Speaker 1: Hi Heart Podcasts, hear more Kiss podcast playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app.
Speaker 2: A pickup with Britt.
Speaker 3: Hockley and Laura Bed Brady.
Speaker 2: Your what our windows? That's my world?
Speaker 4: Risen the dust only good fab dog all down.
Speaker 1: I've don't much, but yeah I know I'll big get and what I want.
Speaker 2: It don't matter where.
Speaker 3: This is the.
Speaker 2: Pick up, Hi, guys, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: It's the pick up with Britt Hockley and Laura Bird Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: We'll talk us to what you're wearing today?
Speaker 1: Lawis I knew you were going to so could I not? This is this has been going on for a while. Nothing fits me anymore, guys, nothing, I'm going.
Speaker 2: To fix me calling bears right now.
Speaker 4: This has been going on long before you're pregnant.
Speaker 2: No, no, it hasn't. I've only pulled these pants out. These were in my old pregnancy box.
Speaker 4: That must be your other pants.
Speaker 2: I've pulled the mare once.
Speaker 1: I realized I was pregnant, so I knew i'd get some were out of them. The problem is is like these are a big floaty what.
Speaker 2: Do you call them? Palazzo pans?
Speaker 4: I do know they're just like a very wispy material.
Speaker 1: If I was standing up, you'd probably think that they are a big Maxi skirt, but they're actually pants. The problem is is that they have the most enormous hole in the crutch and I can just get away with it because they're floaty, except if I lift my leg and then it's all out for show. I could give birth right now, would be so easy.
Speaker 2: I do want to say.
Speaker 5: We sit opposite each other directly, and Laura has.
Speaker 4: A tendency to sit with one knee up, and.
Speaker 1: I did cop an eye ball this morning, you poor thing, because things are not good.
Speaker 2: Down there anymore. I can still see. It's not great.
Speaker 1: It's not what it used to be. It's probably gonna be worse after the third kid.
Speaker 5: Well, I have an idea, though, we could sew the whole up.
Speaker 3: Shock.
Speaker 2: Well that's what I'm going to get done after this this birth.
Speaker 4: Which hang on, Well, Laura, don't overthink it. Quick fire answer. What do you think the main reason.
Speaker 5: Is that people break up in relationships?
Speaker 2: It's cheating? Okay, cheating?
Speaker 5: Well, interestingly, I was just reading an article about the fact that whilst cheating is like a huge reason for break up, usually it's I know this because I've done my research.
Speaker 1: Cheating is number one and financial problems is number two.
Speaker 5: Yes, for breakups, but let's go back a step, so before we've broken up. Okay, the number one reason that relationship counselors and relationship therapists have said that couples come to them for has to do with phones and how much phones are like taking over couples relationships and lives.
Speaker 1: I know why I have this figured out now, Brick, Because the person who's cheating is spending all their time on the phone talking to the person that they're cheating with.
Speaker 2: What then the woman finds.
Speaker 1: Out and then she leaves, And that's what happens.
Speaker 2: That's the story.
Speaker 5: Yes, that is also true, but not even just cheating. For couples that aren't cheating and are monogamous, phones are causing a real issue because we're getting to this point where we're sort of not giving enough attention to our partners, or we're not giving them.
Speaker 4: Sometimes we're giving them half of our attention. We're having a conversation, but we.
Speaker 5: Automatically pick up our phone and aimlessly scroll. We go to bed, we roll over and instead of having a conversation or a snuggly time we pick up our phone. This is an issue that people are reporting saying that they're feeling like their phone's becoming more important than them in their relationship.
Speaker 1: To be fair, my husband and I can be pretty bad on our phones at times, but I'm not gonna lie. I like a little scroll. I like a little rabbit hole of looking at you know, is this cake or is it the real thing?
Speaker 2: Like sometimes I just got a TV show. Isn't it no cake or not? What is it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like there's loads of them on on so Okay, I know because I've gone down that rod hole.
Speaker 2: I want to look at baby goats.
Speaker 1: Like sometimes I just don't want to talk to anyone, my kids, my husband, no one. I just want to sit on the couch and look at my phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I think it's one of those things that maybe you need to ask yourself right now, is is this a problem.
Speaker 4: In your relationship?
Speaker 5: Do you think you can do better or be better or do you have to set it aside maybe an hour in your relationship that where you say, hey, from seven to eight, there's no phone time. We're gonna eat our dinner, We're gonna communicate because so many people can't even leave one room into another in their own house without taking their phone.
Speaker 4: Or they go to that dinner tea, will they take their phone.
Speaker 1: He does take his phone every time he goes to the toilet, and then spends a long time in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because he's pretending to poop, So.
Speaker 1: No, he stays, Yeah, but he stays in there for a good thirty five minutes.
Speaker 4: Every man does that.
Speaker 1: I understand that everyone has different issues in their relationships, and a lot of people have different like how obsessed they are with their phones. I think when it becomes a problem is when you're talking to someone, you have their attention for all of about thirty seconds, and then they don't even realize they're doing it, right, And I have friends that all like this. They don't even clock it. They're picking up their phone and they're scrolling. They're not doing anything that's important. It's just become habit that they always kind of refer to looking at it. That's when I think it's really upsetting. And I would say that there's probably been times where Matt and I have both done that to each other, but we're way more conscious of that now because we know it's something that once you get into the habit of it, you can be so guilty of doing it to your partner.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Also, you're pregnant, you've had your snugly time this year that you've done you you'd wait on nine months now.
Speaker 2: We did that once at Christmas. Never, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Look at the problem that got us into No. I think maybe on one step worse. Actually, sometimes I tell my husband, I say, Honey, I'm going to bed now, and I am going to bed.
Speaker 2: It's not true, but I'm not going to sleep.
Speaker 1: I'm going upstairs and I turn all the lights off, and I get in bed and I put my warm doner on. It's so nice and cozy, and then I lay there in the dark and I just look at all the things scroll and I feel like for me, and I know that it's not meant to be good for you going to sleep and all that.
Speaker 2: There's loads of research, but I do feel like for me.
Speaker 1: It's just twenty minutes that I need to switch off from all of the crap that's happened in the day.
Speaker 2: Now, britt, I feel like being a parent it's hard. Sometimes it's really hard, actually, And that's it from us today. That's where the show we have discovered it is indeed hot.
Speaker 1: I feel like it comes part and parcel that sometimes your kids are going to do stuff that embarrasses you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and you just.
Speaker 1: Got to take it on the chin like a champion because they don't really know.
Speaker 2: I don't think they do.
Speaker 1: Sometimes maybe it's malicious, but other times I think it's really innocent and they just don't know that what they've said or what they've done is kind of not appropriate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, adults dance.
Speaker 5: It's like when you see those videos go around where like the little kid goes to school and tells everyone that they heard mommy and daddy.
Speaker 4: Screaming in the room in the night, like you know, when they get.
Speaker 2: We were playing gorillas, Yeah, we're playing wrestling.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. Look, I mean we've all got our own version of that with our own kids. But I went in to pick up Molly May. She's five, she's in kindergarten. I went in to pick her up from school the other day and she goes to after school care. So I walked into after school care and there's all these lovely, really young, beautiful young girls who like work in the after school care center. Right got it and they're gorgeous and they take such good care of the kids.
Speaker 2: Walk in.
Speaker 1: Then the girl who's like the main director, she just starts kickling and I was like, oh, nice to see you too, darling, and she goes, I've got something for you.
Speaker 2: She's like, Marley's been.
Speaker 1: Drawing some pictures, cute, and let me tell you, like, my kids draw a thousand pictures. We have draws and draws and draws full of drawings that we keep and keep them all. Well, no, I don't keep them all, only the key the good ones. We've had to start culling, like the manet. Yeah, I'll tell her. I'll say that one's not good enough to keep. And she was like, I wanted to put this aside for you. She's like, because I think you'd really like to keep this one. And I walk in and I get this picture and I just want to show you what it's of, Britt, because I think she's captured me in my raw and beautiful essence.
Speaker 4: We can say it's raw.
Speaker 1: So marleis she's started to revert to drawing me pregnant now because she's really excited.
Speaker 2: About being a big sister.
Speaker 1: She's so thrilled she got, so she drew a picture of me and my pregnant belly, and she drew the baby inside the belly. It's kind of like a cross between an X ray because you can see inside me, but you can also see ay and pawn.
Speaker 2: Well an X.
Speaker 1: Ray and just a really graphic detail photo. You can see inside me, but you can also see the outside of me, and I'm completely naked. She has drawn boobs with nipples, very big nipples.
Speaker 2: We all understand why. And she's also drawn me with a fool bush.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then what happened is she drew this and some of her friends were confused.
Speaker 2: They were like, what's going on here, Bummy's lazy. So then it.
Speaker 1: Turns out that my daughter had a full on debrief with all her friends about whether their parents or their mummies do or don't have hair on their downstairs.
Speaker 2: So funny.
Speaker 1: So when I picked Marley up, did anyone else kids draw nudes? No one else drew a nude, but I know what every other mum's downstairs looks like. So three kids came up to me and they were like, Marley told us that you've got hair down there. My mummy doesn't. My mummy doesn't have any hair.
Speaker 5: You need to put that neut WhatsApp group chat, the school group chat are so funny, be like, hey it is what's everyone doing downstairs?
Speaker 4: Just like throw it in there.
Speaker 2: I was like, surely, hey, Sharon.
Speaker 4: What lazy you go to?
Speaker 2: So I don't know what to do with this picture?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Do I put it on the fridge. It's really a beautiful one for.
Speaker 4: Me to take it.
Speaker 1: I reckon, there somewhere a bit lazier, right, it's quite hot when you're pregnant.
Speaker 2: Don't want to reach down there, got it?
Speaker 5: Anyway, if there's a bit of like hyperbole here or I don't know what's going on, but that's yeah, you need to get that tended to.
Speaker 2: I reckon. I could get my gardener to come over.
Speaker 1: Go get a wik whack out anyway, what like a whipper sniffert not a wik whack house, Like a wait, what we're talking about the same thing anyway. Look, being a mum is full of joy and so many special moments.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you.
Speaker 5: Could probably head into chemists ware house, maybe get some wax strips or something.
Speaker 1: Now it is time, speaking of chemist warehouse for our little wins of the week where we have a five hundred dollars to spend at Chemists ware House to give away to somebody who has had a notable little win.
Speaker 2: Now, we don't want the big stuff.
Speaker 5: We don't want like, can't just be a little win notable little but not too big, not too much.
Speaker 2: Just right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to give the description out. They're real good, like I mean, I don't want like a graduation. I don't want an engagement. I don't proposals.
Speaker 4: Having said that, if you.
Speaker 5: Have graduated, congratulations, well it would be a bit weird mid year graduation.
Speaker 2: Does that happen? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Congrats if it did well done. But also like you get enough congratulations for that stuff. This is the things that normally go unnoticed. We are here to celebrate, and we have three calls on the line. One of them is going to win the five hundred dollars to spend. Jamie, what's your little win of the week?
Speaker 4: Him, My little win of the week was when I gathered all the courage to ask the guy out. Ah, that's exciting that did he hang on?
Speaker 2: Do you say yes?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't know he was dating someone else.
Speaker 4: Oh that's okay.
Speaker 5: Not the ending we wanted, but we love the fact that you had the guts to do that.
Speaker 2: So that's it. That's a good win.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's like when you put yourself outside your comfort zone that little bit you do that thing that's scary, and then the next time it's not going to.
Speaker 2: Be that scary. Yeah, exactly, all right, Jamie, stay right there, Mikayla. What is your little win of the week. So my little win is, after eight weeks, my very timid and scared for SI kitten actually killed up with me and let me pat.
Speaker 3: Him this week.
Speaker 2: Oh that's really cute.
Speaker 5: That's just as cute as the other one, asking the guy out and him saying no.
Speaker 2: At least it's a happy ending.
Speaker 3: The other one not quite so much, very happy ending.
Speaker 2: All right, Mikayla, stay there, hope. What's your little winn of the week?
Speaker 3: Not falling for a scams?
Speaker 2: Not falling for a stam.
Speaker 4: That could be a big win because they could be just they can clean you out.
Speaker 2: What was the scam? Who was it from?
Speaker 3: It's to do with the acting. You know, I did it like years ago, like acting kind of roles, and I've had on my mind again and then I saw something advertised and it was a couple actually a couple of companies, and I was running like a nice suite in Sinciata, so I'm like, yeah, I'll just go see what happened. But it all seemed like legit when I was in there, but then when I got out of it, and then I just came to my senses.
Speaker 2: So they were happened. They took a kidney. That will happen.
Speaker 3: So I actually had a really good day. And then I got a new umbrella because my umbrella got smashed in the rain getting it. But it was like quite quite the day anyway.
Speaker 2: I hope you've been on a journey.
Speaker 1: Just wait there and we're gonna we're gonna deliberate who do we think deserves a little win of the week.
Speaker 2: I think they're all brilliant.
Speaker 5: There was quite a story at the end there the cats win, but I'm going to have to go the guts to asking someone out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we love las, you say, Jamie, even unrequited love.
Speaker 2: Jamie.
Speaker 1: You have won the five hundred dollars to spend at Chemists warehouse.
Speaker 2: Congratulations. I hope that gives you.
Speaker 1: The confidence to go and ask the next man out.
Speaker 2: That you come.
Speaker 4: Across and take you on a date to Chemis warehouse
Speaker 2: And guys, that's it from us this week.