Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Terrestride Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. So top five daily health habits. Drink your water, Second movement you love. Third, eat nough protein, hitting that at the start of the day and the end of the day. Get enough sleep that's the fourth, and the fifth. Do something for your happiness. Hello and welcome back to the Rising Conker Potty. There's your host, Georgie Stephenson, lawyer turned entrepreneur, mum, business owner, all the things.
Speaker 2: Today we have just.
Speaker 1: Your typical fun G's hotline with a tr answering your life dilemmas. Are you know, just providing our very unqualified advice. It's such a fun one too, just laughs. Yuh all right, guys, So today's hotline we answered a whole bunch of hashtag health cues, and we do want to like really really stress how unqualified we are.
Speaker 2: And how much of a silly mood we were in when we recorded this episode.
Speaker 1: It was late afternoon. We were you know, we're feeling the afternoon days that it was a bit of fun. It was so fun. It's just interesting sometimes when you're in an interesting mood. But yes, basically we go through a whole lot of hashtag health cues. I've been on a five am club and waking up early and back to gym feeling myself. That's the vibe I brought. And I'm in a rut, a tear what's in a rut? So she really brings, you know, the opposite perspective there.
Speaker 2: I am clawing my way out of the rut at the moment she is she is.
Speaker 1: I just want to say quick trigger warning. You know, we do talk about calories and my past with binge eating and disordered eating, and you know, so if you're in a bit of a sensitive stage about that sort of stuff, maybe just skip this episode. But yeah, we always put our questions for Hotlands in the Facebook group mostly so it makes you you come and join us over there. But before we get into the episode, what's your weekly rap?
Speaker 2: Mine is Pinterest? So give you hear George drinking water?
Speaker 1: Oh, shout out to our R and C fam with our Rise and Hydrate water bottles. Yes, sweet little girls, they're so much fun.
Speaker 2: Everyone in the office aze on now, I know.
Speaker 1: Just we're just hashtag hydrated, hashtag hot girls hydrated.
Speaker 2: My recommendation that I've actually used to kind of get out of my start, getting out of my.
Speaker 1: Fitness rot yeah.
Speaker 2: Is I've made a Pinterest board called hashtag health and every day when I wake up, I obviously don't go on straight away. I'll do a little bit of things, but when I'm at the breakfast table having a cup of tea in the morning, I will pin three or four images to my hashtag health board and that sets me up for the day and just like resets in my mind, like these my goals, these.
Speaker 1: Are my priorities. Yeah, oh I love that. I love doing that with like manifestations. Yeah, I do have a few boards. It's I used to do that on the treadmill just to get me in spo up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love that.
Speaker 1: What about you? What's your recommendation? Mine's a bit random, but we love a ratdom break. We do. I On the weekend, I was chatting to two girlfriends and we were discussing our limiting beliefs, and we realized that all three of us had like financial limiting beliefs at the same time, all very different, but almost like the root cause or just like you know, the deep rooted thing was the same. And I feel like, as a collective right now, everyone is in a bit of a fierce scarcity mode because of all the you know, talks of recession and this and that, and it was just so interesting to me. And so we started like a group chat called like Abundance, and so every single day we're putting in like abundance affirmations and like abundant thing And it's just like such a cool thing to have people to be like accountable, to be like, you know, abundant thoughts or you know, putting in meditations and this and that. And I feel like it's it's a cool thing you can do if you have friends who are going through like a similar limiting belief or maybe you have different limiting beliefs, but you both, you know, each day are checking in with each other and being like you know. Yeah, that's so fun. I feeling I am wealth. I meditate like that. Yes, that's a bit of fun. That's my wreck for the week. I love it. But let's get into hashtag health.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would like to make a quick disclaimer. Yeah, in the episode when we recorded it, I said I'm going to gym like for four days after I did it.
Speaker 1: I tea, don't give us that negative energy.
Speaker 2: But it's fine because I got on top of my nutrition and then I'm atting training.
Speaker 1: Okay, love your work habit stacking. Yes, all right, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 2: We reached out to the FB community and asked them if they had any sort of quick fire health questions for you, and I've taken them all and condensed them into some short questions so you can just spit fire back at us your health tips. So, first question, what are your top five daily healthy habits?
Speaker 1: Well, my first, and this is probably the biggest one, you just got to drink some more. You just got to drink a lot of water, preferably from your.
Speaker 2: RNC timestamped two d water bottle exactly one Leader water bottle twice.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. No, Okay, So it's like it's always the basics. I think you got to get to the basics. So definitely, you know, drink water, aim for two to three leaders a day. Very important movement, preferably movement you like, why are you laughing? What? Because I'm in a rut. So I don't like eddy of it. I just okay, this is like a tears vibe the whole episode. Now' here movement we love interesting. Third one, eat enough protein. This is something that I realized I didn't necessarily do and is such a huge thing. Me and Jamie were even having this conversation this morning, and she was saying, when she hits her protein target because she counts her macros, she feels just like she's got so much more energy and she can like lift heavier at gym. And it's funny because I don't count macros or anything like that. But back in the day before I did, and then when I transitioned and I did, I realized how little protein I was eating. And then when you know, I changed that, I definitely did notice a big difference. And I was actually listening to this podcast and she was saying, the biggest thing if you want to change your body like compare position composition. Wow, that's the big word is to make sure you're getting over thirty grams of protein in your first meal and your last meal in breakfast. In breakfast, well that's easy. You have a protein shake and an egg. Someone who has two slices of vegaminite toast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean when I'm at the office, it's a lot of protein. Well yeah, so that's yeah. Look we've got to reshuffle something there.
Speaker 3: Bit.
Speaker 1: Protein is such a huge thing. Sleep huge so important. So how many hours do you try to get?
Speaker 2: Eight?
Speaker 1: Bare minimum is eight? Yeah, and I noticed such a huge difference just you know, when you're tired and you know you just want sugar, you want more caffeine, Like I feel like it's just a slippery slope. Yeah. How many hours sleep do you get?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 1: Like, what time do you get about ten? What time do you oger? Five?
Speaker 2: Forty five? Is that seven? Seven and a half?
Speaker 1: That's not bad? Yeah, that's not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah? Fuck?
Speaker 1: How many I was just sleep? Do I get a f I you're a better eight? What time do you wake up?
Speaker 3: Five? That's like ten pretty good?
Speaker 1: Nine hours that's solid. I feel like I definitely don't go better eight, it's definitely nine. Yeah. You probably start going to bet at eight. Yeah, so eight or nine hours. And then I think, like something we always underest me with, like our health, is doing something for yourself that kind of fills up your cup a little bit, like almost for your happiness. Yeah. I feel like that would definitely be like my fifth one, keeps your inside health. Yeah, keep your mind healthy, bit of gratitude at the moment. I'm loving reading fictional books. What are you reading? It ends with us by coming. I still need to start that. I like every other person in the world, I'm obsessed. It's like my own little world. All right, guys. So top five daily health habits. Drink your water, second movement you love. Third, Eat enough protein, preferably hitting that at start of the day and the end of the day. Get enough sleep. That's the fourth, and the fifth. Do something for your happiness.
Speaker 2: I love that second question. How can you keep track of your health over the Christmas break or on holidays in general?
Speaker 1: Okay, very timely. I love this. This is I remember Christmas used to or just holidays in general. I used to be really worried about it. I used to it used to you know, when I was back in the diet culture world and I used to be like, oh my god, like there's gonna be so much yuny food there, and I would like make this big thing in my head. But a big thing I've realized is like to be very transparent with you now that that question seems like almost silly to me because I'm like, what do you mean. It's the exact same as any other time in my life, Like I don't see it as a different time just because it's like, of course during that time, I'm going to be with family and I'm going to be celebrating, So life's gonna look a bit differ, but it's all good. Yeah, like almost take the pressure off. And it's like, you know, if you are eating a little bit more food or doing a little bit less movement, it's such a beautiful time to be with your family family and to celebrate. And it's like that's okay. Absolutely, you don't have to be working at five am on Christmas. Well maybe if you're a child, like what about present? Another good thing at Christmas though, is like you can really get your movement in fun ways. Yes, I love that idea, Like lots of walks, adventures, that sort of thing. Yeah, schedule some hikes in, you get some hikes in. Me and Tim basically have to go up a hill to get to a house. So we're basically hiking every every day and we leave the house. So that's us done. I think, like the biggest thing looking back, how I used to feel about like Christmas time and holidays and how I feel now is don't restrict. Don't like, don't restrict and then binge. I used to be that person that word, you know, if you know Christmas a dinner was happening, not eat all day and then like really peek out on Christmas dinner. But it's like, just eat normal. And also I can eat a bit more on Christmas dinner and like, don't make such a big yeah, don't make such a big thing of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think something else I find it the holidays is that you're doing a lot more in general, so you're running around, Your weekends are busy. It's always the time people schedule stuff in. You'll probably find yourself way busier socially than at any other time of the year. Def and that normally comes with eating food out. Yeah, or drinking or drinking, and just do it in moderation, like enjoy every event. You don't have to pick out at every event. If you want to have some chocolate cake, have a slice of chocolate cake. But you don't need to eat half a chocolate cake.
Speaker 1: But I think that comes in for example, if you're someone who restricts, Yeah, I think personally, my personal unqualified opinion is you've been when you restrict. So if you're just not restricting and you are constantly eating and moderation, it's all fine. Yeah, and you're not missing out. Yeah, and you're not missing out any other points on that. Drink lots of water. Oh, that's so important, shameless plug.
Speaker 2: But also drink water, especially if you're on holidays, overseas and traveling. I feel like that's always something people forget, is to just have water bottle with them all the time. Yeah, because you're so you're eating out, you're buying some drinks, having lots of new flavors, if you're overseas, tried all the things.
Speaker 1: Don't forget water. Yeah, so true.
Speaker 2: Next question, how do you do health on a budget?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is a good one. Do you want to go first? Yes, this is something I actually had to reframe when I was talking to Georgie and Jamie about it off air, is that I've always felt like being this healthy gal is expensive. Like it's expensive to get a pet, It's expensive to pay for a gym membership, expensive to buy.
Speaker 2: A lot of like fresh fresh food, organic food, gluten free food, gluten free, like the special protein snacks, they're all expensive.
Speaker 1: When I went into the protein how tell us that?
Speaker 2: I was like, one ball is five dollars?
Speaker 1: What is it? That's actually did you say that's cheap? No, I wasn't gonna say. I said, that's actually quite expensive. Yeah, I'm so expensive. I'm such a person, Like change your mindset about it. And of course, like, of course it can be expensive, but it can also be cheap. It's like kind of anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just comes down to your motivation. I feel like if you want to remove a lot of barriers to things, it can be expensive, Like a pet is expensive, but it means when you go to gym, you're getting a good workout, like you're it might be forty five minutes, but that forty five minutes might take you three.
Speaker 1: Hours to do by yourself. So what do you what would you rather, But I think more like just going back to like you don't have to get a PT Like, there's so many free workouts. Fuck, I have that many free workouts. I've got lots of YouTube workout I've got to I've got to do it with me you. I have so many will link it in the show notes, like YouTube video where I actually do the workout with you. I've got that many on my page. And it's like so many good fitness people who actually have really great workouts. Has like, have so many so much free content. Yeah, so you don't actually have to get a PET. No, and then even the food you don't have to get the protein snacks is you just eat something high in protein, like an egg, which is like you know, out of all eggs proteins, a boiled egg, like that's fifty cents. So I actually don't have much of this. Don't make me do the math, but do you?
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: A cheap and expensive way. So this person being like, oh, everything's so expensive, like change your mindset, yeah, waiting on it. It's like discussion mine, and you can also do anything expensive. So, for example, I know I sometimes get in the habit of like, oh, I, you know, want to find my spark back with motive, you know, motivating myself. So I'm going to buy a new active wear you know stuff like that. And then you're like, well, of course is what I did when you launched it l skating. So I was like, I'm going to buy my whole new active wear wandering and I'm going to be a new person. That's what I did when my Apple Watch, I wanted to know, guys, I've lost my Apple Watch. I'm swaps. Was like it was the gold flightd one tea goes just buy a new one, and I was like it was the gold Flight. It was like the four hundred one. So I bought that when I was like I want to get back into like after having Ivy. Yeah, it was like my motivation. But yeah, so it can be extensive. But also you don't need an Apple Watch, like I've had it for weeks now and it's like I don't actually know what I do, but I still want it, like I want to find it. I think Also stuff like not actually you don't have you know, you can do a YouTube workout, you can go for a walk, you can exercise outside like on the Gold Coast, the Burly Hill. We have like all these little exercise machines that you can do, but a fun even stuff like going to the markets buying your fruit and veg for the week. Obviously that's going to be a little bit cheaper, but also prepping and freezing stuff so you're not wasting food and then you have food prepped. I feel like also I see on like if you literally search the hashtag cheap healthy meals, they have all these meals that it's like under two dollars per meal on TikTok yeah, or Instagram or YouTube. I feel like I used to look at a lot of those when I was a UNI student.
Speaker 2: I love that idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like alternative to two minute noodles. Yeah, but it would be like a healthy version. And yeah, it's like you're all like meal preppy stuff, but it's like this will literally cost you nothing because it's like you know, beans and rice whatever or even I used to what did we call Jacinta always used to call it the poor gal salad where it was just you would have a bit of salad and like tuna, I can't set because like four dollars, no can't she just seventy cents. Oh what Yeah, and like a salad that's fuck all, so like you could, that's what I mean. Like and a bit of rice like those you know rice containers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a dollar I don't know, I don't actually do I think by packets, That's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can make it easy and accessible for yourself. You just have to change your mindset, find the resources. A lot of the resources are free on social media. Fuck there's that much content.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh actually I would recommend Ossie Fitness. I'll link his insta. He has the best I guess if you're counting macros, it's a really good option. He has really good meal prep options and they're all like super simple to do, and you prep like four meals in one go. And I think something that I do want to start doing is spending maybe one whole day on a weekend doing five or six meal prep.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't even need a whole day though, you'd need like an afternoon, yeah, true to do like two weeks worth of lunches. And maybe that's so true to you because it's like that is a very cheap alternative to buying like a healthy salad every single day. That's like you know, twenty bucks. Yeah, my fishbowl today it was like twenty bucks. It is ridiculous, but it's like because I hadn't prepared and I wanted something healthy. Whereas if you're prepared, you can make these you know, meals and meal.
Speaker 2: Prep up and freeze it and then just pull it out the night before, take it to work in the morning. Your future self will thank you exactly.
Speaker 1: Next question, how do you stay on top of your health goals when you are so busy. I just have a timestamped water bottle. The Irons family like, shut up, we get it. You launch water bottles. We don't care. It isn't it is timestances. It's very helpful. Well, I guess going off the back of what we just spoke.
Speaker 2: About is being prepared.
Speaker 1: So maybe carving out that time on a Sunday afternoon where you are very prepared with prepping meals and they're eating the freezer or the fridge and they're ready to go.
Speaker 2: I think even just going as far as to plan your meals and get your groceries, because that's something that just takes forever for me because I'll be driving.
Speaker 1: Home and I'm like, what am I going to have? For dinner.
Speaker 2: So true, so many options where it's like if I've decided that on Sunday and I've bought the stuff, I just go home and I make it and then it's done.
Speaker 1: That's why I do love Hallow fresh yecause you literally don't have to think about anything. You just like pick hay. Yeah, It's just like it arrives and then like Tim just makes you. We don't all have just cooks it and then it just like appears and I'm like, oh my god, it's like magic. I'm so busy, but this wax I think. Also another thing I do in my calendar is I time block things. So like you said, like actually time blocking. No, I'm not going to see my friend on Sunday night because I'm gonna meal prep. Yeah. I also time block my workouts, So when me and Ellie do my calendar on a Friday, I will put in workout at home or work out at never Quit, And it's kind of like it's in there. It's in my schedule and I don't have to like think. It's not like I wake up and I'm like should I go for a lunch? Should I do this? Like I know exactly what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Do you put like beach walks in there too?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like everything, And I think it's like taking out that decision fatigue.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 1: So you know, I'm so huge on the night before I get out my gym because I'm waking up at five and leaving at five point thirty. I get out my gym clothes. Sometimes I even go as far as like putting my pre workout in the cup just like the dry and like I leave it the nature so clever and just stuff like that. That again, you're future selfful thank you, But you're kind of just taking the decisions out of the way. Yeah, And you're making it really really easy for yourself.
Speaker 2: It's almost like I don't remember what subject I learned this in, but removing the barriers to participation in whatever you want to do exactly Like you don't then have to decide what you're wearing, you don't have to decide what you're doing.
Speaker 1: It's done.
Speaker 2: You just have to literally get up follow the breadcrumbs you left last night.
Speaker 1: Even though even stuff like booking in your class, because a lot of classes, like even maybe you have something like class pass where it charges you if you don't go. Yeah, so you've book it and you're like, well, I have to go because I'm paying for it. Yeah, and stuff like that. Love that I think. Sorry. One last thing is like thinking of productive ways that you could also move your body. So whether it's like catching up with a friend and also going for a walk, yes, or at end h at the moment, we have not at the moment like we have it. We've only got to hear for a month limited art gals, you've already got a month. No, So we have out like walking pad where we have a walking pad calendar and everyone can book in the time where they can like be on their computer and walk, so they're working and walking.
Speaker 2: Yes, hashtag productive literally and I think a lot of people might not even realize. My mum recently found out her company that she works for, because it's a corporate she can ask for an allowance for her health and well being per month.
Speaker 1: Yes. So I love find out if the place you work for does something like that, and then ask for it and get yourself a walking pad or get yourself, say your workplace for a walking pad mounted Yeah. Sure, hopefully they're as good as Georgy and Coooba. Get welcome guys. So me and A Tea are both We're in the fit train with fit Batties right now for summer, for summer and ourselves and ourselves because Hot Girl Summer is coming. It's copy. So, as you guys know, I've gone back to gym after IVY, and literally at the moment, I'm doing a bit of a challenge. A Tea is doing a challenge. And if you're a fit girl like us, or you try to be a fit girl like for China Best, we're China Best, you guys need to make sure you get onto n h's Core Products, which is our all natural pre workout. I personally have one scoop of our Sweet Strawberry OG pre workout, and I then have one scoop of our stim Free pre workout. So obviously OG has caffeine and stim Free doesn't. So if you're training in the afternoon, stim free is going to be your best friend because it's not going to disturb your sleep. And then, of course post workout or getting in your protein is so important. Your coach said that, didn't sheer it tear. Protein's one of my highest macros, and I really struggled to get my protein in because I love carbs. I'm like, I need to eat some white, just raw to get at this point. Right, Well, guys, you don't have to eat rough chicken, and please don't do that because n H has Thrive Plant protein, which is all natural, vegan, gluten free, free from refined sugars.
Speaker 2: So can I highly recommend the Cook's cream flavor.
Speaker 1: It's like drinking an Orum milk. Oh my god, it's so good. So, guys, if you're on the fit gal train, like men a Tea, you need to try out our pre workout and our protein. Just go to Naked Harvest Supplements dot com and of course rn CFEM I've got a cheeky discount for you. You can use the code rise at checkout. All right, enough about us being fit gals, let's get back into the episode.
Speaker 2: Next question, how to get out of a rut?
Speaker 1: A top us is your question? My personal question list. Look, there's kind of two ways you can go about this. So first one, you can start small and you can add on as you go. So yeah, maybe it's like putting your alarm back, you know, ten or twenty minutes and like slowly getting into it, start adding things on, start building those habits, because once it becomes a habit, it's going to be easy and you're not going to feel like it's effort. Yes, second option, just fucking do it. No sorry, second option is just kind of rip the band aid off and do something so so different to what you're doing right now that completely shakes up things. So yeah, personally, what I did is I was doing i know, just my own workouts at a gym for a while, and I just was not loving it. And I was like, oh my god, this is so boring and I'm just like have no motivation. And so then I started a fitness class and I just bought a membership. I did do a free trial, then I bought a membership and I was just like, no, I'm doing it. So I had to just like switch up my training. I had to do something completely different, and even recently, I'm now getting up like an hour earlier. Yeah, and it's like it was so hard for the first week, but you're almost just like, let's do it. Change things up, and then I don't know, just gets easier. Suck it up for a week and then you'll be fine. Just do it to here. Yeah, I don't know, And like I guess make it fun. Yeah, I think of ways that you can make it enjoyable, because that's what a rut is is you're not enjoying it. Yeah, so maybe yeah, switch up training, switch up something. Also, I think it's fine to be in runts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you mean, just not for three years.
Speaker 1: I'm being so dramatic. I don't just say I feel like you're doing really well, you're sick for a little while. Yeah, now I'm back in the rut.
Speaker 2: Now I'm kidding. Going to gym, Well, I was sick all last week after food poisoning.
Speaker 1: It's like one thing after the other. Yeah, this, are you going to gym this afternoon?
Speaker 2: No, but I'm going tomorrow and Thursday and Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Yeah, I've just may keep your accountable. Yeah, and I'm doing it with my friend. So it makes it perfect because it's scheduled in and then I feel like a dog if I don't go. No, I'm the exact saying. That's like where I go, it's like either Ellie's going, or Jamie's going or someone oh, Sash is going, and I'm like I've got to be there because I've told this person. Yeah, so just hold your self accountable by guilt tripping yourself doing it with friends. Yeah, that's fine, okay, love.
Speaker 2: That next question, how do you actually wake up when you're alarms off?
Speaker 1: I love how this is worded. Do you actually what are you doing?
Speaker 2: As someone who loves to sleeping.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the first thing is you have to make sure you're getting enough sleep. Yeah, so if you literally cannot open your eyes, you cannot peel yourself off that bed. You need to go to bed earlier. She mean, like I've been very old, yes, Or have moon milk, Have some moon milk, go to bed, drink your water. And then I think it's about you know, doing things for yourself that you know your future self would help. So I love Jamie had the idea. She's like, I just put my phone on the other side of the room, so she physically has to get up to turn it off.
Speaker 2: I know, and then you can't get back into bed.
Speaker 1: No, it's a bit hard. So yeah, so stuff like that, or even you know, leaving your blinds open so you've got to be the sun coming in there. I think it's also like it's almost when your alarm goes off, you need to decide what person you want to be, Like, if we want to get really deep and if you want me to be quite harsh to you, are you that person who always snoozes the alarm or are you the person who gets up and does the thing, because that's going to be then reflected from, you know, the rest of your day. Yeah, so it's like, what person do you want to be? Tears? Like fucking next question.
Speaker 2: When you first started your health journey, what was the one thing that made the biggest difference for you?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is a good one, and I feel like everyone's going to have such a personal experience. Yeah, me personally, let's chat about kind of because I almost have like two health journeys. I have like the original health journey where I went, you know, where I lost ten kilos and physically looked really fit, but was actually very toxic and very heavy into diet culture. And then the next journey is kind of stepping away from that and like, you know, finding in a piece with myself, finding peace with how I looked and not being restrictive and not fitting into that diet culture. So the thing that made the biggest difference from like this unhealthy journey to this like new health Journey would definitely be intuitive eating. So this is something I found and it's because I used to be a huge binge eater. Tell us what you did? Do you want an example of how I used to binge eat. Yes, So I would eat during the day, probably no much than like twelve hundred calories per day. And I was like work out sometimes twice a day at forty five. And they were like, I have forty five classes and twelve hundred calories. Yeah, So she was like, and I was tiny. I was, And I used to also do these I used to I was like training for fucking an a marathon or something, and I used to do it like a twelve k run twice a week. No, so my body was just like not clutching it thread, yeah she was. And also I was doing my law degree on top and working full time. So I don't know how you're not finding time to do.
Speaker 3: Like I'm so checking this. I was just a roast to do that.
Speaker 1: How do you really feel?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, it was not good. So like one of my typical binge eating meals. And when this happened like every weekend, all day's the weekend, or like once on the weekend every Friday. This one was okay, Saturday, I would also have a bit of a binge, but it was Friday and Saturday night. So Friday nights we used to get Nando's. Yeah, I love my Nandos. I love Nando's too. I used to get the eight barbecue chicken ribs with the barbecue basting, Perry Perry chips, a large one because we're going for it. Yeah, I drink that would be my dinner. So they eate ribs. That meal is not that much like I still have that now. It's delicious. Yeah, but that was like my dinner. And then for dessert was like where i'd really go hand. So I used to eat. Most likely there'd maybe be a couple of rose left, but most likely a whole block of you know, like milky Way white chocolate with the cookies in it, like my favorite chocolate ever. Still it's such a good chocolate, but a holes, it's so rich, so rich, I had no joke. I'd like a big bar and then maybe like lab, a family's lab in one sitting, I'm not finished. And then on top of that, I would go and get five hundred grams. I knew this to the grams of honey coated maceadamias, and I used to basically finish the bag oh my on top, so literally after this, and because like I didn't eat all week, my stomach was so small, so so fitness meal, I vomited all up. No I know I didn't, but I used to feel so sick. And I remember being in bed one night and just like literally being like and I know we're laughing about this, but it's like it's so bad. So that was not a great time of my life. Oh my god, how did you figure out that that wasn't good? When did that realization happen? I think it's when my It wasn't even about the binge eating because I just thought it was like normal. But it was like when my hormone started to like really shut down. And I went to a nat pass because I had like lost my period and like all these things, and she was like, oh my god, you need to like start changing your life. And so I remember, even when I started eating healthier and adding more food into my week, I couldn't get rid of these binges really, so I would I would continue to binge even though I was eating more. And it's because it was almost like a habit. And again, I'm not qualified in any way. This is just my personal experience. But then I found Intuitive eating, and I've read a lot of books on just diet culture and binge eating. My favorite book is called Just Eat It Bye. I can't remember. I feel like, yeah, I've mentioned it quite a few times. I feel like her name starts with Laura, but that has That was a really great book. And then basically intuitive eating is just this like concept. I actually have a full ebook. Just check that out, guys. I'll link that too. But basically it changed my life because it's all about listening to your intuition. And this is honestly how I got into my spiritual journey because it's the first time I ever started listening to my intuition of you know, when I was hungry when I wasn't, because before that I ignored all my cues. So clearly I was hungry when I was fucking eating twelve on calories like I was fucking starving. But I just learned how to ignore my body. Yeah, and then I ignored it for so long that I almost didn't understand my intuition. I didn't understand my cues and so I had to like relearn it all. So it's about relearning your body's cues and like when you're hungry when you're not, and stopping. And basically I found when I implemented intuitive eating, I could stop binge eating because I was like eating what you want when you want, Yeah, And I'm like, well, I can just eat that tomorrow. I don't have to finish the block of chocolate because I can eat it on a Monday or Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It'll still be it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's so weird, like I know, like we're laughing about it, but my mind did not understand that for so long. Yeah, Like I was like, no, it's a Friday. This is the only night I'm allowed, you know, sugar. So I just fucking went ham on it. Yeah, but intuitive eating, it's like, oh, well I can have that on Tuesday night. I can have it on any night and I'm going to live another day like it's it's fine. And so once I implemented intuitive eating, that seriously changed my life. So I'd say that, what about you, is there something that you did that really helped you know, in your health and fitness journey. You'll get that us I'll get back to you in about a month. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think just learning to give myself tough love recently has really changed my perspective and what I'm doing, because I found that when reflecting, I would offeren make excuses. And I think, as much as there is like this toxic.
Speaker 2: You gotta work blah blah blah culture, and.
Speaker 1: There's also this.
Speaker 2: Hustle hustle culture, and then there's also this very like listen to yourself, and I found myself using this. I'm listening to myself. I'm listening to my body as an excuse. I wasn't listening to my body as being lazy.
Speaker 1: I love this because we're literally the opposites.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I needed to listen to my body more, and you were like, no, no, no, I need to just get up and do it because it's so bad, like so interesting. I'd be driving home from work and I'd be fine, and then I'm just like I'll be like, I'm feeling really sick today and I just can't go to the gym. Yeah, and just you would kind of make up an I just make up an excuse, and the only person I'm cheating is myself. So I need to get over it and just work a bit harder. So okay, so your your approach is like, I actually need to give myself some tough love, like I need. I need a lot of tough luck in like I was too tough with myself. I'm just too nice to nights. I love this polar opposite. Yeah, but that's so insightful because I think sometimes I can get really like, No, that's like I don't believe in tough love and I don't believe in like, you know, the hustle and stuff because of how far I went the other way exactly. But if you've gone too far on the easy sides. Yeah, yeah, it's it's like a happy medium. Yeah, it's just as balanced.
Speaker 2: And I very much have experienced I have been too hard on myself in the past, but then I overcorrected. Yeah, I'm in bed on a Saturday morning instead of going for a walk.
Speaker 1: Sunday Morning's fine, I know. Yeah. Interesting. I love it so that that would be it for me at the moment, but I will check back in once I fully figured this out.
Speaker 3: Dear.
Speaker 1: The next question, how do you get to the point where Jim becomes enjoyable and For those of you who haven't experienced gym becoming enjoyable as someone who is currently quite unfit, it can be. I have been there where it's.
Speaker 3: Not enjoying gym.
Speaker 1: Someone who's not enjoying gym at the moment, it can be enjoyed. Okay, so let's talk about this. I kind of have a concept for this. Bear with me. I'm ready, let's see where this goes. So I truly believe there's like a thermometer. Yes, And it's almost like you need.
Speaker 4: To break through your excuses and your barriers and you need to find this place where basically.
Speaker 1: You can coast and it becomes habit. But until you get to that, you know degree, it's going to be like this, And I'm moving my hand up and down. Yeah forgetting where a podcast? And I know, so I've experienced this and it's like, fuck, this is so hard, it's not enjoyable. I hate life. And then obviously I'm in a zone right now. I'm like I love working up five am club and I've just got all the motivation. But I feel like it's because I was like pushing at it and like creeping up to it for a couple of months and now I've got here where it feels so easy to me. Yeah, And I would just say to that is just keep going, because it does get easier, it does get more habit. You just need to make that habit and it's going to be easier if you can make it work with your lifestyle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The biggest thing it's got to like slip in there. Yeah, it can't be again, just like remove the barriers to participation, like a sweet spot sweet which is not an entire block of chocolate. Ah yeah, look, no, I agree, And I feel like on the way where I currently am, on the way to that, you almost forget that it's a thumb thermometer and it feels like a hamster wheel of just like never ending distraught. Yeah, like when will I get that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: When is it going to end? And then you get there and you're like, huh oh great, this is a good life. Yes, you just got old onto that feeling. But then once you get there, you have to consistently show up and make that a habit too. Yeah, otherwise back it down. You're backed down and you gotta start again. And that's also a big thing I noticed, is like stopping, like you can't stop because it's so much harder to get there again. Yeah, so you most were just like if you have to pull back, it's fine, but just at least like keep plotting along and rather then constantly going back, because then it's like this slingshot moment and it's like, yeah, that I've just found if you can kind of just consistently do it. Like back before I had IVY, I remember someone kind of asking me about this and I just I almost couldn't comprehend because I had been working out for nine years consistently, and I was just like, what do you mean, Like, it's just you just do it. You just do it, Like that's a silly question. But then I had IVY and I was like, oh, I get it. You're like I understand, I understand it's so hard, but yeah, if you can almost keep the consistency. These are not sexy answers, by the way, Yeah, do the work, but yeah, yeah, Well I hope you enjoyed those little quick fire health and fitness cues. Again, we are very unqualified. This is all just our personal experience. And also I just want to say shout out to all the rn C fam who purchased a water bottle.
Speaker 2: We hope you love them.
Speaker 1: We love you and we hope you love them. And also, I just think it's gonna be the core thaying like if you're a gym and you see someone else with this water bottle, you'd just be like, you're doing it out, You'll keep going, I'm proud of you, or on a walk or on the bus or anything. I just think it's a bit spash. Yeah, love it. Thank you so much, guy, Thank you so much for listening to another episode on the Right and Conquer podcasts. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseanconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.