Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Podcast Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three The Christian o'connall Breakfast Show All Request Friday Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Hey, good morning, Happy Friday everyone. It is the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show Show number thirty eight. Uh. You know, sometimes you go to the beach, if you have a look at the flags, you see a red one rage and you just think, Goda, be careful, I'm raising one right now.
Speaker 3: To do with poor Patsy Pat to the shark in the water?
Speaker 2: Is she no? She said she don't. Poor pats isn't feeling very well. And I saw her normally she's so friendly before the show. Today's she I went, hey, Pat show the storming down the cord or like some kind of matron, and I was like, whoa get out of Pat's way today?
Speaker 3: No one messed well, likely she's in quarantine behind the four layers of glass, literally four l a glass between us and here.
Speaker 2: It has to be. It's like an FBI holding self. I'm going to criminal mastermind. So what's up?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's just the head cold, but it's getting worse. I had a shocking night. I was up at two o'clock.
Speaker 5: I was freezing cold, like two windshaders on my jammys.
Speaker 2: Did you know what I like about what you were?
Speaker 6: Ill?
Speaker 2: A couple of weeks ago, and I found that you were a lot more looser and ruder. I mean like that. Okay, I'll be happy to hear that you're a little bit more unguarded. I don't know what games you play at home at the weekend. Okay, I'll pretend I've got that head cold again. Oh, the doctor's here. Oh can I stick this to the mometer.
Speaker 5: It's like something out of it. Carry on movie, I think its okay?
Speaker 2: On this morning show, then Hamish macgotlin is on at seven o'clock this morning and today the phrase that pays comes from your suggestions. We have the wheel is back spina chat. We have the wheel. It's empty at the moment. What do we need on there? Your favorite life from movies? Because we're going to spin the wheel and it will line. We'll land on a movie line. Hemison Golin is going to work that into his commentary at some point over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got to fill it out by seven o'clock so people could even start textinging him.
Speaker 2: You're all to workome right now for seven five, three, one oh four three awesome this morning show, Fine day Friday. The production gets bigger as this feature gets bigger. We have have you seen the whigs? I seen it with the one for you, one for me. We've got a white powdered wig each. What do I Judges man? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Thought I was the policeman guy.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, you're the even the Judges sort of assistant, you know. It was the type of stenographer still needs one, yeah, or court from artist? Is it is that?
Speaker 3: I'm just looking at it now. Is it a Judges wig? Or is it like it looks like a founding Fathers of America?
Speaker 2: I say that when producer Brad came in with a white powdered wig, I went, that's not the Judges one. It's George Washington, King Louie the Fifth. Have we putting on a historical place at eight o'clock history on the radio. And also very very excited, Hey, miss and Andy are on the show and they're in live this morning at eight o'clock. We're hoping that they're going to bring in. We finished this yesterday thanks to the mind of Pats We've started talking about high school photos, and I shared with the world the horror that is mine. And it's not like I've been in a fight beforehand, or tooth dropped out or the dreaded cold saw. It's very clear that my mum cut my hair and badly as well. And Sophia works out runs our social media. Put up a boat on our picture on our Facebook page right next to it's me and Lloyd from Dumb and Dummer, And you can't my hair is worse. My hair is worse, That's all you can say.
Speaker 5: He looks just like Lloyd Christmas and.
Speaker 2: Some of you put your high school photos out there, but still the most horrendous one it's mine, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yours can't be beaten.
Speaker 2: Gaff, who works here on afternoons on drivetime, put his up there as well, and he still looks pretty cool. You're right, he doesn't. Yours looks pretty cool as well. Mine does not look cool. If you want to see them yourself, head online to our Facebook page at OC one oh four to three. So we were talk about yesterday because perhaps what didn't you tell us about the new option than that your daughter had with a little form to do the high school photos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or the primary school grade one if you don't mind photoshop, a photoshop option so awful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'll touch up your photos.
Speaker 2: That's allful what they're saying to kids now, it's all about your look you more. They're any more bodies shaming high school photos. None of us had great ones. There was always a cut from something that was a scab at that age. Yep, a loose tooth.
Speaker 3: Had any offer that you got? Do they actually say what kind of things they're going to airbrush out?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, just I think the word they use was imperfections.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's horrible.
Speaker 3: It'sn't that horrible?
Speaker 2: George Or was in nineteen eighty four, and yeah, I'm about I'm the only DJ quoting George Orwell this morning, up and done the dial in Melbourne. All right, if you had a horror story about your high school photo, give us a call this morning. It's a rite of passage, isn't it. Nine four one four one o four three nine four one four one o four three to They show like every Friday with us four hours of your request. Throughout the whole show, every song we plays picked by you. Kicking off this morning we've got you, Marcy yea, Hi, Marsy, welcome to the show. You're gonna horror stories about your high school photos or yours? All? Pretty cool?
Speaker 7: Actually I do.
Speaker 8: I've been listening. My son this year they made he's in your eleven though he's not really young. But they gave him a shirt to.
Speaker 2: Put over his shirt. Why shirt?
Speaker 8: It wasn't the right shade of white.
Speaker 5: Oh goodness.
Speaker 8: I've got a VC photo of my boy wearing two shirts and a jumper.
Speaker 3: So you see two colors.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that'sn't even worst. Whenever you see someone get on the tram and they've got like it's a crazy person. They've always got like five coats on. You look away from the five coat guy and he pulls some with two shirts, so good, look is it he got rain kid or somebody he's got ocd Well, I didn't know the wear the smooth one of the rough one. I wear two shirts. I have to wear two shirts Paul kids, because I.
Speaker 8: Just off toll. I thought, oh my god, I'm playing for these things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of money as well. All right, listen, Marci, lovely to hear you. I love your story. There, what's the song. You want to kick start the show with today? What feels like Friday for you? I wanted Elos Don't bring me down. This is a monster of a song. This screams Friday. Why do you love the song? Marcy?
Speaker 8: It's just good memory, you know when I was younger, Sonner Barbecue's two Friends.
Speaker 6: It's just great.
Speaker 2: Music, brilliant never tod Weekend. That's a good in Gold one I four point three se.
Speaker 1: An RC The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Great email here from Fay Christian. Yesterday on the show, I was listening at work so I couldn't call in. You were talking about how you're in charge of your kids now for the next couple of days. What happened when dad was left in charge the late to the party. But when my dad was left in charge, my brother was just a few weeks old and my dad was left in charge of registering his birth. My dad is severely dyslexic and obviously spells words the wrong way round, so my brother was almost registered as a little boy called Look instead of Luke. The force is wrong with you Look totally. Even Star Wars movie isn't it don't go to the dark side look where. Thankfully my grandma was in tow to just correct it before the person to put father forms Christian list goes on and the other things Dad left when he was in sole charge of us. My second favorite was him going for a beer after work and then getting all the way home a few hours later. I need to realize he totally forgotten to pick up my brother from nursery. Yeah, I don't think that was quite so many quite need. The second one the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Another email, Christian late to the party. We call the slate to the party where even if we've moved on to something else, you can still get involved in the show with us. A week or a day later, Christian, this was yesterday. You were talking about celebrities at the airport, and yeah we were. And I was also trying to find celebrities you'd seen next to you at the baggage reclaim. We didn't get that many of those. We did get a great one about Chris Hemsworth, but I should just say before we go, oh wow, he's still doing that. Likes to keep it real. No, this is twelve years ago when he may have actually been working at Baggage Reclaim, maybe before he was even on the Home and Away. This one I had, Christian. I was in Ireland, Dublin for a wedding and we were all sat one row across from business class. We were a little bit drunk. Richard E. Grant was there and he complained to the Steward s. Richardy Grant is a very classic kind of posh British actor, very very very funny guy into some brilliant movies. Have you ever seen with Nail and I it's like a classic cult British comedy movie. I tell you what, mate, that is a great movie with now and I I'm envious that you have it. You were a smart man, you would love that movie.
Speaker 3: Well know Richardie Grant and I'm looking at up now. He's known for Gosford Park, Hudson Hawk. I haven't seen any of those, Penelope. I've probably never seen him in the movie.
Speaker 2: Also in Logan as well, which is it you've seen Logan? You ever seen Hugh Jackman and Logan?
Speaker 3: I've seen one of the X Men's even if.
Speaker 2: You even if you're not a fan of those kind of movies. I think I wolver Into was a Logan's like a different It's like a standalone movie. It's outstanding.
Speaker 3: I made a blanket rule recently that I told the anchor I wouldn't see superhero movies anymore.
Speaker 2: I know, fine, then go and see Go and see Logan. It's I'd almost say it's the anti superhero movie. At the end, you will be in pieces. It took me a while to go out of not cried. It's not even tears. It's something else that comes from somewhere else, interesting shossing. I bet people listen to this chat right now going he has to go and see Logan. It's such a great it's not what you think. Hugh Jackmans's I think is the best way I've ever seen him.
Speaker 4: Do is you don't have to be in Marvel necessarily. Is this a good movie joke? You'd enjoy it?
Speaker 2: Anyway? Back to richardly Grant, Okay, the actor that none of you really know about. But anyway, he's on the plane and he's complained to the stewardess, and then a bit later on he spent the rest of the flight reeling off to us his favorite Hugh Grant movies in odd Do you know what one? I don't know. We got time today, we got a really busy show, but we need to come back to this too. Conversations you've actually had with celebrities. I don't mean hello, I'm a fan of your work kind of a photo. I mean actual conversations you've had with celebrities.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought you were going to say, we have to come back to doing our favorite Hugh Grant movies.
Speaker 1: The Christian o'connall, Breakfast Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: A couple years ago, I was having my photo taken some photo shoot for British magazine by a very famous British photographer. And often we do these things, you know, it goes on for ages and it's really born. But this guy was amazing. It was so interesting because he's taken everyone's photo around the world. He does a lot of stuff of Fantity Fair and GQ, and we are swapping stories about who are the interesting people and who are the really idiots? You know, it's one of the best things to do. No one asked me who are the interesting? We with interview this Who's biggest a hole you've ever met. I've got so many great stories about unpleasant people. But anyway, we're swapping war stories and he starts telling about Lenny Kravitz, and I go, all right, what's it? What's he like?
Speaker 3: I don't want Lenny to be an idiot.
Speaker 2: If this is it's an amazing story. This is the greatest story ever. He said, how he was taking his photo right around at Lenny Kravitz's place and it's like one of his homes. Okay, it was like some high rise somewhere in la It was one of his homes, and it was on a busy street. And also he's not somewhere where he spends a lot, but it was like a high rise on three or four, so he had the whole building. But there were like a whole row of these houses. So the photographer said that he was trying to park his car along the street and you might actually get a spot. There was like five doors down from Lenny's place. He's got all his photography equipment and his the system to unload the car. They go up to Lenny's place and get setting up and then the windows open. It's nice summer's day, and they chatted to Lenny, and he's got that big scarfine's got the shoes or anything like that because he's a rock star. And I don't know whether they don't like shoes or something. And suddenly there's this smash outside. They look down. Someone smashed the backseat of this photographer's window and he's having some of the photography gear away stunning it and he goes, oh my god, he's taking on the back lights. Lenny goes, what the f how's a look at the window, runs out of his house down the street after the guy barefoot, Yeah, just takes off. They didn't even drop their own gear to go and chase off the guy. They were just like Lenny took off down the street to try and apprehend the guy. Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean the question is did he get.
Speaker 2: Well, he never told me the end of the story. I didn't bother asking him. That was just more in all that Lenny Kravitz likes to fight crime. I mean, someone needs to put him in AIX Netflix TV show, The Christian.
Speaker 1: O'Connor breakfast Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Time for our Friday morning game where you get to stop the show. I'm a movie I'm the movie.
Speaker 6: I'm the movie.
Speaker 2: I'm a movie too. What movie am I?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, here's how it works. You call us up, you jump on the lines, you come on air, you give us a cryptic clue to a movie. All right, we've got to guess what the movie is from your one line clue. Just a one line. Big Monkey goes bananas incon Yep. I'm always going to sell that one every Friday. I can think of no easier explanation. However, Scott sent me an email podcast listener over in New Zealand heard of me from Hamish and Andy's and joined the show. Wants one to kick us off with. So this outworks me, Jack and Pats, we take each other on. We've got ten seconds to guess what the movie is from your one line cryptic clue. I know what this one is. I had to email the guy coming back. It's a long way to play because it took him two days to get back to me. Yeah, I know you've seen. There's not that far away. But father and disabled friend look for missing son.
Speaker 3: Ah finding Nemo?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, wow done. Oh I'm in awe of it.
Speaker 3: Jack, Wow, No, I have seen Finding Nemo it's a mirror.
Speaker 9: Cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, well done Jack. An early bonus point for Jack, I'll give you that. So if you don't, if we don't get the movie in ten seconds, I give you tickets. Mission Impossible six is out now in Cinema's getting rave reviews as well. And if you want to go, then stump the show. I'm a movie, I'm a movie. What movie am I? You give us a cryptic clue to a movie. We got ten seconds to guess what it is.
Speaker 1: Good luck for Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I'm a movie. I'm a movie.
Speaker 6: I'm the movie.
Speaker 2: I'm a movie too?
Speaker 3: What movie am I?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 2: All right, Time for a Friday morning game. This is where you get to stump the show. You come on out. We give you ten seconds. You give us a cryptic clue, a one line cryptic clue to movie. We race each other, me, Jack and Pats in ten seconds to try and guess your movie. Time runs out. You win a prize this week Mission Impossible fallout. You go and see it. It is out now. Last week Pats won this then you Then I did really bad. I came bottom.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you're going up against two movie bus of course.
Speaker 2: All right, speak these all right, let's get the callers on. Joanne, good morning, Hello, how are you going pretty good? Happy Friday to you, Joe. Annie. You ready with your one line?
Speaker 11: I am okay.
Speaker 12: He came to my baptism.
Speaker 2: Oh this opinion, godfather, four weddings at a funeral.
Speaker 3: Godfather, father of the Bride?
Speaker 2: Godfather? Is it? The godfather.
Speaker 3: Was yelling out father.
Speaker 2: That's like the Father of the Bride the Steve Martin movie. I love that one, Daniel. I'm pretty good, Daniel. I was so scared of our tent second countdown clock. It's this too much. It's coming in the morning.
Speaker 3: Sound like he blew up an alien plant biology.
Speaker 2: Sorry, like, do you remember what I said at the time start the show about raising the red flag? I didn't think of me this quickly. It was paid off, Delarious. It's all the better. It's all the better on the show. I'm not mad at that, Daniel. What's your clue, buddy, Off you go.
Speaker 6: Clip.
Speaker 2: Clue is explosive, So fight club. I knew that, come on, goot Jack and pants, feel free to plan on this morning. I knew that Daniel, that's all right, all right, you have a good day.
Speaker 3: Christian's got a quicker microphone than me. That's why yours is in delay, Big.
Speaker 8: Dan, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: Hell are you?
Speaker 2: We're pretty good, Big Dan. I hope you're well as well this morning. All right, Big Dan? What's your clue? Okay?
Speaker 6: Where's hockey?
Speaker 10: Mass?
Speaker 6: Will hurt and mine?
Speaker 2: Friday the thirteenth, Freddy versus Jason? Which one is it?
Speaker 6: Friday to Saturday?
Speaker 8: I just Jason the first one.
Speaker 2: Christian, You're on fire. This terrifying, terrifying, terrifying movie. Nice clue, Big dance. Adam yo yo, Adam, Adam? What's what's your movie clue for us?
Speaker 13: Then it's uh, you get off from my plane.
Speaker 5: Planes, trains and automobiles.
Speaker 2: I know, no, I know.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Nobody puts Jack in the corner. Wow, you've got to snooze mog this morning.
Speaker 5: You've redeemed yourself.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, well done. He's finally got one. Okay, Hey, Pat's feel free playing.
Speaker 5: I'm doing dreadfully this morning.
Speaker 2: Tim? Yeah, Tim, Okay, what's your one line cryptic clue to movie?
Speaker 3: We just want to coexist, but humans think we're dangerous.
Speaker 5: Planet of the Apes.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, Mars attacks No aliens, nope, et An his friends, No.
Speaker 2: Short circuit, No, please get me five Mission to Moscow?
Speaker 3: Can you say the line again? We just want to coexist, but humans think we're dangerous. Yeah, I know the funeral South Africa on that ten seconds must have right now? Project eight?
Speaker 6: What's that?
Speaker 2: Oh, district District nine, District nine. Nope, that we've had about a minute changing the rules. Stump the show. But if we disagree with you, we'll tell you of the listener is not always right on this show, Tim, what's the answer. We've had about five minutes guessing this one?
Speaker 3: X men Ah, I wasn't alien aliens.
Speaker 2: That's a good movie, Tim, You get the tickets. You have to go and see the new Mission Impossible movie, which is out now. Okay, Mission Impossible fallout tickets yours enjoy. What are the scores at the moment? Is anyone keeping on? Three? Zero three one one?
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three?
Speaker 2: All right, we've got time for a couple of clues. The schools on the doors are three to me, nothing to Jack, nothing to patch. I'm afraid. I'm afraid the producer of the show made a mistake. Here's out work. You come on it and you give a cryptic clue to a movie. You don't quote a line from it? Yours you got off a line in the movie. I'm sorry. You know how you have your rules for your little game money to Thursday. This is my game. I'm sorry. Rules are those are the rules? You got it well? And we don't have rules yet? Where are we? Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, these ones are worth double points so I can still come back.
Speaker 2: I'm happy with that. Then, okay, we're happier now double points we played for James coome on. Pretty good, mate, welcome to I'm a movie. I'm a movie. What movie am I off?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 8: Lambda lambda, lambda, na move.
Speaker 3: Oh my Star Wars, Animal House, Revenge of the Nerds.
Speaker 2: So you got to two world done all right, James, nice clue, though, very smart clue. We'll give you a pair of tickets. Anyway. That was a great clue, Joel. One last one this morning, then, Joel.
Speaker 8: Morning, how are we going?
Speaker 2: I'm pretty good, Joel, have had a good week. What's your clue for us? Mate?
Speaker 6: The interceptor.
Speaker 3: Interceptor what would you Mad Max movie Mad Max.
Speaker 6: Double point.
Speaker 5: Amazing this morning?
Speaker 2: All right, Joel, thank you very much. Word don't everyone great clues? We'll play again next right.
Speaker 1: Christian o'connall Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three. Christian o'condall Breakfast Show All Request Friday, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Welcome to the Christian O'Connor Breakfast Show, Busy show today. Then you're picking all the music so far but from six shorts. Mom, we've had e l o be a Ocean, Lady Kravitz, Fleetwood, Matt an amazing song on the nineties. Tip DJ Jassey Jeff for the fresh Prince with boone, Shake the room, Hey, Miss and Andy. Our live guest this morning, an hour's time. Hamish macgochlan or Hamish is on today's show just before seven thirty with the phrase that pays for Tell about that.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We need we need some movie lines from you. Your favorite quotes from movies. We've got a will and it needs to be filled in the next twenty minutes of your favorite quotes some movies. Jack will then spin it whatever it lands on. Hamous mcgloughlin must accept. The challenge is to phrase the pace is back, and he will work that in over the weekend to his work on Channel seven. At the moment on the world, I've donated one of my favorite lines from movies, which is this, I've had it with this dub.
Speaker 6: We got no food, we got no jobs.
Speaker 3: Our pets header.
Speaker 2: Far so from that. I was at the whole scene, our pets heads are falling off. I mean, how he's going to get that into any kind of match analysis or punditory. I do not know, Pats, What are you going to go with? Classic Swayzee?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, nobody puts baby in the corner.
Speaker 2: Nobody puts people in the corner. Again, how do you do that? Is there like a baby face player or something that he's commentating on there he is there, baby face player, baby in the corner. Well, so we've got on the wheel so far from people suggestions.
Speaker 3: From a net You can't handle the truth?
Speaker 2: Oh great movie, Yeah, I got that as well. You can't handle the truth, Jack Nicholson.
Speaker 3: If it bleeds, we can kill it. Now, what is that Predator three, Predator one? Or it was a three for Brian just gave.
Speaker 2: Me No, I think it was flipping the bird. It was just.
Speaker 3: And just in from Luke, I feel the need the need for speed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from top Gun, I feel the need for speed.
Speaker 3: I honestly thought that was from Faster than the Furious.
Speaker 2: To be fair, if you hadn't seen it, you could easily think it might be from that. But no, is it. We need you. We have to the next movie screening that we do for Christian's movie Cup, I think has to be top Gun. It has to be top Gun. This is it now that you've nudged me that way.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: All right, we're looking for a brand new phrase that pays the sweek for Hamous mclonchlin. What is the phrase is going to be saying on Channel seven this weekend. It's donated from your favorite movie quote Leo, good morning, Leo wash your quote upon our wheel off.
Speaker 14: It's Don Swysenegger, which is predator to if you're listen careful, it don't see a lot of his movies.
Speaker 8: And he screamed us get to the chopper.
Speaker 2: That's right, stick around Bennett, Yep, get to the chopper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like you only gave that fifty per Arnie accent. Do you want to try and give it one hundred?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Come on, I think here we go. Did you say you're at Macca's Drive, then go and hang on?
Speaker 2: Did he say get to the whopper? We're trying to quick as we can. May all right? Need to be like that? All right? Leo, thank you ver much. Jennifer. Hello, good morning Jennifer. And what's your quote for us?
Speaker 8: I think we're going to need a bigger boat?
Speaker 2: Oh, George, Yeah, great idea. How does he work that morning? Again, the more random in is, the harder it is for him. And she did great stuff the last weekend. Let's go to Joe. Hello, Good morning, Joe. What's your one?
Speaker 13: Hello?
Speaker 8: Mine from the Shawshank Redemption the Great Morgan Freeman, same ship, different day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure weather say that. I know you can in this country, but I'm not sure to say that on SHOs.
Speaker 5: I don't think you'll have a job.
Speaker 2: I mean, does he want to leave?
Speaker 3: So I'm not putting that off.
Speaker 2: So it's not just that anyone's feel a bit awkward these Days with the great Morgan Freeman. Lynn, good morning morning. How are you pretty good? Lynn? Up until the swear, we're just going out never mind this. Bobby blushes easily, h Lynn, Off you go. What's your quote for us? Mate?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, make my day?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, he could easily work that one easy then, Chris.
Speaker 3: I just want to pry Chris, what's your quote for us?
Speaker 7: That's from the boys Brothers Four fried chickens and a coke.
Speaker 2: Again. You know, we need to think the harder it is to try and get him into the match, play or breakdown and play the better four fried chicken and a coke. I don't know how he does that. I want this will to land on that one at the moment. Chris, that is a genius one. Thanks for that one, Chris, have a good weekend.
Speaker 15: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell. Breakfast Show on Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: We were looking for your favorite lines of movie movie quotes on our phrase that pays. Jacks just added his one time it works turn the good old sex Panther. This is the phrase that pays. We do this every week with Hamis McLachlin. It's a great sport and is up for really really testing the limits of what he can do. On Channel seven last week, we're looking for your favorite lines in songs and he will land or than this one from Pink Floyd.
Speaker 8: Can you have it?
Speaker 2: You don't see me? Amius wasn't happy with this, but listen how he made it work over the weekend. His best one yet interesting here.
Speaker 15: Luke Bearbridge to talk about.
Speaker 12: It's all about contested football and intensity.
Speaker 15: I mean, how can you have any pudding if you.
Speaker 2: Don't you meet.
Speaker 12: What he's basically saying is it's all about reward for effort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's right, Champagne commentary. He's back in the line now. Good morning buddy, Hey Christian Jacko.
Speaker 15: Good to have your girls back home safely and nice to have you back on there, Christian one. He also do you'd brad the production bodys about.
Speaker 2: And listen big weekend for you. That are you calling the I talked us about this on the show. Yes, I was read about this kid. Alex Johnson last plays in twenty twelve and a Grand Final. He's been through all these knee operations, four other separate operations other than the five various recurrent injuries. What an amazing kid.
Speaker 15: Yeah, he's a phenomenal individual. He's a Melbourne boy. He's had five ricos in six years. Last time he played was the twenty twelve Grand Final, which was two thousand, one hundred and thirty six days ago. So phenomenal. I mean a lot of the people at the club and also those in his family were saying, maybe just give it up, go and do something else. You dream that's going to end badly, and he is just so mentally tough. He said, no, no, I'll come back. So I texted Brad yesterday and he said, you know what a fabulous story this is going to be brad our producer and he said, I said, let's hope. So, I mean, he's going to play, but you know, let's just hope it goes brilliantly. It'd be horrific to be talking on Monday and have something go badly. But fingers crossed. And then also Nathan Freeman, who went number ten in the twenty thirteen draft, so he hasn't played a game. He's been played by hamstring injuries. He plays tomorrow for the Saints. He was drafted by the Pies and never even played for them. That's seventeen hundred and sixteen days, and Aaron VanderBurg.
Speaker 2: This is like a role called the walking wounded this weekend exactly.
Speaker 15: So Aaron Vanderberg plays for your Demons. His last game was around twenty three, twenty sixteen. He's been played by heel and ankle injury seven hundred and five days. And then there's a few debutantes. So it's a bit of a feel good round. Alex Johnson, good luck, Nathan Freeman, good luck, and Aaron Vannonberg good luck.
Speaker 2: What games you calling this week? Mate?
Speaker 15: Hosting tonight so Richmond and the Cats at the MCG and calling your Demons and the Suns on Sunday which will be a bit of fun. And I'll be watching your Bombers tomorrow, jacko Essen and.
Speaker 2: The Hogs game, so huge games.
Speaker 15: And the other thing, Christian says, a showdown in Adelaide, which you need to get your head around showdowns when Adelaide plays Port Adelaide and in the West, the Derby West Coast versus Freemantle. So it is actually a really really fun round.
Speaker 2: You'll enjoy it, oh mate, So you're up to speed with this week's movie quotes phrase the base We've got the weird of is primed ready to be spun. Have you got any favorites? Do you like it to land on? For what you've heard?
Speaker 15: Four fried chickens and a cake from John Belushi?
Speaker 3: I think it'd be interesting.
Speaker 15: I'm going to leave the shore shank quote alone.
Speaker 2: Do you want it on air alone? Buddy?
Speaker 6: So, yeah, that's on.
Speaker 15: We've got no clothes. Our pet's heads are following off. Jim Carrey would be amusing. I'm not sure how I good. But Jack Nicholson, you can't handle the truth. If it bleeds, you can kill it. I feel the need.
Speaker 3: I mean they're all going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thinking if some bad gets injured, it's got like a cut maybe on the face, and you just go for bleeds. You can kill it.
Speaker 6: You know what we need?
Speaker 15: Other thing is the other thing is Lee Matthews famously used that line to his lines when they were playing and years ago. So that actually would be the easiest of all of them.
Speaker 3: Hamish, it sounds like you're so gooder than we need a place on the wheel. That is all of the above, and you have to do all of them all right, spend the wh for four fried.
Speaker 16: Chickens Oh my word, guess what's landed on Hamish?
Speaker 2: Take a wild guess.
Speaker 15: Four fried chickens and a coke? Yeah, John Belushi, I actually just googled that in the ad break and watch it on YouTube. They turn up and they order some pretty weird stuff. But okay, let's just part of this. The family has said that, that's what needs to be said. That's what needs to be said. You know what the list how good is listener requests?
Speaker 2: Friday?
Speaker 15: By the way, why aren't they in charge every day?
Speaker 2: Our family? Oh? That on music team would be very fascinating. So they worked really, really harder.
Speaker 15: It hasn't been a bad song all morning.
Speaker 2: Honestly, they're all gold this morning. There's so many great songs, really really good songs. Okay, so it is then this weekend you've got to work in for four fried chickens and a coke.
Speaker 15: Seems pretty simple. I mean just a natural fit with football, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Can we have a clue Hamish Friday or Sunday?
Speaker 15: Do you want to do it tonight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Yeah, sometimes tonight it'll be We're We're on seven Mate from seven and then the broadcast starts to seven thirty on seven it will be done tonight and it won't be the last segment of the United People. I turn off the lights in the change rooms.
Speaker 2: How aren't they have a good one now this weekend. We'll catch it with you Monday'll be watching tonight.
Speaker 15: Good luck, it's been fun listening.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, by all right, cheers mate.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Jack, Sticky wig.
Speaker 3: On the People, if the fines are real?
Speaker 9: Now Presiding Judge Christian O'Connell and Jacket.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes you sent a text to someone, You've had a couple of drinks and you forget all about it. Yesterday when the team said to me, we've got you the wigs that you wanted for Fine Day Friday, and I've forgot them. I had come up with this over the weekend. So Fine Day Friday, we turn this studio into a court. We hear your cases, your fines, Jack and I decide whether or not we pay the fine. On Fineday Friday, we are now in these We have these wigs on. They're not wigs that you would see in a court room anywhere in the world.
Speaker 3: No, and Judge's wig is though it looks like you've got rollers in your hair and the cascades down the side of your shoulder.
Speaker 2: It's tight bangs. Judge, you describe.
Speaker 3: You, but what you've got on is a pumpadoor at the front.
Speaker 2: I look like actually King Louis, the four Louis is here.
Speaker 15: You do.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to you. You're you're reminding me someone, whether it's from an old painting or something. I'm going to get it.
Speaker 2: Somebody. You remind me of an old painting? All right, what do you find? Don't even pick up the phone. If it's about spinning, fine, I'm not interested and I'm not paying it, So don't waste your time. Nine four one four one O four three. The court is in session. Give us a call, will take your cases.
Speaker 1: Next The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: I don't know how good the guitar on this source pop Patchulan Who it is? Slash Nope? He did another one? Was that black or white? He did? He did beat it? Now he did not do? Didn't he beat it? He did? Black or white? Pretty sure? Slashed it black or white?
Speaker 6: Let look it up?
Speaker 3: Slash to beat it, But I do know this is Steve.
Speaker 2: This is Steve Stevens. I don't even know Billy Idol's guitarist drafted into do at the guitar, And I'm not moving on till we find out slash. I'm pretty sure did he do black and white? I can't I can't move on? Yes? Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeahs played about eight?
Speaker 2: You want to shun out that big top out of it. It's at eight, the age of eight. So I'm gonna start playing on beat it. What's Google saying?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Beat ith?
Speaker 2: Oh my, I don't know what slower the Internet on? Here? Old Jackie Way, what did you find again? Is it?
Speaker 3: Commander?
Speaker 9: The fines are real now Presiding Judge Christian O'Connell and Jackie.
Speaker 2: All right, fine day Friday is here? Jackie and I for no real reason, we're on the radio, but we're wearing white powdered wigs. We did not look like judges, will look like some sort of courtiers to a Louis the fourteenth.
Speaker 3: You know what I've just noticed about yours. It's got some sort of hairnet at the back. Why it's like you're a judge who's going to go work at red rooster and his hairs have a light of fall in the chip.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, let's go to the lines now and hear the cases. Good morning, Brad, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Are you Christian? All right?
Speaker 2: So good? We will now hear your case, Brad, off you go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, sure. So I'm a volunteer at the local fiber gade and every time one of us appears on the news or appears in the newspaper just could be a photo or footage, we end up getting fined one flab to share around the brigade. And unfortunately, I'm a bit of a news hog and ended up in the news last about three times in the last six months. So I'm down three flabs.
Speaker 3: It's like a hazing thing, Brad.
Speaker 2: Now it's like a forefeit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, definitely not hazy, And it's more so just a bit of a drunken on the news or I'm going to make fun of you. So this is a way of paying penance.
Speaker 2: All right, So you're on the news quite a lot, then you're the go to guy.
Speaker 7: Unfortunately I wasn't, Brad.
Speaker 2: I'm paying this kind of strange forfeit that you've got going with the crew because actually you guys do important work, and you're a volunteer fire fighter as well. So let me as you get no money from this and you put yourself in harms where you're a good man.
Speaker 7: No thanks, Christian, appreciate it all.
Speaker 2: Right, buddy, have a good weekend. Nice to hear your case. Let's go for this then, Melissa, Yes, Hello, yeah, Melissa, all rights, Melissa is in the cork. Okay, off you're going, Melissa, what's your case?
Speaker 8: Okay. So we were moving out of our old house and we were cleaning up the kitchen and the wardrobes and just getting rid of things that we didn't need. So instead of throwing them in the bin, I thought, well, let's just put them in the boot and we'll drop them off at the local charity store one day and leave it at that. So one night we're driving home. We're driving home, my fiance pulled over the car, so it was late at night. I thought, oh, let's just quickly pull over there and we'll drop them off at the front of the store. So, proud of myself, thought everything was great, and then all of a sudden, two weeks later, my fiance brings me up and there is a fine in the mail for three hundred and seventeen dollars because what we'd actually done was classified as littering because we left it at the front of the store and we had to pay that fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's lopable' true. You know you're not meant to leave it out the front.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but come on, you're doing a good thing.
Speaker 8: I didn't see a sign. There was no sign there. I rang them up and I and I'm convinced that that stock is actually still in that store, which I haven't gone to have a look yet. But I thought I was doing something good. I would not have done that, you know.
Speaker 2: I also do you know what those do? We got those places the need to make it easy if you'd have dropped the stuff off. Sometimes you're on the date, you're just busy. They should be opening. I know it's volunteers, but twenty four to seven, the twenty seven and drive through where you can just roll up. I opened the car, opened the car window, chuck out the old wedding dress, the wooden tennis racket, the roller skates the jigsaw with eight pieces missing, and then roll off out of the drive through. That's what they need at these places. Absolutely, Oh god, that's broke one of the faders. Then so yeah, we're paying that. How much is the fine? How much is to fine?
Speaker 8: It's three and seventeen dollars?
Speaker 2: Oh my word, check that first of all. We anyway, I've said I do it, I'll do it now.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 2: One last one from Leanne.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning Christian, Good morning Jack.
Speaker 2: Hello if you go Leanne? What's what's your fine for.
Speaker 8: Taking my pubby doge six weeks old on the beach and on the lead and I dropped a fine for three one hundred and nine dollars. We're not trying to it's gone to three hundred and eleven there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do understand what's the fine for? Was it an ugly looking puppy and they look this and we don't want ugly puppies on the beach. If it's a bayside area, we have a certain standard. Okay. If it's an ugly Pomeranian, then you deserve the fine. I don't know what kind of breed it was, what kind of dog was it.
Speaker 8: He's a beautiful little buller cross and his name's Winston.
Speaker 2: Of course it of course, when you got Winston, it makes bother says, uh no, I'm not playing this fine a game. Oh boohoo.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Anyway, if like that.
Speaker 2: In real you know, I'm sorry. I'm sending you to prison for the rest of your life. Boohoo. If OJ had said that, maybe it would have been more lenient on him. I just realized that Hamish Nandy, who were coming up after eight o'clof after the News and Sport, are sat outside the studio here and they're just looking and I just caught my own reflection. I'm wearing a very cheap, highly flammable, powdered wig. I do not look like a judge, nor do you. I mean, look how far Jack's come. They're looking in at you, like, what is that guy doing? He's really slumming it now he left us.
Speaker 3: Should we get out of our disguises?
Speaker 2: We have to. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one.
Speaker 2: Oh four point three power drumming finish from one of the guests today, Hamish Blake and Andy Lee, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Sticks out to the crowds.
Speaker 3: Seeing Jack come.
Speaker 11: It's like it's like Jack went away to university and we get to visit him on.
Speaker 2: Some kind of dean or professor in his career now more sort of like a naughty frat house. So you were like his high school. Yes, you're all grown up, Jack.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I want I mean, I love doing this show, but the early mornings are difficult. So if you're thinking of going.
Speaker 6: Backs and you broke its eight weeks like a hostage situation break, let's be honest. He didn't breaking eight weeks. He broke day one. He couldn't believe he had to work ten o'clock. He couldn't believe that he didn't get Queen's birthday off.
Speaker 2: I just loved in front of his employees. It's just going if you think you're going back to.
Speaker 6: Drive guys as we have and have you understand this is a comedy show. But in all seriousness, please tell me that I'm passing you a message. Now I'm here against my will. I don't want to get up early anymore.
Speaker 2: He was thinking five times, like sending you a message, like please release me from this guy?
Speaker 6: What are we a T shirt? Jack's wearing until we get it home, we decoded, we put it in a mirror. Please let me escape. I'm tired, and Jack, this is a huge'm a big fan of your show, all your shows you've ever been on.
Speaker 2: What it was because Peo might not notice, but without meeting you guys eight or nine years ago, whenever it was, I don't think the idea of possibly coming to this country and don't in the city, because you guys always been so excitable about coming out here and coming to Melbourne. I don't think this would.
Speaker 11: Have ever happened exactly, and why we'd like, it's your fault. That's what I'd like to come in and apologize to.
Speaker 6: Moment specific when we told you, look, what do you love about London and you went obviously the London nine and we went, well, we've got one and it's awesome and everyone goes on every day and if you come to Australia, we'll get you a free pass. And he just went, well, I just can't get back up. Let's go, We're going. We're going. It's exactly like London.
Speaker 2: So, first of all, thank you very much for kind of setting up the idea even possibly coming here. And do you know it's so much.
Speaker 6: You didn't know you could come to Australia before you met us.
Speaker 3: Now talking for a long time about it, you know, so much.
Speaker 2: A year ago. I came here secretly. It was a kind of holiday, but it was having secret interviews. And you took me to my first AFL game.
Speaker 6: You have one of those hats in the sombrero with the camera in it where you're recording everything the kids.
Speaker 2: And I told you off a couple of beers that I might be working here. And I remember you spake your beer out and I said, oh, do you know think that's a great station. You were like, no, no, no, it's the perfect station for you.
Speaker 6: I did, and then I said, who I remember anything to be like, oh no, Christian thinks he can get each other with gold. No way will they hurt. He doesn't know his at the bottom.
Speaker 3: But how does Christian repay me?
Speaker 11: Like he goes for Melbourne now and he had all these AFOL teams to choose from.
Speaker 6: I took give your first welcome.
Speaker 2: It was such a dull game, I was. It was so boring.
Speaker 3: And look at what Carlton wasn't even playing the game.
Speaker 2: I took you.
Speaker 6: Sometimes they're on the field and that's it was the West game.
Speaker 11: And I was sat there sitting there, going, this is player Luke Hodge. He's amazing. You'll never get to see him again. That's why I took you to here. And then he went to Brisbane and kept his career going. So I told a lot of lies that day, but it's good to have your idea.
Speaker 2: But the other thing he said is I said, look, I need someone to be on the show my wing man, and you mentioned Jack Post. I remember at first saying, oh, will he be right with the I just presumed he was a stoner. Yeah right, no it is.
Speaker 6: And I'm watching the live web stream Christian has mined.
Speaker 2: You came right now here's as high as a code. Why are you crying now?
Speaker 3: You guys know I worked with you for ten years and I never indulged in such things past.
Speaker 6: Every blood test clean as a whistle. I can guarantee that, absolutely clean.
Speaker 3: And I have to thank Andy because I didn't realize how instrumental you were in recommending me for Christian show. And again I come here to apologize to.
Speaker 6: A thinking going on here.
Speaker 2: Love. The experiment has not worked me coming out here and recommend this guy who clearly hates early hours.
Speaker 6: Or even working old work, work, working general, just any sort of labor.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's well, what I escaping your show. I used to push the button and I'm so sorry.
Speaker 6: To employees took you from a work experience kid and gave put you on a number one national show.
Speaker 2: You escaped? Did you have?
Speaker 6: You got out alive with all your money?
Speaker 2: When he was between jobs working on your internet show.
Speaker 6: He's sitting there trying to build his own house, thinking life will take care of himself.
Speaker 2: You have no idea what the real world is like. D if I didn't scooped you, you were hanging around the fruit and vegi that Cole's FM, hoping they were going it.
Speaker 6: Was downstairs from our radio station, clearly stealing barcas at the cell service check out that was his main source of income.
Speaker 2: Something told you he was a junk ki.
Speaker 3: Well, really, what happened is your show? Your show finished and Big Coy was Big coin was at its highest and twenty five thousand dollars. I thought, guys, I don't need you any more. Thanks for the time. Then bitcoin crashed and Christian offered me, I have to take it.
Speaker 6: Question to pay you in O'Connell cohen It might not be worth a lot.
Speaker 11: Now, why Jack came to be on our show?
Speaker 2: No, what's the story.
Speaker 6: We thought it was Michael Sarah and we wanted to do the.
Speaker 11: Jack obviously with his curly hair, you know, he's got that look. One day he was there and he was I don't know what he was doing.
Speaker 3: He the weirdest.
Speaker 2: He had the weirdest office. It was like a nook. It was where we used to put the print. People took it out.
Speaker 6: People were like, it's a bit too small for the prince. Like the prince the printer overhangs. What's what in this building is worth less than the printer? We don't like that kid.
Speaker 2: What was this area of spossible he was in charge of. I think he was literally really just putting together. You'd be able to tell us.
Speaker 3: Jack, what were you doing? My first job there was take every song and assign it a code. So every song on a seat that used to be on a CD now had to have a computer code of five D a entry.
Speaker 6: That's the guy we bothered writing a program to do this human but not avaliable one.
Speaker 11: We're walking past him one day and suddenly had the straightest hair like Justin Bieber was a Japanese manga character.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was, and we were like, oh, he's been scared straight. He's the boringness of his job and.
Speaker 11: Stopped crossed the work experienced kid straightened his hair, and so we got him on air and asked him, and he's gone and chemically straightened his hair, permanently straightened.
Speaker 2: Chemic chemically constrated.
Speaker 6: Is he do the hairdresser where they put a treatment in your hair that just like fries it straight.
Speaker 3: It's a reverse perm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that stupid. It's reverse. It was perm.
Speaker 6: And we saw this kid with the straightest time. We know that you know you must get paid. Nothing else did you spend on this?
Speaker 11: And we said have you survived the teas barrier from your friends? And he said, it's not like when you wear a jacket and your friends go you can't pull it off.
Speaker 3: He's like, I come under this.
Speaker 6: It's like coming back from Thailand going hey, guys, I think they wear Fisherman pants now. And I was like, all right, we're going to tease you a lot, and you have to get through probably about six months with Fisherman pants before you can do it normally. And then Jack's like yeah, and I can't. He stumbled. And then a few weeks later we were like, oh, your curls are back. Yes, I couldn't do.
Speaker 11: It, and he couldn't, and he went back to normal, old curly haired Jack.
Speaker 2: But it was that perm or reverse perm that got him the.
Speaker 3: Job of that believe that brought me ten years on your radio.
Speaker 6: Sh I thought it was like that Gil's chest after that, no content, no real value to the show. But it was that one bit we did was just so funny that well we owe it to him ten years.
Speaker 2: All right, we're about the boys after this.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three two Stories is back for a second season. Tuesday nights. Yes, Tuesday night. Like it and go back.
Speaker 3: Go to your house now and sit in front of it until Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Be very happy with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well Jack, you're you live it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they have a TV.
Speaker 6: Remote because you didn't buy the house.
Speaker 2: We kind of arguing about this color of whisky, and I said, you still live at home with your parents? Went, now, I live at my parents' house.
Speaker 3: Now I'm staying there temporarily. I've moved out. Now I'm back temporarily. I don't live there.
Speaker 2: That's your life. You're seven nights a week, Yes.
Speaker 3: At their house.
Speaker 6: You're conducting your life from their house. And also, let's bear a man, married man, married man. And it's conditional you say temporarily, but it's conditional on you're finishing the house, you're building yourself. You're in here every day. You're too tired to do any work. When was the last time he swung the old hambits?
Speaker 3: I am very tired, and it's it's.
Speaker 2: I felt you meant this love life, but when was the last time you swung the house?
Speaker 3: It's not safe to use tools when I'm this tired after work, right, so the house.
Speaker 6: Is as long as this show lasts.
Speaker 2: It's I know what it's like having you help build this new breakfast show. And I thought, if you're actually building a house, putting up walls or.
Speaker 6: This is something just conceptual. And he still wouldn't swing a brain hamer kind of house swinging a real hammer.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're the next check When do you have to go? How long do we have you for? Fifteen minutes? Wait?
Speaker 6: When you when you're doing the olders came out to the guys in a bit. We were sitting here going and I mentioned the show.
Speaker 2: We've got to go, but we are loving it. Let's say, you know what, how long have we got before?
Speaker 3: Be honest, you were mentally at thirty and then and.
Speaker 6: Then first let me sound generous, however long you guys want, realistically.
Speaker 2: Hang on up in fifteen there's a guy out there who is yetting bring this guy in here.
Speaker 6: You got nine nine minutes, nine seconds. That's Terry. That is Terry from Channel nine unless he's saying please mention Channel nine mates, that's the network that he shows on turn Around.
Speaker 2: Who is that guy there? Who is in charge of you guys?
Speaker 6: Terry?
Speaker 2: Terry? What does Terry do? He so powerful? He just has one name.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you don't know Terry, first mistake here, Tommy, you don't know Terry.
Speaker 2: Terry doesn't know you.
Speaker 6: Terry is Terry. Terry's the lynchpin of Channel unpublished.
Speaker 2: Yes, publicly, he gets books, the guest spots.
Speaker 3: And I cannot believe he's given this show half.
Speaker 6: What we must have really upset someone somewhere somehow.
Speaker 2: Okay, so warrant it. Then then in any precious time we've brought with you guys, then is going through your personal history this week? Andy Lee, Let's go with you. First of all, what have you been googling this week? What are the highlights what you've been looking for.
Speaker 11: I've got three for you, basically, three that aren't sport related, the rest of sports.
Speaker 2: Why is my oven smoking?
Speaker 6: Is a picture trying to fit in.
Speaker 2: With the other ovens.
Speaker 6: It's morning born with the wrong crowd and it thinks it's cool.
Speaker 2: Just say no. So I got to that one. Why was it smoking? By the way, some sort of conbustible Is it dirty inside? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean it's just just from a physics perspectively, some sort of combustible material in there that's getting too hot.
Speaker 2: It's been in there a year. Grease on the elements.
Speaker 11: Why do I Why do you crave greasy food on a hangover?
Speaker 2: It's true?
Speaker 11: What is that? No one wants a salad? It was a boring answer, but it was. It was that there was a real, rare peptide that comes when you eat or drink and eat greasy food. It's called gallon or something.
Speaker 2: Hey might know. He's a scientist amongst.
Speaker 6: Us, So it's got alan and he's a guy that you want. You want to hang out with late at night and the next morning.
Speaker 11: And when and alcohol and greasy food give off the same feeling, that same peptie, which makes you want to have more and more of both.
Speaker 3: I like doing hair of the dog by eating greasy food.
Speaker 2: That's correct, but not eating hair off the dog, not in the hair from it.
Speaker 6: That is a different pepody.
Speaker 2: And finally, is nilely a scrabble word?
Speaker 11: Beck and I were having an argument because I'd put down nlely as a word double.
Speaker 6: Out hands are a bit nailely? When are you going to cut him? And it was not assumed it was everything. Everything is a scrabble words.
Speaker 3: I can use it in a sentence. I've been working on my house so much yesterday was a bit nailely, did about one hundred nails.
Speaker 6: That's the life.
Speaker 2: It's just the Australian version of scrabble where you add oh and y to the end of the word.
Speaker 6: It's the nickname that the hammer is the nails.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Miss and Andy, thank you very much for still been on the show since am pleasure.
Speaker 6: We've got we've got a few more of those nine minutes left and.
Speaker 11: Or Jack's tied, so you've got to make sure that we can help you out, Christian.
Speaker 6: And I know his song's coming up to and I can only see James. This is the pressure we's phasing out in this conversation. He's not looking at him when he's practicing guitar.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to remember the lyrics that I wrote down late last night.
Speaker 2: Closed really well.
Speaker 3: For what's coming up, You've got to keep saying true story as well. They're here because of.
Speaker 6: Yes speaking to his old producer role.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, very cold. Maybe that is war where.
Speaker 3: How would you feel the grasshopper to tell the sin say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to get even earlier than the show.
Speaker 3: Well, they used to, they're probably used to for this, the junken and like all the media for this, you're doing five and ten minute interviews with everybody, yep. And then Christian stolen you for a whole hour and then doesn't even mention the team.
Speaker 2: So I mentioned it last link.
Speaker 11: Yes, true stories nights and then we have functionary little things.
Speaker 2: That's the most powerful way to do it. You make it throwaway things, right, Well, what was he just talking about? And they follow that it stays with them rather than the hard cells.
Speaker 6: Are you going to make up a conversation, Christian? What are you doing Tuesday night? Do you want to come over for a barbecue?
Speaker 2: No? I can't. Watching the brand new series of True Stories.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, And if you do, want to come over and drive over and you listen see how it can work.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I'm with you now. Yes, Tuesday night at eight forty night. Great, And just have a look at your internet history, then your personal history being googling this week, Andy Lee, were just found out what was googling? Why is his up and smoking?
Speaker 6: Do you know what? I realized? I was googling? And then I was trying to figure out what was I was out for dinner the other night with a woman who was not my wife, who was my mother?
Speaker 2: More brack.
Speaker 6: That's right, Dad, I was out with my mum. Dad's really married, so he's not that jealous.
Speaker 11: Even if he wasn't, even if he was still I was still together, he shouldn't be.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was a pretty It was a pretty good things.
Speaker 6: Got a bit he too, So I was telling and my and then I was my wife her grandplace. A week in radio we started talking about her family. He was worked in radio in Sydney and became one of the first guys on TV. He was a TV host in the fifties on a Channel nine chair. So've I've googled TCN shows, which was Channel nine's Sydney or New South Wales like station call sign TCN shows from the fifties because I was like, I can't remember the name of the shows on and I found it. He was on a show called a panel called What's My Line?
Speaker 2: Right in ninety fifty an old UK show from really years ago?
Speaker 6: How's this? Because I was like, you know a bit maybe as a funny idea, I was sort of going, maybe for our podcast, we could petition Channel nine to bring it back and we could.
Speaker 2: Has the show work.
Speaker 6: It's not that great, No, it's just like which is why I'm revealing the idea.
Speaker 2: Now everything is rebooted now, right?
Speaker 6: You know what it was?
Speaker 2: What hasn't been on for fifty years?
Speaker 6: While I was looking this thing, I was like, what's my alm? What happened? So celebrities come on the panel? Is this the way it works in the U K's there's three kind of celebrities, right, So they send the bigger he's goutty cams or whatever. Then a person, a regular person comes on sits there and the celebrities from what I can gather from this small blurb hosted by George Foster, my my wife's grandfather. George Foster like is the ring master and gets the celebrities to ask these people questions to figure out what they do for a job. It's and also not to that, it's what's my line of work?
Speaker 2: What? It's so slow? Right?
Speaker 6: I was ready just going I'm working TV ideas and I can't see it right?
Speaker 2: The peak thing right, even as a kid or so, this is really boring. Do you work with your hands? And then comes half an hour out of it? Do you do with your feet if you're not using your hands? What a stupid question?
Speaker 6: Is so boring because the thing is, it's just like how is this? How is this?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: How would you be coming back week after week after week ago when you turn up work? Would you say, there's got a lot of flower around?
Speaker 2: Just ask him?
Speaker 6: Are you a baker?
Speaker 2: What are you? Just tell me what you want?
Speaker 6: What are we doing here? I don't understand where the content comes from, Like, what's a good moment on the show that people?
Speaker 2: Would you know what? I hope, right, I hope big things for you guys, and you're going to do Walkstone Body. But I hope this time next year I'll come with a brand new show. What's my line of work? What's this guy doing for a just my job? Do you know what?
Speaker 6: Then I was like, Mom, this is terrible, like this kind of like I can't even believe there's a record of this a Wikipedia. But the American version is the longest running format of all. It's one of the only few shows that's lasted more than forty seasons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but when TV's darted, that's easy to be stunk.
Speaker 6: Like early early Mattes theory.
Speaker 3: People were excited about the machine. The TV just wasn't.
Speaker 2: Seeing another human on a screen.
Speaker 6: It was basically a magical box.
Speaker 3: When it wasn't on, people stood is to Jack.
Speaker 2: I mean he still points it with a stick because he's allowed the remote because he doesn't live at the house that does to the TV.
Speaker 3: I'll lead a few weeks go by, and then I'll pitch this idea, what's my line to Christian as a radio show idea? When I'm lower of ideas?
Speaker 6: Have you were you ever asked? So it's still in the UK, you would have been.
Speaker 2: At the level I was all about nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 6: It ran for forty seasons in America. Insane. But for you wear a suit. I've been known too. This is good. We'll be back after the rape and find out what corporate world I had to see if it's actuary or lawyer.
Speaker 2: All right, so you two have a choice now, Haymi should only been talking about two story season two. It's about eight forty Tuesday night. You can go now or after this break Jack is back with Jack Sings the Week, where he tells Store of this week's breakfast show through the medium of song. I believe there was a flute solo in the song this week. Is this true?
Speaker 3: That's right? The song is about a ghost who haunts this building who's been known to play flute. There will be a foot Well, we couldn't get a flute. There's a clarinet player coming in next. Oh. I'd like to stick around for that. But Jack, I would is going to put more pressure on you.
Speaker 2: Would you like us here or not?
Speaker 3: No, you, I would probably like you to leave.
Speaker 2: Your performance. I respect you, I respect your wishes.
Speaker 6: Respectfully decline. I will stay and aggressively intimidate him because as you know. When we first came to the studio, we said, look, you know, I feel like we're your parents would come to visit your grown up at university. Now like you've left our show, you're off in the real world. You're off on this show. And as part of your role as parents, it's our job to like a good parent would do during a university exam. This is the analogy supposed to stand behind you and watch you do the exam.
Speaker 2: Yes, you've come and to see how he's gone.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, well we'll love to be to know.
Speaker 3: Nig no banter or any talking amongst yourselves are yelling at I think it's.
Speaker 11: The first time of sales, the sentry where you get to choose to either stay or go in a stick around.
Speaker 2: Yesterday you were like, if the boys are still around and places loads of instruments, he might want to play the clarinet.
Speaker 3: Why don't you ask, go, I need to join play clarinet?
Speaker 2: Sorry, and you do it.
Speaker 1: Next, the Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three, Hey, Missionana just found out that their interview that they were wanting to do down the line somewhere in somewhere in Australia has been canceled. That obviously heard this.
Speaker 6: Sorry, yeah we've we just can word how that our whole day of publicity for True Story has been canceled after appearance on this show. The good news is we are still allowed on air here will we will remain on air for as long as we can. I'd like to give a little insight to the listeners. I know we have a lot of fun in this show, and there's a lot of good band between Jack and Question. But during the Power of Love, Christian Jack staid at each other for the entirety of the song, and hell hands, that's the real that is the real power of love that's going on in this studio.
Speaker 2: All right? Eight on Shanna and the guy's about with the I can go with two stories.
Speaker 6: Make sure you can go second series the second Girl Work. They're back with their repor charge season and if they and if they, if they finally finally get their act together, then they might be allowed a second episode.
Speaker 2: All right, So this is now called Jack Sings the Week. Every Friday, Jack Sings a Week story of the Breakfast Show. According to Jack, we love this the boys putting into you what was speak because you're busy doing promo. So someone told me, asked it. There's a ghost in this building called little Timmy. He's often not playing a flute.
Speaker 3: We had some ghostbusters in yesterday to track him down and they go, you'll learn in the song.
Speaker 6: Okay, sorry, because I don't have This doesn't give the any of the song away. But from what I understand wating Ghostbusting series on Foxtel, it's people with very very sensitive microphones getting panicked at the smallest noise, pushing each other over as they ran out the door.
Speaker 3: They had three types of recorders.
Speaker 6: Sorry Jack, we laughed, Justine. Just in case you thought that you could move up for a bit of his voice, just broken had eventually.
Speaker 3: No, this song is in a funny low key and.
Speaker 6: Just again to you to choose the song, you man, it's this is a tough one for me. I'm just gonna goggle for a bit. But thank you Wembley for coming out.
Speaker 2: And I don't think the crash this and he thought it was funny if.
Speaker 6: I remember the original song, some pretty heavy content all right.
Speaker 3: This is a song about there was this kid got into.
Speaker 13: When an accent and when he was playing in flute, and he haunts this stage, play his flute all over the whole way.
Speaker 3: He lives inside the wall. You hear him in the car.
Speaker 2: Doors.
Speaker 3: I should have said as well, we've got a person in a ghost who playing clarinet as Timmy in the flute.
Speaker 14: Take it away, Timmy, very good, Timmy one more time now party sending flute.
Speaker 10: But we had to get rid of him, so we called some experts in.
Speaker 3: Then they were this group who brought in all.
Speaker 10: Their cat jets and their cameras and recorders, and they successful. Lead he found a ghost down in the backstair well.
Speaker 17: Buddy, it wasn't tim.
Speaker 3: This girl's name was Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Jeffrey the wood wind.
Speaker 3: That was tim very good, Jake, one last time Timmy bringing home Man.
Speaker 2: Jackson was a wee awesome. I don't know what the rest of us said. Ghost under a blanket, that's Timmy.
Speaker 3: For people have just.
Speaker 6: And the ghosts couldn't find that.
Speaker 2: How censity was their equipment?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 3: People have just cheateed and gone.
Speaker 2: I wondered what the show has been up to this week.
Speaker 3: I'll get it all in one song. You guys have had a really weird.
Speaker 2: As I said, it's like a school concert.
Speaker 6: What's the So they found jeff sorry Jeffrey by I mean I can insult him now he's been busted. They can't haunt me.
Speaker 2: So you couldn't.
Speaker 6: You couldn't like act tim But Jeffrey was behind the stairwell.
Speaker 3: He was easy in the fire exit. Timmy could be somewhere else.
Speaker 2: We don't know. He's eight and he's happy to be here and he doesn't mean any harm.
Speaker 6: So has he possessed you?
Speaker 2: He sort of says, he sort of said that like you were.
Speaker 6: You were possessed by Timmy for a second, didn't sound not like Christian's voice. Timmy's here and he wants you to know something that.
Speaker 2: The news is coming up next. It's a two story. Season two is Breakfast Final Go.
Speaker 6: Well now for his final attempt before we decided to put a bullet in it. Well, we'll leave the building now, jan When thank you so much having us a huge honed to be on the show.
Speaker 2: Tuesday night.
Speaker 6: We're going to go up through the fire escape now that we know what the safe.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, All Request Friday Gold one four point three, All.
Speaker 2: Right back into the final hour, bar or the Breakfast Show. All the music picked by you like has been since six o'clock this morn. We do this every Friday of gold one at four point three on the Christian Connor Breakfast Show. Thank you much for the boys, Hey Michnani to stick around for the four hour. I hope you enjoyed that we did thoroughly. All right, then, so before we crack into your songs, we kind of got way there. We've got to give you the clue. We have another clue to apply trying win the ten can repeat work day. Remember, nothing goes on a Friday, So I'm saying I don't know anything more than that, but it's in the past. Nothing goes on a Friday. So Jack's clues this week jas when chance, we're giving a clue a day to you. He's done it in the style of a pirate, and you're going to carry on with that. Watch the Pirate today, al right.
Speaker 17: It it feels like we've been sailing for days and we haven't come across yet.
Speaker 3: The song that pays.
Speaker 17: But when it plays, you met you won't be mistaken If the song reminds you of Bacon.
Speaker 2: The Pirate never made it. That voice never made it all the way through? Did it?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 3: So all right, you won't be mistaken if the song reminds you of Bacon.
Speaker 2: Eighty song in a movie American singer reminds you of Bacon. There's no reason why you don't get that song. There's no reason why I now don't know the song. Got to hear it played twice though to win the money.
Speaker 3: Ah, that's true.
Speaker 2: There it goes back in character.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Jack's been given up the clues this week and obviously what happens in radio stations of the weekend, you'll hear like a promo. If it doesn't go today, there'll be one going, hey, it could be next week. And it was. We've already voiced it. And obviously when we're recording this sometimes you've got to do it a couple of fluffs to do a pickup, as we call it, and you redo it and you were having a bit of.
Speaker 3: Oh you didn't you didn't have it. The only thing I'll say about this is they got us to do it right first thing in the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's play this back. So there was a script in front of me, script in front of Jack.
Speaker 3: It's from an eighty the songs from an eighties movie. The song, the song, the song.
Speaker 2: From the eighties.
Speaker 3: The song is listen. The song is from the eighties. It's in a movie. The artist is American. The movie is about dancing. What's your new clue?
Speaker 6: By the way, you haven't given it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't writen it yet.
Speaker 2: Figure out those clues and you'll win the ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh and the first time we play, oh oh and the first time we played on the show.
Speaker 2: Oh oh oh, Well that's another clue. Powerful acting there from both of us.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you know that we're dog points right. Sorry, yeah, don't put it sheets of paper in front of me. I'm an organic broadcast. It comes to my mind. It didn't come from the paper.
Speaker 2: You're right, it's not Miles. You know you preapologize.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 2: Three early on this morning, seven thirty, we'll be doing the phrase that Pays with our friend Hamish McLaughlin. This where every week. I don't even know why he does this. He dreads doing it. I've got no idea why he's playing like Russian roulette with us and his career. This is an established professional broadcaster who slums it with us, and I still don't understand why people keep saying to me, why is he doing that? But he does so. Each week I give him a random phrase. He has to work it into his Channel seven commentary. Last week, we're looking for your favorite lines in songs, and it went with this one. You don't see me? Yeah? How on earth does he make that work? But he does? It was his best one ever.
Speaker 12: Interesting here Luke beaveradge to talk about that it's all about contested football and intensity. I mean, now, can you have any pudding if you don't you make What he's basically saying is it's all about reward for effort.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's right, he did so well. If this excited us about how can we push it? We did it this morning. We're looking to build a will and all your favorite movie quotes. We had tons. The will spun kind of landed with a little bit of assistance on this one. Former Blues Brothers. Four Fried Chickens and a Cook.
Speaker 3: Four Fried chickens and a Coke Gonna get it into tonight what's the begain to not Channel seven Tigers First Cats. He promised he's got two games this weekend, but he said he will put in primetime, which is on Channel seven tonight. Good luck to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't think actually, if you think about it, now, could he do it where it cuts away to the crowd, there's a guy having a beer or something to eat, he can go. Obviously he's just gone to get that. This's like four fried chickens and a coke there anyway, and action picks up. Still hard, It is really hard. So anyway, make sure you're watching it tonight and let's know when you hear it, and then we'll catch up with them and play it back on Monday's breakfast show.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for tuning in. Thank you very much to Hamish Nandy, Hamish Blake. Check him out to Channel seven. How can you work out work in for fried chickens and a coke? What are you up to this weekend? Jack?
Speaker 3: I'm going to the foody tomorrow.
Speaker 2: YEP.
Speaker 3: I offered to bring your girls because I managed to convince them to be Essendon fans. Well you're a demon fan, but you guys going up the.
Speaker 2: Snow we are hopefully it looks like well I'm taking for the first time to Mount Buller, so a long drive this afternoon, but excited to go and explore a different, a new part of this amazing city in state. What's it like? Have you've been? What can we expect? Yeah? It's snow right, Yeah, I'll guess that. That's why they've got skiek oh my work, Thank you, Willias Fogg. What can you expect? One manship advisor? What can I expect? Snow?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 2: We better pack some sneaky kids. Oh right, okay, we thought we were headed on the beach the phrase mountain, but yeah, anyway, Toller, today's show is get to the Whopper. Thanks very much to listen to the shows this week. We are back Monday morning. Make sure you keep listening to Gold one of four point three.
Speaker 1: We're out of here for Christian O'Connell breakfast Showan's Gold one oh four point three