Speaker 1: Hey, legends, Welcome back to the Mason Cock Show. Big, big stories and headlines in the AFL. This week, Buddy plays three hundred and fifty games. We've got text Walker, Yes, he kicks a bag of times. Two he kicks ten. We've got two meter Peter kicks five. Also the bigs. We're on fire around the league. There's so much going on that.
Speaker 2: Way, surely, and we'll talk about the petruck.
Speaker 1: We'll save that for the end. We'll serve it for the end. Okay, Sol's gonna be a great episode. Let's go all right, let's get into it. Welcome Brandon.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, Mace. We I normally say good a, but it's good night because we're postgame after the mcg flash against Melbourne Demons. But we'll get to that because we have plenty to talk about this week. So we'll jump in as we always do with our clanger, and I'm taking it outside of footy because this one, I was just sitting up having a nice glass of red the Chiraz and I was watching the Cricket Box one and Steven Smith smudger. As you would obviously know that he's.
Speaker 1: I've met Steve Smith. Actually you wouldn't believe it really sugar his hand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, maybe have a word to him because this was out of line. He's I'm hitting him up with a clanger, and I'm clanging him hard. So he's facing the bowler's about to run in. Steve Smith, the world's watching the big stage over there, and he stops the whole game. He points out a bloke sitting second story back row. He says, that guy there wearing a red shirt, can't have that. Get him out of here. Okay, get him out of here. He's putting me off, this guy. So they got the sight screen so you can see the bowler coming in and you can see the ball in his hand and stuff. And this guy is about fifty meters above the bloody sight screen out having a beer because he's paid his admission money.
Speaker 3: Having a flag of doing anything distractive, having a quiet beer, second level back row. So and he's like. The guy moves a few seats over and he's like okay. He sits back down and he's like, no, what do you get out?
Speaker 2: Get out? So the security coming in and security is like, I'm sorry, man, it was like Steve Smith. So he drags me out underneath this like scaffolding, and he's like watching between this scaffolding and drinking his beer, gets a refund, get stuffed that stuff. That's I know, he's one of ours. Mate.
Speaker 1: Come we just took the shirt off, like you don't like the car ride? Have a pasty white?
Speaker 2: You care? Yeah, man, if I sat down with no shirt, that's like a reflect exactly, that's way worse. So I'm giving Steve Smith the big clanger. You can't be doing that, Smith, Come on, Smudge.
Speaker 1: I'll go with my klanger is a very interesting one. Close to home now, my father and my mother are both in town still. My dad he went out for a few drinks with another player's parents the other day, right, and I got sent a video for my mother of my dad doing a bit of a jig little kins, you know, in the hof House over there in Melbourne. Then a little night out and apparently rumor on the street is is he was getting fed free drinks because the other person's dad was saying, oh, Collingwood family here, Mason Cox is down over there, and they were just hype and Collingwood fans in there, and they were just giving them drinks left, right, and certain having a good old time and the video will forever live an in for me in our family group chat.
Speaker 2: He at least it worked like if he was like, hey, it's Mason Cox's dad and they were like yes, so so that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: And I want where is Collingwood kit everywhere? He just wants to talk about footy to everyone. It's so good.
Speaker 2: I want to I want to see these dance moves. You got to share this video. You got to get it out there, getting about it, get approval for you. First, he's doing the robot. I could see him doing the worm, the filthy feel worm talent. I learnt two bits of German back in the day jubist thunder shown and I think, I think that means you are you are beautiful. Oh so I had of course I had two lines. I had two lines and much and suka better, which I think means milk and sugar please, because I was like, you are beautiful as the starter and then milk and sugar please in the mornings left.
Speaker 1: Right and scenerio. That's good. But you we'll get into the footy chat. Sydney versus the Saints now big big game for Sydney Buddy's three point fiftieth absolute legend. It's another milestone this week. Absolutely just incredible what he's doing. But unfortunately Sydney at home lose to the Saints.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it's good that the Saints are still up there. People thought they might have slid out by now, but they're sticking fast and yeah, just another tough loss for Sydney. Got to probably think that it's over for them now, I'm going to put that out there. But yeah, Buddy Franklin three hundred and fifty games, he just keeps checking off the milestones. Yeah, and obviously he moved to fourth all time goalkicker. That's another massive accomplishment.
Speaker 1: The Living Legends you are playing.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into the Western Bulldog's Port game, because, oh boy, if they finished top two, they are going to be a scary prospect.
Speaker 1: Especially in Adelaide. Playing that first game in Adelaide, that's going to be a tough game forever's playing against them.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's nuts. There was a fair few incidents in this game. Now, there was a great moment. It really showed where port was at. Zach Butters and Tom Libertore going head to head at a stoppage like really lipping off to each other and then Butters gets it, shrugs off, Libber kicks the ball in horn, Francis picks it up, wheels around, burns like four players and just slots the goal. It was the moment where it's like these guys are scary, like like they just moved it so smooth like all night. It was great finlacer our boy, fins up, fins up. He kicked the goal and gave the shush celebration to the crowd, which don't We always love it. And there was a moment where Cody Weightman snapped a goal and it went through, but there was a bump on the line of shepherd on the line. Now, normally you can borderline get away with murder on the line.
Speaker 1: So you can get away with murder on the line. It's not borderline at all.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's like w W easpeck with a steel chair. You can almost get away with it. But yeah, they called it shepherding on the line.
Speaker 1: First of all, I've seen that in a very very long time.
Speaker 2: Very long time. So bit stiff. Yeah, another big win for Port. They just keep checking it off. Bulldogs still in it, but they're just I don't know. They're making it hard on themselves.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have a nice They're gonna have a few challenges in the back end of the season and try to make that top eight. So it's gonna be interesting. They're a bit of a must watch for sure. I want to give a shout out Jason Hordon Francis socks up. We haven't talked about it, but I'm a big fan of the socks up. So Jason Francis, you keep that up. It's gonna become a thing. It's very Nathan Buckley s very much.
Speaker 2: So, oh, let's jump into this one.
Speaker 1: You can meet.
Speaker 2: I told you, we have said there's a few games of your circle in the fixture. Now. Hawthorne v. Brisbane, big blockbuster clash, Brisbane coming down. They've got to prove themselves at the g Well, they couldn't do that against the lowly Hawks. It was a crazy upset.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Hawthorne just keep showing signs. Last week they got blown out of the water early against Port and then they managed to kick ninety six points or whatever. And this is another one where their offense was on point, like they scored a big score against a really good team and got the dub.
Speaker 1: I mean, ever since this Tasmania team came on board, I'm just saying Hawthorne stepped it up. I'm not saying there's a coincidence here. I'm just stating facts. Ever since that announcement came out, Hawthorn kick an ass. But I will say this for Hawthorne fans out there, it'd be very, very excited for what's to come. I think this signs like this and getting these wins against good teams, quality teams like Brisbane, it's a sign of the future that there's definitely going to be some success in a few years time.
Speaker 2: I like these years where a few teams that have been down to the bottom for a bit. Not saying that Hawthorne is one of those because obviously they just used to win everything, but you know, there's actual signs for these clubs coming through North Melbourne showing really good science, Hawthorn showing good science listen and coming up showing good science. Like there's a lot of these teams this year that there's always like a transition year where some of the bigger teams start to drop down and some of the lower teams start to climb up and you love to see it because we don't want those We want an equal competition. We don't want, you know, Geelong in the finals every bloody year and Sydney up the top every bloody year. Give someone else to go rotate around a little bit. Now, there was a moment in this where Cisily got a McCluggage in a real awkward tackle. Now, the way I saw it live, I thought that it was just a really unfortunate event, like an unfortunate circumstance. It looked really ugly and mcluggage's head got caught up under his body which really cranked his neck, and they brought the stretcher out. But it was one of those moments and we see it, you know, fairly often where the big staunch bloke wants to walk off the ground and say that he's all right and stuff like that, when it's just maybe we go if the stretchers out there, we just jump on the street.
Speaker 1: You got to take it. You don't need to lay down. Maybe you just sit on the back if you feel good enough, just.
Speaker 2: Go for a cruise. Mate. There's like, yeah, I don't know, I get like it's great that they can show their friends and family and stuff watching along that they're okay, they can walk off under their own power, but just get on a cruise off.
Speaker 1: It was a nomal at tackle all. Like I didn't in the moment, it kind of looked like just kind of you know, bodies kind of hit each other and stuff. But looking back at it.
Speaker 2: Because there was a third body involved in it, yeah.
Speaker 1: And it just seemed like as though, I can you know, I'm not really too sure the details. Have to look at it again, but it seems as though he kind of hit his head and that kind of knocked him around for a bit. So once again Cicily goes to the tribunal figure out kind of where it lands. It's a lot, I mean, this is happening every single game. I feel like there's someone with a question mirk around it. And the MRO was getting plenty of use this year, and it's going to be interesting again to see how they determine what is correct, what's not, what's acceptable, what's not And yeah, there'll be another opportunity for them to try to guard to in the right direction.
Speaker 2: It's so hard because you're like you're trying to figure out players intent and it's such a gray area as we know everything in footy years, it's just a big old gray area. As Razor Ray said, that's what we love about the game.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's jump into this one because we got the big text Walker Adelaide West Coast now is Texas Big two fiftieth and came out and just shot the lights out. He kicked his first goal with in like thirty seconds of the first bounce, and you just you knew he was on loves the snag the big Texan. I feel like we did the Texas Walker range. I always feel when I hear his name, it's like the it's like the showdown in like a Clint Eastwood like spaghetti Western. That just yeah, a big Texan. We love to say. It came out slotted ten goals. I think ten to one as well. So you talk about accuracy, he's always been a great kick too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was phenomenally. It was kind of the point whereas you know the crowd gets hyped every time the ball goes near him, you know, you kind of get this like that, you hear the crowd just going when he kicks it, and neveryone loses their mind. It was cool, like to see someone in their you know, milestone game two fifty to have his best goalkicking night of his career. I'm sure it would have meant a lot to him, and you know West Coast. Unfortunately they're demolished by injury. We all know that, but for him, it would have been a cool experience to sit there and know that every single ball, every single time the ball is going inside fifty, you're the target.
Speaker 2: Like good news story coming out of it for West Coast. So, eighteen year old mid season rookie pick Ryan Marreck kicked his first goal with his first kick ten days after being picked up in the mid season.
Speaker 1: Drafts to the club. First kick, first goal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's just, you know, a good news story.
Speaker 1: I mean, ten days after getting drafted. Can you imagine, I'm not sure where he's from. Can you imagine going into a professional environment like West Coast, knowing what's going on there, and you're going, I'm going to have to perform at the highest level in a very very short turnaround.
Speaker 2: And you're going into hustle territory. You're going into Adelaide against Adelaide.
Speaker 1: An amazing experience for him and his family, though, just to like how quickly life turns around and then they would have been so hyped. Unfortunately, yeah, they got the lost, but like his family, the memory of that for him will be something he'll always looked back on.
Speaker 2: Finally, and there was something that normally we don't say stuff without knowing our facts because we're very accurate podcast, but I think that was something that he played for like six different clubs in the leader to being picked up, which is crazy, so great news story. There's plenty of those stories that are going to come out of West Coast because they're just playing whoever they can put out on the park.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Nicknat knoww he's out for the year too, so I want to see him play man. He's a phenomenal player, guy that people just get up for and you know every time he gets around the ball, you feel like something exciting is going to happen. But unfortunately for him, the injury wills continue on and hopefully he can get up for next year.
Speaker 2: After I said that we were very inaccurate, I should have given myself the clanger for last week. So I think we went around in circles. So I said TiO was in cans. Yeah, you screwed this up, which was in the no. But we both didn't pick up on this. So I said TiO was in Cans and Cans was in the Northern Territory. Now I did myself a favor and I cut out that first part, but I left the second party. And as I like a little teaser me saying Kansas in Queensland. As we all know well, the game was at TiO in Darwin, Darwin in the Northern Territory. Cans nothing to do with it. No one went to Kans anyway.
Speaker 3: We love Kans, Kansas, Queensland in Northern Territory.
Speaker 2: We'll just clear a few things up. Let's now let's jump over to Freemantle.
Speaker 1: Per in Perth International game.
Speaker 2: So Freeo versus Richmond.
Speaker 1: We've been on the Frio bandwagon. We're on the tray and Chip Chip and I.
Speaker 2: Thought LONGI had it all figured out and he was back on track. Now there's a little derailment, not a big catastrophic one, just you know, maybe maybe one or two wheels off the track. But free I just couldn't get the job done over Richmond. Richmond just decided to show up and yeah, they just they got another w going back to back with.
Speaker 1: It coach getting a few dubs on the board.
Speaker 2: Now there's one block that Cane Korns might have talked some shit about earlier in the year. Could be well, it could have been half.
Speaker 1: Could be any number of players in the AFL.
Speaker 2: With Timmy Taranto. I don't know if you heard of this kid. He's he's playing some pretty good footy. He kicked another two goals and thirty five to go with his average of thirty five and about three goals for the year. I just want to do you reckon?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon?
Speaker 2: He's scraped inside the top one fifty?
Speaker 1: Is he nine? Maybe? Yeah, yes, I would say he's in the top one fifty. I think Kane krns now because burd has been playing the lights out for the last few weeks. Kane Korns is just kind of sitting in the back, just hoping no one brings it up to him.
Speaker 2: He's got to say something big to get the heat off him. I reckon. Maybe tim Taranto knocked himself into the one fifty and knocked Jeremy Cameron outside.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no, no, no, we're a big fans of jazz.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just saying this is what like Caine can say, just that he's got to say something to.
Speaker 1: Get that ridiculous about. Yeah, okay, yeah, that sounds about right. Sounds about right. Well, there was one really awesome thing about this game, and he's a lovely human. Nat Fife had a goal from the corner, it was, I think, and he just bullet darted one through the through the post. And good to see him back, good to see him playing again. He's an absolute legend. I actually ran into him. It's a side story, but I actually ran into him. He's in the same flight to the US as me over the offseason. I ran into him and he was seriously just the nicest human, most laid back, like nicest guy and just whenever you meet those people like away from the actual like you know, the gladiator type arena scenario that AFL is and they're just genuine humans, Like, man, I love this guy. He's such a nice fellow.
Speaker 2: Do you get starstruck by anyone in the league.
Speaker 1: In the league, maybe Buddy, Buddy would Buddy would be I wouldn't say starstrucks by the right word, but like an insane amount of respect for him, Like I think it was the best way to because it's like, I mean, I've played against them, You shap hands, you chat on the field, all that kind of stuff. But I think whenever you see someone who's meant so much the AFL over a long period of time like that, he's someone you I don't know, just having Yeah, like I said, a massive, massive amount of respect for and the way he's handled himself and everything else over the years, it's been pretty incredible.
Speaker 2: We'll jump into the North Melbourne GWS game now, yeah, know, what do you say about this game? Not a hell of a lot of action going down Laki with another four goals.
Speaker 1: The big suit Nick Marky is a shining moment for that team.
Speaker 2: He'd be putting nudge in one hundred if he was in one of the top eight teams. North Young Guns, you know, showed more signs again just keep ticking boxes.
Speaker 1: Same as Hawthorne. I feel like North Hawthorne showing signs of life, showing signs that in hor ver much time they're going to be good. It's going to be a lot closer than people probably think it's going to be great because these teams that are down at the bottom, they get to move up over the ladders like we were seventeenth I think at one point. Then we go up to what four, like I think one of these teams is going to be one of those in the top eight over the next.
Speaker 2: Two and shout out to Brett Ratton, who's just you know, picked it up and ran with it. GWS. Good again. I've been on the GWS bandwagon. They've dropped a couple of close losses. Toby you know, doing Toby tings out there.
Speaker 1: Big sounds from the west of the town.
Speaker 2: Now let's jump into this big one because this is a mammoth game. Carlton Essendon pre King's Birthday game, the curtain raiser to the Collingwood Melbourne game. Now wow, we wow, this is just you know, it was hot, because not hot in terms of pressure. Now, maybe one team brought a bit more than the other. Let's do what am I? Who am I to say? Now there's a few things out of this. Let's pull him apart two meter, Peter, your eye poking mate, he's back on the scene. First game back, five straight back. Now that's great. We love seeing the big fellas do great. Maybe if you're a Carlton fan and your big fellows aren't kicking that straight and this guy comes back first game kicks five snacks straight on you a bit of a kick in the teeth. Yeah, love to see Peter Carlton thirty three tackles for the game. Not a lot of tackles.
Speaker 1: Ah, it was pretty tough the way Euston was going inside fifty. They were just its just seemed like it was bankstrol the middle banks. It seemed like it was just almost effortless at the times.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to say about this game. It was pretty crazy. Some of Carlton's, you know, big tough midfield players not bringing a lot of that heat. So we wait to see what the fallout from this game is, but it did have some fallout in the social sphere. I've been in the trenches with these guys, the social media guys. It's the one of the hardest gigs. That and the membership crew because they got a direct phone line straight to them on Monday mornings.
Speaker 1: But you actually want to buy tickets and you just hear bitching.
Speaker 2: It's so rough. All the staff at these clubs. I was one of them getting paid peanuts to just get these phone calls and cut all the tweets and all the abuse, it's all great, but social media team door they just packed her up for the third quarter and it's like damage control, How do we fix this. AFL also seem to limit their tweet their post final score tweet, which is I didn't know what to think about that one, because it's, you know, it's the community game. It's that it's owned by the people. They should have a place to vent.
Speaker 1: But that's what Rudd it's for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely don't condone negative stuff or any threats or any negative It was just.
Speaker 1: I think like there was a vision of them walking off the ground down the you know, down the race and some of the stuff that was being yelled and things like that. Like it's you know, as a as a player, you put yourself in that situation where things are not going well, and I think crips are after the game, like moments like these, you really have to stick together because you're going to be copping it from all angles. And I think after the game, walking down the race and people screaming out and yelling, Yeah, it's a it's a it's a really tough time for them at the moment to be dealing with and obviously you know, there's some goal kickings, there's you know, losses and everything else that's going on, and they're are not happy. But like you know, there's only you're the only people that can change things. You only people I can turn it around, or the players on that field whenever they go and take it. So yeah, it's just they got to you know, bond together hopefully, you know, put a smile on their face, start enjoying a bit of football somehow, you know, with obviously a lot of criticism, but i'd like to hopefully It's is crazy to how I actually feel bad. I feel bad for the Carlton fans, sorry fans, and the players to be honest, because it's it's not looking like a really nice, enjoyable situation for anyone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't be an idiot, don't be all abusive and threatening and direct with it. But I can definitely see how the fans are hurting at the moment.
Speaker 1: You can be upset, but I mean, just like, be mature about it.
Speaker 2: Oh, one hundred percent. So it's yeah, it's all around not great. And unfortunately Carlton have been in this situation numerous times over the past few years, so I don't know. It's I feel like there's going to be some fallout from this. They got Gold Coast next week at the g heading into the bar. I don't know, man, I just don't know. I pray for someone I don't even know because we like to seeing juwey you in too. So it's going to be an interesting game, a lot of heat on it for both teams. They both need wins, so let's see how that goes. But I don't know. Thirty three tackles probably going to get those numbers up to be fair. Let's jump into the Collingwood Melbourne game. Just happened. This is fresh. Is fresh. We're just out of the game. Now let's go back. We'll get to the end of the game, but let's go back to the start of the week because it's a big week for the club, big week for both clubs. Freeze m and d round King's Birthday clash always a big one. Now I want to start with a bit of good news story because Charlie Dean saw this on social media earlier in the week. Coming back training for the first time in a while. Talk us through it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Chase is training for the first time in a long while, and there was a bit of murmurs and stuff, and we're in the team meeting and all of a sudden, you know, you see one of the physios come and grab try the dean and pulls them out out of the meeting. I was like, I was a bit weird, you know. And then of course, like thirty seconds later, flies like, okay, everyone, so we're going to get a banner. Charlie's gonna run through the banner for his first training session probably back right. So everyone was in on it except for Chazz, and we all lined up, you know, either side of the banner as you do. And as soon as he walked out, you know, everyone class, some mine, cheers him on and everything else, and he really just runs straight through the banner and he was so hyped. It was so good to see. Very frustrating injury kind of you know, spell for chas I'm sure, and he's handled it with such class. It's absolute credit to him and his character. But it was great to see him finally be able to you know, other boys get around him and him get back into training and feel like, you know, he's being progressive in his rehab.
Speaker 2: That's so good to see you guys are doing a lot right on and off the field. Pregame, Neil came out, you did the guard of honor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was unique. That was I didn't really know that was going to happen until a few days before, but it was awesome. Mike, he's such an absolute legend of the game and someone who's done so well to to put this whole thing together and be the face of it, because it's not easy to be in the face of it, and it's a credit to him and only himself, but also his family and the support they've given him throughout the whole thing because beck Is now his daughter has taken over the heavy load of a lot of the speaking gigs and stuff like that because he's not able to do that. So it's pretty incredible awesome to have, you know, eighty thousand plus people clapping him as he's coming off for you know, the sacrifices he's doing and what he's being able to raise for M and D whenever he's going through at the same time. It was pretty incredible and something I'm sure he really enjoyed.
Speaker 2: And it's we always say it was so selfless for a bloke that he could just be He could have spent the last nine years just off living his life and to you know, give back and think about people in the future. It's just amazing what he's been able to do. Nine seasons, nine years of this, it's amazing. Another two point three million dollars raised. They wanted too credible by halftime they got two point three. So just another amazing year. Let's jump into the game because there is some points written down here, Mace, and there's we got to get to them. We got We've got fan questions coming up to through that out. There got a couple of the same question. Now I don't I'll let you guess which one that was about. But you did play against you the track. You did play against your old mate Brady Grundy. So first touch he got booed. Were you surprised?
Speaker 1: Not surprised? I also not everyone booner. I know there was like half and half I feel like, but I think the noise of boopot is louder than a cheer. But yeah, it's I mean, it's just part of football, you know. It's people don't like to see someone else go to a different club. And I think a lot of people are understanding of the circumstance and what happened and the way it was played out, and that's fine. That's just how you know, that's how sport is nowadays. Like you know, it's not people can say, oh, it's you know, the community stuff here and there wherever it is, but look, it's a business. It really is a business, and you know the business is trying to do what's best for the club where they see the future going, and you know decisions were made and that's you know, that's part of football. It's part of sports. So I think as players, it was kind of unique to go up against him. I didn't text him or anything before the game. I thought about it. I was I should get a little a little chat. Didn't say much. Didn't see him before the game. First time I saw him was probably in the center bounce and I lined up against him and he wouldn't look me in the eye. Solves laughing. I think it would do it. But he's a hell of a player, great, great guy on and off the field, just a good human and it was interesting playing against him.
Speaker 2: He had a couple of shots of goal, missed the first couple, but he had another one and in the super slow motion after he kicks the goal, you can see you in the background with a big grin on your face, And I was like, is that because he's happy for Brody to kick the goal or was there another reason behind it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not happy that oppositions kicking a goal, Brandon, but it was funny he took the mic I was at forur line, just kind of walk back with them, talking a bit of trash on the side, you know us usual for me, just a bit of bit of fine between myself and him, and yeah, he ended up kicking the goal, so it was he shut me up pretty quickly. But it was good finding like after the game, you know, we embraced some stuff and just had a bit of a laugh. And yeah, it's unique situation. I think, you know, five six years ago, we never really probably pictured that happening, But you know, it's kind of funny now. And I'm sure whenever we sit back once or both of our careers are done, we'll kind of have a bit of a laugher. You know, a few times we're faced off against each other.
Speaker 2: Now, I got to check the tally board because you did kick a hundred earlier, and now I think you must be edging towards two hundred because you're kicking a goal or two every game. Big old plug a Mason Cox up there. Now you kicked another goal and it looked like you were you wanted to talk shit, but the defensive unit from Melbourne kind of just turned their back and went in their huddle and you like walked right up to them and went like okay.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 2: What did he say? And then it showed the super slow replay and you said nothing.
Speaker 1: I didn't say, well, it wasn't really on them because it was a ruckman goal, so I'd pushed down on Max and that came back up. So I think they were kind of like, oh, well, it's not really my issue to be. It's a fair coll. Fair coll. But it was funny though. You go and you kick the goal and you know, not get in Max's face, but like let him know, and then we get to the cit about we just kind of luck eyes and bought just kind of chicklely smile at each other. I was like, you knew I was going to do it right.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, there was There was a few moments between you and Gorne one was on the wing where there was this massive collision.
Speaker 1: I could almos ship next each other.
Speaker 2: I almost feel it out of my place, the ground shaking.
Speaker 1: But the earthquakeer go after shock, just the two.
Speaker 2: Big slope bloks down on the ground after just colliding like big boldest. What was the feeling going into that? Did you? Were you thinking, oh, should this is another Spleen two point zero coming up here?
Speaker 1: I was. I didn't realize he was there, to be honest, I just see I wasn't. I'm looking at the ball and I'm looking at the plast to my right, and I knew there was someone in the vicinity. There's two people. I can't remember who was under us, but there's two people there, and I think he came from the other angle that I came, you know, the other side, and it went up to try to chest market and as soon as it kind of like hit me, I'll just bang. You could just feel this collision kind of like shatter and hit the ground. And I'm sitting there looking around like what the fuck do you to happen? You see looking backs and backs is like oh, and I'm like, fuck, just get up, Uily. The ball has gone past us you know where we could get up and move on with it. But yeah, no one was injured, luckily, but it was it was a decent clash.
Speaker 2: You're on the bench, goggles off, moment you're done for the day. I could almost see your packing your bag and heading for the car now. And then the umpire goes up to Darcy. Cameron's like, mate, you got a little bit of cleric coming down. You've got to get off. So they call up Madison co mates, come back to the ground. We need you back out there. So what are you thinking heading into the You got a minute left? You're heading back out onto the ground.
Speaker 1: There's about sixty seconds left. Never never have finished the game until the siren goes brain, I'm not saying that like you keep putting me in that corner of like I was just giving up, But no, I was just sitting there and you know, you kind of knew that chances you come back on the ground because we're playing a bit smaller, trying to get the you know, the ball going forward and play a bit of a pressure game with limited time on the clock and trying to get a goal. So was off and Dots was in the rock and then they kind of just sit there and I see him and they stop and I'm like, in the world. But he had had blood rule before, so he had already done it once and he comes off and I was like, no, all right, I guess let's do this again. Let's go to center bounce it. So I had to win that one, luckily go forward and then got another stoppage and then Nick Dakos kicked the goal around the corner and snapped one and it was game on.
Speaker 2: The heat was on thirty seconds left. You're thinking, we've been here before.
Speaker 1: We just had to get the cinem bounce out and unfortunately they got the clearance went back to Q and that was kind of probably too much ground to make up to get back into the forward line. But yeah, there's always a chance to leave Simon GOLs like it was a thinker kick in it. So yeah, you going into that going, okay, we need to we need to get something going here to try to get this into the forward line to give us a chance, and you unfortunately went the other way, which is not ideal. But yeah, we just couldn't. We couldn't get the game plan we wanted. I feel like throughout the whole day like it was, you know, a few miss outs here and there, but we just, you know, just maybe a step behind some of the some of the parts of the game.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, talk us through it, like, how did you see the game play out? Both teams were stifling each other offensively and it was kind of just a real grind there for a bit opened up later in the game. How did you kind of see it playing out? And was it them not letting you get it on your terms?
Speaker 1: I think like there was one point it was just like stoppage after starpage after starpage, you're sitting there going like, oh, let's like, let's get this out of this little bunch of people. But if you look at the i mean the scoreboard, like I think they had something like eighteen behind, so you look at that, and if they kick a bit straighter and stuff like that, like we were not even in this game. So they just played really well. It's credit to on. I'm like, they showed up and they gave their bust and played pretty well and pretty efficient. And I thought they were pretty clean on the day too, which definitely helped them getting through the middle and being able to access the back line. So yeah, it's a credit Tom more than anything. But yeah, unfortunately we just weren't able to get over the top of them.
Speaker 2: Now let's get into it. The question that everyone wants to know you postgame p Trucker. Words were shaped, words were shared. Did you say that he can't cook for shit? Was this like a you thing? Did you start like what was said? Everyone wants to know what was said.
Speaker 1: I'll go into it too much because we've had the conversation track and night after this, and he apologized and shook the hand. He said, apologies, you know here the moment we move on. Oh good because these you know, words are sad and whatever it is. And Maxican was sitting there between us as a captain and Melbourne and it was interesting. I didn't really expect words to be shared at the end of the game, but they were, and as it is, I'm not really offended, to be honest. He just was hyped up from the wind as you do get. And yeah, we move on.
Speaker 2: Max Gon played Peacekeeper pretty well.
Speaker 1: He was in. But it's like Maximum, myself and Brodie, like all the bigs, you know, I've got a bit of love for each other. So it's like you respect whenever, like they kind of are like, all right, I'll be in between this, like you're not gonna sit there and go a punch of maxic on or anything like that, because he's kind of the mate.
Speaker 2: I do love. My favorite thing is when you get the full peacock chest up. But you know that you can look down on pretty much ninety nine percent of players in the league, So that's always find it prick pricks my interest when I see that coming out. Now, let's jump into a few fan questions because I put it out there. I said, last chance to get the big unit before he goes on break. So we got from Taylor, why'd you pick number forty six?
Speaker 1: Forty six was given to me. I never picked it. So forty six is a reminder of me of where I started and where no one gave me an opportunity probably to ever make it in this game. So it's a reminder every day going into the club to show how far you've come.
Speaker 2: So you liked the high number.
Speaker 1: I like the high number.
Speaker 2: He a bit disappointed that Brandon Maynard gave his high number away for a number four.
Speaker 1: Jeremy Howse still over there with me. He's been around for a while, so he refuses to give it up.
Speaker 2: Respect for the high number jacks over there too. I love the high numbers, Travis. This is a great question. Wants to know. Were the boys sick because there was a lot about it throughout the week and from all reports about half the blocks turned up for training because the other half were crook.
Speaker 1: No excuses for us losing for us of all credit, that's not the question. They played a really good game, but there was a bit of sickness going around the club. I'd COVID this week, so that was fun.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty well, I think a few, Like there's a couple other boys. I want to say, they were quite sick, and we did have minimal numbers at the first training session this week. But like I said, there's no excuses from our side. It's it's part of football. Like these things happen, and sometimes whenever it gets into a club, it just kind of goes rampant because everyone's hanging out near each other, everyone's lifting the same weight. It's like it just kind of ends up going through the whole place. So it was it was a unique I guess lead up to the game that makes sense.
Speaker 2: You're got to get on the Vita gummies or something down at the club because you've boys have been six in round one.
Speaker 1: I don't have a full spleen anymore because of that, and that's the one thing that kind of helps you get back to normal.
Speaker 2: So every week bloody ah dice sick pendus see everyone's sick.
Speaker 1: We got to.
Speaker 2: Figure off should clean the place? Just clean the whole place for the week off meat pies. I think I know your answer to this, but Jesse wants to know what your thought on.
Speaker 1: Dog shit, So I think the reason is though, and this is the same thing with Veggie might right. Someone gave me a very bad first experience, so it's forever bad in my eyes because my first experience was a cold meat piet the footy in Geelong whenever they're playing North Melbourne. Very first experience in Australia. It was like cold, almost like rock hard in the middle and I tried as much tomato sauce as I could on the top of it. It couldnt get that feeling and that disgusting taste out of my mouth.
Speaker 2: Favorite celebration you've had so far postgame A post goal that's by Charlie.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people bring up the cat class. That's a good one, but I think the little Peter Pan like you know, point after kicking one from fifty probably up there for the year. A few others, but yeah, that's the one. I think that's the one that sticks out the most.
Speaker 2: It's a newly bit of goodie. Your favorite AFL team theme song outside of the Collingwood theme song that's by Leslie.
Speaker 1: Fun fact about theme songs for clubs, almost ninety percent of them American bands wouldn't believe it? What about do your research? It's truth.
Speaker 2: Brisbane is the games.
Speaker 1: All the new teams not really but you got obviously WUS and in Brisbane all that, but the older older teams all American like for like World War Two hymns and stuff. Very interesting, well, fun fact for the people out there. Yes, I know something about NFL.
Speaker 2: You don't, do you know Richmond's originally.
Speaker 1: Well no, I don't care.
Speaker 2: But row row row right down the river we will go, go go.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that song.
Speaker 2: That's a banger.
Speaker 1: It's a banger. Now my favorite Jimmus is kind of funny. I find that one just kind of hilarious. But big big sound. Yeah, the big big sound from the west of the town. But Richmonds, I really like you mentioned. I think Richmonds is cool because whenever I hear their theme song, what I think of is them running out the drums playing the banner. It's kind of a cool experience I feel like for them whenever they run out to the ground and unique to any other club. And I think that's probably one of the reasons I like the actual theme song.
Speaker 2: It's all the yellow and black, it's all the Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's cool too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when that started, what's the worst?
Speaker 1: Check it positive person struggles a bit. I mean, whenever you name your team the Dockers and come on.
Speaker 2: Let's jump into the next one. How do you keep your goggles from fugging up? That one's from Kendall, very very custom.
Speaker 1: So the goggles have like the lenses have holes drilled in them in different areas so that you know, like there's a bit of ventilation that comes through a lot of R and D research and development with the people in call like iceports dot Comdo you check them out? They're the ones that do my goggles. Absolute legends they're.
Speaker 2: Doing all right. Now you've given them a few.
Speaker 1: Man, they've made me that many lenses, like, it's such a I'm seriously so much credit goes to them, them helping me out. But yeah, I've got different kind of unique like holes and slits and start to make sure that don't fire up.
Speaker 2: What's your biggest fear. I'm going to butcher this name. I think it's kneeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm Fred of Heights, Fred of heights and needles.
Speaker 2: Remember the big chair when you sat on the chair and took that that mini hang, were you freaking out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: A bit light headed?
Speaker 2: It felt like Drake on his album Use Now. This one's a nice one. This is the last question. It's from It's Bella. What's on for the break heading into the bubble.
Speaker 1: I've gone to Bali waiting for your reaction. I'm just literally I've booked in like three or four days just to like chill out at a spa, relax, just being warm weather, sit by the pool, do nothing. That is my version of a holiday.
Speaker 2: Making a start of work for it.
Speaker 1: Funny to update my whereabouts Actually a good point. Thank you, Brayden.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's it for the questions. That's it for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Thanks everyone for us and the questions and always happy to help and appreciate everyone listening.
Speaker 2: Now we've got to say a serious on a serious note, prayers up for Basher. Oh yes, that's he's unfortunately been involved in a car accident, broke his palvis which can't tickle, but hopefully it looks like he's going to be fine, So prayers up and wishing you all the best for recovery.
Speaker 1: Absolute legend of a fellow to It's our half year break.
Speaker 2: How we see how we seeing the podcast, how we seeing the performance from the Collingwood football clubs.
Speaker 1: Going really well? We've only lost two games in the calleing football club side of things, so okay. But yeah, from the podcast, Sie man, it's been awesome. It's been great everyone listening in. We really appreciate seriously, absolute legends. The community we're growing here has been awesome to be a part of, and it continues the gross to continue to tell your friends and family and everyone else. I can't tell you how many people have come up and said, I love the podcast, are so cool to see you doing what you're doing and all that. And there's a lot of people have come up to me too, and they're like, you're that guy from TikTok. I'm like, oh, yeah, I also play football. They're like, no, no, the guy from TikTok. And I'm like, okay, word. But it's been amazing, absolutely love it. What's your what's your thoughts on it?
Speaker 2: People are damning is saying, like I shared it with my family and friends, I'm ramming it down their throat, which we really appreciate. Keep ramming it, get it in there. So yeah, we really appreciate it. We really appreciate all the shares, the comments, the lux Yeah, cowing up. Yeah, it's very fun.
Speaker 1: All right, before you got here, that mad respect for track, love you. I gotta put that in. There been a kiss FM beef in here, been a kiss FN beef between the two of us. Yeah. So it's it's good fun and we are out for the week. I'm off to Balie jet setting, see ya.
Speaker 2: I'm not off the men it stand.
Speaker 3: Its meaned sand