Speaker 1: Laura, come on.
Speaker 2: Friday is on.
Speaker 3: Hello, here we are the end of the week.
Speaker 1: I love it Friday. I'm going to put mc quarry to pick up your dog. Deliah's been on vacation. She's had a beach holiday and put Quarry for a couple of weeks. She's got a better life than I do.
Speaker 2: Got dog, Liza blessed exist since I turn up to BRIT's house and I go, oh, you've cooked me salmon? No, she air fried a filet of salmon for her dog.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But also Britt has been talking about how Delilah's been on holidays in Port mcquarry, staying at her parents' house. But I think it also means that Brits had a bit of a holiday because Delilah is beautifully unruly.
Speaker 2: Toddler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I've been having sleepings. I feel like it's it's.
Speaker 2: A parent fun. Well, this weekend, I'm doing a half marathon. I'm doing an eleven colometers.
Speaker 3: Okay, not half math Mitch.
Speaker 4: I know that you're really into your walking. But also when people say they're doing a half marathon, they usually mean they're jogging it, not they're doing an eleven kilometer fun walk.
Speaker 1: Twenty two kilometers.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm doing eleven, so I'm doing one eighth of a quarter in Arithon.
Speaker 3: So you're doing you're basically going through ten kilometer walk.
Speaker 2: You guys are so mean. I said, guys, I'm doing my first ever half marathon, and Laura went, technically, that's precisely a quarter of a marathon and that's just a fun there's no merit.
Speaker 4: I did not, I said, I asked you how many kilometers it was, because I was like, wow, a half marathon. Is it really impressive for someone who only started running last week? And then you said it's eleven kilometers and I'm walking, and I was like, Okay, the details are slightly different, but I'm still proud of you.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get fat again.
Speaker 1: Shut up, it's a minor technicality. We're very proud of you. Have you set yourself a time goal.
Speaker 2: Twenty four hours. I just want to get to the air.
Speaker 1: It's eleven kilometers, Mitch.
Speaker 2: I'll post to selfie on the pickup socials at the start and then at the end, and then you can work out the math in between.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, okay, I want four updates.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll do now. It's a big show to end the week Well.
Speaker 1: What if you got first? Because you've been banging on about some tests, some honesty test or something. You want to put it Laura and I.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's a viral optical illusion that reveals whether you are a secretive person or an open and honest person. I'm going to put you guys to the test toend the weekends. Plus Taylor Swift. As you guys know, we've been doing it all week her Era as Well tour is coming to Australia. We have all your free tailor tickets coming up very soon. What we've done is we've organized a whole row of tickets for you and every one of your friends that's coming out your chance soon. At the pickup. It is the pickup for your Friday with Britt and Laura and Mitch. We're all here just checking in hires. Yeah, rushing to Chemists Warehouse to get half price off the Girl Healthy Vitamin range. It excludes bulk sizes, remember that chemist ware House. Great savings every day. Now, I'm going to hand you girls some homework, a little hand out.
Speaker 1: Okas I do.
Speaker 3: I mean, I thought I was past this part of my life.
Speaker 2: But no, not hold it and do not look at it down please. It is a piece of paper with an optical illusion on her. Don't look at it yet, this optical through the back.
Speaker 3: I've already cheered.
Speaker 1: She's sous looks she's already a cheat on it. Hasn't done or just.
Speaker 2: Held it up to the light like she's trying to escape a prison. She's a redemption monocle out.
Speaker 3: She's already cheating.
Speaker 2: Stop it because that tells me everything I need to know this subject. This illusion is going viral because there is two ways you can interpret these. What I need now is for you, guys, to turn it on three. This optical illusion will test whether you are secretive or honest based on what you see. First, La still cheating.
Speaker 1: I can see.
Speaker 3: I'm domin.
Speaker 1: She's still cheating.
Speaker 2: You either see a man or a woman. Turn it on three, one two three? What do you see and describe it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's flipping between them both.
Speaker 2: I see both, So it's it's it's it's a man and a woman in an embrace. They're kind of kissing and lying on a back.
Speaker 1: I initially saw the man, okay, and then it flipped the woman.
Speaker 3: No, I saw the woman kissing the man's.
Speaker 2: Wow. So Britt, you saw the man first. Let me tear what that means if you see if you see a man first, you are someone who finds communication difficult and is more secretive.
Speaker 1: Ah, this is not a Well.
Speaker 3: I might be a cheater, but at least I know how to talk.
Speaker 2: No, no, Well, if you see a woman first, it suggests that this person is likely to be more open and transparent. They value honesty and emotions and see it a key to a healthy relationship. However, it could also mean they experience frustration or disappointment if it isn't reciprocated. That's true.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's me, that is true.
Speaker 4: Okay, perfect. I mean I feel like nobody needs sort of therapy anymore. We just need to send this out. It's putting it on the pickup. Let us know what you see?
Speaker 2: I think, I don't know if there's any truth.
Speaker 3: What do you see?
Speaker 2: This is the first time I.
Speaker 3: Can see a new thing. It's a man with an elephant trunk.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see the trunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't see the trunk, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't think that's what it should. I also see an eyelash.
Speaker 2: Here, look I'm not used to saying a man and a woman embrace to be honest. So I just I feel sick to the stomach.
Speaker 1: Producer Tony Okay, mishonesty world peace.
Speaker 2: So you can't answer it after the fact knowing the results of the quiz.
Speaker 4: So what does that mean about Brita then if what she saw was a man first, she's a sniky, a little dishonest.
Speaker 1: No, I think it's gonna have issues with man trust issues. I'm trust issues.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it now. I've just helped a rule bad Migraine. It's really throwing my head off. Let's put this photo on the pickup socials.
Speaker 1: Did you bring in us the big stuff?
Speaker 2: Miss?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: That's fine, that's what I do you liar and law I thank you again for your open and honesty on this show.
Speaker 4: You're so welcome. I feel like it's the best way to live an authentic life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Should I just walk myself out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the Britain, It's the Lauren.
Speaker 2: The Bread Show. Let's embrace like this photo and recreate it. See what that does.
Speaker 3: Please stop, don't have to find an excuse to lay on me.
Speaker 2: Needed to fib later if I laid on you all right, coming up a full row at Taylor Swift Tickets. If you want to see Taylor in the Era as world too, we have your chance. Next you're on the pickup. It is Britt Laura and Mitch Friday rvo Or thanks to Chemists warehouse heading today, great savings every day.
Speaker 3: Mitch, you love yourself A little TikTok trend.
Speaker 2: I'm a TikToker down to my core. TikTok on the drop. That's what they say the kids.
Speaker 3: I don't think any kids say this.
Speaker 4: Well, there is a TikTok trend that has sweeped the world, the nation.
Speaker 3: Imagine you're in a long term relationship with your partner.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I could imagine you are in love.
Speaker 4: You were waiting for the day that they get down on one knee and they proposed to you.
Speaker 2: It's sounding a lot like my life.
Speaker 4: They set up the camera, they set up the go pro. You're standing there looking out over the Eiffel Tower. It's a beautiful, romantic setting and you think to yourself, oh my god, this is it, this is the moment. And he grabs you by the hands and he looks lovingly into your eyes as a little listen, and then he gets down on one knee and then he pranks you because he's creating a viral TikTok.
Speaker 1: No cannot be a tick.
Speaker 4: Fake propos This is a new trend. Men proposing to their This is heterosexual relationships. Men proposing to the females in their life to get content for TikTok And it is humiliating.
Speaker 1: I would be single, I'd be ropable, and I'd be single.
Speaker 6: Breakup, you break up if if I was with my partner for a long time and I was in the most romantic I have waited my whole life for a proposal, then they got down on one knee, pretended to propose, and tied their shoelies.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that is not a to me. That's not a joke.
Speaker 3: That is really cruel. I think a breakup is a bit extreme.
Speaker 1: Now I'm out.
Speaker 4: You would, okay, So if Ben did it as a joke, you would break up with him.
Speaker 3: It would be done. Nothing would come back from.
Speaker 1: That, because humor is one of the most important parts of a relationship. And that ain't funny.
Speaker 2: See I have a different take. If that happened and it went well on TikTok I went viral, I'd be so happy, But if it didn't do well, I'd break up based on the fact that it got no views.
Speaker 3: Who I think it depends, right.
Speaker 4: I think that there's instances where if you have a bit of sarcasm in your relationship, you could find this funny totally.
Speaker 3: But if you've said about.
Speaker 1: The happily married woman that got the great proposal, this is true.
Speaker 4: But Matt does prank me with silly stuff all the time. But I think if you if you know that it's a joke. But there have been instances of this where where the poor girl has been totally humiliated in public.
Speaker 3: For the just to make a viral TikTok. Who is doing this to.
Speaker 1: Their partner relation is not funny. It's not funny, and especially if they've been talking about proposal, it's really important to her. Maybe they'd had a proposal for that it had gone wrong, Like you don't know, I don't think that. I don't think there's one percent of this that's funny. I think people are cooked, including you, Mitch, because this is something you do to get TikTok.
Speaker 2: I think it's pretty hilarious to be perfectly honest with you. I think it's funny if.
Speaker 1: Somebody did that to you, you wouldn't care no, because.
Speaker 2: If that's the dynamic we have in our relationship, then that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: It's not the dynamic they have. This is the problem, these tiktoks. That's not the dynamic. This is just someone pulling one over the person they love to get a few views.
Speaker 3: No thanks, Can I just.
Speaker 4: Say I love how angry is about this the one that's the closest to getting proposed to.
Speaker 3: That's what's a real triggered different.
Speaker 2: I'm all right. Next on the show, did you have a run in with an animal? Did an animal? Do you dirty? That's what we want to know about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've had heaps of animals do me Dirty've been bitten by a camel, My invisil line was stolen just a week ago by a monkey, Believe it or not. I've had a lot of running.
Speaker 2: Started on the Honey Badger.
Speaker 1: Yes, it was probably biggest running to date.
Speaker 3: Still tis si still tios.
Speaker 1: Ouch Okay, no, not necessary, but whatever.
Speaker 2: I'm packing those stories coming up on the pick Up. It's the pick Up with Brett and Laura and Mitch for your Friday afternoon. Right now, rush into Chemists Warehouse. I don't want you to walk. I want you to rush to get half priced off the Go Healthy Vitamin range. It excludes bulk sizes. Chemists Warehouse Great savings every day.
Speaker 1: Earlier this week we were talking about how animals have done you dirty, because I've been done to. Just about ten days ago, my visiline was stolen in Bali by a monkey.
Speaker 4: I don't know anyone who has as many stories as you do about animals that have done horrible things to you.
Speaker 3: You got bitten by a camel and.
Speaker 1: My dog has stolen my moon cup, amongst other things. I got done really badly on National TV buyer a TV by the honey a lot of animals.
Speaker 2: That was the worst animal maiming in Australian history in my opinion. Anyway, we put the call out when did an animal do you dirty? So we got a five hundred dollar Chemist ware House gift card. A whole bunch of people wrote into the pickup website so.
Speaker 3: That you can buy antiseptic cream if you've been bitten by an.
Speaker 2: Animal, get at Chemists ware House. Let's see who we got. Let's go to Sofia, Hi, Sophia, what animal did you dirty?
Speaker 5: Well? It was actually a pig, oh.
Speaker 2: The way she started?
Speaker 1: Oh well, do well.
Speaker 5: I was actually on the Kink trip. It was about four years ago.
Speaker 2: It was a backpacker.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So one of the ventures is actually out to this farm when we're in the Netherlands. So we were out and about on the farm. We were making cheese with wearing clogs. I decided to go up to this pig and have a photo.
Speaker 7: I felt something charging at me from behind, but all did I know that it was another pig, and the pig came and beat me right on the bum.
Speaker 3: Oh no, And was.
Speaker 2: The pigging clogs? What was the context? Why did they clogs?
Speaker 5: I just wanted to get the clo.
Speaker 2: That's enough affair. Interesting story, Tessa, What happened with an animal? Tessa?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 5: Okay. So when I was twenty five, I was volunteering in an animal refuge in South America in Bolivia speak. So there was a bunch of animals there, but in particular some spider monkeys, and one in particulars are quite naughty and she used to take a liking to certain volunteers. So luckily I was one of them, and she would follow me around the park and she would just stare at me from a distance, and if she got close enough, she would try and grab onto my legs to you know. So this went on for a while and then.
Speaker 1: She really was getting dirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, I get in to gu with it. Absolutely, so it was a little bit yeah, unnerving. But then she's also break into the cabins and she'd steal toothpaste and weird things like that. One morning I woke up and now fell something at the end of my bed, and I'm like, what's going on? And I woke up and rolled over and there she was staring at me from the end of the bed, her hand on my leg and.
Speaker 3: Making a move.
Speaker 5: She was yeah, yeah, she absolutely was. But yeah, I just, oh my gosh. There used to be saying it was just another day at least end of her day, and that's exactly what rang true.
Speaker 2: Heard that one, all right. Gerard quickly wrapped this up for us, you dirty buddy.
Speaker 5: So all that Sea World and we were doing one of them animal encounters and I was attacked.
Speaker 4: By a penguin at Big very no, no, one of the big ones for a parent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what what's an attack from a penguin? Did it flap you with its wing? Did it challenge?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: I must have stept too close to the pebbles he gave to his girlfriend, and he grabbed the back of my leg with.
Speaker 5: His beak, drawing blood and everything.
Speaker 2: I bit you, Jered, He bit me. Penguin's mate for life. You should take that as a badge of honor. He was coming for you. He was dumping his penguin wife for you.
Speaker 5: He's seen me as competition. Maybe yeah, yeah, maybe he wanted my wife.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe I don't. I doubt it, Jered. I'm sure she's beautiful, but I do doubt that. I think we're all like it's a unanimous decision. Who's won the five hundred dollars at chemist ware house. It's Piggy so for.
Speaker 1: Five hundred bucks the cheesy pink cloth.
Speaker 4: So I hope that this, yeah, this makes up for being bitten on the ass by pick.
Speaker 2: Five hundred dollars a chemist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so well done, well Raps, So thank you guys. Do you you just made me think about this? I had another encounter with a pig too. I'll just throw that in there I was in the Amazon jungle.
Speaker 2: We've done at the time, my children, all right for another day standing of the show this week, don't bother or you can podcast it on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: It's just talking about being in the Amazon jungle from.
Speaker 1: My Next My Next Animal Counter next week.
Speaker 2: Guys, coming up, You and Sofia get along like a house on flying talk for hours. All right, when cold and flu strike Demeson gets it done. Always follow the directions for yous. Have a great weekend, Willem Woody. The boys are standing by.
Speaker 3: They are what's on the show? Boys?
Speaker 7: Joe Jonas yesterday played can you hear It? So we opened cans in here and based only on the sand of the canon, and you're gonna tell us if it's a soft drink or a beer.
Speaker 2: He got five from five.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you heard it, guys.
Speaker 7: But then all of a sudden he goes for a can number six with a huge wager of something that Will and I have to do in five to ten minutes. We're going to tell everyone if he gets can six, and then what that bloody wager is sounds like a good one.
Speaker 2: I see you, guys, see Monday. By bye.