Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reload the podcast last week. Thereby, Hey guys, welcome back to TV Reload. I want to thank you for clicking and downloading. On today's episode with Alana MacLean, the gossip coin of the Airways, the Hostess with the Most us and soon to be Ricky Lee, and Natalie Bassingthwaite's best friend. I will probably need to explain that in the podcast. This week we will go deep on episode fifteen of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills season fourteen, which is correctly titled Trouble in Paradise. We are kind of back agreeing of the pacing of this episode, and I have to say that while Durton PK looks set to go to war, Kyle and Moe are still battling it out for their friendship, there's actually a lot to unpack there. We will discuss the way on which Erica has been recruited by Deret and Bosma, including what we think of a potential new Fox Falls five friend group. I will get Alana's perspective on Bozma's red flags with old mate and her potential new alliance with Kyle Richards. We will address the fact that Garsell shone some light into Sutton's jealousy with Derete and Kyle finally being able to address a huge elephant in the room. You were going to get plenty of chat on the girl's trip, what we think of them all flying in what looked like coach and we will also debate who is paying for these girls trips? Is it Bravo? Is it the women who knows? There's actually so much to talk about with so many revelations from Alana and Ice perspective, So guys, sit back and relax as we unpack the wonderful world of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season fourteen, Episode fifteen, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello. Coffee in tow Is that coffee number one? Coffee number two or coffee number three?
Speaker 2: This is the third, which look probably is one too many.
Speaker 3: See how that goes. I just feel like I.
Speaker 2: Could be a brand ambassador for Espresso at this point, like alongside George Clooney.
Speaker 1: They would be lucky to have you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I almost smash out into the microphone.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine what's George Clooney's wife's name?
Speaker 3: So it's not too far from Milana.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you My favorite thing that I did today was that I went to send the notes You're going to die about today's episode, and I emailed Alan oh oh no in my list. I don't know Alan very well. Alan, which I had never realized, is just Alana without the A.
Speaker 3: He just learned all about the Real Housewives. He's had a real crash course.
Speaker 1: And you know the notes that I write are basically scribble from a primary school kid.
Speaker 2: Well, there's also some stuff in there that you just drop in the context, like I'm so hungover, I'm really drunk still from the weekend, like things that are just for me, not necessarily to even chat through the podcast.
Speaker 1: I love that all of the notes involved me being an absolute mess. I'm a big mess.
Speaker 2: They always give me a laugh, they always and then do you know what, I shut the notes down and I just let you take it wherever you want to take it, because you are the wiz, you Harvey, conversational wizard.
Speaker 1: You know, we didn't talk enough about the Academy Awards. How weird was it that they decided to do those homages to the original, you know, Wizard of Oz universe. It was great every time it was a Wizard of Oz song, but when it was a Wiz song, which was the we were like, no one knows about the Wiz, Like I can tell you the three people three rows deep of me, no one knew what those songs were. And it had to be like a friend of mine who texted me and said, what an amazing opening sequence and a beautiful tribute to the Wiz, And I was like, you're joking.
Speaker 2: Oh, the one that was all the montage and then it went into Ariana and Cynthia. Yeah, oh yeah, Well I didn't mind that so much. But I'll tell you the one that was weird was that James Bond tribute. I was like, what the hell is going on? Why is Margaret Coully from the Substance suddenly doing a ballroom dancing routine?
Speaker 3: It was very confusing.
Speaker 1: It was very confusing. It was like she came out and you're like, this is nice. I guess I guess they wanted something for her to do. And then you were kind of like, hang in a second, who were these other singers? Is I was expecting for you to come out and sing?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I probably could have given what was going on up at that stage, I would never take Synthia on. I reckon I could have taken those Bond people on.
Speaker 1: Remember wedding karaoke. I could imagine, Oh yes, yeah, defying gravity in your web.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: After the wedding, my dad came up to me and was like, did I just pay fifty thousand dollars for you to have your own concert? Like it's literally his takeaway from the night. He was like, I don't think this was a wedding. I think this was a big ruse for you to get one hundred people in a room and make them watch you like it was a show.
Speaker 1: Everyone loved it, though, like in a gown with goodiful because it was your wedding gown and the song's perfection. At one point you cribbed me to get me to be a part of the song, but it was more like a headlock in a foot match, and you called me in a When you realize they got one word wrong, you pushed me away. Did it disappear amateur?
Speaker 3: You're peasant?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were a good one for the karaoke. Some people that didn't want to participate, they hung out in the balcony, and you know what, that's fine.
Speaker 1: They weren't even smokers, but they were all in the smokers pure fear. Like just every song with perfection, I was like, Oh, she's going to put the microphone down, and then all of a sudden you'd hear the backing track to or Whitney song coming, and you've been around, I'm back, back, back back again.
Speaker 2: Beyond call that no one's asking for, but here it is everyone. P number seventy five is up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Housewives? Yes, I think it was good thinking Yes, me too, it was good. Okay, great, so we're back. We're back with this. So episode fifteen, this, as we were saying, is a sort of a return to form. I know you were sort of saying that it was picking itself up, but I kind of felt like with this one it was a bit more Housewives. It did feel as though they were like, are we going on this trip? In this episode, Like it felt like every ad break or sort of moment where you would be coming back from an ad break, we would be seeing the girls trip start. And it did seem like they held that off for quite a while.
Speaker 2: Yes, but do you know what I loved And it's sort of like in real life when you know you've got a trip coming, and there's the anticipation and you're like, a couple of days to the trip, I'm going to pack, I'm going to do my ten like all the things, and it's that slow build up is half the fun.
Speaker 3: Of the cast trip. So I actually didn't mind that that had.
Speaker 2: Sort of, you know, a bit of a sort of woven thread through every scene because you knew that was coming and they were all going to be together, and that just those first visual scenes of Saint Lucia, I was like, oh my god, I want to book this trip immediately.
Speaker 3: We're finally getting some opulents.
Speaker 1: Except for the fact that they, for some reason, for the first time in Real Housewives of Beverly Hill's history, they were all flying economy. I don't know what was going on here. They flashed to Jennifer Tilly and she looked like, am I on the set of a movie? What is going on here? What's this?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 2: I was waiting for Lisa Barlow from Salt Lake City to rock up and be like, I haven't flown coach since I was in college. I am not sitting in seat seventeen. See where was Lisa Barlow? She would have sort of that shit right out.
Speaker 1: You know that people tag her, people tag her when they sit in that same seat.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, say genius, it's actually genius.
Speaker 1: She's great on that show. She does look like, you know, like a Royal Melbourne show balloon animals being slightly let out just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh you are into it already, honey, and the fur is flying from Benjamin Norris.
Speaker 1: That show would not be the same without her, Like she is phenomenal on that show.
Speaker 2: We will do Redcaps of Salt Lake City next season. One hundred is that has literally taken over the Bravo universes.
Speaker 3: Like the Darling.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't think I could get into another Housewive series this late in my life, but I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: Got it all. It just delivers week after week after week. They've just got the formula just down. Anyway, back to our original love.
Speaker 1: Speaking of people that we would be friends with, Erica Jane, I feel like you and I would be friends with it. Ereka Jane. How is she being pulled into this direete Bo's universe? Because when they came over to her house, she kind of was like, hey, girls, thanks for coming over, But like secretly, I'm really better friends with Kyle, and probably three seasons it goes Housewives Teddy Mellencamp and Lisa, Rinna and all those other people.
Speaker 3: Three of us are together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got our villa, but she's being pulled into that. And I don't like it. I don't you don't like it.
Speaker 2: I feel like the three of them, I was like, oh, is this going to be a little bit new Fox Force five? Like I was honestly thinking that when I was watching it, and they were so excited that they were all going to be in the same room together and all of that on the.
Speaker 3: Trip, and I thought, oh.
Speaker 2: I actually was left wondering. I wonder where Kyle was going to fit into this equation. But I think because she's got the safety net of Kathy this season, she's sort of a little bit allowed to float between the different groups.
Speaker 3: But I definitely feel like Eric has.
Speaker 2: Been a bit more on line to Derete this season, and I feel like in terms of personality, her and Bows are very compatible because there's straight shooters and no bullshit, and I feel like they're really going to bond over that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's play a game. You're going away to Saint Lucia.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, we're already the great game, great gas game ever.
Speaker 1: And you get told you're in one of these rooms, so you get given the garcel sudden Jennifer Tilly room. You're disappointed. I don't know. You told me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would not appreciate being in that room.
Speaker 1: I'd need those pills in that suitcase to.
Speaker 2: Be There was a second where I saw the pills all spilled in the bag and I actually thought they were pills until she said they were candy. I was like, good God, what is going on and how did you get it all through customs?
Speaker 3: Oh no, mister Bill, I'm panicking.
Speaker 2: The idea of being without my candy for the next three or four days is very true to me.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for it to pull out a little note from Lisa Rinner.
Speaker 2: You'll need these, Yeah, this is a lot of hormone replacement therapy.
Speaker 1: You get asked to be in the derete Erica Bow's room, you'd be I think you'd be fine with that.
Speaker 3: You'd probaps, that would be Yeah, that's that's good.
Speaker 1: I'm going Kathy Hilton, Kyle Richards. I'd be in that room and no other room.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I would like the Erica Derete one. I feel like that would be a bit more high energy. And I just imagine Bos all night with that.
Speaker 1: Oh how much have you been doing that in the real world, because I'm doing it recently and now that I make those noises and people that I know don't watch the show, they just look at me like, is there something wrong with you? What?
Speaker 4: Boy?
Speaker 2: You can't be doing that? Yeah, it's iconic, like so good. Like I'm obsessed with Bos. I've gone in and out with bows, and I just if we could just get rid of the storyline with her boyfriend who needs to go, I'd be loving, Like every time I see her on the screen, I'm loving her actions. But when she gets her own storyline where she's with the sad daughter and the sad boyfriend, I'm like, no, oh, well, I quite like her daughter. But that dinner, I mean, I don't know if you want to get to that now. At that dinner, I've been the one that's saying a few red flags, like minor, You've been the one that's like, I don't like the look of any of this. I'm feeling uncomfortable about it. I've got major red flags and I was like, Ah, I think you're overreacting this dinner with her.
Speaker 3: And Kiley and Lael.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, no, honey, it's not it the fact that the fifteen year old daughter was asking questions about living together, the engagement, how many kids they want to have, and she just kept looking at him like I don't know, I don't know what do you want to say and let him answer everything.
Speaker 3: They had not discussed any of that.
Speaker 4: Kyle and Durte having beef helps Sutton and Kyle have a better relationship, right, because it's like now can get in with Kyle even more, and I think it's all what is once she wants to be really good friends with Kayle.
Speaker 3: They hadn't discovered so awkward.
Speaker 1: The only question she didn't ask was what's what's this man's name? Like she was running down the list of things that you would definitely have worked out by now. And the fact that we had a piece to camera where she's confessed, oh. It was the conversation with other women where they were like, oh, it's a bit strange. We haven't said I love you yet, but we're having a baby at fifty And also he looks like he's on a dating app the entire time he is talking, you know, like those people that have just got the dating app on the.
Speaker 3: Stoe a glance, always the glance.
Speaker 1: If this doesn't work out, it's okay, because I'm already talking to Patricia who's from Pocious. How awkward it will be making sure?
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just was like, oh, this is not good. Like the fact they hadn't discussed any of these the fact that she was so scared to ask, Like she's so direct, yet with him, she's so scared to ask these questions. She was letting him lead all the answers. It was like, you know, where are we going to move? Are we going to move to San Diego? I think is where he's from. And she was just defaulting to him to answer all of that, and I thought, oh god, Like when you're starting to pull yourself back that much.
Speaker 3: And the multiple kids question, I'm like, I don't even know if they can have.
Speaker 1: One multiple children?
Speaker 3: What multiple children? And then there was just so many there were so many flags on display there. Do you guys think that you like move in together, like before I not married?
Speaker 5: Well that's a tough question because have I lived with somebody before marriage, Yes, but I think in this case I would probably wait well.
Speaker 2: And also when he walked in and he said to Layel, remember when I met you in Ganda?
Speaker 3: Did you think I was cool? And my thought, oh, what is that your first.
Speaker 2: Thought to have a fifteen year old's approval on whether you were cool?
Speaker 3: I just oh God. I like that he bought her flowers. I thought that was sweet, loved it. But everything after that, I was like, oh god, oh god, oh god, oh god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the scene should have finished with just her picking up the flowers and just putting them in the trash can, like that should have just been the end of it.
Speaker 3: I just yeah, all the best, but I'm worried.
Speaker 1: I think what worked for me in Bosa's contribution in this episode is her going over to see Kyle, because that's a friendship dynamic that I think could work, and I could honestly see bos being able to help Kyle in a way that some of the other women haven't been able to do it. What is your read on how that played out?
Speaker 2: Oh, I absolutely loved that scene. I think Kyle being so vulnerable given that she'd kind of had her guard up about Bo's That moment was so authentic and so real between them and both sort of looking at her without any judgment but being like, girl, I'm here, like I'm ready to go to war as a friend, I'm sitting here on your couch. I've been where you are. Let's like, you know, get through this, like you can tell me what you want to say. And I just feel like that is a friendship that I want to see more of. And I feel like they have both navigated that misunderstanding of where they're at with grace.
Speaker 3: And I just loved it. I really did. He feels bad enough as it is. I know he feels horrible. I know him well enough to know.
Speaker 1: That, Well, why is it?
Speaker 3: Because he feels like you're embarrassed?
Speaker 1: Like what is it? Some of the best relationships in this series have ended up being people that didn't mesh well to start with, you know, and I think that that's probably what we're going to see with these two women. I think they probably just needed to find their footing with how it was going to work and what they could bring to that kind of a friendship. But I don't feel like we're getting a repeat of a dynamic that already exists. I actually feel like Bosemark has a lot that she can say to Kyle in a way that's going to land differently.
Speaker 2: I agree, and I think the fact that Darit and Kyle are in a better place is going to allow for that. I think seems, you know, she's a loyal friend, as is Kyle, but because there's been you know, the animosity between Kyle and Dereitch, she's naturally sort of fallen a bit more to Derete's side. But now that has resolved itself, I think there's going to be room for growth within that friendship as a three and also the friendship as a two with Kyle and Bose separately. And I am here for it. And that is the kind of, you know, stuff we want to see play out.
Speaker 1: Although I just I'm going to predict something here. Love hate can be very similar emotions, and I think that Bozma jumped into that relationship with Dereit way too fast, and I think there's going to be some interesting dynamics that comes off the back of that. I think that Bozma obviously jumped on and was like, yep, you're my entry point to this girl group. To make it Yep, I'm doing it. However, dereite is not consistent enough for someone like Boseman, Like could you imagine Bosema employing to read at work? She would have fired her by now do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Well, we'll see.
Speaker 2: I mean this is all where it gets interesting when we start looking down the barrel of where next season may go. And I think the fact that we're sort of getting a little bit of a change in dynamic with some of these women, it's going to pique our interest for next season and that's really what they need.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we have two things that are epic about this episode because it's sort of been brewing. We've really needed to see to read back with PK. We've really needed to see Kyle with Mauricio. And I also need to learn how to say Marizio. So I need you just said it wrong, just to get what do I say, Marie?
Speaker 3: You say Maritzio like with a Z, but it's Maurice Cio.
Speaker 1: Like Maurisio ce for cat.
Speaker 2: I just don't know found the word out, Benjamin Mauricio, Mauricio Mauricio softer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did it.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't do the accent you've been canceled? Which one shall we talk about? Which hot mess do you want to talk about first? But these two, I.
Speaker 2: Think let's talk about to Read and PK because I thought it wasn't expecting that scene. They hadn't really promoted that much in the trailers, you know, for the season, whereas that Kyle and Mauricio moment, they've plugged that the whole time. So I sort of was surprised to see this PK injury restaurant chat, and holy shit, it's bad.
Speaker 1: It was bad, and like we saw him catch up with her earlier in the season episode two. If I checked my facts and he turned up looking good for PK, do you know what I mean? Like he looked like he had just been given a voucher for the gap and gone down to the Beverly Stone books that did not suit him. But his hair and his face and he looked okay. This time around, he looked like he was fresh from a bender. He was like sitting down and he did not look happy. He looked like you know, previously it looked like he was cashing in on still being a part of Housewives. This time he felt like he was being brought in at gunpoint, like he did not want to be talking to her, and also they didn't really complete the interaction that surely wasn't all that happened. They sat down and he was like, I don't drink anymore, but clearly I need to. She was like, I need the you know, standard carcass ound.
Speaker 3: What mocktails have you got? You don't know the venue for motels? Do you do a phony NIGRONI I can.
Speaker 4: Do that for your Yeah, is that what you d.
Speaker 3: Belvedere with klepsas lemon squeezed in?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll be right back with that, which I thought was really inappropriate. If your bestief, your ex husband, if actually anyone you've ever met you're going out to drink with and then you know they're an alcoholic, you just don't order a drink Ryan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she probably is like, well fuck you, Like I'm going to drink whatever I want and do whatever I want at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 2: I just I think when we talked earlier in the season, there was a lot of you know, stuff in the room or mill about whether this split was potentially a storyline, whether this was not legit, whether this was all playing out and they were both part of it, and we were the ones that were getting fooled, just so there would be some drama and Dreek could hold on too that diamond. And after watching this dinner, I was like, I do not buy that.
Speaker 3: This is so done.
Speaker 2: The anger, the animosity is so great between those two. I just do not see them coming back from this. That was like oil and water. They are on completely different pages. There was no sensitivity there, and I feel like it's going.
Speaker 3: To get really ugly.
Speaker 1: To me. I kind of felt like she seems a bit clueless, like as in, he looks like he's left and he's that's the path that he's going on, that he's out and he's gone, you know, like he's completed the race. And she's like, oh, you know, I'm just going to order a drink. And what's happening? What about that email? Oh my god, the email that's a legal letter. He literally said in that email, which should have been titled fuck you, we're getting a divorce. And she's like, so yeah, I just didn't really see this divorce coming. Who are these women in these relationships, in these marriages of however long that they haven't realized that when they kick the man out of the house. That man is getting it from somewhere else, Like he's finished with you, He's gone to find the next woman who is going to look after him. That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I mean, look, he left her. I think this is different to the Kylo Mauricio thing. I think she kicked him out, but then she expected him to come back, and that's a whole other story. But in this one, I feel like, you know, I remember you mentioning earlier in the year when we talked about this, if someone's leaving that quickly, it's because they've already mentally been preparing for that for a long time. They've got a plan and they're out. And so to the other person, they're very blindsided by that, but really they're like, Okay, well this is just how it is, and they're out.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what she actually.
Speaker 2: Ended up saying in her confessional, and she said, you know, I just didn't see it coming, and I'm fifty steps behind, and this is where we are now. But there's absolutely no way those two are getting back together. And I do not believe that this was the storyline. I think it was like almost in a weird, awful way a little bit convenient for her, that is planning to her sort of having this renaissance, and that everyone's been so invested in.
Speaker 1: Her, she has locked herself down for more seasons, that is for sure, because you better believe that audiences are going to want to see Derete living in an apartment. We want to see that, you know, and we also want to see Erica Jane come around with her you know, camp room decorator and be like, hey, you want someone on a budget. This guy it's never been the same sense.
Speaker 2: It's a friend referral fee. It's like, oh, another woman with a divorce. You get ten percent off, Like.
Speaker 1: You're not going to be living in a place like Erica Jane. I can tell you that Erica Jane has a little bit of understanding about how to split a dime. Dereite has no idea. Like she's this woman from Connecticut whose mother and father has given her everything. I don't think she's had a hard day in her life. Erica Jane used to book. Basically, serf Hamburg is a strip joint outside of York City. She knows how to split a dime. Where Derete going into an apartment. She's going to be like, I wonder whether or not I should spend the only money I've still got left on some Chanel wallpaper. And then you go into her apartment and there'd be one wall and she kind of bought a fucking thing. She got two minute noodles in the kitchen and Jagger's like, Mum, we're going to live with PK. Goodbye.
Speaker 2: Well, I think, you know, the audiences do like to see the grittiness, the rawness when it all all the facades go away and the mask falls down, and that is what we're getting. And you know, I think with the Mauriceo Kyle split, we're seeing the niceness, Like, yes, we saw those photos, but between them, the interactions have still be like hey, honey, and he comes in, he gives her a hug, and he's playing with the dogs, and he's helping himself to the cups of tea and they're still doing family vacas and we're not seeing any of that. But with this to Eat PK thing, we're getting a real glimpse into something that is going to be nasty.
Speaker 3: And even with the.
Speaker 2: Erica Tom split, obviously we never saw anything from Tom. We didn't see the interaction, so I think from a viewer point of view, we've never really had this in Beverly Hills, where we're almost watching pretty ugly split play out.
Speaker 3: In real time.
Speaker 2: So I do think even though it's unfortunate and you wouldn't wish it upon anyone, let alone anyone with small children to be going through this, I think from a ratings point of view, they're going to skyrocket because people want to see the messiness.
Speaker 1: I think that they do. I'd love to get and next week, as we I think, are doing episode seventeen, we should have a look at the ratings and see what's happened, because I think that might be really interesting about the trajectory of what has happened in the evolution of this show, with housewives leaving, housewives staying, and a shift of I think some of the content points as well, like they definitely have listened to everyone about the opulence, so we do get to see whenever Durit turns up at any restaurant, and it's probably because she actually arrives two hours early and ask them to film at ninety five times. But she I loved why today feel bad because you just brought up something about the fact that this woman's getting a divorce and about the small children. I feel like I'm being way too savage, Like if anyone spoke about someone one of my friends the way I've been talking about this small situation, and I would come for them. But I guess it's TV, so I guess you know this is what we do. Don't get a conscience.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to need more botox and a face lift after the amount of tension I had on my face watching Kyle with Mauricio. Oh did I say his name right? Not really?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just gonna let it go because if we have to like Maria every time and give you a lesson Marie Cio Mauricio. Where Maurice is in can we could just call him Mo? Like Mo, just call him Mo bye and called bos bos Mo when he was walking around that kitchen was stressing me out. Neither of them wanted to talk about the elephant in the room, but they were like very respectful, Like Kyle was sitting there going, He's allowed to do this, so I'm not supposed to be angry.
Speaker 3: Seeing that photo of Mo.
Speaker 2: Was like, Okay, things have a change, and I don't know how he's going to be towards me now.
Speaker 1: So she was playing very much an adult, and I think he was also still playing very much an adult, and he was the person to acknowledge it. And I also have props for him for saying, I am sorry. You know obviously the Meeka knows. You know I got photographed, you know, in the airport.
Speaker 5: Do you know that I would never want to do or anything on purpose that would hurt you or the kids.
Speaker 1: I really am sorry for.
Speaker 3: You know, hurtying you.
Speaker 1: I would never want to hurt you on purpose. And he didn't say I'm sorry and I'm never doing this again kind of sorry. He acknowledged this as being hard for her, and he laid it out and he took accountability, and I thought, this is amazing. These two people are clearly still connected.
Speaker 2: I know it's really really hard to watch because I think as we've seen these episodes unfold and we've seen the journey, it's just become more and more evident she never planned for this to happen.
Speaker 3: I think she really on had a moment where she was like, that is it.
Speaker 2: Fuck you, I'm going to go out and give you a taste of your own medicine and expected that was going to be the catalyst for him to pollice finger out and come back and fight for her in an emotional way, and that it would be the turning point for their marriage to become bigger and stronger than ever. And the whole thing has backfired, and him and Pique they're out living like twenty year olds and finding other women and whatever, and she's watching her decision be thrown in her face and there is no way that man is coming back to her. But the way she hugs him with all her might, she just loves him so much, and I just.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really feel I really feel for her.
Speaker 2: I don't know, we still understand his Morgan piece, but I still feel like she never expected he was just going to go okay, no worries and mosey on.
Speaker 1: She could be in the crosshairs of something here, which is where I'm starting to think it is. And that is the I think for her. She has spent so much time trying to present the perfect life and the perfect family, and it's not for us. She herself, after her upbringing and her struggles throughout all of that trouble, and if you hear about the three sisters upbringing, it is pretty hard to hear. She just chose to put up this relationship to say. She was like, I have come from this mess. I don't want that anymore. I've now held this thing up. And there's a difference between wanting to have an amazing relationship and actually having one. So I think that she didn't quite have. She may have checked out of that relationship with him, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, if you're not something, I think I honestly think there was stuff happening that we heard all those rumors, and like Kathy said, well we never.
Speaker 3: Knew for sure because no one came forward.
Speaker 2: Kyle was a woman of integrity, and I think there was a point where she's like, I've taken it.
Speaker 3: I've taken it. I've covered for you, I've hidden things.
Speaker 2: I've had to put my own head on my pillow at night and pretend things didn't happen.
Speaker 3: And there was a moment.
Speaker 2: Where she obviously got pushed too far. I was like, I have to stand up for myself. I can't allow this behavior for whatever reason. And I've got four daughters, and what example am I setting if I just keep turning a blind eye to this man's actions.
Speaker 3: This is all conjecture, but this is my take.
Speaker 2: And now she is in the midst of going would I have done the same thing or would it have been better to just continue living the life? And I think she's watching it play out in real time, and I think she's honestly questioning her decision, even though she wouldn't admit to that, because I think people be like, well, no, you know you've done the right thing. If he wasn't treating you right, you deserve to be treated properly. But as we know, every relationship, you know, there's trade offs, and I think for her, she's wondering if she made the right call.
Speaker 1: What's going to be very interesting with where I think they're leading with this big Bravo announcement that's about to come out next week is where this universe is going. And I believe the universe of Bravo is going to do standalone characters as in these I think we're going to this. Denise Richard's rollout is an example of just giving a housewife their own show, and I think they're going to drop a Kyle Richard show. I genuinely think oh, where we're going. I think that must be what the announcement is, because they're like, We've got this big announcement that's going to change the universe. And I think it's going to be the standalone episode. These standalone series, so like a Kyle Richard series and then Lisa Barlow season, do you know what I mean? Like they're all going to give and they'll be like, wond a full season. It's obviously not going to be twenty episodes, but I think that they'll be like, you know, to thirty minute episodes drops of that, and I think that they're maybe saving a lot of these huge questions that we've been having for weeks now for a Kyle Richard season, and I don't think we're going to get any answers about what has gone down and what is going to happen until we see Kyle Richards in her own series, which would work, by the way, because Kathy and Kim could be involved with that in a completely different capacity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I can see it.
Speaker 2: I mean, to be honest, I have been watching the Denise Richard show, Richard Denise Richards and Her Wild Things, and it's quite good. They do it in you know, only twenty minutes. It doesn't have to be too deep. It's right in the pocket for Denise. But to your point, what we did see on that show, and I was like, well, it was her and Erica Jane having a sit down about their relationship and how Denise was really hurt that Erica sort of went off her and her relationship changed with her and she was really upset about it. And Erica gave her the details of why she was upset. She said, you know, after we did that barbecue at your house, everyone was talking about sex. Everyone's talking about reasons, blah blah blah, but you were the only one that singled me out and that changed things for me. That was a big moment. That was something that had stemmed from Beverly Hills. But yet we were watching the resolution of it play out on a show that's been on TV for a hot minute. So I can see and the social media eclips for that are going everywhere because people are interested in that. So I can see how they would dangle the carrots for the new shows to get us across to them.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Interesting, and it's sort of part of a broader discussion to see where we go, I mean, all these women are getting older. How much longer do we watch them in this format forever? The succession plan around that, yeah, we will see.
Speaker 1: The girl's trip to me looked a little different to any girls trip that we had seen before. I don't know whether it was because we launched the Girl's trip with them all on a plane that, as we mentioned, looked a bit like they were flying in coach, and then they showed these apartments that they were in, and I know you were sort of alluding to the fact that you were like, oh my god, Saint Lucia's looks amazing. Saint Lucia looks amazing. And then I was like, I don't know if this this looks like a budget and then used next message.
Speaker 3: That beautiful pool overlooking the ocean.
Speaker 1: You could be in Barley. With that, you can get a little villa and Barley and have those infinity pools and that kind of stuff, like it's not completely I don't know. I was underwhelmed with what we've seen. So you're devastated, but you send me a text mezitch about this, which I really appreciated and I wanted to explore. And that is who is paying for these things. Are these being provided by Bravo? Are the housewives paying? Did Bosma just decide to drop a bomb and take everyone to this holiday? Like is it being comped? Like as in, is this money can't buy advertising for these venues? Like who do you think is coughing up that cash?
Speaker 2: Well, I've always wondered this about a car's trip because there's always someone who's like the point person who's organizing all of these trips. And you know, Lisa Rinner is organized for them to go to Rome, and Erica, is you know, organized for them to go to New York And now this one Bo's is organized for them to go to Saint Lucia. And I have always wanted like, is it production saying we're going to go to Saint Lucia? But this could be your trip?
Speaker 3: And then they just make it sound like these are.
Speaker 2: All the activities that she's got booked in, but really this stuff's already booked in or is this stuff where they go, Okay, we do want you to sort of run this And it is actually her behind the scenes saying this is where I think it'd be called go. And this is why I've always wondered that I mean, I have no doubt that there's sponsorships and partnerships in place to get free, you know, exposure for these hotels and the activities in the brands that are involved. But I've just kind of always wondered that who is organizing them?
Speaker 3: Is that fake?
Speaker 1: Is it? A little bit of a look inside of that when you hear some of the housewives saying, you know, Kyle Richards used to drop million dollar venues for housewives, like she used to do events, and that was coming out of Kyle Richards's money. You know, I am still curious about that. If she was paying for those extravagant parties and it was for content for housewives, maybe some of these housewives can afford I mean, maybe Jennifer Tilly put her on the credit card. She put it on the black Amex.
Speaker 2: Going back to Salt Lake City for a moment. That was one of the first times I was like, oh, maybe they aren't paying for it, because that fight that we were just talking about with Lisa Barlow where she was like, oh, I'm sitting in coach, I can't believe it. Why would I be sitting there And Browan goes, well, it was my goddamn credit card, and so I put myself in first class and I've put you in coach, Like, deal with it.
Speaker 3: I'm the one paying for it.
Speaker 2: So that was one of the first moments where I thought, oh, maybe they actually are paying for this. But that just still kind of surprises me.
Speaker 1: I don't know, well, how we're going to get to the end of that. We're gonna have to text, you know.
Speaker 2: We need an insider to actually confirm immediately, that's all.
Speaker 3: Immediately, I need to investigate that.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get onto that because I needed to get to the end of this. I mean, I need to solve this riddle. You know who was really interesting was Jennifer Tilly back to her again on this trip, when she saw that flight of stairs and she looked like she was not going to go up that flighter stairs unless someone carried her up there. I was thinking, she seems really out of touch with reality, Like, you know, she looked at that stairs and she was like, I'm not going up there, and it's not like she couldn't do with a stair climb every now and again. I mean, come on, even no, you did not you know, at least someone could tease her about the lollies in her bag. Don't worry, we've taken his circus upstairs. All the lollies are up there. She would have been whipped straight up the stairs to go and get those lollies.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: She just seems a little bit out of touch of reality, are you. Yeah?
Speaker 2: But she's got fuck you money, and she doesn't strike me as someone who's doing a lot of normal stuff. Like she literally hangs out with her partner who's a professional gambler, and they go like wear sunglasses at eleven in the morning and sit around a poker table, like, and she's you know, she's got assistance and all of that sort of stuff. So, I mean, it doesn't really surprise me that she's a bit out of touch.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like the.
Speaker 2: In a way, you know, they're just looking a completely different lifestyle.
Speaker 1: I just think that Jennifer Tilly, she's just been at home sitting with those chucky dolls talking to them for years, and then they've broken her out and told her to be social, and she's like, I'm just used to pouring, you know, some thousand dollars tequila into a glass for an adult to drink do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like she is, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, but it's kind of I don't feel like that was surprising to me.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's been pretty evident the whole time.
Speaker 1: Do you think that she really should be playing a more juiciar role? This is where I'm kind of getting too, because when you see her sitting with Garsel and Sudden, there should be some more conversation going on here. Like, I just think Garcel is on the verge of cracking with Sudden. That's where I see that friendship going because Sudden.
Speaker 3: Yes is crazy, so here for it.
Speaker 1: And I feel like before this season ends or it needs to happen in the reunion, we need to see Garcel take Sudden to task. And I think if she doesn't do that after this season where we've seen her see enough, we're all going to be like, what the fuck are you doing? Mate? I mean, if I acted a damn full and I've done that before, you you would tell me. You'd be like, you know, that was a bit strange, do you know what I mean? Like, I feel like a good friendship you hold up a mirror and you ask the questions. It doesn't need to be nasty but you know, if people start behaving differently or you don't agree with what they're doing, you are co signing by not saying anything, just sitting around and watching it all happen and not asking the questions. I think is really it's not the sign of a good friendship.
Speaker 2: I think Garcel is starting to see. I think we are watching a very slow removing of the rose tinted glasses that Dreit referred to, and I think she is starting to realize. And I think earlier in the episode where we or her bring up Morgan Wade, she said, I think it's strange we can't talk about Morgan Wade and Sutton was like, oh God, like no, I don't want to be involved, like in making Kyle upset, And she was like, but why can't we? Like so you can see they were having a dis difference of opinion there. And I mean, just going back to your point about Jennifer Tilly, I think the question with her we don't know how much to invest with her because we're like, are they going to bring her in more and therefore we should value her opinion more and her take on things or is she just kind of this extra filler on the side, we don't need to be wasting time watching her have these, you know, really big conversations because she's only going to flit in and out like Kathy.
Speaker 3: So I think.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit hard to place her and then put a value on how much she is going to bring. But I tell you what was one of the biggest aha moments for me. It was the oprah aha moment with Sutton talking about the fact that Kyle and Deurite were having a great time at the fashion show, rolling around, how they used to laughing, how they used to it, and you could see the jealousy and the steam coming out from her ears and Garcel doing that confessional saying that is what Sutton wants. She wants them to not be friends so that she can be better friends. And I just thought, oh my god, is this the micro drop moment we have been waiting for to understand where this sudden to eat beef is coming from, because we have been saying for a couple of weeks something about this is not adding up. She just keeps poking the bear for no real reason, and now I'm starting to wonder if this all is an attention seeking game. So she can get Kyle on her side. She's waiting for her to step up.
Speaker 4: Sutton and Kyle have a better relationship, right, because it's like sometin now can get in with Kyle even more. And I think it's all what Sutton wants.
Speaker 1: She wants to be.
Speaker 4: Really good friends with Kyle.
Speaker 1: Why do you think though Sutton can't see why Kyle's not turning the favor because Kyle isn't going to be her best friend. And that's because we have a dorseer of shitty behavior from Sutton's behalf. You know when you're with a friend and you're not bff's, but you're a friend and they start talking about you like your own BFF status and you're like, no, that is not what's going on here. I feel like it's been really awkward. Sutton will say we're about to lose another sister, and she's like referring to herself as being a sister like Kathy and Kim like, yeah, you are giving yourself way too much credibility here. If she wants Kyle's friendship, she needs to understand that the sort of person that Kyle hangs out with is a Teddy Mellencamp. You know that's right.
Speaker 2: She wants consistency, she wants honesty, she wants a level playing field. And now I think she spent enough time with Sutton that.
Speaker 3: She goes this is a rollercoaster of.
Speaker 2: A friendship that I don't really want to be on. One week we're getting this, one week we're getting that. But I can understand it's so weird because I feel like with this sudden to read thing, I could not see that. I knew something was a miss with the beef, and I could not place it. And remember I said to you, I said, I wonder if this is coming from production. They're trying to create a false fight here because they're just wanting something.
Speaker 3: I couldn't figure it out.
Speaker 2: But now that I've realized, I think it is about Sutton trying to get Kyle's attention, giving Kyle an opportunity to jump in and defend her so that she can be like, see, Kyle's my best friend. Now that I've seen that, I can't unsee it. I honestly feel like that has been the driver that is making sense of why she keeps peaking on deret. It isn't even risk really about Dereat. It's about her relationship with Kyle, and she is pissed that Kyle and Deurrete are friends again, exactly like how Garcel read the situation in that confessional.
Speaker 1: Even in the promo for next week, I thought that was pretty outrageous. We got another sudden catchphrase that can be stitched onto her blouse because she's like, what the fuck do you even want from me? Or whatever that saying was, and I'm like, that isn't the sort of person that Kyle's friends with. I just don't think it's what she wants.
Speaker 2: But it's another example of Who being a ratic and having another meltdown. And that trailer was so telling because you know, Erica Jane was there saying, you know, you act as a friend and you pose as an enemy or whatever she says to her and then.
Speaker 3: She loses her shit again.
Speaker 2: But that is very accurate, and that is what I have struggled with as a viewer because I just don't relate to.
Speaker 3: That personality type.
Speaker 2: I have moments where I'm like, oh, what she said was amazing, what she said was on point, but the next episode, I'm way off the wagon because she's acted so differently again, and there's just no level playing field.
Speaker 3: So I just feel like.
Speaker 2: That is where Kyle's kept a little bit of distance from her. But we're starting to see that Sutton is not going to, you know, let that fly. She wants them to be besties, and I don't think Kyle wants that.
Speaker 1: How many Alana McLean's are you going to give Episode fifteen?
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to give this four and a half. I thought it was really good. I really liked.
Speaker 2: Seeing the dret PK drama unfold. I liked that vulnerable moment between Kyle and Bow's. I really like seeing them and I think that's a friendship that I am keen to see more of. I like seeing the start of the trip and the excitement building around that. And I don't care what you say, I would love to be in that Saint Lucia apartment with that pool, overlooking the beach with a cocktail.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to give it four and a half.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to give it four stars because I just think I need to save some room for when we actually get like big things, you know, like some Morgan Waite or you.
Speaker 3: Know some you aren't getting that you're kidding yourself, Well.
Speaker 1: That's when you jump on the fire.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you kill me the one can give it and not be able to take it.
Speaker 1: You pose as a friend and then often times work as an enemy. This is not going to be gonna trial. Let's see. Okay, now you're being ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I want you're what from me? Seriously? What do you think? What from me?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm very much looking forward to next week. I am very excited about where the reunion is going to go. We can see a few different things turning, and I think for me that has made me feel a whole lot better because it was only a few weeks ago that we were sitting here saying we just it's hit this flat spot and we don't know where it's going to go. We can't see how this is going to turn around and where the relationships are kind of going to change and evolve. I think we are starting to see some of that now, and I'm really excited for the end of the season.
Speaker 1: I want a big, epic boat trip, just like they did when they were in Amsterdam. I want people to be slapped.
Speaker 2: Oh we don't want slaps, but I'm all for a boat trip because the boat trip seems to be where the drama really ensues. Plus you've just got the glamor of everyone in a fantastic boat outfit.
Speaker 1: What's happening for you this weekend? I just want to quickly touch in with your mum. You sent me a photo of her.
Speaker 3: Yes, Oh she's okay. We're a little bit worried.
Speaker 2: She's got a fracture in one of her vertebrae and we I didn't know if she was going to need surgery.
Speaker 3: She doesn't. She just needs to wear a neck brace for a few months, which look is a little bit of a long road.
Speaker 2: However, she's fine and I'm about to go see her, and then I've got a big weekend of here. There's a huge event happening a couple of hours south of Perth, and there's like a music stage that's happening across the two days, and so I'm hosting that. I've got a pack, I've got to get a blow dry, I've got to do all the things today for two days. For two days, I'm like there for Tudor, Like it's like I'm hosting Coachella and me the.
Speaker 1: Look book one of the Queen Coachella look book yep, I hear that rickularly called Her is headlining with and Nat Bass love both of those women. That is a lot of fun. Like, oh my god, I'm very jealous.
Speaker 2: I am so excited to hang out with both of them, and they're just going to bring the good vibes.
Speaker 3: And I think the weather is slated to be very good, so it's going to be amazing.
Speaker 1: What about you, Slipslop and slack. I have Zobe Klein's birthday tomorrow, her forty ab so I'll be putting slaph on some O my glow and looking very tanned and looking amazing. And yeah, I think that's about all for this weekend that I'm doing. That's going to take up the whole weekend though at Zobe Climb party will be at Oh you won't.
Speaker 2: Be doing much the next day except eating some McDonald's and lying on the couch.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Okay, I love you, Okay, love you. Chat next week.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,