Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We were just talking to study about when you were a kid, there was always that one TV show that was unmissible.
Speaker 3: Speaking about that six o'clock news. I had a friend who got paid fifty cents a night if he watched the news with his family. Oh your kids pocket money?
Speaker 4: What really?
Speaker 3: I guess the idea was to make him more worldly?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, how at him? For me? Growing up? Right?
Speaker 2: Often the TV show that was unmissible that we watched with the appearance was mainly about actually trying to go to bed as late as possible.
Speaker 1: So I was watching whatever TV show your dad was into. For some reason. It was always aboutrunning down that clock.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it the lady who get the better?
Speaker 5: Go?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Dad, tell us that story again that I've heard about nine hundred times.
Speaker 1: Oh, talking this one before.
Speaker 2: Some I could have played for Match United and you're looking at the clock. The cricketting out on this one. In my house, it was all about, oh god, it's stars giving up cho tonight, Dad, I said, kid, this is as poor and as crap as.
Speaker 1: Show to me? Who cared those undercovered clocks?
Speaker 2: I hadn't been to me, But when the music came on and went, this is an hour. This will see until eleven o'clock, wow, eleven pm on a Saturday night, And then you'd be as quiet as a church mouse, so you'd almost forget you were in the room, barely breathing.
Speaker 1: There, Patsy, what's a TV show that was unmiscible growing up in your house?
Speaker 6: When we were kids, my brothers and I never missed an episode of the Goodies, And it used to come on the ABC just before six o'clock. And when I hear that news theme, I can smell Mum cooking dinner. So I can smell three nut roast yeah, no, three bachin meat like chops and sausages. Me low, yeah yeah results. But we used to love it.
Speaker 2: What do you call me?
Speaker 1: And we'd lay on the car, the toilet so I know it's you, slipstick.
Speaker 6: We'd lay on the carpet in front of the TV with our head in our hands, and we just absolutely loved it. But my dad was into the Don Lane Show, which was a big sort of talk show, but we couldn't watch it. It was on at nine o'clock. It was too late, and we'd sometimes creep out of bed and sort of just peep through the kitchen and Muma.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: We were there every time, go back to bed. It was massive with Don Lane and Bert Newton.
Speaker 3: How did we get an American guy doing a talk show on Austrain and TV set this one out?
Speaker 1: This guy, I'm Irish, I'm Australian. Who am I?
Speaker 2: I'm Jason Morn I got eight passports. I'm like a lazy season of nationalities for US.
Speaker 3: Unmissable TV was every Saturday night appointment viewing. Hey hey, it's Saturday.
Speaker 1: Brad Love Studios on Channel Gan.
Speaker 4: On the Globe, Sitney.
Speaker 1: Game, Brorisbond, Welcome Dona, two hours of Madame mad Gas.
Speaker 2: We need to have these watch the ratings rise again.
Speaker 4: Oh Mac.
Speaker 1: I like the way he went on to lay around the world. The rest of the world never saw it.
Speaker 5: And you know they go to London, New York parents, he went Brisbane, Hobar. He's getting small Frankston, Frankston South, That's so good.
Speaker 1: Jack.
Speaker 6: We used to go out on a Saturday night and religiously get ready to that show. You between getting ready it was.
Speaker 4: The weekend for you guys growing That was a huge red faces to me and my brother.
Speaker 3: It was it was like the height of performance TP. We used to talk about what we could one day do on Red Faces. Wow, Perry's in the studio with us, Perry. What was the TV show for you? The driest police of all time?
Speaker 1: The Bill? How dare you? It was the British Starsky and Hutch.
Speaker 2: Even this plotting kind of intro of those two the police feet walking down that lane.
Speaker 1: I used to love watching Bill. Did you get the Bill here there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We did? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Was it me?
Speaker 1: Did they have an audience?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was pretty massive. Although the up Shop in the eighties, which was an assy police show went up. No, not a rip off.
Speaker 2: We can think of a police show but set in the UK rip off. Come on, guys, all right, what was the unmissible TV show for you growing up?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Just to head up listeners, Jack Posts aka the Music Nerds. Sometimes we see him about once or twice here like a very rare in change of species. It's seasonal. He's woken up because someone mentioned the TV show The Bill. Do you remember the Bill back in the day? Well, we're here, this is the This is a TV show from the eight So the UK Cup Show Jack, here is it, and it's in an irregular time.
Speaker 3: What happens hard to like tap along with the bill and I've gone online and sure.
Speaker 1: Right, you're right. I mean Sony Man's ready.
Speaker 2: I don't know if my cart is going to do it in October where he's going to go two three fo.
Speaker 5: You all know.
Speaker 1: John and I used to go.
Speaker 3: But it is in an irregular time signature seven four, which most you know, ninety nine songs, pop songs especially are in four four one two three four one two. I understand, so four seven seven four is one two three four five six seven one two three four. Yeah, it's unsettling, don't you find.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, now you mentioned it is.
Speaker 6: It's a regular Now.
Speaker 2: I do know that there's only one or two other songs that I know that are in that same thing. One of them is a Pink Floyd song money, right, I believe it we get a clip of money. The music nerd will know this a bit of verified because it can't just take my own word on it, right, is that I'm Stephen Fry of the music world. And then the other one, this is going to make a dog wars Beny zero point one percent of the audience are going to know this. If you're like the band of the National. I think the song Demons is in that as well.
Speaker 3: Right, another one that Paul McCartney will be playing at Marble Stadium.
Speaker 1: Oh the hits Jack the Bill, Demons by the National. All right, so we're talking about the here we go. We got a money hook hit Jack.
Speaker 3: Five six seven.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well recognized, and we also got good to go Demons by the National. Maybe it might take it. I'll have to go home and get that vinyl and bring it in for us. All right, let's go to Errol here. Errol, what was the unmissible TV show for you growing up?
Speaker 1: The missible show was at six pm every night?
Speaker 7: Was Olf from Melmack.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Alien Life Form. What a show.
Speaker 3: That he was as tall as his son.
Speaker 6: Did you say did you say he was no taller than his son?
Speaker 1: He was no taller than his son, Yeah, which was Ben.
Speaker 8: He was only six years old then, and.
Speaker 1: He was LUs alien kids. You know, they grew up definitely to us humanoids exactly.
Speaker 3: Also, what's this elevated music that was the theme song?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 8: I don't know. Back then they used to use anything for a thing.
Speaker 3: So this sounds like I'm on hold to Telstra.
Speaker 1: This is a this is a terrible TV theme, isn't it? Years ago used to put in, but this it is. You're right, it's hold music.
Speaker 3: Was done by a piano.
Speaker 2: A few matter of fact, again when he we've started the next feature, whole fact has started early. We've just faded into it, sonly Errol, thank you very much, and no more from Errol.
Speaker 1: Now let's go to uh.
Speaker 3: The two tidbits were Elf was as tall as the sun character on the show. And you can play the piano a new feature?
Speaker 1: What is er all same? Because to me it's fun? All right? Have we got here? Ellianna?
Speaker 7: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Have you having a good week? And what was the unmissable TV show for you growing up?
Speaker 7: Mate? So growing up, mom and I used to watch some form of news and then we'd switch over to Channel eleven and we'd watch The Brady Bunch and Happy Days. And I forgot to add this, but we also used to watch mcgyver and Mork and Mindy.
Speaker 1: You're making the team work really hard very early on getting all these things.
Speaker 4: So Brady Bunch Bank, we watched a lot of Brady bunch of kids.
Speaker 1: And then you said happy days. Yep, one of the best. And then did you say mcguy V Yep? This is mysterious, isn't it? Chews you in.
Speaker 4: A smart man?
Speaker 1: The thinking man's the bill way older than a sun. So much got three feet on his kid. What's happened? So I thought it was alarm going off Carl and Braker. No, you're listening to the question. You know, Kyle's show podcast. We're talking about the TV. What's the TV show for you? Grown up?
Speaker 2: That was unmissible? Now, producer Caitlin, what is it for you? What's the TV show that it's unmissible for you? Every single night?
Speaker 3: Home and Away? Couldn't miss it.
Speaker 4: Now, Home and Away over Neighbors absolutely.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm from New South Wales and I think that everyone in New South Wales watched Home and Away without a doubt.
Speaker 1: Oh so it was seen as a album thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Neighbors just like anyone that watched Neighbors was a weirdo where I was from.
Speaker 2: WHOA, you're gonna judge us up there? Okay, that's interesting. Normally it's the other way around. But I tell you what great theme tune Home and Away?
Speaker 1: This was a great one. You know we below to get. Yeah, this is a great theme tune.
Speaker 2: You were that boy, and I actually think it throws shade. I love Neighbors, loved it well growing up.
Speaker 3: You're right, Neighbor's a better show. But Home and Away the better thing song.
Speaker 1: It's a slow burned banger. Even sounds like a fireworks going on. Did my heart? It actually sounds like yet they're dropping.
Speaker 8: A double D A B B double no bad where you are.
Speaker 2: We should insist that McCartney isn't even allowed on any stage in this country as he agrees to do this as his closer, because.
Speaker 1: Ye had five words going up. You know of marble, you know we below, It would be.
Speaker 3: Every person in the audience would be out of think a lot.
Speaker 1: Legend is you're my guy?
Speaker 3: You keep pausing it before we get to the want to get.
Speaker 1: He wants you want to?
Speaker 7: You want to?
Speaker 1: You know we below to get.
Speaker 6: You win that fil and.
Speaker 1: No man or where you are?
Speaker 7: You're my guiding starre birth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I forgot about this. Let's lady coming into gives young producer Gating Queen's ander.
Speaker 4: You.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this has got a lot more going on than Neighbors.
Speaker 2: Please I'll tell you what, though, smell it. It's a whiff of bogan about it. Though there's a barbecue, a car with no front tires. I mean, I'm not mad at it, but I'm just saying this is like a bogan anthem as it was this. There's a little bit more top end of town.
Speaker 3: Okay, everybody needs good it's a big goodie two shoes.
Speaker 1: Speaky thing. Kylie and Jason. Where's this barbecue somewhere on the go?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 2: Well were we Oh yeah, we're asking you about which TV show you were was unmissible growing up?
Speaker 1: Deb Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 8: How's everyone today?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 8: I am awesome. It's such a beautiful sun and I'm just loving that everyone's focused on the theme song rather than what the actual show was.
Speaker 1: Who cares love and melody? We get to stratch with the melody on the show. What's it for you? Debbie?
Speaker 8: Well, I mean it's actually great. It's a great segue into my favorite show, which was Countdown.
Speaker 3: God, that's a lot going on any things.
Speaker 1: I think this is this is easy to way you. All right, Debbie, Let's go to Colin. Good morning, Colin, good morning.
Speaker 8: There are you Christian.
Speaker 1: I'm good Colin. What was the unmissable TV show for you?
Speaker 8: The greatest, the most classicst one you could get ahead of everything for everyone. That's the Benny Hill Show.
Speaker 2: You know, we were talking last week on the show about how certain thing's age and you know, a man chasing women around heartbenchers with his trousers.
Speaker 1: Falling off, and I'm man here is there's there's something for everybody there The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast