Speaker 1: Hello, cringe, no, ye a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, the girl is coming to you in podcast form, which is ever so exciting to me every single day.
Speaker 3: There is actually no excuse.
Speaker 2: Imagine, don't check for us on Instagram being like where's the contents? A lot more stories? You don't get any more stories. It's right here.
Speaker 3: Care factor zero.
Speaker 4: Anyways, stick around, let's get down to cringeeness.
Speaker 5: Flex and frooms.
Speaker 3: I love brainstorms.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't get any too. Honestly, I think one of my best skills is coming up with good ideas when the framework is good. Also, but if you like, let's do a brainstorm, I'm there with you. Alas, did you know that it should only take you ninety seconds to get over any emotion, whether that's being angry, sad, happy, and anything after that is self inflicted?
Speaker 3: Let me go deeper. Let's say we have a tussle, have a big.
Speaker 1: Spound to happen. We've got a lot of time together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it hasn't.
Speaker 2: Happened yet, No, you're easy going. Next minute, so let's say we have a brawl. Right, we're upset at each other. Physiologically, it should take my body ninety seconds to process that emotion and if I find myself ruminating afterwards, that's self imposed.
Speaker 3: That's me attaching a thought.
Speaker 2: Or a feeling or any or a story or a narrative towards that emotion and then extending the life cycle.
Speaker 1: Is that not the human condition?
Speaker 2: It is, absolutely it is. But it's also good to know that if you find yourself in this cycle frustration or sadness, or anger or even happiness, that physiologically your body is meant to get over things.
Speaker 3: If you wanted to, you.
Speaker 2: Could, If you wanted to, you would. It is on you squarely, period.
Speaker 5: This is Flex and frooms on Keda.
Speaker 2: Right now we have a bit of a delemma, not our own, fortunately, but from a person who's messaged us. This is love line where Flex infirmed your resident professional opinion have is give you advice on your love dilemmas.
Speaker 3: What's the problem.
Speaker 2: We don't know, but we will find your solution and give you a song to send you on your merry way.
Speaker 4: Yes, that was a stunning description, Flex, and I want to get straight to it. I just found out that my boyfriend of six months is close friends with his ex partner. They dated for years and were friends before they dated. They broke up about two years ago. Throughout our relationship, he has spent time with her and even stated a house in a different state for the weekend. Uft I knew that he was spending time with her. I just assumed she was a friend and not an ex. Do I have a right to be upset about this? I'm not upset that he's friends with her per se, just that he never told me. And this is a fairly significant relationship. I've never met this person, they live in a different state, and they only spend time together at conference is for work.
Speaker 1: I'm putting a little astex there. What's the issue here?
Speaker 2: It's sus. It's not sus to be friends with your ex. I pride myself on not being friends with my exes, but being loved.
Speaker 3: By all of them.
Speaker 1: So I say, why aren't you friends with them?
Speaker 2: I don't need that many friends, and so you gotta you gotta cut the fat. Sometimes not everyone can be top ten.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: If they were just friends who were exes, fine, But this is your friend who is your ex and you dated for a long time two years ago. Two years ago is not that long when it comes to gaps in relationships, that's fresh. If I dated something two years ago and have a lifetime of friendship with them, you gotta pass that on. That's information that your current person needs to be privy to. And then work conferences.
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: If you're hanging what is that if you're if you're hanging out, it's customary to give your partner context on the on your friends. Where did you meet, how did you meet? How do you know each other? Totally shady boots, sus not sus? Does current girlfriend have the right to be angry?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say yes, current girlfriend is hanging out with old girlfriend in a friend situation, you need to know if they've dated so you can pick up SUS vibes. Otherwise you're going in blind.
Speaker 2: And even if that's not the only reason, keeping that a secret is the SUS thing. If it's a non event, then it should be known. Why hasn't it. Why hasn't any of the other friends mentioned it? It's not come up.
Speaker 1: I've been in this situation before, have you pray Telle.
Speaker 4: I was dating a guy and he was still good friends with some of that he'd slept with.
Speaker 1: I don't know if.
Speaker 4: They'd dated before yeah, of course I didn't know about this, so I'm sure I didn't know about a lot of things. And they'd hang out and she was always a bit of a sus unit to me. And before I thought, this is weird, like you're acting a bit possessive and strange to like you, but you're making it difficult and the long and behold. Afterwards I found out and I thought, Yep, some of those snide comments you made to me while I tried to ingratiate myself with the group wasn't just in my head it wasn't.
Speaker 2: And I, on the other hand, have been the possessive X situationship who has let me not incriminate myself.
Speaker 3: I'm glad.
Speaker 1: I was so ready.
Speaker 5: This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 2: Do you know anyone born on the same day as you, like, actually know someone not well not well enough to say.
Speaker 3: Yes, same day, same year? Yep?
Speaker 1: Really on the third of the third. It's like a very historic day, is it?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 3: According to whom me, oh, can I one up you please?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 2: I met somebody in my Instagram dms who told me, well, let me backtrack a little bit. This is someone that I have had casual interactions with in my Instagram DM who would just like agree with things that I agreed with, like, oh, we have the same opinion on this thing, we like this thing. It was like cute, but not that exclusive Anyway, One day I posted my birth chart onto Instagram story. For those who don't know who birth chart is, it's just like astrology. You put your birthday and where you're born into this internet thing and then it tells you some stuff about your astrology.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I post this and this same girl says, huh, that looks kind of like mine. I was like, okay, cool, whatever. Then she goes and asks me when I was born, what day, what time, what year? And we were born not only in the same day, the same year, but in the same bloody hospital.
Speaker 3: Really, what are the odds?
Speaker 1: Same hospital, same hospital?
Speaker 2: And then that led me to think, what are the like, how many babies are birthed in a campanyun birthing board at one time? For eight of us, nine of us, maybe even twenty. But it's not high enough for us to not only be in each other's dms, but to share mutual friends.
Speaker 3: Oh you've got me, We've got mutual friends.
Speaker 1: Wow, have you figured out who the friends are?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Similar area?
Speaker 3: What do you mean the people? I know? The friends?
Speaker 2: But like, no, the mutual friend we have wasn't even born here in Sydney. It's born in Brisbane.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Don't let to how they say you should never meet your double ganger in real life, the person who looks just like you, because one of you has to go. I feel as if I meet her in the flesh, it's going to be too close to home. Either we'll get along so well that it's not exciting because it's predictable, or we'll realize we're nothing alike and we embarrassingly have to keep up this. Oh you know, we're cosmic twins. We have the same birthday.
Speaker 1: That gives me demons?
Speaker 3: Does it really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Just keep it in the DMS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll keep it. We'll keep it, you know, arms lengths. But what I love about that is now I have a fun story to tell totally. And the reason why I need that is because every time you have those like Icebreaker group interview party full of strangers, things like, you know, tell us something nice about yourself.
Speaker 3: I've got nothing. I've got no fun story.
Speaker 1: Earlier, I thought you'd be really good at that.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm saying. But now I do I have a cosmic twin.
Speaker 1: Cosmic twin or now stave and she's listening to.
Speaker 2: This probably and PSA for anyone who wants to try and one up me, you can't.
Speaker 3: Don't share your stories.
Speaker 2: I don't want to know if you two have a cosmic twin who's born on the same day, say your same hospital.
Speaker 3: Shut it. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Keep it to your damn self.
Speaker 5: You're listening to flex and frooms on Kada.
Speaker 1: How are you all doing.
Speaker 4: Doing?
Speaker 1: It's really not working for me today.
Speaker 2: I just want to let you be you. That's what I'm here to do. I want you to imagine that you're on a weekend away with a group of your friends.
Speaker 3: I know five six of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you took two cars, five six of them in particular. Though you're with your bestest friends, so whoever that is, keep them in mind. At the beach house, you all decide to go for a walk to a local kind of like secluded beach. There's just you, your mate and like a small family yonder a couple drinkies later, everyone's kind of loose, having a good time.
Speaker 3: You're in your period.
Speaker 2: You also got cramps, so like, you're not interested in getting involved or going for a swim, but your best friend is. You tell her I don't think you should. Like, there's storm cloud coming in. Those waves are kind of hectic. She says, no, there's like a little girl about to go and if she can go and I can go in. You're like, okay, whatever, she goes in. You lie down, pop a couple on EUROPM. Maybe I don't know what you do for your cramps. And then you hear two deathly screams.
Speaker 3: You're like, what what is that?
Speaker 2: You turn to look towards the beach and you see both your friend and that little girl flailing. You're freaking out because at first he thought it was just a little girl. Both of them are caught in the roob and it's hectic. Turns out family can't swim. Yeah, all your friends are cooked, so it's only you.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Have ever been in a rib?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Mmm?
Speaker 1: I can tell because if you're.
Speaker 4: In a.
Speaker 3: Something to me, what does that meant to me? Because you set it up. I could have said, yeah, I have. Actually I have.
Speaker 4: And then what Joe said, if someone's in a rib, you can't go and save them.
Speaker 3: Well, this is why I'm asking, Babe.
Speaker 4: No, I guess if someone's in a rib, I only going to save one of them if I knew how to swim out of a rip. But this is only something that I've learned recently, and that's if you're in a rip at the beach, you need to swim sideways. In this scenario, I feel bad for a little girl, but I don't know her and agism. Really, everyone's life is worth the same as someone else, So as awful as that is, I'm going for my friend.
Speaker 2: Hold on, everyone's life is worth the same as somebody else's. Direct quote from you. Yeah, you're gonna save your best friend over the little girl. Her family is freaking out, none of them. They're helpless. They can't do anything.
Speaker 1: Well, so are our friends because they're cooked.
Speaker 3: Great. Yeah, so what will you do.
Speaker 1: I'm saving my best friend.
Speaker 3: And you are letting the little girl.
Speaker 1: Ah, she's gonna swim back to the shore. She's got it.
Speaker 3: That's so hectic.
Speaker 2: It's good to know who your friends are. I, for one, I'm not saving anyone.
Speaker 3: Listen, to what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, Babe, there are two people in danger. You go out, makes it three. There's a family who can't swim and a bunch of cooked friends.
Speaker 3: It's game over.
Speaker 2: Not even gonna notice that you're gone five hours letter, Oh where Frooms go?
Speaker 3: Done? Your legacy, lost bloodline gone.
Speaker 1: The Froom's name has disappeared.
Speaker 3: It's good to know. Thanks for the thanks for disclosing.
Speaker 2: Flex And through me revealed to me that she has a special talent from her days working at a car dealership. Perhaps I'm not sure if it's related, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 2: Her special talent is being able to tell what the make and model is on any Australian car that she sees. I was flabbergasted. I was also skeptical and immediately quizzed her. I pointed to a car that she confidently said was admit to be She it was like a Henda.
Speaker 3: So we were not off to a good start.
Speaker 2: And so today in front of us we have sheets of paper, and on each of those sheets of paper we have Australian cars. We've got images of cars.
Speaker 1: They're not Australian cars, they're international.
Speaker 3: Car cars found in Australia. Okay, there we go through me.
Speaker 2: Suggests guarantees that she'll be able to tell me the make and the model of each car just by looking at an image.
Speaker 3: Happily, let's go with car number one.
Speaker 1: It is a Masda.
Speaker 3: Okay, I didn't catch that. It's silver.
Speaker 2: It's like a five seedter, looks like a car a mum drives. It's all I've got for you. So you said it to Mazda. There is a logo on it, so I feel like you could have guessed that one easily. What is the make and model all the year?
Speaker 4: Okay, We're gonna go with year because I'm not a complete genius. Originally I wanted to say two thousand and eight, yep, but I've decided, actually, this looks like fourteen fifteen, so I'm gonna go twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: Mazda.
Speaker 3: She's actually right. I told you said two thousand.
Speaker 2: Night I was ready to rip into I was like, is it it's a Mazda three twenty fourteen. Okay, that's the one. Next I want to say it's a Fluke, but let me not be a hater. No, no, no, in front of me, We've got a big barmber Hummer.
Speaker 1: I think it's a Hummer. It's some sort of Ford.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, it's a big bus car, hunker chunker, like huge wheels, like elevated off you know, like a monster truck of ur monster, but definitely road safe. And it's got flames on it.
Speaker 3: What is it for me?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: This could actually be some sort of jeep, but I don't think it is. I think it's like an American hot car. Something about the way that the photo is taken two thousand and eight to twenty twelve, and what is it now? It's two thousand and eight and it is a Chrysler.
Speaker 3: Loser, it's a two thousand and five Hummer.
Speaker 5: Crap.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's go with your gut, but if you really knew the car, you wouldn't have to go with your gut, you'd use your brain.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, next, shit you straight away. This is a Ford Wild Track. It is a four door ute situation four by four, very nice. And this is from two thousand and six.
Speaker 3: Hmm. It's a Ford Ranger okay.
Speaker 2: And it's from two thousand and seventeen, oh so just about nine years off. Now, can you let us know what made you say two thousand and six. So confidently the.
Speaker 4: Shape of the eyes at the front of the lights is giving Commodore early two thousands Commodore.
Speaker 2: But how would you know that? You're so far off that at this point, So how many of you got right? One?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: Next up, we've got a VW Combi van and this is nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 2: Wrong, it's nineteen seventy one. Though it's close enough, not close enough for you to say that you can guess any make and model in a year of a car by sight. In this instance, I swear to you out of nowhere, we're gonna get a sandwich. We're not even talking about automobiles, vehicles, nothing. Rooms looks me dead in my eye and says I can guess any making, any car, any car, confidently points to the next one. That's a twenty fourteen yan.
Speaker 1: Day And I was right at that time.
Speaker 3: But the next one was a Missubichi And you're like, yeah, that's heyday.
Speaker 4: It's a pretty good strike rate for somebody who does not work has used castles.
Speaker 3: That's not even like a BC. That's a fail.
Speaker 1: You're so mean. You're listening to flex and frames and I'm gonna yeez away in my.
Speaker 5: Car, flex and frooms on.
Speaker 2: Average day, I'm watching you exist. Do you think you change your behavior because you know I'm watching you?
Speaker 1: Definitely?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely change my behavior. I think I think I am more considered.
Speaker 4: Ah, I think I try to preserve my energy for on air with you.
Speaker 1: I'm not making small talk.
Speaker 3: That's really sweet.
Speaker 1: Do you think you change around me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think if I was in a room four walls or white, decked out in the best furniture and no one there to observe me, I would number one, not talk. I would probably not think as much either. I'll probably be asleep. But I came across this think called the Hawthorne effect, and it's the belief that we subconsciously alter our behavior when we're being observed, and it can affect all kinds of behaviors like what you eat, your hygiene habits, how you speak, how you present yourself. And it makes a lot of sense too, because there are tons of people that I know that in their own space they behave a different way.
Speaker 3: What are you looking at? Don't look at him and look at me, look at you.
Speaker 2: The fact that I just told you that on average, we only listened to twenty percent of a conversation, and midway through making my point, you've caught your reflection just behind me, and you haven't even made it subtle. But I was doing more research about this Hawthorne effect, and it's also they say the Hawthorne effect is the reason why in offices they encourage like good lighting and regular breaks, because if we can all see each other clearly and we're forced to interact with each other, then we'll behave better really, rather than being in like dark corners or secluded or in our own little bubbles where we're left to our own devices.
Speaker 3: Makes heaps of.
Speaker 4: Sense, makes a lot of sense. I get it when we're in these rooms because we spend a lot of time at cater and there is a lollijar in our studio which is constantly haunting me because I am a sweet tooth. It's haunting you, haunting me, haunting you, it's haunting me because I love sweet treats. And if nobody was here, I beating the whole jar, really, But instead I've got to bide my time. You know, one every three breaks, I'll go in for a little lolly, make a little stash here, so I'm not being judged.
Speaker 1: Go for it. Yeah, I should go for it.
Speaker 2: Nobody's thinking about you like You're thinking about you in the nicest way possible.
Speaker 3: Nobody cares.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to the Flex and Frooms Daily podcast for more Tune needs a Kate Out on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.