well, that's actually what my igym's about. So can you not bring this out?
Speaker 1: Sorry?
Speaker 2: Hooked you in filad The issue with us not telling each other ourages?
Speaker 1: Very true, very true. There was a good flavor though, great, great for it. Maybe I'm thinking.
Speaker 5: Grapefruit once again. If you haven't started vaping, don't start. Don't because the reason that I got myself in a spot of bother is because I became hooked on them. And I wasn't just social vaping. I was starting to do it like all the time in bed at home and stuff. So that's what I'm quitting, exactly doing it at home. I locked them in the storeroom downstairs, did you actually? So it's like a lot of effort to go and get them. I have to find the keys and shit. Oh god, Well it's going to be a fun show. It's your first time listening. This is Is it just Oh god?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: You want me to do it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I think I've got it. This is it just me? We start the show the same way every week, with two gyms. Something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate.
Speaker 2: Is it just me? If you hear some people get confused, yes.
Speaker 1: And it's I JM.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: People like I've got an E d J I seven am. It's like, what the fuck? Where'd you get as feeling from? Mitch doesn't know mine? I don't know Mitch's. We also have a guest coming up later in the show. We spoke to Channel Tan's Angela Bishop.
Speaker 5: Yes, we've been saying we're going to get her on the podcast for ages. We bought up with her a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 5: We spoke to her about the time that she also rocked up to work hungover and had a bit of a blow up at a celeb because she was a bit had a bit of a short view because she was hungover, and also all the time she spent with Oprah in Australia. And yes, regular listeners if you're wondering, I did ask her something that she thinks is better than drugs.
Speaker 2: Indeed she added to the list.
Speaker 1: She had a good answer to it, she did.
Speaker 2: You'll hear that later on.
Speaker 1: We did also ask if she remembers my drunk encounter that it happened, happened a couple weeks ago. Yes, stand by for that. Hey.
Speaker 5: By the way, speaking of Channel ten, yeah, I wanted to show you this thing I saw on TikTok the other day. Someone posted a video watching ten News in Melbourne and they were like.
Speaker 2: Sorry, what was that news reader's name? Did I hear that? Correctly? I put the audio over there.
Speaker 1: For you, okay, ten News grab Yeah, listen to this.
Speaker 2: What do you think her name is?
Speaker 4: This is ten News First Melbourne with Jennifer.
Speaker 2: Cutt Good Evening Altallo, Jennifer No, what do you think her name is?
Speaker 1: I mean it's quite it's Jennifer Kunt with Jennifer's cunt just.
Speaker 2: To own that name. No, with Jennifer Kite.
Speaker 1: Also there's a delay after she says it.
Speaker 4: This is ten Years First Melbourne with Jennifer kute, good evening.
Speaker 1: Or Jennifer, Oh, I know it's kite, but.
Speaker 5: A kite and can't found a line anyway, and Bishop coming up on the show later on, who wants to go first with them?
Speaker 2: You kind of already alluded to mine. You want me to go there?
Speaker 1: Please go first. I need to cough up like a nicotine, so I need you to talk back. Yes, it's not a monologue. Sorry, it just gives me more time to breathe. You can kick us off, all right, is it just me?
Speaker 5: Have you ever had to use an emergency code word before?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like we mentioned, we were at Kyle sant Alan's birthday party last night. It was a boat party, and before we took off into the ocean on the boat, they told us in the event of some sort of emergency, whether it be a sinking or some sort of shit like that, they would give us a certain code word. I can't remember what it was exactly. It was really weird, but let's just say, you know, it was May Day or whatever, and.
Speaker 1: It was something weirder than made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was really obscure.
Speaker 5: I can't even remember what it was, but not related to Montreal, something like that and then they'd give us all life jackets and stuff. But I had the same scenario when I worked at Macas. Oh god, we were trained. If an armed robber comes in and tries to rob you of the till, us all our checkout bitches at the front.
Speaker 1: Counter, seventeen year olds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was fourteen pimps.
Speaker 1: Broken yet you'd slip on the floor run.
Speaker 2: So we were trained. If someone comes into the store and.
Speaker 5: You know, says give me all the money in the till, you just give it to them because Macus has enough money.
Speaker 2: But you do have to use a code word that everyone else in the building, all the other staff are aware what it actually means. Can I get to alert everyone what it is?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: I was actually going to show you I've got I'm going to do a role play.
Speaker 6: Oh this is fun.
Speaker 2: So you're going to be the robber.
Speaker 1: Oh great, get type cast. I'd be robbing a Macus truth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I will be Mitchell Koon's the Macis employe. I've got some maccas ambience. Hi, what can I get for you today?
Speaker 1: See this this is a gun. I want you to open the till and I want you to give me all the nuggets and all the chips in this building and all the money.
Speaker 2: Okay, sir, no worries Ronald.
Speaker 1: Who's Ronald? Who's Ronald? See that's my problem, that's my problem.
Speaker 5: The code word to alert all the other macas staff that there's a robbery taking place with Ronald get the screen Monalds. So everyone heard it and they'd be like, fun, something's going down. Everyone knew what that meant. But I'm like, wouldn't that make the gunman a bit suss?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 6: What about if your name was Ronald?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Also, how ridiculous if you work at Gucci and someone's trying to rob it. I doubt that the cat tray should just be.
Speaker 5: Gucci Gucci stupid or at KFC canel.
Speaker 1: Like foot blow.
Speaker 2: It's not really the same, that's not their mascot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I never got to use the ronalds emergency alarm, thankfully.
Speaker 1: Did you hear anyone use it? No?
Speaker 2: I never. Also, everyone knew what it meant.
Speaker 1: But over this cacophony of fools.
Speaker 2: That is so triggering.
Speaker 5: And my mac has saw that I worked out in Forbes had the same fucking so fresh CD from two thousand and two for years playing on loop. Yes, it was always the same music and this.
Speaker 1: Oh what about it?
Speaker 6: If like a dad or something has a son named Ronald and he's in there, yeah, and he's like, come on, Ronald.
Speaker 1: Or there's a plat kid named Ronald in the staw that walks like you called me get shot in the head. So you're telling me it's like this, there are makers working. Maybe it's about this one.
Speaker 2: No, they're fucking play last with not this up to date. Let me assure twenty twenty one. So there's du they were playing holyvolance.
Speaker 1: Okay, whose.
Speaker 2: Dear you former neighbors.
Speaker 1: Are Oh I know this only yeah it mackers, yep, please take your bath yeap, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I could literally smell it. My uniform would reach.
Speaker 1: Now do the role player, we're the role playing.
Speaker 2: You're wasting time? What's your origin this chaos?
Speaker 1: All right? My turn? Is it just me? Have we gotten to a point where we really should have evolved through ingrown toenails?
Speaker 2: Wasn't this ingenous junk?
Speaker 4: Once?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: It was ingrowna was really unk.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh you deemed it's not good enough to use and.
Speaker 1: Now you're using it. No, No, because if I feel like it falls into the same category as adult circumcision, like we should just be we should it should be a surgery. You can elect to get at birth.
Speaker 2: Yeah that Plenty of people don't get circumcised.
Speaker 1: I know, but you could. But at birth you just try like.
Speaker 2: An uncut type person.
Speaker 1: That's your preference. Cut, I have another one, I have another one? Is it just me? Or is plain WiFi? The worst? Is that junk too?
Speaker 2: It's not just you? It's pretty ship, It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Isn't the worst thing ever? Doesn't work?
Speaker 2: No good chat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're listening to Is It Just Me? A podcast by a couple of mitches. Okay, keep us on the cloud, don't forget. You can leave us the five star review and that keeps the pod going, and you can do it on Facebook. We're getting a lot on there these days. Apple podcasts. Please five stars if you fancy it. Keeps us going plaus If your review gets right out on the podcast price Keeper generalill send you out a limited edition season three mark which you can buy.
Speaker 5: Yes, you can buy your own, or you can win it by a leaving a review. But if you hear your review read out, you have to message Jenna on our Instagram account at couple of miches to claim it within the first seven days.
Speaker 1: We are selling signed and non signed.
Speaker 2: If you want a piece, so link our Instagram by if you want to buy a mug.
Speaker 1: Becka Winfield Gillies has won herself one. She left us a review on Facebook. She says, when I discovered two of my favorite social media personalities had a podcast together, it was love at first listen throwing Jenna and Sam and it's a certified banger. I'm even willing to overlook the fact that the Blue Heelers theme song didn't make the top ten?
Speaker 2: You cared?
Speaker 1: Was that that dog show?
Speaker 2: Blue Heelers with like a cop show?
Speaker 1: Why do I think't a dog in there on the ocean? Isn't it ship? What a boat? Talk?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Becca, she says, always look forward to the new episode and six pm Instagram lives every week. In the words of wise Molly, do yourself a favor. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Don't know, but we'll see you on a grand Yeah.
Speaker 1: Becka Winfield Gillies, you got yourself a mug. Think back, you'll send that out, Jenna, Right, of course, well done. Let's go to Apple Podcasts, which is sort of like the Hub. It's where I think we're the majority of listens.
Speaker 5: Well, your reviews there actually help us climb the chart, so that's probably more of a favor. But we do have people asking how do I leave reviews if I don't use ample faithbook. I guess but yea, I'm pretty sure you can actually download the Apple podcast app on non Apple devices, which is weird.
Speaker 1: There you go, Alex J five five five five five have left us a review. He says Monday is the best day of the week, which is in a universally themed shared opinion. Yeah, honestly, I don't know how he got through Mondays at work before this podcast. My coworkers must think I've lost my mind when I cackle out loud wander and paperwork. Monday's become my favorite day of the week, and I love having this podcast look forward to. I especially appreciate prise Keeper, Groundskeeper producer Jelly Cook, Cat Jenna, it's so beautiful. Don't worry, Jenner, you'r gaslight than back one day enjoying your mug.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know what you guys have.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about this the other day actually, and that reminded me. You guys have never really pranked me on the show. Like we fuck with general all the time. We fucked with you a few times, but I don't think you've ever pranked me.
Speaker 1: We're terrified to.
Speaker 2: No, I want you to.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: I couldn't do it. I don't know how I would.
Speaker 5: Oh, you don't put enough actual work into the show and we'll just be able to do a prank.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've thought about doing pranks, but my issue is I run them past you first. Sorry, Okay, well yeah, maybe there's one imminent. Maybe this whole show is don't do it next week.
Speaker 2: That's too obvious.
Speaker 1: It was an Angela Bishop impersonator.
Speaker 5: By the way, speaking of Apple podcasts, you know what's really fucked me over?
Speaker 1: Oh what? Now?
Speaker 5: You know how we always say subscribe to the podcast. The new iPhone software have changed it to a follow button, which means we have to update our fucking sweepers. We have to update our messaging, so no more subscribe to our podcast. We did say follow our podcasts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the new Apple podcast and I've never I'm an Apple fanboy. I've got the watch and everything in the home pod and the tanks. But the new podcast layout is discussed. I hate like now it's appealing to the eye. But I will be halfway through a true crime podcast and like and the killer of Jamie's beebe was and then I'll get out of the car, got to work, get back in at midnight and it's like, welcome to the case. It starts it again. I'm like, no, miss does it every episode?
Speaker 6: And also it takes forever for an upload to appear on the app. Now it's to me immediate. Now it takes forever.
Speaker 5: Do you want to hear something that might actually put Apple podcasts back in your good books?
Speaker 2: Mitchell?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she needy Committee slash not my cup of tea vanished and I'm trying to add it back again and they're like error and like I just can't get it back, Like my old podcast.
Speaker 2: Is just gone.
Speaker 1: My god's my favorite app. I love it podcast? All right? Should we get our guest on today?
Speaker 2: Angela Bishop. She came in the other day. We're going to play it out for you now she did.
Speaker 1: If you don't know who Angela Bishop is, it's honestly, she's an icon of Australian broadcast media. She's been in the beers thirty two years at Channel ten. Her whole career in one place, which is not something you can say about every media presenter. She's an entertain an editor and he's the presenter of Studio ten. We ask her a lot. Mitch gets her to contribute to the things better than drugs and.
Speaker 2: Dick oh wait for Anthwer it's pretty out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I embarrassed myself in front of her as a drunken four weeks ago, so we asked her about that, and overall it's a solid chat.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we love it.
Speaker 1: Asked with Angela Bishop enjoyed, ladies and General Bishop.
Speaker 3: In thanks for coming in us so excited to be Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: We're excited to have you, Mitch and I and Jenna. We're all your little media fans, aren't we.
Speaker 2: Of course that.
Speaker 3: Is so sweet. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It's one of those people that you just I don't recall the first time I saw you on TV. You've just always been there, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, how old are you now?
Speaker 2: Twenty five?
Speaker 3: So yeah, I've been at ten seven more years than you've been on the planet.
Speaker 1: How many I'm just thinking of the superannuation that's it was thirty two years.
Speaker 3: I don't think they were even paying it when I started. I think I think it was law back then.
Speaker 5: I think the first time I actually cemented your name in my brain as someone that I knew the name of, not just appeared on TV with, when you were kind of assigned to basically follow Oprah around her whole trip.
Speaker 2: By her side, but the whole time really.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because what had actually happened. I actually knew she was coming before anyone else. They trusted her team trusted me with the secret, and I pre recorded an interview to run on the day with her. Wow and back then, back then, she didn't do interviews because she didn't have to she had a show, and so it was like the first interview she'd done about five years. And they trusted me with information that they had told no one this whole surprise that she was coming to Australia, and I had to keep that a secret. So I can be trusted with anything. I am.
Speaker 1: The vault interesting.
Speaker 3: But yeah, so yeah, I was by her side for the whole time she was here in Australia, right there when she first landed in Hamilton Island and the two Koalas started copulating in front of us, Welcome to Australia. Was the mass you bills are not.
Speaker 2: Sure how long was she here for? I can't remember.
Speaker 3: For two weeks all in all.
Speaker 1: Jackman fell off.
Speaker 3: It was on a zip line from the opera house to the stage which was in the fore court, and he and it just went to fust and he slammed into the lightning rig on the top of the stage.
Speaker 1: Almost face Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but and you were there front Road ten eye witnessed. You got the shot and.
Speaker 1: The blood dripping from the sky. It was actually I've never actually told you this, and I've never told these two, but my first ever red carpet, and you were a red carpet fiend, right you would have been to I think thousands of red carpets, safe to say probably thousands. Yeah, my first ever red carpet, I think I was probably fifteen sixteen. Was an command two coman.
Speaker 3: We had Steve, we had will Ye, we had we had a man.
Speaker 1: Yes she did, Yeah, we did, we did. Paul was there more part.
Speaker 3: It was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Fox Studios.
Speaker 1: My dad was My dad works in wine, so he supplied all the wine. And I wasn't immediate and I was a kid and dad when I've got tickets to and command too the premiere. And I got in a little suit and I gelled back my hair and I brushed my teeth twice that day and loss, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I just in case. And Bishop smelt your breath.
Speaker 1: I was talking at the Star anyway. We walk into the theater, my mum and I and who do we sit next to? But Angela? Bishop?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: And I sat next to you, and Mum was going tell you when I get into media, telling you want to be on television?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 1: And I did? And you were beautiful?
Speaker 3: Really, so please What advice did I give you? Was sensible?
Speaker 1: It was sensible. But also you gave me your popcorn because there was you know how at these events they put little media packs on all the chairs. You gave me your popcorn. It was very sweet. That's all I remember.
Speaker 3: So you remember that more than sensible advice. I can't remember what you said, which clearly was brilliant, because look at you.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Whatever I said it, yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: Claim me, but yeah, that was my That was my first at Bishop experience.
Speaker 2: Mitch likes to claim that he's in and out of la all the time, trying to sound like a rock star. But how many times have you actually been to LA.
Speaker 3: So I got asked that for a magazine article, maybe about three or four years ago. So I got the passports out and counted the STAPs the stamps, and I gone up to it was about one hundred and thirty. So since then I've obviously been more. So we're probably talking maybe one hundred and fifty times, which I can honestly tell you is more times than I've been to Bond Eye, you know, or Melbourne. You know, I've literally it's like getting on the bus for me and sometimes I go over and back on the same day. Actually you arrive at six a m. And on QF eleven and QF twelve days where we could fly QF eleven, you know, lands at six and QF twelve takes off at ten thirty, so you can actually get a full day's working and then head back.
Speaker 1: You could even lead your leave your headphones on the seatretet and you're blanky, yes, yeah, your little pillow.
Speaker 2: Are you looking forward to the day's where zoom interviews are less of a thing. I hate them.
Speaker 3: I've just been doing something today. It was just chatting to Roseburne, a bit earlier, who's you know, fantastic great Australian actress and so forth. But it isn't the same just even being in the old hotel room at the Four Seasons in LA.
Speaker 1: There's just that you're.
Speaker 3: Bonding with someone when they're in the same room. The only thing I will say is what I have talked to a lot of rock stars at home in their home over this period, and there's something about a rock star in his own home he's super comfortable. Like Alice Cooper. I was chatting to, you know, and I've spoken to him a lot over there, and suddenly he's like showing me around his house and very very very open and very very.
Speaker 2: So they're picking up the laptop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and take you around because they're a bit more comfortable to get some extra stuff from them. So there's that payoff, but no.
Speaker 2: Back you back flying back to LA.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I've been about six times, so that pales in comparison. He said at once, and I said, I'm in a out of LA and they've made it a thing.
Speaker 5: I overheard him interviewing someone and he's like, oh, yeah, man, I'm in a out of I'll see you next time.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you are trying to sound so ballenge.
Speaker 1: Well know, you have to make that connection with these stars, right, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And also I think you're manifesting your future there.
Speaker 1: You're putting it out of it thanks follow entertainment reporters.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it. I got to tell you mitches.
Speaker 5: Also, he was feeling a bit self conscious a couple of weeks ago because he ran into you at a comedy show, right, And you know that feeling, you know, especially when you're young and you first start drinking, where like the next day you get a bit of anxiety where you're like, I feel like I owe someone in an apology.
Speaker 2: I don't know who or what for.
Speaker 1: Then you go through your text.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had that feeling after running into you. He thought he was being a bit of a pest because he was so drunk. But what do you remember from that night?
Speaker 3: No, you were not a pest.
Speaker 1: Really. Oh I haven't slept a wink since.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, go nine eyes now anytime you're o my THI.
Speaker 1: Rod has been overactive ever since that day. Honest to god. It was that feeling of because you know, I we haven't been out in a year, and I haven't been drinking in so long. So it was my first night out. It was for job Creasy and what.
Speaker 3: A great show.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I've never seen and it's like he's so funny.
Speaker 2: He was so good in the crowd.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So we went back to like a friends and family after his parents were there, and we ended up sitting next to each other at the end and I was there were free drinks, and I just, oh my god, I love hand. I'm going to talk to her. And I just went on and on and didn't stop, and then hated my partner. The next day was like, yeah, you really went in with ange Bishop I love so much.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, do not apologize, no going, hell, there you go. You're all good act. I actually remember hearing a story of yours a while ago, and this made me.
Speaker 5: Think, oh and Bishop is also human, thank god, because it was a story about you basically rocking up hungover to work and you had a bit of a bit of a run in or so with Hugh Grant.
Speaker 2: Is that right?
Speaker 3: That's right. I was in London and i'd had I was in London for one night, flowing all the way to London for one night, filmed all day it was for notting Hill the movie. Yeah, big movie, And so I'd filmed all day on the streets of notting Hill and there's lots of you planes going behind people and you know, doing things three or four times. Then I had one night in London, so I caught up with everyone I knew in London that night because I don't get there as often as La.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: That's what I spoke.
Speaker 3: And I really do it tough if I can just get in. And we had rather a big night, I think, you know. I kicked the last sort of fifteen people out of the room just when the mini bar finished at about three or four am, whatever it was. I had a full day of interviews the next day, starting with Julia Roberts at eight.
Speaker 2: Oh god, but I was there.
Speaker 3: I was ready. I did a professional But the last interview was Hugh Grant at I think by then it was six pm, quarter past six, and my flight home was that nice. And I'm waiting outside. I'm the next one in, and just as I'm about to go in, I hear Hugh Grant say, oh, actually I'm getting them at tied. I might't take a bit of a quick break, and I just went on, because I was on a time schedule to get to the airport. I have to collect all my tapes as we did back in those days and other days. And I went, you're tired. He turns around and goes, and I said, right, well, I only flew in yesterday from Australia. I've done all these shooting to promote your movie and all these interviews today, and I've got to fly home tonight and then put it all on air as soon as I get back. And I'm exhausted. And he goes and I looked and I thought, I've either wrecked this and that's not going to happen. And he said, right, you win. We're doing it now. And he was fantastic and it was funny and he was sarcastic. Guys, so I've got this winging Australian to interview. Now, stop whinging about how busy she is and who's the movie star in this conversation. And he was terrific. I did hold my breath for a moment because.
Speaker 2: He could have been a real diva about that and mean, like, well.
Speaker 3: Bu your interview, you could have just canceled it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, is how you just start every interview. Now you like it worked.
Speaker 2: Once you've come across many diva within your time, I'm sure you would have not as many as you'd reckon.
Speaker 3: Not as many people don't do that in front of the media.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: True, they really don't because it's you know, especially now where it will be on socials and out to the world and on TikTok.
Speaker 1: It's got a million years in a minute.
Speaker 3: No, that just no, they don't. People are good. People are good, they're nice.
Speaker 2: They're speaking of TikTok.
Speaker 5: There have been a lot of videos where people rank their celeb encounters out of ten, like people who might have been waited at a restaurant.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, this person was rude one out of ten. Imagine AND's doing that. If she just went like honesty, it'd be amazing. Follows shaking her head.
Speaker 1: She's not having media. How old were you when you started meeting in your twenties? Right?
Speaker 3: I started at Channel ten just after I turned twenty.
Speaker 1: Wow, had you studied? Yeah?
Speaker 3: So I have a political science degree from the University of New Southwest because I was wanting to be in journal great UNI, I think so too. Yes, well done, Alma Marshall yes, alumni. So I just wanted to be a journal so I figured that was quite a good degree to do. And I was like what you'd call a normal journal, like general you know, politics and all the rest of it. Until nineteen ninety four, I didn't know. None of you people were born back there. I don't even want to say in the year.
Speaker 2: But that's when I became best question just quietly when it's actually fixed.
Speaker 3: Well, that's when I became an entertainment rewarter. So I've been an entertainment reporter since then.
Speaker 5: And that wasn't much of a thing back then, was that there wasn't like an entertainment section in the news.
Speaker 1: No, definitely, no the glossies, right.
Speaker 3: I really had to pitch each and every story to get it in and so forth. But one of my early ones, I got sent over to New York to interview Robert Devall and Ron Howard, Michie Cunningham, you know, the director, and Glenn Close and Michael Cajan. That was my first big overseas trip to interview all of them. And I was told to come back with it with a really good promo line, Oh my, I'm toast the show. I was actually working on was Alan Jones Live. He had a current affairs show.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wow.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I had to come back with a promo line. Now, Robert Devala is very famous for a particular movie called Apocalypse Now where he comes flying in on a helicopter and says, I love the smell of knee palm in the morning. Right. It's a very famous old movie quote. So I asked Robert Duval to say, I still can't believe I did this to this day. Would you mind saying I'm Robert Duval, and I love the smell of napalm in the morning, but I love the sound of Alan Jones in the evening. Sure, hover guys, And he goes, okay, rolling and he says, Hi, I'm Robert Duvall, and I love the smell of napalm in the morning, and I love the smell of Alan Jones in the evening, which was just a slip of the tough yeah. And I said, we're going to need that one more time if we could. But we kept that one for the gourfril.
Speaker 1: That's fine, ran it.
Speaker 3: We ran a head. It was It was funny.
Speaker 1: How nervous were you for your first ever overseas interview.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't want to mess it up because you know, you're on the plane to New York, I staying at this fabulous hotel. It was you know, I was wandering through Central Park on my own. Clearly I hadn't clearly asked for you, wasn't on the doll or I would hard than to walk through Central Park. But yeah, you just didn't. I didn't want to mess it up. I was.
Speaker 2: But yeah, do you no nervous now or is that not really a thing?
Speaker 3: It's someone I love, if it's someone I worship, I just don't want them to hate me. I don't want them to become a dip. But yeah, that's the only time I really get nervous.
Speaker 2: Were you very chatty as a teenager as a kid, or were you kind of shy chatty? Okay, so that you've always had a gift for conversation. I don't know if it's a gift, and I don't shut up easily. People considered that a gift.
Speaker 5: When that comes in handy when you're interviewing people, you have to keep the conversation flowing, you do.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're one of the most highly respected interviewers in the country and entertainment reporters. Yes you are no faces, you you don't look shot. Yes you really are, And I would say the not one of the premiere.
Speaker 3: Jenna's my new best friend, my alumni from the.
Speaker 1: University of I saw Richie Wilkins in a red carp the other night I got to bed, go to bed.
Speaker 3: Not dis Dicky.
Speaker 1: We love Dicky, but that week he needs to refresh it.
Speaker 3: He's releasing an album, is he. I saw that of his old Richard Wild songs.
Speaker 1: Richard Wild. That what an old name is it?
Speaker 3: That was what he called himself when he was a singer.
Speaker 2: Oh, I didn't even know he was a singer.
Speaker 3: It made us think that the old Channel ten man hard and fast from behind could get a few of the few the numbers out of the catalog.
Speaker 2: I remember when I was working doing bits and pieces with Studio ten, I was chanting to the producer It's mutual, Darlan. Let me tell you. I was talking to one of the producers and they were all convinced that at the time you were the unicorn and the masked singer. And I said, can you holdel a bishop sing? And they were like yeah. She used to be in a band. Is that true? I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a Channel ten band because when we went into receivership one time they canceled the Christmas party. Someone came around and to all the partners and said, who can play an instrument? Who can be in a We need to find a band for Christmas party. We used to have in excess play at Channel ten Christmas parties back in the day, and so now they wanted the people in, you know, because we had no money. And so they threw us all in a rehearsal studio and said, right, come up with two sets for the Christmas party. And we hadly knew each other, and there was many bourbons into the evening. One night they said we need your name. Now we're making the posters, and we came up with for whatever reason, I'll never know, hard and Fast from Behind, and that was the name, and it was put on this giant. They paid the backdrop of a bull coming out you, oh my god, and it went in the paper.
Speaker 1: So it was yourself.
Speaker 3: Who else it was people from all around the station. So there were two cameramen, a studio cameraman, a DA sound tech. The audio tech was the drummer. You know, it was just everybody who could do anything. We all went in together and we've played on and off ever since. So for really for nearly twenty five years.
Speaker 2: If any of this on YouTube or no, you have to really dig think.
Speaker 3: So, I don't think because most of those gigs we did sell the most alcohol of any gig at the Bridge Hotel at Balmain ever and I believe that has yet to be beaten. Really, our motto was the more you drink, the better we sound.
Speaker 1: This podcast it works a treat.
Speaker 3: And so but they were nob you had mobile phones and stuff. Yeah, right, o olden days people. I keep talking about the old It's got to be a bit more hipp and groovy.
Speaker 2: Let's you know, you definitely got to dust those off out of the Channel ten archive. You're still in the building. You got to find those old tapes. That'd be amazing.
Speaker 1: I want to hear's doing it. You can do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to hear che Bishop thing. I'm not wake you do it now. I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: And I did a duet once really get Fun at the Bridge Hotel for it was a charity thing called Don't give Up Your Day job. So we had Muso's judged the entertainment reporters Wow, the singing, and he played Kenny Rodgers and I played Dolly parton Oh My God. And I picked up a white PVC nurse's uniform at Hustle store in LA because I thought, where am I going to find it? What nurse's universe?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Storage? Sure enough, there was a choice of yeah, and so I got one from there with yeah, and we did it. We did a duet.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: We didn't win though. Who Mark Golden gave is a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Back in the day?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course that that really was.
Speaker 1: And do you have a LOGI?
Speaker 2: I do not.
Speaker 1: You know what I think we start the CARECA now.
Speaker 3: I think that's just no category. There should be an entertainment reported category.
Speaker 1: I agree there should be an entertainment report category, but you could get a gold gold.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not in the gold league. I'm not in the Tom Gleason, Amanda Kell, you are, Sam mac Oh?
Speaker 1: Please? Do you think.
Speaker 2: I can't remember?
Speaker 6: I work with a Manta Keller, and I would say you're definitely in that.
Speaker 3: But a man of Keller needs to win the gold LOGI true the fact that she does not have one yet.
Speaker 1: Is a travel she'll get one like no one's worried about her.
Speaker 5: No, If anything, you'll end up in the Hall of Fame at some point, surely if Carrie Anne's in there.
Speaker 3: Well, I love what you say. I hear what you're saying. I love that you're saying it, but I can't I can't see it. I can't see it happening. I'm more of the person that's just permanently reporting on the logies. I still be there on the red carpet in another fifteen years, only a couple of years ago that it was the first time you walked it, rather than reporting two years ago, first time every other time. Yeah, I've never walked it before until the first one.
Speaker 1: I've been queens. What did you say, screw it, I'm walking.
Speaker 3: No, I still reported, and then ran out and did a bit of a walking.
Speaker 1: And when, really, do you have two dresses just to be like, this is reporting?
Speaker 3: I should have next time.
Speaker 2: Next time you might remember.
Speaker 6: You might remember me when I went on to Studio ten.
Speaker 2: I can't believe you're bringing this up, and you will apologize.
Speaker 6: It was for the Easter Show. I helped herd some goats. I was an intern.
Speaker 2: I made a pretty good impression.
Speaker 3: I think that it's coming back.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 5: It was the early days, like I had a Butcher's era. And when they brought in some goats, they went a bit row. Jenny was running around the well.
Speaker 6: Not to go on camera, but the goats came towards me, so the camera obviously followed.
Speaker 3: And you'd been training them for days to do that, just so that the camera appearance happened. Yes, Indeed, any intern that gets on camera, that's that's a win. It's a win.
Speaker 1: How's your mom? Because she was has she she's not really in the public eye anymore.
Speaker 3: She is, she's she's still working for time. She's on Sky News at night.
Speaker 1: Get Out, so she's my competit. I'm night Radio.
Speaker 3: She's on the Telly with Paul Murray Care and she loves it really, Yeah, she loves she loves she's so she sort of crossed over into into my territory. If you like the TV world. I said, you know, I never went and sat in the big green chair and had a guy. Yeah, but no, she's loving it and she yeah, she does a whole lot of charity work still, but yeah, she's on the Telly. She loves it.
Speaker 2: What about your daughter, Amilia? Is she going to follow in the footsteps get a job in TV like Mum and Grandma? Oh?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know. She she likes making movies on her iPad. She's YouTube generation. She's making videos all the time. She's in quite a few of them. But I will say she did get her highly commended at the Stdford reciting Shakespeare last week. She did a nice little bit of puck from I mean role and I was very proud of her.
Speaker 1: Oh how old is she?
Speaker 3: Thirteen?
Speaker 1: Good for her? What is your advice? I guess for the young ones, because we have a very young listener base. You know, we're all in mid twenty and in the media and still hustling. I mean, I'll be listening to this advice.
Speaker 3: We're all still at your hustle forever.
Speaker 5: You don't say, at the same workplace for thirty two damn years without a bit of hustling.
Speaker 1: Exactly what is like? Is there like a golden trick? Is there one thing that you live by?
Speaker 3: I have always just gone by the motto of keep your head down and your bum up and just work hard, no matter what's going on around you, and so you just have to one hundred percent focus on your job that you're doing and anything that you have. You know, if you got your eye on something you want to do. I've never done a five year plan thing, because I think you miss opportunities that come sideways. Like when I got a phone call from The Working Dog Gang and they said, oh, we're doing a show. We're just going to sit around a desk and chats called the panel, and nobody was sitting around a desk and chatting back.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you that was not something that anyone did anywhere in the world. And so we just want you to come on and just talk. And I'm like, I don't know. I'm a reporter. I write my script.
Speaker 2: And I wasn't outmate Kate lane Brook on that show.
Speaker 3: That's where I first met Cay.
Speaker 1: Obviously it was ten.
Speaker 3: It was yeah, in the seven or something, yeah, and so it was Rob Sitch, Tom Gleisner, Kate lane Brook, Glenn Robins and then I did the entertainment and Steve cortermain did the sport and it was amazing, And I thought, if I'd had a five year plan, I probably would have said no because I didn't know what it was. And it was the most amazing experience, this great opportunity that gave me, and you know, I loved every minute of it, such a groundbreaking show.
Speaker 2: It was like the project before the project.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, everyone's around a desk doing the chat now in letting us and yeah. So I just think you've got to be open to opportunities that come from wherever, rather than thinking you can nail out a plan because you never know what's around the corner.
Speaker 5: I didn't see I didn't see my studio ten reporting opportunities coming out of anywhere.
Speaker 2: So that was not on the five year plan. But when it I was like, give it a crack and you're a natch. You are a match, Thank you, Dallus, And I'm a match with goats. Now there is one very important thing I need to get from you and while you're here. So we like to do a little p s A to our younger listeners who might be in a stage of life where they're a bit obsessed with partying and boys. We call it our list of things better than drugs and dick. It's an opportunity to appreciate the little things in life. So things that I've put on the list of things better than drugs and dick are a good crunch of an apple, a nice stroll, a cool breeze, the smell of rain. And every guest that comes in we get them to add something. So is there anything that springs to mind for you?
Speaker 3: It would be climbing into my waterbed at night.
Speaker 1: You'd be the only one left right.
Speaker 3: Well, probably. So. My husband was a mechanic and he had a bad back, as mechanics do, and he found a waterbed was the answer. So after some convincing when we first got together, I said, all right, I'll give it a try. Well, hello, you love it and you can hate it. So I get in at night it's already warm and in summer you can cool it.
Speaker 2: Wow, has it ever burst? That would be my con thirst.
Speaker 3: They don't burst, think and come Austin powers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Is it round? It's nothing circular?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, shag No, do you have to refill the water? I've never known how these things work.
Speaker 3: I have a man coming in and the services, the water bed services, the waterbeds, Yes and no he does that. They do stuff to it, you know, tweak it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: My Auntie had a waterbed and I just used to love climbing in it and just just wobbly. It's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always you have to get in trouble. My uncle had money with like, don't jump on that bed, and you can jump on any bed in the house, waterbed.
Speaker 3: Don't jump on it. But but I recommenz. So that's what I'm saying to you out there. Well, bring it back, bring back the waterbed. There's a reason it was big when it was because it's exciting and it's fun and it's you know, gives you a bit of adventure of an evening.
Speaker 1: We'll add it to the least.
Speaker 3: Yeah. People have a misconception that it's like you're on a lilight Yeah. Yeah, surfboard waiting for the big wave to come in. You know, you just put your wet suit on and you climb into bed.
Speaker 1: Do you want to send this audio to forty Wings? You should get some cash.
Speaker 3: You can't get them at forty Wings. Really, it comes from a nice little family of black Town. They still make them, have been in the business for thirty years and they make them woialists water bed specialists.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I also feel like I'm supporting a nice family.
Speaker 1: Small business, small business.
Speaker 2: I feel like I've been sold on this. I need a waterbed thee.
Speaker 3: Life, bring them back, make them.
Speaker 1: I'm single handedly leading people walking in going we want the Bishop there we go better than drugs and Dick Angel. It's so good to have you on. We're such fans.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. I've had so much fun.
Speaker 1: We love you and for the gold Logie hundred. We have the power. If anyone can get it for you, it's us.
Speaker 3: Do you think I don't know? I think I'm more likely to win a chuck.
Speaker 2: Raffles that's nothing. It's neath take that every time I don't win the chip.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Thanks? Wow? How good was that? Love? It isn't she great?
Speaker 2: She's awesome?
Speaker 5: Now guys, and It's going to be hosting an exclusive eight part Facebook watch series about Bold and the beautiful Cold Inside Bold, So make sure you check that out on the Channel ten, Studio ten, and ten play facebook pages. There's plenty of places you can find it, but the first step is up now and it's got you know, interviews with the cars, bunch of people behind the scenes. So yeah, go check it out. Inside Bold the Facebook Watch series with Angela.
Speaker 1: She just constantly work. All Right, seventy is done. We've made it to seventy. That's crazy. Guys.
Speaker 2: You know we're going to be up to the one hundred soon.
Speaker 1: We should do something for our hundred maybe our hundredth show. We haven't discussed this off the cloud, but maybe it should be at the Bunnies. Yeah, I'd love to do a live show.
Speaker 6: Is contraceptive guy from sam on too that.
Speaker 1: He's passed away? We don't know where that man is. Yeah, honest to god. All right, we're back next week. Thank you for listening. Don't forget. Five star reviewer can win you a mug. You can also buy them on our Instagram byer. We love you. Thank you for listening, and we'll see you next week for seventy one.
Speaker 2: See you guys, Love you bye.
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 5: Don't forget to subscribe and leave a review on your podcast app.
Speaker 1: Or follow on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Welcome to A to D Brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend the show is done and then keep chatting away.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 5: So if you guys have discovered the secret, keep it to yourself because we don't really want everyone knowing about this. It's pretty God she was God, wasn't she, Sia.
Speaker 1: That's her mum. Roman dropped her off and is taking her home. That's so sweet, Sia.
Speaker 2: You can't mock Angela's picture mother.
Speaker 5: In the Fame episode where she was on, she was.
Speaker 2: And I did notice you were like Kathy mum and I don't go there.
Speaker 1: And I noticed that I knowed only because only because I wanted to. I'm genuinely interested. Her mum's a veteran of the industry. Anyway, what an episode? Mm hmm, body, hell, my lungs. I had one puff of ape general I'm done Jesus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and one puff of a cigarette, and you got an oath. You really don't cope with anything.
Speaker 1: No, I have a I'm like made of whitgrass. I am so brittle, it's really bad. I'm not joking. I was born, you know, I have severe asthma. I was born two months premature. That probably causes the brain illness. And then I have really bad ass. I was born with one lung, had to grow the next the other one. And yeah, I just my lungs are bad. I have a smoker's cough and I'm.
Speaker 5: Twenty we haven't done copping fit Chicken in a while.
Speaker 1: Could be I had to ban it, I know.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I forgot to tell you on Kyle's boat party with our mate Ben Fordham.
Speaker 2: As you mentioned every time we say it, and he.
Speaker 5: Said he wants to come on the podcast like he wants to come in studio. Apparently it doesn't live far from here. So I was like, yeah, bro, we can get you on because the only time you've been on is Frank calling you.
Speaker 1: He saw me on the butt. He was wearing like the Sarah.
Speaker 5: Jenna can you put in your aarn email for the Wi fi because they've obviously I don't have.
Speaker 1: The Wi Fi at work and slight you're a visitor.
Speaker 5: I fucking hate it. Mitch has to come and get me and he takes forever.
Speaker 1: I was I was waiting for you today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you know what I did? I called you when I was still down the road. I was like a block away and I was like, come get me because I knew that you would take forever and then you.
Speaker 1: To beat me. I did. Anyway, It's a great party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Also the theme was very confusing. It was gold and you like overordered or you can.
Speaker 5: It was a touch of gold, yes, but I forgot that it was just a touch, and I typed into Athos and I.
Speaker 2: Just ordered like two of everything.
Speaker 5: So I had the right size on center back and I was gold from head to toe.
Speaker 2: And then I double checked the invite and I was like, fuck a touch of gold gold.
Speaker 1: It was black tie or tuxedo with a touch of.
Speaker 2: Gold, yes.
Speaker 5: And then I so I ended up toning it down a bit, threw on a black shirt and a black jacket, and I just had the gold pants.
Speaker 2: And even then I.
Speaker 5: Was still way more gold than everyone else. Everyone just had like a ring and that was their touch of gold. I was like, fuck me, I look stupid.
Speaker 1: He's like an extra and I dream of Jeannie had big hair and pants. I know you actually looked lovely. And I said that to you until you bit into an Aaron Cheni bowl and it came on your pants.
Speaker 2: Yeah, grease scenes all over the front.
Speaker 1: Of the yachts. You went, look now how I did?
Speaker 2: And it was it was this the beginning or that this.
Speaker 1: Was middle this was the peak of the party.
Speaker 2: And I've also walked away.
Speaker 5: I would love to know if there were any witnesses on the night that could explain this to me. I've got a fucking cut on my forehead.
Speaker 1: I'm like, ye, do look at it, Jenny, I thought it was Isabella.
Speaker 5: No, well, if it was her, she's got more than one claw, so that'd be like.
Speaker 2: Parallel to the scratch. I've just got this one scratch like Harry.
Speaker 5: Potter's scar in the middle of Did I tell you the worst part about that whole fucking party. I don't know how I managed this, but I left my shoes behind.
Speaker 1: We were together the hole.
Speaker 6: I saw you had to wear slippers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so once you got on the boat you had to put your shoes in like a bucket, and then they gave you slippers.
Speaker 6: Could you keep the slippers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you weren't meant to, but I did.
Speaker 1: But they have they're embroidered with gold ks.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I did get them out of the bucket when I left the boat, but then when I got in an uber to go elsewhere after the after party, I I just got out and left them there. And my fucking uber divers do won't call me back. I'm gona try him again.
Speaker 1: You give me my buzz.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure I have to pay him, like, yeah, quite a lot for him to come drop it off. Here we go. Oh hi, it's Mitchell. You gave me a lift last night.
Speaker 7: Yeah good.
Speaker 2: I've been trying to get a hold of you all day. Yeah, well I called you you.
Speaker 1: I called your numbers all four.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, that's it. You would Bird, Sanctuary and Northernes.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, so I yeah, I must have been recording my podcast when you told sorry. So yeah, did you find my shoes in the back of your car?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I got to your shoes.
Speaker 1: So do you come and.
Speaker 2: Biba d wise very out of the way. Actually, well, I can't come today.
Speaker 5: Can you text me your address and then I'll just text you during the week when I've got time to come grab them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, great, thank you so much. Okay, all right, chat soon, babe.
Speaker 6: Yes, Jesus Christ, we will decide to be fair.
Speaker 1: He was very sweet.
Speaker 2: I could just buy a new shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are they, babes.
Speaker 5: They were like these brown leather ones, like dress shoes. So they're quite nice.
Speaker 1: Thought. Were they from ace orce order?
Speaker 2: No, I've had them for ages.
Speaker 1: Actually we'll go get them.
Speaker 2: Worth it?
Speaker 1: What a punish now, Janne, Are you heading to Brisbane on the weekend.
Speaker 6: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: I think I am. Really you know what, I'll support support Mitchell.
Speaker 5: You told me, you told me Oh I might come to Brisbane to see your comedy show, and I was like, I'm not going to hold him to that. That's not going to happen. Have you even booked tickets yet?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: No, Yeah, I still think it's gonna happen. But it's a lovely thought.
Speaker 1: Well I want to go. It's your first official stand up in a club that is in on TikTok Live, and it'd be nice story for thirty years when you go, oh you came.
Speaker 5: But also I'm doing drag, so a drag performance this is that element will be interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what my drag name is going to be yet. They asked me today. I was like, fuck, I don't know. You don't have a drag name you, I've not even thought about it.
Speaker 1: Michelle, Michelle Michelle. Nah, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Do Michelle, that's too obvious.
Speaker 5: But also, by the way, if you can't come to the Briseolne, I've got Sydney shows coming up in a few months, so okay, okay, but.
Speaker 2: You know, still feel free to come to Brisbane. Why are you whimpering you? You're an adult. You can make it happen.
Speaker 1: You can come if you want you I want to come. Well we can talk off the class.
Speaker 2: No one's depriving you of it. I want to come, just fucking go.
Speaker 6: But then let's work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have careers. All right, let's we need to work out your dragon name. He's some drag race music. This is from a prosstrack.
Speaker 2: I actually put a thing on Instagram earlier aftering for suggests. I haven't looked at them yet.
Speaker 1: Let's get them out. I'm going to get up a drag queen generator, drag queen named generator.
Speaker 5: So let's do this, Mitch please. That was the same name that you wanted for this podcast. Hard Boiled Meg, No thanks.
Speaker 1: What that's funny?
Speaker 2: Tiger tits No, Honeycombs, that's cute, honey, I like that.
Speaker 5: Psychiatric rece that's very funny, calum um, Miss Auntie Social, No, Auntie fabulous, that's inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Miss Auntie Social is funny.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Anti social. I like it.
Speaker 5: Oh right, you really have to think about it.
Speaker 1: But also if you miss Auntie, then you can have the persona of being an Auntie.
Speaker 2: Bitch and Mitchen. Now it's not funny.
Speaker 5: Oh, this is actually an old reference from Sorry not My Cup of Tea. I don't remember the context of this, but I said that my drag name would be Jezebel bang me box.
Speaker 1: Oh. I like it, don't hate it, Jezbel Beanie.
Speaker 2: Boxes and I like the history.
Speaker 1: Let's do this quiz online. It's from monkey dot com.
Speaker 5: I also thought Scabriella Gabby scabril I.
Speaker 2: I'm not sold on it.
Speaker 1: Gabrielle is good, that's the that's in the lead.
Speaker 2: What could my last name be? What's the Gabriella Scabriella?
Speaker 1: What's Gabrielle from Husky Musical Gabriella?
Speaker 2: Is it Montes?
Speaker 1: S Gabriella Montes is funny?
Speaker 5: The people have come up when you google Gabriella Gabriella, chill me, power scat.
Speaker 1: Scabriella kill me.
Speaker 2: No, I don't like that. That's a bit dark.
Speaker 1: What about Donna Kebab What I like that? Donna Cabab like Dona cabab that's like it all right?
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: What about Anita Anita hugging kiss?
Speaker 2: No so original?
Speaker 1: What about Phil Tits Filmatits?
Speaker 2: I feel like that's probably been done.
Speaker 1: It's a good one.
Speaker 5: That Margaret river Ray's a drag man. That's just a fucking character from the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's do the quiz. Any good monkey wants to know when your generation is? You're an X or use it? You're ninety six, aren't you?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I don't know what generation I am?
Speaker 1: All right? What do you currently do in life? What office? I do not work in an office? Full time student and rocking at I'm a traveler or good question. I'm still trying to figure that out.
Speaker 2: I think I do not work in an office?
Speaker 1: Is more appropriate? And not is capitalized? All right? Correct? What is your deepest desire? Fucking hell? Understanding other people? No, finding true love, personal growth, a compassionate world, inner and outer piece.
Speaker 2: Probably the last one, I guesh.
Speaker 1: I think so that's nice, all right? Next, what would you say is your strongest quality? I'm a bit of a bright spark. Intelligence, I'm always helping out, Kindness, My life a crazy explosion of shapes and colors, creativity, I'm a survivor. What do you think I know what I want. Confidence. I think I know what I want confidence?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: What role do you play in your friendships? Menace? I like to make my friends laugh. They always come to me for advice. I tend to be the peacemaker between friends. I offer support where I can, or I'm usually the one to help them fix things.
Speaker 2: What do you think again, I need to need?
Speaker 1: Do you make us laugh? You're not the peacemaker. No, but you're not the one that you like. I don't have the time of patience.
Speaker 5: What do you mean I don't have the time or patience on this podcast for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but not peacemaking.
Speaker 6: I think maybe fixed things.
Speaker 1: I offer support where I can.
Speaker 2: That's not like distinctly me, that's very broad.
Speaker 1: What were they They always come to me for advice?
Speaker 2: Well, you just fucking people laugh. But I don't don't help.
Speaker 1: That's not what I meant. It's how often do you work out? Is there is?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, no, you go personal trainer? Fitness is life. The people at the gym know me by name. Getting out of bed is enough for me? Did that sure?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: Or there's workout? Seriously? Okay, Rum and Monkey are sassy? Why did you take this test. It looked fun. I was bored. My friends encouraged me to do so all of the.
Speaker 2: Above, probably the last one. Not all the above, but my friends encouraged me to do all right next.
Speaker 1: I think this might be the final one.
Speaker 2: My drag name?
Speaker 1: Oh fuck? What do you dream about when you sleep? People in relationships? I dream of animals. I dream of flying, fighting, or running away from war?
Speaker 2: I dream of weird shit from.
Speaker 1: Do you dream about drowning?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Maybe do the running away from war thing. I've had some dreams like that, but not all the time.
Speaker 1: If you were an animal, would you be a dog, a tiger, gazelle, an owl, or a dolphin?
Speaker 2: I have been accused of being a dog before that one.
Speaker 1: Dog or wolf? Jesus CRUs. Do you have a bucket list? Nope? Yes, yes, no, yes, no? Oh, here we go. Oh the button? The button isn't complete. The button is queen out? Let's queen out, all.
Speaker 2: Right, queen out? What's me drag name?
Speaker 1: Dear? The drag name is? It? Says? I bet you're shaking with anticipation, aren't you? Mitchell's drag name? According to rummenmonkey dot com dot PG, what is up in the beginning is Rachel intervention?
Speaker 2: What Rachel? What does that even mean?
Speaker 7: Didn't you have to write him Mitchell's yeah, Rachel intervention.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to say it out loud so that I connect what that's meant to be a.
Speaker 1: Play on Rachel intervention.
Speaker 2: Rachel in Rachel indive. I don't know rachal.
Speaker 5: Intervention, right, I don't have no Why the funk would I call my a Rachel intervention?
Speaker 1: That's stupid, Rachel in vention.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it has a meaning.
Speaker 6: I wonder if anyone else has called themselves Wait.
Speaker 1: That's horseshit. No, they're gonna pau us round monkey dot com.
Speaker 2: Well that was a giant waste of time.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it. Ever? There is there is this basic one. All right, what month were you born?
Speaker 6: There is a drag queen named Rachel intervention.
Speaker 1: Then we're missing the pun. What's the pun? Just says read what about American accent? Rachel intervention?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not using it, so it's fine, we don't have to German.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she is what month were you born?
Speaker 2: July?
Speaker 1: You should know that it's so that is miss remember miss rite miss down first letter of your first name Mitchell, So, okay, your miss Ophelia. Yeah, and then first letter of your last name see is surprise Missofelia surprise.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 1: That's awful and that would be mine too, except I'd be in September, so i'd be I'd be a lady.
Speaker 2: Felia surprise. What are the other options for Ophelia feel of flaps or something?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, why don't you just actually a really nice.
Speaker 1: Feelia Flaps is funny, Aphelia is nice. I like the name Felia flaps is hilarious.
Speaker 2: Feelia a Felia box.
Speaker 1: I feel your mate, A Feli, your mate like, oh I had a rough date work, I feel your mate.
Speaker 6: I do really like Afelia flaps.
Speaker 2: What about Ophelia pause?
Speaker 1: But Pussinger but they call it a puss Why don't you be?
Speaker 4: This is ten years first Melbourne with Jennifer.
Speaker 2: Kutt Jennifer kuhnn, good evening.
Speaker 1: I like Apelia pause.
Speaker 2: I love a Felia. I like Appelia pause. It's like if someone with broken English. Jennifer.
Speaker 7: I like Apelia flaps and Aphelia pusset.
Speaker 2: I can't be a Felia.
Speaker 1: I think we found a feeling. I'm really like that. What was the other option you gave at the start.
Speaker 7: Feel your flat.
Speaker 1: No, Philia puss is funny, it rolls off the tongue.
Speaker 2: Phil you pusse the other one with Scabriella, I think Ali.
Speaker 1: Put a part. You haven't had any fun Every time I say it, you laugh. A Philia puss you're supposed to say that. You're serious, gentleman, welcome to stage of Philium.
Speaker 2: What if my grandmother or something after me? What's your fucking drag character?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, ah, feel your like that's not something I can say with Phelia.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a Feeliaia, I feel your pussinger because that is it.
Speaker 2: But why would you make a puss in jar because.
Speaker 1: That's just that's just the Christian name.
Speaker 2: No, it would be a Feelia puss or nothing. You heard me, ma'am.
Speaker 1: Pint of dinner first, I like, Alia, why don't we put it in? You're an idiot to make it? Please Scabriella kill me.
Speaker 7: No, I feel your puse please, hey, please fail your pulse please.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I think about it, but a Felia pulse is a very it's it's a front runner at the time.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, the show is next week. Will be available live or anything on recordings of it? Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was thinking about that because if I'm trying to sell tickets to my Sydney show, would it do me? Would it be of a benefit to me to post video of me doing stand up? Or is that giving away material that I could use? You have to pay to see it, dogs, I'm not just posting it on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Sidney Show's the same the drag concept. No, So what's the Sydney show?
Speaker 2: Just stand up? We're at I don't know yet, but it's a Sydney fringe. Yeah, fail your pulse. I love that, you know what.
Speaker 5: Jack Vigon who is on the show next week. By the way, his drag name is Jacqueline Fajeen.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is nice.
Speaker 1: Feel your puss. So you're not going to pursue drag, are you?
Speaker 5: I mean I don't see me making many. Reprieve is a Ophelia Puss.
Speaker 6: Never never, never say never. Aphel your Puss.
Speaker 1: I think it's a great name. You're close to Jack, don't you go way back?
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 5: So he's got new music out and he's got shows coming up and stuff. There was gonna be on the show next week. Remember that kid from Australia's Got Talent, find that find that video.
Speaker 1: He looked like fucking SpongeBob Square.
Speaker 2: I saw it about the rs rude, He's coming in next week.
Speaker 6: Sorry about the RSL When we were both little.
Speaker 1: I think he knows who I am. I've had him on my show, my radio show so many times, and I think he knows that I'm with you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there are a dime it does in those radio announcers. You've spoken to one, You've spoken a.
Speaker 1: More generic, energenic, fat gay radio announcers.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: What was the song he won with Whitney Houston?
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you know it's weird? He was Also he was on Kyle sandaland Speak of the Devil. He was on his team with Australia's Got Talent. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: To skip this to the middle of the song. Oh yeah, so that kid.
Speaker 1: Whips.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, I've already chosen I'm sing.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Anyway, that was how he became famous. Stack on I'm a celebrity, Get me out of here this year? And yeah, he was in the closet for a long time. I met him out gay clubbing when he was closeted and so I was like, I guess you're gay then, but he didn't like reveal it publicly until years after that. So yeah, he's kind of had a bit of a resurgence after being on Armlet get me out of here.
Speaker 1: The Puffs love him. Is the king of the cave. He's always at Puff Dolf in Sydney.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see him there literally every time i'm there. But I've known him for years. And one time I had a house party and I invited him and his boyfriend and they showed up in like formal wear and I was like, what the fuck, why are you so dressed up? Like this is cash And they had just come from the races, so they were blind and really dressed nicely. And I said, oh, well, that doesn't look comfortable. Do you want to slip into something of mine. I'll lend you like some trackies and a jumper.
Speaker 1: Or whatever you can get more comfy, same size.
Speaker 5: And as I went to the cupboard and opened it up, I thought, fuck, I hope he doesn't choose my favorite jumper, which I've only had for a matter of days. Oh no, I do a pop shop and I got this really cute knitted jumper and I loved it, and I was like, don't fucking pick that, don't pick that? And he goes, what's this?
Speaker 2: This is gorgeous? Can I wear this?
Speaker 5: I was like, sure, babes, And then sure enough he wore them home and I've never seen them since.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, do you think he still has them?
Speaker 4: Don't know.
Speaker 2: I would think not. He's probably, you know, cleaned out his closet a few times.
Speaker 1: You should bring that up with him. You really should do an intervention on the pod.
Speaker 2: No, it's been years. I've let it go because I brought it up again. I think I've told this story before. But no, I'm not going to bring it up.
Speaker 1: I have to just tell him. He's got a great sense of humor.
Speaker 2: That feels a bit petty, being like, oh he dogg is still my clothes?
Speaker 1: I just remember when this happened, Jack, I have a laugh about it. Will move on.
Speaker 2: No, it's fine, I'll let it slide. Yeah, let it breathe under the bridge. Won't bring it up.
Speaker 1: Shut up, Jenna, Why does it affect you got a mining today?
Speaker 6: Do you remember when this happened and it was a traumatic there?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't there, but I was she never comes to these fucking things.
Speaker 1: That way.
Speaker 2: Wasn't invited to this. I would have been. We were colleagues at the time. It wasn't absolute fiction. No, I think it was very fert How the fuck do you remember, because I think it was when we first met, and it was and it was when I lived in Concord, which I remember after we've known each other for a year.
Speaker 1: So you at your flap.
Speaker 6: Actually, I think I did attend this.
Speaker 2: Eventually you attended, but you would have been invited.
Speaker 1: I was invited because I remember, and I remember you telling me the next day that Jackfide just saw your jacket.
Speaker 2: I thought that was before I knew you.
Speaker 1: Wasn't I remember it wasn't invited.
Speaker 2: I just thought about it.
Speaker 6: That was a Halloween party when I went there.
Speaker 2: I think it was that.
Speaker 5: I don't have a reputation for not inviting jenitor things. She has the reputation of not showing up. So how about you stopped curling abuse?
Speaker 6: What was the Halloween one?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: I there?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, we're getting out of here. I think it. Angela Bischi for coming on. We love you, we appreciate you. You're a superstar. And Jack vigin next week. How exciting seventy one.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll see him then.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks guys, we'll see you soon. Thanks for listening. Be back in a week.
Speaker 2: As you know, we hope this podcast makes you feel at least two percent better today.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's now the song.
Speaker 2: I'm still using the catchphrase.
Speaker 1: We should we change it to like three percent, so it's more us.
Speaker 2: Better today.
Speaker 1: Three No, your favorite number that does sound like a drug campaign like panadine rapid will make you feel three percent better today? Yeah, it's got no ring to it. Let's go stick better today.
Speaker 2: All right, thanks for that type see you guys.
Speaker 7: Is it just me?
Speaker 2: A podcast by a couple of miches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast