Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload, the podcast last.
Speaker 2: Week that live.
Speaker 1: And welcome back guys to TV Reload. As you may know, my name is Benjamin Norris and this is your podcast to get all the inside goss on the popular TV shows you may be watching from around the world. Undeniably, our TV sets are a major part of our home entertainment, and yet very little is known about how our favorite shows get made. So each episode I've been finding guests that want to dive just that little bit deeper into their shows they're currently making, so that you can hear all the exclusive stories and gain access to the biggest names in Australian television. I want to thank you for downloading or subscribing to this podcast however you've found me. I love hearing your feedback, so make sure you leave a review or a comment on your chosen podcast platform. Today's episode, I'm joined by Bo Ryan, the host of Amazing Race Australia Celebrity Edition, who is here to brief you on the most epic season of the show Australia has ever seen. From culture shock, mere budgets and the pressure of a NonStop race Australian celebrity races and their race partners will get tested in ways we've never seen before. Each episode, the celebrities, which include Grant, Denya George from Survivor Ben Gillies from Silverchair, amongst many others, meet at the starting line by today's guest Bo Ryan, who will be sure to throw some twists and turns their way as they race across the globe. Bo Ryan is an Australian television presenter, actor, singer and former professional rugby league footballer. He played for the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks and the Wests Tigers in the National Rugby League, but then went on to become a TV personality with his comedic work on The Footy Show, which I'm sorry was very iconic. We do mention his best friend, Bruno boishe a couple of times, and I thought i'd quickly addressed that at this point because he's a mutual friend of ours. Bruno is a bloody legend and you should probably go and google him anyway. I will find out if the celebrities are better at the Amazing race than the usual players and if they were more demanding. We will discuss how hard it is to step back from hosting a show like this to be a contestant and if that's going to be a massive, eager hit for people like Grant Dania and Darren McMullen. We will also chat Gladiators and how excited he is to be hosting that new series which is a reboot, and why he is now making TV shows for families. Plus we will get plenty of exclusives from behind the scenes of the Amazing Race Australia Celebrity Edition, which launches Wednesday, the fourth of October at seven thirty on Network ten and you will be able to catch up if you fall a little bit behind on ten Play anyway, guys, let's bring Bo into the podcast. He is such a legend and I hope you guys enjoy this chat. Beny boys, how are you, buddy, You're well.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm really excited mate. It's a really it's a superseeds. Obviously, we've got the celebrities who are another level as you know. Yeah, but places we go to made are incredible, a hostile, they're hot, they take their prisoners and perfect for celebrities.
Speaker 1: I want to know though, with these celebrities, do you reckon that they take it a little bit more seriously than your usual non celebrity contestants. I mean, what's the difference between the type of people.
Speaker 2: No, because they're all if any, I would have thought the other way around, because the people are regular people who have been competing over the last five years, are competing for a massive prize money of quarter of a million dollars or cars added, it can change your life. So I actually thought, in all honesty, the celebrities would it'd be harder to get them going, do you know what I mean? But they're all competing for charity, and pretty much from the first app, probably the second app, I realized how much it meant to that because their charity has mean everything to them. And I've competed in shows are representing a charity and you do dig deep, and I thought I was astonished by how how hard they went and what they put themselves through to reward their charity.
Speaker 1: The weird thing about this series was I knew so many famous people that had said to me over the last ten years that they really wanted to do the Amazing Race. I don't know why this particular show is one that celebs had been wanting to do. But I thought about you and the type of person. We are very generous as a friend. I'm imagining that you've got a lot of celebs hitting you up on your Instagram asking to put in a good word for them. Am I going down the right path here? Does this happen to you every year?
Speaker 2: One hundred percent? And just in terms of casting, it is the most popular show in Australia. We have like thirty thousand teams apply. I'm talking fifty sixty thousand people apply and celebrities and you'll see on this season we've got some great names. We had a few people pull out late because of clashes in their availability. But in terms of people like Ben Gillies, for example from Silverchair has been asked to do every show forever and doesn't even flinch. Beck Judd is another one has been asked every year. They keep coming back, you know, to suit her, more money, whatever. And these are people that are fans of The Shadow. These are people that love the show. They want to experience, whether it's travel because we've been you know, inside for three years and they want to get out, or they want to experience something with their last one or best friend, or mom or brother. So it's actually not that hard to cast, which is great because then we can get some wonderful names.
Speaker 1: I remember Stephen Tate emailed me once about it and I was like, oh, wow, that would be good to be back on television again. How exciting. And then the people that they suggest that I go with, like it was like someone i'd done Big Brother with or my partner, and I was like, I really value that friend, and I don't want to get a divorce.
Speaker 2: So I just said, no, you're a hundred percent right, do not do it with your partner, my wife and I would last I reckon two minutes. I'm talking about marriage. I'm not talking on the show. Yeah, it's intense, man, Like, I'm like, you know what it's like reality TV. I'm talking fourteen sixteen hour days every day for a month or or longer sometimes, and cameras are in your face and it's a lie. We drop on you in the middle of a country or a city where you don't know the language, right, you don't know the currency, you've got no bearings, you've got no technology, and you've got to come and find me.
Speaker 1: That's something I could do easily. My friend that is that I remember you doing one of the footy show things. You can see how I'm into sport with the way that I've just said it that way. But I remember I was on a radio show in central Queensland and my one job was to go and interview and you were the easiest person to find because you and my friend have this fan base that was like you were a pied piper. We just saw this big tale of crowd moving and that was where you find bo Ryan.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is I feel like. I mean, obviously we're in Queensland. It's a rugby league city and state.
Speaker 1: You're a god. You're a god there.
Speaker 2: But it's great up there. Footy show days were crazy, mate. I'll tell you one thing about We used to do four or five outside broadcasts a year and they're a big thing to put together. We'd go to Newcastle, woman Gold, but our one's in Queensland. I'm talking North Queensland, Brisbane. One time we're in North Queensland and we had eight thousand people there out of one of the entertainment centers. I was standing out the front and it was like a concert. So we went and had a rehearsal in the day, not a rehearsal, but you know, we got our bearings. But we went down there and it was people lining up, and I went and saw one of the people in the crowd and started talking to them, and a lady that worked on the ticket thing at the front said the footy show sold out quicker than Elton John. And that's when it hit me where I was like, okay, okay, maybe this is a little bit bigger than I think it is. And of course Queensland don't really get you know, we don't really We're not there every week, and Sydney probably take it for granted. We've got so many different sports and opportunities down here. But go on to Queensland, mate, I am. I love it. And plus my wife's a Queensland so you know, holds a special place in my heart and my daughter was conceived.
Speaker 1: There the other there you go. I mean, you're a full service showman, which means that you're getting a Elton John performance somewhere along the way anyway you do a good rocket man or you know, candle in the wind or something. Yeah, yeah, right, No, I just was thinking Network ten is not going to pay for the divorce. So that's the reason why I was like, definitely not doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you're smart, very very smart play but yeah it's popular and it's a test exactly right what you said. It's a test. It'll test you because what happens in your little world, whether you're in your car, driving somewhere in your kitchen or at home in your bedroom doesn't matter. And you've got your little private moments and whether it's an argument or affection or whatever it is, that's your safe space. But having Australia see it sometimes with no context, it's it's exposing. And I admire the people that come on the show because, like I said, I could do it, couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: I wanted to ask about the application process because you guys had started advertising for a non celebrity version. What was the change in mind? Do you get to know that kind of stuff? I mean, I don't know how much skin you've got in a game making those decisions. But there was a lot of people applying already before it became the celebrity version.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, like I said earlier, when we got like I'm talking tens of thousands of people ready to go every year, and obviously you want to fit a character or a fit a type of person or type of personality we need on the show. You can't have all the same people. And a lot of people want to just come on because they want to win the show. We're making a TV show. Essentially, it is a race, but it's a TV show. It's for entertainment. But I remember, I think it was last year when we come back from the Europe and South American series and we'd shot over the four years, three seasons, and you know what TV is like. After about three or four season, you got to mix it up. Now, whether we were going to bring it all stars in or a celebrity, the timing was now, and we sat and we spoke and there were some feelers put out and then the thing with the amazing race. Yeah, it's a big production. We've got I'm talking one hundred and fifty people on the road, but it's a six month prep because we need people to go over and wrecky the spots. We're going to the countries. I use the franchise people and rules so we can get the layer of the land and this will everyone happened quick. So usually I've got a few months, a few months. Some might sleep when I know we're going. I'm lucky that you know ten pretty much just tell me what to do and where to be all the time. So I'm literally at their service whenever. And I remember I got a call off Tay and he's like Stephen Tate and he said, mate, we are going in three weeks, right, So then I had that conversation with my wife and it was it was good. I mean, it wasn't a long season in terms of how long we're away, running away a month in total, but it happened quick, mate, It happened quick.
Speaker 1: Well, knowing you your wife would be like, go on, go and have fun. But how was Bruno? Was Bruno okay with you?
Speaker 2: The thing about Bruno, The funny thing is Bruno and I share each other's locations, right, We're the only thing I don't share my I've got my daughter's location on my phone so I can find out where she is. But Bruno, I'll share each others locations. Now. At the time, I was actually meant to go to France. Oh wow, I'm going to go to France to see Kyle and Bruno over there at Coles honeymoon of course, of course, and that's when I got called up. And I remember Bruno text you one day and said, how's Cambodia. I stopped checking my Instagram because I didn't want to see him and Kyle drinking. Of course, I mean Cambodia in a rice field at four hundred. Well, I said to Bruno, talked to you in two weeks and it was the hardest thing he ever went through, and he's been through some hard stuff.
Speaker 1: They're the real tears. As I said, your wife's like, go on, have fun, we'll see you.
Speaker 2: So send the money back. We'll be good.
Speaker 1: Have you have people ever been cast to be on the show and then you've found out that they've got like misdemeanors or travel restrictions or something that has happened to them that has meant that you've got to recast them at the last minute.
Speaker 2: Short answers, Yes, I was no names, no names. I'm not talking misdemeanors. But I remember our first season, so we did a quarantine in two thousand, I think eighteen nineteen, where before quarantine was a thing, right, but we you do the quarantine to psychological We get the teams in a bubble and you know a bit of warfare, bit of mine games. I remember we were in South Korea and I walked into the room. I'm talking there's fifty camera set up and the in noormally was hitting its first season and I didn't make the contestants till just before I meet him first time at the pit stop, which is I always liked to stay away from because you want first reaction of coause there was a there was mayhem the day before it started, might have been two or three days before it started, actually, because the teams had walked in and when they met each other, one of the one of the mums. There was two mums in there. Two mums who were a team met one of the other teams and they were related. Oh so that was her auntie or something like that. So we flew one of the teams home and brought in an emergency team because that was political, right, that was seen as an advantage. And I still think about that team all the time because they were sent back back to Australia.
Speaker 1: Which how do you choose, Like who's choosing that? Like did you paper rocks as this family or did you work out who had a better personality for the show. What happened to that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously I wanted them to wrestle. It was again fitting what we needed in the show and who could come in. All about availability, I'm talking, we've got twenty four hours. Man, you've got to get someone from here to Korea? Do you know what I mean? The normality was like availabilities because people have told they're not on the show. We had people on planes. They've got to get off work this back then we're doing six to eight weeks away. So it's a process. They made it happen and we shot a season.
Speaker 1: It's crazy with each contestant because you were saying, there's like one hundred and fifty people going on tour with this show. So does each contestant get like one cameraman and one producer? And what stops the what stops these two other people possibly from helping them? You know, with the process.
Speaker 2: We have a rotation policy o WO policy. So if me and you're a team, for example, I haven't really touched on this is a very good question. We'll have a camera, a cameraman, camera woman, on audio person and a sort of a producer. So you think, you know, we we got got twelve teams this year at four name we started, so that you've obviously got twenty four people. We rotate them every two days, sometimes three days, so they don't get any that even though they're not allowed to speak to them, there's no relationship formed or bias. Then we have zone cameras, and that where it became an issue. Not an issue, but aheadache last year or the year before, I can't think because I don't really know what dat is. But we were in Morocco and we did a world record. We had twenty teams. So we had twenty teams, which is forty people, which forty people means forty cameramen.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: I think forty camera We had the zone people, we had the audio people, we had producers. That production I'm talking hundreds and hundreds on the road and then shuffling them was literally erasing itself moving people around. So the production is I can't speak highly enough of them, but it is a big process. Mate. Like I've worked in many shows, this show is like and so many movie parts. Then you throw in COVID the other year. It's just it's incredible. We should it.
Speaker 1: I'm a bit like hannibal lector or serial killer. So like, you know, I don't know why I'm referring to myself as that, but I feel like if I had the same producers, the same cameraman, I feel like I'd win them over, like that's just a part of my personality. They'd be totaled to talk to me, and I would because I remember even with big brother had a minder and I managed to get actual inside information out of him by just like being myself, like you know, just manipulating him. And I feel like that's amazing that you said that they rotate everyone to stop that kind of thing from happening, because I mean, I wouldn't be the only one with that kind of superpower, you know.
Speaker 2: Of course, and everyone's trying it, and but sometimes it's a random work, you know what I mean. One word can change, can change a result, you know, you accidentally say Portugal or something like that, and little things like that can give teams advantages. Like it's massive. I mean, they're all they're all the cameramen and the audio and producers, especially the ones that have been doing it for a while, which is good, we run a tight ship. And also the new ones that come in a lot of the time, I sort of it's not that they're scared, but they are very to a tee, they very professional. It's like they're a bit nervous. They don't want to step out. And we have a lot of new producers and crew. That's when it runs the smoothest.
Speaker 1: And celebrities are full on like you know you and I know this. We've been around them for a long time. They know how to manipulate people, they know how to get what they want. I mean, if I was a producer and Grant Daniel started to, you know, look like he needed my help, I think I'd struggle to not help him. It's Grant Daniel, that's right.
Speaker 2: You're gonna understand a lot of these guys have worked with producers and camera group people in previous seasons of different shows, or worked with them in studio shows, or they know them from around around town. So the rotation is a key to the show's success. But yeah, mate, celebrities and other level Mate, they're entitled. They're entitled. You know, everyone's entitled. Every everyone who's shot one series of something thinks thinks they're entitled to something. And the thing is that's surprising about these this season, and I'll be honest with you, the ones I thought would be entitled were actually the most level.
Speaker 1: Wow, I feel like I want the names, but I'll move on to Darren McMullan anyway you'll find it. You know, I thought it was funny that Darren was there because, like in the first episode, I think you give him a bit of a job about him wanting your job. But I also thought it was kind of cool that you've got Grant Dan here and Darren mcmullum there in case you get sick. They can stand in as a TV host.
Speaker 2: You know that's right. But obviously with Darren would probably need a translate, and we Grant Daniel would probably named four or five telephone books for hunder stand on. It made that very clear TV works. And I know you all want my job and it ain't happening.
Speaker 1: But you know what's so funny about The Amazing Race is that all over the world it's so popular that people have tried to clone the game in some way. We saw one I think it was called rush or I can't remember it now, but you know, nobody else that's tried to mix up this formula has ever made it work. It's never been as good as The Amazing Race. Why is that? I don't understand. Like Russi and a few others were almost the same sort of show, but it just didn't land. What happens a few things you're not in it.
Speaker 2: People always love who's first. Right. If you do something first, especially in our industry, you're because you're rolling the dice on something right and you're stepping out of your comfort zone. The Amazing Race's been around for over twenty years. When Phil Cogan and that got it, I've met cameraman. So you gotta understand. When we're shooting the series, not only do we have the production company there and the networks and there, we've also got Amazing Race franchise people there to keep it all above board. But I remember we're running through India, we're running through China years ago, and people are pulling us up and saying, that's the Amazing Race. They don't know me, they an't the teams, but they know the Amazing Race. And that happens every day in every city, and that's when it hits you. The normity of the show in terms of why the other shows work. I just think we were first right, and they've worked this system and this partner out. They know what works. There's so many different options in the show, whether it's a roadblock or a U turn, and they've actually mastered it over twenty years. I've seen the first couple of seasons and when I was shot, they were rogued. It's like me following you with an old handicamp, and they've taken twenty years to master it. So when a rush comes in or the greatest race around the world, they're starting from square one because they don't want to be the Amazing Race Australia and we've got twenty years in front of them and they'll never be another Amazing Race Australia. And being a global franchise made it hits you with your normany you know. It is one of the biggest shows in the world. I'm talking the American show. They got their budgets like fifties plus million, they're flying chartered jets, They're like another level. This show is a very expensive show to make, but there will never be a show like this ever again.
Speaker 1: It was interesting though. I went back. I watched the first episode of the new series and it's very good and then I was curious, so I went onto YouTube and watched some of the old episodes from when it first started all those years ago overseas, and it was really interesting to see how well the show has been polished to what it is now, Like it still maintains that integrity in a lot of ways, but it's just been sort of more well oiled or something. I don't know. It was really interesting to see.
Speaker 2: You're right, You're right, I said earlier. Our audience is different when you know this. If the Amazing and the Amazing Race, whether it's a US version, Canadian Asian version, they're all wonderful shows. But our show is different because we lean into a lot of things, whether it's we lean into the culture and a little bit more, or we try try and get away. I push the limits in terms of what I say because our audience is very demanding. They're ruthless. We have to be entertained constantly. I can't just sit there and give you a flat piece to camera because people get bored quick so they can get away with it, especially in the UK, different countries, because the show so big and people love it. Australians want to laugh now, want to be entertained now every single piece, every episode, they want to feel something. So I feel our season and I watch a lot of the seasons. I watch a lot of the hosts. My role is to be outside the box and really bring something that the other seasons don't. And I've done that since the first season. And I remember seeing there with the amazing race franchise people laughter, my first piece of camera, and I threw some things in there with me and we're pushing it already, and I saw him looking at each other going, holy shit, I've we got this guy. This is a problem. You know what I mean? This is I saw them look at each other going, this is this is not what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Well, luckily grand Edi wasn't around for the first series because they could have easily replaced you. But you know, you give the biggest lolls of this first episode. You know, you are very funny, and I was wondering, I mean, I've seen you do live piece to cameras. I've seen you make it up on the fly. It is your skill set, But is anyone writing your jokes like? You're very funny?
Speaker 2: Now we've got I mean, we've got to write it for our scripts, but our producers do a wonderful job where you need to understand, especially India, were standing in a pitstock. We might get there at two pm after filming all day some challenges because all shoots for four or five challenges a day, they might only do four, or I might do six challenges just to cover them all, just in case they don't go to the Hindu temple or they go to the fishing boats. So we're going to cover all that. But sometimes I'll be in the pit stock. Average time five hours. I'm standing with you for five hours. Man, I'm going to say something funny in five hours. Time is on my side. Time is on my side.
Speaker 1: You're talking long enough, there's got to be something funny in there.
Speaker 2: Long enough to make it sound funny. So that's the only thing I.
Speaker 1: Want to talk to you about some of the sleds really quickly before you go, So just a quick thing. Is it hard because I mean you went into the jungle and you really had to take your post hat off to become a contest. Is that a really hard thing to do for your ego when you have hosted your own shows, Because as we've been talking about, we've got grand and Darren's there is it hard to take a step back and go on these shows and not be the host once you've already done that.
Speaker 2: I feeled alright in the Jungle. In terms of doing that, I can't speak for Darren and Grant. I just wasn't prepared for the Jungle. I wasn't prepared.
Speaker 1: You hated the Jungle, didn't you. I remember someone telling me that you thought it was the worst. I mean, you were happy to do it and you said yes, and you thought it would be great, but you hated.
Speaker 2: It physically and mentally. That was the season we didn't have a race season for ye and I can't relate to agree. I just wasn't ready. But in terms of being humbled now, I sort of was doing what I could for the network and helping and wanted to test myself. And I don't think many other shows would have shown like you do have to humble yourself and swallow your pride. But this show is an entertaining show. It's a fun show. It's hard and hostile, but people want to travel, like I said, like Darren wants to travel the world. They want to test themselves. They want to be on Grant wants to spend some time with his wife, give her a chance to shine. So as hard as it is to humble yourself, you still get to experience stuff that you'll never ever experience ever again.
Speaker 1: Good And do you know I'm the most excited for George from Australian Survivor, Like, I'm did you watch his seasons of Australian Survivor. I'm mad for this guy.
Speaker 2: Last couple he's a Yeah, he's something else, George. He's so important to the show. He's real, he's legit.
Speaker 1: Would he throw his own sister under a bus to win this series? And is that something he can do or did you put that in his contract to make sure he didn't throw her under a bus to win?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He throw anyone off anything to win. That's him apart, right, that's what makes him the king, and he's so valuable to the show. But him and Pamah, his sister, are wonderful, super important.
Speaker 1: I just towards the end of watching this first episode of just imagine she'd be asleep and he'd be dragging her along, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, look, he wouldn't be the perfect partner. I'm not going to lie to you, but he would be. He's entertained and that's why he's there. He's wonderful, he's a weapon. His mentality is out of this world and he does well.
Speaker 1: What about some of the celebs. Are they allowed to promote their own brands? Because I'd be like, I'll do that show because you know I've got a new clothing line. Are they allowed to bring that stuff in? Or do you censor that?
Speaker 2: It's all part of it. It's all part. You know, you're trying to get people across the line, and you know everyone's different, everyone's contracts different, and you know this better than anyone. It's all it's all relative. But you know a lot of people aren't thinking. The last thing they're thinking is trying to advertise their shoes when they're over the India. Do you know what I mean? They're thinking, how do I stay alive?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How do I kill my diarrhea?
Speaker 2: That's right, That's right. It's a very even playing field.
Speaker 1: I also loved you mentioned Ben before, you know from Silverchair, which is he's amazing. I've met him a couple of times, the lovely guy. But Jackie Gillies, his wife is a psychic. Did she already know that she was going to win or lose by the time she got there?
Speaker 2: She didn't. She's a psychic, and she's a psycho. I think she is.
Speaker 1: I love her too.
Speaker 2: She's great, so good. She and then together irreplaceable. They were so good and I've never met them before. Grew up watching Ben obviously, and Jackie is a superstar. Was great.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I think you have to talk to me about The Gladiators. But do you remember the Gladiators because you've just come out and they've announced that you're the host of this show which was huge in the nineties. Do you remember that show? How much of that was a part of your life growing up?
Speaker 2: Come on, man, of course I remember Gladiators. It was everyone's life growing up, everyone our age, you know, everyone in their late twenties, early thirties, even forties. I grew up idolizing The Gladiators and watching it was it was weekly viewing. And we've started filming now and it's mate, it's crazy. Wow, it is next level.
Speaker 1: But what have they done to up the ante? I mean, I mean I would watch a great reboot, but I mean of their holograms. I mean what how have they brought the Gladiators into twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: By bringing in twelve new gladiators, right, no one's ever seen or heard of before? Who are out of this world?
Speaker 1: Have you tried to take any of them on? Are you stronger than a gladiator?
Speaker 2: No, I'm scared of most of them. A good shoulder one of them the other day accidentally, just to see if I still got it, and I don't. That'll be out soon too, and it's something I'm really excited about. That one's next level and you're going to.
Speaker 1: Get to to get to try when because you've already started filming, do you get to try any of these challenges? Like can you? Can you do?
Speaker 2: I do? I mean I took my kids in there the other day when we're filming, and the pyramids literally the same size as the pyramid in Cairo. Wow, massive soul. But I stand up there and you know, in safety.
Speaker 1: That's when you get to play the dad card and be the best out of the world, when you can take your kids along to the set of Gladiators and they get to try those challenges, like seriously, you must be down of that year.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's the because you can't really explain Gladiators the kids. I haven't seen it, so they had to get there and they're coming back.
Speaker 1: I still remember I had all my favorites, like I'm not I'm not even the blowkiss guy alive, But I mean the Gladiators really appeals to a big family audience. I could remember as a family, we would all sit around and watch it. It was on like a Saturday before Hey Hay or something. I can't remember, but I remember fully sitting there as a family and we would never miss that episode. Crazy one percent.
Speaker 2: And that's what's going to happen in January again. It's back early January, and it's going to be the biggest show of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just think that more television where you can sit there with a family is important because my childhood growing up, that was the stuff where where he has a family really bonded, was where we could find a show we could all watch together. And I think that's what this is.
Speaker 2: And that's why I've working on family shows. I had a young family myself, and we like to do that. So yeah, I couldn't be happy of being a part of it.
Speaker 1: Well, before you go, something I ask everyone who joins the podcast, is what is something from behind the scenes. Well, we're talking about Amazing Race, So what's something from behind the scenes of Amazing Race Celebrity Edition? Something we won't see, kind of like a behind the scenes secret or something weird that happened to you while filming.
Speaker 2: I had it. I was called with the cobra. Oh really luckily after and I found out it was de venumed. You know how they why. I was doing a piece of camera and I got really really close to a cobra. How do I know it's de venum. I wouldn't, so you can imagine how it was when I nearly stepped on a king cobra and that. But I definitely have the heart rate to tell you about it.
Speaker 1: Well, I have PTSD for watching Shane Ward when he was bitten by a snake years ago in the jungle. I don't know if I can cope with it, mate. So good to chat to you, as always. Good luck with this series, I said, I've been lucky enough to see the first episode. It looks amazing. Can't wait to watch more. Yeah, and thank you for being so generous and chatting with me today about it.
Speaker 2: Oh good mate. Thank you so much for your time as always, and I speak to.
Speaker 1: You sin always love it, always love. I've always got fomo watching you on social media through Bruno. I'm always whatever, Wherever you guys are, whatever you're wearing, I'm always like that is my jam. I wish that I was there with these people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks Tommy, come with us
Speaker 1: Okay, next time I will