Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. Now we have cut so much to cover on this catch up. But first of all, to start with podcast luck always. We got Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, We're gonna have two on here, Apple and Spotify. Follow us Subscribe is the big thing, so you get the little you have little notification at the top of your phone to let you know on new one out. So a lot of things to cover. We'll start off. We've got a few different things from Cam Smith winning the British Open, which is about a week ago. We've got some crazy stuff in the fake ipl League running in India, which is I'm really excited for that one. We've got different things from what I'm excited about the James Webb tell Us Scope Brandon, and of course we get the update on your dating life, which we'll definitely get into. Oh sorry, the last thing the footy on the weekend winning after the Siren. Maybe that's something we might cover. Yes, yes, Brandon's very excited about this podcast.
Speaker 2: And we will get to the footy.
Speaker 1: We're not jumping straight into it, not straight into it, Brandon, but it's gonna be a big chunk of this podcast. I know everyone's looking forward to it, but without further ado, we'll get into the first thing. Splendor on the grass massive for the entertainment industry at the moment. A lot of cool acts are on around Australia. I'm telling you, We've got tyr it As who I've hung out with, We've got Jack Horlow, We've got plenty of other people. But the first day of splendor insane Weatherwise could not have asked for a worse situation. It was Fire Festival two point Oho. I'm telling you, there's no splendor about it. It was nothing splendid about this experience.
Speaker 2: Mud Soup a country boy. I love a bit of campaign shout out to the Yeah, I'm not about that life. It's just gum boots and pajamas and cold and like even the instagramers out there can't fake enjoyment. They're just like, this is ship. All the acts got canceled on the first day. I don't know. It's there's a deep dark part inside of me that's just like yes, so it doesn't like the social I'm here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Have job, I have responsibility.
Speaker 1: An eighteen year old with none of dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah so yeah, we'll have fun and your mush Paddock.
Speaker 1: It is awesome though, because it was probably the biggest musical event that happens in Australia every year. Yeah, you have to admit that. And there's some great acts that do come around from across the world that come in town for this.
Speaker 2: It comes from a place of jealousy, don't.
Speaker 1: Yes, I understand. I want to go to splendor at some point in my life. I need to experience that. That in Tamworth, which you probably don't know, a country music Festival of Australia.
Speaker 2: I'm from a chooka denny Ute Mustard is just up thea. Oh man, if you went to the Denny Ute Muster wearing your full cowboy.
Speaker 1: Kid alter you we get out around town, there's Mason coxes into get the ute with the month flaps going oh gosh.
Speaker 2: Wait you we glossed over something because did you see where that went? You were just dropping names all.
Speaker 1: Over the place here, there, everywhere it is at the mcg was my favorite artist, just chilling, just showing him show him the workplace, you know, show him the office.
Speaker 2: Why how does he know you?
Speaker 1: Kind of random? So one my friends works at Sony and huge tybrid as fan and she was like, hey, do you want to meet him? Went to the concert, had a little box thing up there and got to meet him after and he was like, they organized this whole thing to go to the MCG. But I think it's because I am the quintessential like American ambassador of the AFL. You know, there's no other American the latest correspond So it's a US corresponds a great way. The US corresponded for the IFL. So anything anyone that comes in from the US, I feel like they're always like, oh, Mason, you can teach him what AFL is. You know, this great game of Australia.
Speaker 2: And so my phone I got to get a new phone or maybe my plan laps. I didn't. I didn't get a phone call to go to the super Bucks to watch the Tide Is concert.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't really want to tell you where it was actually hosted at. It was at Billboards in the city, which I've heard some rumors about Brandon. Yeah, maybe you at eighteen probably uh did some work there at Billboards. I'm not really too sure.
Speaker 2: Once I went to Billboards once and that was.
Speaker 1: I've been there once too, and that's it. That's his concert.
Speaker 2: We did Jack Harlow's yes, hanging around.
Speaker 1: He was, and he's picking up the footy, telling you he's loving the bit of footy.
Speaker 2: Yes. So what he had the umpire wearing the coat.
Speaker 1: Over the old white coat and white hat. I still think that should come back for around huge fan.
Speaker 2: That's a good point. And then what he was wearing a free bucket hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by that he did his first thing in Perth, so I think they got to him early.
Speaker 2: I'm always a fan of the bucket. I'm a big bucket, big bucket fan.
Speaker 1: Do you get the bucket hat with the corks that come down and the flies, you probably will warm that? Sure, one of those, Yeah, I used to get warm. I was like, went to these school like Oscar clinics in the middle of nowhere, like Victoria. Every kid's wearing them. I was like, I got get one of these things myself.
Speaker 2: The worst part is they work like they actually.
Speaker 1: Work, but it's actually how I got blinded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, straight to the eye.
Speaker 1: Now I wear goggles.
Speaker 2: There was the story of so Jack Harlo is not a drinker.
Speaker 1: Yes, but trying to get pure pressured into doing a shoey which is the most Australian thing ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do bloody shoey.
Speaker 1: No, he's okay, there was said the scene. He's like performing and someone like pours a shoey and tells him he needs to do a shoot out of a gumboo, which, like we've mentioned, splend is not the most sanitary place at this point in time.
Speaker 2: Good drinking vessel.
Speaker 1: He did is all dude, that is that's a keg. That's almost like you have to put a keg into shoey to do a shoey out of that. But yeah, he doesn't drink soos. Thousands of people were ating him on to do the showy and he just denied Australia of what it is the easiest way to become Australian, says And I feel like is to be able to do a showy like Daniel Ricardo and just nail it out of your shoe And the most disgusting way possible is like how you get Australians to love you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm trying to think of like an alcohol free shoey that you probably don't want one the alcohol that gets you through it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. Yeah that was Jack Crawlers in town. He's traveling oil. He's at the Forum I think on Friday, so if you want about tickets, check it out. I would love to go see him. I saw him at acl actually, which is Austin City limits in the US. That promo, I'm not actually, I just really like him. I think he's a cool dude. He's just like unique, he's a different look. He just kind of is himself quintessentially does not care what anyone else thinks about him. And yeah, so I'm at a cl really good acts, so check it out. I'm not this, I'm not actually getting any promo for this. I actual probably should not plug get a free ticket, but yeah, check him out Friday for him, I think those questionable details.
Speaker 2: But I'll be there with my bucket, and yes it's.
Speaker 1: Your free o bucket. Add but into the next time, we've got a lot of sport off the top. So we've got next to Cam Smith winning the British Open, getting the Claire Chug, smashing a couple of beers out of that. I am a massive camp Smith fan. I don't know if you know much about golf, Brandon, but like Cam Smith is changing the game. His I think what I respect most out of him. Is like in a game that's so kind of just really pretentious, I would say, but like it's for the upper class. Just like Tennis, he wears a mullet and just rolls around, just dominates the place, just like does not care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think it's I don't know, is it our thing is the mullet, Like it's Australian.
Speaker 1: It's truly Australian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we got our things aren't exactly like upper class. We got the shoey drinking out of shoes was like a mullet resume. Yeah, we don't. But it's good to see an Australian on the on one of the biggest stages doing great things. I know I suck at golf, like.
Speaker 1: I'm terrible, but I'm trying. I'm trying my best.
Speaker 2: I feel like you have to get into it. That's the peer pressure.
Speaker 1: That's a weekly thing.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like right into golf. Now when I was like when I was a kid, I hadn't I had no desire to play golf. Now it's I don't know, is it.
Speaker 1: You get older and it's like a I feel like everyone and most people out there might be listening and go, yeah, I feel like this might be it, but you go because one your mates are going, and two because it's like an easy way to get out of business and probably claim it on tax I feel like, yeah, oh yeah, I had a businessman, where'd you go? Burn the golf course?
Speaker 2: That's really just yeah, what a quick night walking around having a chat and then shanking a few balls.
Speaker 1: Someone once told me golf was created because men refuse to just go on.
Speaker 2: A walk and have a chat. Yeah, Like women will just.
Speaker 1: Go and just like call someone up, be like, hey, let's just go for a walk down the street, you know, Karen of Brighton. And then men won't do that. So what do I do? They go play golf, which is essentially the same thing, but just hitting a ball in one direction for like a whole day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and well it's a good way to take out your frustration.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, once you get it, like can you launch on one as a driver? Is no better feeling in the world.
Speaker 2: But I say, I say that, but it's probably just as equally frustrating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you just need one good hit to bring you back, that's the thing. Moving on to the next one. So we've got the fake IPL League in India. I love this store. This store is wild, Like we talked about it was narrowly on the last podcast a little bit and we ended up going across it and just briefly brushing over it. But the fact that there was a fake league made and like Farmer Town of India that Russians were making bets on that was totally rigged, totally rigged by the Indians and they ended up making this like thing on the internet and just absolutely screwed a bunch of Russians out of the bunch of money, I'm sure, but like literally and you look at it and it's I think they both have like their different Joseys that are like my pl Joss. But everything seems somewhat like legit. And then you look at the ground. The ground looks nowhere near like you can tell it's in like the middle of a field.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like when you tell the story, it paints this like picture, but when you see the vision, it's like this sketchy ass, shaky vision. I'm impressed they got like graphics and stuff and they actually hired a like proper commentator to commentate. Oh really, the game so like they went pretty hard on it. And then yeah, so they're wearing like actual ipl kids and yeah, so they gave the umpire a walkie talkie, so how they cheat it so they can dictate to him what they want the batters and bowlers to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then the bowler's got sandpaper and that just checking Jess, I'm gonna cop so much shit on this because I don't Australian season. Can I make that joke? Yeah, yeah, maybe another five years.
Speaker 2: Equally as ashamed as we are now, it should.
Speaker 1: Happened before citizenship, so therefore I wasn't part of it. We are the last one of a bit of sport.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: State of Origin was recent last it was probably two weeks ago now, and I just I just love this because state of Origin, like AFL doesn't really do this anymore, but like in rugby, people go freaking nuts for this thing, like it is a proper like supporter base and whenever it goes around there and crazy obviously like scenario is like very close game then like someone smothers it and goes and takes it to the house for a touchdown or whatever it's called. Now I'm kidding, it's called try I get my head wrapped around this. But you were texting me through this game, and we're not really gonna talk about the game because im as want to talk about this text I got from you just giving me absolute shit from my living room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you put up you're a bandwagon supporter of every sport there's out there.
Speaker 1: But we're getting there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so you put up this saying that what you're a Maroney.
Speaker 1: A huge Maroon guy, big Maroon guy.
Speaker 2: It's Maron. But yeah, and your lound room. I don't know how to not be offensive. It just looked like shit.
Speaker 1: It's real basics.
Speaker 2: So saying that I put out a tweet about how you need to get down to Ikea and grab yourself a new TV cabinet, which your mom liked that tweet.
Speaker 1: I know my mom's trolling me on Twitter nowadays.
Speaker 2: Which is highly I'm very happy it's good. But yeah, and then I I kind of had some time to reflect on it, as I said, in my lound room, which is not just.
Speaker 1: Not up to standards either. Like we both live in bachelor pads, like very much. So I found like most of my furniture, I think on one of those like you know the area of Ikea, you like go at the very end, you take your laugh and there's like the on sale clearance because someone's returned it. Like that is where my living room exists. Like everything from there has moved into my living room. Then. The one thing that I do have that is quite embarrassing is what holds my TV up is actually like a It's like a piece of furniture. Seriously nothing. And I think I found that at the bottom of my apartment complex. You know, someone just like moves and they just put a bunch of stuff in there. Cabinet snagged one of those, Yeah, snagged one of those. And that is how frugal I am. Your cabinet is rubbish essentially. Yes, it's repurposed as well as earth friendly. You know.
Speaker 2: I know that I know that exact Ikea section because that's where I got my TV cabinet.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's the greatest thing everything. I'm actually a bit nervous putting on the podcast because now it's going to be nothing there to pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't give away all the secrets. My TV cabinet. It had the sticker with the bit of paper that says what's wrong with it? On it, and it doesn't have any front doors, which is fine. Yeah why do you need front doors? I want to get into my stuff. But yeah, so to paint a picture for everyone out there my lounger, we.
Speaker 1: Need to take a photo and put it on social is grocos it's a real cash Live TV is what gets me. Yeah, well the TV everything describe what your loungem looks like.
Speaker 2: So every guy knows you got to spend the most money on the TV. It's the most important. So the I have this big, yes, seventy five inch eighty inches, like just beacause of the wall, big TV. I have two couches. One's brown leather, one's blue leather.
Speaker 1: Just reminds me of college.
Speaker 2: And they they go the full width of the lounde room. So it goes wall couch couch, wall.
Speaker 1: No side table, no desk, lamps, all nothing.
Speaker 2: It's all touching. And then we have two coffee tables. One's glass with a silver trim and one's fake wood with like a black metal trim.
Speaker 1: Nowhere near it, just nowhere near it. It's like I think, until you kind of like settle into a house, maybe you buy a house and you start buying nice furniture. So there's probably a lot of people out here listening, walking through the like Larne room, going shit, that's me too.
Speaker 2: I think there's That's exactly the difference in us. I have two other housemates. I haven't moved out. I haven't done the whole thing. You live by yourself in your own thing that you should be styling up and making your own.
Speaker 1: I don't know my place. I'm still rit to it.
Speaker 2: Out of the two of us. There's two bad lound rooms our followers. Well, we got eighty percent guys as our followers. There's got to be some bad yeah, oh my god, bad lound rooms out there. Back us up.
Speaker 1: Can you please sit some through the worst looking living rooms you can possibly imagine?
Speaker 2: Send us you your bad living rooms and tag us in and we'll share them on our on our socials.
Speaker 1: Really good.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's worse than mine. It's pretty there would be worse in yours.
Speaker 1: We had a hole in our living room in college, like in the in the middle of the living room, dude, like there was no it was just carpeted over like there was a whole. So then we put the couch over the hole. To cover the hole so no one knows there's a hole in our living room.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty open, but I actually I don't know if I can post a photo of my land room.
Speaker 1: Now we're going to force you into it. Moving on, I want to tell right this there's a guy. Actually this might be the weirdest most Australian stories. So this guy apparently at the seg Sydney Critic around. He goes up and finds like a back door to like climb up onto a roof and then from the roof like watches the game. And then he went down south and he ended up urinating is where he went wrong. And then I think everyone like caught on and was like, oh no, we need to probably arrest this fella. But if it wasn't for the urination, then I reckon he would have gone away. Has been like the absolute idol for the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would have been like this Australian icon along with waiting for a mate.
Speaker 1: Guy just went on, that's the greatest video's ever.
Speaker 2: He climbs up on the roof. Here's the best seat in the house to watch the game. He just if he didn't pee off the edge, he just so close.
Speaker 1: I'd be sick to be at the s CG and then like somehow find that back door to get up onto that roof just to chill and watch a game where like no one else is around you. You've got this like aerial view into the actual stadium.
Speaker 2: The confidence of the guy too.
Speaker 1: Dude, the audacity, just a lot of people, everyone's like watching like it wasn't like you were kind of like hidden somewhere like Sydney. Moving on from things that are telescopically far away from other things. The James Web Telescope se Do you like that intro? That was really good? It's a segue the James Web Telescope space telescope taking photos of the universe now from seventy six hundred light years away, which is insane to even comprehend. And the nerd of me is geeking out right now because some of these photos and images were so cool, so cool, which makes me think, does extra extraterrestrial life exist out there? Brandon?
Speaker 2: You're very excited about it.
Speaker 1: James Webb Telescope, the new Hubble. They're telling you, the Newbb, the new Hubble.
Speaker 2: That's what I say. What's seventy six hundred light years the truck is like, what a couple of.
Speaker 1: Eight thousand light years in the past, But no kidding me, a lot of country.
Speaker 2: Talents about people and the same way. No, we love them.
Speaker 1: That's okay, correct it.
Speaker 2: You know, I think there has to I don't even think it's a question anymore about extraterrestrial life deep on the pod here, extra et aliens. They have to exist, right, But like even like the governments come out and opened up all the files to be like all the UFOs, they were all UFOs, like we don't know what they are, but they existed. All the photos and videos they're real. Here's like they've like released all the photos and videos to be like, I don't know if you know what they are, tell us we're trying to figure it out. But yeah, I saw the picture, so it was like all these stars and galaxies I don't know, and it's and they like zoomed out and zoomed out and zoomed out, and it's like that was like a pixel within the picture that was milometer. And stuff freaks me.
Speaker 1: It's just insane.
Speaker 2: That stuff freaks me out. Keep me, keep me closed. That's why I missed Lockdown.
Speaker 1: You're mis locked out talking about the extraterrestrial life like I don't want to leave the household.
Speaker 2: That well, we're just little insignificant specs on a rock floating through the universe.
Speaker 1: That's what makes life so interesting. Just so you're so forget you mum, as well do something cool in life, you know with this.
Speaker 2: You yeah, you probably have on.
Speaker 1: Man, I think ET is definitely, aren't there. There's extra trust in real life, no doubt. Whether it looks like us, I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: But whether it looks like ET. The movie did a great movie with the Finger love it?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon?
Speaker 2: I don't think interrestrial life looks like Is it like a little organism of plant, a little grub thing?
Speaker 1: That's what I think it is more than anything. I think it's more of just like there's a life form that has the same composition to make up like a living thing out there somewhere in the universe that's lame. Statistically, there has to.
Speaker 2: Be maybe they can what there's extra lettuce out there so we can.
Speaker 1: You're still mad the cac is turned it into cabbage.
Speaker 2: Can get the cabbage? I don't know. I don't know. It's not as long as it's not as exciting as us, except that they've been here in their spaceships. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying that there's a lot of questions. I don't know that thing. There's rocks out in England, I'm not really too sure. Got to figure that one out Easter Island. Got to figure that one out. There's a lot of question marks on this Earth.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the bottom of some of these.
Speaker 1: Because speaking of question marks of things here on Earth. Now, I want to ask you this because we saw a video this week and it was absurd. This video electric scooters. Now, this was wild, man, Like, I don't even know how to describe this. I can't put this into probably like audio form, like you really have to actually visually see this. Because you know, everyone knows the scooters that Melbourne's recently gone on Brizions haunting for a while. I'm sure Sydney has them now, and they're supposed to be written on this street. I want to let everyone know, if you get onto one of those things, ride it on the bike path, do not ride it on the sidewalk, because this is what happens. There's a lady coming out of a nail salon. I want to say, not really looking. And this is where you differ in the opinion. I feel, well, yeah, but not really looking. And then the scooter which probably goes like twenty thirty k's an hour, maybe zooming by on the sidepath, right on the sidewalk. Lady doesn't see it coming. Older lady just bang. I'm telling is she absolutely gets run over by this thing. I was like, I think she was injured, like and yeah, her heart felt going out to but I'm telling you, the visual of it was insane and it makes me think are we okay with scooters?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Are we sure we want to do this?
Speaker 2: I have an alternate opinion.
Speaker 1: Please tell me how hitting an old lady with the scooter is is not?
Speaker 2: Is okay for me? Yeah, guy shouldn't have been on the footpath. That's a given hundred percent. I'll give you that for sure. Head on a swivel, lady, be looking.
Speaker 1: It's illegal to be on the footpath. He shouldn't have to look.
Speaker 2: Help us, help you, like, have a look left?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: You learn that as a kid, did he ding?
Speaker 1: Did he the ding? Maybe maybe that's where it went on, maybe.
Speaker 2: Before a helmet on. So it's reckless for him to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you agree with me the whole thing is ridiculous. I think you should because otherwise this podcast might get said she might have been looking at her. That's not I'm saying. Is that a heart take? Brandon might have been I did takes?
Speaker 2: Don't call me?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, last one of you for me, and we're gonna go into your news stories. I know you love your little wacky things. But I recently read this now. Melbourne is number twenty one on the Commonly Mispronounced Places of the World, And I like, as an American coming here and there's so many people that are like, oh, how is Melbourne or melo Ben, Like, there's just a million different ways to pronounce it. I feel like you say it wrong. You say, oh, come on, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: That was you trying, That's what it was. You say Melbourne, Yeah, but it's not How do you say, correct me, mel Ben mel Ben. It's like two guys just said the same thing. It's two guys. It's melan Ben.
Speaker 1: Oh it's melan Ben, not Melan Burne. Yeah, maybe this is how we should say. We should start this.
Speaker 2: It's Melbourne, but you say Melbourne.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Ben Melbourne.
Speaker 2: That's fitter all right, we're jumping into the news stories. We love the news stories.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is this is some of the people's fair favorite parts of the podcast. I feel like you've got I don't know where you find these things. I don't know what hole rabbit hole you go down to find these like news stories, buddy, But audience, big fans of these, you just never know what you're going to get.
Speaker 2: Sailfish leaps out of water and injures woman off Florida coast. Seven year old woman was stabbed by the.
Speaker 1: Bill seventy years old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stabbed by the bill of one hundred pounds sailfish that leapt out of the water and attacked her as her companions tried to reel it in off the Florida coast.
Speaker 1: Jesus six years old trying to bring in the selfish. It's a pretty solid effort.
Speaker 2: She's just a byproduct bystander. She's she's wrong place, wrong time.
Speaker 1: Florida just produces the goods no matter what. There's always an accident in Florida.
Speaker 2: But the unfortunate part was the sailfish stabbed her in the groin area, so the companions had to put some pressure.
Speaker 1: This is where it goes weird, got it? I was like, this pretty ordinary news story broke. Where does it get on?
Speaker 2: So the companions had to apply pressure to the seven year old legs to get it a safety. I wouldn't be volunteering for that one. I'll drive the boat back, mace. You get on the grind and.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's like whenever someone stings someone with a jelly fish and everyone's gonna pee on it. That's who raises their head for that job.
Speaker 2: You know if I had to pee on someone, Yeah, there I can do. I can peel all over my mates.
Speaker 1: That's a quote that we're going to put out the atmosphere.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll do it for free. Moving on. Oh no, this is I think this is my favorite one we've ever had. Man who hasn't stopped farting for five years sues food stall for two hundred grand over ham.
Speaker 1: Roll sues the food store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so a dad is suing a food stall for two hundred thousand pounds. He claims he hasn't stopped farting since eating a ham sandwich five years ago.
Speaker 1: I think it's time to go see a doctor, mate. I think it's time to be suing people.
Speaker 2: He brought the sandwich back in December twenty seventeen during a visit to the Birmingham Christmas Market with his wife and kids. His lawyer told the High Court that he suffered from stomach cramps, fever, vomiting and diarrhea within hours after eating it.
Speaker 1: We've all been there and those are the worst times. Getting a colonoscopy is the worst experience you'll ever have, or something like that.
Speaker 2: He claims to have been bedridden for five weeks with salmonelle.
Speaker 1: Five weeks, yeah, five weeks bedridden for food boiding.
Speaker 2: He asked all these questions and here.
Speaker 1: No, I'm interested. This is a bit of a question by coming into it. But now you've reeled me in, Brandon, You've really reeled me in.
Speaker 2: The lawyer's added that he has had regular and uncontrollable flatulence ever since, embarrassing him in public and even waking him up at night so we can't sleep.
Speaker 1: Luckily, he's married with kids already, he doesn't need to impress anyone.
Speaker 2: But it's going to trial, so it's getting serious.
Speaker 1: We're going to in flatulence hal things going on in England. Comwealth games, third thing coming out, it would be good.
Speaker 2: Now this one really spoke to me in a sad one.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Woman sues man for ten thousand dollars ten g's after a bad date, unloads on judge during hearing.
Speaker 1: Was it like a tender swindler type scenario? We're talking, We're at Michigan, Michigan. Now we've gone north.
Speaker 2: In the US, a Michigan woman has had her lawsuit transferred out of court after she snapped at a judge for questioning her knowledge of the law when she decided to sue a man for taking her out on a bad date.
Speaker 1: So the lady questioned the judge fresh how she knew of the law, and then decided to can you do that? Can you just jump from one court to another? Be like, no, I don't like you. Next judge.
Speaker 2: He essentially pushed her onto someone else. Because her name is Quash Chante.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh. She filedhant I crossant.
Speaker 2: She filed a lawsuit against Richard Jordan in twenty twenty, accusing him of intentionally inflicting emotional distress huge. The legal docs alleged that Richard intentionally hurt her feelings when he did not show for their date, and it was her mother's birthday, and unfortunately her mother had passed away recently, So a bit of a dick move from Richard.
Speaker 1: Yet also, just don't organize a date on that day if you're not going to have a good time.
Speaker 2: That I did not think of. That's come on, Ques. But yeah, so she's trying to get ten grand for it as a result of the distress.
Speaker 1: Brandon, I have to ask you this because I said in the last one, we're going to ask you this question because you recently have gone on a date. Yeah, how did it go? Are you seeing them again? Great? Start?
Speaker 2: Yeah, short answer, No, I will.
Speaker 1: Not Okay, Oh gosh, what did you do? What did you do? It was a short, short form.
Speaker 2: It wasn't overly that interesting. I wanted it.
Speaker 1: Okay, where'd you go?
Speaker 2: So we went to i'll say a wine bar. We went to a wine bart. Met there and well it was one of them once it's only table service. So sat down, started chatting, would like a liqueur? I would like to wet my whistles to get the conversation started. Yeah, I was quite parched, but nothing. My boy didn't come over, So like I'm we're both trying to listen, but we're like both Like my head was on a swivel, trying to look for the mate to give me a beer.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're doing the classic like someone walks by, trying to make my contact over here, finger up, like, oh.
Speaker 2: He did me dirty because no one came over. We didn't have a drink for like ten fifteen.
Speaker 1: In Oh, so you really just what do you do?
Speaker 2: So it's like, yeah, just trying to start conversation with nothing going on. But so we got through it and yeah, just there was nothing that.
Speaker 1: Wasn't wasn't a spark, no nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was a bit of a fizzer. I quickly touched on my I had another follow.
Speaker 1: Up, the second one. It was a different girl.
Speaker 2: I said, punches in bunches, I like try to She tried to get a couple out in a row. And then I just go back into my cave for a few months just edited podcast sadness and yeah. So this date was pulled forward from Sunday to Saturday. Really huge. She was excited. She was excited, really impromptu. Like I was in my head, I was like, just get out there and get.
Speaker 1: Out there and open house for two years. One I get out on the dating scene.
Speaker 2: Be vulnerable. Let yourself just be vulnerable, get out there. So I was like, yeah, we'll come meet. Yeah, but she was like, oh, but I've got a friend.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: So I took my housemate and that hurt because we went out and we're having a couple of drinks and it was like I felt like I kind of rolled him under the bus because my housemate was putting some party piles in the oven.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He was settling in, cracked a couple of tins. He was ready to have a night watching the footy, eating some party pies, and I had to coax him out to come on this date. So I felt like I had pressure to like perform for his date and mine.
Speaker 1: You're entertaining too.
Speaker 2: For the I had the peripherals and every time they stopped talking, I'd jump in and like try to like have a have a question or something. So I was on two dates the same time.
Speaker 1: It makes a girl like comforting to know that someone else is there with her to like ease the awkwardness.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, so that kind of went down like that.
Speaker 1: That was I don't know, go, well, did you have your text your sense have you gone out of the date since no, Well, to me, this is right. So the update is the update is not great getting out.
Speaker 2: It's worse than you think. I don't think. I haven't told you this, but what.
Speaker 1: Did you do?
Speaker 2: So I flicked off a text and was like, oh, nice meet and you and stuff. Yeah, I didn't I didn't know if I was keen, but I just put it out there and then went onto hinge and she'd unfollowed me from here match it unmatched me from him, So, oh, my gosh, not a good sign.
Speaker 1: I tell this as a side story. Actually, I know, like we're gonna close that dating life fit up because I don't want to embarrass you too much on this, but I will say this, and this is a great story I haven't actually told because I've talked about that and like unmatching with people and stuff. Right, So I won't say who it was. But recently we drafted someone to the club, right, And this is like totally different from dating life, but recently drafted someone from the club and like maybe three or four months later, you know, we're all training and like something comes up and he like sends me a message and he's like, Hey, this is hilarious or whatever it is. And then like I look at it and I had not really like ever messages them before on socials on Insta, and then like above that is like four messages I didn't know existed. And apparently this kid was a congood fan before he got drafted, so he sent me like four messages as like a sixteen or seventeen year or whatever. He's like, you're the goat, CAS love you man, You're sick, You're so cool. Man. I was like, this is so awkward for him now. And then as he like, sit me there because we're kind of live looking at the same screen, right, so him on one side and I'm looking at it, and then all of a sudden, I start seeing like all of a sudden disappears, also disappears. He's live deleting the messages he had previously said, and I just sit in a text back. I was like, don't worry about I've already seen it. The next day, he's just like looking at me as which is a dog. It's like, I'm just pissing myself laughing. I won't tell you who it was, but uh, the person that's out there, I think he listens to the show, so he's gonna be quite first come to time.
Speaker 2: He would, he's a big fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now he's like, he's quite integral part of our team now. So it's kind of quite funny that it was a massive Congressan growing up.
Speaker 2: At least it wasn't the opposite. At least it wasn't like coxy you flug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's probably been those. Sure, once I got drafted, they probably deleted those. Was smart enough to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's brutal. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Well, we will segment into your favorite part of this whole show, now do you you've been Everyone's probably been waiting for this. Obviously, the weekend was kind of crazy. There was went on the siren, there's a buzzer beater of my world and just a crazy, crazy experience in the MCG seventy something thousand kick after the siren. Obviously you can recap that all you want, Brandon, but this is going to be your segment to ask me whatever you want for the day.
Speaker 2: First of all, yues suck. I'm sick of the close games.
Speaker 1: You like challenged us weeks ago, and I feel like we've lived up to that challenge.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it could get closer.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can't now get closer.
Speaker 2: I feel like you won by four points. Go after the siren for one point quick. There's room to move. No, so talk us through it. This is what I want to get. So where were so? Obviously Harrison Jones misses that looks all over. I'll rewind a little bit further. It looks all over.
Speaker 1: It kicks that game over.
Speaker 2: So Jeremy Howe gets it running out of defense. I was like fine with that. He's like taking the game on you guys, fought back into it. He slips over holding the ball. In my mind, I'm like game over. But got to commend him for like never say die, just have a go. Wasn't going to die wondering. But he misses where were you and how did you see it? Unfold?
Speaker 1: I was? I was on the bench, So like, this is the worst place to be because you have no control over anything that's happening. You're literally you might as well be in the stands because like anything that's going on, you just purely a spectator at this point. So yeah, it goes from hits the posts and we're all going, oh, still a chance because we can see the time left on the clock on the bench right, so we knew there's like a mint thirty whatever. And so he misses it and there's probably about a minute left at that point, and then it goes from Pendles to Darcy. Darcy plays on runs, kicks to Trent Fianco and like at that point, I'm like even with Trent, Like Trent's right next to me. So I've got like a tower for a sweat tower, and I'm like I've broughte it back to my college days of being like a broke college kid you know who like was sucked at basketball, was just a you're a squad on the side. I was like, go tread, go tread. I was like just I was like a man like placing a million dollar bet on a horse. I was like, let's go, let's go, Let's go right as far as you can. He just takes off in like wild, He's a two v one two v one to Jamie Ellie yeah, and just slots it in the perfect like couldn't have been a better cake, right into the chest. Jamie nudges the guy under catches it, and we at that point, everyone looks back to the clock, you know, and it's literally dead on thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: So who's who's around you? Brandon Maynard because.
Speaker 1: Who's like probably celebrated hotter than anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're all just there as just a cheer squad, and you've got a pretty good view of it, right, you're right in the.
Speaker 1: Middle of the ground, like on like the interchange, like everyone was off the bench, like everyone was like at the substitute line, like just ready to go.
Speaker 2: And Jamie he's a good kick, So did you you think he's gonna kick it? You don't know what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: What's it's tough, it's forty five hour an angle. Well I could not have been like a horror kick, I feel like, and there's always a chance, Like Jamie's one of our best goalkickers, So once he marked it, we're just like this is nats, Like this is crazy, and like we knew because there's thirty seconds left, he's gonna run the whole clock out, So we knew like as he was going to be like starting his run up, the siren would go.
Speaker 2: Did you know that he knew?
Speaker 1: I don't think he knew. Yeah, because it's like I talked to him. He said he was so in the zone he didn't even hear the siren, which I love.
Speaker 2: As it would take for him to come off his line to have on his approach and it's play on game over.
Speaker 1: Well, we talked about it and he's like, oh, the only thing was going through his head was like what our coach Craig mcray was saying. He's like, hips, I gotta keep your hips to the goal like stuff like that. You know, you're like in such a moment, you know, like he doesn't hear the crowd, doesn't hear the siren, just like so in the zone of like making sure it gets like the very small meticulous things right to hit the kick, and yeah, it was wild man. The kick goes and it like obviously goes to the post, and just like just pandemonium comes across the mcg and the four of us or the five of us with Brandon just like sprint to them and just absolute dog pile them like jump on his head and stuff, and everyone's gone nuts in the crowd. And I just loved his celebration was like Damian Lillard like just not even like you know, like beating his chest or anything. He's just like give it to me, give me all the freaking love you can, like, to the to the to the audience, and he's just a cool cat under pressure man.
Speaker 2: And that was so from my fan experience in my lounge room at home. The whole time. I was like, so, I was like, game's over pretty early whatever, Like had a good run. I had a bunch of wins in a row, pretty good. So you're kind of like lying to yourself that a lost essendon isn't like the shittest thing on the planet. And then you start to come back, you start to creep in. Then I start going, well, you've won a few in these like late stages, so the confidence is kind of there. And then Carmichael.
Speaker 1: Do that man, oh not enough talked about him.
Speaker 2: So Braiden Maynard like craziest mother and like he's that's his bread and butter. But comes off injured. Carmichael comes on, takes two marks and just slots two crazy set shots like clutch. I'm sitting like sipping my coffee going like, man, you don't have to kick it, like this isn't on your shoulders, You're just a kid. Slots it slots the next one. It's just like I don't know where you find them, all this clutch stuff coming up. Everything was so good, but so by this point, I'm I'm not enough. I put yourself down.
Speaker 1: Today, You're like the game.
Speaker 2: I'm like uncontrollably shaking. I've got like all this adrenaline in my body, and then Jamie kicks it and my head just my thoughts left my body and I just no one was around. I just screamed at my TV, not anything, not yay or anything. I just went ah. It was like, what what the what just happened? Rec Like I'm freaking out, the world's freaking out, the stadium's freaking out, all the players are freaking out, and then Jamie's just dead and Colm just calm, like just a killer ice in the veins.
Speaker 1: Absolute killer Oh this going out.
Speaker 2: Everyone's jumping on him and he's.
Speaker 1: Stills still just like Stoneface. I loved it.
Speaker 2: Oh so so good, but so everyone's yeah, just going ballistic. But like the ramifications of that, was that the craziest celebration moment that you've been a part of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably, Like that's the closest game I've been a part of. I've never dine a kick after the siren, Like that was crazy to me, Like I've never had the anxiety of that, and like it was it was kind of remind me of someone of like twenty eighteen Grand Final of like McGovern to the wing wing to yeah, and like bringing it block and they taking a mark and then they're like dom she kicks Gore. It was kind of like remind me of that the way it went from like back half back to the forward half and I was like far out and then for je aias the mark and then like obviously there's like the history between the two clubs and like seventy something thousand fans, even though it wasn't like a you know, a finals game like it was, there's a lot of like emotion in this thing. And yeah, it was just an absolute tables turned from like us going up early and then going down and then like finding our way back and the forth to like literally win it at the last second. Was insane. Like I've never experienced anything like that, and like talker the boys out for there, like that might be, but like the best thing I've ever experienced my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Pendals has been playing for like decades, hundreds of years and he was like, it's probably the best experience that he's been through and like he played the Premiership and stuff. Yeah, so that's pretty crazy. So that kind of put you into the top four, which is also insane, and clubs are falling over all over the place, and yeah, it's it's an insane year. There was another goal that came out of the game, which was Josh Daikos's goal, and he actually, funnily enough, he also said that he had Fly in his head when he did that, because I was just like, I have to kick this goal because Fly was in his head going like we take the ball out of bound. And he kept it in once and then kept it in past the second guy and he's like, Ship, I have to kick this. If I don't, I'm going to get in so much Ship.
Speaker 1: I was right in front of him, and I was like, I thought he was going to take it out. You know, it's like there's like two players coming up to him. I was like, oh yeah, like you kind of like dog back to it in your position and like I see him like tap and I was like, oh, Ship started running four. I was like, and then you're like afout to do it again. I was like okay, maybe not, and he like taps it back and it's like, oh he's keep going okay, keep length thing and keep length thing.
Speaker 2: That was insane.
Speaker 1: It was like there's like a punch. It made the goal.
Speaker 2: Look elementary, like the goal was just the easy.
Speaker 1: Burned me on the goal. I was few and I was like, if he doesn't kick this, I'm going to absolutely tear him the shreds here.
Speaker 2: Well, you're seeing a day class in its past.
Speaker 1: His dad used to play. Now, both those kids been absolutely outstanding. I love Josh. Josh doesn't get as much credit because Nick obviously being like a first year player and like, you know, I forget the award he'll probably win with the end of the year. But what rising Star was, Yeah, the brownlet whatever, brown line. I love them, but just calm down. But Josh has had an amazing year too, and he's flown under the radar. Actually has done some amazing things. They've got a lot of attention, but I think because of his brother, he's probably been not as in the media for the things he's done as his brother, which is like a crime, because he's had an amazing year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, and he's kicked some good goals. He's done some Yeah, he's done some amazing things, but he's not the only guy out there doing amazing things. You got the decoss goal, you got Jamie Elliott slutting him from the pocket after the sign to win the game. But as equally as impressive, it was Mason Cox's big hat, the dining room chair out and just up he goes.
Speaker 1: It looked a lot better. I feel like in the video, I.
Speaker 2: Don't actually know if you got higher.
Speaker 1: I don't really think I did.
Speaker 2: But how was it you come?
Speaker 1: Did you?
Speaker 2: How's the oxygen level?
Speaker 1: Just lead it on the ground. That was good. I think it was funny to me because like there was like Phillips and Peter were the two ASI imports, like jumping up, and then the person who like pulled me off the ground was like Jeremie how He was like, bro, it was a huge screamer And I was like, dude, Jeremy Howe thinks that's a huge career. It must have looked pretty damn good. I looked like at the videos it's probably overreaction, but I appreciate it. Popping me up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean he'd know. And there was one more thing that you had a front row seat too, and you may have tweeted about it. I don't even know. I don't I don't look at Twitter. But uh, there's a young boy that plays for you, nineteen year old Jack Ginovan. We've mentioned him a couple of times on the podcast. He pops up every now and then. But he had his head absolutely ripped off his shoulders.
Speaker 1: You think we were like playing WWE or something like. It was a monoxious literally like put him in the headlock.
Speaker 2: Now, kad be the marga made off? Yeah, got Conor McGregor and the exact same thing made him tap out. He got him in a rear naked choke. Mas, what are we doing with these rules? The constant change ups. We're not gonna go too hard, but he had his head ripped off. We got to look after this nineteen year old kid just trying to get a kick.
Speaker 1: It is absurd, like insane. I don't know, like any I just I just don't know how to make it like more clear that this is just not a good look, like in what world? And I understand like people will say, oh, he's dropping his knees or he's looking his arm wherever it is like to me, it doesn't matter, like you hit someone in the head like that. The AFL is gonna come out and say they want to protect players from getting concussed and getting head high knocks. Like then you say that that's a like free kick. You don't say the opposite. And I understand that, like you don't want players to drop their knees and like lift their arm and all that, But at the end of the day, like you need to protect your employees, like it is to me, it's like a health and safety thing.
Speaker 2: More gray areas get introduced into the game on the rig. So yeah, if people, even if people wanted to sit back and say the first part of the action where he raised his arm or whatever was fair game play, on the second part was definitely not.
Speaker 1: Well, I just hope, to be honest that it doesn't take someone getting injured before we actually fix this thing. And yeah, that's all I'm going to say. It's frustrating. I like everyone knows, I'm not a big fan of the whole experience of what's going on, but yeah, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: At least Guinea he's got a sense of humor and he's done this a few times, but he changed his profile picture to Redmond's got him in like that bull headlock, like a bulldog headlock. His head's like squeezing like a grape. So yeah, he's a resilient kid. He's I don't know how I would have reacted as a nineteen year old.
Speaker 1: Well, as a nineteen year od man, I don't think I would have reacted the way he has. He's having a very well the lot very well and it's a credit to him. So it's not easy thing to do to have all the eyes of Melbourne on you and you know, be the front page of the paper and everything else every week for something that yeah happens.
Speaker 2: Hey like and I can't even actually remember another kid that like burst onto the scene and has got this much attention. I love it. I love everything about it.
Speaker 1: We've said multiple times this pot big Guinea fans, Big Guinea fans. But that is that is the catch up. Thanks everyone for listening. It's it's a lot of topics we've gone through today and it's passionate topics. Let's just say that in the footy chat obviously with the week that was was pretty amazing. So check us out. We're gonna say it again. So we've got Apple podcasts, Spotify podcasts, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok YouTube, I am smashing that now.
Speaker 2: Put it out to seven Spotify and seven now Apple podcasts.
Speaker 1: I will say this interact with us. We love, love the comments. We're gonna putsk some question marks and everything else. The next catch up we can get your your questions answered because we love a little bit of interaction between the audience and ourselves and it gives us ideas to talk about things on the podcast. And we'll definitely give you a shout.
Speaker 2: So I'll give a shout out to one guy on your Pierre we have every every week on YouTube me He says on your can we say on.
Speaker 1: Your back cheers Beer. I appreciate it, buddy, and as always, thanks for listening, and we look forward to next week's shot. We got some amazing people coming on the next month, some awesome people in the footy world, entertainment world, and all in beyond, and it's gonna be a big, big month. Definitely hit the subscribe button, hit the bell, everything else, and until next time, we'll chat to you soon.