Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast.
Speaker 2: Last week they light Welcome back to TV Reload. My name is Benjamin Norris, and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television. Each episode you will get a front row seat with content makers like executive producers, writers, editors, and casting agents, plus the talent that we see on our screens. TV Reload reloads the shows that you are currently watching and gives you a better insight into our television industry and our streaming services. This week on the podcast, I have the winner of RuPaul's Drag Race down Under season two. It is Spanky Jackson and while we have had to wait a little longer than I expected, I can tell you this this chat was worth the wait. Spanky was my favorite towards the end, and I absolutely adore the type of person she was on every episode. Funny, talented, warm.
Speaker 3: And massively unpolished.
Speaker 2: There is something unique and brilliant with every strut Spanky takes. I love the most of the fans didn't see her as the favorite, and I also love how supportive Hannah and Queen have been to Spanky's win. We will talk about her nerves going into the competition, if being a winner helps you get shagged, what she thinks of the franchise and what it needs to change, and a few life lessons along the way that I think that you guys are going to get a lot out of. However, let's get started with today's guest. I'd like to welcome Spanky Jackson from RuPaul's Drag Race down Under season two to TV Reload.
Speaker 1: I nearly pulled out a week and a half before because I didn't want to embarrass myself.
Speaker 3: Look who's here, Spanky Jackson.
Speaker 1: I was resound to the fact. I was like, Okay, I'm not going to win down Under. His next drag superstar needs the charisma of a Kiwi I'm looking for it, not even a relationship or anything. It's the connections condragulations from making it to the grandminale a Rubol's Drag Race down Under. I think time that the format changed.
Speaker 2: The winner Ruba's Drag Race down Under Spanky Jackson.
Speaker 1: And I feel like we're missing out on the entertainment that those queens could totally bring to the party.
Speaker 3: Hi, Spanky Jackson, how the hell are you?
Speaker 1: Oh? I'm so good. How are you, babes?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Yeah, it's a good morning. And I have to say congragulations on your win. You are the winner of RuPaul's Drag Race down Under season two.
Speaker 1: I know it's crazy, right, Like it's so bizarre and it's still like sets in like it still feels kind of unreal. It just feels kind of like it was a dream in some kind of way. Okay, the bank account looks different, so you know that's great, but yeah, it still feels quite surreal. Yeah, it's just it's been incredible.
Speaker 2: What does it feel like to not only be a rue girl but to be the winner?
Speaker 1: I think, like winning isn't everything, Like it really isn't. I think even making it to the end is still like winning in a way, and being a rue girl. I mean, there's so many of us now, but it just means that you're at that level. We have something to offer and it shows that I was on the right path and I'm supposed to be doing what I'm doing. And I think it's just that validation of that I've always been on the right track. You know that That's what it really comes down to at the end of the day. It just kind of says to yourself, I know you're in the right place, You're doing the right thing. You know.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought it was interesting because out of the three chats that I did with the three finalists, you were the most unconfident about winning.
Speaker 1: I know. I know people say this to me all the time. They're like, oh, you had to know that you were going to win, And it was like, I think, as a fan of the show, I have those same expectations. I suppose of like drag queens. Now is that it? You know, it has morphed, it has changed, it has you know, the game changed very quickly. And I was never going to be that drag queen. Like I'm just not that drag queen. I never have. I'm never going to be. All through my life of drag you know, people are like, oh, you need bigger clothes, and you need here, and you need a bit of you know, you need sequence, and you need jewelry. And of course I'm that person that is just like, if you're going to tell me I'm going to do something, I'm going to do the opposite. So I'm going to be like, I'm going to do what I'm going to do, and you do what you want to do. I think that there was that expectation from me as well, is that that's what they were looking for, you know, they were looking for the polish and the clothes, and that I just think that it wasn't the package I was expecting, and that's why I was so unconfident about it.
Speaker 2: What do you think kind of changed though? For everyone believing that it was going to be Queen Kong like as in everyone was like, it's Queen Kong's like, you know, and through the competition a lot of people said it was, you know, Hannah's to lose. You know, what do you think really changed in those last moments that brought you forward and made rupick you.
Speaker 1: I definitely have some other quality that you know, maybe the other two girls didn't have. And I think that that's just a me thing. And I think that, you know, at the end of the day, those girls have that me thing too, but it's individual to them. And I think that I'm just I think I relate with all people, and I think that that is really what got me over the line, was that there's a relatability of you know, a relatability, a relatability Oh my god, I'm too hungover to even open my mouth. I'm not unattainable, like I'm believable, you know me. You know, I'm part of your family, and that's who I think spanking and me is, you know what I mean, And I think that that was really what got it over the line. To be fair, at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: I think you're one of my favorite currency of television, and that is that you are aspirational. You know, I think people want there's an element of me that wants to be you. You know, I think we all want to succeed. And so watching you put your balls to the floor or whatever that saying is, I'm sure that's not what it is and probably not what you say.
Speaker 3: To a dragon.
Speaker 1: Balls to the wall or balls to the wall.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you all I can think about is balls, and so I've lost my trade report. But you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, I do know what you mean. Yeah, yeah, I think that that's there was no other option. Yeah, well there was no other option. It was like you know, like I was saying, I nearly pulled out a week and a half before because I didn't want to embarrass myself and because I knew the level that was expected. You know that going in there you have to be realistic about that. But there was also something aside of me that was like, well, I'm never going to have this opportunity again, and if I only make it through one episode, well then that that's that's my time, you know. But I'm going to do this and I'm going to, you know, apply what I've always applied through the rest of my life, which is that go out there and smash it in the dick. And that's exactly what I did. You know, I went out there and just delivered me at all times one hundred and ten percent. And I think that that's really the key for everybody. You know, it doesn't matter what the field is. It doesn't have to be performance. It's it's delivering your product, knowing what you're good at and serving it. You know, whether that's in a corporate job, or whether that's it the fish and chip shop, or you know, whether that's at the local dairy, it's exactly the same thing. Like it's like, if you want that goal, go and do you and do it your way and do the best that you can, you know, and I think that that's I'm living proof of it. I mean, it's still so surreal to me that, like my whole for years, I've sat and ate food with my friends and we've laughed about what it would be like to be on the show and what you would do and what you'd say, and then to come out the other end of it with a crown and no pants. I mean, it's just fucked.
Speaker 2: I kind of you know, when you watch Rupeaul's like, it's the you know, we talked about this last time. You know, there's been so many different seasons of it, but you can sort of break it apart, and when you go back and look at seasons, there's always a tasty morsel in the first episode for the person who's going to win, and for me when I rewatched the season, because obviously I've got no life, so I've rewatched it all again. Your breakup more that summed you up was the bit where you're talking down the run You know, you're like, why am I talking like this?
Speaker 3: You know, when I turn around, who there's Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, can I stop sounding like a fucking nhatched teenager? Like I'm walking down the runway, fucking feeling the South. Fuck it, it was that's true, though.
Speaker 2: It was nobody was great because it was like, as you said, you know, you've been talking about doing the show for so long, so you've kind of been in your head on you know, this is the moment where I'm doing my little bit about what's going on, and then you sort of broke that down and just were like, what the hell am I sounding like this like? And that was the that was the breakout Spanky Jackson moment.
Speaker 1: I mean, it was just surreal to even like the whole first episode was just you know, you like from walking into singing RuPaul to then getting that bloody challenge, it was just every all at once. It was joy, it was nervousness, excitement, but you're there, so you just have to go for it, you know, and I am that person. It's like I'm so real that it's just not even funny, Like I just talk about my life like it's normal, because it's everybody is normal, Like everybody goes through stuff. It's like people who poo themselves or like you know, everybody has done that. Everybody's throwing up somewhere or you know, it's like we we see these things as like, oh, you shouldn't talk about it, but it's like, this is real life. This is what happens to humans. This is what you know we do, and everybody does it. Like people are like, oh, you know, God, they knows so far in the air, and it's like your shit thinks just as much as mine does. Mabes like it's no different. You do it, and I know you do it because I do it, and it's part of our lives. So that's kind of like the realness of life. And I think that's what's missing. Everything's so manufactured now, and you know, even in the Instagram world, the social media world, it's like even people's profiles and manufactured for the life that they want to be seen to be living. But the reality is is that that's not true, Like it's just not and it's the stuff that they're not showing that it's relatable. It's the stuff that's real, you know, and we need more of that, Like let it all hang.
Speaker 2: Out as we're doing right now. You are hungover in bed, I'm propped up hungover. I've got a beanie on. You should have a beanie on.
Speaker 1: I did have a beanie on before, but I was like, I better put a hat on. I was like, I haven't even done with bloody here.
Speaker 2: This is the people want, though, They want to have a real experience when you listening to people. They want to feel like, you know, they're a fly on the wall and they get to hear what you really think. I mean, all that was really left because it was such a visceral experience for you for this season for us as an audience was what is what does Rue Paul smell?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: That's the only question we got left, you.
Speaker 1: Know, was she smell amazing at all times and was so fucking clean and put together like I never see her it look terrible ever, And and the shocking thing for me, like, you know, like you're seeing RuPaul on TV and you think like and Drag and you think, oh yeah, like you know, I know what Drag's like, and we can see the edges, you know, but she is so finished, like it's like you can't even clock it. You couldn't even clock a hairline, you know. Like the way she looks on TV is the way she looks in real life. And honestly, all of us girls would literally just be an awe, Like we would sit there and try and look for the edge or you know, we try and look for that wonky lash or you know, all of that, and it just doesn't exist. It just doesn't exist. She's so just incredible, an amazing person and such. I'm just really honored that I got the time to spend with her that I did and to hear the wisdom that she passed on to me. And ye, it's something you just can't replace. But she always smells fresh. That's always a good start, because she smelled terrible.
Speaker 2: I mean, has there been any communication so you've won? Has she sent you a text? Does she slid into your damns? Is there an email that's come through anything?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 1: No, she didn't. I did send her. I did send her a video message. Should have just sent her a pack of by ass. She probably would have appreciated it. But yeah, right, she would have been like literally she would have been. I know that. Yeah. She I sent her a video message actually just to say thank you, like on the day that it happened. And I didn't expect to reply, but I wanted to send you a message to say thank you. But I did get a lovely message from Michelle. She sent me a beautiful voice message to congratulate me and of course. The thing is just like I think for them at the time, we're so separate, so they don't get to see behind the scenes, you know, they don't get to see what happens before the runway or any of that. So they watch it all back and I think it was refreshing for them as well to see that, you know, the spanking that they saw on stage, there was a whole lot more to Spanky Jackson behind the scenes, and she did. Yeah, it was honestly really touching that she'd sent me a message. And I've saved that message and I will save it for the rest of my life because it just meant the world.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us what the message is? Is that prying too much? Is that a private moment between you?
Speaker 1: And it was just like it was just like how proud Well basically she was just like, I was really proud of you, Spanky, and like you just showed that you're just such a beautiful person. And the love that was in the message, it was the tone of the message. I mean, it was a voice message, so it was you heard it. There was love in it, and it wasn't just some false message for the sake of sending a message it was it was set with love and yeah, she just congratulated me and said that she was really proud of me. So I mean it's special enough for me.
Speaker 2: What I mean, we saw a video on Instagram of you with the girls waiting for the announcement to happen, and then the announcement, you know, we got to see that. But what was it like sitting there waiting to find out with those two others, well, with everyone watching you like that, what was that moment?
Speaker 1: Like? I think it's been the hardest part. Like when I was in New Zealand, before I went into the solo tour, I hadn't done any viewing parties or anything. And then of course I did one viewing party and that was the first time I was kind of watching an episode with just a bunch of fucking strangers. There was a horrible experience for me because I had the luxury of sitting on my couch just eating food with my friends and watching the show like a normal person, you know, but to watch it with a whole bunch of fans. And that was a particularly emotional episode as well. There was where I was talking about my dad. I think it was a makeover challenge and watching that is really difficult to watch with a bunch of people. And then to get to the finale, it was like I'm in a room of all these you know, these people who were just you know, super fans, and you know, every drag queen and his bloody dog was there, and you know that your peers, they you're you know, you're in a room full of people who are at the top of their game. They are, And I mean the three of us had the best time, Like we all had our families and stuff here, and we all had drinks. We were even late to the finale because we were just having too much fun with all of our families meeting, and we were all in one hotel room having you know, caught it all talks and all of our moms just got together and suddenly happened to just end up all wearing denim jackets out like just so you know, weird. But the three of us absolutely love and adore each other. So we sat there and just watched it with pride. But I think when it comes to that finale moment, like my stomach just dropped, like oh I was resound to the fact I was like, okay, I'm not going to win, like I'm just not and I was okay with that, but I also just felt like sick at the same time, like I keep saying to the girls, I think I'm gonna throw up, Like I was just like, just get to the fucking end of this bloody episode, like hurry up, like I can't, I can't take this. And then of course, because we're on the stage as well, it's like all the eyes are behind our back and it's just it felt like, yeah, it felt like people were looking through you in a way, and you're just like trying to keep it together. But then you're like, oh my god, I really just want to like lie on my couch and watch this. I don't want to like be with all these people and then winning as well. I mean, in that moment, like my heart just broke for the two girls, Like that was my first initial reaction was shock a but my heart just broke for them because it's like we all wanted it so much and they are just so incredible, and I mean I'm incredible too. I'm starting to realize this, but just in very different ways. And I think it's those expectations, but it was unreal to be in a room full of people and we got to sit there and support each other and love each other, and they were so graceful and gracious, and they just made it that much more special. I mean, the girls have been sharing the photos with me at the moment and they are horrendous. Here's me like crying, like I'm like, oh god, and these two girls are like living their best lives and they keep sharing them to me just cracks me up. So they were so kind.
Speaker 2: And how long did you celebrate for? Did you manage to stay out late or did you try and get to bed? Was it an all line or what happened?
Speaker 1: No, it became quite od. No, Actually, yeah, I got home when the sun was rising. I think I even did an interview before I went to bed, like so that's how like early it was. And then I slept like for oh god, it felt like it was like eight hours. It wasn't. It was probably only five hours. But yeah, I really needed the rest and the sleep. But no, I had a good time last night. I probably celebrated a little bit more of that actual feeling of winning because it was just still a rollercoaster, like I'm just on autopilot. At the moment, like I just have to keep going, keep going. And now I'm on tour as well, so it's like just got to keep going, keep going, keep going, so hopefully I'll get a break soon.
Speaker 2: Has this experience or do you think this experience, you know, has it changed your life? I mean, do you think that you'll pick up more blokes or what? Do you think has this experience changed your life?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm still single, so there's that.
Speaker 2: You Like, no winner of RuPaul's drag race Shags is that what we're going to call it?
Speaker 1: I mean, this is the girls are like trying to give me the shag, like everything that moves, and I'm just like, I think I'm at that point like I've been an absolute slat in my twenties. I've done that, you know, I've lived that life, and I'm at that point where it's like I need more than just guy to just have sex with or whatever. I'm looking for. It not even a relationship or anything. It's the connection. It's like I need the X factor about them for me to be interested, and I need them to know who they are because I know who I am and I can't take that shit on, Like I just can't. I'm looking for it, not even a relationship or anything. It's the connections. And I know it sounds stupid, like it's just so weird, like i don't know how I got here, but I've just set that point in life where it's like it's just not worth it, Like I'm actually looking for something decent and something for more. So if a husband is out there and wants to go out for a meal instead of just trying to root me in the.
Speaker 2: Hall, the best thing is the camera froze there for a minute, and let me tell you that face was amazing.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I mean honestly, if you can see half the faces may happen to me. And then because of course New Zealand and it is so crap that when I talk to the girls, I'm always on reconnect, so it's always ends up freezing as like a reconnection, So they end up screenshotting them and just keep sending them to me and they're horrendous, like everything is terrible, like horrenders.
Speaker 2: Do you think the winning changes what you will do with the experience of being on the show, Because there was a lot of people saying, oh, Queen Kong could win, because I think Queen Kong would do a lot with it, And I'm like, we not lose these shows. You should still take this experience and do something.
Speaker 3: With it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's again it's that thing of like that's other people's expectations of that, Like I went on a show to compete, to prove to myself that I still had it that end. But also I mean for me, like I completely understand what they're saying, you know it. You know, Queen represents her community so fiercely and proudly, you know, and she would have used that platform for that, you know. For me, it's like my platform is literally I just want to spread some joy and love and the very thing that I want to be doing with my life is to entertain and to just be that light for people, and not only that, it prove to other people that they can do it too. And I just want to go around the world and inspire people. You know, I'm not all for one message or all for these people, for everybody, you know what I mean, I don't give a fuck, Like we need to stop putting labels and barriers and things on them. It's like, just do it, do it, live it, be it, breathe it, and if I can be that light, that's all I ever wanted to do, and that's what I want to use from this, is to be able to stand on that stage and turn the party every night.
Speaker 2: I just think, if you want to be a Kardashian, be a Kardashian. You don't need just to go out and do it. If it makes you feel good to mimic what those Kardashians are wearing, because that makes you feel important, do it, you know what I mean. And they're like, oh but I don't have the followers or you know, I don't have the exact look.
Speaker 3: It's like, I know it's in here.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Think you're a Kardashian. I mean well, I mean like.
Speaker 1: I mean, people give them shit, Like, let's be fair. What I mean. Okay, it wasn't them. It's bloody Christiana, so let's be fair. But she's a marketing genius, you know, so who's the stupid one? They turned it into a fortune, So you know who's to say that we were? You know, we all give them a hard time. Okay, yeah, they could be quite superficial and stuff, but they're fucking smart, very smart.
Speaker 2: And this is what I thought was really interesting. Was someone who knew Chris told me this story, and now I feel like I've made it up. But Chris was going to dinner parties with some amazing people, like was going to dinner parties with the best brand ambassador and was the wife sitting there at the table. But she took notes over years and years and years. You know, she just happened to be at the table with Michael Jackson. She happened to be at the table with the press to the next president. She was around people who went on to achieve amazing things, and she took notes, you know, And I thought, no, that.
Speaker 3: Is really smart. But this isn't a podcast about the Kadashian so we should really.
Speaker 1: But that's also a message for life, do you know what I mean? Like what you've just said there is like through life you have these experiences. And that's exactly what I've done with my life too. It's like, you know, same with RuPaul. You pack up those notes that like nuggets and if you can't see it, you're just not the you're just not getting it. And it's life is full of them. It's full of them. It may be that guy you just had dinner with for ten minutes. You've never met them before, but they said something that you were like, Okay, I get it, pick it up, put it down, you know, put it in there, retain it. You know. That's really a message for life, like it is. Be smart, you know, listen to it. It's all around you constantly. You just have to listen properly and pick it up.
Speaker 2: I feel inspired listening to you tell tell this. I mean today it'll be an to order pizza Hut and eat that in bed.
Speaker 1: Hey, byes, I'm about half a minute away from that myself order the family pack. Do it, guys. Me and my drag sister I was talking about this some of the other day. Well you say the like the pizza appened, and well you say, have one saved in there and it was called the Fatty Special. And we used to watch drag race and order the Fetty Special, which was like a massive, like you know, a messive deal with everything as well on the side. And yeah, that just reminds me of that story. That was our aspiration.
Speaker 3: Feel inspired. People that are listening to this, go out there.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah, do it, guys, eat it.
Speaker 2: What would you like to see with the series three. I mean, we you always gotta be really careful when you're part of a global franchise like RuPaul's. You know, we can't give away too much or comment too much on it. But you know, for you personally, after living this experience, what could they do to the next series to make it better?
Speaker 1: I think, I mean for the franchise personally, I think it's time that the format changed. I think that like the format just hasn't had enough of it a change up, Like they've tried different things with all stars and you know, all of that, but it's still the same. So and that's getting tired and it's getting predictable. So I think for me, that's that's one thing I would change. But the second thing is that I would like to see a season of older queens, Like I'd actually like to see people who are over, you know, over the age of thirty and a whole cast of them, you know, even forty or fifty or sixty. There's some bloody, funny, hilarious drag queens. And they had the drag queens like me and Minnie who or Minnie and I sorry, we come from a different era of drag and I feel like we're missing out on the entertainment that those queens could totally bring to the party. And I think if we just let the world, say, even if we just had one bloody series, you know, just one series of all the old you know, just going hand man and giving it a go, I just think it would be thoroughly entertaining. And I think, you know, we always talk about in the world. You know, I was always taught, you know, respect your elders, you know, respect you know the people who came before you, you know, your parents, respect Janana and granddad, you know, the other beginning of this family. And we just don't do enough of that. And TV or media. It's kind of like you get to a certain age point and you're like, you're done, You're useless. You know, you're not pretty enough for You're not Oh, nobody's going to buy that because you're obviously two bloody old. This is a load of shit, Like I'm not dead, and these girls aren't dead either, And it's like that still in the club, working their asses off, you know, beer, min and and money. But these are the people who've been doing it for you know, twenty you know, twenty five years thirty years. The experience that they bring is something that I find would be very, very refreshing.
Speaker 2: And I do not forget the drama, you know, Mini Cooper, oh the time that there's old queens bring. They are a whole bag of crazy that we're missing.
Speaker 1: Out one hundred percent. And the thing is, it's like, yeah, Mini's batshit, but at the same time, it comes from a place of that's who Mini's character is like. And these girls are fully realized characters. They're not trying to find their place. They're not trying to discover themselves. They know who they are and they've been delivering it for years and I think that that's in some way that's what helped me as well. It's like, I know who I am, you know what I mean. I didn't come here to find myself. I came here to deliver myself.
Speaker 2: Interestingly enough, Minnie Cooper is one of my favorite contestants ever. If you watch the show and you don't hear about all the backstage drama that was happening while it was being filmed and all that sort of stuff gets thrown out, and you watch her contribution to the series as it is brilliant brilliant. It was great television always, like you know, I mean it kind of looked like it was her time to go when she went. But you know, had she not have had a down day that day, I think that she could have been there standing next to you. I mean, you are my favorite. I'll just say that right now. I wanted you to meet. I take her, but I just thought Minni Cooper has a lot to offer. And I'm talking to Minnie Cooper after the show as a person is another experience altogether, Like there's a lot more there.
Speaker 1: She's such an incredible talent, and I mean she is a legend. She's an icon, you know, like I remember when I first started drag, I used to see like if you think back to when New Zealand used to have the Hero Parade and like Marti Grara and stuff, and when you're a young gay teenager, that's kind of really the only like exposure I really ever had was like you know, seeing the Hero Parade or Marty gra on TV and these were the people, you know, these are the people that were in the gay magazine or having articles about them. And I mean even I have a book at home which is called The Baby the Baby Drag Queen Name Book and it sits on my coffee table and her fucking in it, do you know what I mean? Like, she's in this book and for me personally, you know, I look at that name in that book and I got to meet that legend and that icon. You know, She's just as much of an icon as RuPaul is.
Speaker 3: They are are preach.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: A good question to ask you before we finish up is do you think that we could have filmed the series in Australia and not New Zealand? And does where it gets filmed? Does down Under? And where it gets filmed?
Speaker 3: Does that matter?
Speaker 1: I think there's positives and negatives. I think that if Australia did it, it would probably have a very different feel. And I think, you know, New Zealand gave you a different feel again, and I think that that's more of a reflection of the creative team behind it and where they come from. So yeah, I think that there would be differences. Definitely. I don't think it should matter because I think that at the end of the day, the people who are the contestants and the part of the show, they are representing the country because that's where they come from, you know. So I don't think in that respect that it would change anything. I think we all have a fair enough chance at it. But I do think that, you know, the production value might have been a lot higher if we're in Australia, to be fair, and we might not have been in.
Speaker 3: A shed, just saying I'd love to see that, love to see babes.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Like it was like so when we rocked up, I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about it, but I will. So when we roped up, like it was like it's like a shopping village. So it's like there's like a supermarket and there's like a minor ten and there's like some houses like apartment houses, and then there's like, you know, this bloody boutique, bougie fucking supermarket, you know, where a carrot costs you twenty eight bucks, and like, you know, like this it's just this like little shopping area, right, and then it is just this like random office building, just random and it's in there and you just would never know that that was what was happening. You would just from the outside you think it was just some corporate headquarters. To let you know, somebody selling them Nickers from there, you know what I mean, like a reality like it was it's our workroom and they do. They do lots of different shows through their building as well, so that you know it's multi use. But yeah, god it was. It was definitely eye opening. I mean I thought I was going to a studio, you know, fancy and you know, all of this kind of crept but no, I was wrong.
Speaker 2: People always think it's way more glamorous than it really is, which I always think really funny.
Speaker 3: Like people were like, what was the Big Brother?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I leant on a wall and a piece of the wall fell off, like it was someone had someone had used glue, like really cheap glue to hold the walls together. I was like horrendous, like as in, it was not what people expected. No, for the very first time in this podcast, I'm mixing this up because that is the best behind the scenes secret that I really have had from the season, is a look behind what the set of RuPaul's.
Speaker 3: Actually looks like.
Speaker 2: So I'm not even going to ask you my question of what is something from behind the scenes, because that is just a gem. But I'll finish up just by saying to you how amazing this chat has been for me. And I hope that people listening to this get something out of it as well.
Speaker 3: I hope they're gonna laugh. I hope they feel inspired.
Speaker 2: And you, my friend, We're going to be in your audience for a long time and I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much. I mean, we just smashed our first night of the like the drag Race tour last night here in Sydney at Hauned Pavilion, and I think we had like two five hundred people come. And like, I say that to me is the payoff and the fact that I like and I hope that I'm around, you know, for people, it's not all about being a celebrity to me, and I couldn't give a fuck. It's like people see me as a celebrity even in the street, you know. I'm like, they're like, I'm so sorry. Like I'm like, I'm literally nobody. I'm literally nobody. I'm literally a person who entered a competition. I won that in Yes, I will have a photo with you. I appreciate it. But if I just get to go out there and keep entertaining and to be able to do that is absolute when to me. So I just hope that I get to do that for the rest of my life, and I just hope people just want.
Speaker 2: To keep coming absolutely and still be that person if you want to be face down drunk at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Night, fights, face down our sup Yeah, face down our sub mate.
Speaker 3: I'm no celebrity and we'll see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I would love that. I'd love to be on like celebrity like Treasure Island or something like that, like or an amazing race like I think it'd be fucking hilarious, like so much fun.
Speaker 2: I would pay to see. I would pay to see you and Minnie Cooper on that show.
Speaker 1: To be fair, oh my god, we'd kill each other. We'd actually kill each.
Speaker 3: Other, rip both of you. I think.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know who would die first, to be fair, but I think it's probably Many.
Speaker 3: It's Mini, It's definitely Mini. Anyone playing along, it's Many.
Speaker 1: Fur