Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded, the Yugen Bear region. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcast. It is Georgie's your host, and we've got our Georgie's Line episode for you. These are fun Friday epps where you send in your life dilemmas and I N a tear provide you with my unqualified two cents on the situation. Today might be one of our most chaotic episodes to date. Somehow we end up talking about my posty Dave and his man cations. But I guarantee you you're going to love this episode. We are chatting can friends be someone you have dated, how to find friends that align with you? And is your relationship actually toxic? With any red flags? Guys, recommendation for the week. I've got two little recommendations. So last weekend me, mel and Cooper went on a wellness retreat I'm gonna butcher the name Gowanda, and it was so nice. So it wasn't really like a wellness retreat to just like relax and be We also did that. It was actually like a business retreat. And my recommendation is, even though we're in the middle of the year, go over your goals, because yes, something I think we do is we make goals at the start of the year and then we're like, I don't know, we kind of forget about them or we just kind of autopilot think they're still our goals. But rego like redo your goals act. You know what would be great for this sitia is our refresh ebook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, like a media check in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you guys haven't downloaded our freebe ebook, I'll put a link of the show notes. But it's basically just to It's called you know, seven Days to Reignite your Spark, and basically I just give you seven exercises things to speak about, and you really go over your goals. So definitely check in and go over that because I had so many insights and I re established a lot of goals and like refocused them because I just realized I had changed so much, like from who I was even six months ago.
Speaker 2: Six months ago.
Speaker 1: Seems like a lifetime. Yes, insane, So that was really helpful. And then also another recommendation. I don't know if I fully recommend it yet, but I've started reading Happy Days by Gabby Bernstein. Love Gabby, love all her books. She's definitely someone who got me into spirituality. My favorite book from hers is definitely The Universe Has Your Back. I feel like that's ceog. I feel like everyone's read it. But she's just released a new book, Happy Days. I'm only a few chapters in, but it's all about trauma and dealing with trauma. Yeah, it's really interesting and so I'm really enjoying that. I'm not all the way in, but it's a good read so far. Anything like that, I think as you know, a bit of self development. You know, I love it all right, guys, Oh oh my god. Last little announcement is if you haven't seen my one million posts on Instagram, I am releasing another collection with Pedal and Pup. It is my winter collection with them, and everything is so cute. Oh my god, i'mum sess So obviously I did a maternity collection and also, guys, you can tell him a bit sick, So apologies for the nasal voice. Little ivy girl is sick and she's got me sick. So it's been like a fun week in our household or no sleep and you know, sick people. But look I'm here smiling. I'm getting through and yeah, sorry, back to Pedal and Pup. We did a winter collection together and I'm just so bloody excited. If you haven't seen, go to my Instagram. I have posts there and reels and lots of fun things. It launches on the fifteenth, so if you're listening to this in real time on Friday the tenth, it launches next Wednesday at twelve p My previous collection with them sold out very fast. I think the you know, the favorite, the hero dress of the piece sold out in seventeen minutes. So I was gonna say, I feel like when I went on when it went on sale, like within a day, yeah, that was gone. Yeah, And so obviously, like we have alert from that and we don't want people to be disappointed and we do have a lot more stock, so hopefully things don't sell out that far as Jesus. But again, because this is a winter collection, if you do like any of the pieces, I would just try and be on there when you know it's live, just because even if we wanted to restock, restocking takes four to six weeks, so you're almost going to miss when you're going to wear these pieces, if that makes sense. So I just don't see us even restocking even if things sell out, because there would kind of be no point because we'd be getting into like spring anyway. So if you do like any of the pieces, just you know, get there when it goes. It is twelve pm, so I've made it lunchtime, so if you are at work, just you know, hopefully you can take your break. Then I'll be at weg just like, hang on, George, I've just gonna go excise me five minutes, five minutes. But yeah, I'm really excited all the pieces. You know what I'm into comfy pieces, and something I did think about is also pieces that you could wear next winter, so they're not just like trendy things that you're gonna wear once. It's like, these are pieces that you can invest in. We picked also very specific, like knits that are going to last and that you can continuously wear. So I'm just obsessed. If you want to check out the collection, go to my Instagram page. Launch just Wednesday at lunchtime, fifteenth. I'm so bloody excited, and I will be doing a bit of an ig TV going through sizes. I am wearing size M in the whole collection, except one dress, the Geneva dress, which I actually went down to size. Love that, Love that for my self esteem. But yes, very excited. We actually have next Tuesday's episode, which is the fourteenth, all about imposter syndrome, because oh my god, I had so much imposter syndrome with this collection. I had this weird thing that because I wasn't pregnant, no one would want to buy it. I don't know, it was so weird, like saying that out, lad, I know I sound stupid to you. No, it's not even that. I'm like, that's a limiting police. You can do things even when you're not pregnant. Oh god, I hope. So all right, guys, let's get into this episode. It's a funny, funny one. I think we cried laughing, Anny, Sorry, I love that for us. So the first question we have. I went on a few dates with a guy who I was really clicking with. We cooked each other dinner, watched movies, and talked for hours. Then he sort of disappeared and said he's not ready for a relationship. I would never push someone to that, but I was genuinely enjoying spending time with him. Can I pursue a friendship if I can keep my feelings out of it?
Speaker 2: I felt like we really clicked.
Speaker 1: Like, Yeah, of course, you can definitely pursue a friendship if you can keep your feelings out of it.
Speaker 2: But I don't think that's impossible.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm kind of reading the question and it kind of sounds like you already got feelings, You already caught the feels. Yeah, no, Like I think you definitely can. But it also comes down to if he's been very upfront and gone, look, I don't have the capacity, I don't want something. Is that almost just trying to soften that he also probably doesn't want to spend time with you. Oh, did you think?
Speaker 3: I actually just thought maybe he has commitment issues? Yeah, he's just genuinely like, maybe he just got out of a huge relationship and he likes her.
Speaker 2: But he's not ready.
Speaker 1: I love that he's being honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least he's being super honest, and you can value that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think of course, like, of course you can be friends with the opposite sex, Like, yeah, I know you can be friends with the opposite sex that you met by going on dates with them. Yeah, Okay, that's just.
Speaker 3: Like because if that spark was like kind of there at one point that you went on more than one date, Like, I think you could probably be friends with someone that you went on a first date with and you were like nah.
Speaker 1: And honestly, like this could be meeting cynical. But I feel like if you just continue this friendship, like you'll just end up like sleeping together, catching more feels when he's been very obvious and gone, I don't want anything, and then you're just gonna be like, oh, spit.
Speaker 3: Shit yeah, and then you just get like I think we said it in a previous Hotline episode, but you sort of just get attached to this person and you won't grow, like if a job comes up, or if you someone else that you really like, and like you're just holding onto hope, that you shouldn't be holding onto and yeah, it's probably best to just not put yourself in that situation in the first place.
Speaker 1: Also, ask yourself, like do you have time to waste? Because it's almost a bit of a time waster. Yeah, don't you reckon, like not time waster, energy waster, Like would you rather see what happens here? Or would you rather wait? You do you? And then like the most perfect person, I'm tell.
Speaker 2: One both introverted. Do you have energy to wait?
Speaker 1: Literally? Were like, we don't have energy for this? Oh my god? Can you tell them? Feeling drained? Also, I feel so bad because like I've been in a relationship for so long a tears, like never had a relationship. So we're like on polar opposites and these poor people just trying to date. I think a tear you need to go on some dates, so we have some fun hotline episodes.
Speaker 2: So you're going on a date.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you need to. Let's get a tear on Tinder. I wouldn't rather die let me too, Okay anyway, so also so inappropriate me to say that as your boss. I take it back, don't see me. I would never.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just kind of think it's not the best idea, but also you do you like if you want to suss it out, But yeah.
Speaker 3: If you because like you hear so many stories of people who are dating and they're like, he told me he wasn't ready and then he was ready.
Speaker 1: Well actually, yeah, my so my bestie has been with her partner for like six years now, and it was very much a case of you know, it was a one night stand. They both weren't looking for things, but they kept seeing each other and then evolved into a relationship and they have a beautiful relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I kind of built from a friendship.
Speaker 1: Yes, so I like, yeah, but then I come from my relationship with Tim, which also started from what DM I that was just day one. You know, you're my soulmate.
Speaker 2: I love you. Did you both feel that way? Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was obsessed something that.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine saying, have you just how I met your mother? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I haven't finished it though, Like I never actually.
Speaker 3: Found out, so you know how he was like first date with Robin and he's like, I think I'm in love with you.
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Could you imagine something saying that to you if you didn't feel the same so awkward.
Speaker 2: No joke though.
Speaker 1: Tim was like that, oh that's which like amazing for me. I would just got out of relationship though, So I was like, I'm not ready. Well I thought he was just like a fuck boy. He was a lot older than me too, so I was really confused. So I was like, is this how?
Speaker 2: This what?
Speaker 1: Anyway? That's story for another day.
Speaker 2: Maybe give it a girl.
Speaker 1: Watch your conclusion.
Speaker 3: I'd say, set a time limit, like if you feel like this could grow into something definitely. Don't want to be the person to say it couldn't, because it can and it does happen for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: But give yourself a.
Speaker 3: Limit, and don't set a boundary with yourself in the sense that you don't turn other things down because you're waiting on him. If it'll if it's gonna happen with him, it'll happen. But don't don't not go on dates with other guys. Don't think that you need.
Speaker 2: To wait around. Also, play the field.
Speaker 1: Ask yourself, do I need an extra friend right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe this person does. Do you mean yeah?
Speaker 2: And if you do and it's fun.
Speaker 1: Go for a girl he might Yeah, he might be a fun time. And then also or alternatively Okay. In conclusion, my advice, if you want a new friend, you go for it. If you don't, I would literally text him and just say, all good, you know what, I'm definitely looking for more if when you're ready, I've had to say, if you ever feel differently and you want to explore this, text me otherwise don't. Yeah, clear boundary, and you know what, he'd probably respect that. If he's the kind of person that's been that upfront with you in the first place, it won't offend him. Yeah, points for him for being upfront.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Love Okay. Question number two, geez hotline, please help. I love that as I was completing the seven day Refresh ebook. Love that you did that?
Speaker 1: I guys, seven Day Refresh ebook is still available download. You don't have to do it like we've already.
Speaker 2: We've done it.
Speaker 1: We've done it, but it is still available to download. We had so much good feedback from it. We'll put a link in the show out.
Speaker 3: She realized how much of a challenge it was for her to fill in the sections about friendship. She said she's got a few friends at the moment, but she feels like they don't quite align with her completely, and she's unsure if it's her the own limiting beliefs that are stopping her from finding her group of friends, or if she's just not looking in the right places. She's got a few friends at the moment, but again just doesn't feel like they align with her completely. She really wants that aspect of her life back again, as she hasn't had a best friend or a tribe of people that align with her for a very long time. If we could provide some advice or stories about how we found our own tribes, it would be so helpful. Oh yeah, I love this question because I think, again this is a question you'd be surprised how a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people feel the same way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's hard because in high school, you're kind of just made to be friends with certain people and you feel really close to them.
Speaker 2: And then after you realize they weren't your friend. You just saw them every.
Speaker 1: Day, yes, and you just like had to be friends with them, And then you get into like the real world, and it's actually quite difficult to make and maintain friendships, especially if you're not like working with the person or spending a lot of time. Was it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's not like a convenient theme. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so my two cents on this, I've had a not a similar thing because I have a range of girlfriends where, for example, my best friend is literally from high school, so we've known each other since we're thirteen. Yeah, and she's amazing, But we've had like a unique friendship where for instance, I went through like a huge growth and self development journey before her, and there was definitely a stage in our friendship where I felt like she was not on the same page as me. But I didn't flicker as a friend and go, oh, we're not you know, we're not doing the same things. You can you can fuck off. But she was always a good friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But then what is like really unique about our friendship is she then went through her own self development journey and I'm looking like manifesting spirituality crystals, and now we're on the same level and.
Speaker 2: We have even like a stronger friendship. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So a big thing with like your current friends is I wouldn't completely discredit them because they maybe, you know, grow as people. I think it's about you go through seasons. So for example, with that friendship, we just went through season where we didn't see each other as much, and that's okay, guys. So if you can hear, like the NH Warehouse, we tell them to be quiet, and no one.
Speaker 2: Listens to us. They don't care.
Speaker 1: They literally don't care. Then they're like yell and we're.
Speaker 2: Just like bust in the door.
Speaker 1: While recording, you'll often hear Cooper just bust in and tell us about his day and me until you're like, shut up, do you want to join the conversation or not? Sorry? So that's like a version. But in regards to actually finding your people on the same wavelength and just where you're at, you've got to think, like where would these people be. So, for example, I've found a lot of girlfriends who were either you know, women or business through networking events or literally through Instagram, who I feel like we're on the same level and then we deem each other and then we chat and then you know we might meet up, do you know? I mean like think where those people would be and that's like go there. Yeah, that's like for example, with my project, we have like a Facebook group and I've had so many messages from previous rounds saying that they've found their best friend in the Facebook group because they you know, everyone does this post at the start of the project where they say where they're from, and they'll often do meetups meet these group of girls and everyone's like clearly on a high vibe, you know, and it's fun. Yeah, and it's fun and so I don't know, like stuff like that, do you agree?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And it's weird because when I think about it, a lot of my friends are from high school or I've met them randomly, like through work and unique that UNI or no, I don't have any especially I don't have any UNI any. I like never went to class. I did all my unique external Yeah, I hate it.
Speaker 3: When I went to class, it was like I was here any female in there and no one wanted to talk to me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you just engineering.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: But when it comes to like finding friends that ALIGNE, the one thing I've noticed from the message you said that they don't align with her fully. I can't say like it depends obviously how you define it. But for me, when when you say aligne completely, it's like same goals in life, same timeline in life, same same everything, Like you're just going the same place. But I don't actually think that you need people around you that have that, because none of my friends really do, but they all do something different for me, and my measurement stick for friendship is if I feel refreshed after I spend time with you, I will be your friend. If spending time with you drains my energy, probably not gonna.
Speaker 1: You will not be my friend.
Speaker 2: You didn't pass the test.
Speaker 1: Sorry, you did not pass my friendship stick. Yeah. I love that. Let's all use this friendship stick, all right, guys, So the friendship stick. If I spend time with you and you fill up my cup, we can still be friends. If I spend time with you and you drain me, we cannot be friends. You get the flick, You get the flicks. Yeah, I love that, Attia, And I think that is a huge point of just going back to the actual aligned thing because that's very like similar to me. Whereas one of my best friends is completely opposite to what I'm doing in life, like completely, we still have the same values in regards to like life, you know, just being good person value, be a decent human, be a decent human. But other than that, like our life is honestly polar opposite, and I love it because do you just want to like clone yourself.
Speaker 2: Yourself.
Speaker 1: I honestly can't stand myself sometimes don't want to have friends who are like, like, I've been so annoyed, so annoyed, you'd be like that person's the worst.
Speaker 2: Why they always messaging me?
Speaker 1: They wouldn't. That person never replies because they're exactly like you. No, I'm with you on that one. None of my friends are like honestly, apart from that best friend, not like, none of my friends have like businesses or you know, in the realm where I would say I am. And I don't think that's the biggest factor. But if she's generally saying like not aligned, I'm guessing she's just not vibing with them.
Speaker 3: And then that's where there's an issue, and it's more just about maybe distancing yourself.
Speaker 1: I feel like I just said this in a previous episode, but I think it's also the thing of, well, don't waste your time with these people, and maybe you just need some time and space to let the right people come in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just find some hobbies, and then the.
Speaker 1: Right people will come there and get a hobby.
Speaker 3: I literally don't have a hobby. If you like more about putting yourself in the room with where you'd find these people, if you like, maybe.
Speaker 1: Take a few lasses studio. Yeah, sorry, I didn't, because you've got to put yourself out there if you do want to find these people, and you can. And I think you've got to be very optimistic and your mindset is like I am attracting my tribe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and not being nervous because I feel like making friends as an adult.
Speaker 1: Is weird, because you like, do I ask for their Instagram? Do I message them asking if they want copy?
Speaker 2: You don't think that. I think I get so nervous.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, Oh no, I don't. That's good.
Speaker 2: It's good. Good. I'm gonna go in my room now.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: At least were different. We're so different. I love it.
Speaker 1: This is why the Hotline episodes are so great, because our opinions are usually so different. Then we get Cooper in here, and it's fucking really different. They're like to the point where but we're both like, no, that's not correct.
Speaker 2: It's so different. We agree that it's wrong.
Speaker 1: We reject this statement. All right, all right, all right, I think we're on to the next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lucky.
Speaker 3: Last I was looking for advice on what to do when your family disapproves of your relationship, not your partner, but the relationship itself, but you feel like you're the happiest, most confident, independent version of yourself than you have been in years. I've been with my partner for nearly four years now and we're currently in a long distance relationship. My mom continues to tell me she thinks the relationship is unhealthy and where too dependent on each other. Any advice on how to handle her opinion, but also not sacrifice a relationship I'm happy.
Speaker 1: So interesting, I would love to know.
Speaker 2: I feel like it.
Speaker 3: Comes down to what kind of relationship you have with your mom?
Speaker 1: Mm?
Speaker 2: Deep, Like is this your mom?
Speaker 1: Is she being overprotective?
Speaker 3: Is she being overprotective or is she actually concerned?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is she just being kind of like wingy, like oh yeah, you know when your mom says one herself and you're like yeah, yeah, like let me live my life, yeah, let me make my own mistakes. Or is she genuinely concerned?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And sorry, I'm just gonna say it to you, Like, if she likes him and she's not concerned by him, then what is.
Speaker 3: It about the relationship, Because that's the only thing that makes me question it because it's not her mum saying dump him. I hate him, he's a horrible human being, which then you obviously question it because it's been four years. But it's just her saying, I feel like you're too dependent on each other.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have a really interesting story. Yeah, it's not that it's not that interesting. I swear, I've told you guys before. But so we have parents that are actually so co dependent on each other. It's sickening. It's not sickening, it's really cute. So my parents have been together since I were sixteen, have a very beautiful relationship, but they actually like they do not do anything without each other, like I'm talking about, like they will not like Dad would not go to the shops without mum like ever, and like my dad goes to fundings every day just to get away from your mom. Are joking, I'm joking.
Speaker 2: I don't know your tears. Mom, I love you.
Speaker 1: I apologize, so rude. That's so cute.
Speaker 2: Your dad can't go to.
Speaker 1: The shop about you, like he just wouldn't want to, like the other day I was telling. And so yeah, and back to the story of like when me and Tim were dating, I feel like we have a very I love my your own company, I love my own time, and through me and Tim's relationship. For example, we used to go on holidays with our friends. So Tim would go to Bali with the boys. I'd go to Bali with the girls. Love that, and we would have like and especially remember I was with him since I was seventeen, so I've got to live my life. Yeah, and we just like we're fine, Like it's yeah, like I it's not like I do like three months Europe trip without him or anything, but you know, we'd have a week and I, you know, go have fun with the girls, he have fun with the boys. And I feel like we have this very healthy relationship where we can spend time with other people and it be okay. And my parents used to think it was weird. They're like, wow, why you're going to bully of the girls? What do you mean so Tim's not coming? And they literally thought it was weird and they would say that is so weird, like that's not normal, And because I know what's normal, I just was like used to with thee.
Speaker 2: Like so funny.
Speaker 1: I was telling mom and dad the other day how I was so excited to have some time to myself because Tim, I can't even remember what I was doing anything. I was getting like your.
Speaker 2: Parents are probably like they're gonna get a divorce, no joke.
Speaker 1: When we went on separate holidays, Dad was like, Dad was like, is everything And I was like, yes, Dad, We're just like having fun with our friends. Like it's fine, but no joke. And then the other day I said something about I was so excited to have some time alone without Tim, and my parents were there and literally my dad turns to my mum and goes, he won't leave me this weekend, will you like kind of as a joke, but he was also being sick. My mom was like, oh my god, this is what I have to deal with, and.
Speaker 2: Like my laugh than cute. They're obsessed with each other.
Speaker 1: It's too much, but it's funny because like my mom will make jokes that she is just so funny. She doesn't want to eat breakfast early because she doesn't want to just like I don't eat breakfast till like nine am. Yeah, but my dad wants to eat breakfast early and wants to have breakfast.
Speaker 2: With you, And no joke.
Speaker 1: It's this consistent fight. Mom says I don't want to eat breakfast eliot, but Dad likes to eat breaprice Ellie, and he wants to have breakfast with me. It's such a six am and he's asking me when I went for breakfast and they're like bigger about it. And I say to her, well, just don't hope first, and she's like, oh, well, he gets funny if I do that, And I'm like, this is just the funniest thing ever. But like, like it's no joke. But this is such a prime example of like my parents think me and Tim are weird because in their relationship. So is it just that your mom has experienced a different.
Speaker 2: A bit of an independent relationship.
Speaker 1: And it's funny because our posty, how did we get it here?
Speaker 2: What is your posting? So we're really close to.
Speaker 1: A h like your house And I was like, what is crying? No? So our posty who like my parents know too because I used to work out n H. He has this like he's with his wife and they the kids get for like forty years, and he has these man cations when where he will go overseas literally with his man friends for literally like three months. And can you imagine what my parents think they're like, oh my god, did you hear about Dave's man cation, and like he loves his wife and they have a beautiful relationship and they think they're like it's so weird, but like I'm just saying, like we can all have different relationships and whatever. Suit she was fine.
Speaker 2: I don't know how we got there.
Speaker 3: I loved it, though. I think just have a chat with your mom stas friend, I know.
Speaker 1: I I think you need to establish if she's genuinely concerned or if she just has as experiences in her life. Yeah, And I think like if it comes down to that, just be like, my relationship is just a bit different, yeah, and just set that boundary. And it's like mom stopping so annoying. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it sounds like you've recently gone long distance as well, so maybe you're in that little phase where you're just on FaceTime all the time and your mom might just feel a bit neglected and it's a little bit of that coming out. So it could just be going for a mom and daughter date once a week or something like that. But definitely don't sacrifice the relationship if you're happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But also if she does have a point like if you have gone long distance and you're always on FaceTime, maybe you just seasoned to like do you yeah? Like very random point there, but yeah, yeah, maybe just FaceTime for an hour a day instead of seven Like, who we to tell? I know, guys, I'm so sorry. We don't know how we really went on a tangent. All right, guys, I think that's enough from us. Thank you so much for listening. We will be back in your ears on Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing. And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great