Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: I am pumped up now the Roadhouse.
Speaker 4: It is a ten out of ten movie.
Speaker 3: When am my nixt going to be around? An abundance of meat?
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell Show Gold one four point three.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, Thursday morning. It's to Christian O'Connell's show. How do we feel about Joan Jet still kicking off every Thursday show?
Speaker 4: I think it's my favorite one of the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it really works. What about Born to on Friday?
Speaker 4: That's my second favorite?
Speaker 3: Thank you? If you could rearrange those he Springsteen? Then whatever's after that? Patsy? How are you this morning?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I'm great?
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Jackie Boy, what's going on with you? Where do you get that T? Shirt? From?
Speaker 4: By the wa This is the Dylan Friend's podcast t shirt. I got merch for going on his podcast. People might remember him from the come.
Speaker 3: I never met anyone who seeks out free merchandise.
Speaker 4: No, I don't seek it out. No, you can't go shopping, don't wear the clothes?
Speaker 3: What about plain covid? I remember the boss actually being only upset once and emailing when she heard you on air. Rummaging around in the merch cupboard here having yourself to Gold. I don't own any radio merch because you kind just wander around out there in your own radio station. We're going, oh, are you the guy from Gold? Sorry, I don't like to make a big deal about it other than this logo. I wear everything.
Speaker 4: Oh, I wear the gold T shirt, the gold hoodie, and the gold sweatshirt.
Speaker 3: You don't, I do? I do. Not even Huggy would do that.
Speaker 4: That's embarrassing. I'm proud to work at the radio way.
Speaker 3: You're just saying that I do wear them.
Speaker 4: I'm not kidding about that, And I thought the boss would actually prefer us to rummage through that cabin and wear them because we're promoting the radio station as we're out and about on our journeys.
Speaker 3: You love free merch, so even now while we're living podcasts free merch. There are a lot of radio shows to have zero merch, right, but podcast it's actually quite a cool T shirt. That's cool.
Speaker 4: I'm getting to the end of my wardrobe. That's why I'm pulling out the podcast T shirts. But I do like a bit of free merch. If anybody listening has a small business or anything with free merch, I will wear your T shirt in this station. You might even get on the Instagram videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's an influence. I don't know, is I tell you what? Though? Because you are what are you?
Speaker 4: Six ' five six six three six four rand up?
Speaker 3: Always run it up as a guy six ' five. You are a human versine. You know that thing you see outside of car showroom sometimes that versus but I was in the winds ahstick mess. You're a human versus of that. So actually, if there is a medium size or small business that wants to be advertised, get a tool guy to be human billboard.
Speaker 4: I'll walk around as your billboard. I'll happily wear your merch on the show out on the streets. If it's a call design, I'll put it on.
Speaker 3: How are you going to define call design? Say that someone who who installs like air con or something like that, and they've got that because everyone these days they've got their little T shirts, haven't they that they turn up with their logo on.
Speaker 4: Yeah. If yeah, Brad's air Con Repair and your little logo of a man fixing an air con, I'll wear it.
Speaker 3: What about if it's just Brad's air con.
Speaker 4: Oh, if the design is cool, I'll wear it.
Speaker 3: If it's you know, are you actually going to assess what they look like what they send you?
Speaker 4: Maybe send me a photo first and I'll give your thumbs up thumbs up down.
Speaker 3: This is why this guy is an influencer. He can't just let anyone in that feed all right in does anyone want free advertising? You just need to have clothing much.
Speaker 4: You already haven't made, like even a cap. Would I wear a cap?
Speaker 3: Yes? I would? I have the way It was a total question then to start the show. Don't worry, We're done at him. So they just need their business on a bit of clothing cap, T shirt, hoody, half fleece, half fleece.
Speaker 4: Yes, if it's got your logo on it and I can wear it, I'll put it on.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: So Jack post the kindness of this man's heart. He is prepared as one of Australia's biggest influencers. Now that now Dea Bartana's sort of moved out the way for a bit, it's a vacancy. You can get some of those came up plates at the weekend. Makes plates is what I would to all those sharing plates. Really is what we're talking about. Anyway, Here is a pair. This is amazing, this is breaking right now.
Speaker 4: I'll be a walking advertisement for your business. If you already have merch that you've made with your logo on it, I'm happy to wear its.
Speaker 3: Companies have their own logo on the little breast pocket of something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right, So they're already, they're already existing. You probably got it shoved away in a cupboard somewhere. Give it to me. I'll wear it on the show and just give.
Speaker 3: Them an idea of where you'll be seen out about doing it, like walking that slankly twoth old dog or.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll be walking down by the parks of Coburg.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then obviously as we come out of lockdown, I'll be drifting further afield and get your business name out across.
Speaker 3: Drifting is essentially what he does after the show as well, is Radio six or nine after nine Melbourne's Drifter. He will just drifting around, but drifting and spend Yes, all right, nine four one O four three. If you we've got your logo on any bit of clothing, Jack will wear it. You're going to end up like one of those racing drivers, you know when they have an eighty seven our sales team. If we ever thought we were open to that that there would nothing will make them happen than you and I wearing a patchwork racing suit with eighty seven different spotsors on how we got here, Steve, Good morning, Good morning, don hyah, we're good Steve. So first of all, tell us the name of your business. Give yourself a chance.
Speaker 8: X Excavations in Bulk College.
Speaker 4: We missed the start of it.
Speaker 8: It's vic X Excavations and Bulk College, yep. And it's an earth moving business.
Speaker 4: And what is your merch Like.
Speaker 8: I've got I've got a blackwoody. It's got vic X Excavations on the back. It's also on both the sleeves on one side, it's got excavations. On the other side, it's got bulk collidge and on the fan of.
Speaker 3: So basically, when you you need to make sure that you're rotating like a ballerina so they get the whole message. Like you see is coming round excavation.
Speaker 4: It's a real three sixty effort by you, Steve. All done, that's right.
Speaker 8: I want to fight, I want I prove too, that you're actually wearing this hoodie.
Speaker 4: Okay, now, Steve, be honest the aesthetics. Is it a cool looking hoodie?
Speaker 8: It is a cool looking hoodie. It's got a yellow digga on the back and it's got my splargin on the digger that says digging to success.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, is there a digging pun on this? I was thinking it's the other when he said, like, can you dig it? But I like that dig into success is even better. Jack would proudly wear that.
Speaker 4: Steve, send it in.
Speaker 8: I will send it in. Certainly.
Speaker 4: What's so uh for a hoodie? Probably an extra large yeah?
Speaker 3: No on the why and then honestly, just get ready for that phone to start burning down at Steve, because I think if you're looking to have a lot on large volume of earth moved, you're often just driving around the Coburger going I hope I'm seeing adverts somewhere. So Steve is guaranteed to drive up extra business for you. Steve. Thanks you cool? Now, I saying, oh pleasure, Tim, Good morning?
Speaker 9: Huh Tim.
Speaker 1: My name is Tim Hip. I own a company called Inline Concrete Cutting and Corey Curen or Melbourne. I've got a dark great beanie with my lego it beanie.
Speaker 3: Yes, I would wear a beanie, but beanie can You can also while you're plugging Steve's thing, you can have the beanie up top of the hoodie as well.
Speaker 4: Now I am looking like the rice ca you're the march man, Tim. Aesthetically, it's because it's.
Speaker 1: A bean The lego is quite small, but it's got my braining on it, which is like holding a demo so or coutting up like a concrete.
Speaker 3: Not going on on that logo, isn't it on the on the bean headspace? But I love it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, send it in, Tim, We'll do that, Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Pleasure. Tim. Let's go to Jason. Jason. What have you got chaps?
Speaker 10: Hey, go on, we've listening to the show. I was winery and the govelly called botho Crego wines.
Speaker 3: A minute you had me at wines. Send all right, you need to send two things that much. Send me the wine.
Speaker 10: We can do that, no problems at all.
Speaker 3: Thank you. But I mean a sap like by nine.
Speaker 4: Did you say it's called Boto Crego Wines.
Speaker 10: Boto Crego Wines. Our logo is bagpipes in the shape of a boat. So classic black T shirt with that on the front, and then the name of our wine.
Speaker 3: Jason, You're gonna have to sew all this down, right, wine, I understand. The visuals understand are like a wine bottle of class. Why is it bagpipes involved?
Speaker 10: So our owners have Scottish that's.
Speaker 3: Very nice for them, but don't get it in the logo.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 10: So they came from a small town in Scotland called Crego and they had the fairy business that ran across the river, the f and so yeah, they decided to use parts in the shape of a boat.
Speaker 4: Bagpipes in the shape of a boat. Well, as you're walking through Dwann Murph, is you going to notice the logo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess logos have to stand out. I just thinking that. You know, Scotland is an amazing country, you know, known from any things. Wine is nowhere the coldest countries on Earth. There's no vineyards in Scotland for a reason. So but anyway, please I'd love to try some of the wines. What are you famous for pinos or what have you got?
Speaker 10: So pino and chardonnay. But at the moment we've got an absolutely ripe one James Holidays. This cabinet is regional cabinet last year.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's huge.
Speaker 10: That's a funny one. So I can send a bottle of that for you.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How many points did he give you?
Speaker 10: How we got ninety eight for that one?
Speaker 3: Wow. Saying you get ninety five or above, you're in the top one percent wines in the world. James Halladay is like the wine critic of the world. He's huge, but he loves He's done a lot for Australian wines and but ninety eight. I've rarely seen a wine that's got ninety eight, so it will be incredible.
Speaker 10: We also won dark Horse White James Sala's dark Horse one year in twenty eighteen as well. So we're doing all right there.
Speaker 3: That is amazing series. That's like World Pedigree. You're doing there. Yeah, absolutely, if people want to find out more, they want to get some wine at the moment. What's your website?
Speaker 10: So just Boto dot com of course knew.
Speaker 3: That they're really dubbing down that boat across Scotland.
Speaker 5: Boto Crago Wines, Yes, Odacrago Wines dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: All right, what's the what's the merch you've got for Jackie Boy, So.
Speaker 10: Your classic black T shirt with the logo on the front and then the name of their winery on the back.
Speaker 3: Cool. Love it all right, Jason, and also says do not, Jason, do not send me any free wines. I'm going to go on your website now. I'll order some for you guys. They sound amazing, So I don't don't send me someone. I'll buy some off. You'd love to try them?
Speaker 10: Well, if you jump online at the moment and then buy buy someone at all on the website. There, we're actually got a competition at the moment where you can moan a wall of wine.
Speaker 3: I never thought someone would bring me encourage me to enter a competition online, but hey, you know what in this six lockdown, anything goes.
Speaker 10: Two and a half thousand dollars online.
Speaker 3: And again I hear what you say, Jason. Basically I enter it. Guess who's won it?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the giggle You see the repercussions, so lem Me and the herald son craigieburn whatever they called that Ferry.
Speaker 7: Botogo Christian O'Connell show podcast yesterday, the world lost a sadly another comedy legend Norm McDonald.
Speaker 3: Many of you won't know the name, but you might have seen yesterday just about every comedian or comic character all pouring out their amazing tributes to a really, really, really funny guy and a wildly original funny man as well. We were saying yesterday, how when David Letterman finally bowed out on his very very last chat show, he could have called anyone to do the last stand up performance on it, and he called his favorite comedian he depeted on there more times than any other stand up and that was Norm McDonald. It's an amazing last set. You can find it on YouTube. It's brilliant. The thing there was great about normc donald does He had this kind of stumbling, very laconic delivery where you almost didn't know where he was going. He never quite knew where he was going. And he could take something like a really old topic and then add something new to which is what a great comic does. They've got that unique comic vision. If you've never heard of him. There is a really funny Netflix stand up special I think it was twenty seventeen, Hitler's Dog is what it's called, which says a lot about the sort of mindset of Norm MacDonald. Here's a bit from it. You've heard people do stuff before about the war. It doesn't feel like a very relevant topic anymore. But when Norman does it, I don't know, he just adds some sort of different beat to it. This is Norm McDonald.
Speaker 11: There is one country that worries me, though that Iraq, not Iran, that North Korea. The only country that really worries me is the country of Germany. I don't know if you guys are history buffs or not, but in the early part of the previous century, Germany decided to go to war. And who did.
Speaker 3: They go to war with the world.
Speaker 11: I had never been tried before, and so you figured that I would take about five seconds.
Speaker 3: For the world to win.
Speaker 11: But no, it was actually close. Then about then, about thirty years past, and Germany decides again to go to war, and again it chooses as its enemy the world.
Speaker 3: And this time they have that guy.
Speaker 11: That guy, and I'm not even going to dignify him by saying his name, but I mean, you know I'm doing. But you'd think at that point the war will go. Listen, Germany, here's the deal. You're not going to be a country no more on accounty. You keep attacking the world.
Speaker 3: That's a great Norm McDonald. You can watch us still stand up special on Netflix, Hitless Dog and other tricky It is brilliant. Just go on as well. If you haven't got Netflix, go on YouTube and just type in Norm MacDonald chat show appearances. There's some great stuff there well.
Speaker 7: Christian o connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Nothing we have a talk about the show is ever left completely dead. You can email us at any time Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. So of your emails that have come in yesterday late, why we get excited about the Grand Final next week? We know it's not the MCG, but we are the home right now. We want to hear your stories anything to do about the MCG. This first one comes from Russell Christian. Let me take you back to set the scene. Sunday, March seventeenth, nineteen seventy seven Centenai Test Australia of US as England. I was seventeen. I'd taken by in a statewide cricket ball throwing competition. This is what would have passed his high end entertainment. How far can you not that cricket ball.
Speaker 4: How do you get out of your small town? If you can love a cricket ball, you can make it.
Speaker 3: It's a guy like me, daddy going to get a break to get to a big city. Why Sonny keep throwing that bar? My name my land in the MCG. That's a Tennessee version of that story. And I just make click. Is he actually driven around Victoria? We don't speak like that. Wow, And let's just remind ourselves in nineteen seventy seven, this was a statewide thing, not some small scale things. This is so good we need to scour the state to find the next generation of cricket ball throwers. Anyway, was invited to the MCG as part of the Centenary Test lunchtime entertainment four Get Ready Guys the longest throw competition. I was the first and out of the ten had all made it to be called out by the MS, by the MCG at the mc Sorry at the mc at the MCG. Too many MC's. In front of eighty thousand people, I threw This is actually amazing for a seventeen year old kid, what an arm on him? I threw ninety seven meters. Wow.
Speaker 4: If you think of one hundred minute running track, throwing it from one end to the other.
Speaker 3: There's no way, there's no How far do you think you could throw a cricket ball?
Speaker 4: I don't reckon. I could get it from the boundary back into the start.
Speaker 3: Have you tried throwing something really far? It really hurts you up afterwards, there's a shake in it. What do you think you could get ten to twenty?
Speaker 4: You should ever throw in competition on the show?
Speaker 3: How far do you reckon? I reckon, Patsy, I reckon, you could really lob it.
Speaker 4: Nah, I'd go about a meter and again no, no, you're surprised, like really, we'd gone like a snow trip together and you knocked this out with a snow.
Speaker 3: If you yelled at Christ where we love God to run deep and you try to you take out your issues by trying to hit him on the head, I reckon, you clear ninety seven meters with that? Our friend him only came fourth.
Speaker 4: So who was the winner over one hundred meter?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: What a throw?
Speaker 3: Yeah amazing. I got to meet all the Aussie players and the remark was, what a buzz They need to bring back the cricket ball throw. When did the world say we don't need that anymore. It's not exciting enough. Russell. That is a great email, Thank you very much. Another mcg story. This one's titled Dad Broke My Heart. This is a hell of a story this one. This is from Karen Christian. I'm a lifelong Blue supporter CARLT supporter thanks to my dad's influence, and I think I may have missed my one and only chance of seeing them in a Grand Final. My dad actually had tickets to go to the nineteen seventy nine Grand Final. Well can't and beat Collinwood. The only thing better than winning a Grand Final ticket is one where you beat Collinwood. Dad was a union rep and was given tickets by his boss at the time as a bit of an incentive to overlook some safety issues on the job site he was working at.
Speaker 4: Is that our second day in a row of look the other way?
Speaker 3: This is amazing. He explained to me why he would and couldn't use the tickets, and whilst I kind of understood this, it still broke my heart that we wouldn't get to go to the Grand Final, and of course he can't win. Dad stuck the unused Grand Final tickets to his hard hat and wore them into work on the Monday to show the boss he could not be bribed. It's quite a statement, that, isn't it.
Speaker 4: But he's still he didn't use the ticket, he's too No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we didn't get to watch it on TV together, so all was not lost, even though it was heartbroken, heartbroken. I'm very proud of my now late dad. That's how come from. Karen, Karen, thanks your ticket. Christian and I have a hidden treasure story. We were talking about this the other day, about what have you found. A few years ago my great uncle passed away. His wife had passed away five years beforehand. We were empty in the house, ready to sell it all off. Oh ma, he's sound like vultures there, doesn't it. You know they're even taking his pulse and he looks dead. Get his stuff, Get that wedding way off. I was in charge of emptying the bedroom. Look all, did any of the rooms? All right? I want the bedroom. No, that's not fine, I want the bedroom. I'm the eldest. Give me the bedroom which had one of those fully fitted wardrobe draw units that were ohso fashionable in the nineties. We had one about five years ago in England. Tell me, oh mate. When I was emptying the drop drawer, I found a few items and they fell down the back, so I went to retrieve them, removing the bottom drawer, and I found a load of other items around the back. Over an hour, I found loads of hidden jewelry, even a there was a hidden panel behind the wardrobe. Eventually we got it all valued. My loot was worth over twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: I dream of the hidden panel, the hidden panel. Just imagine coming across the hidden.
Speaker 3: Panel sadly an auntie or uncle with a lot of money. I don't know if you've got any of those in your family. I certainly haven't. They've just left debts more than anything. I start Hidden loop. I lovely emails. We love getting your emails. Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian o'connells podcast.
Speaker 3: This week on the eighties of the eighties. Yesterday we were breaking down the letter are and a tiny bit of que There's not a lot to do with le que once you get bas queen. Who do we play yesterday?
Speaker 4: Stacey cue Stacy, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, So it's time of the one second winner. This is a game we play with the eighties. I play a clips is one second long of a song from the eighties this week all to do with the letter? Are so the artist or the song title? The letter? Are schools at my own? Patsy you're on eight and a half? Jackie Boy, you're on six and a half. Are you ready ready the letter? Are song title or artist? Relaxed? I think Jackie Boy one million points to Jackie Boy six? I was boring, alright, what is this?
Speaker 4: It's right on time? Black box.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm Paty. One point for Patsy. Then he just landed random. You never know any does your land on the older million point one? That was just sandy. You can't have it every time. It gets a bit silly, guys. All right, who is place? He's just said police can get out. Jack Boy gets that and he's landed on the ten million dollars. I was hoping to get there, so no, he got police. Give you half a point half a point insist? All right?
Speaker 4: This is she gets half a point by I get my ten million to help me away out here.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is worth a billion, thank you?
Speaker 4: Oh yes, Falco, Yeah, I'll rock.
Speaker 3: One billion. Well done. This one is worth a trillion. I understand that because the producer and going to work at how many zeros next week's score when we get to them.
Speaker 4: Okay, Brian Adams run to you.
Speaker 3: Still a.
Speaker 4: Trillion?
Speaker 3: All right? This one is worth one hundred thousand trillion points. What's high than a trillion?
Speaker 4: Gazillion?
Speaker 3: All right? This is worth a gazillion.
Speaker 6: Rock set, get set, get to the get your party, get get get set.
Speaker 3: Now what was going to call a song? Get set? Hey, guys, get.
Speaker 4: Set, taxi run success, get get your overalls.
Speaker 3: On mine to jack, rock set and get your overalls on.
Speaker 4: The dress?
Speaker 3: Does anyone get the big point? Does anyone? All right? You get half a gazillion? Percy Well, you're.
Speaker 7: Listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Victoria Melbourne needs your ideas been concented by the Herald's son. They're asking people, prominent Victorians, good morning, get this right? In a hundred and worse? What can you do an hundred words to come up with some big idea for the future of Victoria and Melbourne. I didn't know this, but in the next five years will become get ready Melbourne the biggest city in Australia. Yeah, we went with a move anywhere the system can't go and win. The second biggest bring on the chaos.
Speaker 4: And a big city needs big ideas. So they've come to.
Speaker 3: You absolutely, and I'm coming to you go and have you got any big ideas? I can tell them that these are my big ideas. That's all that come on today's show. Before that, then do you owner as well? We really read out a shoping list of things that we'd love to hear from people who own any of these this morning. Then do you owner metal detector? Pree rare thing to see someone with the old school metal detector out having a good old look around. I mean the UK every weekend. Have you ever seen that very funny TV show The Detectorists.
Speaker 4: Reality No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: It's a comedy drama with Mackenzie Crook from the Office right they play Goath. It's actually really going to Martin Freeman as well. It's very good. But anyway, the UK see a lot of them because they might be like there often is like coins from the Roman era or the Saxons and stuff like that. You might find a little fruit ball or butter dish.
Speaker 4: I guess here you're more looking for nuggets of gold because they kind of got it all. It's still out there. I'm tempted to get in a metal detector.
Speaker 3: I love them. They look like a lot of fun. So we'd love to speak to anyone who owns a metal detector. Also, anyone who owns something inflatable. And I'm thinking about what about if it's people that do own one of those, you know, I'm talking about a friend weekend friends?
Speaker 4: Do we take that a certain type of doll? You we take that if someone was honest enough to come on and go, yeah, I've got honest.
Speaker 3: Enough, they're not going to say that there. I'm stowing it for a friend like old Chris looking after those. He's got pump up sade whatever they call.
Speaker 4: Up in the attic, And who's the dolls?
Speaker 3: Chris is a friend of mine. They're like crash test dummies, but really cheap ones. Anything inflatable, anything inflatable. Also, we're not hit a judge. If you have got a little weekend friend, that's up to you, all right, So yeah, something inflatable metal detector. It's quite shopping this week, isn't it. Wait? I just realized what the last thing is bagpipes. That is literally what I've got written down in my sharpie. Here is metal detector, bagpipes and somethink inflatable. Give a score. Do you own any of those? We have got spot prize this for some of your calls today. One hundred dollars worth of coffee Chaie hot chocolate from Industry Beans. And of course we've still got twenty of the world's greatest scour of your kitchen, the scrub Daddy. All right, So if they've got the bagpipes, we want.
Speaker 4: To hear them, find out and the bagpipes up.
Speaker 3: You don't fire them up. It starts with the wheezing.
Speaker 4: Do your impression of it, all right?
Speaker 3: Okay? As become a bagpipe? It sounds like someone's menesting a cat.
Speaker 4: They are a terrible instrument. I love the Scottish, but the bagpipe is a terrible instagram.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they do sound really, really nice, but it's the amateur enthusiast that it's hard on the ear. Anyway, who doesn't want to be want to hear bagpipes on the radio? This morning, Metal Detectors give us a call and something inflatable.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Do you own us? Guess? A song on bagpipes by the Red Hot Chili Pipeost. I've actually seen this bagpipe band live. They are ready good.
Speaker 4: Now This is journey, isn't it?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 3: But done on the medium of the pipes. Thank you boys. That's enough. Now do you own something inflatable? A set of bagpipes and a metal detector? Not all three of those? Any of those? Do you own anything inflatable? Do you own a set of bagpipes? And we'd love to speak to anyone who has a metal detector? Bianchi riot first this morning.
Speaker 13: Hi, how about you?
Speaker 3: I'm very good and I hope you were this one thanks to calling the show. So what do you got from our shopping list?
Speaker 13: My girlfriend loves to buy different things, so she decided on eBay she was going to buy this three foot or four foot which huge inflatable sharks a remote control, which she delighted in frightening people when they came into the house. But the best thing is when she got it was flat and we had to go to Spotlight and get it.
Speaker 1: He filled up with helium.
Speaker 13: Yeah, was walking around Spotlight floating sharing people.
Speaker 3: And what's the remote control with then does it fly through the air and sort of get people.
Speaker 13: It doesn't fly through the air, but in spotlight she couldn't control.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tell you what, those helium balloons. I've had to go and do that spotlight for her kids' birthdays and stuff like that. You the ones they got the helium in them. They have a life of their own, is out there alive. They just want to go up in the sky and get a good view up there. It's not even just getting them in the car is a nightmare, isn't it.
Speaker 13: That was another story in itself. Yeah, trying to put this thing in the car. She's pushing it in one way, it was firing out the other.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know, some cobbers with a drunken perk get them in the DIVV van. You know, they don't want to go in.
Speaker 4: And the ankle was all that trouble worth it was it, you know, everything you went through to scare your.
Speaker 13: Friends, because she delighted in scaring our friends and that kind with this stupid shark.
Speaker 4: But if I'm coming to your house and in the air, I don't think it's a real shark.
Speaker 3: I would punch it, you know. That mascot person jumped out me once for some cinematy. I just punched it. I told he was attacking. It was irritating if I went around that out and that came coming. I guess when's where's the shark? Can we just get a deal? I'd have a knife.
Speaker 13: Ready, doesn't know, but it has got a pin pick in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly what your friends has got. Wise just a little one you don't know for a couple of days. And did the shark have a name?
Speaker 13: No, she just used to call it sharky genius.
Speaker 3: Alright, alright, be ankle, I think you've been on the helium. The anchor should giving us a call. They love that shark. Dean, good morning.
Speaker 9: Good morning, how are you all?
Speaker 3: We're good, Dean. So what have you got if you've got bagpipes and metal detect or something inflatable?
Speaker 9: I've got a metal detector, I've made my partner, my wife got a metal detector. We've got a mine lab eight hundred so we playing one hundred year old corn and gold and relics.
Speaker 3: That is incredible. So is that is that like the highlight of your plunder that you found? What else have you got?
Speaker 9: Ah, well, we've seen it on gold. We've had a lot of old mind sights.
Speaker 3: You go through.
Speaker 9: You have to buy a license for all this. So you can't just buy a metal detect and go out detecting and go to buy a license from the from the government and then.
Speaker 3: Any kind of excuse to get some money out of us with a permit. So what is the permit called? Is it called a license to what detect?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Just a miner's right, miner's right to metal detect.
Speaker 14: I think it's called yeah.
Speaker 4: And then do you have to declare the gold you found paid taxes?
Speaker 10: No check?
Speaker 3: I think you're meant to say yes again. You never know who's listening. No chance, didn't think about that. It's mine, you know.
Speaker 14: You don't.
Speaker 10: You don't have to, you don't.
Speaker 9: You don't declare it not You just can't go into mind with someone owns her mind. They've got numbers on registration numbers, and you can't go into that.
Speaker 3: Last thing of people tore down some mind shaft boring into the ground and then she's just one round vide odds. You can't do that, guys.
Speaker 9: You can't even do that nowadays. It's just unsafe. You don't know what you're getting into. It's a lot of danger. With my daughter went head first into one. I pulled her out feet first because she just wanted to go.
Speaker 10: Into the mind.
Speaker 9: So it's signed you anymore.
Speaker 10: But it's just too danger like an anteme.
Speaker 3: Road run a cartoon disappear headfirst into a mine.
Speaker 9: Yes, yeah, that's how how sick some of them sleeper are they are? So yeah, they go down found an old Chinese coins So it's about one hundred years old, just got the other pinning with hams.
Speaker 3: How exciting. That must be amazing? So what and do you go to a guy to get them value? Because how do you know it's one hundred years old?
Speaker 9: Well, because it's got the date on it.
Speaker 3: Those Chinese?
Speaker 4: How do you go?
Speaker 3: There's the answer, he said, this is really old.
Speaker 9: Some of the amazing some of the technology, the old guys.
Speaker 3: It's got the best before that on the Yeah, yeah, going must be redeemed the century. And tell me about the old Milo nine hundred, the mon.
Speaker 9: Lab eight hundred.
Speaker 10: So what of these?
Speaker 9: It does relics and it does gold as well, so you so mine lab does do a lot of detectors, so you can go to the mine mine lab a hundred monster, so that's a proper gold one. So it's not as easy because you've got to each piece of land you go to, you've got to balance it because of the interference. So there's so much all minerals in the Grande there out, so each place you go to you've got to balance it again. Then you start from scratch again because I do a lot of metal detecting in the beach as well as as well, so they're waterproof up to certain right, so gold's got a different numbers.
Speaker 3: They go down the beach every day walking up. I've never seen a dude just wondering with a metal detector. He's found a shit, right.
Speaker 9: Well, then they're down at Eastern I found a couple of old coins down yeah Geelong, Yeah, Eastern Booch because you go where where all the history years so wins in wednsday needs to be an old greyhound track down there. Back in wivestand Fansom old coins there as well, Penis And so tell me.
Speaker 3: This thing that the machine you've got, right, do you mind me asking how much it is? What is like a thousand BUNCKSI.
Speaker 9: Mine's only an eight hundred twelve hundred dollars one, but you can get ones we go deeper and they distinguished, They tell you everything virtually. Mine was just the beginner's one. So there's a beginnings one of mind Lab six hundred. Go go find that was the beginner's one. So if you like it, go and bought something like that first thing gradually go wow idea.
Speaker 3: I'd love the idea of borrowing one for a weekend, just and just I'm that kind of dope that thinks immediately the moment gets out of the car, he's suddenly going to find like a ship wreck the ark. It was his first time and beginner's luck.
Speaker 12: I guess where mind Colin don a ring with ting green There was a diamond insert So in the Bootstin and me talking somewhere, can you said it was just a ting grain that was.
Speaker 4: Imagine all the mind Labs six hundred you can buy with that?
Speaker 3: And do they use sonar? Is that what the money is where it sort of literally goes into the ground and lets you know what's there and how far down is Yeah?
Speaker 9: What depends on the on the coils where as well, So different coills give you different links, gives you a bit of readings, but there's a lot of interference from the overhead paralligans as well. That's why he got balanced and you know with sand throws it out as well.
Speaker 3: So the scene if you're in there, you know, well, I have loved chanting to you, mate, genuine it's actually been really into just good on here.
Speaker 9: Thank you guys, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: The next time you find one of those Chinese coins, they've got the date on. That's so you know, all right, Dan, thank you very much for give us a call. We'll give you a prize. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So we're doing. Do you owner any of these items? We're keen to talk to you if you own a set of bagpipes. I think it's called a set of bagpipes, and this is called bagpipes.
Speaker 4: Bagpipes are set of bagpipe. I think it's just bagpipes, isn't it.
Speaker 3: No, they're a set.
Speaker 4: I'll get my set out of the truck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go get your set of pipes anyway. Look, bagpipes inflatables and metal detectors, any of those nine four one four one oh four three, Hey Peter, Hey you going guys, good pizza. So what do you own I own.
Speaker 14: A six foot inflatable Santa.
Speaker 3: That is a big old santurn obviously you get him out. What's some of the year, Not like early on Pats.
Speaker 14: Early just before last Christmas, so he's only been out for one Christmas. Mum gave me two boxes that she thought were kettles. Well, one of them was a kettle and the other one was a six foot inflatable Santa.
Speaker 4: It happens all the time.
Speaker 3: So your mum was giving you a kettle in a box and the other box was a six foot Santa.
Speaker 14: Yes, she didn't know it was a Santa, and she doesn't know where it came from.
Speaker 3: It's not just a small one, it's just six foot one. You must remember buying it.
Speaker 14: No, she doesn't. She doesn't know where it came from. She is eighty six years old and starting to lose a little bit. So I'm not surprised, thing, isn't it.
Speaker 3: They get a bit old and confused. I always goes for like six foot Santa. That's one of the medary testers.
Speaker 14: Oh this one is a bit weird too. He's got a mechanical alarm with a set of binoculars on it that moves up to his eyes and back down again. Yeah, like a turvy center. He's also holding a gun.
Speaker 3: Why is he holding a gun?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 14: I asked the same question. I've never seen how many.
Speaker 3: He's just with the old reindeer. He's having a good old wave, doesn't it. Oh no, I don't know hunting, So why is he hunting elf reindeer? He's gone bad hunting?
Speaker 4: Hunting? Naughty kids, don't get that.
Speaker 3: Naughty children listening right now.
Speaker 4: Don't be naughty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get elf on the shelf, armed elf on the shelf. First shots, A warning one in the air kids, second one, you won't be so lucky right in the old budgets. Okay, Peter, thank you very much for cool with all that, little Peter. That's a great one. Take care mate. Who else have we got here?
Speaker 5: Richard Richard, Yes, yes, yes, born and born in Christian Patsy and Jack Morning Richard. I have two metal detectors, mind lab first one fast US eleven and a half thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Well it's better, it's cheaply gone by the gold. He's chatting to the guy. He's found something. He's got a hundred year old Chinese coin, buy that off him some money? Well, I mean I want for that money it should come with a small team that do it all for me digging out and well that's incredible. So one is eleven and a half thousand.
Speaker 5: Yep, it is the top of the range of mine. Lad, it is forty percent deeper than anything else that can can go forty percent deeper than anything else on the market.
Speaker 3: How deep is that? What does that actually mean? Like a couple of miles?
Speaker 5: Well, it depends on the side. If that let's say go to New England.
Speaker 3: Can you see my mum birthday birthday actually today?
Speaker 5: If it was a make the deep, it might be you know, the size of your fist. So if it was five meters deep, it might be the size of the harb on it.
Speaker 4: I get you, I get you. So it has to be it has to be bigger to be seen deeper, deeper, Yes, like you can't get a spec of gold that's two meters deep.
Speaker 10: No, No, you're right, but they're doing.
Speaker 4: Saying things deeper. Doesn't that mean you just have to do more digging?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's got like an inspector gadget arm and that will go out and just borrow ten dollars shovel. You're going to pay exit for that one. And so what have you found with the old mind lamb.
Speaker 5: There's lots of gold, but just small stuff. We go out to the Golden Triangle at me tall but May and a friend of mine.
Speaker 3: Oh that sounds like someone from some sort of old movie. I love to sound the Golden Triangle. So what banner out way?
Speaker 5: And yep, get better around that area.
Speaker 3: That just loads of you out there like rival gangs. Well the metal you know, this is our Lston with those big old detectives clank clank. I've got the mind lap, I've got the undid beginners model. You don't belong here, rookie.
Speaker 10: You people out there, you.
Speaker 4: Won't find any car bondarms with that old piece.
Speaker 3: Of old Chinese chariot. All right, Richard, thank you very much and cool, all right, thank you well.
Speaker 7: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: I've been asked to come up with some ideas for this great city and Victoria, and I think that we should involve you on that search for the next big thing of the next couple of years as we head towards apparently becoming the Australia's biggest city, which would be amazing. Jackie boy, what's going going on with you?
Speaker 4: I'm feeling a bit sheepish today, actually, because how's this? Yesterday? I took Luna to the oval near our house. And you know, Luna's a border Collie. They love fetching, so usually if I don't bring a ball, she'll get a stick, bit of tam bake, anything you've fed with. So at the oval and she finds this discarded sandal, and which an odd thing for somebody to leave behind, but I thought, all right, if it's just one sandal, no one's going to really miss it. You can play with it. So I'm chucking this sandal back and forth to her walking around the oval. I get down to the other end and there's this guy in a full soccer kit and he's taken himself through his own workout and he's got like you know how people run through cones and stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh why, he's got those little mini cones.
Speaker 4: But he's improvised with his own stuff. So he's got his jump out, his hat out, and he's left sandal out.
Speaker 3: You found the owner.
Speaker 4: I realized what he was doing was he was running back and forth between the left sandal at one end and the right sand.
Speaker 3: He's getting a really good workout.
Speaker 4: But now his other cone is in Luna's mouth. She's slobbering all over it. I've been using it as a frisbee.
Speaker 3: And obviously because she's been chewing it, it's probably like knaka now because she's.
Speaker 4: Just like grabbing it in her mouth. He hasn't, Luckily, he's doing like push ups and burpies and sprints. He hasn't seen us as we walk past him. I tried to hurry her back down the other end of the oval and get the sandal back to where he had it before, put her.
Speaker 3: All the way. She wasn't even gonna say anything.
Speaker 4: I've tried to get away with it because there's a possibility he hasn't seen me using it as a frisbee and that it's.
Speaker 3: So he's just suddenly going to run out and go, what the heck? Soone savage that with dog slabber.
Speaker 4: Well, what I was hoping you'd think is that when he got there and it was a bit damp, that it was the moisture of the grass and it was a bit of a dewy day.
Speaker 3: Really aggressive glass that's chewed up, showed out with teeth, barks. God, what kind of turf there use around here at the oval?
Speaker 4: Well, I'll never know what he thought of it, because we made a quick exit. The trick is in that situation, don't look behind you, pick a point on the horizon and go towards it.
Speaker 3: So what did he's sunny? This?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 3: This ring and gravel turned up as a dog's looking out the window, go like that sandal.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: Sometimes in this job you're asked to do. I had a quote for something and had an email yesterday from our head of public relations for this radio station, our show, Robin. And the question that she's asking me has come from The Herald Sun, and I thought i'd get your take on this. Good morning, Christian. I hope you very well, I am, Robin, thanks for asking. The Held's Sun is putting together series around the theme Future Victoria. It will look at the ideas, projects or needs the city should address as its population begins to grow again in the next five years, Melbourne will be Australia's biggest city. As part of the series, they are reaching out to high profile Victorians good morning and leaders don't think they meant me to ask them to provide a one hundred word answer. All right, be quick. Then she wants to save the city.
Speaker 4: The future of Melbourne. To make it quick.
Speaker 3: You know what is this a tipebreak to win something, a years of live bow buns. A one hundred odd word answer to the following question, what's your changing idea for Melbourne and Victoria? They are after a specific project, event, initiative or idea that will change Melbourne or Victoria for the better over the next five years. When Melbourne comes biggest city in Australia. Now the idea needs to be as specific as possible. For example, now, normally when I get one of these emails, they chuck in it. For example, that is so average. You look at that and go, ah, right, well, I can at least do that this. I was like, oh, I don't think I can do any of this.
Speaker 4: So is this the Herald Sun's example or is this Robin's example.
Speaker 3: Harold Sun's for example, something like establish a hydrogen research plant. You guys know, I'm always touched on this show about my idea for a particle accelerator for the city. You know, I keep saying, use that wheel that we're not going to use any more the Star. Put it on the side and spin them atoms.
Speaker 4: When people are looking at Australia to come from overseas, they're like Sidney or Melbourne. Well, Melbourn's got the had drunk clade. We can't miss that, have to go.
Speaker 3: You know, that's not even about this.
Speaker 4: It's the bridge, forget about that.
Speaker 3: It's got a hydrogen research facility that's got a kick ass gift shop. All right. So my deadline is midday tomorrow high noon to save the city. The clock is ticking, which is one I thought i'd bring you guys in. You live here, it's your city, genuinely. If you've got any ideas, whatever they are, I'm looking for ideas that we can put in the Herald Sun. I'll say who they're from. I've only got one hundred words to keep it snappy. But for the future of this city, it's actually quite interesting. So yester and evening I was starting to think about early ideas. Yep, okay, so these are just top.
Speaker 4: Line idea definitely, because think we just lost the Melbourne Star as well, so we're in an attraction down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also we aren't anymore because of the lockdowns we've been subjected to. We used to be the most libipool city in the world. I came in because of this. Now it's Vienna, so to restore civic pride. Number one idea this city loves dogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's pretty universal.
Speaker 3: This city loves dogs. Australia's biggest dog festival. I've got a title. It's at the MCG mcg. That's a cute dog. Wow. These are just early ideas.
Speaker 4: You know, you've had an idea for a dog festival before that had a better name, was it dog Taberfest.
Speaker 3: This is why I said these are early ideas. The other one is you have been to an amusement park and you're getting the old log ride, the log flu Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've been to the disneylandge Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. What about having a giant one here that is a public transport system? Yes, what a great We've got the Yarrow, We've got the water you funnel that around Sally Cap shout out to SCHELLI Cap. You need to get a team on this. They've got the brawn equipment of that big old tunnel where they would build a giant, mega city wide Victoria White. So you're out in Ballarat, you want to come into a big smoke. You're getting your family, getting your log and you might take a while and you make your way that thing that goes and it stops you. And what just a great way to get into the CBD for commuters. You can go other roads or the train or the tram or the log flu Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then if you come in from Sydney you gop mempuller yeah, and then speed up there Melbourn.
Speaker 3: Suddenly you're in the CBD. Who wouldn't want to arrive at work having got there? You just snap out their house onto a spare log flume with a couple of other people. Morning day, Morning Barry, you get the back of the log flom and you make your way into work. Okay.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've ever been on one of those things, but they're extremely slow getting from Bellarut to Melbourne. Wouldn't take four get up earlier.
Speaker 3: Listen to the show at six am when we start and the other thing. And I think this could be the kicker this city needs, the biggest giant thing Australia has Australia's famous having these giant things. We love our big thing and we did the road tip at Easter time. We went to Adelaide. We saw the old Quana, we saw the lobster. We need some cheap ho giant. We need to find out what it's the tallest one in Australia and inch it needs to be Australia's biggest fiberglass whatever it is. I don't know what the animal or early idea is a chicken, palm or an avocado. You guys love a palm, you love the avocado.
Speaker 4: So I'm just scrolling through the big things. We got a lot of big things, so I'm sifting here. But the two biggest I can see big Pineapple and GIMPI sixteen meters pretty tall. But the big Marino. I don't know if you've been up the Hume Highway on your way to Sydney, but it's a big giant ram. He's eighteen meters tall. We need to have this at least twenty then twenty meters.
Speaker 3: But what is it? Okay, this is when we need your help, So give us a call if you've got any ideas whatsoever. Nine four one four one oh four to three. What does this city and Victoria need or if you just got an idea for a giant fiberglass? What too many? It doesn't even have to be linked to the city, really is it? Because some of them are quite random.
Speaker 4: They're so random and I'm looking at it. New South Wales has got so many big things. What do they got big potato, big prawn, biggest sun?
Speaker 3: About a giant spots?
Speaker 4: It's ten long.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Christian O Carl's Show podcast.
Speaker 3: So the Herald Son have asked me to contribute. They won one hundred words to the following question, what is your game changing idea for Melbourne and Victoria over the next five years? Have we become Australia's biggest city? Can be anything? Thank you very much for taking part in this future Victoria, Melbourne, Thank you Justin And where Abe? What about a giant Shane warn? Is he sack cross legged like a Buddha.
Speaker 4: I'm like the giant giant warning giant warning.
Speaker 3: People will come from all over the world. They're the voto secing with the giant way sat cross legged.
Speaker 4: I think like a Buddha, he should live in there as well.
Speaker 3: In the eyes. So when the lights go out at night time for warning, denies go out justin. That's a great one. What about giant cup of coffee?
Speaker 4: No, it's just really it's just a big cylinder, the big sharing football.
Speaker 3: Yes, that is a great idea. What about the giant lartie? All right, let's take some of your calls.
Speaker 4: Right, I've found the biggest thing. By the way, what is not the ram? There's a big funnel web spider in Queensland. Oh sorry, New South Wales near Wollongong. That's nineteen meters tall, twenty two meters wide.
Speaker 3: Wow, well it's got to be at least twenty minutes high. We have a giant something, Jason.
Speaker 15: Gooday guys, Hey, well, if we're going to go twenty let's go twenty one. Let's make it a big middle finger directed at New South Wales.
Speaker 3: Don's out there now, positioning it towards Gladys.
Speaker 4: And it just started as a fist like a wench.
Speaker 3: Jason, I don't need a hundred words, we just need a picture of this mechanical thing that gets flipped. Does he get flipped every day at midday on the strike of twelve? No?
Speaker 15: Not why midday eleven o'clock.
Speaker 5: That's the time, Slott.
Speaker 3: Jason. That is a genius idea. Well done, Thanks guys, love that. Roger. Good morning, Roger. Hello, good Roger.
Speaker 15: I'm thinking of the biggest Bunning sausage, but.
Speaker 3: A snack, the giant fiberglass snag.
Speaker 4: That's a great I could sit on one of those big bunnies because they're huge places, big.
Speaker 3: Roof on the roof. Yeah, Roger, that's a great one. Thank you very much for your idea. Roger, Pat good morning.
Speaker 6: Yes, good morning, Christian, Petsy jack Man. Yes, I look, I think you can't go more than a giant Ned Kelly. He was, you know, the ruler of it, you know, an icon of Melbourne and he terrorized New South Wales as well. But he was he got executed in the old Melbourne jail and everyone around the world.
Speaker 4: Ned Kelly, Yeah, a couple of things. Yeah, he wasn't the ruler.
Speaker 3: And we've already got what scored. Did Pat go to this guy's to rule this place? He did a great job. Seriously, stuff got done or he got really pissed. You want to hanger Ned.
Speaker 4: And we've already got too big Ned Kelly, Glenn Rowan.
Speaker 3: Imagine I just filled one hundred words with this. A giant mechanical extrocuted Ned Kelly, Ned Kelly, that's what the city needs, all right, Pat, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: I know we've got we've got going Rowland. But he did get executed in the Melbourne Go Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, you got that bit right, all right, buddy, nine out of ten, thanks Pat. He's a big fan of old ned Key. You go in his house, there's a lot of old Neddie. Get there, dear old son. I fixed it. I've got it towards ned Kelly. Peter, good morning, good morning, how are you? I'm good Peter. What is your idea then, for the future of this city and Victoria?
Speaker 15: Well, mate, everybody in Melbourne loves a bit of a punt and we have it. We've lost in Melbourne Wheel. Why don't we just clip it on a side and turn it into the world's for just real wet wheel.
Speaker 3: That is actually great. That is a really really good live on.
Speaker 4: We're wondering what was going to happen to it?
Speaker 3: It's well and where would you place it at Lunar Park?
Speaker 15: Oh mate, well we could make it a floating rue or something mate, just put it out in the middle of the bay.
Speaker 3: Is going on a big thinking, big blue sky thinking he put it out the wrong What do we do with it?
Speaker 15: Somehow just put it down off and killed a peer there somewhere, And yeah, everybody can walk around and throw their coins in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love the idea thoughts. So all right, Peter, thank you very much. Okay, these are amazing ideas.
Speaker 7: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: We're looking Fridays for the future of Victoria and Melbourne. What do we need? Been asked by The Herald's son. They're doing some asking about the future of this city as we would come over the next five years, Australia's biggest city. What do you think it needs? We've kind of focused on really the biggest giant thing of Australia that Melbourne needs to be known for, something visual. You know now the stars no more and everyone's laughing about that. We need to come back strong.
Speaker 4: And there's big things all over Australia that are really famously banana, pineapple, the big marino, the big prawn.
Speaker 3: What did they sound like? A class of ten year olds came up with, don't they adults? Didn't come up with this, did they? The children dragon with laser eyes? Great?
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh if you leave it up to the adults, then you come up with that hydrogen plant or.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Question. What about a giant souvlaki great on here Vanessa Pine sauce that's from Cindy, the world's biggest drop bear, Christian. They're like Koala's, but with sass we're squashed the funnel web. Christian. I think we should have the biggest penguin, or better still, the biggest floating restaurant slash Bar Claire. Well, next to it can be the old giant farm Roulette will until we're trying to push it on, Christian. What about giant truck stuck permanently under the Montague Street Bridge, Jake, that's a great idea about all the other trucks that have been waist there over the it's a giant merv Hughes tash. That's all Marcus. Christian that we need a giant smashed avo on tos and someone else at a giant Dean boxer as well. Thank you very much for these. Seriously keep them coming today. We'll get back into them tomorrow. We're moving on now in to Patsy's news and the time wastter. You can email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Let's save Melbourne.
Speaker 7: Well Christian o connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: We have to get audio this about it. You know, it's a big thing that Scomo's doing, which they love those submarines ha boys with their toys.
Speaker 4: Have you seen the footage of it? It's playing live in the background. It's like a zoom between Biden, Scomo and Boris Johnson. So Biden has to keep looking back and forth to his different screens on either side of his He's left and right shoulder.
Speaker 3: He and obviously this is a lot going on for Joe Biden. You know, apparently when he came to talk about Scott Wilson he forgot his name. There's audio where he referred to him as that fella from down under. Patsy. We have to get this audio.
Speaker 4: I applaud that is that fellow from down under?
Speaker 3: That is so patrizing. We need to hear this audio. Can we try and get hold of.
Speaker 4: That, pats Yeah, I looked for it.
Speaker 3: That is amazing. Someone just said, Christian, you need to get on this, I'm watching it. Joe Biden just sleeping. Jones forgot the Australian Prime mister names called him that fella from down Under.
Speaker 4: How can we expect him to discuss the details of nuclear sub if it's like, what is your name again?
Speaker 3: Are you again? You're not Boris? He's Boris, that crazy haired one who you.
Speaker 4: Guys keep changing too often?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, time wasted. Today Hikea is hosting its first ever music festival today musicians, designers, chefs and speakers for an immersive twenty four hour event streamed live on their website. Oh it's so on brand.
Speaker 4: Twenty four hours is a pretty long music festival.
Speaker 3: It takes a builder on their cabin. All right, guys, it's the world's first festival where there's the stage. You've got to build it yourself. It's an Ikea one you know from Stargan or something. Anyways, headline by we love this guy. We are right across this on this show, Oh mate, DJ Katranda, Sorry headline and so glad he's headlining at last and that kid's getting a break. That is great news.
Speaker 4: Uh sorry, I thought that was one of your time oisters.
Speaker 3: Is someone that is actually who it's head?
Speaker 4: Last am I bologing. I was trying to get the joke.
Speaker 3: And TikTok influencer pastor queen. The world is changing, guys, the world is changing. Okay, So today then we're looking for your di y bands ike F s di y bands. Who's on the main stage. Oh, a legendary soul singer. That's right, otis rendering Gold.
Speaker 10: Thank you.
Speaker 3: The Kings, Oh, I love the Kings of Leon.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 3: If you're in the decking business, rename now as the Kings of Leon. Sometimes, if you're doing a DIY project, you need, like, you know, something to help move a bit of wood together. You need like a persuader. That's right, you need Sheryl crowbar.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 3: They might be pliers silver stuck on that old silver. Can't touch this, that's right. It's mc hammer drill bron.
Speaker 4: What I had, I actually had it down and crossed it out.
Speaker 3: Okay, DJ Catandra and what about old plywood?
Speaker 4: Mac silver?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Jackie boy? What have you got DIY bands for ikea Fest.
Speaker 4: It's one of the UK's biggest ever girl groups working on a little project. It's the Spice Frack Girls.
Speaker 3: Tom producer is actually nodded his head like no, no, yes, no, no, no, it was it was a universal bronze.
Speaker 4: Who's that band who gets the laise your hands.
Speaker 3: On your heads like that? Actually the thing of like someone surrendering when they get arrested, come up with your hat.
Speaker 4: Who's that band who when they get off stage? They like doing a bit of arts and crafts? The glueglue dolls.
Speaker 3: Just not arch and crass is not DIY. It is not DIY. I don't sell glitter proce. Now wonder you'd surrendered?
Speaker 4: How about the B fifty screws.
Speaker 3: That's good? Okay, yeah, see all And who's.
Speaker 4: That guy in N Sync who doesn't like the raw? Would look justin Timberstein.
Speaker 3: Gold, that's gold.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 3: We have the audio. So the big breaking news and internationally Scomo Boris, Joe Biden. They've got a couple of big submarines and they've been talking about it some big joint press conference, huge zoom thing. Yeah, right across the world. And Joe Biden forgot any two names to remember other than the guy with the crazy here in England and then the guy down under.
Speaker 15: Thank you Boris and I want to thank you that fella down under, Thank you very much.
Speaker 4: Power appreciated premers.
Speaker 3: Trending right now on social media, as the kids say, is that fella down under that is shocking?
Speaker 15: Thank you Boris and I want to thank you that felling down under.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much. Power appreciated.
Speaker 6: Pres.
Speaker 3: You're still rolling like it's just haring to do. Sometimes. You know, my best friends, I don't call their name, I just say that fella then location all right with the news that Ikea is hosting his very first music festival, di y bands. Who's on the stage. You're ready to mark? Jack Yeah, MC flat Packer, Silver, LeRoi, thank you wiring system of a downlight.
Speaker 4: Too much going on, Bronze.
Speaker 3: Try the Red Hot Drilli, Peppers, Goal World, unearn if you're a if you're some tradees, the Red Hot Drilly That is very good. New Kids on a Chopping Block Silver, Yeah, you just buy a chopping block, the Block Street Boys, Bronze, the Lily Allen Key Gold, that's very good. Word o Meghan Snoop Dog Kennel.
Speaker 4: I guess a good Dhidy project at home?
Speaker 3: Silver plus MC hammer and nails two obvious Bronze, Nickel bracket silver, Michael Nutt and Bolt.
Speaker 4: Gold plus.
Speaker 3: That is very good, World done, David. The doors need some w D fourty silver, Michael to drilling, Heidi silver plus, Bunning's clear Water Revival gold weight down, Chris raging as a bloody sounding machine. Good, try to make it better, tried justin, I really tried, Who's a Blowtorch?
Speaker 4: Silver?
Speaker 3: And finally headlining Aretha Frankly, only Franklin will do.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm thinking that's a joke. I don't get yea bronze.
Speaker 3: Oh he's marked it down before. He doesn't know all right. End of today's show. So the big thing we need from you guys today, and this is actually really important, is what we're working on some big business right now. Guys. We've been asked by the Herald Sun to come up in know more than one hundred words. You can tell the series when anyone asks you to save a city and a state, but just do it this one hundred words. You know, they're looking for big ideas and big thinkers, and so by midday tomorrow I need to submit my one hundred words, which I want to do with you guys. They're just seriously, one ideas about what we need in this city and Victoria as an X five years Melbourne will become the biggest city in Australia. What do we need and so we are thinking there are lots of great ideas today. The floating wilette will the giant Dean boxel. We really love the giant Shane warning. So whatever ideas you've got, email me today, Christian at christiano'connell dot com dot au. I have to say at the moment I do personally love because I've seen how much you love your giant things around Australia. Melbourne haven't Australia's biggest.
Speaker 4: Giant thing because of the big things.
Speaker 3: Yeah bigcause of the big things I think would be amazing. But let me know what you think today, Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au. Thanks for listening. Take care, Carlin a brighter No.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the Christian o'conll Show podcast