Speaker 1: Welcome them, Christian No Common Show podcast You Patsy. But I'm lucky that the kids start to go back to school today and tomorrow, I mean, I don't know it Thursday and a Friday. I mean, but you Aldy goes back Monday. So I've been making myself very very unpopular for the kid to get this. Then since Saturday, I've decided to try, and I go in their bedrooms at eight o'clock and start waking them up round they go and have you've seen like a fifteen year old and a seventeen year old at that time, and they're like, why you do? It's not what I mean said.
Speaker 2: It's not eleven o'clock yet.
Speaker 1: Six weeks at the good.
Speaker 2: Times when I go out school Thursday.
Speaker 1: But I'm telling mom why you're doing it? Said, you need to start getting ready now. It's such a basic white dad. I got thrown in my face again because I'm training. Even yesterday on the public holiday, I was waking them up at eight o'clock and they they are filthy. Then then I made them go and once they're I made them going. I want the school bags open. Now. I don't know how you can live like this, right, where you dump a bag in the corner of your bedroom with the last air school and then six or seven weeks later you open up it had like moldy I presume it's moldy fruit. I mean, then there could be the next COVID variant coming out those school bags being opened up this week. It's disgusting. It's like bag zero. Then it's the homework and it's a big year in our house for both the girls, right, especially Ruby. Today is get this, guys, right. Even when you first met Ruby, she was a lot younger than now four odd years ago. Today is the first day of her last school year. She starts year twelve today.
Speaker 2: Crazy. Yeah, I remember going to her fourteenth birthday.
Speaker 1: I remember well because for some reason you ordered oysters as a starter. No one else had them. We all looked at each other. I've only just met him a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if it be sticking around on the show. On this I had to pick up the tap who is invited to fourteen girls dinner? And then yeah, why not Tuesday night? I have some oysters.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was an odd request at the time. Now looking back on it, I see that that was a little bit strange, especially because nobody else ordered it.
Speaker 1: So if her eighteenth is in July, right and a big deal, do you remember the this is to count down the count up to being eighteenth. She can obviously take a driving test, but the big thing, big thing is your eighteenth party. What did you guys do? What did you guys do?
Speaker 2: I had a mum and dad's place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what she wants to do.
Speaker 2: Then they banned parties at our house for evermore.
Speaker 1: See I know what's happening, right, I know. She goes, Oh, we just want to have it here. People love people normally have at their eighteenth and then Lois and the younger sister goes, oh, yeah, do you happened at Peshi's last year there? The parents then got trashed and they're like laughing and going, I don't want to get the place trashed. Do you remember that eighteen? I remember trashing makes place?
Speaker 2: You did not care. I didn't care or about taking.
Speaker 1: Trashy And I'm not gonna look, I stop being traded. They're going to any of the vinyl. I'm gonna have a melt down here, so they said, and we don't want you there when look, we have to be here for safety, and like, well, you've got to stay out the way, stay in the garage. You can stay for eight hours while kind of Shenanigan's going onder the door. She said, Oh, you know, the music's really important, you know, because it gets really awkward if there's like alala and stuff like that, you know, and they're so self conscious now, you know, about who's having the better party and or something. So I said, look, we could we could just hire a DJ. And then I worked out way that I could be there and keeping on what's going on. I said, why don't I DJ.
Speaker 2: In a costume like daft punk so they don't know that your dad.
Speaker 1: What's it called? Is that mouse guy? Dead mouse Dad? Christian know Connell's show podcast