Speaker 1: Come on, come on in. It's the Laura shedd Intochemistry House, Great Savings every Day, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Ready and rowing.
Speaker 3: There's been something to happen in the news recently. And look, I feel very personally attacked by this.
Speaker 4: And the reason why I feel personally attacked by this is because it's about my darling husband, Maddie Jay. Now, he is a doting father, but I have a bloody issue with this article because I think the bar is very low when it comes to dad.
Speaker 1: Okay, I did see that over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Madison feels.
Speaker 1: And next, there's a woman in the States who is currently in prison and she's trying to get out on a technicality and it's looking like she might actually be let loose.
Speaker 3: All that more coming right up, it's.
Speaker 1: Next to the pickup. It's the pick Up Tuesday afternoon writer in the Country, Britt Laura and Mitchell. Thanks to Chemists warehouse head in today, Great Savings every Day.
Speaker 2: We remember last year, how could anyone forget Roe v. Wade? The US Supreme Court took away the constitutional right for many people in many states to have an abortion, and they said that a fetus should be recognized as a human I mean, this is.
Speaker 4: Something that we the shock waves were felt all around the world. Know it happened in the States, but I think it was such a huge thing for all women to see that this fundamental right to be able to choose whether or not you are having a child was taken away.
Speaker 3: It was such a step back.
Speaker 2: Well, there is a pregnant woman in Florida. She is six weeks pregnant when she was imprisoned on murder charges. She is now arguing on a technicality that if she is not allowed an abortion and her fetus is a human, then she shouldn't be in prison because the fetess didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 3: The fetus is innocent.
Speaker 2: The fetus is innocent on a T shirt. This is crazy, right, because I'm pro abortion, I think that we should be allowed to have an abortion. So I think sucked into the government.
Speaker 4: She's not saying she wants to overturn her entire sentence. She's not trying to say, oh, I don't like I'm pregnant, therefore you know I'm gonna get out of it. She's just saying for the time that she's pregnant, her unborn child, which is you know, all by all states and by all rules within the States, a human a legitimate human. It cannot be held in detention in the way that she has because it's innocent. And you know what, do I think that a murderer should be out free and walking around.
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: But do I think she has an absolutely brilliant point. Yes, and she's right it shouldn't be held in there.
Speaker 2: Now her lawyer has said, an unborn child is a person. The person has constitutional rights and one of them is the right not to be deprived of liberty without due process.
Speaker 1: Imagine being that lawyer thinking of that moment, going I've got a plan. Yeah, got yeah, I've got yeah, I've got the government.
Speaker 2: You've got them between a rock and hard place. Right, But what is the answer. Is she going to get led out, because legally she has to be What do they do then? Do you just go home? Do you get you have security that has to follow you around, to you on home, detention, you in a hospital? What's the answer.
Speaker 4: Well, I think legally the issue is is that they can't have two different sets of standards. They can't say this is a human in this instance and it's not a human in this instance. And the big part of this is, And I think it goes back to this conversation about Roby Wade. Is she was put into detention at six weeks pregnant. She didn't have the choice, Like I mean, I would take a guess that at six weeks that's when most people find out that they're even pregnant. So she could have been arrested, put into a jailor put into custody at the very same time that she found out that she was pregnant. So there's so many layers to this that are problematic, And I just think if you've got one rule, it has to go throughout all of them.
Speaker 3: So it has to be the standard.
Speaker 2: Well that's the point they're gonna have to let her out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I have murderers out in the street now because that fetus is a human.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm very interested to see what happens.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, the baby joins us now from Florida Super Prison on the line. Yeah, I know when the baby's born. Best believable send an email? Yeah, right, will Next on the show, a Melbourne girl is in hospital, spending the weekend in hospital because of a sleepwalking incident that involves milking cows. What Yeah, she's okay, but she's sleptwalk and she's.
Speaker 4: Not were Now you shouldn't cry over some spilt milk.
Speaker 1: This is an utterly ridiculous storm. Thank you all. All right, it's next to the pickup. It's the pick up, Britt, Laura and Mitch for your Tuesday afternoon heading to Chemists Warehouse today. Blackmore's Executive b Stress Formula two fifties are available now at chemist Warehouse to just forty nine ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for use. Girls. We all have a good sleep here at the pickup, don't.
Speaker 3: We that I do not get enough of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love an app I love sleep, I love slumber.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, you've got two kids, you've got your awful dog, Delilah Breeze. So we all struggled to sleep.
Speaker 2: Wash your mouth out, no more.
Speaker 1: Than this eighteen year old dairy farmer in Victoria who over the weekend has been hospitalized after a bizarre sleepwalking experience.
Speaker 3: Can we turn the music off?
Speaker 2: What did she do? Sleepwalk into account?
Speaker 1: Well? No not quiet? Abby's Siza was staying at a friend's house. Niar sheperdon in Victoria? Anyway, she slept walk staying with a friend, and she just walked out of a four story building.
Speaker 3: What she just walked out out of the window.
Speaker 1: The window opened the window, woke up, opened the window and walked out and fell four meters to the ground.
Speaker 3: Did she give a reason, like did she just walk out the door?
Speaker 1: She says, I got out of bed while sleepwalking and announced loudly to my friends I was going to milk the cows.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, she.
Speaker 1: Wanted to milk the cows in the middle of the night. She said. All I recall is rolling around in pain while her friends held her down. And this is actually quite horrific. She went in for surgery and was told she would have multiple screws placed in her pelvis.
Speaker 3: She's lucky to be alive four meters.
Speaker 1: No, gotya, she says. I'm very tired. She's better now.
Speaker 3: I once stated a guy who he just vanished.
Speaker 4: He was gone, but his phone was there, his wallet was there, like everything was in the house.
Speaker 3: So I was like, where the hell's he gone?
Speaker 4: Anyway, I got a phone call about maybe seven am in the morning, and he was like, hey, babe, I need you to come to the office.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: We lived on.
Speaker 4: Oxford Street in like a multi level apartment building with a buzzer downstairs, and his office was maybe like eight hundred meters up the road and he was like, I need you to come to the office. I was like, what the hell are you doing in the office And he's like, and I need you to bring some pants and some shoes. He had slept walter out of our building out the front. He was on the street and the intercom wasn't working and he was but asked naked. Oh no, So he ran to the office so that he wouldn't be caught out on the street and no clothes.
Speaker 1: That's actually very smart from a sleepwalker naked.
Speaker 4: Sleep well, he worked out, but he had blisters on his feet running thirteen.
Speaker 1: What happened to you while you were sleepwalking? Leon called Hi High High? What happened while you were sleepwalking?
Speaker 5: I wasn't me sleep walking, but my eldest son, ronics is a big sleet walker. We were on holidays at Kansa their apartment there, and I hear the door to the apartment in the middle of the night open and closed, and obviously I was asleep, so it took me a minute to register. But when I jumped about a bed and run out the door. He has walked out the door. He's walked across to the lift and pushed the buttons of the elevator and jumped on in and down. He goes into the lift of the night.
Speaker 2: Where do you end up in the basement?
Speaker 5: No, like, yeah, he just I don't know where he actually went, but.
Speaker 3: Looking for him, don't.
Speaker 1: Know where he lives in the stock is seen it somewhere bell I'm thirteen sixty five high. What's your sleepwalking story?
Speaker 5: When I was twenty five.
Speaker 2: My partner and I were in the Gold Coast and I've always struggled with like sleepwalking issues.
Speaker 5: And he actually woke up to me.
Speaker 2: Walking out on the twenty fifth floor on like a high rise chevron twin towers, like in my sleepwalking.
Speaker 5: Thing, and he was like, dange, what are you doing? That was the first time my boyfriend had ever experienced stories.
Speaker 3: Are you were on the roof or where did you get to?
Speaker 5: I well, like out onto the deck. So we have a vie and it was the twenty fifth floor. My sleep's always been weird, like obviously I used grown out of it and then it would come back. Yeah, nowhere if I was doing well.
Speaker 1: You're treating this like a doctor's console. We're not here to help you. We just want your story. She goes, it's beat my whole life. And maybe it's the magnesium supplements on tape.
Speaker 4: I think the lesson here is everyone lock your windows inside, all.
Speaker 1: Right, stand by. Next. Over the weekend, Laurie, you were in the front page of the Daily Mail, you and your husband Maddy Jay.
Speaker 4: No, just Maddy j. I didn't get a mention. There's been an article and I've got some feelings about it.
Speaker 3: Woo, all right, angry.
Speaker 1: Next in the pickups pick up Tuesday afternoon around Australia, Britt, Laura and Mitch. Here all things to Chemist ware House. Blackmore's Executive bat Stress Formulas two fifties are available now at Chemist Warehouse for just forty nine to ninety nine. Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
Speaker 4: Guys, there is an article that came out over the weekend that really pissed me off.
Speaker 2: Oh I was there when she read it. I can concur.
Speaker 4: So mad, so mad, now you know, Okay, Britta and I we went away to the Northern Territory for the weekend and my beautiful husban Maddie Jay. He had our two daughters while I was gone. Not only wasn't in the Daily Mail, it was in the front page. You know when it's like biggest, greatest, most.
Speaker 3: Important news of the day.
Speaker 4: Here it is the Bachelor's Maddie Johnson is every inch the doting father as he enjoys a girl's day out with daughters Marley May three and Lawla Ellis one. Now this seems like not a big deal. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, why would you be so mad by an article?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thinking it seems nice. It's quite complimentary. He's out with his daughters. It's sweet.
Speaker 2: If we break the article down, it says exclusive, Maddie Jay's a dad.
Speaker 3: Literally what it.
Speaker 1: Is, I'll make it that scoop.
Speaker 3: This isn't so.
Speaker 4: This is an article about my husband and my daughters. To congratulate my husband on doing the bear minimum, on being a dad, on taking his children to the park, and oh wait, he went one step further. He took his precious daddy daughter time. He took them to a place where Marley May could dress up as a princess. Is the bar really that low for dads, because let me tell you, there are no articles. I skip, I skim, I went all through it. There's not a single article on Daily Mail that says doting mum takes child to the park.
Speaker 2: Well, look, it's a big news day, I reckon, we congratulate Maddy J. He made the news. He's been a phenomenal dad. Why don't we get him on the phone and just really say good on you for going out there and yeah, I think we do. It's not often you make the front page of the news, Laura.
Speaker 1: Let's get him a medal as.
Speaker 2: Well celebrating him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's give him a vice.
Speaker 2: Hello, Maddie J. We just wanted to say a big news this week over the weekend. Congratulations. We saw him making the headlines for being Australia's most doting dad.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Finally, finally the recognition that you deserve, Honey. I mean, I will say that you are an exceptional dad, but you know, to hear it from the Daily Mail as a whole other step up, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Let's not play it down, Matt, Laura has just been on a ranch. She's mad, she's fuming.
Speaker 3: I just think it reiterates that the bar is so low for dads.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Matt, Hang on a second, how dare you, Laura Ben I have been looking after the children all week and doing one of the most phenomenal jobs ever, and yet instead of congratulating me, you're getting angry.
Speaker 1: You worthy?
Speaker 3: Actually, do you know why?
Speaker 4: Because I have taken care of the kids many times when you went off to do the weather, when you went off to do Dancing with the stars. Not once have I had an article calling me a doting mind.
Speaker 5: I did not know.
Speaker 2: But what I'm hearing, madd is that like, is that you just were a parent over the weekend. Excuse me, I'm going to have to be on Laura's side on this one.
Speaker 6: I barely slept all weekend. I handmade every single meal, I read them stories NonStop. Just a parent, Brittany, is you saying Bolt just a runner?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, no, yes he is. He's fast, but he's a runner.
Speaker 6: He's the best runner in the world, just like I'm one of the best dads in Australia. Realize that I lost Marley three times at the beach. Not important, but once they're reporting on the fact.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, Daily Mail is just going to go to his head and I got to go ahead and do with this now.
Speaker 1: Well more doting. You've learned anything. It's doting hard, all right. Stare by the Willow Woody Boys are up next. They're in Regional Queensland today for the show. They're helping a seventy four year old woman live out her dreams of becoming a stand up comedian. It's not like a make a wish or anything. They're just they're doing it. So it's got a lot of money. I don't know why that's on the way. We'll see tomorrow over