Speaker 1: iHeart Podcasts. You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app. I'm very excited to welcome a new member to the show. It's our to our family actually, and it is intern Pete. Who what were your Pete? Were you ten twelve years with Colin Jackie?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bet, twelve and a half years on the show. There so little in the new family, which is great. So thanks for making me so welcome.
Speaker 1: And how does it feel to be joining this show because obviously you're used to the glitz, the glamour yep, the Siah of filth and a lot of a lot of money being thrown out that show. Before the show Partsy goes and where is the Barristla because Colin JACKIEO had a full time flipping barrista and I went issue, Yeah, you are the bristle.
Speaker 2: See I'm the Britain.
Speaker 1: I went, Intern becomes Pete the Barristol.
Speaker 2: I just went down and got some team coffees, which was just great. We go to We've got a new listener this morning, down the cafe this morning.
Speaker 1: And you still Carl down selling big issues, trying to get some legal money going there.
Speaker 2: That's okay, yep, so it is. You're right from the glitz and glamor to well another version of glitz and glamor. Let's go with that, shall we.
Speaker 1: It's gold now that the studios that you were used to obviously you know, beautiful kind of marble, piece of gold. Yeah, paper gold. Now you're summing it here on gold, are you? He started talking about how the how the cameras looked in the studio, and he went, the cameras are solid.
Speaker 2: Very passionizing.
Speaker 1: I didn't mean it, it's just recording on Beta Max now.
Speaker 2: I was just trying to say they look really good. And sometimes when something's really good, I call it. That's really.
Speaker 1: Maybe the old fellow might have for.
Speaker 2: All my cigarets are going to come underne honestly.
Speaker 1: Now, people, welcome to the team. We're very very excited. I think you're a huge talent and it's great to have you on the show as well. Can you please tell everyone about this kayaking business you have at the weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm fat, yes, kayaking, so were.
Speaker 1: I rang him a couple of weeks ago just to go over a few details before the big announcement that he was coming over on a very very free transfer, and he said, I can't I can't talk now I'm in a kayak taking a group of Japanese tourists around the waterways of Sydney.
Speaker 2: That's right, and I couldn't talk. But I didn't want to miss his call as well, because I think we were just at that. You know, Oh, is he going to come easy or can? I don't have any other drop offics. That's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Yes, she's going to take bows off on triple.
Speaker 2: M seven days a week. If this doesn't work out, we go kayaking Sydney Harbor.
Speaker 1: Is he come in? Of course he's coming.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're right. Actually I've got to get my timeline right here, don't I. But yeah, essentially, yeah, kayaking across Sydney Harbor, which is fantastic. Thanks for the plug. By the way, that was stuff kayaking Sydney. I've never expected that.
Speaker 1: He also assured me that every Saturday morning he's spreading the good word of our show to twenty five kayakers. This is how we're going to win Sydney. How did you do it? It was Pete and the kayakers.
Speaker 2: But didn't you say that Japanese tourists. Yes, we just get Tokyo. I don't even know. I'm all listing on a VPN.
Speaker 1: Somehow fantastic And so you had your leaving do Friday night, had.
Speaker 2: The leaving do, all the all the team there came and a few people have worked on the show over the years, all that sort of stuff, and it was just fantastic. But like, there was lots of celebrations because there's lots of video montages and audio montages and celebrity guests that came in. Pauline Hanson came on the show, and then we just.
Speaker 1: Where were the celebrity guests? Yeah, well that she was not warm them up a meeting that must.
Speaker 2: Have been Yeah, it was. It was gay. I mean it was gay. But I think she thinks I was going to run for one nation at some stage. But I just made that up just forw.
Speaker 1: Do you know what plot twist? There's been so much change for you in your your life this year. Who knew that one might be coming around the corner.
Speaker 2: But there was a split moment where I think everyone started bringing up the going you've really we've really created quite a lot of hoho ha, Like these big drinks we all started about four o'clock in the afternoon, and there was speeches and carry ons and presents and k and bottles of vodka and all sorts of stuff, and then we all just realize you've just moved from level seventeen to level sixteen, which is only five meters. Yeah, a lot of.
Speaker 1: It might not realize as we work for the same company, so kiss and Gold, same company, that's right, So you literally just moved floor.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I have got so many bottles of alcohols, gifts and everything like big cake with my big faith on it, and I thought, yeah, I'm just moving desks. It's real. I mean it's a shorter commute to work as we're a level sixteen here, which is great. So that's obviously a five meter saving over you know, over a bit of time every.
Speaker 1: Year in the morning commute.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can leave work later as you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So this morning we want to work out who has taken the shortest distance to a new job and who's done the longest. So which way are you who's done the shortest distance to start a new job and who's done the longest. You can give me a call. Thirteen fifty five twenty two, and you can also text me oh four seven five three one oh four three Pete the in turn, Welcome to the Bright
Speaker 2: Te time much, I'm so excited too,