Speaker 1: It's the pickup with Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here Friday afternoon, rush into Chemists Warehouse for half price off vitamins and cosmetics, teas and seas. Apply chemist Warehouse great savings every day.
Speaker 2: You guys mon't remember last week. I think it was we were talking about non serious things you keep from your partner, like harmless secrets, right, you know, a little white lie that's okay to tell.
Speaker 3: We've all got them. I don't care who you are.
Speaker 2: Like people that say they don't fight, you do fart, you do keep secrets from your partner. My partner, Ben lives overseas, and it means it's quite easy to keep things from him.
Speaker 4: Brit lies to him more on a technicality, because you.
Speaker 3: Can innocent, innocent things.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I was telling you guys about what I keep from Ben, and that is that I pretend that I cook more than I do.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because I'm a terrible cook. He's an athlete.
Speaker 2: He always wants me to be eating well and vegetables, and I can never be bothered.
Speaker 3: I'm always eating Coco pops. This is what I had to say. So I often will just like sit down with my bowl of Coca Pubs and I'll.
Speaker 2: Just find like an pitch online of Hallo Fresh of a Meal and I'm.
Speaker 3: To send it to him.
Speaker 2: So I don't realize that Ben listens to the pickup, so he all the way from Scotland. He tunes into the podcast version that we drop on the weekend. We put it in the pickup and we put all the highlights. I didn't even think about it.
Speaker 4: Wait, he listens every week to the catch up show. Apparently it's dedication.
Speaker 1: Because that's actually quite lovely, that's beautiful.
Speaker 2: So he heard, he heard what I do, and a couple of nights ago he was like, when'd you have the dinners in it?
Speaker 3: And I told him and he's.
Speaker 4: Like, how did you say?
Speaker 3: How did you cook it? Fully trying to catch me out. So I sent him a picture and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, you're a liar. He's like, you've already sent me that picture. I sent him a double up picture, literally, send me a picture. I'm send him like you've already said a month ago, and I was like, and I got my back up about it. I was like, I would never lie to you. I can't gasp. I was like, I can't believe you'd call me a liar, Ben, and he's like, dare even if you are, like listen to my job?
Speaker 4: Yeah and how dig Yeah, I know I would be double down as well healthy.
Speaker 2: So I doubled down and we ended up having it out and he's like, I heard you.
Speaker 3: I can't believe this was a test. And I was like, oh, so you're testing me now.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I had to make a promise to him that I would no longer have Coca Pops for dinner or night because it isn't healthy, and I would eat vegetables.
Speaker 4: How's that going?
Speaker 3: Instant karma?
Speaker 2: Two nights later been last night, I was like, I just won't tell him, but I'm gonna have Coco Pops for dinner again. Anyway, the soy milk that I had was completely off and I spent the whole night on the toilet both ends.
Speaker 4: He did that to you on purpose. Ben was like, I know you're lying to me, and somehow, through his smarty little Scottish senses, he made you go off.
Speaker 2: Well, I think this is the moral of the story, right, You can't lie to your partner.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think you can.
Speaker 1: Last week, Laura Britt was going, it's okay to light to your partner. Now she has one sip of sour soy milk and he's going never.
Speaker 3: I'm cheating on the vegetables with the Coca pops.
Speaker 4: I'm not cheating it, okay. I want to know how Ben feels knowing that you said on national radio within Australia that it's okay to lardie your partner even if it is a white light. Like what was his take on the whole thing?
Speaker 3: Apart from just being the food that's the Pickup.
Speaker 1: And Brittain Bend are no longer together all right now? Next on the show, I am I'm a single boy. I'm in my dating era and I'm starting to go back on dates and I've just got back on the apps. Here's the thing. They've changed so much since I've been single. I was in a relationship for five years. It's a whole new world. But there is a way that I think I can incorporate the two of you, Britain Laura into my dating profile. Don't drug, no, no, no, it's not not in that regard. It's it's something you can do on the show and we'll do it next here at the pickup