Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connor show, Jack House.
Speaker 2: Something living in your roof.
Speaker 3: It's in there, it's up there. We hear every night as we watch TV.
Speaker 2: Is Sue the Boss. She's determined to get you up earlier and into the studio. Sue the bosses up there. We know it up there, so.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's too she's got scratchy feet, because it's something with scratchy feet going scritch, scratch, scratch each night as we're watching TV. I think it might be birds because in the daytime I see birds hanging around the window near where the scretching is.
Speaker 2: You see hanging around. I mean they're just they're just birds, not hanging around.
Speaker 3: They like something about.
Speaker 2: Youths hanging around. That's seven eleven.
Speaker 3: They're loitering. The birds are loitering above our windows, loitering with intent. Then, when I was a kid, obviously a common one is possums in the roof. We had possums at Mum and Dad's. And then it could be a third thing. I've seen a rat at our house in the backyard. Imagine it was a rat or a family of rats living in the roof.
Speaker 2: Rats. Do you think it's right? Don't I mean scratching the fear of it. Right, doesn't the word rats? Gare you? Have you ever heard of? No one's going to thank me for the saying this, but I'm going to share it now. Do you know what a king rat is?
Speaker 3: It sounds just like a massive rat.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: The London underground is like, if you've ever been on londonderground, you'll see rats everywhere. Okay, because it's the underground. Someone wants. When I said, oh, these rats here, one of the underground stuff was telling me about what a thing called a king rat?
Speaker 3: What like a queen bee?
Speaker 2: God, No, it's worse than that. But when it's the real subterranean darkness for rats, right, their tails when they're living together, because there's like hundreds of them, their tails become entwined and they can't separate. So you can have ten to twelve rats tangled together. What happens is one rat, one rat, king rat will move them all as one.
Speaker 4: That's terrific.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When he told me about that, I actually went right, you've seen that in a cartoon. No, he told me about he's seen king rats.
Speaker 3: Wait, so the tail together they.
Speaker 2: Get entoying because the darkness they're all onto the bitch. Hundreds of them. Hundreds of them, right, okay, produce a real of rat tails tied together. No, you've seen the racking that I want to be. I demand to be not now on the racking, the racking. How often is that?
Speaker 3: I think that's living by roof.
Speaker 2: Rat King, Seriously, that thing comes down and drags you away. There's nothing to do. You're up there. We'd have to leave you up there to die. Whyn't a jack boast? Did you fire him?
Speaker 3: No, Ratking, they dragged him away because I saw the rat at the worst possible time. I've never seen a rat before, and.
Speaker 2: It's the worst possible time to see it. In the afternoon five boss fight, we were.
Speaker 3: We were having a dinner party, and.
Speaker 2: You flashed it. Oh, sorry to interrupt this dinner party for vring out the fare rat.
Speaker 3: I think my friends outside to show on the lawn because we got the lawny.
Speaker 2: Dinner party strings on the lawn.
Speaker 3: Now law.
Speaker 2: On sets more mint, Julip, Julie just sue the boss in the roof again.
Speaker 3: And then a rat took off across the back fence, you know, one side to the other, and all my friends said you've got rats here, so I've got either.
Speaker 2: It's a good dinner, per I say that bird possum or rat new game. It's a home of the name game. And it's also the show since we came back.
Speaker 3: By the way, possible rat, I love it.
Speaker 1: What do they win?
Speaker 2: If they guess right? You're gonna go up there today find out if it's a golden bird, Golden possible.
Speaker 3: Gold I want to know how to get rid of them?
Speaker 2: All right, okay, golden now bird, possible rat? What do you want advice on each one?
Speaker 3: Firstly, what's the worst one to have?
Speaker 2: And I told you rat King?
Speaker 3: And then if it's either of those or any of those, how do I get.
Speaker 2: Rid of them? Bacon sandwich? Who can resist the lurever bacon sandwich? They come out for that? Give us a call.
Speaker 1: Christ Connell Shoe podcast.
Speaker 2: Patsy, you must have experiences about this.
Speaker 4: We had rats once, Jack and we could smell it. All used to crawl around our here. No we could smell it. It had obviously died in the roof, and it just progressively got worse over a couple of days. And I said, to the love God, you need to get up there in that roof and check it out anyway, So he opened the manhole and it had very conveniently died right near the manhole, so he didn't have to crawl through the roof. So we went to Bunning's got those big black industrial long gloves because we're thinking how we're going to pick it up. This thing was massive. It was like the size of a small dog, like a fox terrier.
Speaker 2: I'm not it was huge that you got the mega dog and now you've got a mega rasage. So anyway to get a wheelbarrow, I.
Speaker 4: Had to hold the big garbage bag. I couldn't look, so I'm down below the ladder not looking. He had the gloves, he got the long you know those barbecue tongs, the long ones. Picked it up with that and we the barbie ate it when you put it in the bag. Honestly, it was like a load of bricks going in the bag. This thing was huge. I think it had babies or something.
Speaker 2: It was massive.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go into the lines. Linda, birds, possum or rats.
Speaker 5: Rats for the worst. They're definitely the worst. But Jack, I've got this fantastic tip for you from my old Scottish neighbor. What you do is, if you've got a cat, or you've got a friend that's got a cat, you get their really dirty, smelly, stinky liter and put it in a bag and put it in your roof. And then the rats or whatever they think, Yeah, they think there's a cat up there, and so they go, they go away.
Speaker 2: They have a load of Larry stuff, fresh fresh Larry PiZZ tomorrow morning, sprinkle out. There there's a line up the sides of that fat cat I've got.
Speaker 3: So all I'm doing, though, is trading the scratching of the animal for the smell of cat pete.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but once they've gone and then just get rid of the cat pe because they're not going to come back. They'll go and live somewhere else.
Speaker 2: It's a good idea.
Speaker 3: It's not a great idea, but if I get desperate, I will try it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me know Larry's letter, dirty yellow letter tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Bringing bag of Larry's stuff in just in case.
Speaker 2: I'm keeping the put it works for me, Linda, Thank you very much. Advice. Good morning, bye, Jamie, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm good, Jamie. Always under torture, Jamie, what advice have you got for Jack? Also, have birds maybe out of my roof every morning mating, mating like it used to just half of two and they went to four and they went to six every morning. It's a quick old breeding program they're running up there. Well, they're doubling each day. Birds don't just multiply.
Speaker 3: That was just it was like a good order on the roof every week.
Speaker 2: And what do you do to get rid of them? First of all of them with the hose and then call them down? That yeah, that young arder, that young love called it down. You should have called to David Attenbroy could have filmed a series up there.
Speaker 1: I started that start putting fake crows roof that works.
Speaker 2: I didn't know. I know you can buy fake house Patsy gave me one, but I didn't get a fake crime did worked?
Speaker 3: And these were in the roof on the roof.
Speaker 1: On the roof.
Speaker 2: Are you in the roof now moving glass or sheet metal?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: What's you up to, Jamie?
Speaker 1: I just did my work then, okay.
Speaker 2: Jamie, have a good day.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: One final thing, just to help Jack out with some rat facts, I googled interesting rat fats. By the way, I also found an article Top fifteen cartoon, Mice and Rats ranked Jerry from Tom and Jerry at number four.
Speaker 1: Nowhere for Tom.
Speaker 2: I understand, you know, I couldn't stand that cartoon. I say, kid, did you like Tom?
Speaker 3: But only one of them was a rat?
Speaker 2: No, but of course one's a cat. Take that out of the podcast. Oh sorry, it was the top fifteen cats and mice and rats. Seriously taking out the podcast anyway? Did you know that rats can laugh? Oh? Okay, why would rat facts I'd printed off for this infographic? Rats can laugh?
Speaker 4: What's it sound like?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I don't know. Pats have not studied this, but we need to find out. Can we jump on YouTube here if they've actually got microphones? Apparently? Rats off? What's more terrifying than seeing a rat the night than hearing it in the night and laughing at you?
Speaker 1: Christian Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're talking about rats or birds or possums that may or may not be living in Jack's roof, and we found out that rats laugh, and this is evidence of that. What listened to is a rat being tickled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I'm being tickled. Somebody's gone through four years, maybe more are sign University and then got to put on the rubber gloves toick's.
Speaker 2: Got one of those big long produs or something. You don't want to get too close to a rat like a meter stick to give a little nudge right on their ribs. Everyone's ticklish. They're even the king rats. Let's stop it now, scientists.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast