Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three five Who.
Speaker 3: From Richmond Gold one four point three hqgs, Melbourne, Australia.
Speaker 1: We'recusting to the world for Christian. Would I be awake at eight pm? I'm five hundred years old, Sol.
Speaker 4: It is a thing that I missed from my teenage bedroom for breckfast.
Speaker 5: So do you want the generic brand today?
Speaker 1: That smell? Good morning? It's The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Friday morning, seven minutes past six. Hey, Patsy, everything all right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Well? First text to drop into the show quotes the news. Ah, what's going on? Pats sitting on out and John?
Speaker 5: Now this you know what it is.
Speaker 6: It's some Friday yes, partly, but writing stuff and then putting spelling mistakes and all sorts of different words in there that shouldn't be in there.
Speaker 1: And you've had ahead of a twenty four hours. Dare we ask? You don't give me in a long story that we had yesterday? I was too short. I'm not going to get those precious moments back on my deathbed. Gun I wish, I asked Pats more about that bloody problem. There's everything right at home.
Speaker 6: Everything's fixed, and you know what it was in the end, which is very embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Good stuff, Jack, Let's talk about the ball no time today.
Speaker 4: How you feeling, Jack, Look, I'm not I'm not surprised, but I am sad because I guess my brain expected it a loss like this. It's the raining premiers. West Coast won the premiership last year. We didn't even play finals, so we're coming up outmatched in their home turf. But when the first siren goes and the first bounds happens, you're in at one hundred percent. You start to believe the first goal.
Speaker 1: It's the hope that kills you with sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I was a ball of nervous energy last night and then it's slowly I was jumper on as well, had the bummers jumper on. It wasn't to be. I made it to three quarter time, then I went nine. Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're sure enough they were starting to really put ahead as well, weren't they. And you know, to be fair, the Eagles were brilliant.
Speaker 4: That's right. I didn't even think we really played badly. They're just a better team than us. Nick Knatt dominated they were just better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of things that I noticed from last night's game. Basically, Crawf said a couple of things, none of them are true. He said that Nick Knat will be playing for most a quarter, no whole game, and was the most fiery, most aggressive player on field for the whole game and actually at one moment threw another player into a cita was.
Speaker 4: A high light yep.
Speaker 1: And I don't know which the comment takes goes, there's chips and nuts everywhere, and I went, this is what I love the sport. Chips and nuts everywhere. And then someone just threw a drink at Merrit. You remember there was someone sat there or something. Someone emptied their drink over Merrit yep.
Speaker 4: Which contradicted another of Crofts points, which was that Essena will come out and be the physical side. No, no, we're the one getting thrown into the fence West Coast and the crowded more physical.
Speaker 1: Than what do you think that when I first started watching AFL last year, right, I used to feel sorry for Kamling. Now sixteen months after living here and going through my first full season of footy, right, he really does say some I've had very odd things at times. So the whole nicknat thing, what's your take on that? If someone pulls my hair, right, I think it should be absolutely fine that you're allowed to pick up that person and throw them through space. As far as I'm concerned, they should have got like six points for Nick Natt because it was an amazing throw. Also, he's just he's so physical and big, isn't he. He's like a giant amongst kids. He was pouring the ball out.
Speaker 4: Who hit puberty two years before all the other kids.
Speaker 1: On the field, A full beard at like twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it wasn't a good look for hair Paul. But I mean, I get annoyed with when you're losing, You get annoyed with all the commentators. And I have a trait that Bianc hates where when we start to lose, I'll tap the mute button on and off, on and off repetitively.
Speaker 1: So start going and but then you lose a joy that Last night, my most commonly said phrase was shut up ling, shut up ling, And there's a joy there is. There is some religio all that's saying it was Nick Knack's fault for having long hair, Like what is he expects he's got long hair. You see it too, they were long hair. You can't help me out, but good of a little pool. I'm think surely it's illegal to have hair putting in footy. You can't be doing that.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 4: We saw a guy climb a gold post this year, so it's possible.
Speaker 1: The nuts everywhere God one o four point three Big show today, we're taking through some of the other stuff happening. We're coming up next waiting for us. Primed is Bob and he's got a brand new song in his head.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So if you missed the news this morning, here's the main headlines.
Speaker 6: Sixteen agents age fifteen to seven to of being charged locating an unloaded firearm.
Speaker 5: Thank you for that, that's all right.
Speaker 1: And then of course there was two days ago this amazing price.
Speaker 6: Win platinum tickets with a chance to sit at Elton John's every morning this week.
Speaker 5: Sorry, that's your.
Speaker 1: My win sheet. Is it great? I didn't know you could sit at Elton john That's still my favorite prize. When are we giving that a way?
Speaker 6: Win platinum tickets with a chance to sit at Elton John's every morning.
Speaker 5: This week this is.
Speaker 1: Sort of five competition winners, and this week just sat at the feet of Elton John like some sort of sequent little booties is going to go on stage.
Speaker 4: Worry and then some mind a shuffling them.
Speaker 6: In this whole facade.
Speaker 1: All right, it's time for this. Where is listener Bob's head at We did this every Friday, six fifteen, wide a bit of it six fifteen, because that's the only time Bob can fit us in. He has a busy schedule. Every morning, listener Bob wakes up and he's got a brand new air one you know that song that burrows its way into your inner brain, and he gives us a cup of clues. You've got to try and guess what the song is. Bob.
Speaker 7: Good morning and good morning Christian, Mats and Jack Mike. Com miserations to you, Jack, but maybe we'll see you in the finals next year.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Bob fin Bobby.
Speaker 7: Before we go on, I wondered if you wanted to talk about the cricket of all, Christian.
Speaker 1: I'm quite happy just to move on a timber the hat to Steve Smith getting yet another century in this ashes, which is incredible. But yeah, up against time a bit today, no time for chit chat about the Fourth Test.
Speaker 7: Alrighty, okay, listen, I work up with a song as I always do. It's got me almost dancing across the kitchen floor to the coffee to make the coffee this morning. Yeah, it's almost almost. I'm not really a dancer anyway, tune. I'm going to leave that one alone, all right. It's an Australian band released in the seventies. And the clue for the title of the song is that Christian and Patsy did but Jack didn't. And the clue for the name of the band is if you think laterally, you could link the name of the band to dream works.
Speaker 1: So many clues, Wow, so many clues.
Speaker 7: Right, alrighty, So I'll leave that with you. And look, the lists are very sharp, so I've got to I've got to try and be a little bit, a little bit harder. I don't know whether I'm smart enough to be harder, but anyway, that's that's the one, okay.
Speaker 1: So listen, Bob, the weather's works in radio. We'll loveten do like a little recap here. So those clues once more, clue number one.
Speaker 7: Clue number one is the title of the song Christian and Patsy did but Jack didn't.
Speaker 1: Okay, Clue number two.
Speaker 7: You can link the name of the band if you think laterally to dream work.
Speaker 1: Every week you get better and better and better. You're aging like a fine wine.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you for saying so, mate that I'm sure I was wondering. Actually, just before you go on, have you been invited to sorry celebrity the chase? Or is your inability to count chickens being held against you?
Speaker 1: Bob's all over today. I'm getting everyone. I'm getting a NonStop hashtag. Bob burn I have been invited on and I said no because it was.
Speaker 4: Yes, no, come on for the show, the show.
Speaker 1: I've got post traumatic game show disorder after the four legged duck moment. No, I I declined. They're very generous offer, they were very excited, and they're very keen to have me on, but I've said no. But thank you very much for bringing up two painful memories this morning.
Speaker 7: Bob, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: Christian, thank you, Bob. All right, stay there, Bobby, Bob, give us a call now, then, what do you think the song is? Nine four? One o four three. Bob is on form today the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three found from last night's game. My favorite bit in the end.
Speaker 8: They sort it out with chips and nuts flying everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's so good. Time of today's show is chips and nuts flying everywhere. This is brilliant.
Speaker 8: In the end they sort it out with chips and nuts flying everywhere.
Speaker 1: What a sport? All right? Everybriday on the show, you're trying to guess the song that is arrowed deep into the head of listener Bob. Bob, welcome back, Thank you Christian. Now, Bob, what we've got to do here is there might have been people have just retuned in. Now they're just woken up hurt the show. You need to do a very tight, quicker recap of clue one and clue two. And this time, Bob, I'm not going to come in between clue one and clue two. I'm going to leave you to go from clue one straight into clue two yourself, because you can hand it now no problem.
Speaker 7: Clue number one, relating to this song title is Christian and Patsy did but Jack didn't. Number two, relating to the name of the band, is that you can link it to DreamWorks.
Speaker 1: Right, smoothly done, Well done, my friend. A right, let's take some guesses now, Alex, good morning, Good morning, Alex. Right, you've heard the clues from Bob. What do you think the song is.
Speaker 9: I think it's Smashed Mouth all Star.
Speaker 1: Well known Australian band from the seventies. What's the thinking there, Alex.
Speaker 9: Well, I've got no idea about clue one, but the second clue I'm linking it to shred.
Speaker 1: Oh, DreamWorks. That's a lot of very smart lateral thinking. Actually, that's there is good. There's good logic there, Bob. Is it the right answer?
Speaker 7: Is he suggesting that that you and Beatty have been smashed in the mouth?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I might have afraid now I'm afraid that the umpires called a no ball on that one.
Speaker 1: Oh right, Okay, it's swinging a miss. Okay, Alex, tough look, have a good weekend mate, Thanks for trying. Thanks all right, let's go to Matt. Good morning, Matt morning, how are you guys? We're good? Say hello to Bob, go Bob.
Speaker 9: Happy Friday tale, Thanks Matte.
Speaker 7: It's going to be a good Friday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, let's hope. So alrighty, I reckon, I've got Skyhooks and I'm living in the seventies and he's caught behind.
Speaker 7: Well done, It's very good.
Speaker 1: He's digging it into me again, isn't it. Yeah, well done, Matt. That is the song. Take us through the clues, then, Bob.
Speaker 7: Okay, the clues were Patty and Christian did but Jack didn't. And you can link at the dream Works.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, got we got those. The answers explain the thinking behind the clues.
Speaker 7: Ah, okay, well both sorry, sorry, both you and Pats lived through the seventies, as in living in the seventies, Jack didn't. And Skyhooks. If you look at the dream Work logo, it's a boy fishing from the moon.
Speaker 4: That is some very lateral thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, well, blame me, I think.
Speaker 7: Well I had Well, it wasn't as bad as all that. I mean, the gentleman got it straight away. Ask him which which clue got it for him?
Speaker 1: Okay, I will there, Bob, Matt, what was the clue that got you? The answer?
Speaker 9: Well, it was clue number one. Because he gives Jack a pretty hard time about his being a generation wine, not being able to drive a manual and whatnot. So that was the one that gave it away. And sky hooks. I must admit I was going on a totally different track, being so early on a Friday morning's not really kicked into gear yet, But I was actually thinking of pixel movie up and lifting the house with the balloon.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, Bob, you sent us all down various wrong paths.
Speaker 7: Well yeah, I didn't think of either of those two either, But anyway, well done, thanks for listening to me again and you all have a great week.
Speaker 1: We will, Matt, well done. You have a good weekend, Bob, same time next.
Speaker 7: Friday, please do thank you, thank grade bye.
Speaker 2: Please do the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: On today's show, there more chansked you to win the last bad tickets this week to go and see Elton John Live. You get the VIP backstage tour and then you get to go on to the stage and get your photo taken at his piano. All right, we've got some great emails now.
Speaker 10: Yesterday we heard from a fantastic sixteen year old called Caitlin and her and her dad.
Speaker 1: They went to see her first gig, that was Fleetwood Mac on Wednesday night, and she was calling in saying that how amazing she thought it was, how cool Steven Nicks was and this was her first gig. She's been spoiled been I get to see Fleetwood Mac as your first gig. So we were talking about our first gig memories. Mine was in Excess when I was sixteen.
Speaker 4: Yours was Area seven punk band from Melbourne. Still remember that going out to the Alpham roller Rink. And did you see that email we got yesterday that said about Elthon Roller Ring, Yeah, about Altham Roller Ring that described all the kids that went there as like as Jack must have been one of those likes Off and Patsy's.
Speaker 5: Yours was Jimmy Barnes at Rock Alonga.
Speaker 1: All right, well, I've had a load of emails. Some people who were listening to yesterday show couldn't call in some great stories. Christian I was eleven years old. First concert I went to was Kiss at VFL Park. I cried for three months until my dad brought me a ticket so we could go together. After the concept, my dad cried for three months because of how long it took the ring in his ears to subside. It was the best and loudest concept I've ever been to. That's from Mark. Thanks a lot for that, Christian. When I was ten, my dad got some tickets to ac DC at the Palais in Geelong where he worked, and my brother and I went along with our two older sisters who are about fourteen at the time. Just before ac DC came out, a bouncer came up to us, picked up my brother and I and put sut a side of the stage where we could watch the rest of the concert.
Speaker 4: To keep him safe.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nowadays there would just be like health and safety. How old are you? You can't sit there, can't stand there? How cool is that? What a great bouncer, angus. Young Christian had a dedicated rody who would tie his shoelaces whenever they came undone, which is quite often. I love the fact you still remember that bit of detail. That's great. Of course you would have seen that from the side of the stage. When the concert was over, my brother and I gave out the EMPTVB cans as mementos to all the girls there. Good times. That's some jack Jackie, thank you very much. Christian. I also saw in Excess as my first gig, and my experience is probably a bit different from yours. I saw them at the Waltzing Matilda Hotel in Springville when I was eighteen. They played in the bistro area. They broke it, yes, in the bistro area. The area at the front was cleared out, but the tables and chairs were stood at the back. We started out standing on the chairs so we could see, and toward the end we were standing on the tables. The only real memory I've got from the show is being punched in the leg by a bouncer. I told to get off the table someone was eating on it. Don't think I haven't went back there from Man after that, Christian, that's from Ken in Bitton, Christian, I wanted to share my first gig guy ever went to When I was fifteen. It was the late nineties. My late father took me to see Billy Joel and Elton John. They toured together, a tour was called the Piano Men. Vaguely remember this. I had no idea what he was taking me to. He told me a few weeks before they've got tickets for a spot. I've never been to a concert before, so I didn't know what was coming. It was at the Gabba in Brisbane. I never forget the moment the opening notes of a Piano Man started. A few songs in thirty one thousand people in a venue went dead silent as the raw notes of the piano played through us. All as the first lyrics were sung, every single person in the venue sung along. It was incredible. Never seen anything like it. I've also never heard Piano Man done as a duet, but Elton and Billy now that I would have loved to see that. Massive fan of both. I've never seen Billy Joel life. Imagine those two together.
Speaker 4: Who do you think headlines? Who who closes the night? Or do you think they take it in turns night after night?
Speaker 1: Well, I think if they're going to do Piano Man together, that's Billy Joel's song, so you've got to let him close it with that. I'd never been to a concert since. It even came close to it. Earlier this year, when we heard Elton John was doing his tour, my husband and I booked tickets for ourself and our step kids were super excited to share the magic of Elton John with them for their first concert as well as well as sharing the experience and through different generations for us kind regards. Jen also emails, if you listen to this and you've got a great story about the first gig or concert you ever went to see, let us know four three the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one four point.
Speaker 1: Three said you remember the first gig you ever went to? Nine four one four three? Mark?
Speaker 12: Good morning, Good morning Christian, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good mates Friday. I hope you've had a great week as well. Mark, take us there. Then, what was the first gig you saw?
Speaker 12: Well, it wasn't actually the first gig, but I was back in the ninety's there my sister ring me up one morning and said, Mark, would you love to come to the U two concert? And I said I would love to be b King Love comes to Town tour. I followed it up and the ended up going to the concert and working backstage fitting out the green room. I actually had a photo of who.
Speaker 1: Goes to the gig and then they go, hey, listen you what I mean? Well on stage of saying no coming out, move some plant pots in the green room.
Speaker 12: Well, what it was is. My sister was working for a higher company. I bought tickets for the Knife and she ended up saying, look forget about going to the concert, come and work for me. So I went and helped fit out the green room. Once I was there, I turned up to the concert about what was it at thirty nine o'clock in the morning, started working out the back. Next thing, BB King and his band comes through. They're playing pool at the back. I'm talking to BB King, fantasticon Sorry, Larry and Adam start playing pool. Larry turns to me and says, would you like to play the winner?
Speaker 13: That had been great?
Speaker 1: This is a great story.
Speaker 12: I'm keeping as cool ass. I'm trying to look like you know.
Speaker 1: Not with BB King and most of you too.
Speaker 12: Well half the man at least, and Paul McGinnis, the manager, he was sitting there. I ended up chatting to BB King and I think one of his sax players or whatever. And my sister comes back and he says, come on, Mark, you've got to come and do some work. So I started working. By about three point thirty in the afternoon, Limo pulls up out the back of the green At the back of the tennis center. Bone gets out, walks up to me and says, oh, would you know where I can get your mineral water. I didn't know what to say. I'm looking at my idol and we get out and get out of the Phoe come on, didn't say a thing. I said, sorry, I'm just new here. I love to help you, but I can't go to get back to work. So we walked down off into the distance and there it was. But at least spoke to BB King and Bono and Larry and Paul McGinnis. That made my d my wife.
Speaker 1: It's an incredible story, an incredible day. You took us through there our right hour. The thought there's I'm still very up set the bond. I didn't know where to go for that mineral water in the end of the hydrated. That's amazing, man, and you're lucky to have had that story and those precious memories playing Paul with BB King and you too.
Speaker 12: Oh, I didn't actually play the pool, didn't get to play the pool, but just watching them being in the room.
Speaker 1: That was hard to make a suggestion. Tell people that you did. It's a far better story. Okay, you're too honest. Sometimes you know just add a little bit of here and there. It doesn't matter, Okay. I would be saying that you played Paul with BB King, you beat him, then he went on to take on you two and you tour through Adam, Larry and the Edge. Okay, it's a better story now.
Speaker 12: All right, Well I will, I'll do that. But let me say, can I apologize for standing you up on that World Cup soccer match?
Speaker 1: Is it you? Mark? And please don't remember. I do remember. We had everything planned whole hour of the first show and then you never turned up. Well it's just me and Jack watching the game.
Speaker 12: Oh mate, I'm sorry ever so much for letting you down.
Speaker 1: No, don't Mark, Mark, don't they let anyone down. It was it was absolutely fine. Well I guess you're playing Paul with some of the big band that were in town. All right, listen, we're running late, Mark, We've got to go now. But that's a great story. Thank you very much for I have a good weekend.
Speaker 12: To talk to you again.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Mark.
Speaker 2: For Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So today's show half seven this morning, that's your last chance this week for now to win these vip Elton John tickets, you go backstage, you go on the VIP tour, and the really amazing thing is one of these money come't buy price is you get to sit at Elton John's piano and have your photo taken. So it's an amazing price. We're doing it again. More Opera Singer this morning at seven point thirty. Before that, though, it is for I know Jack, you're obviously upset the bombers crashed out last night. However, every Friday on the show, we'll try and kickstart your weekend by asking the simple question, most important question on a Friday, what time are you knocking off? That's what time are you knocking off today?
Speaker 6: I think I will today. It's been a big, big wake and we've got ballet photos tonight, so probably about midday I reckon.
Speaker 1: And I can't wait see those photos. So it's Hugh and Chris wherever you love God in t Tues. Yeah, it's with your daughter. It's just some role play the Friday.
Speaker 4: You would I imagine you guys have some of those family photos of that. No, but you know the nice ones that you take at the proper photography store.
Speaker 1: The ones that they say, take your shoes off and just you know, act cash.
Speaker 5: And everyone we're white.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, we did that. And what they do is they say, there's no charge you come into the studio. Right, we did it, and they says no charge to photos, and we're doing a great deal for the photos. They take these amazing photos, and then you go, what's this hit? They give you a bill that you could buy a car with best photos ever. You look amazing in them, but you look at the bill and then you go, maybe so if your relatives would like of course your grandparents want great photos, they have to pay it out so much that money. I bet you have you done that the proper studio family photos?
Speaker 5: Of course they we've all been sucked the.
Speaker 1: Thing years ago, in the nineties when you used to go around your mate's house and sometimes you'd see those mock sort of antique pictures where they've gone to a photo studio. I've had them done, dress up like the family, dressed up like miserable looking prospectives.
Speaker 5: You can get that done at Sovereign Hill.
Speaker 6: Chris and Audrey refused to do that when we went for the Winter wonder Lifer.
Speaker 1: I want to be doing that with my parents refusal. You had to do it just dressed up as of that photo they gave you.
Speaker 4: That's the way you said Chris and Audrey refuse to do it makes it sound like you got it on your own. I didn't get an old olden day pistol.
Speaker 5: Really wanted to get one done as a can cane girl.
Speaker 1: Be honest, have you got an olden day pistol out there on some sort of stoop and a porch that you said year Jack got? Tell me you knocking off today?
Speaker 4: Late today? Actually I'm filming video clip number two for the band after the show today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Patty, I got some great news yesterday from chat yesterday. I know the name of the band are the name of the first single say nothing, but when the world hears this, the world will change next week. Amazing name of the band, although I think that there's a slight changing word I'm begging him to do that will make it even bigger the band. But the first single, I can't wait. So you promising I can play next Friday.
Speaker 4: That's right, But the band name and artwork gets released Monday. You can have the world exclusive on that if you want it on the show. I'd love that fan and then you can have the first play of the song if the music team is happy. I don't know if they'll be happy yesterday.
Speaker 1: Don't tell them we're gonna play it. We just play it. It in easy to say sorry afterwards. Jason, the former King of Brisbane Radio is out there right now? Is Jack who will come stamping down on this show if he knows we're going to do anything like that unsigned music of Gold on a four point three? All right? Ever, now, what time are you knocking off today? What time are you finishing for the weekend? Give me cool and just tell us what time you're knocking off nine four one four one oh four three. It's knock off Friday. What time you're knocking off today? Nine four one for one oh four three.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Yesterday evening we had parents evening. You know, you go to school and sit down like speed date.
Speaker 4: A lot of those at the Hoidy Tody School today we had maybe one every two years.
Speaker 1: Yeah at the school I went to, they never did it in the but no, yeah, we had to go yesterday evening. You know what it's like Patsy's kids, right, you know, because they have different classrooms.
Speaker 5: And you can never find your way around.
Speaker 1: That's what you've got. Other parents and even a couple of teachers didn't know that. Will and LB two point seventy years is it is? She here? We're running late? Oh we're early. Can we just dive in here? There's always some parent there. He spends like half an hour about their overachieving kid. Yeah, they wait them at one getting into their Japanese. Always stop behind that person you see from the mum, you know, here we go. Yeah. So anyway, the first one is that he sits down and I can't name what she teaches my daughter for because you never know who's listening these days. She sits down and she hands me two earrings. Straight away I recognize them, and the anger starts to rise up, because you may remember I let my daughter get her ear is pissed and sitter, but you can't wear them to school and you're not meant to wear them at school how And the teacher goes just straight away with even saying anything about my youngest daughter. Lows has me two earrings that I recognize. The anger starts to drop rise up like this, Ah, she goes. Sometimes your daughter likes to push it. Just hands me.
Speaker 5: She can't be like the old man at all.
Speaker 1: No, so I pocketed them. Haven't said anything to Loas about this because she was doing really well. I thought I'll leave that. However, as a surprise to night ride, I'm in charge of kids all this weekend. My wife's father has turned up in Australia Wednesday and my wife and him they're going on a road trip today for the weekend. Great ocean road, terrible weather inside that car all out, So what a shame. So I'm in charge this weekend. I can't wait. What I'm going to do? Right, I'm going to order rubreats and then just casually as i'm unpacking the food, I'm going to drop the two litle hearings there in a food, not in the food on the food. Tough love? Do you do out there? Yeah? That's right? Choke choke because of the lies? All right? Anyway? Where was I? Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This all right? Knock off Friday? What time are you knocking off today? To start the weekend on a Friday? That's the best feeling, isn't it? When you leave work, you're downsurs walk out the door, the weekend begins. Freedom nine four one one oh four three Today for me, neither of you ask what to answer film? Do you do anything nice? It never comes back to me. I never get it paid back. It's the ballads of the front Man. And now I meet jagger Field sometimes.
Speaker 4: What time are knocking off today?
Speaker 1: Just in case you're listeninger is too wondering these two dope. But I'm going to actually it's going to be twelve o'clock. I'm booked in to have and hour and a half reiki treatment to get the chakras balanced.
Speaker 5: Fabulous.
Speaker 4: I don't know about reiki. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I love it. I need to care what you think about it?
Speaker 5: Are you going to get that?
Speaker 1: Jacks one of those people that has to tell you what he thinks about So I said, I've just cured cancer. Yeah, I don't know. You know, have you really all of them?
Speaker 5: I want to know if you're getting that special spot done this time?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, the Neil that was acupunction. Why are you there? And thank you very much? I've been earth since that happened. All right, let's find out what time people are knocking off Todaynmi, Good morning, Ni, good morning. What time are knocking off today? Mate?
Speaker 14: I'm knocking off right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've done what You've been working overnight?
Speaker 7: Yeah, not just last night.
Speaker 9: I'm an operating theater technician.
Speaker 1: Oh well, good on you. That's an important job to do, hard work, right, You've got to get it all ready for the day's surgeries.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 14: We do surgeries overnight too, do you Yeah? Usually babies.
Speaker 1: Oh thankful, yeah, oh wow, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I'm going home to bed sleep, yeah, and what tell me to wake up part of this afternoon?
Speaker 9: Time to watch the footy tonight?
Speaker 1: Yes? Who are you a fan of your Pies fan?
Speaker 14: No, I'm actually a Richmond fan. But I'll be watching the final.
Speaker 1: Big game tonight, isn't It's going to be a huge nineteen thousand. All right, I'm enjoy the game tonight and fantasy coding and have a good weekend. Thank you too, all right, take care mate, Stuart, good morning, he Hello, Hello.
Speaker 12: I'm finishing at three thirty today.
Speaker 1: Awesome, lucky man. And what what are you going to do once you get out of work at three thirties?
Speaker 9: I'm going to head home meet up with my cousins, play some video games and.
Speaker 1: Go to bed. Yeah, and do you watch the footy last night?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 9: I did disappointing loss for the Bombers.
Speaker 1: Bombers fan, yes I am. Yeah, Jack's feeling the loss today. It's a shame, Yeah it is.
Speaker 4: What do you say? Oh, we had a good run, So we did have a good run. It's good fun. It's all good fun.
Speaker 1: You sound like English people. Take part, all right. Sure, have a good weekend, mate, take care, enjoy it. Bye, thanks mate, Leanne. Hello, Hello, Leanne, good morning, welcome to the show. Oh, thank you, and Leanne. What's time you knocking off today?
Speaker 6: Oh I've already knocked off because I haven't even started and I'm not going to.
Speaker 9: Oh it's my birthday, so I've got the day.
Speaker 1: Off now, Leanne. Telling this on my expensive high tech phone system. Here it says your name, Leanne, and then in brackets she's eight? Are you eight years old?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 14: I'd love to be, but no, I'm a little bit older than that.
Speaker 1: Since you came when I was thinking, she is a very very mature sounding eight year old knocking off early?
Speaker 4: Well's your birthday today?
Speaker 1: Maybe the big night? All right? Leanne, have a lovely weekend, lovely thank you all right, take it, bye bye.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: So every single day I come in here and I'm blessed to do this job and we love doing the show. We love how much people are sort of coming on board, and you know, we make the show with you guys. However, i'd like to think that over the last couple of months and since we start the show, we're trying to build something a bit different here that we laugh together and sometimes we cry together as well. Today everyone who works on the show who's got a really heavy heart because brad Our producer isn't on the show today and he had to do a thing I've had to do before. And I bet there's a lot of you who've been where he is today. He had that awful day where you've got to take your beloved pet, your dog, and the vet says it's time to say goodbye. It's time to let them go to go to a better kind of place. And Harvey, who him and his wife Irene had had shared their lives for sixteen years. Harvey named if you're killed a fan. If you're a Saints fan, you'll know named after that's right, the legend two time Brownlow winner Robert Harvey sixteen years And we call dogs animals, but they're not animals when you look at what we're doing in the world now, we're the animals. The dogs are the wise, beautiful ones. And the reason why our hearts really do it's devastating when you lose a dog is because of so much love they give you. They give you this pure, unconditional love. There's no strings attached, there's nothing there. It's just one hundred percent. You look into those deep, soulful eyes and they just give you love. And when you first meet your dog, your puppy, they break your heart wide open when they leave you. That's why it's so heartbreaking. We're lucky to share our lives with these beautiful, loving animals. So we've got heavy ache in our hearts today. And I know a lot of you have probably been through this and you'll feel what Producer brand is WiFi a Weena going through today as well. And I remember once walking through this graveyard and I saw when I looked down, I just saw a little tiny gravestone and I saw a photo of a dog and had this little beautiful thing by a message that someone had left, probably for their beloved dog, and it bent down to read it and it said this, dogs leave poor prints in our hearts. And I think I can't think of a better way to sum it all up. And when I was thinking about I was crying yesterday when I heard about it, and I thought, what can I do for Brad Because if it was here, he'd be hugging me right now. He's got this big, beautiful heart. Why do we love these animals so much? What is it they give us? And it all comes down to this. So this is the only song I can really think of that sums up how we're feeling today. And I bet that some of you feeling it too, might remind you when you've had to say goodbye to a dog. So Brad Irene, this is for you, guys and Harvey.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three Beatles already need is love. Thank you very much. All the measures that come in for people who've been where brad AND's WiFi Irene are. It is heartbreaking And we grew up with cats. It wasn't ntil I was an adult. I was finally allowed to get a dog. And a reason why we got a German Shepherd dog is we lost our dog about Digby died about four years ago, and a couple weeks after that, I decided to go and get a puppy. And I'd always wanted a German Shepherd dog and it really helped, actually helps the healing and trying to move forward. But man alive I had to do at Bradstone. We had to go levet and we'd had him for thirteen years. You both got dogs, you'd get it are They are part of your life, they're part of your heart. And I went to the vets and he was kind enough to open up. Normally vets a shut this Sturday morning. But this vet knew me because we've been in there a lot over the years, and alsous, if you've been in lots of vets, it means you know, I pay for that Mercedes out the front and the speedboat he'd be going to at the weekend. So he opened up the vets right and nothing coul prepare me for what it's like. It was horrific. However, this is word for word will also happen. So he said, I just I'm just going to warn you now it's going to be pretty sad, and it's going to be you know. And I said, is there any way afterwards I could just get some of his hair because my daughters will want some. They want some of his fur and his collar. He goes yes, of course. So the digbee is now just moves him to a side room. Right, He's on a blanket on the floor, and so I'm bending down. The vet is stood next to me, right, and he's obviously I'm aware that really he's not emotionally involved. It's not his dog. He does this day and down. He can't be if he's crying and I'm crying, it's just gonna be horrific. So he's there, very silent, and I see him look at his watch as well. So straight away I'm a little bit annoyed because obviously this is Saturday morning. He wants to go and play again on that speedboat that I bought. So I'm only get any sake. So I bend down and I'm shaken now, trying not to lose and cry in front of the sayd the guy, because that's what men are like is You're trying to eat the tears and push it down, and then later on a few years time, I have a heart attack because of it. So I'm eating all the tears and I'm shaking with the effort of not crying, right, and I'm trying to slowly under his collar. It won't come off because you know, it's like the herold and they're like rusted in and as well, it's been on in for you. It's got his little name on there, my phone number, and it's all just too much. It's just overwhelming. And then suddenly I'm about to lose it and there's a hand of the vet is on my shoulder. I think, oh God, how nice is that he gets He gets where I am, and he goes, my wife is a is a big fan of your.
Speaker 5: D You're shaking. Is that what he's said in that min.
Speaker 1: I swear my life this is what he said, right? And he goes on my shoulder. I'm shaking right, trying to get the collar off, eat the tears. He goes, my wife is a massive fan. I don't listen to myself in the one my wife is a massive fan of your radio show. If there was any way you can shout or say hello to our very the worst moment to ask a guy for a shout out on his radio show as he's saying goodbye to his dead dog of thirteen years.
Speaker 2: Through voting the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, all right, you're Elton John tickets John John John heldun John following all the sellout shows on John added final Australian shows Amy Park and Day on the Green at Mount dunneda state. You can buy those through ticketech. Why they still have tickets every day This week we're giving you VIP tickets Platinum tickets to go and see Elton John live. When he's here. You get to go on a VIP backstage tall and you had to go and sit at his piano on the huge stage, get your photo taken. So this week we were trying to do a thing where we're going to give you a Elton John song in a different musical style. Week I started off with some I don't know what that was. Probably got the heavy metal, death metal, death metal, yeah, which is goes down well, we've seen the focus groups. That's what we want more of death metal on Gold one O four point three. Then Jack did some country and Western for us, and then we were trying to find an opera singer see if we get an operatic version of an Elton song. We were blessed. We met a guy called Carlos, who do we know that one of our listeners was Elizabeth who runs and it would be Elizabeth who runs the VIC Opera. And she brought this guy in called Carlos, who is a tenor yep with the VIC Opera. And he did a couple of songs this week. First of all, Seef, you can recognize the Elton John song and Italian. Then we had I'm still Standing in Yellow Brick Roads.
Speaker 11: Woo Fondandoless waven Weeda songaw.
Speaker 1: Rocketman very know his views hell. And then we also met another opera singer, Christian listens to the Show's a classically trained opera singer. So what we're gonna do is Carlos and Christian are going to sing a duet together. Now, what is the Elton John song? Soon as you recognize it nine four one four one O four three, here we go.
Speaker 11: Ooh.
Speaker 1: Nobody. When I was down, I was your clown oh no, Bady knows it. Right from the star, I gave you on my heart. I gave you on my heart, man, and I here those high notes. It's so beyond high? Is it all right? What do you think? The Elton John song song is Line's open now nine four one o four three The.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Elton John tickets All this week Helton John, Elton John, helt John, Helton John. So this week I've been giving away these Elton John tickets. V I bet tickets. Go and see a backstage tour before the show, go on stage, get your photo taken at Elton John's piano. How amazing is that today they're not one, but two opera singers. Carlos meet Christian, Christian meet Carlos singing for your pleasure? But what is the Elton John song? Nobody LOLd?
Speaker 2: Is it? My ear is?
Speaker 1: And I haven't earn a lot of opera. They sound like two ghost opera singers, like an opera a porter guyst.
Speaker 11: Nobody loded When I was down, I was your clown, no bloody no.
Speaker 4: Right from the start, I go you on my heart.
Speaker 1: I gave you on my heart? How does he do that? Eleven minutes past day? All right, let's go to the lines right now. Marcus coome morning morning, Kristen.
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty good. So you're trying to win these Elton John tickets?
Speaker 12: Trying?
Speaker 9: Yes, very a chance.
Speaker 1: Man. All right, well done on getting through, Marcus. And what do you think the Elton John song is?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was a little bit hard, and I'm thinking I'm still standing and I'm just only because of the clown reference in it.
Speaker 9: And I was watching the rock at the other night, so I'm hoping so I can take my beautiful fiance.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I wish it was you. I wish it was you because I'd love you and you your beautiful fiance to go and see this. But it's not the right answer. We did that one about two shows ago.
Speaker 12: No lawries, Chris, I really appreciate.
Speaker 1: Listen now, listen now, listen. You obviously just got engaged. Hey listen, I don't worry. You don't go way mted. You've just got engaged. Yeah, you've just got engaged. So I'm going to send you something. The man who's just got engaged needs to look after himself and look good for that wedding. I'm going to send you one of my Scusae shoehorns. So I'm going to send you a breakfast show shoehorn. Okay, in a month for that special lady as well.
Speaker 12: Oh man, I'll look forward to wearing that on the special day.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Yeah, get into those beautiful shoes of yours. Okay, all right, Marcus, have a nice weekend. Tough luck.
Speaker 9: Thanks Christians.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you.
Speaker 4: You don't actually wear the shoehorn, Marcus. You just using the shoe.
Speaker 5: He might be limping down the aisle, say that.
Speaker 1: You wears shoe all right, here we got here. Ebony, Oh my god, hour, good morning, this is already good one. No one of the producers chose this ebony, right, okay.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 9: Why?
Speaker 1: Why am I saying?
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 1: Yes? What's the song?
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Okay, the songs don't go break in my heart?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: Sorry, wrong, No, it's not it's not. Thanks, I'll send you a shoehorning.
Speaker 11: Do that.
Speaker 4: It's Crocodile rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah that listen. Thanks for chrying. You're so close. I bet you would have loved these VIP tickets as well. But it's not to be. Your life will not be the same after this call, and we don't have a time for another call. Just get into some people out in the streets now. So, Ebony, you are not a winner, Ebony, You are a winner, Ebony, You won, Yes you are. This is a non ghost version, Ebony, Ebony, what's happening to me?
Speaker 13: Ebony, I'll be trying a week.
Speaker 14: Oh god, I got cut out before.
Speaker 6: I didn't think it was.
Speaker 1: You came back. You came back stronger as well. Ebony, Ebny, what's going on?
Speaker 4: You shouldn't have teased and told.
Speaker 1: You're a man.
Speaker 11: I'm so overwel I'm just so overwhelm.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's all right. Listen, you've got these Elton John tickets and you go on the backstage tour. You're can have gone stage and you're gonna go and sit the piano and your photo taking it on John's piano. Well, glad you got through the end world, Ebony. Who you're gonna take with you? Mate?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I might take my mom, I might take my best friend.
Speaker 9: That's gonna be a bit of a it's gonna.
Speaker 7: Be a bit of a competition.
Speaker 1: I think, can we run it on the show. I'm serious, don't go for it. Let's do it. Then when win your way to everything, we win, Ebony, you know that that's a different competition, al right, Ebony you okay, yes, yes, yes, all right. Jack is gonna apologize now for you know, trying to trick you like that catching catches, like going, hey, stop doing this, you know. So I'm really sorry. But yeah, you won the Elton John tickets. Well done, mate, I have a great weekend. Nice to talk to you two.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, thank you.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Yesterday on the show, we counted down, obviously to the first finals game, the elimination game last night for the Bombers. Jack was excited. Jack was nervous. Jack was worried about staying up late. And there was all back and forth and between listener Grant, a West Coast Eagles fan now resigning in Melbourne. I was giving you some stick and you having a back and forth. I get this email from him. Came in yesterday evening at ten fifty eight pm. Jack, okay, as that right, there are two minutes remaining on the game. Brackets yes, Jack, I'm still awake. Are you any brackets? You weren't? I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I went to bed at three quarter a time.
Speaker 1: And the Mike Eagles have altimately realized my prediction. On warning to Jack, the look on Wusher's face says it all. I will so enjoy belting out the Eagles song at the end of the game. Commiserations on the lost Jack. My wife, who's a big bombs fan we found out yes week, hopes they can improve on this year's performance. Now it's on Clapis or the pussy Cats next week. Enjoying Mad Friday, Jack, perhaps tweet the album over the week or the best for the album's release West Coast for the Premierees twenty nineteen, regards Grant.
Speaker 4: You got some nerve on your Grant, especially wasting the last two minutes of victory to send an email.
Speaker 1: Also he sent me another one and saying, christ I'm just realized that Bombers fans have never ever been able to celebrate the finals win on Twitter or Facebook.
Speaker 2: All right, grahat the Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Friday Morning, the show with you this She called it beat the Boss. Here's the deal. You take your boss on in a quiz. If you beat your boss, your weekend begins right there, and then your down tools you walk out the door. However, if the boss beats you, they win bragging rights and they get twenty seconds of free airtime to plug the business. Welcome to today. He's beat the boss, Beat on the boss, Beat on the boss, beat on the buss again, all.
Speaker 11: Day of oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Apologies to the own family and estates. All right, let's meet the two contestants today who This is a husband and wife business and a husband and wife team. This could be really awkward. I mean, this could be a real can of worms. Let's go to Andrew first of all, Good morning Andrew.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Christian. Here are you this morning?
Speaker 1: I'm good. So your company is called Lumberjack, and you guys restore and recycle furniture.
Speaker 13: We certainly do, Christian.
Speaker 1: And how many years have been working with your wife? Andrew?
Speaker 13: Well, we only started the business twelve months ago. We'll been over twelve months ago, but we've been married for thirty three years and we're not a bad team.
Speaker 1: How's it worth working with your wife?
Speaker 13: It's fantastic. We alternate between who's going to be the boss each day so we're not run in or I didn't kill her that the winner gets the day off.
Speaker 1: He's the boss today, right, she's the boss to day today, so you're the employee.
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to Jenny. Now, who today is the boss? Jenny, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 13: Good morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: I'm good? So how do you feel about this quiz against your husband? Oh?
Speaker 13: Yes, she's going to lose big time?
Speaker 1: So have you got weekend plans? Already? That care you can go straight to if you get the day after.
Speaker 9: Day, I've got a whole week plan.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, So up first, then, Andrew, it's going to be you. You are the employee. So here are your three questions and you are you ready?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 13: I'm really Christian?
Speaker 1: Okay? Question number one, Springfield is the fictitious town in which TV show Springfield get in. There's no messing with this guy. All right, great.
Speaker 13: Start, I'm gonna win.
Speaker 1: Christian good Man, positive thinking? What color are the barbecue shapes? What color is the box for barbecue shapes? The delicious barbecue shapes? Well, what color is the box.
Speaker 13: It's green, Christian.
Speaker 1: One of our strongest starts we've ever had. It's got white line fever. Last question, I'll go this time.
Speaker 13: I'm going to pay for it, all right.
Speaker 1: Last question. You're two out of two so far, Andrew, you're doing well. Which animal is on the face of a fifty dollars note?
Speaker 13: Oh Sam, you.
Speaker 1: Sorry, mate, it's not the right answer. It's a it's a black swan apparently. Yeah, I thought I thought that a few seconds there. You were trying to reach down into your wallet and put out a few ones and quick case Christian, right the cash right, Okay, so.
Speaker 13: I'm not the account.
Speaker 1: All right, Well you did very well. You've got two out of three.
Speaker 13: With nervous No.
Speaker 1: No, that's good. So Jenny stay there when we come back. Denni's you. You've got to match two out of three, but if you get anything less than that then you are loser. And Andrew begins this weekend.
Speaker 2: Stay there, guys for Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three Part two.
Speaker 4: Beat All the Boss, Beat All the Buss, Beat All the Bus.
Speaker 1: Again, all day Oh yeah, oh yeah, all right. Apologies to the Ramona State and family tumpa pee two Now, so we got a husband and wife business playing today. Jenny is up next. She is the boss Andrew the employee. Her husband just got two out of three, which is a great strong start. So Jenny has to get two to go into the time break. She gets three, and obviously she wins. All right, let's se how Jenny's gonna get on. Jenny, you're ready to play, I'm ready to win a ready for dale. All right, let's do it. All right, here's your first question, Jenny. Okay, in what year did Prince release When Doves Cry?
Speaker 13: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Do you have a guess?
Speaker 14: Nineteen eighty two?
Speaker 1: Hi, only two years out? Nineteen eighty four is when Prince released When Doves Cry. You've got to get the next two right or your husband, your employee wins the day off right now?
Speaker 13: Okay, okay, make it easy.
Speaker 1: Drovers Run is the name of the fictional property in which Ossie drama series Drovers Run.
Speaker 12: McLeod's daughters.
Speaker 1: Well saved, well done. Okay, gotta get this one right, or when's the day off?
Speaker 14: One more? One more?
Speaker 1: You're a footy fan.
Speaker 11: And no.
Speaker 1: Won the two thousand and nine Grand Final. Who won the two thousand and nine Grand Final Essendon. They wish, make your wish, oh deer de dear Andrew Andrew.
Speaker 7: I'm here, I'm here, and you got one out of three.
Speaker 1: It means you're the winner. You beat the boss, your wife. That means you get to go home right now. The day is over.
Speaker 13: Oh it's been fantastic. I love it.
Speaker 1: So off you go leave love with Jack, the business you run with your wife. You can now walk out the dawn begin your weekend. What are you going to go and do?
Speaker 13: Mate, Mate, I'll make sure leaving this, I'm going out and come on workshop and I'm going to build a book nook for she creamed with my one.
Speaker 1: Ah. That's very kind of you. What a lovely thing to do. Well you enjoy your early starts, your weekend and you're well played, Thanks very much, Christian, all right, take care tough lut Jenny.
Speaker 12: Oh you thanks, you're.
Speaker 1: Blimey or old Andrews in a weekend in a dog house with Jenny all right, Thanks Jenny Clare terrifying. Not Patsy could be grumpy.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: King Cole versus Godzilla the Terminator versus Sarah Connor, Darth Vader versus Luke Skywalker.
Speaker 1: All epid battles, but not.
Speaker 3: As big as Christian O'Connell versus the Music Department versus you.
Speaker 1: This is the missing leak. All right, welcome to the Missing Link. We do this every month on a Friday. It's you versus us versus the head of music here Jason Staveley, otherwise known as the former King of Brisbane Radio. Good morning, Good morning. By the way, can I just say something if you've got a new after shave? Oh yes, notice it as soon as you came in this morning. It is very nice. Follow up question, thank you?
Speaker 13: What is it?
Speaker 1: Because it's really nice. It's called Icon by Dunhill somebody I thought it was. It's very nice. Did you get it off to that? It's it's got high notes of citrus.
Speaker 6: I can smell it's it's good. He's showering at the sarning Jason, And for.
Speaker 1: Someone who used to work in Brisbane, it's a good idea to get some clean smells on you. All right, So how this works then, Jason and I a head of music here former King of Brisbane Radio icon wearing after Shape ambassador. He has got six songs that I'm going to play right now. I don't know all the six songs in advance. I get to hear them. When you get to hear them, We've got to work out what the connection is. Jack, I and Pats are trying to work out the connection before you. So as soon as you recognize what the connection between the songs is as quickly as possible, texting your guesses, or you can give us a call. Nine four one four one four three. How hard is it, Jack, to be fair? Four weeks ago?
Speaker 4: You got this one or any So the.
Speaker 15: Breakfast show has one point, the music team has one point, and the listeners, understandably the mass brain of Malbourne listeners three points.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they're running away with it. I need a win here, you do. If I don't win, I'm going to drop the feature. That seriously, is how pathetic I am to be fair? You did say that to me about three weeks. I'm losing interest because I'm losing I need a win here. Okay, al right, so can you give me any ghosts? All of the.
Speaker 15: Songs share a common thing again, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So am I really kicking off? Is that right now? I'm just seeing what I'm dropping it? Rot's dropped in Jackson Brown Running on Empty? What a brilliant song? Have you ever heard much Jackson Brown stuff?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I can't picture jack You would love his stuff. His first two or three albums are amazing stuff. This is a great song ever. Listen to this all right? His song number one, Running on Empty by the great Jackson Brown scolled one oh four point three, brand new song coming up after this. You've got to work out what the connection is. It's the missing Link.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: That's your second song Mustang Sally Commitment song number one Jackson Brown Running on Empty? How great that that sound? This morning? It's Gold one I four point three. We're doing the missing Link, six songs all with the connection. We're trying to work out what the connection is. You are as well, Jason are a head of music. Here sets this every month. I reckon, I've got it?
Speaker 4: Are you going to sit on it? Are you going to say it?
Speaker 1: I'm waiting for the former King of Brisbane Radio to remind himself how headphones work.
Speaker 4: Carry on?
Speaker 11: Is it all?
Speaker 1: Are all the songs to do with cars? Mustang Sally, a car, Jackson Brown, running on empty?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: I like that, good theory.
Speaker 11: You'll have to keep listening.
Speaker 15: We can't sure know, we can't give it away this early in the piece.
Speaker 1: Ever, one keep going, keep going on. All right, let's take some guesses as well, see whatever what else is thinking. We've got a lot of people calling in. Leon, good morning, good.
Speaker 12: Morning, Christian.
Speaker 1: Leon. What do you think it is?
Speaker 12: Film titles?
Speaker 13: A bit cars?
Speaker 4: Good theory?
Speaker 1: M M yeah, okay, Leon, we're about that one in mind?
Speaker 11: Is it that?
Speaker 1: It's a good guess? Excuse me? Meg? Good morning, good morning, Good morning, Meg. What do you reckon it is?
Speaker 14: I think it's something to do with running or fitness or.
Speaker 15: Just running, running on empty, Mustang Sally, making somebody run all over town.
Speaker 11: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good, nice theory.
Speaker 1: Run around in your car like my theory was. Meg. We're gonna have to wait until the next one to find out it's true. Okay, let's try Jenny now as well. Jenny, good morning, good morning, Christian.
Speaker 14: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I'm I really need to win this morning. But what do you think it is?
Speaker 14: Well, yeah, I've gone completely off track. I was going capacity, as in empty. The next one would be something full and then must say Sally started and I completely lost the plot and just started singing it.
Speaker 1: So there's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 4: Songs you can sing along to Jason.
Speaker 7: Damn.
Speaker 1: Tough luck, Jenny, all right there. Song number three now, Oh Falco Rot Me and my dais the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Every month I do this. We call it the Missing Link. We play six songs. You got to work out what the connection is as quickly as possible. You're taking us on, We're taking you on, and we're all taken on. Jason, the king of music here, former king of Brisbane Radio, who sets this. It's obviously got nothing to do with cars, no is it? Do they all mention a year? They do? Jackson Brown says he was twenty one and sixty nine. Yep, Jack told me the answer. So yet again I just came going, would let you?
Speaker 11: I know?
Speaker 1: But you we've always had that over me. You would have always had that over I'd rather be confessed to be a liar and a cheat.
Speaker 4: I took it some texts coming in saying nineteen sixty five got mentioned in both those first songs. Is nineteen sixty five the ling I think after hearing that third time they all mentioned a year in some way they do.
Speaker 1: And so Jackson Brown says I was twenty one and sixty nine, doesn't it six sixty five?
Speaker 15: And then there's another line and then Mustang sally it's a nineteen sixty five version of the Mustang. And then the dark Horse was rock Me amineus. Yes, he talks about seventeen eighty but sings it in German.
Speaker 4: Say oh like you for Google lyrics, it just says the numbers one, seven, eight zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We also thought he said something else that sounded non German and very very rude you on that song as well, but it was. There are great songs, all right, We've got three more than all that mention the toy. Yeah, so jack you claim the second win. I can't you got it's yours. I will take it, well done. I would you have it though, No, you've always had it over me. I don't want that.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 1: Three, Cranberry Zombie Cold one oh four point three. It's the missing link. Jack guessed what it is, so you can't play anyone songs have mentioned years. He's ruined it.
Speaker 4: Songs and men play the montage of because there's one more song to go, okay, otherwise it's too pro Well we do, but they know that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, actually, why can't just play that? It's all the songs you've heard so far? The last five all mention a year. The next one about to do is a six song in the sequence, and it's nineteen ninety nine by Prince But so far you've hurt. That's German, a year in Germany.
Speaker 11: Come on, it's the same, Oh, nineteen.
Speaker 1: Sixty he didn't bother with Prince Mark. You by our sound, Wizard is obviously getting ready for the weekend by just doing half completed jobs.
Speaker 4: I guess it's so obvious.
Speaker 1: Night it is. You're quite right. So who's gonna be watching tonight's big final game? Then it's the Pikes as the Cats at the g tonight. Ninety one thousand people going to be it's going a huge game.
Speaker 4: Well I might if I'm lucky. You get the second half. But Mum has gone ahead and booked a family dinner for us all for my brother's birthday, right and smack bank in one of the biggest clashes of the year. She has no care for football and she wouldn't even.
Speaker 1: Know what your old man would want to We need a massive footy face. Listen to the radio. He stocked it into our SCND in the morning, Garry and Tim. He's always worriveing about that show.
Speaker 4: All Father's Day was pretty much him planning on how we tell Mum that we don't want to go to the dinner, But.
Speaker 1: Why don't you all just suggest you're do an earlier one.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, we're going at six thirty, so trying to get it out of the way. Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna have a quick start. I don't want Maine start on putting bye bye everyone. Do you know I met last week was Razor Ray. He's the umpire tonight right, And I know people have strong opinions on Razor Ray, don't they, But think what a terrifying job to do tonight, right? Your umpire? Two huge teams like that in a Mega game ninety two ninety three thousand. I reckon it's going to be there. Do any think that is a tough gig? Whoever does it? Yeah, the abuse she must be coming up. So I texted him only asking if he has any kind of pregame rituals or anything like that, and he does. He has a He downs a short machiato right before he goes out there, and then he repeats this mantra, which I think is quite nice. Actually, give great effort.
Speaker 4: But he's just the umpire, he's not one of the players.
Speaker 1: But he's got to get it right.
Speaker 11: Do you want to.
Speaker 1: A great UnBias? The same with song of the great referee? They should be pretty much invisible and that you need them there when they've got to make the right calls. And how many games have been ruined because of bad calls? Yeah, but I want you to before before Monday show, give great effort.
Speaker 4: But you shouldn't have shared his secrets because now people at the game will start calling him machiatto boy.
Speaker 1: Oh what a devastating boat. Oh stop it. They should becoming a flat white or something better than a baldheaded flog. What's the other on by? You got called that? What a Lame Burn, the.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 1: Well, my friends, that is the end of the show today and of course this week. I am back tomorrow morning. Nice and hello there. Someone had the old thousand yard sets. Where were you? What were you thinking about?
Speaker 5: It's looking at the micro logo the mica For some reason, I've never noticed that before.
Speaker 1: Okay, someone's ready for Friday. In the weekend, I'm back here seven till nine with the best of What are you guys up to this weekend?
Speaker 5: I was going to ask you the same thing, because we never ask.
Speaker 1: You what are you because you don't care.
Speaker 4: We do your solo parent this weekend? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: Got an itinery plan for the girls starts with obreas tonight, yeah, followed up by you breach.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow night, delivery on Sunday afternoon. Now I have to actually cook something for them Sunday. My wife has told me, and she said she will be checking on the fridge to see what's been When you say you got to cook something, you mean hate something up that she's already made.
Speaker 1: How dare you? I will be cooking something from scratch now? I'm looking after the girls this weekend. I say looking after and look after them every weekend, but it's next for special weekend because just me and them and I can't wait. We're going to watch a movie tonight and I think we're going to go to the cinema tomorrow night. What about you? What are you up to? So somehow trying to watch the game tonight?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Then I've got oh no, not more of this band stuff. What are you doing now?
Speaker 4: I'm filming the video clip for the second single that will be released.
Speaker 1: Jack has a band and their debut album is out next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, Well, the single drops next week, then the album drops September th lat shirty.
Speaker 1: Someone's getting a bit salty. Yeah nope.
Speaker 4: So I'm about to actually go pick up a coffin for as one of the props for a music video.
Speaker 1: Wow, where'd you get come from from?
Speaker 4: It's from a props place spots word, Wow, I funny worked this hard for the show.
Speaker 5: We're going to put it in the back of that ut.
Speaker 4: No, I guess I'll put it on the racks on the back of the youth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nothing terrifying about that. To scare the head out of people on a Friday.
Speaker 4: Guy driving with the ute hold me if you say men came.
Speaker 13: Win.
Speaker 1: Find the coffin is to move on from the fugitive, Find the coffin and win. Patsy, what are you up to? We run out of time. Have a great weekend everyone. Tit of today's show is chips are nuts everywhere.
Speaker 8: In the end they sort it out with chips and nuts flying everywhere.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three