Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the Free iHeart app Got anything good? Hey?
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Good morning Pats, Yeah, good e?
Speaker 4: How bit dusty today?
Speaker 3: What did you go out last night?
Speaker 4: No, not in that sense, Okay.
Speaker 1: I actually feel very sorry for Pats, and I was leaving a gap there for you, Alex and Uia to apologize to Pats. Parts has been parts has been boundy let down by you two scoundrels.
Speaker 5: Actually talk about the Titanic, these two, what happened to women and children?
Speaker 4: First in the lifeboats?
Speaker 5: Sarah j Our magnificent show manager and I were left stranded at the Sydney Airport the other night by these two who decided to take an earlier flight.
Speaker 1: I can't believe. When I was boarding my flight, I was booked on the seven thirty one Sunday, these two chances. We're hanging around the gate going we actually get on this and I was like, all right, where's Pats? And then then there was a lot of awkwardness. So where is Pats? Oh, she's been moved to a later flight at ten pm, So I just need to rewind if you're wondering what's happened. And tensions are high right now, and we've got just over two weeks left on the year, and it's like a band that's been on a very long world tour where you know you're not there's tension and cracks already there. And what happened Wednesday Tuesday in Sydney was nasty and it's your issue to make good paths. So we weren't here Tuesday morning and throughout the day, we didn't do Tuesday Show. We were in Sydney. We all left very early Tuesday morning. Ri and I we want to fly and I didn't know planes flying a quarter to six in the morning.
Speaker 3: I thought that they started laughter all.
Speaker 1: Quarter to six. And so we had a full day filming. We were filming a TV advert for the show for next year because we're going national from January next year to a filming in Sydney, and so we were there all day and the flight bag was at seven thirty nights, so I was when we got to Sydney Airport to come back home to Melbourne on Tuesday night, I was getting onto a seven thirty flight and you'll I don't know why they put you on a Jetstar one thirty. Actually I do know. It's not my business. And how this company, how this company allocates resources and looks after what I call major stakeholders. But I think.
Speaker 4: Issue with me dogs in the planes. It's almost like, here's your here's your pin pats in.
Speaker 1: You go just shocking at that's what Alex and Rio did. Yeah, okay, so how did you two even get on a different airline?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: We know people the optics aren't great that we went to the airport together and they.
Speaker 1: Tell me this, did Alex call lambo mate? That is now quanto mate? That was my next option?
Speaker 6: Our flight was delayed till ten o'clock, which is a very very big delay.
Speaker 3: Then I've never seen this version of Alex.
Speaker 6: Alex goes into this kind of TV mode where he turns on the schmoos and the charm. He calls the sort of company, trust people he got, He's got people, he knows people. And then he manages to get two seats on an earlier flight's choice.
Speaker 3: Who did he give that the two slots too?
Speaker 1: Well? One, it's obviously to himself. Of course, those masks on your own face on the plane.
Speaker 6: I say, hey, Patsy, Patsy Sarah, if you want.
Speaker 1: Alex was there when he kind of protesting from Rio.
Speaker 3: It was there was there was a crucial detail.
Speaker 1: Two had already checked their bags in.
Speaker 3: They couldn't get their bags off the plane in time to get the plan.
Speaker 4: The next one, miny detail. I say, miny details women and children first.
Speaker 5: Oh no, and Rio said, oh, Patson, Sarah, one of you, you know, but he didn't mean it because he's kind.
Speaker 6: Of looking at the floor. It was like, we'll stick around, like police said please, no, no, we don't want to go. And as soon as we got to no, you guys go, we're like, okay, And.
Speaker 4: We did not see them for dust do you should have seen them?
Speaker 1: This is horrible day, having a really nice bonding experience. I can't believe we're going to get to do this next year. What a great end to an amazing year. We're lucky to have this experience. It's a really nice bonding experience. We're all in this TV advert together and then we just it all just fell apart from you guys.
Speaker 4: Broke up the bear.
Speaker 1: There's you know they are KOs.
Speaker 6: Yes, absolutely, there's no point everybody going down with the ship.
Speaker 3: We need to put some people.
Speaker 4: Do you know what time I got home?
Speaker 1: I don't want to know.
Speaker 5: One twelve o'clock that plane pulled up to that term and all, well you were tucked in with your little Jermis.
Speaker 3: And your teuch there.
Speaker 1: I was so exhausted I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up, the count the dog was staring at me. What is happening?
Speaker 3: Had the game not the players exactly?
Speaker 1: Now there's a part two we need to talk about next because one of the team had to break into my house to check in on my dog.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: So the other thing we need to talk about is Tuesday. It's about four o'clock during the day filming an a random suburb in Sydney that apparently been chosen because it was very flat and yet it was the most hilly hilly as part of Sydney. We were way above sea level, we were higher.
Speaker 3: It's literally called the hills.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bulcombe Hills. It was awful slopy, yeah, Malcombe Hills. And they were like, we have to film somewhere where it's very flat. It had a slope that entire road a huge gradient and also, by the way, so we were in Sydney when we were filming on Tuesday, it was like thirty three degrees and we were filming all day on.
Speaker 4: The road community was about three hundred and.
Speaker 1: Then that is that huge camera light on me, and I just had to work in a way I'm not used to. The talking and walking is surprisingly tricky. You know, we see people do it effortlessly on TV, like Jeremy Claranson does it incredibly well. But they were like, can you take four steps side, look to the camera, say if you're not looking for a radio show, walk two more steps, look at the funk camera, and then deliver the next two lines. And I was like, I don't know what the first was, and I was just thinking, just try best, and then they would go, can we just do that again this time take two and a half.
Speaker 3: Steps, and stuff like what human can be programmed like this?
Speaker 1: We can barely do it sat moving and talking. Oh my god, that's so tricky. But anyway, I get a message from my wife. Now, my wife and daughters are in Dubai this week seeing my wife's sister who lives there, and about four o'clock. Our time my wife is obviously waking up. Is eight am in Dubai and says you back home, And no, no, I told you I'm not leaving until seven thirty flight And suddenly then and they're about to go.
Speaker 3: And we're rolling speeding Take nineteen and.
Speaker 1: I see this, woo. I don't know the dog, nothing about how are you coping in this heat? What's it like working or set where there's over fifty crew or staring at you and nothing about me? She says, Oh the god the dog Reggie would have been alone by it all day. And I said, listen, Tina, Liz to produce it. Tina, there's about ten minutes away in Bentley, ask if she'd be kind enough to come around, pop in and see the dog. Then I'm like, I can't deal with this, Tina, at you poor thing. You need to pick up the story, Paul, did you know this? Pats, Tina went around to my house broke in. We broke in to see the cat regg and meet Larry the cats.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, I did get a fraggick text from Sarah with your codes to come into your house and.
Speaker 1: One in four point three. Don't tell anyone I.
Speaker 5: Have the codes, but yes, I got a fraggic text of just go hang out with a dog for twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: And then I liked, you want me to feed him?
Speaker 3: She's like, yes, so I had to feed him.
Speaker 4: Hung out, but broke into your house and spent time with your dog and your cat.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for doing that. By the way, my wife made it really odd, said to Tina, feel free to put the TV and make yourself at home and just hang around for a couple of hours until Christian gets back without telling me. Do you imagine if like I just get oh my god, it's going to have a beer and go to sleep. I'm like another woman. She's the first time Tina. Yeah, just watch your math. So make yourself at home, you know, because Tina is a very proud Greek lady. I was hoping that there'd be some sort of on the stove bublic like slow roast. Yet it is it in a slow cook? Oh my god, I thought there'd been a life mousaka freshly baked in the olven.
Speaker 3: Nothing, Tina, you left me nothing to be slily.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't even cook for myself.
Speaker 3: That kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Is it strange that you just had to break in and just snoop around my house.
Speaker 4: It was changed, all the doors were closed, and I was like, oh, do I pete? But I didn't.
Speaker 6: And no one tells you this's in the job interview, that you might actually have to go over going.
Speaker 1: To break into his house and just pat his cat and dog for ten minutes and.
Speaker 3: Then leave or hang out.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, did you tell Tinas to hang around as I got back? I thought it might be nice you did a catch up. I was just cooked, Tina? What don't we get a takeaway back and hang out on the.
Speaker 3: Couch she's got yours.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's have then seen someone leave at half eleven at nights, some random Greek lady. Thank you, Tina.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast, Good.
Speaker 1: Morning to Matthew. Christian. Job applicants for your show must have some breaking enter experience and light pets. Well, I got dog and a cat, and Tina's allergic to cats, so perhaps she had to take a tech before breaking into my house.
Speaker 4: That is above and beyond it is I.
Speaker 1: See, I don't think it is. I think it's a bare minimum suddenly getting around call from not even me, from my wife on FaceTime from another country, going you just pop in and check in on the dog. That you should drop everything.
Speaker 3: You're obligated and if someone invites.
Speaker 1: You to watch TV RO then kick the shoes off. You do that, Shame on you, Tina. It's actually quite rude. When I got back, Oh there's no one here.
Speaker 3: Too good for the Tv'm.
Speaker 1: A little bit lonely, you know. We'd been nice to have someone to have a cup of tea. All right. Tone for this week's lost in translation. This is where we get big movies, and when they're translated into different languages, sometimes the meaning of the movie's title gets lost. So last week we had the hideous canine French version of Anyone? Remember coyot?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, this was a bit easier. German version of the Smurfs was known in Germany as very annoying blue people. All right, brand new ones. We go to France. How to lose a guy by.
Speaker 3: Being very annoying tricky one. Huh, could be any rom com? Yes, it is how to Lose a Guy?
Speaker 4: And is it twenty eight days or something? Yeah, takes me a little longer.
Speaker 1: Another tricky one. Now we've got to China. The boy who hid inside a lion? What the boy who hid inside a lion? Pie that life of the lion. Get this straight to hid inside a lion? No? No, no, but they're all together literally, so you've got lion which in the wardrobe. No, okay, another very famous lion, lion king. Yes, I don't know, but that's how the Chinese people see it. They go, I love this movie. Essentially, it's about a boy hiding in a line. Yes, angry green uncle. The Germans are back.
Speaker 3: Oh, angry green uncle. Oh the Gridge.
Speaker 1: No, I guess angry green uncle. Think about someone big and angry green. No, no, bigger, strong girl. I love that angry green uncle. Is he anyone's Maybe? I don't think he's Mark Ruffalo or definitely was not move out an angry family member. He's Dr David Banner. It's not Uncle Dave. But in Germany that's how they saw it. Sad Clown Wants Friends in Brazil, Big movie. Brazilian version of it was sad Clown wants friends.
Speaker 4: It's not it is he wasn't friends with anyone.
Speaker 1: Terrify No. Another fact that Patsy knows the story well enough in it it was actually don't have any mates to hang out with. The guy coming over from the barbie this weekend, the latch.
Speaker 3: I walked out of it. I went to see it in the cinemas.
Speaker 6: As soon as we're five minutes in, said.
Speaker 1: Watch think about the sad clown recent movie. Oh, think about clown. It looks like that Psycho.
Speaker 6: We got very good.
Speaker 1: Old men fight about a ring, A lot of the rings. Yes, in France, old men fight about a ring. Handsome vampire boy and the girl who won't smile.
Speaker 4: Oh is that the Tom cruis.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 1: There's two types of people that like those movies, and I don't want to point out who they are for standards, handsome vampire boy and the girl who won't smile. I you, Rea would get to.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Have you brought my stuff? On the Black Friday sales the Sweet Pets?
Speaker 5: Look, I did buy a Dyson because I had my eye on this Dison and it was you know, they're great, but it's a big outlay and it was half price, and I said to them, sorry, I'm so distracted. There is a light bulb in my studio that is flashing on and off like a disco. I'm sorry, I'm really distracted. Just blow already, all right, just go out. So, yeah, it was hard price, it's.
Speaker 1: Not well today it's fine. A pro would not talk about that.
Speaker 4: It's really distracting.
Speaker 1: They detonated a bomb once outside my radio station in London, a terrace bomb, and I still remained on air, flickering bulb. But you're like, I can tell you that's drifting off. She continue, like cooling off. The pedal was coming away off the story. We all heard it. She started off like this, And are you getting bored of your own story? If so, that's great, you're now self aware. It's boding well for.
Speaker 4: Next year's annoying. But yeah, half price and we don't kind of essentially.
Speaker 1: What about the light bulb's gone off and my disattention now, So anyway, you got that, you've got the vacuum.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so many good bargains.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, how do you unsubscribe to a radio percent on? We need to ask engineers? What can I do? Sometimes says you know, we need what's the oscars music?
Speaker 4: Find me up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like to thank my acting coach. We're getting those giant hooks.
Speaker 1: Ria what's it like owning your first place? And so you got the keys Monday, Yes.
Speaker 3: We've got the keys Monday.
Speaker 6: I wasn't really prepared for how daunting that first sort of few minutes when you open the keys to the house and it's completely empty and it's so like deathly quiet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess. So's some moments in life where suddenly you you you cross into a different part of your life and it's like a really big canvas and it's all your responsibility about what you do with that. This is your problem because you're been renting for years where someone else will fix if something's going wrong. Now it's all your responsibility everything.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and just the you know, being used to a tiny little shoe box apartment and then and you step in and it's almost like you step into Oh I've stepping into a literally steping into a different phase.
Speaker 1: Of your life and the adult world. Yes, and it's money, it's mortgages, and it's like everything that you want to fix or repair comes with a bill and then effort about finding people out to do it as well. And so what's it been like? Are you moving in gradually?
Speaker 3: We're moving in gradually.
Speaker 6: I had a really nice moment when we were putting up our photos for the first time, and that just like had a lot of photos of family, reminded me of our family home and like all the amazing memories we had there, and it's like, oh nice, we can you know, we can make our own memories here and maybe have a family here and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: So that was a lovely moment.
Speaker 1: The big thing that everyone wants to know is have you found the NMI number on the meter? I must have had a couple thousand messages of like, where you find it? Call this person.
Speaker 6: We have We didn't fight it on the meter, but we have the number. The old owners found it on their old invoice. They were kind enough to send it through. So now I'm very happy to announce that we have power in.
Speaker 3: The Thank you, Thank you. Wow a moment. Yes, I can go on. We did. That was a big win.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, we did fail our first sort of ride of passage, which was beg night. I forgot that it's a thing. I'm so used to bin shoots. And then yesterday I was like, oh, I wonder what night the bins are. I look it up on the website. It was the night before.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I tell you what a modern life hell as have grown up is missing? Ben, Oh my, it's a problem then for two weeks, yes, yeah, it's hellish. We don't ever want to be in that situation.
Speaker 3: Well luckily, thank god.
Speaker 6: And we still haven't met our neighbors because it's been very quick in and out. Our neighbors who've never met, was so kind to put our six bins out and six six bins. I don't got red to green two?
Speaker 3: So is it a family of like eighteen?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's but they're quite little.
Speaker 6: So there's two little too little red, too little yellow, two little green, and a purple.
Speaker 1: I've never seen the purple.
Speaker 3: I think purple is glass.
Speaker 1: We don't get that my area.
Speaker 6: But they took them out for us and they put them back as well them.
Speaker 1: You need to get them a bottle of wine or something going saying hello and thank you. What a lovely thing to do. By the way, life hack on my phone as a regular occurring every seven days. It's in my calendar what bins to are to go out? Just automated and then it sort of sends me a text message at five o'clock on that evening the day before to put the green one out, put the one with the red hat.
Speaker 3: Out, purple one out.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, otherwise you just you never want to be that guy who's staring down the street. I want to be the guy that they're staring down the street at me, be the bin leader in life.
Speaker 6: I'm already anxious about forgetting it for your phone.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, I.
Speaker 1: Can automate in our life for the better.
Speaker 2: That Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Just talking about ben nights. Yeah, just tuned in. You missed a real bomber and of a break. Ben nights are a big part of everybody's lives. What what do you think like megastars do like a listers. I took it like Brad Pitt, because then what do they do They have staff who would deal with that.
Speaker 6: You wouldn't have like a specific bin guy though, like you would have to.
Speaker 1: Probably still still have big nights, yes exactly. Clem will go out one day, you know.
Speaker 3: I think they still have to do it.
Speaker 6: I think Hemsworth is still taking out his recycling and so.
Speaker 1: I want to imagine that world, don't you.
Speaker 6: I would imagine that's a great business idea, someone who just comes around and does your bins for you.
Speaker 4: And services them like, cleans them, keep them free.
Speaker 1: Now tell me this, so we move in two weeks time, is it my responsibility to have those bins sparkling clean?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 3: Ours weren't?
Speaker 6: Ours would fall to the brim of all this they left.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel greas It's like the person who you're buying the housewom it's their responsibility to clean the bins.
Speaker 6: I don't think you're no. I think you can leave them, just don't ye as long as they're in working order. I don't think you have to have a fully cleaned DA.
Speaker 1: They are in working order. Christian. I don't know if this is true or not, but my eight year old son is listening to this and he just told me that recycling bins the days and dates coincides with a full moon phase.
Speaker 3: Oh really, wow, great fact.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to look it up. I just want to know that that's a fact. Let's all just spread that. I'd love to thank you, thank your eight year old son. That's what we get a lot of our research from. By the way, is eight year olds. You can come and join the team, all right, let's do latest party, the home of all your emails. Late Late's the party. You can email the show twenty four to seven. Whatever we're talking about, whether it is the Gidda High of ben Knights or the Enemi number on a meter, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. This is a great bit of advice, Christian. Listen to your podcast on Wednesday the twenty six. You're talking about ironing. I want to let you in a hack I learned years ago and never iron any garment in eight years. It makes my ironing so much easier. You grab yourself a can of Fabulon sold at Coal's, Woolies or Bunnings. Once you've washed the clothing, take it out the washer, hang it on a coat hanger, spray the garment in fabon, crisp ball, any iron aid spray, and simply let it hang outside to dry. As the garment is drying, the wrinkles drop out perfect her pleated school skirts and dresses to Patsy, say goodbye to your iron and ironing boards.
Speaker 3: If that is truly that is the best piece of this.
Speaker 1: At the moment, t shirts and shirts when I wash them, I put them string to hanger and hang on stuff.
Speaker 3: They stall a little bit.
Speaker 1: You can tell, no very creasy, but that.
Speaker 6: If that is true, that is a life changer. That's yes, I'm very excited about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Carli, I'm gonna actually try it today. This is on me. Christian help me. I've been listening to your show since you first started from Sydney. I have a Christian O'Connor mug in my desk on my desk and as news that starts the filter of your new national show and that you're coming live to Gold here in Sydney. More wanna be fans are coming out of the network now, coming out of the woodwork. I'm thinking that with what's going to happen in January. So we've got the faithfuls that made this show, all our friends here in Melbourne. They are the ogs, They're the o c o g s. So we're going to call them all right, they're the o c o g s. What do we call the new the newbies?
Speaker 3: Johnny come lately.
Speaker 1: Were they it's offensive and they're going to feel like they it's the late party. We're saying, hey, the party is here now. Party the parties started for you. So what are they the new crew, the new crew that they give it a go gang. It sounds like a Saturday morning TV show from the nineties, you know, and mouse is involved. Hey, kids, welcome to the Given the gold Gang. Oh goofies.
Speaker 6: Are actually coming around to give it a go gang?
Speaker 1: No, I think they were just start vomiting immediately, going who is this clown? Pretty good? Christian Doubters, non believers. Yes, we need a name. Listeners have a thing. If you come up with the ideas, prize is for the one we use. Text me, we need a name for the new Friends freshies or they're like, no, aren't they deadly? Aren't fresh as the crocodiles?
Speaker 3: Wish the band one salties are the bad one?
Speaker 1: Will fresh just give you a little peck? Crazy bastard fresh e what the rookies like in the AFL But it can they don't want to be known as rookies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: It's going to be complicated. We need to come up with a name for them, So new Crew give it a go gang.
Speaker 3: Christian Douters, Christian.
Speaker 1: All right, listen, it's working progress. Guys.
Speaker 3: Anyway, where was I may She's this in Sydney.
Speaker 1: That's it. And she's got new people that want to give the show a go.
Speaker 3: Who started to give the show a girl already and I hope they've stuck with it now they are and they want mugs.
Speaker 1: Mia, We're happy to send some advanced mugs and me, what do you think we should call your new friends Dominic and Michelle in the office that have starting to listen to the show. Who can listen in Glorious FM high fidelity radio from January the nineteenth and now, would you like to hear a poem?
Speaker 3: Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, please, Christian, you're talking reasoning about poetry and rhymes when you're trying to write one for your taught to's nineteenth birthday. I thought I would have a crack at a weekly poem for your show. So this is one he wrote over the weekend for last week's show. If Facebook Marketplace is where you buy, it's a really good idea to check the size. Because you've got a small car and you buy big stuff, the space that you have just won't be big enough down at the shops when you do a reverse park. Don't hold up Patsy because she's a real shark. The back it up cup was her chance to be great because she's been driving since she was just about eight. Wayne split the mrks with his wheels of still the prize for his charity. Gave us all the fields. Lots of surnames can be body parts mentioned. Mister Anoos and the giggling starts going about mister Raynus. Sorry, it's been a long wait, and now the our God, we'll getting into the ashes. It's been a long wait. Hey, this is seven days from now the comebacks.
Speaker 6: She's going to show it up.
Speaker 1: It's been a long wait. My words, it's been a long way. I said to I said, it's back next Thursday and Friday's will be on to on air for two days of it. He goes that we'll get the whole thing. It's been a long wait, and now the ashes have begun. It could cause a fuffle, but it's all good fun. Well that was the week in the form of Rose A simple viig nette of last week's shows. Wow, that is very very very good. All right, So for all your emails and poems and what do we call the newbs, email me Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 1: We have two weeks left with you guys, two weeks and one show left on the year. And then when we're back together in January, nothing really changes for you guys. The show will be going national from January the nineteenth. The show will be available to anyone in Australia, all the cities coast to coast. So we were welcoming friends in Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth. Really exciting for us, for you guys, and I'm getting more and more emails and you want to know, is it going to change the show. We love what you guys do. Just keep doing that and we get that nothing's going to change. In fact, the only one I can describe it to reassure you is it's like a renovation. The address doesn't change. It's still us here, the OCOGs. You're the ones that built the house that I'm in. But we are making room for hopefully hopefully extra people to move in.
Speaker 3: We're getting a granny flat.
Speaker 1: We're getting granny flat and actually we're extending the backyard all the way to Perth. It's huge. How we're gonna have to get a really big breakfast table. Yes, mowing that lords, we're going to need a ride on. But for you guys, it's a reno. Nothing really changes, same address, same dodgy front door, the radio station doesn't fully quite work. Okay, But so the ocgs you built the house. You really important to us. Okay. I don't get this opportunity without you, guys. You are the loyalists, the ogs. Okay, what do we call the new friends? And I'm looking forward to meeting them. Please play nicely, okay, be nice to them. Don't just sit staring at them, glaring at the breakfast table. They're Australians like you. It doesn't matter if they like a different sport.
Speaker 6: Grow up.
Speaker 3: It's like when your cousin comes over, has to share your room.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna have some bunk beds, yes exactly. You're gonna have to work out who's top and whose bottom. That's a different kind of house we're running as well. But that's what we'll talk about that later. Here's the more thing. We need a name for our new friends, don't we Okay, so does a couple I had earlier. The Christian chances. For the people that are giving it a go, they give it a go gang said it made you sick of you come back around.
Speaker 3: It's growing on me. The new crew?
Speaker 1: What about the new crew? Top? Now? Is it new crew? Okay? What about the FTC's first time Club.
Speaker 3: I don't like that at all.
Speaker 1: Okay, James has got the welcome strangers. I don't think I don't think it's very I think it's very wolf to say strangers. If someone came around the house and some new people you didn't know an, you wouldn't go these guys are strangers. This we love them. They're the o g s the strangers and also Ryans were stranger danger. You kid, you're like stranger danger. We can't have that, Debbie, what about they they're gold members, the new gold members. That's funny, Christian? What about new kids on the block do we like at the moment? What's now on top of the ladder? What's replaced the new crew? Gold members?
Speaker 3: Gold members? Is the top for me?
Speaker 1: Now? Okay, Rio, have you got some as well?
Speaker 3: Contenders who I have fresh faces?
Speaker 6: The fresh faces?
Speaker 4: Really see them?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: What about fresh out of the oven?
Speaker 6: It's a fresh batch, fresh batch of newbies coming in fresh. Yeah, No, I like that and actually in second Look, this isn't great. What about the blow ins? It's like blowing.
Speaker 3: They just come in.
Speaker 1: These people, they're just blowing. Blow in, blow out, fly and fly out.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Chris, it's an O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Christian, I'm an o CEOG from day one. Thanks to you and the team for everything you've been to a show in our lives. Hey, that's a lovely message. But same the way we feel about you guys. We think you guys bring to the show. I'm really excited about the show going national and hearing new stories and new voices. I reckon our new friends should be the o C n k otbs OC new kids on the Block. Nice idea, thank you, Christian. What about call them fresh meat? No, these are not aspirational friendly names. You got a K and J vibe about it. Read up on that history. What about fresh Airs? Oh yeah, now it sounds like a lame podcast. This week on Fresh Ears, we're talking to a boocher called Malcolm. It's not one of those NPR ones, you know, too many sound effects and background autmoss.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: Christian and I don't have suggestion for the new name, but do not call them gold members. This sounds like something. It needs to be earned something for us.
Speaker 2: O g S.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. Actually that feels like it's a VIP thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, okay, so.
Speaker 1: Linda's put here? Who sent that? Missus? Hashtag? Protect the ogs? You don't need protecting you And what I told you guys like an run home, be nice to them around the breakfast table already, Linda. That isn't going to help, please, Linda, Christian, good morning. What about the interstatus? Yes, thank you, Pats. Freshman's no fresh as a heavy theme? Yeah it is. Yeah, honestly, the tone isn't right though. I'm trying to create a vibe here and you're you're you're tuning into something nasty, Christian. What about the new breakfast club? Christian? What about the converts they've seen the light and converted from other stations brackets. I'm not religious, by the way, end of practice, which doesn't matter. You don't need to explain either way, Christian. The new listeners they're hopping on board. What about the cagers?
Speaker 3: Hey, we done, you go.
Speaker 1: Far, Kylie. That's very good. Keep this coming, This is great, thank you very much. All right, we're getting into after news headlines small things, big joy, small big joy? All right, vibe you up to the next half an hour. What small thing gives you big joy? This is gonna sound crazy, but I'm just going to tell you the truth. Right now. I've had to buy a new computer mouse. Oh and I decided that I'm not going to pay any more money into the Apple Corporation. They've had enough for the year from me. Light. The mouse is molded and all that, but it can't be the only one. So I'm googling. I actually googled what are the best mouse is to buy twenty twenty five? A lot of information, lots of articles that the top fives. I go for this Logitech because I read seven half thousand five star reviews, seven thousand. I don't think we can get seven our thousand listeners to leave a five star review for our podcast. I think people are going. I know it sounds crazy. This mouse changed my life. Come on on that one review. Take my money, Logitech. I'm telling you now, I'm going to get you on for Christmas. I'm getting you this Logitech and whatever it is it is. I now seeing the light for the Logitech mouse and what it is. It's it's so much easier and quicker, and it almost like it knows what I want to do before I know. I can't describe it. I can't describe it extensively, he is saying. It is me and the Logitech are one. It's like having an extra limb.
Speaker 6: I've never seen you this excited. Your eyes are lit up.
Speaker 1: Like it's come at the right time my life.
Speaker 6: So what it just it moves around more. It's a better gliding.
Speaker 1: You know. Sometimes I can't even get into this, but anyway, let's go with it. Sometimes has a lag yeah, not with the logitet whatever it's called.
Speaker 3: Something, okay, lag free, it's lag free.
Speaker 1: It's instant. It's now bang and it glides.
Speaker 3: What's the top of it? Is it tactile?
Speaker 1: It with a jockey wheel?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, old school.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but a really quick one.
Speaker 2: Quite.
Speaker 1: It's like suddenly getting on a really really fit stallion and whoa, some mu's a bit frisky and I had to learn how to ride that stallion down me and that stallion mouse Jesus Christ, I'm telling you now, right when the book comes out next year, people going bloody, Oh this is good. It's mainly because that mouse.
Speaker 4: So no mouse Matt needed.
Speaker 1: We're gliding and we're doing it raw any surface. Just purse. That is small thing, big joy. I'm just being honest. Seek why is it? I start to bore my wife with it on the Phoneia though she's into bay, and she was like, I think you spent too much time alone?
Speaker 6: Is this mouse?
Speaker 1: And like Tom Will Hanks and castaway Wilson the mouse?
Speaker 3: You're a mad Oh I love it.
Speaker 1: This logit chech has changed my life.
Speaker 3: Bring it in? Can you bring it in?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, I'm not We could get a break in trunksport. I don't see that around No no, no, no, no no no no, all right, Rial, what's it?
Speaker 7: If?
Speaker 1: Small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 6: Hard act to follow, but mine is when you go to a restaurant and you're with a big group and you order the best thing and everyone is envious of the thing that you order.
Speaker 1: Yes, I wish you won the order.
Speaker 3: No, you can't try it, But then there can't have any but.
Speaker 1: The down scientists when they go, can I just have a telling you?
Speaker 3: No, no no, no, no, no, you can't. You can't be that guy, because.
Speaker 6: Then if you get a taste, then you actually know what you're missing.
Speaker 3: Out on it.
Speaker 6: It's actually mean of me to let you into and try what my meal is, yes, because then you know what you're missing out on, whether it's here it's or just my.
Speaker 1: Wife is a bitch, or just like, oh, let me just have some of yours. She's not had a good meal, it's not getting new. She's having half mine, and I'm like, God, damn it, I'm losing here, I mean, punished because of your lame order. She's like, you don't mind. It's a big old plate anywhere for that with you. I ordered it for me. You sound like your ted, like your sister's gonna have after your dinner. Mama's life. That logit tent males makes it all okay.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. People are still sending possible names for the new listeners that we're hoping we bring into the party in January when the show goes national. Christian is from Paula. What about calling them the new ges? If we're the o c oh ogees, then the New Jesus is really good.
Speaker 3: I love that, Taula.
Speaker 1: That is very very good. I love that Christian. What about calling the extenders as in the extended family.
Speaker 3: No, no, No one likes your extended family.
Speaker 1: Don't say that can be listening apart of an extended blended family. No, you can't say no one likes that.
Speaker 3: No, because they're the immediate family. They're coming in.
Speaker 1: No, we're all families, no division. What am I saying?
Speaker 3: I never didn't know. Wish had that mouse and everything would be all right. This horrible sheepo thing, you know, the mouse.
Speaker 1: I love, small thing, big joint. I'm making some privacy screenings on one hundred and twenty meters of fencing. That's hard work, and an off cut just came out the perfect length for this section of fencing. I love it. Gave Christian. I was driving on North Road yesterday, famous for all of its traffic lights. They're literally every yard, every meter, there's another one there. There's no stretch of roads anywhere in Australia with more traffic lights. Why there's so many on North Roads? Anyway? I tied my rum perfectly, Amber Amber, Amber, Amber, Amber, Bang bang bang. Christian second to none. Small thing, biggest joy. Getting a text message from my adult boys saying I love you mum. I hope you have a beautiful day, what are the odds? And then my youngest son sent me one of those texts Monday as well, So two from my boys on one mundane Monday. That is magical.
Speaker 4: Big joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, small thing, big joy. When you're on your way to work and your boss texts you, I said that he's working from home today, like while you are laughing night Now, well, I'll be with my mouse Christian. My suggestion was yelled via Siri. I don't think you've read it out. Maybe you didn't understand it. I didn't actually I haven't read it out. But it was prospectus, as in like gold diggers. Oh yeah, it came out prospect us like a brochuttles. Why don't want to call them that? The brochures are here?
Speaker 3: Gold Diggers has other connotations as well.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you here from Brisbane. You know the gold diggers, the bees. You could call the nuggets little pieces of gold. No, that's like young listeners and good mornings are the nuggets in the school run right now? Hello children, your ears matter as well. Tell Rio you can get a bin calendar printed off. Great, I've got one of those, but I'd run out of colored inks. So it's just in black and white, so it makes no sense. This is color code. It makes me feel like I know what it's like to be colorblind.
Speaker 3: I wish I knew what pink was like.
Speaker 1: All right, small thing, big joy, what's the for you, Patsy?
Speaker 4: You know what it is for me?
Speaker 5: I had a sneaky mechas with wards after school yesterday, and it's when you get the chips and just a few have spilt out of the box and you find them in the bottom of the bed.
Speaker 1: No, I don't like that because it's got bag taint. No, no, no, what they're cleaning that bag out for you? No, no, no, no, you're eating off the floor.
Speaker 3: No, it's like a little gift from the bag.
Speaker 1: When the only ones that come in me have been in that preserved in that life while they come in.
Speaker 5: Oh no, it's like the gift kick that keeps giving. There's more chips, is like three or four?
Speaker 1: Alex will sit for you, small thing, big.
Speaker 6: I'm pretty bad at using chopsticks, so I like seeing someone that can actually use chopsticks really well.
Speaker 3: It's a wonderful grace.
Speaker 1: I've done some chopsticks at home. I'm pretty I'm a pretty damp hand. We'll fring them in tomorrow, please do. And I can easily entertain you, simple man.
Speaker 3: But just seeing someone just use them, there's a lovely rhythm.
Speaker 1: That Alex. I think of any of us on the show on it, who will be lured into the back of the kidnappers is Alex? What is your head? Chopsticks? Ever in the van? Chopsticks choppy picking up or picking up a chip, picking up some broccoli, shut the van doors. A simple country folk.
Speaker 6: With Alex, and he's just completely distracted and mesmerized by everyone around him.
Speaker 5: Copperfield, but very trusting trying that person at Jamsha though, like even my child can use them, and I have to say please, can I have a fork?
Speaker 1: And they just look at strang person In Australian sometimes you just give it as foreign as use it, you know, half this country us a knife, you know.
Speaker 5: Or they automatically used to give it to Audrey even when she was little, and then she'd give it to me.
Speaker 4: It's like, no, it's actually for my mum.
Speaker 1: As she just picks the dish ive, just shove it, pours it in, all right, small thing, big joy, Text me yours O. Four seventy five three one O four three, and also let me know you are simple to like.
Speaker 2: Alex Christian O'Connell shown podcast.
Speaker 1: We're not calling them the step siblings, the new Geese Christian small thing, big joy. When you're cooking you realize you only have a bit of an ingredient. Doesn't look like it's enough, but then you measure it out, it is going to be enough. Guys are gonna be okay.
Speaker 3: There's enough cumin for a tsp.
Speaker 1: Ah phew. Remember a minute ago and I was like christ and I get very excited when my wife orders a new dishwashing brush. Is this from Alex? I can finally throw out the old, dirty, smelly tea leaf. I do know what you mean. It is really exciting when the new wanting do you know what wife does? So we've got this one where you can open up the top of the handle when you put the liquid in. Yep, my wife dilutes it. I said, come on, come on, what are we doing here? Make it into cordial? Then you end up using more of it because it doesn't do enough. Yes, exactly, we're not making any saving here. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: What are you an old nano.
Speaker 1: Or something saved? The sense count the sense of pennies look out to themselves.
Speaker 3: Alrighty, why don't we listen to a bad thing.
Speaker 1: You don't want to when you go into It is time for today's regret. Thank god the old new g's don't get to hear this. It is time for today's regret caation. So many great stories this week, every show this week and giving you five hundred dollars for your story about holiday from Helm you win your five hundred dollars, and then tomorrow's show, the Big Grand Final, you can get a holiday duo for it's a ten thousand holiday. Or thanks to r ACV Traveling Experiences, you can save your hand pick holidays you won't regret with our ACV traveling experiences this Black Friday. Check out the website r ACV website for details. Let's hold hands you get.
Speaker 3: Through holiday regrets. I've had a few.
Speaker 6: Missed flights, questionable tattooes, forgot.
Speaker 3: My shoes and matche Pichu got a new scar.
Speaker 6: Insib Christian, I say give me ten.
Speaker 3: Cap to it. My sorry, Frank, it's actually it's my own idea.
Speaker 1: It's my own idea, but.
Speaker 4: It's no it is.
Speaker 1: I loved it it was a real one hit. Wonder it was a one night stand. I don't actually now think I was drunk. I'm sorry, Sarah made a mistake.
Speaker 3: There was my that was my eworm at the airport yesterday.
Speaker 1: Air virus now, oh my god. All right, this's this. Look at the stories we've heard so far this week. Jess on Monday went to Coms Harbor and her family got abroad with the locals. Great story. You should have been here, not one of those.
Speaker 3: That's how I got that scar in Zanzibar.
Speaker 1: Stuart split his chin open on a family trip to Spain on the first day that hurt his knee and foot. Jumie was like constantly calamity man. Deborah on Wednesday actually got putting an over fifty five's tour instead of under thirty vibes. She was a lady that had a luggage thrown in the Venice Canal.
Speaker 3: But the gondola guy that he ate Australians and never tip.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, s t that's not a sanci. And then there was poor old Scott got mugged in London and lost fifty thousand dollars in crypto. It's actually just a sad story. The worst bit is. You know, sometimes when Tom sounds you about a tough time, they go, I can love about it. Now he can't because he got mugged and lost fifty thousand dollars. He actually said, when I think about it, I shudder. Tough all right, obviously look at the lines now, I want to know about Hannah Is producer Caitlin came bout seeing they went, oh my god, listen, we've got some great news. We've got a really lively caller. Now you might think, hopefully they're all like that. You be surprised. Surprised, should be like that, should be like that. Hannah, Hello, Hannah, So you were a SPA right now?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: And where about something? Which one are you at?
Speaker 7: So day sparring south yarra, I want to go to.
Speaker 1: That supposed to be? Really then? So which bit of you in? Which better that you in? Right now? You're not like one of the pools or something that they're normally deafinitely intimidatingly quieter. There aren't they no one, there's someone calling a radio. Ah, so listen before your treatment start, what is your regretcation story for us? And thanks for calling?
Speaker 7: I still have PTSD from this.
Speaker 3: Event, Oh no, shut us.
Speaker 7: I went on a girl's trop I think maybe three years ago, to Hamilton Island. Day one, I trip over my own feet, smashed my front trees out, completely gone. I couldn't get a flight home, so I spent seven days on the trip with my friends taking awkward photos of me smiling out a tooth, and then I then I got home and I had to wear a tooth on a plate for a whole year. I'd get to work, i'd go on dates, I'd forgotten to wear the tooth.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's like you're dating Nanny McFee.
Speaker 4: Yes, I was.
Speaker 7: Looking like a calling wood supported.
Speaker 3: One of us.
Speaker 7: But it was horrible. It was the worst thing that's touch with has ever happened to me. But yeah, horrible holiday.
Speaker 1: And listen, Hannah, great story and you win five hundred dollars. You're the winner today so much it's pretty good. And then listen to are you going to Grand Finding? You could turn it. Also you've got your five hundred dollars, but also a ten thousand dollar holiday could be why yours tomorrow as well? So handy have you got have you got some nice treatments? Booked in for today at the spa.
Speaker 7: Oh just chilling in the water. Just the lokay way to start the day.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yes, a great time. Thank you very much for calling to enjoy your day and well done pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thank you Christian O'Connell Show Gone podcast.
Speaker 1: Let's give us a go. This might not work as I hoped it would. I just want to flag that up now already. Just there's a buzz of frantic hysteria that doesn't need to be present. Ah, okay, this is the intention. The impact often in life is very different than intention, but that the intention is beyond. So here's the thing, right, there's a guy on reception here. He's called Josh, and he's been here a couple of years, and that is his role. That is his title. And that is what we do in the world, isn't it. We reduce each other to titles and things like that. Because the dudest question I've asked somebody is what do you do for a living? It's such a boring question because then you grade it. And he finally says, guy, you should go and toll that guy's doctor. Yeah, you can say somehow he's better than a receptionist. So Josh is he works on reception, but he's not a receptionist. He is and he isn't. And I'm sure you've worked with people like this where and I'd like to think we're all like this. We're not a title, we're a person. But Josh has this how described it like a contagious, effervescent energy where he's just a real He just vibes people up. Yeah, anyone, anyone. You're calling and you haven't won your prize and you want to know where it is and you're a bit agitated. That guy won't make you feel an idiot for calling. He'd be happy to take your call and he'll help you and he'll reassure you. He's like that every single day. He's the most positive, kind hearted soul in this station. And so when I was thinking about next year and the show and what I want on my team, he embodies what I'm looking for, and that's why I've hired him to join our team. Now, on paper, that's a crazy decision. He has no radio experience, and actually, what we're doing in January with the National Show, it's a big moment in history. It's a big moment in all of our lives. We're getting to break new ground, the first ever national breakfast show in this country. But Josh will bring something to this team. He will, you know. And he reminds me of when I hired you. You had no radio experience, but I'll hide you because you had this in your own way. What Josh has.
Speaker 3: He is a ray of life.
Speaker 6: Like as soon as if you can be having the worst day ever, you talk to Josh, You'll be having the best day ever. He just gives so much of himself in every conversation, every interaction.
Speaker 3: I love him. He is an absolute joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so I've created a role for him. He's head of the community. And what I told this is like, what's that one? I don't know, but I said, you and I will work that out together. But whatever you do, I know our listeners are going to benefit from that. We'll figure it out. So here's the thing. Today's last down reception and he's he uses the PA system like a lot of receptionists to sort of do announcements about stuff like this to snack trolley's coming round. It is, isn't there? It's fancy dress Friday and all that, all this stuff, right, But he does he puts a lot of love and energy into it, and so I thought it'd be nice for him to use his beloved PA. Today's coming the last time he uses that PA system to actually announce to the radio station out in the office that today's is last day, and to do his speech live on air right now and live around the office here at gold FMHQ on his PA system. So hopefully we can hear this now. Kate in a you and position? Are you with Josh?
Speaker 4: I'm here?
Speaker 1: I am with Josh.
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 1: I can hear you? Josh? Can you hear me?
Speaker 3: I can hear you?
Speaker 1: Josh? Are you excited about leaving your old life behind and joining us? Yes, we're really excited. Josh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so excited. Let's fly, guys, Let's fly.
Speaker 1: What you're saying that we've been grounded for seven years ago, but it's not like i've been, you know, costing?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I believe I can fly.
Speaker 1: Already. All right, Josh, why don't you do your leave speech? Now? Off you go here? Ye hear yee.
Speaker 3: It's time for me.
Speaker 8: Josh the receptionist, chocolate jar curator and friend to all who ever entered the reception of Gold FM, a bid farewell to the reception desk. It's been nothing short of an honor and a privilege, and I'd like to send out some thank you. Thank you to the comfy office works chair for always having my back, thank you to the bowl of mentos that sits in the reception for being the best conversation starter ever. And thank you to every complaint call, good or bad, rain or shine.
Speaker 3: You know who you are.
Speaker 8: Being a receptionist has changed my life and through the thousands of hellos, goodbyes, compliments given and received the people that walk through the glass doors at everything, and one thing that will stay with me is anything can come from a simple hello. I Josh the receptionist, hereby abdicate my throne for a lifelong dream.
Speaker 3: Helcome the Christian Show.
Speaker 1: Okay, Josh is now gonna walk down his yellow brick road to his new hallowed home, which.
Speaker 8: Is someone shot Josh.
Speaker 4: Celebrate.
Speaker 6: He's running towards the.
Speaker 7: Start.
Speaker 1: Now more poppers are coming. We've got the red carpet out here. As he has got lost already, he turned the wrong way.
Speaker 3: We're in here here. Welcome Josh to your new life.
Speaker 1: Stand over there, Josh, Josh, Welcome, to the team. You're going to be a thank you for joining the show.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me, Thank you everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, this is it.
Speaker 3: This is the moment.
Speaker 8: We've all been waiting.
Speaker 1: For this, and we've had many moments, but this is the moment. This is your moment, my moment. Do you want? It's yours? Josh said, goodbye to reception. Your life is changing forever.
Speaker 3: See your reception.
Speaker 8: It's been great and I promise to write when I can.
Speaker 1: Josh, Welcome to the team. We look forward to so you start properly with us next week. That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's a bit of training.
Speaker 8: You know, some show people how to order things and where things are, where the milk gets ordered from.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, we're doing the training for you to give misunderstanding the training. The training is for us to train you. It's not about ordering milk. That doesn't matter. Mate. Okay, we've got radio to make. We've got two weeks left on the year. That's the training. It's going to be a bumpy road. A higher guy with no radio experience, can we send him back? Joy, Welcome to the show. Thank you.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Nicole, Christian just listen to show today and talking about the National Show. When you're back in January. What's going to happen to the Daily show numbers. I've been really thinking about this over the last couple of weeks. It's one of the most commonly asked questions. I get, we're going to do it, They're going to go to zero. I'm respect to that. Actually, when we are back in January, we've obviously had seven and a half years with you guys here in Melbourne, but I don't want anyone tuning in for the first time and thinking that, oh, I'm not welcome here. So it goes to zero. So it becomes show one on January nineteenth, and I kind of like it, like we're beginning over again, and so we're continuing with what been doing for the last seven a half years for you guys, but also making it available to anyone and everyone. So, yeah, we go to zero. I think it's done quite nice about Yeah, I like it starting fresh. Yeah, this is a new fresh. So yeah, Nicole, that's the answer. And how things at home? How's how did you get on in the exams?
Speaker 3: Patsy, Well, they're finished.
Speaker 5: So her last one was yesterday, which was voice, so you know you have a.
Speaker 1: Voice license, linse right that she can speak good.
Speaker 5: They called singing just voice, so she had to like that, had to video her.
Speaker 4: Performance yesterday and then they send it off. So she's very relieved. But you know, the teachers have taken their foot off the pedal a bit, because.
Speaker 1: That's nice to say that someone who you know, works a couple of hours and just goes goes home. We have more breaks than the teachers.
Speaker 5: She had French yesterday afternoon. I said, what did you do in French? And she said, oh, yeah, we kind of just could just read a book or whatever. And I said we didn't you have lessons and she said no, well we've done all the curriculum for the year.
Speaker 6: So yeah, this is the title, this is we remember the Titans goes on the TV.
Speaker 3: This is where rolling out the class.
Speaker 1: I reckon they'd be getting kids to watch the Ashes next and I bet you they will.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, the teacher just put on a video of French film. She said, no one watched it, but I reckon what she was doing was preparing this PowerPoint presentation that the wearer we love God.
Speaker 4: And I had to sit down and watch last night of her Christmas wish.
Speaker 6: I know it's unbelievable, rightlievable.
Speaker 1: Even if that technology was resisted in the eighties, I wouldn't even the autacity going to her parents. You're lucky to get a present.
Speaker 3: You get what you're giving.
Speaker 1: Just I'm grateful. There was no sit down, and the lights actually easy to see the presentation an orange slide after slide and slide of goods jewelry like a chairman, like we're merchant traders and I will I will travel to the Americas and bring this back.
Speaker 3: I'm silk.
Speaker 4: What are we bringing up here?
Speaker 5: There was a disclaimer, so on the front page, the front slide was a disclaimer that said, I do not expect to receive all of these things suggestions, how magnanimous. On top of the list was Cod and Gray tickets. He's out next year apparently, and we were told, just make sure they're the right arena, not in you know, some other country that we don't live in. Like I've never booked concert tickets ever in my life. And all this Liss piano keyboards, Billie Eilish, perfume, various vinyl merch from Ariana Grutz like no worries.
Speaker 1: Or honestly that merch. You won't get it till January.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: I tried to order some Taylor Swift stuff and they took my money. And then I get an email going and this should be here from the middle of January. Got it to give to me?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, she's.
Speaker 1: Got enough money.
Speaker 3: She ain't gonna miss eighty two bucks.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'll jump on Amazon. Will be here in the morning if I order it today.
Speaker 3: Well, you got an expensive Christmas coming on?
Speaker 4: Oh have I ever I have to get a second job.
Speaker 1: I think you know what you need to do. You don't need to sit Chris down today and go, well that's hers, here's mine.
Speaker 2: The Christian o'connal show podcast.
Speaker 1: Come on into Sonia one of the ocgs. Christian. I'm assuming that the Time Waste is back next year because Deacon my son wants to know. Yes, we love the time Waster. The time Wasterer to me is, you know, you're watching the gymnaw sticks in the Olympics, and they might like to do some they might make a couple of mistakes, but they still do that that ending, you.
Speaker 3: Know, and they stick the land, they stit the end.
Speaker 1: That's what I aim this to be, that whatever's happened in the previous two and a half hours, we try and stick the landing. That's what the timer is for all of us. Okay, we try with good will and attention. It's not always when I say that, I'm looking at the time Wastess. There's a lot of that thing, you know, where they try and sit downd but the foot just goes outside. And when you watch, you go, oh, come on, four years, you couldn't get it right, Nah, she's not getting above us seven? All right, Yes, it's going to be there. Yeah, Christian, I'm concerned about next year suddenly, lots of new people coming in, you know, are you going to show a certain kind of just be honest with us favoritism to some of the names you know and recognize. Stephen, I can't can't rely say much at the moment. All I say is you'll be well looked after. I'm going to earn your goals. I've said too much already. That be uria rights, Stephen, trust me, all right, today's Time Wastter. Great prize again thanks to Hamper World hampers. So what about three hundred dollars Wow, clients, start family our friends this Christmas with a delicious Aussie hampers. Personalize yours as well at hamperworld dot com dodau. Today we're looking for your dinner songs because it's not what we're saying. It is National Dinner Day.
Speaker 6: Don't forget to eat your dinner today, but we're saying it is.
Speaker 1: What do we think are in the top five most popular Australian dinners?
Speaker 3: Oh back in nineteen eighty five.
Speaker 5: Oh wow, that spanner in the works casserole?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: What else do you think is in top five?
Speaker 4: My mum? What about just bangers a mesh was.
Speaker 1: A good one? Yep, that's the number two lamb roast? No, I thought that's what he's What is strong enough? Strong off? Number five wristoles? Thank god we're not in the eighties anymore. Tuna morning, Oh my god, just just never remind you of NaN's. And I used to live on tuna more like a cat, like when you go when I used to go around see my ice grandparents and they're always like other boiling cabbage or talking into tuna morning. Oh god, what are your cats? Number one apricot chicken never had it you're okay.
Speaker 5: I still make an apricot chicken Audrey. It's one of her favorites.
Speaker 1: I haven't chicken thighs and stood on a menu anywhere.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it.
Speaker 1: Bring it back, all okay, So the time wester, we're looking for your dinner songs. Paul Kelly's singing at the dinner tangle. He's singing about all the dumplings. Yeah, what would on that beam? But I started the landing here. Yeah, they love chicken teak, chicken tea cau. What are we going to have for dessert? Bruno mars Bar. That's a band bronze. I've just wabbled with it on the Beatles. They want to get loads of protein. The moment they're doing a Keto diet. You know they're going to have land of protein, lot of eggs, long journey and run up to this on. Let it be lucky to get that and uh boy, George is eating with the band in an R S L. That's right, that happened. Chicken Parma, comedian, So stick the landing. Chicken Parma coming all right? What have you got dinner songs?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: For heaters on?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's good. Gold we built this snitty, Yes, schnitty is what he said. Yet also gold a Morning Morning, Morney money, Oh world ee three golds.
Speaker 3: You like the simone of the his stick in the landing and Radiohead having dinner. They're at the pub. They're the Parma Police.
Speaker 1: Dip there, Dip there, Football Wobble, Saturday with the Bronze.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 1: Today's Time West. We're looking for your dinner songs. Who is performing at the dinner table. Let's find out? Dancing with Tears in my fries, Silver cheap Wine and a three day roast, Silver plus coma chameleon ca. They're busy, boy, George is busy, isn't he? You know the Cormer comedians. Great, we should do curry songs next week. That's some choe wordne oh, big reservations turning up booking for seven Nation Army.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: No, that's a god you're working for seven Nation Army. I love it. Mark Webber, a man called Rosotto. It's a movie that I like it anyway. Vicky Moving Pictures are suggesting we get some Vietnamese for dinner.
Speaker 3: What about bun me?
Speaker 1: Justin take about very good Boy Name Soup, Silver Bohemian Snacksody on Ryan Achy breaking tarts, go take my plate away, that's very good. Bon Jovi is very healthy eating on a pair or Paul Cooey Up. Who's the winner today?
Speaker 3: Rio It's what about Bud Me?
Speaker 1: Wow to you Today's winner Back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But Christian O'Connell's podcast