Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week. Thereby, Hey guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading on today's episode with the winner of the tenth season of I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here. After four weeks of living alongside fellow celebrities and a mysterious rat in hopes to raise one hundred thousand dollars for their charity, the Australian public voted in record numbers to crown social media star Sky Wheatley as their Jungle Queen. Sky really gave this show her all. With experience in reality television, this former Big Brother runner up come mega social media influencer proved to Australia that anything is possible if you were genuinely being authentically yourself. Audiences around Australia squirmed as she took on that Viper challenge this season, we cried as she was reunited with her family and delighted in her shock as she took out the competition, beating Tristan McManus and Callum Hole. I will ask Sky to break down some of the stories that have circulated while she was in the jungle, from how she got her nails done in the finale, did she ask for certain outcomes in her contract, and how she was actually approached to do the show after years of being away from mainstream media. Sky and I will discuss a wild rumor that we were locked out of the Big Brother Attorney's season, and what she makes of all of those conspiracy theories that ended up in the press. Sky will share her thoughts on the two runners up, if she'd watch Callum in Love Island, and if she was aware of Tristan McManus before entering the Jungle. Full disclosure. There is a bit of comparison on Big Brother Australia to I'm a celebrity, and that's because I've always wondered how different these shows really are. But don't worry, I will still ask the juicy stuff, like what she thinks of Britney Hockley saying that she was edited out of the show. There's so much to unpack with Sky and I only had it for a limited time, but don't worry, I've compacted quite a lot, so Guy's sit back and relax as we unpack her time in the South African Jungle.
Speaker 2: Hi, how are you? Long time no speaking?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's so exciting to be able to talk to you. Congratulations on winning, my friend.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, thank you so much. What a shock. Seriously, still trying to digest it.
Speaker 1: Well, I've been looking at like this. I feel so proud of you, and I feel like you're going to think that's really strange. But in some way, I feel like you represented our era of Big Brother.
Speaker 2: I know, absolutely, let's bring it back.
Speaker 1: We have to, I know, I know. I mean, I still think that you were robbed in your season finale of Big Brother. It was so strange that you came third, But I mean I was like, that was your season to win.
Speaker 2: Oh thanks, myn love.
Speaker 3: No. I was just so happy to get there till the end, and I thought it was going to be the same scenario. I was like, surely I'm going to come third again, like I've already done it deja vu, you know. So it was really such a shock when I want it crazy, I'm so grateful.
Speaker 1: Did you ever see Ryan and Travis again? Because you know what happened with me after my series of Big Brother. There was like a couple of people I never saw or was never in the same room as again, did you ever see those two boys again?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I still follow them.
Speaker 2: I hope I do.
Speaker 3: I mean, their stuff never comes up in my feed, but yeah, it was. It's bizarre, isn't it? Like been three months with these people in a house, living with them, and then you.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like nothing.
Speaker 3: Hopefully I catch up with everyone that I was in the jungle with and keep the connections going.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been ten years since I last saw you, because I went through my social media and we had a night out on the gold host and I was looking through these photos and you were asking me about whether or not you should get a boob job. That was the last lot of messages between the two of us.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: I remember it was like you had that nice hotel, the Cross from the Beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, I remember.
Speaker 2: I remember like it was yesterday, dol.
Speaker 1: I have to just keep following because I remember then you ended up in social like not social media, in the media, people sort of commentated and documented you getting a boob job. So that was the only way that I found out what actually happened.
Speaker 2: Oh amazing. Well, yep, there we have it. My boobs a fate.
Speaker 1: Well, you deserve to win this show so much, and you know, you really gave this show you all, which was amazing, you know, because you win these shows by being authentically yourself and giving yourself up to the experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent. I mean I don't know how to be anyone.
Speaker 2: But me, so yeah, it was good.
Speaker 3: Lots of expressions and reactions and I went through a lot of brauma, but we've come out at the other end, which is great.
Speaker 1: You know, you entertained us for so long. You know yourself by going into the show, you've got to just try and be authentic and be vulnerable and they other sorts of things. Yeah, that resonate with an audience. Did you have a game plan going into this show?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: Like I just wanted to give it my all and go in and see what I could achieve, show my boys that anything's possible, basically, be a superhero for them, do it for my charity.
Speaker 2: So I was not expecting to get that far in. You know. I went in there thinking I'm.
Speaker 3: Just going to be me and do the best that I can, and that's what I did.
Speaker 2: And here we are.
Speaker 1: I feel like Alex may Rodaikas was inevitably going to put you in a series of this show. And I've said to him over the years, you know, if you put Sky in the show, you know she's gonna win.
Speaker 3: Like come on, oh my gosh, you're so sweet, You're my hyight man.
Speaker 1: I was like, if they're gonna put anyone into the Jungle, that's going to do well and win. That has evolved over that time period, that still resonates and still is. You know, I don't know this sounds bad, but you know you've ripened, where a lot of the other people that were popular in that era, we've kind of rotted like fruit.
Speaker 2: We love rotten fruit, especially in the Jungle.
Speaker 1: When did Alex ask you? Was it he that made the call to ask you to do the Jungle? Yeah?
Speaker 3: It was. And I was like, oh, I'm not going to get my hopes up because I'd obviously been asked to go on a bunch of other stuff, and then I would get my hopes up and then it would never happen.
Speaker 2: So I didn't get too excited. But we got it through. We went through, and yeah, it felts amazing.
Speaker 3: So I have so much gratitude for Alex, and I just want to say thank you Alex for making it possible getting me back in there.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that someone slipped into my DMS today and they gave my tea and this is really juicy tea for you and I.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: So apparently you and I weren't asked to do the All Stars Big Brother that came back, like they had sort of engaged, but then we were not picked because apparently a previous person that was coming back had said he wouldn't come back unless you and I weren't there.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know that was Tim. I reckon it was Tim.
Speaker 1: I'd not heard that before, and Tim has been very nice to me over the years. And this person, I said, is it Tim Dormer? You know I listed people, and this person's like, I can't tell you, but it was a part of his contract. I mean, people say, I know, I know. I mean, Tim's going to fucking kill me for bringing this up with you right now, but I'll send him some flowers and apologize.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well maybe it wasn't him, babe, Maybe it was someone else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well that's who knows.
Speaker 1: It's best to fit nasty.
Speaker 2: Isn't it like what I do?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure, but anyway, who knows if it's even true rumors or rumors.
Speaker 2: People are going to spit some shits, so whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people are going to say whatever they want, you know, like, and you copped a fair a few of them. I actually wrote to a couple of publications that wrote that you were nervous about doing the show and that you didn't want to do it when they first offered it to you, and then you asked for all these that's put in your contract, and I knew that to be actual garbage.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, babes. Seriously, I said yes.
Speaker 3: As soon as they called me, I said one hundred percent I'll be there.
Speaker 2: I was never like i'ming and iring. It was always a big yes for me to do it.
Speaker 3: So gosh, I don't know why people even where does this even come up from? Like they're just sitting in their lounge room and they're like, I'm going to say this and I'm going to tell someone and we're going to make.
Speaker 2: It a thing.
Speaker 1: You know what I think it is. I think that they're like bad psychings. They're sitting at hot yes and they think, oh, I reckon, this is what's happened, and then they like, yeah, they write it on public places, and then it becomes fact somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah weird.
Speaker 3: They probably just sitting there making up their own assumptions, yep, and then they're plopping it out for the world to hear.
Speaker 2: Great good on them. We love a bit of tea, doll.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you, though, did you have anything Are you able to put some stuff in? Because I know if you've got health things and stuff like that, you can put that in. Did you talk to them or did they ask you about anything that needed to be in your contract or did that conversation ever happen?
Speaker 2: No, not at all. I was happy to play by the rules. If they said jump, I said how high?
Speaker 3: So I was just there to, you know, do a good job for them and you know, go in there and spread some awareness for my charity.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, nothing. I don't, babe, I didn't even read the contract. I really didn't, you know.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I don't think. I've done a few shows and I've never read the contract. But I always leave it behind once I've gone and my partner reach and my partner's always like oh fuck, this contract is pretty full on.
Speaker 2: But you know, yeah, they're very heavy, but who could be bothered?
Speaker 1: Like, I mean, what are they really going to do?
Speaker 3: So contracts, montract whatever it is, what it is, We're We're all out of the jungle now, nothing to stress about.
Speaker 2: Nothing was written in the contract.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I wouldn't really know because I didn't read it. I handed it over to someone else. But I'm sure I was in good hand and she would have brought something up if it was really serious.
Speaker 2: So I think we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to look after us as well.
Speaker 2: You know, I've got yeah, Alex look after us absolutely. I trust Alex with my life.
Speaker 1: So do I, which you know, I probably shouldn't bet. Anyway, I met the man has a shark tooth necklace. For people playing at home. By the way, Alex, who we're referring to, was the executive producer of Sky and My season of Big Brother many years ago and is now the producer executive producer of I'm a Celebrity, So for people playing at home, they probably think, who the fuck is this Alex person? Oh yeah, how was this show different from Big Brother?
Speaker 3: I feel like it was so different from Big Brother because you weren't competing against one another.
Speaker 2: It was very like team sport.
Speaker 3: It was very friendly, you know, not much tea or like competition.
Speaker 2: But between anyone in the jungle. So it was really wholesome.
Speaker 3: It was really nice, and you made some really lovely connections, and you were just doing it for your charity, which is also another wholesome reason why you just you're just you turn into an absolute weapon and a fighter in there. Honestly, you should go in. You would seriously surprise yourself. I would love to see you in the jungle. Okay, come on, let's get you in there next year. It's all I'll be breeding for you.
Speaker 1: Send Alex some of some money that you've made out of this as a bribe. Anyway, I want to know you know, because it's different in the style and you you highlighted a key point here where you're not really competing against each other. There's no nomination, which means that you guys get a chance to bond better. Who are your besties?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Who are three people? Can't we can't go through the whole cast because that's that podcast is too long, but we are, But who are your three besties? Coming out of this.
Speaker 2: I did love all of them so much. I'm going to say Frankie.
Speaker 3: Hel and Steven and Ellie, but love them all, love them all so much.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so no one at all. So he got along with everybody?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I think you had your people in there, and then you know, groups formed and people had their besties and their clicks or whatever. But I just feel like, yeah, everyone got along really well, and if you didn't, you just you know, you hung out with your besties.
Speaker 2: But Frankie was bloody. Also. I loved getting to know him. He's a really interesting, humble.
Speaker 3: Dude, and I have a lot of respect to him, as do I with all of them.
Speaker 1: I think we now know, though, you need to do some CouchSurfing over in Los Angeles while he's over there.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, Because I've.
Speaker 1: Always felt this with you from the day that you turned up on that season of Big Brother. I didn't ever really think of you as like just that a Big Brother contestant. I've always sort of seen you as someone who is so much more, that could go to Hollywood, that could become an actress. And the funny thing about it is, I want to be clear while I'm bringing this up is that you're not some sort of ambitious hussy that would stand on anyone. You're just this energy that kind of exists whether people like it or not. And that's real star quality.
Speaker 3: I think, oh thanks, babe, you just blow and smoke up my booty today. Love it.
Speaker 2: But no, I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just I'm genuine and I don't want to step on any toes to get to the top or anything like that. I'm happy just being me and showing people the real sky.
Speaker 2: And that's that's just what I do.
Speaker 3: And if you don't like it, then that's okay. Not going to be everyone's cup of tea.
Speaker 2: But no, I don't. I don't think I would be a very good actress. But you know, look, we'll see, we'll see what happens, dol.
Speaker 1: I'll feed you the lines through an earpiece. Now talk to me about this final three. I love Calm. I loved him on Love Island. Love Island, by the way.
Speaker 3: I didn't watch his season, but like I normally do watch Love Island, but my partner he's like, ah.
Speaker 2: Turn this off, babe, it's rubbish.
Speaker 3: So I didn't put him through that last year, and I think that's when it was Callum season, but I'm going to go back and watch him because, yeah, he's so funny. I love him. He's he's a ball of fun, ball of energy.
Speaker 2: Great dude, makes great TV. I love him.
Speaker 1: And then Tristan, like, he's come second. You know what was he like? Did you know him from Studio ten? Like? What was your relationship or understanding of who Tristan McManus was before going into the jow No.
Speaker 2: No, I had no idea.
Speaker 3: I thought he was a love rat when you came in. I was like, you'd a love rat. So yeah, no, I hadn't. I'm not up to date with the celebs. But no, he's lovely. He's such a dad.
Speaker 2: He's just a beautiful man.
Speaker 3: And you know, I feel honored to be standing next to him at the end, which was, Yeah, it was an honor.
Speaker 2: I love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a lovely guy. I mean, I actually I did a show with him a couple of years ago, and I remember I walked into the green room and he was you know when you get stuck in those green rooms anyway, and I remember thinking he's really striking and very handsome, but I felt like there was gotta be more that happens for him, and there has been you know, like he's done very well for himself over the last few years.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, I feel like he'll go on and have his own bloody show.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he'll have me on his show one day.
Speaker 1: I think you need a break from shows for a little bit and need to go home and enjoy that, because I guess when you're away, like you have been under this sort of pressure, you would have missed a lot from home. I know, and your partner like, what was it about being in the jungle? What did you miss from home?
Speaker 2: I think everything.
Speaker 3: I missed my beds, I missed my animals, I missed I missed movies, like you know, all the little things.
Speaker 2: I missed icy cold water.
Speaker 3: And you know it was through missing all of those little small things that I became so grateful and I'm so excited to go back to my life and I will never complain ever again because the jungle was actually so hard and it's definitely harder than it looks. But yeah, I missed everything about home.
Speaker 2: To be honest, it's I really am a lucky all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a large part of your life to get I mean, people might see it as thirty days. But what people might not realize with reality and twenty four hour reality is that it hour feels like a week, a week feels like a month, and a month feels like a year.
Speaker 3: So, oh my gosh, seriously felt so long in there.
Speaker 1: Although if you think that dragged on all those years ago, we did that show for three months, that must terrify. They must have terrified the other celebrities when you told them how long you were in Big Brother.
Speaker 3: For they did they gasped, They were like, oh my god, that's so long.
Speaker 2: But I mean the jungles obviously so different. You're like on edge, You've got a lot of nervous energy, like constantly, it just doesn't stop.
Speaker 3: For I feel like Big Brother was a lot more chill, and you don't only get nervous when you do g nooms or they had evictions, whereas the Jungle you don't switch off. You're constantly on edge, constantly needing.
Speaker 2: To do a nerve poo.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm ready to just feel calm and relaxed on the outside.
Speaker 1: So people have been writing to me today knowing that I was going to interview you. This is on like some fan forums that are on Facebook and Twitter, and just a couple of quick questions. They wanted to know, did you get your nails done for the finale? And did some of the baboons come and do your nails for you? Because I'm not that good with attention for detail, but the people who watch these shows are and they reckon. They noticed that you got red nails done for the finale. Who did them? Was it the elephant?
Speaker 2: Oh god, I have red nails.
Speaker 3: The whole way through, they're actually snapping off. I can't stop playing with them. To be honest, I'm gonna I'm gonna clip them all back when I can get a moment. So, no, the baboons weren't coming anywhere near me. They are very scary. They bark, they're very aggressive.
Speaker 1: One of the moments that I laughed at was you said, all the baboons, all that whatever? That the monkeys. They sounded like dogs barking at you.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are.
Speaker 3: They're really aggressive, barking dogs. But they look like human men sort of.
Speaker 2: I don't know. They're scary and they're aggressive. They'll rip your face off. So they're not doing my nails.
Speaker 1: No, okay, here's just okay, I'm only gonna do. I'll do one more of these questions from the fans. They're going to kill me because they gave me a lot. But they said, Brittany Hockley is saying that she felt like she was edited out of the show. Now, I know that you have watched the show, so you won't know. But the question I have on the back of that is, was Brittany Hockley a big personality in there? Like maybe maybe we didn't see as much of her as we saw of you, because she's not a bit quieter. Like, what's your thoughts on that?
Speaker 3: What did she actually say that she feels like she didn't she got edited out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Ah, I thought I did see quite a bit of her on the socials.
Speaker 2: But look, I can't comment.
Speaker 3: I'll have to go back and have a look and see, you know, what was ed and what wasn't.
Speaker 2: But yeah, she was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: She was very goofy, and you know, had lots of energy, but I mean as much energy as you can have when you're just eating beans and rice and you're starving.
Speaker 2: You know, we did what we could. We tried to bring the entertainment.
Speaker 1: Will you go back and watch the show? When you get home.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely, I can't wait. I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I've been watching all the little clips that they post TikTok and Instagram. I haven't fully gotten through everything because I haven't had a chance to really look through everything, but I will and I'm loving all of the clips that I've seen so far.
Speaker 1: Sky. Can I just tell you you nailed the show to the fucking floor. I can tell you, like I when you turned up my partner, you've met my partner. He loves you any things you break, and yes, I love it. He saw that you were on the show, followed you two still follow each other on so for me. But anyway, he told me, yeah, anyway, I love him. As soon as he saw you on the show, he was like, she's one. There's no one else in there that can beat her. Like it's crazy.
Speaker 3: I told him I love him so much and that I really appreciate that.
Speaker 2: It means a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he loves that.
Speaker 2: That's so sweet.
Speaker 1: And then Robert Irwin, we should talk about him because this was his first season of the show. Oh my god, god, yeah, tell.
Speaker 2: Me, mate, He's.
Speaker 3: A bloody star, honestly, such a natural, so genuine, so beautiful, Like I'm obsessed with him. I am genuinely a massive fan girl of Robert, and I think he did such an amazing job.
Speaker 2: He holds himself so well and it's not easy.
Speaker 3: Like you, it might look like it's an easy job, but that they stand there for hours doing retakes and repeating themselves.
Speaker 2: It takes a lot of energy.
Speaker 3: So I feel like he absolutely nailed it, and I can't wait to see him on the screens next year.
Speaker 1: Well, people are starting to say online. I read this on Twitter. They're saying that you could replace Julia Morris and be there with him next year.
Speaker 2: Imagine that.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that would be I'm not as funny as her, but I could definitely try. I mean, if she if she steps down, I will take her place.
Speaker 2: If that's okay with her, I would be happy to do that.
Speaker 1: I people would love it as well. Everyone who joins the pod gets asked this last question. What is something from behind the scenes, something that the viewers probably wouldn't know because they've never been a celebrity in the jungle, so not necessarily what may or may not have been shown on the show, But what's it like to be a celebrity to get asked to do this show. Is there any weird secrets from behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: I think there was a lot of things that they didn't show, but nothing too dramatic or whatever. I think, you know, just conversations and stuff that weren't shown.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't too duty to be honest.
Speaker 3: I mean, you saw, you saw most of what we talked about, but there was, you know, a few things.
Speaker 2: That that didn't make the show. So but it's not too interesting. I think.
Speaker 3: I think everyone got great airtime and everyone was very true to themselves, and I feel like from what I've seen, it looks great and everyone was portrayed exactly how they were.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it a lot. I just want to say congratulations again, and I can't wait to see what you do in this whole jungle experience because I think people are going to see you in a different way. I mean, you've got a legion of fans that are out there already, but I think this experience is going to sort of flip the pancake in a way, and I'm in your audience to see how that goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd love to keep flipping the pancakes. As long as they're not burnt.
Speaker 2: We'll have a great time. We just keep it fluffy. Yeah, lots of maple syrup.
Speaker 1: At this point. Anything that's food you'd.
Speaker 2: Eat right, Oh, absolutely. I can't wait to demolish anything that's put in front of me at the moment.
Speaker 1: I love it. Scott. Look after yourself. Have a safe trip home back to Australia, and like a lot of Austrains, we're excited to see you come home.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Ben, so good to chut to you my love.
Speaker 2: Give Ben all my love and I'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 1: Lots of love. Take care,