Speaker 1: I reckon it's a bit of a misconception in the public around how radio is made. Like I think, if you're driving in your car, you think a couple of people get in a room and we just start talking some smack. And I understand why you might think that, But let me trous it sounds like, yeah, exactly, let me score you for a second. We take this very seriously. Radio has full on, sit down, serious content meetings where each individual brings some ideas for the week, the hard hitting questions, the things everyone's talking about, all the things that maybe we think will incite some great conversation. So every week we bring it, we throw it around, we agree on some stuff. And I just had to ask myself today, Mitch, how have you been doing this ten years? Because you threw some things around in radio that made me wonder, what on earth is going on in your head. We're not completely sold on it, but we want to give you your time to shine. I want to give you a moment to sell these ideas to us, these conversations you want to have.
Speaker 2: We've even given it a name. It is now called Mitch Pitch.
Speaker 3: The Mitch Pitch. I love this. Yeah, so it's your.
Speaker 1: Time to pitch us these ideas that you have been trying so desperately to get on radio, and we keep parting you down.
Speaker 4: No. To be fair, this feels like a very big stitch up. Actually it is a stitch up because we know the ideas you pitch them to us, and they are terrible. I think these are all content ideas that you want to discuss on the show and we have said no to.
Speaker 5: But this is what your notes app looks like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Literally, I'm holding my notes up up in front of you. I've just written these. I have these ideas throughout the day and I go, God, Britt Laura will love them. I'll talk about that on the pickup and then.
Speaker 4: We always shoot you down. You get sad in the meetings, Mitch, But this is your opportunity. Maybe there's something that might actually hit, might actually lay soldiers.
Speaker 3: Rattle off some of my ideas.
Speaker 6: Are you worried that sushi places just make far too much sushi?
Speaker 5: Is that the end?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Think about it.
Speaker 6: You walk through a sushi store and three pm comes and there's just all this left of a sushi and I go, Who's going to eat that?
Speaker 5: No one wants discounted sushi.
Speaker 1: Mitch.
Speaker 3: At your point, it gets thrown out, it's wasted.
Speaker 4: I'm glad that you walk part and you worry about the environment, but I don't think people care about it as much as you do about the environment.
Speaker 6: But not surely they could just make less suit. Next, do we all just give up on the concept of out of bounds?
Speaker 5: Explain well?
Speaker 6: Out of bounds works for children at primary schools. Mums in cars are listen. See it's connected to the pick up they use out of bounds for kids. You know, out of bounds don't go in that area. Kids listen to it. If we just use that concept as adults, like you know, you've got the T four transit lane and the merge and the giveaway. If you just put out of bounds on the road, adults would listen to it. They wouldn't drive into that lane.
Speaker 5: There's all the road rules.
Speaker 2: We have road rules.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but just use blanket, use the statement out of bounds. It works as kids, It would work if we were adults as well.
Speaker 4: Imagine if they start implementing things that you have as kids as adults, like no hat, no play see.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd love to be grounded and sent to my bed.
Speaker 3: They could use that for like violence, for like attack, No, no punch, no life?
Speaker 5: Sorry, what next?
Speaker 3: Moving on?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that one doesn't land.
Speaker 3: What's do?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: Some others?
Speaker 3: Where'd all the red backs go? I've written down? Good question.
Speaker 2: Great, you've hook it.
Speaker 3: In where are they?
Speaker 2: Because I haven't seen them in all?
Speaker 6: Fifteen years ago that was the biggest issue that Australia faced. John Howard campaigns kill the red backs, watch out for red backs?
Speaker 5: Did he really?
Speaker 6: I'd go into any garage and my mum and go you watch out for redbacks. I haven't seen a red back in decades.
Speaker 2: In shoes and under the logs for the fireplace.
Speaker 3: Yes see, I told you it's something in this.
Speaker 5: Where are they?
Speaker 3: Where are all the red Backs?
Speaker 2: Well you've got to then look it up so you can answer the question.
Speaker 6: Oh we can get doctor harry on or get like a red back specialist on?
Speaker 4: What's that? Other the other scientists to get on from time to time. Forgot his name? Although where the red backs are?
Speaker 6: Is it chic to wear a winter coat on holiday yet cringe to wear a winter coat at home?
Speaker 5: Yes? I agree.
Speaker 2: I am a different person when I'm on holiday.
Speaker 3: Do you fake accents when you're overseas. I do.
Speaker 5: It's fun and it's very racist. You shouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: No, it's not in America.
Speaker 6: I get what you mean, but I mean, like if you're an America of British or Englis speaking, it depends on where you are to Pakistan and going, hey, what a fun idea.
Speaker 1: This did you and I lent into our accents on our Scottish holiday for like the whole time we were.
Speaker 5: Talking this is good?
Speaker 3: What about this?
Speaker 6: Should we hide life boats on cruise ships? I think it's really off putting that they put them on the outside.
Speaker 2: I actually that's easy access to.
Speaker 6: The ambulance putting the defibrillator on the outside of the truck, Like you'd be careful, fatties.
Speaker 3: This could be you.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: It's like when you have the life jackets but they're underneath the seat and the aeroplanes you don't have to look at them.
Speaker 6: Imagine yes, and that little oxygen thing drops out in case of emergency.
Speaker 3: You're on the cruise ship. It's like a FYI, we might need this.
Speaker 2: So where do you want them to be?
Speaker 3: In a bunker?
Speaker 2: So when when you're drowning, you can't get to them.
Speaker 3: The bunker can open up. It's mechanical, all right. What do we like Mitch's pitch.
Speaker 2: A hypochondriac, that's what I'm picking up a bit, all.
Speaker 6: Right, five hundred dollars to win at chemist Warehouse with your little wins of the week.
Speaker 3: That cash is up for grabs after this on the show.