Speaker 1: Laura, come on here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello everyone, girls, Hello everybody. Happy Monday, Happy Monday.
Speaker 1: Do you know what else today is? No one cares that I care. I know what day it is. It's my wedding anniversary.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 2: Two years ago at about this time, I was stuffed into a limousine with my daughters and too many women and a dog. And then I was walking down the aisle to marry my beautiful husband.
Speaker 1: Were you in a limo? Did we even see? I don't think it was No, Yeah, we were. We were in a stretching mode behind us. I'm glad you spend money on that. We don't even remember it.
Speaker 2: It's so like a stretch limo. It's it's a bit lame together. But two years ago I was crap in the.
Speaker 1: Back of a car with the kids stretch Hm, I who do I think? I am?
Speaker 2: So we we're not anniversary. People like my husband and I were very bad with dates, like we forget everything that's important, and I'd forgotten that it was our wedding anniversary, and so would he. And this morning I was sitting on the toilet and he walked into the bathroom to take his retainers out and put them into the little glass thing next to the sink and he comes over and I was like, oh, you're a bit close for me sitting on the loop and he kisses me on the forehead and goes, happy anniversary, sweetheart.
Speaker 1: Two years in. That's where we're at. It's really do you know what else is? Let down fellous? No, Actually it was mean.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, the only person who's in my wedding video that we don't see anymore is your ex boyfriend Minch break It's like, there's always someone who falls by the wayside.
Speaker 4: You invited him?
Speaker 1: Shame you mean Usore? I invited him?
Speaker 5: Can you use a I to just remove him from it? Surely there's technology that exist to.
Speaker 3: Remove You can put other people's faces on put just put like, who's your Hall pass again, Jason Momoa, Jason, Jason, That will not work.
Speaker 1: But Jason Momoa's face on him would still would.
Speaker 4: If Jason.
Speaker 5: Welcome to a Monday pick up everyone next on the show. Who would have thought Raygun doing a you know Raygun from the Olympics.
Speaker 1: You both look shocked, not shocked at all, shocked that we're talking about.
Speaker 5: Her, but yes, breakdownser Well, it's because she's just popped up at a stadium Marina tour over the weekend.
Speaker 4: She went, I'm that famous. I can do a whole stadium tour.
Speaker 1: She is that famous now, yeah, I do agree.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's been caught up with a pop star on stage. I mean cold player in town?
Speaker 4: Who could it be? Or Tea next? You're on the pickup Welcome right now, it's time for listen, pick up. I've got stories, new stories, girls, you're ready.
Speaker 1: All the stories?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's been happening in the world. I do it every Monday. I bring you to the big stories at the weekend. You decide if we pick them up, we carry on the.
Speaker 4: Conversation into the week or we put it down. We just stopped talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the pickup, put down.
Speaker 4: That's right, let's go pick up, put down.
Speaker 5: Girls, Ray Gun performing with our friend Tones and I over the weekend.
Speaker 1: What I say, pick it up.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen the performance, but I love that she's making the most of her situation. She's so uber famous now, like there's no one in the world that doesn't know who she is. If you can get up and break dance with Tones and I, I think you're doing pretty well. We love Tones and I on this show, but I feel very ambivalent towards the whole thing. I just like it feels like it just keeps on coming around and coming around, the whole Raygun conversation.
Speaker 4: It also felt like it just came up out of nowhere. This is the moment. It happened at the concert. Have a listen.
Speaker 5: Now she's doing the yeah now the koala.
Speaker 2: Very random, but it's I mean, like I think she's she's done very well to make something out of what happened at the Olympics. Like she's you know, she's very much and center of the pop culture news cycle. But even the other day, she was on the project saying that she was retiring, and then all of a sudden, she's on stage with Tones and I.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, she didn't say she's retiring. She said she's not going to do the big competitive dance. She's we're never going to see her at the Olympics again. But she said she's going to continue to dance and have fun with the communities and stuff like that, Like who cares?
Speaker 1: Let the girl live for how a news? How is her retiring for competing?
Speaker 2: And also it's no longer at the Olympics anyway, so that you can't compete at the Olympics in break dancing because it was the one year only thing.
Speaker 1: So like, how is that even new?
Speaker 4: Read some of the news publications. How is anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. Sorry, you know what I mean. Yeah, we talk about like fart and in public and stuff. Last week was well coming up next.
Speaker 4: To talk about a penguin pigmy hipper moo dang, remember right? Pick up? Put down? Girls.
Speaker 5: Female artists dominating the twenty twenty five Grammy nominations over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Pick it up, I mean, obviously pick it up. It's who is at t Swift, Beyonce.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's not even really it's Charlie the ex dominated Billie Eilish absolutely dominated. Beyonce had the most nominations at eleven this year Album of the Year. Six of the eight are all from female artists. That's amazing, and Best Pop Vocal Album and Best Solo Performance only have female nominees.
Speaker 4: No man, not all.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I'm about it. I think this is the world that I want to see. Has it been like what was? I mean?
Speaker 2: Probably not one knows that the stats like, how different is it to last year's searched today?
Speaker 4: Sorry, so please, for the love of God, don't.
Speaker 1: Well, we're making advances in every happening.
Speaker 4: I pick up, put down.
Speaker 5: This is a very interesting story, Mattel's Wicked movie dolls accidentally linking a porn site on their packages.
Speaker 1: I'll put it down, so surely not. Someone's got to be in trouble for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The barcode on the back of the Wicked doll, the Ariana Grande as Glinda, the Goodwich doll. The barcode if you scan on your phone takes you to Wicked, which is a female only porn site.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Someone is shocked.
Speaker 4: And as of this moment it still stands.
Speaker 3: But that this a company is a big Mattel. This can't be just going past one person. It can't be just one person's job to figure out this link, this barcode and get it printed on like, surely that's going through one.
Speaker 5: Persons all Wicked dot com. And they assumed that was Wicked, that would be Wicked. They thought that the domain would have been brought by Universal Pictures, when in fact Wicked is a lesbian only porn site.
Speaker 3: But your job is to check you don't just assume anything that big.
Speaker 1: Guys, I'm speechless about this.
Speaker 2: This to me is I mean, like everyone makes mistakes at work, some people's mistakes are bigger than others. And some people are linking a porn site to a kid. I mean, it's not funny.
Speaker 1: It's very bad.
Speaker 4: It's not funny at all.
Speaker 1: It's really bad. No, there's a lot of lawsuits in that, especially because it's in America.
Speaker 4: I did watch some of those videos.
Speaker 1: They were quite theatrical, though, were they do they sing?
Speaker 4: My production quality?
Speaker 2: They sing?
Speaker 4: But think it's not that different way.
Speaker 1: The good thing about is that there's always a storyline.
Speaker 2: No, okay, we left your hanging there big time, all of us all right.
Speaker 4: Next on the show, Oh, changing pace a little bit, don't we?
Speaker 1: Well we are.
Speaker 2: It's something that everyone's talking about, these new legislations that are coming out about raising the age of kids on social media. It's apparently changed into the age of sixteen, and I think widely people think it's a really good thing. But you know, there's definitely some people who feel differently about it. We have some thoughts on this coming up next on the pick Up, So last Thursday, there was some pretty big news that was announced in Parliament. Now we're not normally your political radio show, that's for sure, but it's something that we've been talking about a lot, and that is Anthony Abernezi. He has announced that they're going to raise the age for kids using social media in Australia. So currently that age sits at thirteen and it's increasing to sixteen and sometime in the next year, the policies and the legislation around it is going to be passed. Now when I first saw this, I, like everybody else, thought this is an amazing, amazing idea, and I shared it on social media because I was like, blanket, like, that is such a great thing to be put through, because I think we're all very very aware of the horrible effects that social media has on our kids, and I think as a parent, every parent feels like, how do I protect my children from the online world, and so raising the age seems like the suitable answer.
Speaker 1: So I shared it on social media.
Speaker 2: And I was really really surprised by the mixed bag of reaction that I received. A lot of people said it was incredible, but a lot of people really raise the question as to whether that this was actually going to be a great reform, whether it's going to have any impact at all. And some of these people were individuals who work within e safety with children online. So I did a bit of research and I wanted to have the conversation with you guys because I really don't know how I feel about it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The debate that's being had is simply that kids are going to find a work around, right, Like if a kid wants to be on social media, if a fifteen year old, if that's all their friends, if that's where they are and that's where they're discussing stuff. If a fifteen year old wants to get on social media or a fourteen year old, they're going to find a way to do it, especially because what Anthony Abernezi has come out and said is that there isn't going to be any consequences for the kids or for the parents if a child has found out to be online.
Speaker 1: Right, so they're going to do it anywy.
Speaker 2: But by doing it, doesn't that then mean that we're creating an environment where kids aren't supposed to be online, so they're lying to their parents and then if something really dangerous happens, like someone sends photos they shouldn't or they're getting bullied online, that they'll be too scared to talk to their parents about what's happening on that platform because we've created an environment where they shouldn't be on there in the first place.
Speaker 1: I'm for it.
Speaker 3: Personally, I don't agree that this blanket ban is the right way to go, but I like the initiative and I like the fact that the conversation has started, and it will start worldwide now with governments all over the place, because it is going to set a precedence. It is going to make conglomerates like metas stand up and say, okay, what are we going to do?
Speaker 1: Who is going to take the responsibility? And changes will be made. So I think for.
Speaker 3: Now it's a band aid and a conversation startup, and I think what's going to happen? Laura like the way I see it is when you say, Okay, kids are going to do it anyway.
Speaker 1: Of course they are.
Speaker 3: They're going to drink anyway, They're going to do drugs anyway, and they're going to be having sex anyway. Like these are all things that people are going to do, But it doesn't mean that something has to be allowed or legal just because they're going to do it. It's just hard because there's no actual repercussions. The repercussions are coming from currently, the proposal is that they'll come from meta and the meta will be fine.
Speaker 1: That's where that's what the part I don't understand is right.
Speaker 2: So it's a very different looks when you think about drinking or drugs or anything else. If you're an adult and you're supplying alcohol to a kid, you get fined five thousand dollars. If you're supplying cigarettes to a kid, you get fined five thousand dollars. But here it's like, hey, this is a new rule, but nobody there's no rules, Like, there's no actual consequences to the rules.
Speaker 1: I can't see a world where it's going to work, is my problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I also think, like to your point, kids are going to do it. I don't know about YouTube, but I grew up with the Internet. I had internet in high school.
Speaker 1: You do know about us Mith, You know we didn't have it?
Speaker 5: No, I.
Speaker 4: We had a dial, Yeah, yeah, you got.
Speaker 1: I had a miss and HX location, I had.
Speaker 4: ASL too, had Habo hotel, I had at all.
Speaker 5: But My point is I actually think some of the owners needs to be on literacy.
Speaker 1: For the parents hundred I agree woheartedly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think need to be educated.
Speaker 5: My mom doesn't know how to plug in an HDMI cable, let alone know if I, at the age of fourteen, was on an app talking to random men.
Speaker 1: I agree with that, but I disagree as well.
Speaker 3: You cannot completely put the blame on parents to know what their kids are doing twenty four hours a day when they exist in a world like the Internet.
Speaker 1: That is a dark place where anything can go down.
Speaker 3: I know how the Internet and social media affects me as a well educated, adjusted, worldly adult, and I have been trolled and bully to the point that I have not been okay. So what is a thirteen to sixteen year old feeling at that age if I know I wasn't okay? And I think this is where the discussion comes in, because if meta's going to be being fined, the whole idea is to push them to a point where they're like, Okay, we can't constantly be being fined millions and millions of dollars. We have to figure out a way that these kids can't be online. And I think that that is where this discussion is going.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I mean there's so many layers to it. I feel like maybe.
Speaker 2: We need to get a child psychologist or someone on who who knows a bit more about this and whether this is something that's actually going to be beneficially as we think it is.
Speaker 5: Well, we can do it for I mean tomorrow, we can get that on. We can try and get a psychologist on and it works with kids. Let's try for that. Well, we'll touch back on that tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I wanted to talk to you guys today about something that I'm facing internally in an expistential crisis.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have become so lazy, and not lazy in the sense of like, oh, of my energy levels.
Speaker 1: That's great, I exercise every day.
Speaker 3: I love that lazy and just like the effort I put into myself. And I don't know if it's because I'm in this long distance relationship. So I was like, I don't go home to any one and I don't have to impress anyone.
Speaker 1: But I had this moment the other day.
Speaker 3: I had an event on that I was going to and I was wearing a dress that had my legs out, but I had long sleeves, and I was so lazy that I just tanned my legs with a fake tan and then tanned my face and tanned my hands, and that is it like the only bare minimum of skin that was going to be on show. And then when I got naked, I looked at myself. I was like a top deck chocolate. I was like half white patches there everywhere.
Speaker 2: This feels me with so much joy because I'm like, welcome to the dark side.
Speaker 1: I gave up years ago, Like I feel like I've been there for so long. Finally you've joined me.
Speaker 4: Do you do the same thing for forever?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll only fake tan if there's like a thing that I have to go to.
Speaker 3: And I'm also a bit of italiany though, so your skins remains olive, whereas I am so sun safe that I go see through.
Speaker 2: I agree with you that I've got a little bit of color, but like it's not good. But I went when we went to the Logis recently, I hadn't fake tanns at all, and my makeup art is basically just painted my arms with this like temporary tan stuff that was full of glow and everything else. So I don't even look like me. I look like a fake human because I look like a mannequin. I'm so painted. But no, my thing is I'm so lazy. I don't like showering of an evening, which will probably discuss a lot of people.
Speaker 1: It's lazy. That's just some hygienie.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just like, I go to bed really late, it's like eleven thirty usually because I get back on my laptop and I do work. So come eleven thirty, I don't want to be wet. I don't want to go to bed with wet hair.
Speaker 1: You different kind.
Speaker 3: So I.
Speaker 2: Just put my feet in the sink and I washed my feet so my feet are clean.
Speaker 5: That's my lady, so before and it's it's it's considering how well off you are in life.
Speaker 4: Know you are. That's discussing.
Speaker 3: But it's also not that's not lazy because it actually takes more effort to whak your feet up into a little sink and wash them and dry.
Speaker 1: Just get in the shower and clean yourself.
Speaker 2: Disagree, I've got another tip for you. Kids love it. So I'll sit on the edge of the bath where my kids are having a bath, and I'll put my feet in and then my three year old's like, Mummy, I'll wash your feet. She washes her feet. Three year olds to wash my feet.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I love that child labor. I think there, wash mommy's feet.
Speaker 4: She loves it.
Speaker 5: Like, get that tone her clipper, mommy, and just clip mums.
Speaker 2: Sorry, could you get that dry bit of skin off the side there?
Speaker 1: It's just shave it.
Speaker 5: We're clearly creating a safe space because Amanda's called Amanda. Do you have a something that that's you know, shows how lazy you are? Yeah?
Speaker 3: When I want something, oh, say something to my husband.
Speaker 6: Oh maybe like a what it would.
Speaker 1: Be nice and you'll just get up and get Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've trained him so well, lazy and manipulative.
Speaker 1: Great is he on me?
Speaker 4: Is he on to you? Or he just loves you? It's devoted.
Speaker 3: I think he is onto me.
Speaker 1: But have you have you.
Speaker 3: Tried saying oh, Bentley would be nice or the male dives would be nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, I don't want to push it.
Speaker 5: Yes, smart stick with a sparkling and what about you, Nikola, h you're way lazy.
Speaker 6: It's actually not me. It's my boyfriend. So he last November he was like my family is so lazy that I'm going to keep the tree up and I'll prove a point to you that they're going to keep it up. And it's November now, so it's wally been to prove a point to me.
Speaker 1: I've never actually known people joke about it.
Speaker 3: I've never actually known someone in real life to leave a Christmas tree up the entire year.
Speaker 1: That's wild. It does come in handy come November.
Speaker 4: I have eleven months. I used to go to Naomi Benson's house as a kid.
Speaker 5: I remember it vividly, and she put a bed sheet her and you'd walk in and you'd be like, is that actually Christmas tree? Yeah, I'm like okay, And then in November pulled it off and it was already to go.
Speaker 2: That she covers it because otherwise it would be dusty and people would know it's old.
Speaker 4: Chloe's cold. We are guys. It's just like therapy, Chloe. Why are you lazy?
Speaker 6: Lazy in the sense that I will plan an outfit based on whether or not I need to shave.
Speaker 2: My legs good I like that, Or you can just embrace it and wear whatever and accept that your legs are hairy.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 3: I'm so lazy that I wear the same thing for like five days in a row. If I've worn something, I'll just take it off at night and put it on it in my bed, and I just wake up the next same and put it back on.
Speaker 4: We've noticed.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm still I'm not offended, miss, I'm embracing.
Speaker 4: It's a good thing. It's a good's sustainable.
Speaker 1: Yes, thank you.
Speaker 2: Maybe just we all collectively need to care less and then it will be fine.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's try that that bodes with the bosses.
Speaker 2: Al Right, everyone care less, Flora, MAT's like, no, do less and be hairyer.
Speaker 1: We'll be happier.
Speaker 4: All right, Well let's start now. We're going home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see you guys. I care less you tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It was Joe. It was funny, Will and what do you care about?
Speaker 5: You a lot more to the way to drive you home, and we'll see you tomorrow and see everyone by you guys.
Speaker 1: I gotta go wash my feet.