Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms.
Speaker 2: This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, tenth of November. Guys.
Speaker 3: Hi, today we're talking about new chain mail. Chain mail still exists. I'm telling a story that if you have followed me in any capacity for the last seven years, you would know this story. I've dold this out like you can't even mentioned, but it never gets old to me, so I'm gonna share it again.
Speaker 1: Please be listening.
Speaker 3: If you have heard me say it, please DM me afterwards at Frooms. Also how to flirt like a bartender according to a bartender. Have a lovely weekend, guys, here's a potty enjoy This is Flex and Frooms. I'm Kita our producer Mickey. What's it called when someone is like not die hard, but like ever loving. Micky's just always finding us the best content.
Speaker 2: That's really nice for me. Thank you, Thank you for that reassurance.
Speaker 3: And she's come across the TikTok about a uniquely Australian experience or we're gonna discuss if it's uniquely Australian about what you do after a night out.
Speaker 1: Mickey, please play the tape.
Speaker 2: Can someone tell me if This is like an Australian thing, or the universal experience walking to.
Speaker 3: Get your car the next day after you've I'm still drunk, but after you've gone out.
Speaker 1: This is an Australian thing.
Speaker 2: But it's just a worldly things drunk, she did.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 4: Feel like it might be and I've not done it personally, but I've heard so many people I'm gonna go pick up my car, gonna go a what was your plan?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is a post this is a post uber world as well. This is not not talking nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: It's a really grim experience because you're when you're in the moment, you're like, whatever, I've just pick it up, tomorrow's problem. Then you have to bloody go and get it.
Speaker 4: I guess I don't really drink, and I got my license at twenty sevens. Maybe that's why I don't let.
Speaker 1: Miss this core experience. Nicky, have you done it a few times a few times?
Speaker 2: But I think why so uniqueliched, at least for me, is because my friends and I would live like cut two minutes drive from each other, but there would be like no transport that would be easy enough for me to get home. Was this when you were to get to my friends, like when I was like eighteen, Like it'd be like I either get the bus that's thirty minutes because it goes around the block fifty times, or I drive there for three minutes, right, I mean that's just.
Speaker 4: You were set up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like that's just an Australian thing that we're all so far APAs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and all.
Speaker 2: Our transport so we're always driving getting.
Speaker 3: Down the roads in Maritime, all my friends lived, Every single friend lived at least half an hour away from me.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't have a single friend in my suburb.
Speaker 4: Maybe that would be also the Yeah, people really should live next to their friends, but we make that happen. There's got to be a life, So it doesn't make sense that you have to be states or even more than fifteen minutes away from your friends.
Speaker 2: Even fifteen minutes able to walk to your friend and around trip.
Speaker 1: Truly, I have.
Speaker 3: That now where I live a lot of my mates and you just become really close to them.
Speaker 1: Und Py Shoppy.
Speaker 4: I do like the incidental friendship stuff, which is great for building bonds.
Speaker 1: That's if we create a cult, that's where we will all be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if our international listeners want to weigh in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, on the compound, we are having realizations. They come at us so rapidly. I mentioned last week that I'm getting back into meditating because I've expressed it from me before that I don't think I have a busy mind. It's actually quite empty in there, and I like to think situationally, so I thought, I don't need to meditate because my mind's not really busy. But then it dawned on me that a lot of what happens before I'm trying to sleep is that my mind starts not racing, but just like thoughts prop up and I would regard them as like a creative process of mind, like, oh, this is so cool. Let me just spend the next hour writing down all these amazing thoughts. Though it's really happening. Is that I'm not giving myself enough time in the day to not be stimulated to just think what I was meditating. One of the things that came up is this idea that I don't think we take life seriously enough in the sense that we make things feel serious, right like we make work feel serious, we make relationships feel serious, but life like the idea of being alive and not really being sure if we get to come back again. I don't think we take seriously enough, and I think we act like we are like guaranteed to be here for a long time and guarantee to have the best case scenario just happened, because who would hurt us? We're just such pretty princess little girls, you know. And I was thinking, you know, like, if someone would ask you who you are and you couldn't say your job, what would you say and really feel and mean? Right? That was point number one and point number two. I say a lot, and I fall into this category of a lot is that I constantly think in the future, and I think aspirationally. So I'm doing all of these things now to arrive at a destination in five years when I have of this kind of hobby or this kind of work life balance or this kind of whatever. But the decisions that I make every day determine whether or I'll even get there. And I don't think I can truly clock how serious that is because in my head, I just look, I'll end up places like, oh yeah, I do that, I hard I do hard work, and I'm like, I, you know, make connections or whatever. But I'm like, I don't really think. I'm really clocking that if I don't actively work towards the person that I want to be in five years, I just don't get there. And that's how people get to the end of their life or a midlife crisis for example, and feel really hard on themselves, because once you get to fifty, the life in front of you is far short than the life behind you, and so someddening you're working on overdrive, I imagine, be like, Damn, I really thought by this age I would be somewhere. I really thought by this age I would have done this. And it's like, yeah, exactly, so why didn't you do it? Like when was it going to happen? I reckon.
Speaker 3: Some people are just predisposed of feeling like even if they did everything, they start winging out about it being over. So therefore they retro expectively go oh, I should have done this when I did this, Well, you did what you wanted at the time.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing I feel like, speaking for myself, I don't know if I take full responsibility of what I want, Like a lot of what I want is informed by what looks good. It would be the good thing to want. Do you know what I mean? Because the alternative is to want the bad thing and have everybody around you be like what is wrong with you? But like what is wrong with you? You'll true anyway. I meditate, guys, because there's something something happens.
Speaker 1: Flex and frims on Keda.
Speaker 3: I've got some tips on how to flirt. According to a thirty five year old bi sexual bartender, it's someone living in Tribeca. They think that it's important to flirt, and being flirting with a bartender is probably a good way to loose yourself.
Speaker 1: Up for a date.
Speaker 4: Who's this thirty five year old?
Speaker 1: Are some random person from Tribeca?
Speaker 4: Well, this is like a blog.
Speaker 1: This was them talking to the cut Oh okay, got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's actually saying that it's probably a good way to love yourself up for a date. As we know, a lot of dates do partake in a barteen environment.
Speaker 1: Number one, don't.
Speaker 3: Give your life story when you're flirting with someone. Try and be alluring and keep it low key on the surface.
Speaker 1: I couldn't agree more. Two.
Speaker 3: Eye contact really works, but make us subtle. Don't be aggressive with the eyes, don't stare, don't be scary, but let them catch you checking out and then look away quickly. This is an art, ladies and gentlemen, and nothing hits differently when you start realizing when you're thinking about it too hard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if I ever suddenly looked at someone and looked away and it's been clocked.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I say it, I do it, and I say it you suddenly look at people?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and vice versa.
Speaker 4: When you're on a date, oh, when you're on a date, or like when you didn't say when you're on a date. Solo floating tips Yeah, yeah, like when I'm a date of course, Like okay, okay, let's say I'm friends with someone and what could happen?
Speaker 1: It's like giving little flooty.
Speaker 3: Looks okay, three light tip, which they say frustrate men. Just a simple touch will make them want to sleep with you. That's unverified. And if you're in a same sex situation, woman on a woman, a little let me just move your.
Speaker 1: Hair to the side and assess how they take it.
Speaker 4: It feels like parental.
Speaker 3: It does a bit, doesn't it. I don't condone these tips. I just found them on the internet for don't get too drunk especially if it's a first date. I think that's a fantastic It's a fantastic point two more, five pick up their tab.
Speaker 1: Could not agree less be Cindy on their first day. Guys and six, no boring texts.
Speaker 3: If you're going to text them see tonight at seven, don't just say see tonight it seven with xlamation mark. Put a bit of emoji in and put a bit of flavor and a bit of context, a bit of fun. You're never too much and chire you are, yeah, with flexing prems, okada.
Speaker 4: I've been using computers for the last I don't know, thirty years. Within that span, then you've experienced chain letters. And people assumed they died with hot mail, but they are very much still alive. So we have I mean, I'm going to assume you know what a chain letter is, but if you don't, it's a message that you receive via your phone or your email or your DMS that pressures you to pass on or forward the message to your contacts or your digital network. Why does that sound professional? It's not. It's like it's spam. But yeah, there are different types of chain letters. There are like wealth chain letters. If you afford like pyramid scheme vibes. They are a humor change, like send this for a good vibe. It's funny. There are luck chains. If you don't send this, you'll get bad luck. There's also like panic inducing ones. But the new one that's come up is this manifestation one on TikTok, which is this idea that if you watch this seven second video and claim it, something good will happen to you, usually in the realm of romance and love and whatever it might be.
Speaker 3: I was a big chain email girly back in the day. My hotmail was listen to the Littlest Price all with underscores underneath, which one the way I thought I ate with that email? I thought I ate, I like no crumbs, listen to the Littlest I was witty since birth, thank you ron watch Anyway, I was deeper on the computer since grade three, and I remember seeing chain mail, like from my cousin and her older friends because they would come from the country and stay with me and go in the computer room. And at the risk of telling a story that I've told literally five times in my career so far, and I've only been talking for about seven years, this is the World's Worst Willie.
Speaker 1: Have you guys heard it? I don't know if you've told it with a time while you've been here. Okay, I'll tell it one time.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: If you've been listening to this podcast since it literally was conceived early.
Speaker 4: Last year, do I cut you off? If I've heard it?
Speaker 1: Okay, I would hope that.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, it'd be a quick one year three, two thousand and three, my cousin comes over, she's like eighteen, stays over and she's talking to her boyfriend on the computer, probably AOL or something. Anyway, she leaves, and I go look at my folder of frog pictures on the computer. I have a folder because sometimes the internet isn't working. A folder full of frogs, right, I just go look at the frogs. I was getting up to my parents to buy me some tree frogs, which okay. Anyway, I go to open and look at my frogs and I double click on and O god, this one's called the World's Worst Willie. Like, what could this frog be? I double click on it and it's a picture of micro Oh, you told the storm.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: The World's West Willie was from a chain email. So I'm glad I had another opportunity to share.
Speaker 1: This story takes seriously.
Speaker 3: If you have small children around, be careful what you say on the computer. This is two thousand and three, guys, it's still happening twenty years on.
Speaker 1: You're with flexive frioms. Okater, it's my favorite tom of the week. It is none another. Then drum roll playing.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 1: Let's go NICKI. What's the thing today? Babe?
Speaker 2: The theme for the quiz today is songs to get ready to before the night out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Era or just vibes.
Speaker 2: This is from my personal y pump up playlist?
Speaker 1: Can I just have real quick before we start? Two guesses of who's on it?
Speaker 2: No, no, let's not do But if you want to write it down on a piece of paper and then show me after you can, all right on it, but don't.
Speaker 1: Support you at anything.
Speaker 4: I won't look. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't want to look for me when you're ready? Ready? Okay? O? Three? Oh, Katie?
Speaker 4: Three O three you almost almost like there's two more digits. Three it's three O H exclamation mark, great fantastic And my first kiss when a little like.
Speaker 1: What's it called my first kiss?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: You said okay, sorry for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, number the last thing.
Speaker 1: You'll be a competitive, cheating, delicious Beyonce.
Speaker 4: It's just by Destney Child.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's this is your game?
Speaker 2: Game? Okay, number three?
Speaker 1: Play again?
Speaker 4: Am I A? I'm not gonna get it? Was that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: For me? You're on?
Speaker 1: Can you name the song on paper playing?
Speaker 2: No, it's the other one, the other song, that song that people remember?
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 1: Micky come around?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 1: The way I pulled that out of my ask.
Speaker 4: I thought we don't give half points either, so unfortunately.
Speaker 1: You didn't know what you didn't know. First, kiss his name?
Speaker 4: Anyway, I said my first kiss, I sang it said, ruth a right?
Speaker 1: How many more? Mickey? We got two more? Okay, cool, I'm still in it. Kiss it better? Scissor, No, it was wrong that fella though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kiss me more? Yeah by Doja Cat and Scissor Wow.
Speaker 1: Flex three Yeah, so I would see me right anyway? We continue?
Speaker 2: Okay, this is the last one.
Speaker 1: This is pandering to flex in this one.
Speaker 4: Okay, what do you mean?
Speaker 1: Playlist tape?
Speaker 4: Don't get for loser? It's not good.
Speaker 2: Okay, next week I'll do throwback hits for the two thousand and one throw your phone okay, number five.
Speaker 1: I was busy boys, Charlie sex great.
Speaker 4: How does it feel to get one?
Speaker 1: Amazing couple? The shots fin on the Friday?
Speaker 3: What did you?
Speaker 2: What did you think was in my playlist streaming?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I was all right, Nicki Minaj and Jue Lipa and it could have been, could be.
Speaker 2: You know, it could have been, And I think there is, but not the songs I picked today.
Speaker 1: You get trade, Yeah, of course I do, Babe, I have one brain. Today. You've been listening to The Flex and Froom's daily podcast.
Speaker 2: For more, tune in de cater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio